New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"I'll live, but I'll never be more grateful to sleep tonight. I'm going to be feeling those bruises for days." He says, accepting the swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

After watching his new 'mon get safely teleported to the box, Collin will search to see if there's anything nearby which could be useful. Also, a flashlight. (d20-2)[1]
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding as he finishes tending to Lux, Blake says, "Let me know if it gets too bad. I can at least patch you up a bit. Anyway... let's check some of these emptied greenhouses, see if we can at least find a functional heat lamp or something." As he speaks, he looks around to see if he can get into a nearby greenhouse to try and find anything of use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+3)[22]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

"good job slasher! you deserve a meal so split the fallen one with Coatlicue but let her suck out the poison first" slasher picks up the bird and snaps the neck so it doesn't wake up before walking over to the Ekans to share the meal "maybe one of these birds was carrying a berry that was scavenged earlier" he calls out Nosey "all right girl do your thing find some thing shiny" Nosey toots excitedly and starts poking around. while Nosey sniffs about Dave helps Blake look for a heat lamp or gear (fingers crossed for at least some tape)
    Spoiler
    Show
    pickup:(1d20)[8]
    Wis:(1d20)[10]

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Nosey comes out of her ball and sniffs around the fallen corpse. Slasher and Coatlicue do their best to ignore her while they eat, and soon she returns to Dave with an X Defend. Blake, being the most astute of observers, notices a small, white bunker off to the side. The three of you hurry inside and find a welcome sight: Tomatoes, growing via a Heat lamp! A bit more cursory of a search reveals several seed packets for Tomatoes, Potatoes, Carrots, Persim berries, and Oran Berries. This is basically exactly what Joan asked you to look for.

Int check to dismantle the Heat Lamp. Only food in here is tomatoes, everything else is seeds. It's currently 10:45 AM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake grabs a couple of tomatoes, munching on them while he examines the heat lamp to try and figure out how to take it down and transport it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Int Check: (1d20+1)[20]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave helps to dismantle the heatlamp for travel. after words he spends some time staring at the fire in the distance and thinks is this place really on fire? if so is it deliberate? and if its deliberate could there be clues to who's responceble for the blast over there? he wants to get a closer look but some one has to take the seeds back to Joan "hey do you guys think you can get the stuff back with out me? " he asks "you'd probably get back faster on your bikes not waiting up for me"
    Spoiler
    Show
    dismantle! INT(1d20+3)[16]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-22 at 06:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you sure it's the smart plan to have one of us go on forward in the place where all three of us found it dangerous and two to go back? It only takes one to deliver a package, and I do not like the idea of any of us getting caught alone if more birds show up. Besides, I'm curious too. Let's all go see what it is together."

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave smiles "I'm that easy to read huh? so shall we try to sneak up, tunnel below or just break and run for it"

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

While the three of you discuss the plan from here, Blake and Dave are able to successfully disconnect and dismantle a working Heat Lamp. Along with the 5 different kinds of seeds, you have everything that you were asked to retrieve.
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

"We should at least try not to be noticed. If it's unfriendly, it's best if we're able to get away without being noticed." Blake says, as he stows the dismantled heat lamp and the seeds in his pack.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

"Tunneling will be rather noisy and slow. They'd definitely hear us coming. I say we do our best to sneak up on them."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

"ok then we kill the lights, stick to the shadows, and if you have a stealth mon follow his lead"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-22 at 07:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Collin agrees to this plan and lets Coatlicue show him the stealthy paths.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The three of you leave the Bunker in silence. Collin and Coatlicue setting a prime example of being utterly undetectable. After 4 minutes of slow and stealthy movement, Lux's invisibility runs out. Collin and his Ekans are far enough ahead to not be encompassed by the sudden glow, but the others are suddenly lit up. Out of the sky above you hear a great swooshing sound as a large, grey creature dives towards the ground. At the last second it pulls into a loop and you can see a small woman riding it. She shouts at Blake and Dave, "Gimme all the stuff you got! Lamp, seeds, food, and gear! Pokemon too!"
    Games GMed

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will stay hidden for now, wanting to not waste the element of surprise. He'll scan the aerodactyl gray pokemon he totally doesn't know what is.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks up at the bird-riding woman, and replies, "...You've been following us... otherwise, you wouldn't know what we have. Why? If you were going to rob us, why do so now? And why rob us at all... why not work together here?" Blake scans the flying Pokemon as he addresses the woman, watching her movements carefully and thinking to Lux Be careful... this could be bad.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-22 at 09:48 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Some things are just easier than others," she replies. "Can't trust anyone now that the lights are out. And you're part of anyone."
    Games GMed

