New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Blake looks around at the insect Pokemon, scanning one with his P-Gear, and shrugs, saying, "Alright, Bastet, bring it down! Fury Swipes!" The Meowth gives a cry before slashing furiously and repeatedly at the insect in front of it. He then pulls out another of his Pokeballs and hurls it towards one of the farther insects.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bastet will use Fury Swipes on W1. Blake will scan, then throw a Basic Ball at W6.

Bastet: Fury Swipes v W1 - Up to Five Attacks Total, continues attacking until one misses.
    Attack 1 - AC: (1d20)[7] v 4 + Phys Evasion, (1d6+3)[6] Damage plus (1d6+3)[7] on Crit.
    Attack 2 - AC: (1d20)[6] v 4 + Phys Evasion, (1d6+3)[8] Damage plus (1d6+3)[7] on Crit.
    Attack 3 - AC: (1d20)[15] v 4 + Phys Evasion, (1d6+3)[5] Damage plus (1d6+3)[5] on Crit.
    Attack 4 - AC: (1d20)[14] v 4 + Phys Evasion, (1d6+3)[7] Damage plus (1d6+3)[5] on Crit.
    Attack 5 - AC: (1d20)[1] v 4 + Phys Evasion, (1d6+3)[9] Damage plus (1d6+3)[8] on Crit.
    Add 15 to total damage.
    Total Damage: 41 (Remember, apply defense only once against this attack).

Blake: Basic Ball v W6 - Capture Roll: (1d100+5)[72]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-09-27 at 01:23 AM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw another rock at W1
    ac 6 - (d20)[10]
    physical normal - (d10+7)[9]

Maia will tackle W2
    ac 3 - (d20)[12]
    physical normal - (2d8+20)[23]

Dave will take a shot at W6 with his slingshot
    ac 6 - (d20)[11]
    physical normal - (d10+7)[17]

Slasher will use a feint attack on W4

cannot miss - (d20)[7]
    physical dark - (d10+26)[28]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki tossed a Pokeball at the one Mato had wrapped himself around, attempting to catch the weakened Pokemon. "Ooraku, stake out that one over there. Stomp it." She whispered to her mount, it lumbering over to M4 and crushing it under his foot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pokeball:(1d100+5)[40]
    Attack: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (3d8+22)[30]
    Bonus Damage: (1d10)[1]
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The others snap to attention, now seeing the threat for what it was. Dave plinks away at one yellow bug, slightly damaging it. Collin strikes luck with a thrown rock, hurting another bug. Mueki throws a pokeball at the tightly wrapped bug, capturing it without issue. Blake scans a mon and throws a pokeball at the one Dave weakened. It struggles a moment, but soon clicks shut. Slasher is egged on by the disappearing foes and charges at a nearby bug, nearly knocking it out in one hit. Bastet follows suit and rips into the nearest bug, tearing it apart in four swipes.

The bug next to Maia fires a poison sting at Slasher, trying to defend it's nearest ally. The attack hits for 5 damage. The one that Slasher tore into, however, tries to attack and fails. The lonely bug farthest from the others fires a poison sting at Mato, dealing 2 damage.

Ooraku charges at the lonely bug, urged by Mueki on his back. He crushes the yellow thing flat, ending it with one move. Maia, angry at being ignored, throws herself into the nearest bug with so much force that it's almost fainted.

{table=head]:)|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13
    A|8|8|8|||||||8|8|8|8
    B|8|8|8|St|ri|ng|-|Sh|ot|8|8|8|8
    C|8|8|||||||||8|8|8
    D|||||||CB||||||8
    E|||||||||||||
    F|||||||||||Ma|W2|
    G|||||Ba|BD|||||||
    H||||||||DS|Sl||||
    I||||||||||||W4|
    J|||||||||||||
    K|Pb1|Mt|||||||||||
    L|||||||||||||
    M||||MS*|||||||Pb2||
    N|||||||||||||
    O|||||||||||||
    P|||||||||||||
    Q|||||||||||||
    R|||||||||||||
    S|||||||||||||
    [/table]

Initiative:
    DS - Dave
    CB - Collin
    MS - Mueki (*Riding Ooraku)
    BD - Blake

Sl - Slasher
    Ba - Bastet

W# - Opponents

Mt - Mato
    Ma - Maia +1 Def CS

Summary: Pretty self explanatory, honestly. All damages listed are after defenses.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki notices the only two remaining bugs were badly injured and hops off her mount, going to collect her Pokeball. "We have a new friend..." She smiles, wondering what to name her new 'mon.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw a pokeball at W2

(d%+5)[72]

Dave will try to capture W4, putting a curve on the ball to deal it 3 damage before the pokeball absorbs it (the damage ignores stats and typing).

