New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"Thank you."

For the hour that Collin is getting his magikarp tutored, he'll spend the time training Ahti, his weedle. He will have her practice her accuracy with her poison sting and get used to climbing up places with her threaded capability.

training xp - (2d10*20)[260]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake shrugs at the man and says, "Thanks... but I'll pass for the moment... if I change my mind, I'll get back to you." Heading off, he finds the active PCs and switches out Varen for Rak. Releasing the Krabby, he looks around for some rocks or rubble that can be used to train the Pokemon, having the Krabby work on strengthening its grip by crushing the rubble in its claws.

Spoiler
    Show
    Training for the hour: (2d10x60)[660]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki beamed at Dave. "Thanks! I'll take good care of it."

Mueki did not have any Pokemon that could learn Bounce, so she politely declined the offer. She did, however, seek out one of the Gym Trainers. "Hi, um, I had heard that to be a member of the Gym you need a Dark Type Pokemon? I don't have one, so..." She bit her lip, nervous about asking for one of their Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is this the end of the day for us? I need to know if I need to roll my breeding checks yet. Still in the field, will have sparse opportunity to use laptop. Will post from phone if I can.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave goes to do more throwing drills with peach using his newfound knack for throwing to push and inspire her to throw further and higher than before.

training one hour [roll]2d10x20[roll]

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There's still time to do stuff, but you're not going to be sent back out again before the day changes.

Mueki:
    The gym trainer looks at Mueki as she spoke to him. "Eh? You don't have one? Well, we can't really spare a lot of pokémon right now, but maybe Andrew or Taylor has a spare egg they can give you. They should both be around here somewhere. Just tell them what you need and if they have anything available, they should give it to you." The time is around 5:00 PM.

Everyone Else:
    Training Validated. By the time you finish training your pokémon, the time is around 6:00 PM, and you're feeling a bit hungry. When Collin goes to get Isonade, he finds that the man has kept his word, the fish leaping distances much higher than you have ever seen from her before.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Ahti evolves from the experience of her training. The newly-evolved kakuna seems satisfied with herself.

Happy with her progress, Collin will see about eating dinner in the Arena.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki nods and goes to the breeding center, intent on getting a second Pokemon Egg. She immediately seeks out Andrew, breathing deep and mustering her courage. "Andrew. Hi! Ummm... I was wondering, you know, since I'm with the exploration team now, um, that means I'm a Gym Member right? And, well, I don't have a Dark Type Pokemon, so, I mean, if you happen to have a spare, um, and it's not too much of a bother..."

Her rambling shyness, at that point, imploded in upon itself and she dissolved into inaudible mumbling, looking down at her feet and hiding her flushed face with her bangs.

Charisma Check: [7]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-24 at 09:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave goes to see about getting dinner at the arena even if its just a soup line a hot anything sounds better than the junk food and granola he has been eating the past couple of days. he then goes to see if vanessa has smithed those apricorns yet if she hasn't he'll take the black one back so they have something to use with the green one should they decide to turn it into juice.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave:
    When you go to the arena for food, everyone seems happy to see you, with children thanking you, and the mood generally happier than it has been lately. Afterward, Vanessa gives you a single Basic Ball made from the Red Apricorn, and returns your Black Apricorn, telling you that she'll need more time if you still want the Blue Apricorn turned into a ball. The time is now around 6:30 PM

Mueki:
    Andrew looks at you. "Oh, right. Yeah, I guess you'll need one. Um, I hatched this this morning, but it's not getting along too well with me. Maybe you'll be better off with it." Andrew hands you a pokéball, and gets back to his work.The time is now around 5:30 PM, and you're starting to get a bit hungry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 7 Female Scraggy, Adamant Nature, Shed Skin ability

Collin:
    When you go to the arena for food, everyone seems happy to see you, with children thanking you, and the mood generally happier than it has been lately. The time is now around 6:30 PM

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will spend about 15 minutes entertaining the children with the story of how they fought three gyarados, embellishing it to make them seem more heroic than they really felt at the time. After finishing up with a description of how Mueki used her snake to ensure that they would not be bothered by them again, Collin will wander around outside the arena for a little bit, seeing if there are any more wild pokemon roaming dangerously close. As he walks, he muses over how connected with the Earth he has felt ever since coming to this island.

