New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"And again, it all hinges on getting electric 'mon..."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave gets the suspicion that the wires to the PCs wouldn't run through the walls in fear that a rough battle would harm them. With that idea in mind, he surmises that the wires must run straight up and down and connect to a central hub elsewhere. He's feeling pretty proud of himself, but he has to hurry to catch up with the others on the stairs. When you all reach the entrance way Dave steals a couple notebooks, looking for passwords. It's then that Blake notices that most of the tables and chairs have scratch marks on them. A glint down the hall reflects some of your light and you become aware of a pair of staring eyes. And then another pair. And another. They are just out of range of your light sources, and a steady rumbling hum can be heard echoing the halls.

There are three mystery pokemon at the end of the hall. It's about 20m long and 6m across. They're around the 20m mark, and you think there's three of them.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mika heads east or at least she hopes that's the direction she's headed, she decides to let out her Cyndaquil and says "Keahi stay close." hoping his fire will let off at least a little light. It takes her about an hour to find a building that she hopes to hell is the Gym. Taking a deep she walks in.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

hands collin his sling shot "when one gets close enough pop him and then ill throw a ball with my luck it will go down like slasher earlier"

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will walk forward with Ganga at his side. "We'll draw their attention."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake says, "Let's see what they are before we try catching them. We should get a bit closer, though..." Matching actions to words, he heads a short distance down the hall, Celeste in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake is moving 5M down the hall. Celeste is 2M in front of him.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    It's about 6:30 PM when you open the door, and find yourself in a large room with several people in lab coats milling around a large machine, all lit by well mirrored flashlights. "Can I help you? We're in the middle of something and, as you can see, we're busy." A short man says to you as he steps closer. He has a completely bald head, but his eyebrows are a dark grey. He wears an unstained lab coat over an orange shirt and black pants. "Gerald, don't be an ass, she can probably help us. Hey, kid, are we the only ones to lose power or did it get a couple blocks? I think some idiot used Earthquake too many times or something." This scientist is much younger and still has a full head of hair. He's also taller than the other man, and his lab coat is over a light blue shirt and black pants. It seems that no one in here really knows what's going on out there.

Schoolhouse Rumble:
    Collin and Blake step forward, bringing the light with them. It washes over what looks like three white cats, each with pointed fangs and a large amulet on it's forehead. They each approach, slowly, backs arched. Two go along different walls and the middle one stays between them.
    Games GMed

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Collin begins to scan the meowth totally unknown pokemon.

"Well, I don't see any crackling electricity... doubt they'll help up."

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "Under other circumstances, I'd be interested in capturing one... for now, I think the best option is just to take them down, though."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

dave scans the pokemon "sorry girl not what we are looking for since I'm going to need you fresh I'm going to swap out for biter for this one"dave recalls nosey and sends out biter "saddle up biter its cat herding time" he then comments to blake "actually if those are what I think they are then one of them maybe good at finding valuables like nosey. given the circumstances that might be worth a pokeball"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-10 at 11:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

No surprise round here, you can tell they're about to attack you. Go for it.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06
    A||||||
    B||||||
    C|Me|||||Me
    D|||Me|||
    E||||||
    F||||||
    G||||||
    H||||||
    I||||||
    J||||||
    K||||||
    L||Ce||Ga||
    M||||||
    N||Bl||Co||
    O||||||
    P||||||
    Q||||||
    R|||Bi|||
    S||||||
    T|||Da|||
    U||||||[/table]

Initiative:
    Dave
    Collin
    Blake

Me = Opponents

Ganga
    Biter
    Celeste
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

If Gana is within 6 meters of one of them when her turn comes, she will rush one and slap it with her tail in rage.

Spoiler
    Show
    rage, ac 2 - (d20)[8]
    normal physical, atk stage buffs if hit and/or repeated - (d6+16)[22]

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake quickly taps his P-Gear to scan one of the white felines, watching intently.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave apparently holds on to his sling shot after all, and he readies an action to plink one of the cat when they get close enough. Biter and Dave then move up to catch up with the others (L and N03 respectively?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    arms attack, long range
    hit: (1d20)[16]
    damage: (1d10+6)[7]

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave catches up to Blake and Collin, just before the middle cat charges the group of you. Before it stops, Dave's able to get a quick shot off with his slingshot, hurting it a bit. It stops and lets out a terrible screeching sound. Celeste and Ganga look a little shaken up, but Biter was out of the way. The other two cats creep closer. Ganga shakes away her nerves and charges at the central cat, hitting it hard.

