Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika heads back towards the clearing after collecting her broken pokeballs.

    (1d100)[95]

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Blake:
    Celeste hits the bull hard, almost knocking it over. In response the bull runs in a circle and charges back at Celeste, ramming into her for 15 damage.

    Mika:
    You come back to the old clearing and once again into the sunlight, you're able to enjoy it for nearly half an hour before you hear a growl from behind you. A brown rodent of some sort just growled very menacingly at you and your pokemon. (Keahi and Solara each -1 Atk CS)

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "Once more, Celeste! You've got this one!" The Umbreon lets out a cry before rushing at the bull Pokemon again, aiming to end the battle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste: Tackle - AC: (1d20)[14] v. 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+14)[18] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[15] on Crit

    Celeste: Immune to Critical Hits, -1 Defense Combat Stage
    HP: 12/49
    DEF: 14 12
    SPDEF: 16
    SPD: 7
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-31 at 10:57 PM.
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

    Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

    The Claymore of Enlightenment.

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Blake:
    Celeste hits the bull, bashing her head against his. The pokedex beeps to get your attention as it alerts you that you're fighting a Tauros. Said Tauros swings it's horns wildly, very nearly gorging the Umbreon, but she dodges nimbly aside.

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Smiling, Blake calls, "That's the way, Celeste! Take it down!" Celeste quickly turns and charges the Tauros once more, swiftly moving around it to cut off any escape route before striking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste: Pursuit - AC: (1d20)[14] v. 2 + Phys Evasion, (1d12+16)[27] Dark Damage plus (1d12+6)[18] on Crit

    Celeste: Immune to Critical Hits, -1 Defense Combat Stage
    HP: 12/49
    DEF: 14 12
    SPDEF: 16
    SPD: 7
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

    Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

    The Claymore of Enlightenment.

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Blake:
    With a final smash, Celeste knocks the Tauros to the ground in a heap of legs and fur. "Damn kid, well done," the older man says as he pays up. and recalls his mon. As he leaves Andrew comes back through the door and says, "Good fight, Ben gave me the highlights. Lets get your umbreon back to the Kennels and fix her up." Once you two arrive there he and Taylor get to work on Celeste, she acting more as an assistant than medic. You even chip in on occasion, being an extra pair of hands and a calming voice. It's about 5:15 PM when Celeste is fully healed.

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Chuck:
    You're able to put out the closest fire easily while Firemane hits the next fire bug hard. It returns with a line of stringy webbing that slows Firemane down a bit. The other one tries spitting flames at her again, but it has no effect.
    "Keep at it, girl! We will be done in a short time!"

  8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Chuck:
    You step closer and put out more of the fire. You hear a loud crunch and when you look up you see that Firemane has crushed the bug closest to it, it's corpse oddly shaped in death. The other bug chooses to forgo the comfort of proximity to fire and takes the place of his fallen friend. He nips at Firemane's front legs, leeching a little of her vitality. She takes 3 damage. Another bug crawls out of the basement and immediately sets fire to the space in front of it, ignoring the battle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13
    A|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
    B|W|C|C|C|C|C|H|La|Fi|W|||W
    C|W|C|Fi||||La|Po||D|||W
    D|W|C||C|C|C||||W|||W
    E|W|C|Ch|C|C|C||||W|W|W|W
    F|W|C||C|C|C||||W|||W
    G|W|C||||||||D|||W
    H|W|C|C|C|C|C|C|C||W|||W
    I|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W[/table]


    W-Wall
    C-Counter (Cannot walk through)
    D-Door (Trainer action to open)
    H-Opening to Basement
    Fi-Fire (Causes 2d8 Fire damage, and Burns)

    La-White and orange pokemon
    Ch-Chuck
    Po-Firemane -1 Spd CS (-2 Spd)

    Summary: You put out a fire and Firemane squished a bug as big as she is. The other bug hit Firemane for 3 damage. Another bug joined the party and he brought fire.

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "I am almost done, girl. Be there with you in a second! Keep taking them out!"

