New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Blake pales as he sees the events unfold. "Such devastation..." he whispers. Listening to Joan's speech, he nods along, and as everyone begins moving, he says, "Right... I'll do whatever I can to help." He grabs his medical bag and waits for the group to leave.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-05 at 10:13 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course, ma'am. All of my ground pokemon can burrow underground and sense things for a half-dozen meters or so around them in the dark. I can have Ganga and a few others scout around for what our lights might miss. If there are any other sandiles in the gym, they will be able to do this as well. They're also nearly as smart as we are, and should be easier to coordinate than some 'mons." Collin, since he already is ready to leave, stays ready.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-05 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

w-wow... and I thought I was having a bad day thought Dave to himself he had just been in there earlier today... what if it blew up ear... he couldn't think about that now people are counting on him.

"yes ma'ma I'll get my stuff" Dave rushes back to his dorm and grabs his bag no time to sort it he thinks to himself. and returns to the gym ready to go.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-05 at 10:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Three:
    "Not a bad idea, kid," Joan says, looking honestly impressed. "I'll pass that along to Zach, he's got one."

A few minutes later you're outside with the others. Joan's holding the lantern high and a brawny man named Zack approaches Collin, "Heard it was your idea to use burrowers as radar system. It's a good idea." He releases what appears to be a much taller Sandile that stands on two feet. You're all able to scan it, thankful that your P-Gear still works. When the Krokorok digs into the ground with the rest of Collin's team, they spread out into the agreed upon formation of a pentagram around the group of you.

Joan is in the center carrying the light. Zack and Fred follow her and are each flanked by two others. One girl carries a large sledge hammer as she follows Zack. Cathy and Ben are up with the three of you, at the head of the group. Another woman, Anna apparently, walks beside Joan, her huge Honchkrow a shadow among shadows above your group.

Slowly in the dark, but steadily. You walk west towards the waterfront.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Shadow Squad:
    The thirteen of you continue in a steady, methodical pace. None of the burrowers set up any signal and it's overall a quiet trip. Dave manages to look up in the perfect moment to see someone try to escape the city by flying. As the flyer neared the opening of the volcano it was hit with an electric charge that knocked the bird out. The rider and his mount fell back to the city, too faraway for their screams to be heard.

As per Collin's memory, the vast majority of people you cross are also heading to the docks. Many people, upon seeing your group flocked around Joan's light. The other gym trainers kept them at least at an arm's distance from the Gym Leader and the mob surrounding you grows.

It's slow going and by the time you all reach the market it's packed with thousands of people. Joan sets about wading through the crowd and directing wounded to Andrew and Taylor. Occasionally Blake is tasked with holding someone down while a painful procedure takes place, but for the most part you three aren't tasked to do anything but keep watch. Now that the initial shock has worn off, you all realize your hunger. A glance at a P-gear reveals that it's 7:15 PM.

Joan comes back with her entourage around 7:45 PM with a bag of apples. "Here," she says as she offers the bag to Ben. "Looks like no one really knows what's going on. Hundreds of people have tried to escape using pokemon but it's 3 days by cruiser. They'll never make it to Kanto. All ships have sailed off shortly after the blackout. Looks like we're stuck here for now." Ben passes floating apples to each of you and your hunger is sated.
    Games GMed

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see..." Blake says between bites of apple. "We need more lights... given the situation here, I'm hesitant to suggest using fires for light - we don't want people panicking and burning the place down. Are there any other Pokemon around that can create light, things we might be able to try and find?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave swallows a bite of apple "if we can get the power back on the light problem will solve its self" he then turns to ben "so what did the island use for power before the mall? oh and speaking of power I saw someone get zapped by something while trying to fly out of here is that a common thing?"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Collin declines the apple, instead eating one of his rations.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Shadow Squad:
    Joan considers your comments, but as she's about to answer another blast can be heard echoing throughout the city. Then another, and another, and another. You can tell the blasts are getting steadily closer, almost leading up to- "GET DOWN!" Joan screams loudly. A telekinetic push from the twins levels everyone onto their stomachs just as the crowd of people explodes in a blazing fire. Scores of people flung in every direction, many into the ocean below. The boardwalk begins collapsing, now that its supports have vanished. You all feel a strong, invisible push and the group of you are thrown back into the streets you came.