A||||||
    B||||||
    C||||||
    D||||||
    E||||||
    F||||||
    G||||||
    H|Me|||||Me
    I|||Me|||
    J||||||
    K||||||
    L||Ce||Ga||
    M||||||
    N||Bl|Da|Co||
    O||||||
    P||||||
    Q||||||
    R|||Bi|||
    S||||||
    T||||||
    U||||||[/table]

Initiative:
    Dave
    Collin
    Blake

Me = Opponents

Ganga -2 Def CS
    Biter
    Celeste -2 Def CS

Summary: Only Celeste and Ganga got hit with Screech. Biter hasn't moved yet because Lurker may want to do something different.
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave chucks a ball at the center one and then calls to Biter "come biter your missing all the action" biter then quickly orients itself and scurries in front of dave(shift to L3) before firing a poison barb at the cat on the left
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dave throws a pokeball at center Me, biter moves to L3 and uses poison sting on left Me
    capture: (1d100+4)[28]

poison sting
    hit: (1d20)[4]
    damage: (1d6+11)[12]

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake scowls, thinking, Don't hold back, Celeste... Trace and tackle the one on the left. The Umbreon nods, rushing at the designated target, eyes glowing faintly as it draws upon its opponent's power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste moves to I1, uses Trace on the one on the left, and hits the one on the left with Tackle(you may want to number them, btw).
    Celeste: Trace - Gains the left-most Meowth's ability.
    Celeste: Tackle - AC: (1d20)[19] v 3 + Phys Evasion, (2d8+14)[26] Normal Damage plus (2d8+6)[22] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw a basic ball at the meowth that was traced.

(d%+5)[36]

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground

As Celeste strikes at the feline Pokemon, Blake hears her voice in his mind. Hmm... there are things here that could be quite valuable... it's simply a matter of looking for them. Once we're done, should I see what we can find? Blake blinks and, remembering Dave's words, pulls a Pokeball out, replying, Perhaps... we'll see. He flings the ball at the Pokemon, hoping to capture it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake attempts to capture the left-hand Meowth with a Basic Ball.
    Basic Ball - Capture Attempt: (1d100+5)[8]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Biter catches up to the others and fires off a mild poison sting that irritated the cat on the left. Celeste mentally traces over that same cat before slamming into it with a ferocity. Dave tosses a ball at the center cat, absorbing it. It fights for a few seconds but soon gives in. The left cat is nearly knocked out when Collin throws one of the pokeballs at it, catching it instantly. Dave also throws a ball, reacting just a second too slow, but it hits nothing and manages to not break on the floor. Seeing it's allies captured, the third cat bolts back down the hallway, coming up next to a large, white predatory feline.

A||||Pe||
    B|||||Me|
    C||||||
    D||||||
    E||||||
    F||||||
    G||||||
    H|Pb2|||||
    I|||Pb1|||
    J||||||
    K||||||
    L||Ce|Bi|Ga||
    M||||||
    N||Bl|Da|Co||
    O||||||
    P||||||
    Q||||||
    R||||||
    S||||||
    T||||||
    U||||||[/table]

Initiative:
    Dave
    Collin
    Blake

Pe = Big cat
    Me = Opponents

Ganga -2 Def CS
    Biter
    Celeste -2 Def CS

Summary: Two out of three enemy cats captured. Big cat comes into play. It waits for you at the end of the hall. Ganga's turn.
    Games GMed

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Ganga will move 6m forward and leer at the big cat. ac 2 - (d20)[12] - lowers def 1 combat stage.

"Careful, girl. That cat looks predatory." Collin says as he scans the new cat.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake frowns slightly as Collin's Pokeball snares the cat before his connects, but shrugs, and thinks, Hmm. Looks like the mother came in... Indeed... prey worthy of a hunter such as myself, Celeste's mental voice replies. Right... get in close and Tail Whip it, if you would. The Umbreon doesn't offer a verbal reply, instead matching actions to her friend's words and stalking towards the large cat, tail whipping through the air distractingly, while Blake points his P-Gear at the larger feline.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste will move to D2 and use Tail Whip on Pe.
    Celeste: Tail Whip - AC: (1d20)[15] v 2 plus Speed Evasion, -1 Defense CS on success.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-12 at 01:06 AM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Biter will move in range to G05 and poison sting the meowth, trying to thin the herd. ac 2, poison on 17-20 - (d20)[10] physical poison - (d6+11)[16]

