New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"I am sorry, sire, but I don't do wagers. It wouldn't do well to the Ranger's reputation if we went around battling for money. But my Ponyta here could use the exercise, yes." Chuck says.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That sounds perfect," she says as she leads you deeper into the building. You enter an open room with multiple circles on the ground. "The names Sarah. And don't worry, I'll make it an even match." Sybaris takes up her position at one end and the Gym trainer releases a purple cat at the other. Before Sybaris can even move, her opponent has raced halfway across the circle with a vicious growl in its throat.

{table=head]X|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11
    A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F||||||Pu|||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||Sy|||X|X|X[/table]

Sy-Sybaris
    Pu-Opponent

Summary: The opponent moved to F6 and used Growl. Sybaris' Hyper Cutter prevents Atk from falling.

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Um, okay. My name's Cindy. My puppy's name is Dingo. He's gonna win," the young girl says with a large smile. She steps out into the street with no fear of cars and sets the Lillpup down. Nosey lines up across from the small puppy and the match begins. The Lillipup moves first, trotting closer and staring intently at the Phanpy. It is quite humorous.

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G||||||Li|||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||No|||X|X|X[/table]

No-Nosey
    Li-Lillipup

Summary: Lillipup moved to G6 and used Leer. It didn't affect (missed) Nosey.

Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, you're a ranger. Well that's understandable. C'mon into the shop, it's mostly cleared away." With that said, he leads you into the garage proper and releases a small humanoid that seems to be carrying a girder.

A|X|X|X|||Ti|||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||Fi|||X|X|X[/table]

Fi-Firemane
    Ti-Opponent

Summary: You are faster.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-18 at 01:43 PM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

"ok nosey use tackle!"
    nosey dashes to H6 and throws its weight at the dog
    Spoiler
    Show
    move: tackle, normal
    hit:(1d20)[12]
    damage:(2d8+12)[25]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hit rocks the tiny puppy but doesn't knock it out. Looking a little dizzy, the Lillipup steps back and returns the attack doing 14 Damage (after Defenses).

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G||||||Li|||||
    H||||||No|||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X||||||X|X|X[/table]

No-Nosey
    Li-Lillipup

Summary: Lillipup moved to F6, then G6 with a Tackle. Hit for 22 damage, but defenses brought that to 14 Damage.
    Games GMed

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That sounds perfect," she says as she leads you deeper into the building. You enter an open room with multiple circles on the ground. "The names Sarah. And don't worry, I'll make it an even match." Sybaris takes up her position at one end and the Gym trainer releases a purple cat at the other. Before Sybaris can even move, her opponent has raced halfway across the circle with a vicious growl in its throat.

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F||||||Pu|||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||Sy|||X|X|X[/table]

Sy-Sybaris
    Pu-Opponent

Summary: The opponent moved to F6 and used Growl. Sybaris' Hyper Cutter prevents Atk from falling.
    Collin will scan the opposing 'mon.

Sybaris pauses for just the briefest instant, amused that the enemy 'mon thought growling would intimidate her.

She responds by closing the distance and using her powerful jaws to bite her foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    ac 2, flinch on 15-20 - (d20)[16] for physical dark - (2d10+23)[37]

damage is 2d10+8 base plus 14 atk plus 1 from ace trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

"come on nosey show him what it means to throw ones weight around" nosey hops back to I6 and throws her self at the dog again
    Spoiler
    Show
    move: tackle, normal
    hit:(1d20)[17]
    damage:(2d8+12)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show
    hp: 18/32
    def: 8
    sdef: 7
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-18 at 02:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bite strikes true and the purple pokemon seems stunned. But amazingly it's not down yet. One more attack could be the decider.

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F||||||Pu|||||
    G||||||Sy|||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X

Sy-Sybaris
    Pu-Opponent (Dex takes three rounds. Unlike this match )

Summary: Your turn again.

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nosey's attack launches the small puppy to the feet of it's trainer. The little girl blinks back few tears before she looks up at you and says, "I guess I should train at the park more, huh? I'm gonna go to the pokecenter, here's your monies." She returns the Lillipup and hands you a crisp ^100 bill and then she leaves the way you came.

Nosey gained 180 XP.

It is 4:35 PM. You have no obligations and are free to enjoy your stay.
    Games GMed

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

"good job nosey" dave looks around to see nosey not triumphantly at his feet but instead playing with something near the dumpster "typical nosey"
    Spoiler
    Show
    pickup roll:(1d20)[1]
    "come here girl lets get you patched up at the pokemon center" they follow Cindy(the little girl) because the pokecenter isn't listed on the map
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-18 at 02:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Sybaris looks on her opponent with sheer arrogance as it trembles before her as she delivers another bite to her foe.

bite, ac 2 - (d20)[1]

damage - (2d10+23)[39]
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A split second before Sybaris closes her jaws, the purple cat dodges out of harms way. In a fit of spite it scratches the Trapinch for 10 Damage and ends up on it's other side.