(d%+4)[30]

Both of them command their pokemon not to attack the last two standing and ask their allies to do the same.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake smiles, seeing his ball click closed, and says, "Nicely done... now, get over there and Bite the other one!" Bastet rushes across the field, past Dave and Slasher, and snaps fiercely at one of the remaining insects.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bastet will move to H11 and use Bite on W4.

Bastet: Bite v W4 - AC: (1d20)[8] v 2 + Phys Evasion(Flinches on 15-20), (2d10+17)[33] Dark Damage plus (2d10+8)[21] on Crit
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Rush as she might, Bastet is unable to reach any bug before the last two are caught. By this time, everyone's pokedex beeps with information on their new Weedles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake: Female, Level 5, 50% HP, Oblivious, Hardy
    Mueki: Male, Level 5, 30% HP, Venom, Relaxed
    Collin: Female, Level 5, 25% HP, Oblivious, Lonely
    Dave: Male, Level 5, 1 HP, Oblivious, Adamant

Maia, Slasher, and Bastet receive 150 XP.
    Mato and Ooraku need to split 150 XP.

Upon retrieving their pokeballs, Dave's and Collin's both disappear into the Box System.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-09-27 at 02:10 AM.
    Games GMed

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods as he heads over and retrieves his Pokeball, before smiling and releasing Celeste. "Good job, Bastet... take a look around and see if you can find anything of use. Celeste, you do the same - copy Bastet's talent for finding stuff to help you out, alright?" Celeste nods, eyes glowing faintly as she traces the Meowth's power, and the two head off to search.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bastet: Pickup - (1d20)[14]
    Celeste: Trace(Bastet) -> Pickup - (1d20)[12]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Collin picks up his new friend and christens her Ahti as she's teleported away to the box system.

On a hunch, he'll send out Rhea to see if she can find anything nearby.

rolled an 11

"Shall we continue?" Collin asks.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-27 at 02:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki recalled Matowaritsuku and re-mounted, placing her newest ball on her belt. "Mmm. We should get moving, I want to see if I can catch a good Water Pokemon before it gets too late."

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Bastet paws at the rubble while Celeste bolts off into the darkness. Before he can comment or complain, Blake is presented with a green and black pokeball. Celeste drops the Dusk Ball at his feet, looking very proud of herself. Bastet saunters on back with a packet containing a syringe in it. Closer inspection reveals it to be a Full Heal.

Seeing Blake's luck, Collin tries the same with Rhea, and is rewarded with a black and yellow ball. Dave mentions that it's an Ultra Ball and that it's much better for catching pokemon than a basic ball.
    Games GMed

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Every collects their loot and respective pokemon, none actually hurt too bad by the weak ambush. Collin throws a rock at the string across the path in order to trigger the trap, but as the string breaks, nothing happens. Trading confused looks, the four of you continue onward. It's about another half an hour until you come to a scene of devastation: The Boardwalk Market. Or what's left of it anyways. Actual sunlight can be seen from here, as it fights through thick clouds and cuts into the bay to warm the beach. It looks to be about 50m just down another street.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone roll a 1d20. No mods.
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Collin and Dave look on at the destruction speechless.

First Collin, then Dave - (2d20)[9][16](25)

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake looks around, trying to remember if he saw the hotel they're looking for at any point since his arrival on the island, Celeste trailing along behind him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[17]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #946
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki's mouth dropped open. "It's... Horrible..."

(1d20)[13]

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

While you all marvel at the damage and destruction caused here just yesterday, you find some loot intact among the wreckage. Collin finds a perfectly undamaged Basic ball. Mueki finds a Burn Heal that doesn't seem to be damaged. Dave gets lucky and finds a Super Potion, amazed that such an item wasn't found while all the survivors made their exodus. Blake follows a hunch and opens an old, wooden case. Inside he finds a green gemstone in the shape of a leaf.
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will take this opportunity to hunt for supplies for catching 'mons.

(d%)[51]

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave pokes around for gear conscious that there are other survivors out there so he limits himself to things he or his friends will actually use. his priorities are...
    • maps and phonebooks that could lead them to the high water mark hotel
    • TM's
    • meds
    • pokeball parts(there was more than one stall before the blast and this sort of loot would be useless to most survivors and perfect for him)
    • a way for mueki to travel faster (bike parts, pink apricorns, float stone, agility tm?)
    • subconsciously: a good supply of whatever will become his throwing weapon of choice(artificer weapon perhaps?)
    anything else of value he puts some where safe and uses strips of duct tape to make a sign some where visible that says supplies take only what you need-->
    Spoiler
    Show
    loot(1d100)[15]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-27 at 11:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki's eyes begin to tear up at the devastation. She leans down and hugs her mount, greatly affected by the scene. She fortifies her resolve to look for the survivors and scans the skyline. "Let's see... the High Water Mark Hotel... probably one of the taller buildings, still intact if they have a settlement on the roof, and most likely near the shore."

