New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"Someone needs to secure the bomb and bring this to the gym leader while the other two track down that other trainer."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

As Celeste works on getting the escaped trainer's scent, Blake kneels down by the fallen trainer, checking his pulse and his condition.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wis Check: (1d20+3)[10]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    The man is clearly dead. No pulse, no breathing. While you investigate closer you can see a sort of white foam leaking from the mouth.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

"here catch" he tosses the flash light to collin "you'll need it to track him down I'll keep an eye on things here and see if I can salvage enough of that lantern to make some light, so who is telling Joan?" he then by the light of his p-gear screen starts scooping up the pieces of the shattered lantern
    Spoiler
    Show
    if needed [roll]1d20+3[roll]

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling, Blake wipes a bit of the foam from the man's mouth with his finger, looking at it oddly. "Not sure, but I think he might have poisoned himself or something. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Celeste can run this guy down. I can go alone, if I take the light, or Collin can come with me, and you let Joan know after you get the lamp fixed."
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-08 at 09:48 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

while he is working dave adds "oh and somebody loot the body, and find that monkey's ball I don't want it to wake up while I'm working" thinks for a moment "maybe it saw things the psychics can extract"

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "Yeah... I don't necessarily like the idea of taking from the dead, but for these guys I can make an exception." Blake then quickly rummages through the trainer's pockets, looking for anything of note.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check if needed: (1d20+3)[13]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

"I recommend the two of us track that man down. If he has more pokemon, one alone might have trouble." Collin will add.

He'll search the body for any clues about who this man was and who he worked for. While he's added, he will have the man contribute back to the society he tried to destroy by confiscating any useful gear he might have.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake and Collin:
    While rifling through the dead man's pockets, Blake finds a key on a rope, attached to a tiny foot-shaped key chain. Collin find's two Great Balls, one recalls the Monferno, and the other empty. [Gain 1 Great Ball]

Celeste leads you both out the other side of the arena, mentally urging Blake along. The prey flees and you stumble in chase, she teases you as you catch up. You're led out the back of the Arena and south to the road. There's one collapsible bike locked here, a deep red in color. On a hunch, Blake uses the key and finds that it works. [Gain 1 Bike]

It's not so far that you need that, Celeste tells you as she leads you south across the street. You enter a large office building and Celeste leads you up the stairs.

~5 minutes later~

All three of you burst out onto the rooftop of the building, after nothing but stair way for so long. As you reach the top you see the trainer from before, strapped to a two-person hand glider, staring at you in shock. "What the hell?! Where's Gor- Oh, Muk! You bastards!" Before anyone can move, he leaps over the side of the building, once again disappearing into the night.

From up here you can see dozens of other buildings, with campfires lit on their rooftops. Movement indicates that there are some survivors still out there.

It's 8:45 PM.

Dave:
    You tinker with the lantern for a bit, eventually getting it to emit a faint glow. It's enough to work by, and soon you have it back up to full brightness. An indicator informs you however, that it's battery capacity can only hold up to half. You collect the Lantern up and realize you have a choice to make: Stay and wait for Joan, or go and seek her out?

It's 8:40 PM.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Sighing, Blake says, "Well, so much for that. Let's head back to the arena and grab Dave, then track down Joan and the others." To Celeste, he thinks, Stay alert... let me know if you sense anything out there.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, but we've confirmed one thing. This wasn't just the act of well-organized extremists. They have exit strategies in place to let themselves survive this. They have a larger agenda of some sort. I fear we have only seen the beginning." Collin says as they head back down.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

with the lantern working Dave sends a text to Joan

-this is dave please be aware of the following
    1. bomb and 2 men found in arena
    2. the bomb is now neutralized one man is dead(suicide) and blake and collin are chasing down the other
    3. arena is perceived to be safe but I am still sweeping the building for secondary explosives just in case
    how would you like to proceed? if you come send a text and send a familiar face from the gym in first so i know its you guys-

he then turns to nosey "well girl lets get back to work" he then calls out slasher "alright your used to working in the dark so I need you to hide some where and keep an eye on this box, holler if any one comes, and then come find me" slasher nods and then scurries off to hide in the bleachers. dave and nosey then proceed to check the rest of the arena for explosives
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-09 at 02:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Sarah replies, reminding you that you don't have Joan's number, you have Sarah's. -Joan says to hold down the fort. We're half an hour out. Ben and Cathy are on their way- It's not long after that when Blake and Collin come back, empty-handed.

All three:
    Dave informs you of the situation and instead of burning out the Lantern, you three use the rechargeable flashlight to continue searching. It's not too much longer when a presence touches your thoughts, Hey, Ben and I coming in. Don't shoot, don't attack. Cathy and Ben enter through the main entrance that you guys came from and you all gather around the bomb. Looking at the body, though, both of the psychics feel a little sick. "We've got a lot of people coming in, we gotta move him. And the Bomb too."
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless there is an objection, I think my pokemon and I will bury the body in the ground outside. He may have been an evil man in life, but we are all children of Earth in death."