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E|||||||||||
    F|||||||||||
    G||||||Sy|||||
    H||||||Pu|||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X

Sy-Sybaris
    Pu-Opponent

Summary: Sybaris Missed. Her opponent used scratch and dealt 10 damage after defenses.

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You and Nosey backtrack to the Dusk Island Mall in search of a Pokecenter. The building reaches at least 50 storeys high and it seems to hum with electric power. The amount of lights decorating it make it almost painful to look at directly, even in this faux-midday light. Pressing through the doors you're greeted with a smile and breeze of recycled air. There's a pleasant, orange flavored smell to it. A large sign indicates that this is the Directory and Returns floor. You can see walls of elevators and stairwells leading up to the other floors. A particular set of red elevators seemed to be direct to the Pokecenter and back.

You take one of these elevators and soon find yourself in a red and white decorated place. There is an open spot at the counter and the Chansey hands you a tray with indentations meant for pokeballs. Once Nosey is taken away, you are told it'll be 15 minutes.

5:05 PM
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake hands over the package, and looks at Celeste, saying, "You up for it?" The Eevee yips approvingly, and Blake nods, turning back to the man. "Looks like you've got yourself a battle... a wager of 300 will do, I think. I'm assuming one Pokemon only, no trainer interference, no items that the Pokemon isn't carrying already?" he asks as he allows the man to lead him into the arena.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste will start in K6.
    Celeste:
    HP: 29/29
    DEF: 5
    SDEF: 8
    SPD: 7
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I like those rules. You'll be up against Wade here," the clerk says as he waves a man forward. You are both lead to a ring and he releases a four-legged green pokemon opposite Celeste. His pokemon goes first and it jumps forward with an electric wave that just hits your Eevee. It looks like Celeste is having muscle spasms.

A|X|X|X||||||X|X|X
    B|X|X||||||||X|X
    C|X||||||||||X
    D|||||||||||
    E||||||El|||||
    F|||||||||||
    G|||||||||||
    H|||||||||||
    I|X||||||||||X
    J|X|X||||||||X|X
    K|X|X|X|||Ce|||X|X|X[/table]

Ce-Celeste
    El-Opponent

Summary: Opponent moved to E6 and used Thunder Wave. Celeste is now Paralyzed.
    Games GMed

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

"Paralysis... nice opener. But not enough! Take it down, Celeste!" Blake says as he scans the green Pokemon. Celeste rushes forward, attempting to throw itself at the electric-wielding creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste moves to F6 and uses Tackle.
    AC: (1d20)[6] v. 2+PhysEv, (2d8+15)[25] Normal Damage v. Defense

Celeste: Paralyzed
    HP: 29/29
    DEF: 5
    SDEF: 8
    SPD: 7 3(due to Paralysis)
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celeste fights through twitching muscles and rams into the green pokemon. It flies out of the ring and nearly knocks it's own trainer over. In a single round Celeste won her match. "Nice going kid, here's the money as promised," the clerk says as the man named Wade runs off. "You know, if you want to cure it of Paralysis, you should head to the Pokecenter in the Mall." As you leave you notice a small group of people exchanging money they apparently bet on your match.

Celeste gains 120 XP. You have another ^300 in cash. Your dex identifies the Electrike you just fought.

It's 5:25 PM. You have no obligations and are free to enjoy your time.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-18 at 04:31 PM.
    Games GMed

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake smiles, and pulls out Celeste's Pokeball. "Great job, Celeste... let's get you healed up, then." Recalling the paralyzed Pokemon, Blake then collects his winnings and makes his way to the mall, and the Pokemon Center within, keeping his eyes open for any new Pokemon to scan, and looking for any places where he might be able to pick up a decent first-aid kit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make the trek back to the Dusk Island Mall, seeing nothing too interesting along the way. The building reaches at least 50 storeys high and it seems to hum with electric power. The amount of lights decorating it make it almost painful to look at directly, even in this faux-midday light. Pressing through the doors you're greeted with a smile and breeze of recycled air. There's a pleasant, orange flavored smell to it. A large sign indicates that this is the Directory and Returns floor. You can see walls of elevators and stairwells leading up to the other floors. A particular set of red elevators seemed to be direct to the Pokecenter and back.

You take one of these elevators and soon find yourself in a red and white decorated place. There is an open spot at the counter and the Chansey hands you a tray with indentations meant for pokeballs. Once Celeste is taken away, you are told it'll be 15 minutes.