Spoiler
    Show
    encounter roll - (d%)[1]
    with the elements - (d20+3)[23]

if the with the elements roll beats a 15, at least one ground pokemon will be part of the wild encounter.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake heads over to see about getting some food, and after eating looks around to see if anyone has started accepting money again for anything useful yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Food, then looking for the black market - Perception: (1d20+4)[9]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

After eating Dave juggles to help entertain the kids for a bit
    Spoiler
    Show
    basically until mueki shows up to say she wants to use my pokemon to make eggs

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki left and released her newest Pokemon, taking in the odd looking Pokemon with trepidation. "Hi. My name is Mueki. Hmm... I can't think of a name yet, but it's nice to meet you regardless."

Mueki returned her newest Pokemon and went to the mess hall to assist in feeding everyone. She makes a few portions, making sure she tracked down her three companions and giving them their food personally with a big smile.
    Home Cooking: (1d4+4)[8]

Mueki eventually gravitated towards Collin, finding him and silently walking next to him around the perimeter. She muses about her companion, thinking of his good qualities, his strength and courage. She glanced at him, lost in his thoughts, and flushes slightly, the red light of dusk concealing it.

Wild Roll:(1d100)[74]
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-10-25 at 07:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

With the kids entertained, his belly full, and his arms tired Dave heads to the workshop to see if he can turn some scrap metal into some more improvised throwing knives so he doesn't waste his good ones on a fight he has to run away from. he is willing to help the mechanics with whatever they are working on in exchange for the materials and use of some tools.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki:
    You finish eating and feeding everyone around 6:30 PM. You find Collin just as he's wandering out of the camp.

Mueki & Collin:
    Collin's connection with the earth leads him to find a small dark-blue dragon near the camp, while Mueki spots a Rattata hiding nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not going to bother with a grid, Speed 5+ beats the dragon, Speed 7+ beats the Rattata.

Blake:
    When you go to the arena for food, everyone seems happy to see you, with children thanking you, and the mood generally happier than it has been lately. The time is now around 6:30 PM. After your meal, you manage to find a a man with a large bear pokémon hiding behind the tents selling items. "Hey kid, lookin to buy somethin?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Black Market Stock:
    -Potion (3/3)
    -Pokeball (3/3)
    -Antidote (5/5)
    -Awakening (3/3)
    -Full Heal (2/2)
    -Revive (2/2)

Assorted junk:
    -Springs, Sports Bag, Assorted scrap metal

Roll a Charisma Check for prices.

Dave:
    The mechanics seem glad for the help, and provide you with the materials and tools you need in order to make your weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check. Quality based on the result.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

Devin sits down and gets to work letting sparks fly as he grinds and hammers away
    dex(1d20+4)[16]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-25 at 03:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will call out Isonade, unlock the power of Earth within her, and have her bounce up in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    she has speed 10

bounce shifts her 10m up in the air this turn.

also using type shift so she's ground type this turn.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki called out Matowaritsuku, the Ekans hissing at the rat Pokemon. "Mato, Glare!"

Not at laptop, could someone roll for me? I don't have numbers on hand.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, perusing the available goods before saying, "How much for the Pokeballs, a Potion, a Full Heal, and a Revive?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charisma Check: (1d20-1)[8]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Collin & Mueki:
    After Isonade begins her leap, the rat rushes in and tackles Mueki's snake, who responds with a menacing glare, stopping the rat in it's tracks. The dragon, not seeming to understand why the fish jumped, roars in Collin's direction, striking him with a small twister.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Summary/Turn Order
    Isonade uses Bounce, leaping into the air
    Rattata tackles Matowaritsuku for 15 damage
    Matowaritsuku Glares at Rattata (AC roll 4), paralyzing it
    Dragon uses Twister on Collin for 12 damage

Dave:
    You manage to make some good knives. Not as good as the ones you have, but at least it's extra ammo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 additional throwing knives, with no bonuses.