She nudges Ooraku near the shore, looking for Pokemon and signs of people. If a significant clue is found, like a blood trail or discarded bandages, then Ooraku will use his Tracker capability.

Wisdom: (1d20+4)[23]
    Wild: (1d100)[8]

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake follows along with Mueki as she heads towards the water, nodding at her line of thought. "Right... let's see what we can find, then." He joins her in looking around, searching for any sign of the hotel, or for any Pokemon that would be a decent addition to the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wis: (1d20+3)[12]
    Wild Roll: (1d100)[78]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Try as you might to follow Mueki, you soon get separated and find yourself wandering the beach alone. It's a peaceful moment and even though the others are within sight, you choose not to go to them. An hour goes by before you notice that a small red pokemon has been following you. It seems crab-like in nature and it's foaming at the mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    No map needed. If Speed is higher than 5, you go.

Mueki:
    You walk down to the beach, awash in destruction and devastation. Soon you end up walking around underneath the destroyed boardwalk and you hear a mewling cry. Halfway up a broken support beam lies a bright purple worm-like thing. It seems stuck and the desperation in it's voice calls to your heart.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also no map needed. Either Dex it down or Charisma to encourage it down on it's own.

Dave:
    You spend a quiet hour sifting through debris and wreckage. Over the course of that time you find 2 Ultra Balls and a belt of 5 Throwing Knives.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal damage on Knives. They are Level 15, so they deal STAB of 6. You can upgrade the belt to upgrade all 5 knives, but not individually.

Collin:
    In the course of an hour all you can find is a Basic Ball and a Green Apricorn. But hey, at least there's sunlight out there, right?
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki gasped, looking at the adorably purple Pokemon stranded up there. "Oh no!" She looks around for any way to climb up, then nudges her mount to stand underneath the Pokemon. Mueki dismounts and removes the blanket from Ooraku, giving her a stable surface to climb up upon and stand.

Mueki, now standing on top of his back, reaches her hands upward. "Come on down! Don't worry, I've got you!"

Charisma: (1d20+2)[7]
    Dexterity: (1d20)[9]

OOC: No map needed, but could I get how high it is at least?
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-09-28 at 01:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Collin enjoys his time in the sunlight and stows away the few meager things he found.

Spoiler
    Show
    would have thought a 51 would be worth more than two junk items but oh well. Free gear either way.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Dave:
    You spend a quiet hour sifting through debris and wreckage. Over the course of that time you find 2 Ultra Balls and a belt of 5 Throwing Knives.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal damage on Knives. They are Level 15, so they deal STAB of 6. You can upgrade the belt to upgrade all 5 knives, but not individually.
    dave finds a pokeball stall but it looks like all the intact balls were looted a while ago he is about to turn around when suddenly he notices an open box under a work bench and jackpot pokeball parts and just any parts but ultra ball parts the looters must have found the box and glossed over it thinking it wasn't worth the effort. dave pours the box out on the work bench and starts organizing the parts. he's never actually done this before but as he works he gets that feeling of snatching answers as they fly by again and in no time he has pieced together 2 ultraballs.

satisfied he turns to leave and sees a belt hanging on a wall with a sign that 'says shoplifters beware' he thinks of his own weapon and how it seems inadequate by comparison. he's going to be practicing juggling any ways so he might as well adopt a weapon that makes good use of it. so he takes it down and puts it on.

when out he goes to find collin
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-09-28 at 07:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

He finds Collin sitting on the beach, enjoying the sun.

"Hello, friend. Did you have a meaningful hour searching for supplies?"

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

"feels like ages since I've seen the sun", he sits down on the beach near collin "put together a couple good pokeballs from the stuff the looters left behind and found these" points at the 5 blades hanging from his belt opposite his pokeballs "after what happened today I figure it would be a good idea to carry something a bit more serious than a slingshot" he then takes out his juggling set and practices a little "I was also thinking food and power is all well and good but all those people crammed in the arena are going to get stir crazy eventually if this drags on to long with out an evacuation we are also going to have to worry about keeping people happy" he stops as his paranoia kicks in and looks around "we shouldn't hang her long we have a mission to complete and this spot is pretty exposed, shall we round up blake and mueki and start looking for the hotel? unless its an old one I expect its one of the ones along the beach front judging by its name"

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like a good idea to me." Collin says and stands up.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave follows "so find anything interesting yourself?"

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

"Just a basic ball and a green apricorn. Nothing too amazing."