It is now 6:00 PM and you're starting to feel hungry. Do you go buy a quick meal while your Eevee heals or do you wait?
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake scowls at the growling of his stomach, realizing he hasn't had anything to eat since disembarking, and looks around for any restaurants or food stands he can see from the Center, wanting to find someplace he can grab a quick meal once Celeste is healed.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the windows of the Pokecenter Floor you can see dozens of small cafe's and diners surrounding the parks and interspersed among the condos and office buildings. Also you see a few people have sandwiches with the same logo and a polite question here and there tells you there's a food court 6 floors up.
    Games GMed

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Deciding to grab something while they're taking care of Celeste, Blake heads up to the food court and picks up a sandwich, bringing it back down to the Center.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-08-18 at 04:59 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Completely taken aback by the audacity of her opponent to actually attack her, Sybaris bites it once again, this time with a vengeance.

ac 2 - (d20)[11] damage - (2d10+23)[32]

stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

hp: 16/26
    def: 5
    sdef: 5
    spd: 1

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another bite from Sybaris knocks the poor cat out cold. "Okay, that's enough," Sarah says as she recalls the Purrloin, your Dex function supplying the information at last. "Well you beat a Dark Type with a Dark move, I think that qualifies you to be a Gym Member." She pays you the ^300 wager and then leads you into another room.

This room had about half a dozen trainers in it, each of them training their pokemon. You scan them all and get Vullaby, Murkrow, Houndour, and Sandile added to your Dex. Sarah presents you with two pokeballs, "Either a Houndour bred by our in-house breeder, or a Sandile that was very recently caught." She indicates each with a gesture. "We don't normally present a choice, but some people really like a specific type, and I'm guessing yours is ground."

It's now 5:10 PM. Because you're a Gym Member, you are allowed to spend the night here, free.

OOC:
    You're very lucky you didn't kill the cat. It wouldn't have been good. If you had killed the Purrloin they'd have given you the weakest thing they could have. But you have now impressed them enough to let you join the Shadow Gym. The Houndour is stronger, but the Sandile is on your wishlist.

See what I mean when I said 5 was the magic number?
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

dave decides to spend his time till nosey is out by looking up some info and shopping.
    Spoiler
    Show
    info he is looking for (if he has time)
    1. camping sites
    2. places to capture pokemon
    3. courses in pokeball repair
    4. sites worth seeing

stuff he is looking for (if he has time)
    1. bargains (anything cheaper than normal)
    2. pokeball repair toolkits (either superior or bargain ones the regular kind he can find at any pokemart)
    3. bitter pokefood for nosey as a reward for winning
    4. apricorns
    when nosey is out he hangs out in the park scanning pokemon and then heads back to the couriers office in time to meet Collin

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the 15 minutes Dave has to wait for Nosey he finds the following information:
    -North of the City, through the Guided Tunnels is a campground that charges ^150 a night.
    -Further north is a Gondola station that brings tourists out over the island and up to the snowy peak and ski cabin.
    -Apricorns can be found in the Mall for ^150 each or in the Boardwalk Market for ^100 each.
    -Bitter Pokefood is sold in vending machines for ^5 a bite. (Feeding your pokemon isn't needed, this is strictly a RP thing)

Once Nosey is out Dave has just enough time to buy the food and walk back to the Courier's Office.

It is now 6:00 PM and you're starting to feel hungry.
    Games GMed

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave buys a bite of pokefood and feeds it to nosey who happily chews it "here is your reward girl good job" they then head back to the office. when he gets there he pulls out a jerky stick granola bar and an apple and has dinner as phanpy munches on some grass.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-18 at 07:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soon Celeste is released back to you, looking as healthy as ever. The lights out the window seem to be getting dimmer, it looks like Dusk Island has it's own version of evening. You have nothing but time on your hands. What would you like to do?

6:15 PM

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Plans still has an hour in-game to get back to the Courier's office, but his character doesn't really need to sleep outside anymore. It's possible some other players will take you up on the offer, but it's up to you whether or not you want to wait for them.
    Games GMed

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking Celeste's Pokeball back from the Center attendants, Blake takes a moment to scan the Chansey before deciding to head out along North Park Street, to see about finding a hotel for the night.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heading north leads you right into a densely packed area filled with Hotels and tourists. But no matter how hard you try, the lowest rate you can find is ^750 a night. It comes with Dinner (but you already ate) and Breakfast (when you wake up). Asking around may net you a different result (CHA check. DC 16)
    Games GMed

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

dave decides to wait till 6:30 whether or not anyone shows up he heads into the office and asks "are there any packages heading in the direction of the guided tunnels? I'm headed in that way for the night"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-18 at 08:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling at the prices listed, Blake decides to ask around and look for something a bit closer to his price range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma: (1d20-1)[0]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find out nothing new. In fact many people, people who seem to work for the hotel industry, aren't happy that you would suggest such a thing and ask you firmly to leave. (No actual effect, but you rolled a 1).

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The old lady looks up at you and smiles as you return, "No, no deliveries that direction. Thank you for checking in, though."

6:30 PM
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-18 at 09:05 PM.
    Games GMed