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

"but this isn't easier you take our stuff we are as good as dead meaning we defend our selves and no matter how pitiful you may believe we are you get hurt and we are fresh out of meds you might have some but what about next time or the next. I can spare you 2 weeks food, pokeballs, a bottle of regular water, and maybe a mon or two no fight and you can be on your way to shake down someone else its pretty obvious we can't track or follow you so you have nothing to fear of revenge"

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Shocked, the small woman sets her flying mount to the ground. She shouts towards you, "2 weeks of food is good. Which pokemon? And how many balls? We might be able to talk this out yet."

Give me a Charisma check IF you're a part of the negotiation.
    Games GMed

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

"I got a fresh caught staravia that seems your style poisoned but not badly and with 3/4's health so he is in no danger he can shake it off a good night sleep and he'll be on his feet for scouting another day and it would be fit for battle if you cared about it" dave gulped at the next thought he couldn't belive he was doing this "I also have a grass type some one of your talents can probably turn it into a sprouter then you wouldn't need a heat lamp you could run silent with out any power or heat to give your hide out away" he quickly shifted subject "3 balls sound good? I doubt you would be interested in broken ones like I am"
    Spoiler
    Show
    help me dice! Cha (1d20-1)[8]

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

She considers her options for a long minute before finally saying, "Deal. Set the food, pokemon, and balls down. Then back up." She turns to Blake before moving, "And you, put that floating candle away before something else sees you."

Spoiler
    Show
    You all have 2 options: A) Do as she says and the deal goes through without issue. B) Anything else.
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

This was the hard part for the sake of the others he couldn't make her mad. he set down all his normal rations, all but 4 days worth of herb rations, and the water bottle. 3 pokeballs not a big deal he already has 3 more in the pipeline. the bird wasn't a big deal either he just caught it haven't even let it out yet. the big deal was peach he was selling out one of his friends to save his own skin he couldn't believe what he was doing he had just taught her to play catch a few hours ago. he fought back a tear he couldn't show weakness now lest the bandit thinks she could bleed more from him.

with the goods placed he stepped back.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will have Coatlicue edge closer to the skarmory to get herself in range to be able to strike with a glare.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake watches Dave's actions, frowning, and glancing down at his P-Gear when it registers the flying Pokemon. Skarmory... After a moment, he sighs, and says, "You want me to put away the light... how can we trust you not to attack us the moment it goes dark?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Cause I got people to feed and bleeding out here won't help them none," she says with a tone of anger entering her voice. She nudges the Skarmory and it bounds into the air, 6m off the ground. "Enough of you damn looters, I can't stop you all."
    Games GMed

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Blinking, Blake says, "I see... have you considered that we might be in the same situation? Trying to help others, rather than merely acting for ourselves? And for that matter, don't you think it would make more sense to band togehter during this than to remain splintered - especially since the ones responsible for this are likely still out there somewhere?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha Check: (1d20-1)[6]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why do you think we are here? risk our butts for plants? do we look like gardeners? the gym leader Joan sent us to get seeds so our refugees won't starve we can help each other, and we can get back at the people who did this. we have a captive mon from the bombers if we can find someone who can get information from it. can anyone in you group do that?"

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake watches the woman carefully before nodding. "Dave... get us some light." Going to recall you, buddy... I'll link back up with you at some point, but if I bring you back up, and that metal bird is still around... burn it, alright? Receiving a mental nod from the Litwick, Blake waits for Dave to get a light on before recalling Lux, watching the woman closely and ready to release the Litwick again at the first sign of treachery.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

She shows no signs of trusting you, which is evidenced by her guiding her Skarmory through another agile loop. When Lux is tucked away, she lands between you and the gear and dismounts the metal bird. She then quickly shoves half of it into a burlap bag.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13
    A|||||CB||||||||
    B|||||||||||||
    C|||||||||||||
    D|Co|||||BD||DS|||||
    E||||||||Sl|||||
    F|||||||||||||
    G||||||Sk|||||||
    H||||||Ri|||||||
    I|||||||||||||
    J|||||||||||||
    K|||||||||||||