Assuming that no one objects, Collin will head out and have Sybaris lead Ganga, Rhea, and Maia in digging the man a grave. Isonade will flop around nearby and try to help as well.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, and says, "Dave and I can take the bomb out of here... any ideas what we should do with it?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Right before he leaves, Collin suggests, "Bury it?"

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Cathy and Ben seem to have a mental conversation in the space of a few seconds, which culminates in Ben saying, "Fine, we'll do it your way!" The bomb begins to levitate, just off the ground, and there's a distinct strain on both of the psychic twins as it does so. They carry it, mentally, back into the lobby and into an empty office. Blake and Dave stuck close to them, in case more bombers showed up. Collin and his team of pokemon brought the dead man outside of the Arena and buried him as quickly as they could.

By the time everyone was done, Joan's mob of survivors could be seen approaching the Arena. The next twenty minutes was a confusing mass of people filing into the Arena, and taking seats. There were plenty of open spots, but everyone was crowded around the very few lights. It's at this point when more of the Gym Trainers arrive, carrying sleds and trolleys of food, frozen and otherwise. They begin setting up a makeshift kitchen, a team of Houndours roasting frozen foods and a single Pawniard chopping everything into smaller portions. Slowly, section by section, people were asked to come down and receive their ration.

"This can't last. We've had to raid most of the stalls still standing from the Boardwalk Market and a restaurant's freezer. It's not enough to feed everyone," Joan says as she approaches the three of you. Ben and Cathy were involved with helping hand out food. "I've heard from Vanessa and Martin, they were able to rig a generator together but they say it won't stay powered for long. I've got Zack and his two proteges bringing it over, but we don't have power." She stops as she considers the three of you. "I need you three to go to the Trainer School, on the other side of the gym, and try to find any electric typed, or zapper pokemon. We'll need a veritable kennel of them. Five at the minimum. Or maybe a couple big ones." She stops again and opens a bag hanging on her hip. She pulls out nine Basic Balls, one Great Ball, and a Thunderstone. "This is all I can offer to help, it was donated by some of the survivors on the way over. Any questions?"
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

"None here..." Blake says, before turning to the others. "So who needs what? I can use a couple of the balls, myself... don't really have a need for the Thunderstone, however."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

"I suspect all three of us need more balls. Since I took the great ball off the attacker, I don't object to you taking the other. Nine basic balls and three of us divides evenly into three sets of three. As for the thunderstone, I don't think I'll need it. Though perhaps we'll run into a 'mon that it will be useful for."

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think she meant that the thunder stone is for what we catch guys. as for divvying up the pokeballs it would be hard for me to not catch anything with a great ball I have a decent throwing arm its how I caught slasher after all. speaking of which" brings over a sneasel "I don't think you guys have been properly introduced this is slasher I only caught him like what 5-6 hours ago? time sure does fly when the world comes crashing down around you doesn't it"

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed." Collin scans the sneasel. "By the way, what are we going to do with the martial artist's monferno?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-09 at 07:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Scanning the Sneasel as well, Blake nods, and says, "That works. I'll hold on to the Thunderstone... if we find something that can benefit from it, we can use it, if not it might come in handy in the future. Also, we should keep our eyes out for any Pokemon that can make light themselves - it would help us out, since we wouldn't be reliant solely on the flashlight."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

dave quickly says "SHHH! be careful with what you say the last thing we need is folk lynching trainers with fighting types"

slasher poses and shows off its feathers as it is scanned dave isn't sure if its to show off to the trainers or blakes Umbreon
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-09 at 08:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

"That's absurd. Do they also lynch bug owners? What about bug/dark or fighting/dark 'mons? Do they let you join the gym before they lynch you? It's just a 'mon. A mon whose trainer just killed himself."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

"seriously zip it these people are hurt and scared if word gets out that the people responsible may have an affinity for fighting types it will spark a witch hunt"

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

"You are paranoid."

With that, Colllin will go up to the psychic twins and tell them, "One of the two responsible got away, the other killed himself. However, we managed to confiscate one of his pokemon, a monferno. What should we do with it?"

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave puts his head in his hands and thinks for the love of mew don't let ben read collins mind

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake watches as Celeste looks at the Sneasel appraisingly, before approaching it slowly and intently. Smiling slightly at the feelings he is picking up from the mental link, Blake thinks to Celeste with an amused timbre in his mental voice, Should I be arranging for you and Slasher to have some time alone later? Celeste suddenly stops, and Blake has to hold himself back from laughing at the sputtering of the Umbreon's mental retort before she settles on just a glare at her trainer.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin walks over too the psychic twins and asks his question. Ben looks at him and Collin can feel a quick, but polite intrusion into his mind, Oh... oh damn. Okay. Was it conscious when it was... no, I can see that. Okay. Hand it over to Andrew and WHISPER what you told me. I'll let Joan know.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Collin complies. "Hey, Andrew, the two people who tried to plant that bomb, one escaped and the other killed itself. However, we managed to get the monferno the suicidal one used. Ben said to give it to you." he whispers.