New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"OR... you know... we could take the native's word for it when she says that they're in this school and continue searching? We've barely begun to look here."

Spoiler
    Show
    we've searched the basement and the lobby, haven't even touched the first floor proper, and you want to go haring off after some ups you don't have any clue where is?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

"she could have ment in the PC's but yeah the hub would be some where in this building so I guess we should just check the rest of it any way maybe we will find a classes pet pichu or something which sounds a bit more likely then what I was thinking"

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah. We've cleared the main hall now. It's time to go see what all is in these side-rooms."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

"We'll see what we find," Aidan says, collecting his thrown Pokeballs - along with a berry that Celeste found - before continuing down the hall with the others, looking into any doors the group comes across.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave enters the first unchecked class room and looks around

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The three of you recollect your loot and assess damages. When Collin lets out his new Meowth, he's very careful that it doesn't see the two motionless bodies down the hall. You each start checking classrooms, splitting up momentarily. In each room there are half eaten remains of fish and bird pokemon, each to far eaten to be identified. Blake notices with careful examination that each dead pokemon has electrical burns, which likely killed them. The cats must have come by afterward to reap the buffet. It takes you a while, but soon the group of you converge on the room the Meowths came out of. It has the smell and look of a den: overturned desks and tables forming a small cave, filled with bones. The teacher's desk remains untouched against a wall. While all the walls show some scratching damage, one corner in particular shows heavy damage. The wood paneling almost torn free completely.

It's 10:30 PM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks around the room cautiously, thinking, Can you tell if anything is here, Celeste? The Umbreon sniffs the air experimentally, trying to see if she can distinguish any scents other than those of her companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake's Perception: (1d20+3)[11]
    Celeste's Tracker(attempting to pick up a random scent present): (1d20)[1]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave cautiously approaches the desk and checks under it if nothing is there then he checks the drawers

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will bring out Rhea and go investigate the damaged corner. What could they have been trying to get to? Or maybe away from?

perception - (d20-2)[13]

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave's thorough search of the teacher's desk reveals something altogether unexpected. In the largest drawer, next to a bottle of water, is a pale yellow ball, the size of a dodgeball. As he lifts it, he can instinctively tell it's a pokemon egg, but not what kind.

While Blake searches the room, he notices a glint of yellow through the ravaged wall, for only a split second. There's a scurrying sound above you and you realize that whatever shocked those pets must be loose in the walls of the school!
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's let Rhea handle this one. She should be safe from the elctricity, and she can handle herself in a fight just fine."

If his allies agree, Collin will have Rhea use rollout to make a Rhea-sized hole in the wall.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

"found an egg yellow means electric right?" shows blake the egg and pockets the water (might need it if fresh water gets tight) "though I have the feeling that most breeders don't keep their eggs in desks, which means this maybe somethings nest"

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods at Dave, saying, "And whatever it is, they're in the walls... still, should be what we're looking for." Turning to Collin, he says, "Try and flush them out, but remember, we need to capture them."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave swaps out biter for nosey "ok nosey I think we found what we are looking for get ready" nosey uses defense curl in preparation for combat Dave stows the egg safely in his bag using clothes and condiment pouches as cushioning

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, here goes: Rhea, smash a hole in the wall near where it's damaged. Try to find any 'mons in the wall and get their attention. Draw it back out here where we can get to it."

Rhea obediently curls up and begins rolling out at the wall to make a hole and then climbs up in there.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Rhea obeys the command and easily bashes through the weakened wall. During this, Biter and Nosey switch out and Dave stores the egg safely in his bag. It takes a few minutes, but soon the rustling grows a bit louder and a small yellow spider crawls through the hole, only stopping short as it notices the three of you.

Rhea still hasn't returned. There is further rustling within the walls.
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks at the small yellow bug there for a moment, listening to the rustling in the walls before thinking, I'm going to try and speak with it... stay close, alright? At Celeste's mental nod, Blake releases the connection with his companion before reaching out to the spider Pokemon, even as he says, "Give me a moment, guys... I may be able to make this easier on us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake will release his channeling of Celeste and attempt to Channel the new mon. Channel attempt: (1d100-16)[45]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will send out Maia and scan the yellow spider.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake finds a connection with the terrified spider, learning much about him. Being chased! Help! Don't wanna be food!
    Games GMed

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake smiles, and sends a mental reply, I'll help... come climb on my arm. He kneels down, quickkly scanning the creature before offering his arm as a refuge for the terrified spider. What's chasing you?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The terrified Joltik scurries up your arm and perches on your shoulder, The yellow thing with claws. It chases us back here. Please help! Just as the thought finishes two more Joltiks scurry into the room and you can feel a joy erupt from the little one on your shoulder. They live! We're not food. They're coming up here, too. Before you can even agree, the other two bolt up your legs and latch onto your back. You can hear and feel a gentle humming coming from the spiders as they cling to you. They seem thankful for your protection.
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake chuckles a bit at the tickling sensation of the insect Pokemon crawling on him. Don't worry... I'll keep you safe. My friends and I can keep it from trying to eat you. Was it just you three there? And were you living in this room?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake looks through the Joltik's memories of the last hour quickly and can see several interesting images. The first is of two small, yellow creatures with black tipped ears zapping bird and fish pokemon to death. He then sees each of those yellow creatures grow, quickly, almost painfully, into larger versions with strangely angled tails. He watches from a hole in the wall of how the Meowth scratch at their corner and the Persian sits among the bones, gnawing out of boredom. Another memory is of a loud crash, as several humans burst through the door. You recognize yourself and your friends from the upside down angle. An image of an enormous yellow spider sleeping in the attic. A sense of fondness and familiarity is accompanied with this image. A final image of Rhea charging through the wall and chasing the spiders back out. There's a strong sense of terror here.

Please, let us stay up here. It's safe from the eaters!
    Games GMed

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, I can do that... my friends and I have already defeated the great cats that lived in this room, and I believe that we can defeat and even tame the others if you like - those mouse-like Pokemon that killed so many of the others here, and the yellow one that chased you. However, we do need help ourselves... would you be willing to speak with your parent for us, to try and convince him to help us if we aid you here?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Joltik takes it's time to try and think the situation through, listing off a few reasons here and there but before it comes to a conclusion, the yellow creature from the memory returns. It bursts through the hole in the wall and is chased by Rhea. It's surprised to see the group of you there and before anyone else can attack or react, the Joltik on Blake's shoulder hits it with a mass of webbing that traps it to the ground.

It's trapped, it can't reach anyone with melee attacks. You don't need a map yet, a good roll will make it useless.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-13 at 08:53 PM.
    Games GMed

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will try to catch it right after scanning it. (d%+5)[59]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-13 at 07:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake blinks, and thinks, Thanks! before flinging a ball at the trapped creature.

Blake will attempt a capture. Basic Ball: (1d100+5)[11]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

dave scans every thing

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Pikachu is absorbed into the second pokeball without issue. Collin's ball, however, breaks on contact with the floor. The Joltik on Blake's shoulder is mentally screaming, Yellow Scary! Yellow Scary! Save us from the eater! They don't seem to be referring to the now captured pikachu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pikachu, Level 10, Male, Static, Hasty. Full health.

You have 4/5 Zappers. At least one more is needed to restore minimum power to the Arena.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry, I'll protect them from the "eater"." Collin says as he throws Rhea's pokeball to her to recall her.