New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"Thats fine we have enough balls to tide us over till then I just figured I should get them to you as soon as I could"says Dave to Vanessa

Dave then runs into Collin "sure thing my noggin could use the work out." he takes the ball and turns to find a place to work on it when he remembers something "Oh before I forget I was wondering if I could arrange some private time between Growler and Bastet I found him sleeping out side your door this morning so think it might be healthy for him if he spends some time with a familiar face"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-17 at 10:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds good. Bastet was lonely last night as well. In fact, I'm a little worried that I may not be the right trainer for her. There's this... connection I have with my other 'mons, even my new Coatlicue. Bastet and I... just aren't getting along. Do you think Blake might be a better match?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave finds a nearby spot of clear floor and works on the ball as he tries to answer Collins question about trading Bastet "As my mom would say 'all life is made from the same dirt', but she mostly said that to try and get me to eat her herb patties over real burgers. something about its not what its made of but what you make of it? I'm not so good at this deep philosophical stuff, but I guess what I'm saying in a round about way is it doesn't matter so much the trainer as the effort that goes into getting along with Bastet. So the real question is if your not willing to put forth that effort then who is for Bastet's sake."
    Spoiler
    Show
    rrreeeeppppaaaaaiiiiirrrrrr!(1d20+6)[19]

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

"Um... thanks for repairing my ball." Collin says, not exactly sure what to make of the nonsense Dave was spouting. Also, there was something... off with his relationship with Bastet. Not anything he could name, just a sense that, while they could become loyal friends, they'd never truly become the companions his other pokemon were.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave heads off to meet blake

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Collin follows, bringing out Coatlicue and using one of the borrowed potions on it.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

When the three of them are back together, Collin will consult his map and say, "You know, there's a greenhouse zone just east of here. Let's start looking near us rather than haul ourselves halfway across the city for things we can likely find right here."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, saying, "Good idea... let's go, then."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll be using peach mostly. she can heal herself but I might need some support shes still pretty low level." notices he doesn't have a bike "I don't suppose we can add a bike or maybe a set of pegs I can stand on to the shopping list while we are out" he says embarrassed
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-17 at 11:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

"First functional pokemart we come to, I'll buy you a bike." Collin promises jokingly as they head out.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Once all three of you decide on where to go first, the rest of the trip is easy. It's a quiet walk and instead of wasting the flashlight you're engulfed in Lux's Glow. It's about 15 minutes later when you come to the edge of the Greenhouse Zone. There's a high wall, nearly twenty feet high with no foot or hand holds. At the top of the wall you see a shape dive down over the other side. It moved too quick for anyone to get a scan. After a few more minutes you come to a large, iron gate. This is apparently one of the entrances to the Greenhouse Zone. And as luck would have it, it's locked.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will thoroughly test the gate, just to make sure the power outage hasn't compromised security here.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The gate wiggles a little bit on it's hinges, but alas, Collin cannot open it.
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake watches as Collin examines the gate, taking a moment to link with the mind of his newest companion. Lux, you mind flying up and taking a look inside from the roof for us? Just make sure not to be seen. The Litwick replies by rising up, the glow fading as the Pokemon vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't see through it's eyes, so I'll have to have it relay what it sees to me.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The small Litwick floats steadily up and away from you, eventually coming to rest on the top of the wall. Blake feels the words come through the mental connection, unsure at first, Movement. Lots and lots of movement. Fire too. Everything is lit with fire. Nothing coming here, everything fights for food. Feathers everywhere.
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking a moment to process the words, Blake mentally thanks Lux before saying, "From what Lux says, there's movement in there... and fire. I don't see any smoke there, though..." Thinking for a moment, he asks Lux, Was it a small fire or a big fire?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

"Fire in a greenhouse is a bad sign..."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Moving fires. Small fires and streams of fires. It scares the birds away from the plants. It spreads quickly.
    Games GMed

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling, Blake says, "It's spreading in there... and from the sound of it, there's fire-types inside, along with flying-types. We should look elsewhere... by the time we get into this one, it'll probably be an inferno."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Collin's curiosity has been piqued, but he sees the wisdom in that. "Well, the next greenhouse is south of here on the other side of the river."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake thinks for a moment, before sending a message back to Joan with his P-Gear. -Fire in greenhouse area... should we try salvaging stuff, or cross the river to the other greenhouses?-
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It's 10:00 AM when Joan gets back to your message -No one's come back from the other side yet. A little fire keeping Dirt Boy out? I don't believe you.- By this time Lux had come back down to hover over the group of you.
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly struck by inspiration, Collin calls out Sybaris and has her dig under the gate to the other side and back. Assuming that goes successfully, he has her widen her hole large enough that the three humans can fit through.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

dave seeing what collin is up to comments "that's a good idea a bit less property damage this way"

when the hole is big enough Dave will voluneer to wiggle under first on the grounds that he's the most capable of getting out quick if there is trouble(high dex ftw!)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake mentally sends Lux through the gate to the other side, to watch for Dave's emergence. Once Lux responds, he crawls in himself.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave crawls through first and meets no resistance. Seeing this, Lux encourages Blake to do the same and he does so. Collin follows soon after. The three of you can't actually see that far ahead, but you can make out far distant flames. This must be what Lux was talking about, only it's so far that you can't see how it'd really effect your mission. The first actual greenhouse you come to has a slight surprise, it's barren. As is the next one. And the next. House by house, all the plants inside have been picked clean of edible parts. It's not long when you find yourselves about halfway between your tunnel and the flames. There are multiple shapes flying just overhead, most likely seeking a meal as well.
    Games GMed

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks up at the birds, scowling before remembering Lux's earlier words. "I get the feeling that if we're to find anything, it'll likely be near the flames. The flyers have picked everything else around here clean." To Lux, he thinks, Keep an eye on the birds, and let me know if any of them come down, alright?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Collin agrees with this general line of thinking and looks at the birds with annoyance. If only Maia was a little stronger, she'd teach those birds...

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave zips up Peach inside his vest to help protect her from the birds he could just return her but she really needs the experience if there is a way for her to help. He keeps one hand on his pokeball belt just in case and an eye out for that heat lamp they were supposed to find.

"out of the frying pan and into the fire" says Dave as he follows the others to the source of light.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-19 at 05:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The shapes high above continue to circle and dive. A glint of firelight reveals grey plumage but it's soon lost in the darkness once again. No one notices anything suspicious until four shapes come speeding up from behind, a high shriek tearing the air. They're speeding directly for you and it's only when they're a few meters away do you have time to react.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11
    A|||||||||||
    B|||||||||||
    C|||||||||||
    D||||Co|||||||
    E|||||CB||||||
    F||||||Lu|||||
    G||||DS(Pe)|||BD||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|||||||||||
    J|||St2|St3|||||||
    K||St1|||St4||||||[/table]

Initiative:
    DS - Dave
    CB - Collin
    BD - Blake

St1 - Angry Bird (2m off ground)
    St2 - Angry Bird (2m off ground)
    St3 - Angry Bird (2m off ground)
    St4 - Angry Bird (2m off ground)

Co - Coatlicue
    Pe - Peach
    Lu - Lux
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-19 at 10:40 PM.
    Games GMed