Dave will take a potshot at it as well, if it's still standing. [roll=ac 6] (d10+7)[10]. If it's not he'll take it at the big cat. He also scans the big cat.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ganga speeds forward and shoots the big cat a dangerous look, lowering it's defenses. Biter also barrels forward and fires off another poisonous sting at the smaller cat. Celeste pulls up farther than her compatriots and in a swift, swirling motion she whips her tail in the big cat's direction. Dave fires another slingshot round at the large cat, but this one flies wildly to the side. The large cat looks at the dark pokemon that was closest and with an astonishing fury swiped at Celeste five times in rapid succession. Seeing the shining example of it's parent, the smaller cat runs up and bites Celeste, but the attack didn't seem to infer the same damage as it would another.

Spoiler
    Show
    A||||||
    B||||||
    C||Pe|Me|||
    D||Ce||||
    E||||||
    F||||Ga||
    G|||||Bi|
    H|Pb2|||||
    I|||Pb1|||
    J||||||
    K||||||
    L||||||
    M||||||
    N||Bl|Da|Co||
    O||||||
    P||||||
    Q||||||
    R||||||
    S||||||
    T||||||
    U||||||[/table]

Initiative:
    Dave
    Collin
    Blake

Pe = Big cat -2 Def CS
    Me = Opponent

Ganga -2 Def CS
    Biter
    Celeste -2 Def CS

Summary: Ganga used Leer, effectively. Biter used Poison Sting, hitting his target. Celeste used Tail Whip, lowering the Big Cat's Def by 2 CS. Dave's slingshot missed, wildly. The big cat took a swipe or five out of Celeste, dealing 35 Damage after defenses. The other cat charged in for a Bite as well, dealing 6 Damage after defenses and resistances.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-12 at 01:35 AM.
    Games GMed

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Ganga will move in and strike the meowth in rage with her tail. ac roll 19 ac 2, atk cs increased if used next turn or hit in the mean time - (d6+16)[19]

Biter will poison sting the big cat ac 2, poison on 17-20 - (d20)[20] (d6+11)[15] +9 crit damage

Dave will fire at the big cat as well ac 6 - (d20)[14] (d10+7)[17]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-12 at 01:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Wincing as Celeste takes the blow, Blake thinks, Come on, Celeste, take it down with Pursuit! If it doesn't do the job, pull back! The Umbreon lashes out with a fierce attack at the larger cat, before running back away from the two feline Pokemon. Blake pulls out another Pokeball, stepping forward before flinging it at the large cat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste will use Pursuit on the Persian, then move back to L2.
    Celeste: Pursuit - AC: (1d20)[20] v 2 plus Phys Evasion, (1d12+15)[27] Dark Damage plus (1d12+6)[10] on Crit.

Blake will move to M2 and attempt to catch the Persian with a Basic Ball.
    Blake: Basic Ball - Capture Attempt: (1d100+5)[33]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ganga strikes first, hitting the smaller cat angrily with a lot of force. It's still standing, but barely. Biter fires another poison sting, this time catching that large cat in the face, dealing a lot of extra damage and actually poisoning the target. Celeste adds to this with an astounding attack, bringing the big cat to the ground. Before it can rise, the poison makes it cough up a black blood substance, and it faints. Dave changes targets and shoots at the smaller cat, knocking it out as well.

Celeste, Ganga, and Biter each gain 1515 XP.

Pb1 = Meowth, Lv 17, Male, Technician, Bold (+Def, -Atk) 11 HP remaining.
    Pb2 = Meowth, Lv 17, Female, Pick up, Bashful (+SpAtk, -HP) 2 HP remaining.
    Games GMed

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

As the battle ends, Celeste begins sniffing around the area, her borrowed sensitivity to shiny objects guiding her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pickup roll: (1d20)[2]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will pick up Bastet's ball, release her, and see what she's holding in her paws (d20)[2]

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

"ok nice warmup but we can't just go bumbling around and hope that we find an electric type we need to think" and Dave does just that then he gets an idea "I got it if I'm right all those PC's down there hook up to a central hub likely where this building hooks up to the mains and if there is a central hub there is likely an uninterruptible power supply to give the PC's just enough power to shut down safely and if there is a UPS then we might find an electric type attracted to one of the few scraps of power in the city which we can then use to power and empty out the PC's. so the question is where does this building hook up to the grid?"