  10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Chuck:
    You put out another fire, now there's only one left up here in the kitchen. There's still some smoke coming from the basement so you don't know what's down there for sure. Firemane smashes against the bug that attacked her last (you didn't specify) and considerably weakens it. It looks around and in desperation it casts Ember at her again, and again it does nothing. The other bug, now cozy next to his fire, hits Firemane with a stringy substance, and she is slowed even more. (Spd is now 10 instead of 13). Your Pokedex alerts you that these bugs are Larvesta.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13
    A|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
    B|W|C|C|C|C|C|H|La|Fi|W|||W
    C|W|C|||||La|Po||D|||W
    D|W|C|Ch|C|C|C||||W|||W
    E|W|C||C|C|C||||W|W|W|W
    F|W|C||C|C|C||||W|||W
    G|W|C||||||||D|||W
    H|W|C|C|C|C|C|C|C||W|||W
    I|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W[/table]


    W-Wall
    C-Counter (Cannot walk through)
    D-Door (Trainer action to open)
    H-Opening to Basement
    Fi-Fire (Causes 2d8 Fire damage, and Burns)

    La-Larvesta
    Po-Firemane
    Ch-Chuck

    Summary: You put out another Fire. Firemane hurts another Larvesta. The newest Larvesta joins combat by hitting Firemane with String Shot, she is now -2 CS for Spd (-3).


    Blake:
    You spend the next 15 minutes caring for Celeste and chatting with Andrew and Taylor about medic stories. The best story is how a Houndoom gave birth to a litter of eggs while on the medic's table. It's not the happiest thing to imagine, but the fact that all the pups and mother turned out fine and healthy is a stalwart reminder of why you want to do the same.

    And at 5:30 PM, on Day 2, you are paused. You will come back when the others have reached this time.

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "Keahi, you ready? Use tackle!" Mika gets up, turning towards the small creature she scans it with her pokedex.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle

    AC vs 3 (1d20)[18]
    Damage (2d8+11)[18]

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika:
    Keahi charges into the brown furry pokemon and hits it so hard that it flips over. It gets to it's feet shakily and throws itself at Keahi in return, but it misses wildly and hits the dirt.

  13. - Top - End - #493
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika throws a pokeball at the small pokemon. "Keahi if i don't catch it take it down."

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+5)[78]

    Tackle

    AC vs 3 (1d20)[1]
    Damage (2d8+11)[19]

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika:
    The pokeball flies straight at the brown creature, and absorbs it readily. It sits shaking for a full 12 seconds before finally clicking shut. Keahi backs down, no longer against an enemy. Your pokedex identifies your newest pokemon as Zigzagoon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats! Zigzagoon, Level 5, Male, Pick-up ability and Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd). It has 3 HP left.


    Keahi gains 50 XP. It is now 2:00 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika decides to head to the mall to heal her pokemon and buy some more pokeballs (4). After feeling a bit hungry she heads to the northern hotel district to find something to eat and plans to head back to the gym after.

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Mika:
    It's a long, long walk back into town and to the mall, but you reach it by 4:00 PM. It takes 20 minutes to get your team healed up and in that time you buy 4 more pokeballs for ^800. You collect your team and head out for an early dinner, spending another ^50 and enjoying your meal. You take your time and leave the restaurant at 5:30 PM.

    And at 5:30 PM, on Day 2, you are paused. You will come back when the others have reached this time.

  17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Chuck:
    You put out another fire, now there's only one left up here in the kitchen. There's still some smoke coming from the basement so you don't know what's down there for sure. Firemane smashes against the bug that attacked her and considerably weakens it. It looks around and in desperation it casts Ember at her again, and again it does nothing. The other bug, now cozy next to his fire, hits Firemane with a stringy substance, and she is slowed even more. Your Pokedex alerts you that these bugs are Larvesta.
    Chuck drops the fire extinguisher and gets his whip, hitting the closest Larvesta with a slapping sound, and commands the Pokemon, "Firemane, I've got this, get the other one."

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Chuck:
    You stride forward and bring your whip cracking down on the Larvesta from behind, knocking it unconscious. Firemane throws itself at the other one but doesn't seem to connect. It nips at her and draws in some of her life force, doing 3 damage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13
    A|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W
    B|W|C|C|C|C|C|H|La|Fi|W|||W
    C|W|C||||Ch||Po||D|||W
    D|W|C||C|C|C||||W|||W
    E|W|C||C|C|C||||W|W|W|W
    F|W|C||C|C|C||||W|||W
    G|W|C||||||||D|||W
    H|W|C|C|C|C|C|C|C||W|||W
    I|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W||W|W|W|W[/table]


    W-Wall
    C-Counter (Cannot walk through)
    D-Door (Trainer action to open)
    H-Opening to Basement
    Fi-Fire (Causes 2d8 Fire damage, and Burns)

    La-Larvesta
    Po-Firemane
    Ch-Chuck

    Summary: You KO another bug, but Firemane misses her target. In response, he hits her with leech life and does 3 Damage.

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Chuck says, "Firemane, this is the last one. Let's do this together."

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Day 2, 5:30 PM, Dusk Island City

    Collin and Mika, both being outside, notice that the lights at the top of the Dusk Island Mall start to flicker. You're far away and it's really high up so you and everyone else that sees it assumes that it's nothing. Maybe you're imagining things. It is at this moment when everyone, everyone in the city, feels the ground begin to shake. Some people scream earthquake, some scream tidal wave. Collin knows the Earth well enough to disregard those fools, and Mika was still staring at the flickering Mall.

    Then the sky is lit for a split second, a miniature sun seeming to burst from the top floors of the tallest tower in the city: The Dusk Island Mall. The cacophonous roar hits a second later. It's so loud that even Blake and Dave can hear it clearly. The shockwave follows a second later, knocking the majority of the Downtown Core into rubble. Even at such a distance, Collin and his bike are thrown fifteen feet along the road. Glass shatters everywhere and echoing cracks can be heard forming in the walls of the encased city.

    Then, as almost all of the city's inhabitants start regaining their feet, the lights go out. All of them. Dusk Island City has been thrown into the darkness.

  21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Most concerned for the safety of those inside buildings when the power went out, Collin will fold up his bike and call out Ganga.

    "Ganga, girl, we're trapped in the dark. I want you to burrow underfoot and keep an ear out for trouble."

    Once Ganga is in position, Collin will stumble towards the Gym as best he can. He was almost there when the power went out. He'll trust the responsible people who aren't an hour's walk away from the site of the explosion to handle emergency care there. He's concerned primarily about the adopted family he's now a part of.
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Standing up from where he fell when the world shook and roared around him, Blake looks around in the darkness. "Andrew, Taylor, you guys alright?" he says, hoping that one of the others has some source of light.
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

    Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

    The Claymore of Enlightenment.

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Blake:
    You hear a groan from somewhere to your right and reaching down you find Andrew's beard. Following it you quickly find his face and are soon able to grab his hand to pull him to his feet. "Taylor, you alright? The muk was that? Where's the power?" the big man says as he regains his footing. A *click* later and a beam of light cuts through the dark and circles both you and Andrew. "I got the light. Do you think the others are alright?"

    Collin:
    Ganga leads you back to the gym where you first met her, all the while keeping watch through the dirt. As you travel up the streets you notice that more and more people seem to have left their hotels and are steadily shouting about seeking order. An idea breaks loose upon the mob and a lot of people start heading for the Docks and the Beach, to get away or get help as quickly as possible.

    After a couple minutes of searching you find the door to the gym and enter. Inside you feel a telepathic presence leap into your mind and once you're sorted as 'friendly' the presence recedes. "Sorry about that," Cathy says. "I needed to know you were a member. Is that really what happened outside? The Mall exploded?"

  24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "And the power went out, yes. I came here as quickly as I could. What can I do to help?"
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "I think so... we should check, though. Got any more flashlights around here?" Blake asks, letting Taylor lead him through the gym to find others and, hopefully, some additional light source.
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

    Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

    The Claymore of Enlightenment.

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Collin:
    "I don't know. I just sent Joan the image of what happened outside. Ben will get back to me when she decides what to do." You don't have to be a psychic to tell that she's scared. In the darkness you still see nothing, but the sound of her voice seems small in the void that was once just a reception area. "Your friends are here, the medic and the tinkerer," she says after a minute of silence.

    Blake:
    Through the light you see Andrew grab another flashlight and say, "Only the two. The workshop has two more next door and I think there's a battery lantern in the office." He looks at you through the beam of white light. "You have to understand, this has never happened before. The Mall supplies geothermic energy to the entire city, constantly. I can't imagine what must have happened."

  27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    "If you'll please take me to them, we'll be able to organize ourselves here so we're ready when Joan says to move."
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    dave opens his eyes in the darkened workshop at first he can't make out what he is looking at but it becomes clear once he takes out and flips on his now trusty flash light "dang its the ceiling again this is the second time today I've found myself staring at it"

    Dave gets up and shines the light around the room when he finds Vanessa he says "please tell me we just blew a very enthusiastic fuse" he also helps her up if she needs it.

  29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Blake pales slightly before saying, "So... something's happened at the mall, then. Did the volcano erupt, or something?"
    Currently GMing: Pokemon - Shadows Unbound

    Blake Denos Poketar by Ceika!

    The Claymore of Enlightenment.

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

    Collin:
    Cathy nods and grabs hold of your wrist. She leads you into the office by touch and from here both of you can see light in the Training Room. Inside the room there are half a dozen people situated around a bright lantern, sitting on the ground.

    Dave:
    You find Vanessa on her knees opening a cupboard, and turning on her own flashlight. "Yours rechargeable?" she asks, referring to your flashlight. "It is, but I haven't charged it since I bought it," you reply. "Okay, pass it here," she turns off her own light. "These are battery operated, might as well save them." She leads you outside and into the training room, where the others are situated around a bright lantern. Vanessa turns off your light and hands it back to you before joining the others.

    Blake:
    "But why? What can anyone gain from this? It would be hectic if they just turned off the power," Andrew says as he turns off his flashlight. Taylor keeps hers on and guides you out into the hall. "But that rumble... could they have... No... Why?" The three of you soon reach the others in the Training Room and Taylor turns off her flashlight as well.

    Blake, Collin, Dave:
    Another person or two trickle in from the Dorms, but soon all the trainers are present. All except Mika and Ben. The door to the hallway opens and Joan enters the room, Ben following behind. "Okay," the Gym Leader says. In the white light of the lantern her features look much more pale than normal. "Ben, show them what Collin saw." Everyone watches as the explosion lights the sky like a miniature sun, as the roar of sound engulfs their senses, as the shockwave crumples buildings all around the park. A few shiny tears can be seen and a few sympathetic looks are passed around. A lot of these people grew up here. "That is what happened. I don't know who, and I don't know why. But I can tell you this: Not everyone is going to be okay. Not everyone will think to join up and conserve flashlights, like you have. We are an organized team, a team that can save people." She let this sink in for a moment before looking at Collin, "You saw a group of people heading to the Waterfront. We should all head there too, try to find survivors and help the wounded."

    As the trainers nodded in agreement, her tone changed, "Andrew, collect your gear, there will be wounded. Vanessa, stay behind, you and Martin are to work on restoring power. You have full access to whatever resources we have. Fred and Zach, collect your teams and get ready to go. We'll need to be ready for anything. Cathy and Ben, you're coming as well. Anna... do your thing." With the last order given everyone broke into movement.

    "You three," Joan says. "You'll be coming along too. Maybe your unfamiliarity with the city will pay off. But I suspect you have more diverse pokemon than these trainers, and their abilities may be needed. We leave in 5 minutes."
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-05 at 10:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •