New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Nodding, Blake says, "Of course. It's good to know, at least, that we aren't the only ones out here trying to rebuild. We should get these things back to Joan and the others, though..." he addresses the latter to his companions.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. It is probably for the best to spread around the demand so we're not draining too many resources from any one place." Collin makes a sign for Earth with his hands and bows. "With your permission, perhaps it is best if we return soon with what we have."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

"having fought a pair of the bombers along side my friends and defused thier bomb with my own hands I would have to agree that those rumors are baseless, again its a pleasure to meet you but we should be getting back to the arena"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-23 at 11:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Of course, young ones. We shall also depart. May the Light guide you," he says with his deep voice and both Magmars turn to leave, as if by command. The people follow, never straggling long in the darkness. You head back to your gate and through the hole you've dug. No sign of pursuit shows, aerial or otherwise. By the time you reach the Arena it's 11:20 AM. Taylor takes your seeds and the Heat Lamp and leaves you three with Andrew. "Welcome back. We've finally caught up with mending survivors and we've got a couple hours. We can fully heal up to three of your pokemon, each."
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

"great Growler here really needs it, I also have a fresh catch that ate some smog, and slasher here just got a little dizzy" he gives the pokeballs to andrew and turns to collin "I need to speak with you in private"

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will request that Rhea, Maia, and Ganga be healed.

"We made contact with another band of survivors in there. They were lead by a man wreathed in flames."

After turning over the trio for healing, he turns to Blake and asks, "Mind if I ask you a question about a problem I've been having?"

Immediately after asking this, Dave says his bit to Collin. "Sure, what is it?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-24 at 12:12 AM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

where no one can hear them Dave says "Collin what you did out there could have cost us everything or even gotten us killed" before he can respond dave envelopes him in a big bear hug and says "thank you, I really didn't want to go through with that. your the most level headed noblest person I ever met don't stop."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding at Collin, Blake says to Andrew, "I'll get back to you in a bit - I want to double-check my team myself, see who needs it most." Heading off a bit with Collin, he says, "So, what'd you need?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

"No problem." Collin says, hugging him back.

The moment over, he turns to Blake and says, "I have a bit of a problem: I just am not connecting with Bastet the way I am with my other friends. She's a fine, noble creature, but she and I just aren't developing the kind of bond that I have with my other pokemon. I feel that this would make her feel isolated and alone, which isn't fair to her. Would you be willing to take care of her?"

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake thinks about it, and replies, "I can, if you like... you already know that connecting with a Pokemon isn't a problem for me." Blake chuckles at his joke, before continuing, a serious look on his face, "I can't ask you just to give her to me, though... and truth be told, I've been wondering where Lyra fits in my team as it is. Even swap sound good?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds fine with me."

Collin will head over to the box and temporarily box Isonade for Bastet to make the exchange.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, joining Collin over at the box. Once the two have the Pokemon in hand, Blake passes over Lyra's ball, saying, "I don't think I really need to say this... but take care of her, alright?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. You do the same." Collin says as he hands over the pokeball.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake takes the Pokeball, and heads back to Andrew. "Sorry about that, but we had to discuss something." Smiling, he hands over three Pokeballs, and says, "Anyway, if you can take care of Lux, Bastet and Zanna for me, I'm going to get some training in."

Blake heads off a bit, releasing both Varen and Celeste. "All right, you two... let's do a bit of training, stealth and tracking. Varen, I want you to go invisible as long as you can, and stay at least within a couple meters of ground level. No phasing, either. Celeste, track and tag. Alright?" The two Pokemon give cries of affirmation, and Varen vanishes, with Celeste sniffing around for a bit before darting towards a seemingly random direction. After a couple minutes of chasing nothing, she leaps into the air, and the Misdreavus appears right where she jumped. The two repeat the process for the next couple hours, waiting for Andrew's word that his other Pokemon are ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Training XP(1 hour each):
    Celeste: (2d10x40)[720]
    Varen: (2d10x40)[640]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will spend the next two hours rigorously training Isonade to get more force behind her jumps, hoping she'll eventually get strong enough that she can at least tackle things with her body and have some impact. He starts her off by refreshing herself on her jumping-to-move exercises before focusing on having her jump at his chest to see how much force she can put into it.