Blake:
    "^250 each for the potions and balls. Full heal is ^625, Revive is ^375. If ya want all the balls, that's ^2000 for all of it."

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

Thinking for a moment, Blake replies, "That's a bit more than I've got, I'm afraid... how much for just two Pokeballs, a Potion, and a Revive?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha: (1d20-1)[3]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-25 at 08:48 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Knives done Dave heads back to the gym to use the training room to do some roll out practice with nosey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    won't train just yet might notice fight

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki furrows her brow in worry at the hard hit Mato took but then firmed her resolve. "Mato, use your Poison Sting to weaken it!" After the attack impacted it, she prepped and threw a Pokeball to capture the rodent Pokemon.

Accuracy: (1d20)[8] 17-20 Poison
    Damage: (1d6+19)[22]
    Ball: (1d100+5)[57]

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

For the upteenth time today, Collin is attacked by a pokemon...

He'll respond by throwing a rock at the dragon thingy and he'll remember to scan both 'mons.

ac 6 - (d20)[19]
    physical normal - (d10+7)[17]

Isonade lands on top of the dragon-thing.

ac 4 - (d20)[14]
    physical flying - (3d12+6)[26]

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blake:
    ...then that'll be ^1125. Les just make it a nice round

^1100 then."

Dave:
    As you head towards the gym, you spot Mueki and Collin fighting a pair of pokémon not far from the arena, just in time to see a Rattata get sucked into Mueki's pokéball.

Mueki & Collin:
    Collin's rock strikes the dragon just before Isonade lands on it. While they fight the dragon, Mueki's rat is immobilized by Matowaritsuku's glare, and the snake strikes it with poison, followed shortly by Mueki's Poké ball, ensnaring the rat and sealing shut. Clearly angry at being hit, the Dragon takes a deep breath and breathes a searing flame at Isonade, knocking her out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Summary/Turn Order
    Collin's Arms Attack hits Dragon for 11 damage
    Isonade ends Bounce, hitting Dragon for 20 damage.
    Rattata is fully paralyzed
    Matowaritsuku's Poison Sting hits Rattata for 18 damage.
    Mueki's pokéball successfully captures Rattata. L10 Male Rattata, Run Away ability, Calm nature.
    Dragon uses Dragon Rage on Isonade for 40 damage, fainting her.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will throw his ultraball to catch it.

(d%-10)[86]

If that fails, he'll call out Rhea, whom he will order to curl up defensively.

Spoiler
    Show
    uses defense curl

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "That'll do, then. And thank you." Purchasing the goods with what remains of his funds, he then decides to look around and see if he can find the others.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki looks at Collin's hard fight with concern, deciding to help him a bit. "Mato, Glare at that Pokemon." She scans it, uncertain about it.

Glare: (1d20)[19]

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave scans the mons and holds an empty ball ready should they need help noesy gets the dragons scent with odor sleuth

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blake:
    The others don't seem to be around the arena, but just as you head outside, you notice the others mid-battle.

Everyone Else:
    The dragon easily avoids Collin's ball, and it smashes into the wall, breaking. Mueki's snake glares at the dragon, freezing it just as well as it had done to the rat. Rhea responds by curling up into a ball, protecting herself from the dragon's attack, which doesn't come because said dragon is frozen in fear of Matowaritsuku.

Spoiler
    Show

Collin's ultra ball fails and breaks
    Matowaritsuku's Glare paralyzes the Dragon
    Rhea uses Defense Curl (+1 Defense Stage)
    Dragon is fully paralyzed