New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1398
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Collin attempts to capture it with his great ball.

(d%)[62]

Rhea will curl up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake blinks, and quickly scans the Pokemon as he heads towards the group. "Having trouble?"
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-25 at 11:05 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

"I feel a great sense of Earth abotu this pokemon. Help me catch it? Please?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave uses his throwing mastery to throw a ball from long range as it arcs he says loudly "heard you needed help"
    capture(1d100+3)[62]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-10-25 at 11:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, and pulls out a Pokeball of his own. "Sure thing..." he says before flinging the ball at the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Ball: (1d100+5)[27]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dragon gets ensnared and subsequently breaks out of both Collin and Dave's pokéballs, only to get sucked into Blake's ball, which manages to seal before it gets shattered as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    280 XP for Matowaritsuku, 140 each for Rhea and Isonade before Collin's multipliers.

L12 Shiny Female Gible, Vital Spirit ability, Lonely nature
    Egg Moves: Twister, Metal Claw

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki claps, delighted. "You got it!" She paused, realizing that legally speaking it currently belonged to Blake. "Um... you're going to give that to Collin, right?" She pouted, not wanting there to be a fight over rights to Pokemon.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

"I am indebted to you for catching that for me, Blake. I owe you one." Collin says, offering him a ball to replace the one he used.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake takes the ball from Collin, allowing him to retrieve the captured Pokemon. "Don't worry too much... you'd probably do better with that anyway. Just let me know if you find anything particularly interesting, alright?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

"Deal." Collin says, smiling.

He'll immediately head back to his pc and swaps out Rhea for the shiny new Vritra.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-26 at 01:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since everyone was assembled, and it was getting late, Mueki realized she was not going to get a better opportunity. "Okay, so... since we're going to be together for a while, I think it might me best for me to... leverage my skills." She starts to blush, poking her index fingers together. "If I can get a list of all of your Pokemon, I could figure out what Pokemon can breed together, and then we could maybe have a few other eggs floating around. I know I would like a Gible, and if it's female then my Dratini is compatible..."

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

Chuckling, Blake nods. "You're a Breeder, eh? Alright... Well, I can handle breeding for Lux and Varen myself, but I've also got Celeste, Rak, Pel, Zanna and Bastet. Celeste is rather interested in Slasher, so keep that in mind."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave uses one of the children spiral bound notebooks he got from the school to write down his mons names and species. He then tears out the page, hands it to Mueki and says "I don't need to know who is paired with who, or why, or what they are doing. I just need to know where my mons are if we need to evacuate fast"

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darchias View Post
    Since everyone was assembled, and it was getting late, Mueki realized she was not going to get a better opportunity. "Okay, so... since we're going to be together for a while, I think it might me best for me to... leverage my skills." She starts to blush, poking her index fingers together. "If I can get a list of all of your Pokemon, I could figure out what Pokemon can breed together, and then we could maybe have a few other eggs floating around. I know I would like a Gible, and if it's female then my Dratini is compatible..."
    "Yeah, Vritra is female. Didn't know pokemon came in "male"." Collin said jokingly. "It'll be good for my girls to get some late-night fun in. They've worked hard and things have been stressful lately." He lists out all of his 'mons.

Spoiler
    Show
    trapinch
    sandile
    gible
    geodude
    magikarp
    ekans

he also has in storage:
    kakuna
    staravia
    sandshrew
    ledyba

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki asked quickly to borrow the spiral-bound notebook Dave had pulled out, then wrote down every Pokemon she was told. After getting Blake to elaborate on the species of the Pokemon he listed, she referenced her Pokedex and, after some thought, made up seven pairings.

"An old superstition is that a Breeder can only breed seven pairs of Pokemon in a night, seven being the luckiest number. More then that is dreadfully unlucky, and a union after the seventh never produces an egg. So, looking at the Pokemon I think I would like, I think the two Staravia is a good pairing. After that it gets tricky. Celeste and Slasher are compatible, so that's an Eevee egg. Ganga can breed with my Mato, since Sandile are a pretty strong Pokemon. Ummm..."

Mueki taps her borrowed pen on the notebook, biting her lower lip in thought. "Trapinch are pretty rare, but the only Pokemon on the list that can breed with her is my Weedle. It's not a great pair, but the offspring should be viable. Biter can pair up with Blake's Krabby, and I would love a little baby Sandshrew, so I need to borrow Rhea for a night." Mueki intentionally omitted that her planned mate for Rhea was her Ryhorn, as people who didn't breed much always got uptight about large size differences in Pokemon. "You said her name was Vritra? I would like to breed her with Murasaki, I always wondered what would happen if I bred two shiny Pokemon. That's seven. If any of you would like to practice breeding, we have a pair of Meowth that could be paired up. It's always a little easier breeding Pokemon of the same species." She finished, slightly out of breath from her long speech. She shrank in on herself under the stares of her colleagues, embarrassed by her loquaciousness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Target Number: 35
    I know I'm supposed to technically roll this in the morning, but I will simply roll them now so we can get this day over with. If I didn't add a <5 roll then I choose not to flip the coin, as it is optional.
    Zanna/Flappy: Offspring born with Double Team: (1d100-4)[21]
    Ganga/Matowaritsuku: Offspring born with Torment (1d100-4)[71]
    Sybaris/Dokumi: Offspring born with no Egg Moves (1d100-4)[42]
    Biter/Rak: Offspring with no Egg Moves (1d100-4)[94] (If <5 then (1d2)[1] 1=Skorupi 2=Krabby
    Rhea/Ooraku: Offspring born with Rapid Spin (1d100-4)[-2] (If <5 then (1d2)[1] 1=Sandshrew 2=Ryhorn
    Celeste/Slasher: Offspring born with no Egg Moves (1d100-4)[-3]
    Gible/Murasaki: Offspring born Metal Claw and Twister (1d100-4)[20] (If <5 then (1d2)[1] 1=Gible 2=Dratini

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ettin in the Playground

As Mueki starts Dave just hands her the whole belt(good thing he is wearing two belts :D) and plugs his ears "I don't need to know the details just take the ones you need!" when he gets his belt back he says "sorry about that I just had traumatic childhood experience where I made the mistake of walking in on a sandshrew and rhyhorn my mom was breeding in the barn when I was four now talk of matching up pokemon makes me queasy"

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake chuckles at Dave's comment and passes over most of his Pokeballs, leaving only Lux and Bastet in his possession. "It's simple biology, Dave, nothing to get squicked out about."
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-28 at 08:10 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

At Dave's explanation, Mueki turns an interesting shade of mauve and releases a strangled squawk, before coughing into her fist and attempting to compose herself. "Yes, well... You'll want to keep well away from the Breeding center then. Definately... far away." She would not meet Dave's eyes at this point, and she fingered Ooraku's Pokeball uneasily.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds great to me. I hope you have someone tough in mind for Rhea. She's always been rather aggressive. Still, it is only natural for pokemon to feel the call of the Earth."

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BluesEclipse View Post
    Blake chuckles at Dave's comment and passes over most of his Pokeballs, leaving only Lux in his possession. "It's simple biology, Dave, nothing to get squicked out about."
    "And this is simple psychology Blake if something REALLY reminds me of it then I puke. It took a while before I could be around eggs again even longer to look at sandshrew and rhyhorns without losing my lunch" he then turns back to Mukei who he noticed was now avoiding eye contact "sorry again its not that anything you said so far would have set me off I was just afraid the conversation was heading in the direction I didn't mean to come off as rude. I think its great that you choose to be a breeder if it wasn't for that incident I might have become one my self"

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Collin has a hard time imagining his companion as the type to breed eggs and fuss over babies.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mueki flinched at Collin's mention of Rhea, and stuffed the balls into her backpack. "We should probably get back to the Gym, it's getting late." Mueki determinedly ignored Dave's ironic comments and walked off in a hurry, hoping to get them set up before bed.

At the gym, she headed to the breeding room and set up her pairs in some of the many stalls set aside for such a purpose. After making sure they were set up, she decided to get some last minute training in. She brought out her new Scraggy, deciding the best course of action on the spot. "Okay, I'm going to call you Gekkou, okay? We're going to do a little training here in the Breeding center."

Mueki pulls out Punipuni and instructs her to work on accurately aiming her Water Gun by aiming weak streams of water at Gekkou, who had to avoid it. Gekkou then used low-impact blows on Punipuni's soft body to train her endurance and Punipuni's ability to withstand punishment. It was truly getting late when they halted, two hours later. She returns the both of them before giving basic medical care for some of the Pokemon she had in the center before dozing off in a hay-stack in the Breeding center, smiling as she dreamed of adorable baby Eevee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Training Gekkou: (2d10*20)[400]
    Roll for Training Punipuni: (2d10*40)[680]
    Tender Loving Care: Heal Dokumi, Ooraku, Matowaritsuku, and Celeste to full health after 8 hours.
    I... assume that Pokemon that got teleported to the box system like my Rattata are healed to full, like in the later generation games correct? Not sure, but if not then my Rattata remains at 1 health and paralyzed.
    Punipuni heals up the rest of his health overnight with normal rest.
    That's all my actions for the day.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Collin feels that he is close to a breakthrough with Isonade. He'll train her for a while. He focuses on her making her jumps even more powerful. That tutor today really gave her an edge, and it's one he feels he can hone even sharper to have her unlock even greater potential.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d10*40)[160]
    (2d10*40)[360]

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ettin in the Playground

Dave trains with nosey and peach for a while as well he has nosey run around doing athletic drills and stunts while having peach practice her coordination and balance riding on nosey's back. since the pair normally does this for fun Dave figured it would be easy to push them a little further and have them learn something from it.

(2d10x4)[64]
    (2d10x2)[28]

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

After everyone trains their pokémon, the time is around 8:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Training validated. Automatically boxed mons are fully healed. In the morning, Mueki will find eggs of Starly, Sandshrew, Eevee, and Gible. Hatch times will vary somewhat from dex listing, I'll include that in the post at morning.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

After the breeding discussion, Blake stops by the PC and retrieves Varen's Pokeball before heading to his room. Releasing his two ghost Pokemon for the night, he says, "Alright... I do want to get a bit of training in for you two before bed. So... hmm... Lux, let's start with you. I'm going to call out an object, and I want you to create an image of it with fire, alright?" The Litwick gives a cry of affirmation, and Blake begins.

"Alright... we'll start small. A scalpel." Lux creates a wisp of flame, which shapes itself into a small flaming blade. Blake nods, and says, "Alright... how about a Poke Ball?" The Litwick creates a reasonable image of a ball, and Blake smiles, beginning to rattle off objects, continuing for the course of an hour. As the hour comes to a close, he smiles as Lux creates a fairly accurate image of Varen from the flames. "Alright, nicely done... I'll need your help for this next part. Form a ring around Varen, if you would?" The Litwick nods, creating a large, open ring of flame around the Misdreavus - about three feet in radius.

Turning his attention to Varen, Blake says, "Now, your turn... Lux is going to manipulate this ring around you - twisting it, expanding and contracting it, and so on and so forth. I'll be giving him commands on what to do. Your goal is just to dodge - you can phase in and out, and move around so long as you don't go beyond where the ring is now. Ready?" Varen nods, and Blake turns to Lux. "Alright, then... we'll start with spoken commands for tonight. So... shrink the ring, Lux." The Litwick complies, and the Misdreavus phases out as it moves to the side, reforming just as Lux twists the ring around into a spiraling rope of flame at Blake's command. For the next hour, Varen loops, twists, and phases out of the path of the flame as Lux bends it around, before Blake finally calls a stop to the training. "Alright... well done, Varen. Get some rest, you two... I get the feeling tomorrow's going to be a busy day." With that, Blake releases Bastet to allow the cat Pokemon to rest before heading to his own bed to get to sleep, while Varen and Lux occupy themselves in one corner of the room and Bastet curls up on the floor near the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Be aware that the above is meant to happen before the 8:00 PM time - this is while the others are doing their own training. Sorry, been busy and haven't been able to post as much as I'd like.

Lux's Training: (2d10x40)[480]
    Varen's Training: (2d10x40)[520]

Breeding Check: (1d100)[50]
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-10-28 at 08:10 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

after training Dave turns in for the night he lets out his pokemon who are not in the breeding center who all take places around the room he then says to noesy who sleeps next his bed "well girl we had a long day today and now for some well deserved rest" a thought occurs to him and his face goes serious "the breeding center is on the other side of this wall isn't it?" Nosey doesn't get what he is talking about and just tilts her head and smiles. Dave then throws his sleeping bag on top of the rest of his sheets and buries his head under his pillow "its gonna be a long night" says a muffled dave. Once Growler is sure Dave is asleep he sneaks out and following a familiar smell sneaks over to Blakes room and scratches at the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    not done yet need response from blue

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake hears the scratching just as he's about to sleep and scowls, particularly at the response of a cry from Bastet. Getting up, he says, "I'm guessing you want to spend some time with your brother... fine, so long as you don't wake anyone up." Blake opens the door and allows the Meowth to scamper out before heading back over to his bed, sighing as he quickly dozes off.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

Growler leads Bastet back to Dave's room and the two try to find a private place but all they could find is the inside of the sleeping bag Dave is buried under. They easily slip in without Dave noticing he is trying hard to ignore the fact that there is a room full of breeding pokemon on the other side of the wall.
    breeding check (1d100)[19]

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Collin will spend two more hours to push Isonade a little harder. He's sure that she's about to unlock a new potential in herself. He focuses on her jumping power. She's gotten very powerful with her thrusts. If she can just couch her jumps just right, it could cause some real damage.

That done, Collin and Isonade will flop on their bed and fall asleep exhausted.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d10x40)[240]
    (2d10x40)[200]