Spoiler
    Show
    hour 1 - (2d10x40)[480]
    hour 2 - (2d10x40)[760]

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The three of you drop off your pokemon and both Blake and Collin go off to train their pokemon. So only Dave is around when Andrew introduces a slight girl with dark hair. "This is Mueki. She's one of the survivors from the docks. She's been a great help with the kitchen and Joan's asked me to send her out with you for your next mission. Joan's exact words were, 'A diplomatic approach will be needed here,' looks like you've got some hours to get to know each other."
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki was holding her Spheal in her arms, apparently drawing comfort in it's presence. She bowed quickly. "Hi, I'm Suifu Mueki. I'm from Ereautek City in the Johto Region. It is a pleasure to meet you. I... I can cook, and I have some strong Pokemon..." She trailed off, unsure of what to say.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

he scans the spheal "nice to meet you I'm Dave Smithers, but you can just call me Dave. I'm from kanto, I guess I mostly handle the technical stuff like making and fixing pokeballs, I seem to have a bit of luck when it comes to throwing them too." she seemed a little shy to him. fortunately he knew just the mon to help get people out of thier shells, he calls out his pokemon "so this is Biter don't worry she's mellow, Peach my little shroom" he gives Peach a little hug still glad he didn't have to give her up "and that Phanpy poking and sniffing you curiously is Nosey" Nosey looks up at Mueki with excited anticipation. "and the cat, bird, and cat/bird thing I handed off to Andrew are Growler, Flappy, and Slasher respectively"

19. - Top - End - #889
    Dwarf in the Playground

She bowed to each Pokemon in turn, saying to each, "A pleasure to meet you." That done, she hefted the Spheal up, who gave an excited bark. "This is Punipuni, Puni say hi." The Spheal gave another bark and clapped repeatedly, excited.

Mueki then got nervous again, squeezing Punipuni tighter and saying, "Where's everyone else? I was told there was th-three of you."
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-09-24 at 05:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

"uh.. I guess we just split up and do our own thing when Joan isn't sending us to do stuff I'm sure they will turn up in a few hours" he returns all his mons but peach and puts her on his shoulder "do you know if things have returned to normal enough for people to start accepting cash cards again? I was thinking about maybe finding a TM or maybe a move tutor for peach. I need to start building up her moves"

21. - Top - End - #891
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki fidgets. "Um... I don't know. You could check the breeder area, I think there was a Move Tutor hanging around there. I'm not sure though..." Mueki considers what to do next. She knew her Pokemon were probably way weaker then the team she had joined, so she supposed she should train them up some. "I'm going to do some training then..." She stood awkwardly, not sure how to leave, before she just slid off with a soft, "Bye."

She found a spot where the ground was littered with rubble from the explosion and nodded determinedly, thinking up ways to train her Pokemon. She brought out her trusty Ryhorn, who appeared with a roar. "Okay Ooraku, we're going to be clearing some of these big rocks. First we'll push them into one spot, then we'll break them down into gravel!" Mueki then guided the Ryhorn to a piece of rubble the size of her and showed him the spot she wanted it pushed.

While Ooraku went about his task, she crouched down with Punipuni. "I want you to practice with your ice. Make some paths on the ground and roll around, according to the Pokedex you learn Ice Ball soon, so this will get you some practice." The strong timbre of her explanation was very different from her introduction, her shyness not evident now that she was not around people.

While Ooraku pushed heavy rocks, Punipuni started rolling about, freezing the ground beneath it as it slowly made a path. After a nice, winding path was made, Punipuni used Defense Curl to round himself out a little more and started to roll. He fell off the path numerous times, but encouragement from Mueki was all that was required to get him to go to the start and try again.

Ooraku had a nice pile of rocks going before Mueki had him strike the rocks with his horn, going for speed rather then power to break them apart. Referring to her P-Gear once again, she has found that he was close to learning Fury Attack, and she knew that if he got used to it now he could more easily use it in the future.

The final half-hour of the two-hour training session was Ooraku learning how to walk on frozen terrain, with minimal success. His weight was enough he could break thin layers of ice and forge forward at a slower speed, but if Punipuni made the ice thick enough to hold his weight he couldn't figure out how to walk without sliding every which way. She finished her training session by giving both Pokemon big hugs and returning them.