Everyone feels dazed, deafened ears ringing loudly. As you look up you see Joan calling out to people in a mute panic, urging them to get on the streets. A large enough mob begins crawling, and as you and the other gym trainers help them to their feet, your hearing returns. "Everyone! To the Arena! Carry those too weak to walk! Keep going!" Your leader has taken control of the situation, it seems. She urges you on, along with the mob of nearly three hundred people crawling and limping out of the wreckage. The Survivors of Dusk Island march on wearily.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Collin takes up a position near the front of the crowd, swapping out Sybaris for Ganga and uses her to burrow-scout in front of the ground. "Keep a special lookout for any large metal objects that seem out of place." he says.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

dave helps carry the wounded but he can't help feeling that this isn't a natural disaster.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake thinks for a moment, before making his way close to Joan. Once there, he whispers to her, "What if the arena is rigged to blow as well? I mean, first the Mall, then the docks... what if they're targeting the places where the most people would normally be?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

"There was nothing natural about this. These explosions did not come from the Earth."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

"so you think some one is predicting where we would go and blowing it after we get there?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Joan looks at you gravely, "We'll sweep it first. Think you and your friends can handle it?"
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

"Let us hope so."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-07 at 08:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

"lets hope they want maximise casaulties and won't bother with a small group" calls out nosey "my phanpy can help sniff out bombs she found geodudes back home just fine and those blow up"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-07 at 09:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "Yeah, we should be up to it. Varen can help sweep the place - being able to go through walls will help in that regard. Celeste may be able to sniff the bombs out as well."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Okay, then you three go on ahead to the Arena and send a text if it's clear. If there's danger, get out immediately!" Joan says quietly. She pats Blake on the shoulder as he passes and Fred and Zack nod at you guys with respect. You get the impression that no one expects a happy ending.

You travel. You're getting used to this part. The steady movement over pavement. The glow of Dave's flashlight leading the way. It's not as long of a walk as it was getting to the Boardwalk, being able to walk at your own place. Ganga stays ahead of you, not finding anything too unusual. It's 8:30 PM when you reach the outside of the whole, and undamaged Arena.
    Games GMed

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will recall Ganga and send out Rhea. He figures that she's the most likely of his team to survive a blast if one is set off.

"Stick close, Rhea. We're looking for bombs."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake releases Varen, and attempts to link with the spirit Pokemon - but isn't able to put himself in the right mindframe due to the stress of the situation. Sighing, he says, "Varen, I want you to check around inside the walls ahead of us... see if there's anything unusual there. Pop out when you need to... I know you can't maintain that forever."
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-07 at 09:47 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

"ok nosey just like sniffing out geodudes in moms garden back home... accept in the dark... and with much bigger booms... yeah lets be careful" as they enter devin looks up at the opening in the volcano again and frowns something isn't right

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

"Spirit of Earth, you do know that as much as I wished to be buried in you someday, please, it would be nice if that day weren't today. I feel that we're just now connecting to each other." Collin prays as he takes up a position in the middle of the group.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

"alright here is a plan Collin you make your way to the center of the arena and look for one big bomb, me and Blake will check the supports Blake you should give extra attention to the roof since your sniffer fly's"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-07 at 10:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

"Can do." Collin will take Rhea and head to the center of the arena and search for anything that might be bomb-like.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The three of you enter, plan in mind. But as you enter the Arena proper you see something you were not expecting: two people in the middle of the arena, lit by a similar lantern, having an argument. They look at you as you enter, exchange a nervous look and yell, "Hey, what are you doing here? Lieutenant sent you as back up?"

You're about 20 meters away from them. You can only see the two figures in the light of their lantern. The three of you are still clumped together at the entrance.
    Games GMed

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will let someone less pie-in-the-sky and more diplomatic answer.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-07 at 10:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

dave thinking fast "yeah we were sent to make sure things go smoothly" generic enough to be believable if it was either the cops or those responsible

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Oh, good. Bring that light over, lantern sucks for lighting up this panel," the guy calls back. His accomplice slaps him upside the head and calls out to you, "Don't move! Answer me this: What breaks a Rock?" You can see his silhouette shift as he stares towards you more anxious than his partner.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

"Fighting fists smash rock with a Brick Break." Collin says, after briefly thinking about what the answer could be. For some reason, he suspects "an even harder rock" isn't the answer.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-07 at 10:44 PM.