She headed back to the gym, releasing Matowaritsuku and having him coil about her shoulders.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave heads off in search of people selling TM's and move tutors the places he checks are(in no particular order other than efficient travel)
    • the gyms breeder kennel
    • the gyms office
    • the arena garden
    • the arena shanty town
    as he passed between the gym and arena he spots Mueki training a large pokemon he scans it and says to himself "Rhyhorn? damn she wasn't kidding about strong pokemon I'm glad she is on our side" he noticed that he was only 2 scans away from hitting his 50 pokemon seen milestone so he's hoping to spot a few new ones among the survivors. He realizes its kinda a silly thing to worry about at the moment but the world has to go back to normal eventually, and little things like scanning pokemon help remind him of that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    if it comes to buying stuff from the shanty town there are a few other things on his shopping list.
    1. a bike
    2. rope
    3. duct tape
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-24 at 08:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mueki and her pokemon go outside, across the street to do their training. Some light from the higher floors of a hotel reflects on the ice, illuminating her temporary training space. [Training Validated]. Dave enjoys a leisurely stroll through the shanty-town that is the Arena. The Garden takes up most of the central area and is heavily guarded. Dave can see that there are plenty of people holding lengths of pipe and baseball bats that are obviously not Gym trainers. It seems that the survivors were integrating themselves into protection and production of their encampment. Following a path of what were stairs not two days ago, Dave somehow finds himself facing a man crammed between a wall and tent. "Hey kid, whaddaya buyin?" He has a small assortment of goods, and a large, brown bear-like pokemon with a yellow ring around it's stomach. The Ursaring seems to be the merchant's guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Black Market Stock:
    -Potion (3/3)
    -Pokeball (2/2)
    -Antidote (4/4)
    -Full Heal (1/1)
    -Revive (1/1)

Assorted junk:
    -Rope, Duct tape, Springs, Bike wheel, Sports Bag

Roll a Charisma Check for prices.
    Games GMed

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave scans the bear one more to go and says "well that would be dependent on what your charging and how you accept payment but given the circumstances I'll keep this simple and just inquire about the potions, rope, and duct tape"
    Spoiler
    Show
    cha(1d20-1)[12]

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Tape and Rope will be ^50, Potions are ^250 each," he says with his rough voice. He pulls an battery operated Card Reader from an inside pocket of his long coat and begins typing. He glances up at you and asks, "Do we have a deal, kid?"
    Games GMed

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

"for the top priority stuff yes we have a deal" he pays the man "though I am a little curious about that wheel I don't suppose you have the rest of a bike hidden away and your selling it off piece by piece for a smart profit"

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

He takes the payment and hands Dave his new goods. At the bike comment, he looks up and says, "Hey, that's not a bad idea, kid. I like the way you think! How 'bout this: I sell you all the parts here and now for ^400 and we save you some time?"
    Games GMed

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

"sounds fair" he pays for the bike "pleasure doing business with you"

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave pays the man again and he replies with, "No refunds." Dave is handed a large bag of parts and he sets it down in a more open area. He begins assembling, well building, a bicycle out of the assorted gadgets. Local children gather around, apparently with nothing better to do.

They begin playing a game, passing large rubber balls across the circle of Dave's work space. He can tell they're trying to annoy him, but for the most part he ignores them. Then a ball isn't thrown high enough and it bounces off his head. A round of laughter and giggles proves that this wasn't an accident, and the children begin passing the ball around again. The next time the ball flies too close, Dave's hand jumps up to meet it and knocks it straight upward. A collective breath is held as the ball reaches it's apex and falls back to the earth, only to land impossibly still on the back of Dave's outstretched hand. A round of applause accompanies the laughter this time and the mood of the circle changes. Dave successfully finishes repairing/rebuilding his bike, even keeping the collapsibility of the thing. It's a multicolored contraption, but all the parts work fine. In celebration the kids hand you two more rubber balls and leave to their own chores and homes. [Gain Bike and Juggler's set]

Soon all four of you converge on Andrew to receive your pokemon. Those handed away are fully healed and all promises kept. Joan was waiting there, obviously intent on talking to all of you. "Okay, Taylor reports success in the Greenhouses. That's good. Your next job is why I've asked Ms. Suifu to join you: There's a particular hotel that we've heard is housing a large camp of survivors on the roof. They don't have enough for themselves, and we still have plenty of space here." She takes a moment to look out over the Arena as a whole. "You're looking for The High Water Mark, a hotel along the Beachfront. Anna has informed me that the roads seem clear for now, but there's no telling what will be out there when you go. Any questions?"

Hell or High Water:
    -Find the right hotel.
    -Reach Survivors on roof.
    -Convince them to come to the Arena.
    -Escort them back.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well," Blake says, "Out in the greenhouses, we ran into a Brother Malcolm and some people with him - they called themselves Followers of Light. He apparently knows you... anything we should be aware of regarding him?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM