New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

"Sure," Mika says taking the pokeballs from Fred and collecting Sarah's as she leaves she returns Keahi to his ball and heads towards the pokemon center scanning the pokemon in Sarah's pokeball as she walks.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    You add a Purrloin to your growing Pokedex. It takes you a while to get to the Mall because of unexpectedly heavy foot traffic. Eventually you fight through the crowds and reach the Pokecenter at 6:35 PM. The Chansey indicates that you'll have to wait 20 minutes to get all of the pokemon healed up. Coincidentally, you realize how hungry you are and that although Fred you can sleep at the Gym for free, he said nothing of meals.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mika sits patiently in the poke Center waiting for the pokemon to be healed. She scans the Chansey then picks up a magazine to read.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    After a while the Chansey gets your attention and hands you back the four pokeballs.

It's 6:55 PM and you are hungry. You need to return the others' pokemon soon.
    Games GMed

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mika heads back to the Gym to drop off the other 2 pokemon before heading to the hotel district to find something to eat. After eating, she decides to take her Cyndaquil and Hondour out for a walk, giving them a chance to get to know one another. She goes back to the gym and claims an empty room for her own and goes to sleep at 9:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    Your room in the gym reminds you of your room aboard the S.S. Caroline: small, but enough space to rest and relax. There's a large communal bathroom at either end of the hall for each sex. All in all, it's comfortable. You don't see any other trainers or pokemon before you go to bed at 9:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You will be able to wake up at 5:00 AM at the earliest.
    Games GMed

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

daves alarm goes off at 5:00 AM after turning it off he pokes his head out side before sunrise just like back home he thinks to himself.

after getting dressed he steps out of his tent and releases his pokemon "Rise and shine every body we have a big day ahead of us!"he says as the three materialize "so introductions nosey, biter this is peach. peach this is nosey and biter. You three stretch and take care of your business while I pack up, and don't wander too far off." biter looks disinterested at the new mon and scuttles off to investigate a bush. nosey on the other hand picks up the little shroom, sets it on her back, and proceeds to playfully run around the plot as if giving peach a ride.

when dave is finished packing up the tent he notices biter looks very satisfied "what ever you ate I just hope it didn't belong to some one" he jokes to the bug "alright everyone lets head into town" dave swings his bag over the shoulder and starts hiking to the city with his pokemon in tow.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: will there be time to hit the mall or the market before breakfast at the hotel?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake wakes up at 7:00 AM to the alarm on his P-Gear, and stretches briefly, yawning. Taking a moment to check the time, he nods to himself, showering and getting ready for the day before heading down to the lobby at 7:50 to meet Dave and Collin.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you trek back towards the city with your pokemon following you you start to realize how quiet the morning really is. You enter the tunnel just as the sky begins it's predawn lightening. A new guard lets you through the checkpoint with a wave and you find yourself in the shadowed city once again. The street lights that seem omnipresent are glowing at less than full capacity, in respect to the slumber of others. A glance at your P-Gear and a quick study of the map and you believe you can get to the Mall and do your shopping and get back to the Hotel in time for breakfast.

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the lobby you see the entrance to a small diner, which apparently opened at 7. You sit and wait patiently for your friends to show up.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

dave still keeping an eye out for new mon to scan swings by the mall and picks up 2 basic balls before heading for the hotel

if/when he sees collin or blake he points at peach and says "look what I found wandering around camp last night"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You reach Blake's hotel a little later than you expected, but still early. It's 7:55 PM when you walk in.

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A few minutes of waiting and then Dave marches in with his pokemon following him closely.

Both:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're able to chat freely.
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods to Dave as the other trainer walks into the lobby, and blinks upon seeing the Pokemon behind him. "Nice... I see you've expanded your roster again since last night." Quickly scanning the Pokemon, he says, "Shroomish, huh? Very nice... very nice. It'll be useful against ground types, not to mention it's got some useful moves for taking down a target without really hurting them." Blake glances towards the door, noting, "Collin should be here shortly..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

"so what are your plans for today? I was planning on hitting the courier office maybe wager on a battle. If I'm lucky I should have enough to buy a pokeball repair kit in a few days to generate a more stable income"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Shrugging, Blake answers, "Actually, I was going to see if Collin wouldn't mind showing us around that gym. See what's going on there. Beyond that, I know they have battles at the Goldstorm, I may stop by there for a bit. I did manage to turn a profit on the slots last night, so maybe I'll get lucky again." Thinking for a moment, he says, "Maybe I'll check in with that hospital we saw, see if there's anything I might be able to help out with. I'm studying medicine, after all, so they may have some stuff I can help out with - and I may learn something in the process. Still, we'll see what happens once Collin gets here - he may have some other plans."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Being used to getting up at dawn, Collin rouses at sunrise.

He'll head over to the hotel where he's scheduled to meet up for breakfast. Since he's quite early, he takes the long way there which includes a quick jog through the park. He releases Sybaris and Ganga to join him on his walk. Sybaris tries to pretend she's still Collin's only pokemon while Ganga is content just to be walking with the rest of the pack. Seeing as how she'd be a fish out of water in this, Collin does not bring Isonade out.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before you leave the gym, one of the trainers stops you and asks, "Are you gonna be at the arena today? Joan's been challenged and there's a high wager. It promises to be interesting. Just drop by the Arena around 9:00 AM." During your early morning jog you come across hardly a living soul, just a few graveyard shifts heading home. You reach Blake's hotel by 8:00 AM exactly.

The Breakfast Club:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once Collin arrives you all take a table inside the diner. Your waiter is polite, if not a little sleepy, and you're able to enjoy company while you eat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blake, this meal gets charged to the hotel. No need to buy anything. Dave and Collin, you would need to buy something (^50) or eat a ration, which the waiter doesn't mind this early.
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Collin plans to take advantage of this opportunity to eat something besides trail rations and orders a spinach and mushroom cheese omlette with a blueberry muffin on the side. He asks for a glass of milk and an orange to accompany this breakfast.

"Before I left the gym, I heard that someone will be challenging the leader at 9. Think it'll be worth checking out? I figure it could give us some idea what sort of strategies the gym leader uses and will likely include quite a few new pokemon for us to scan."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

"Is that so?" Blake muses, curious. "It should be quite the event... I'm all for checking it out. Afterwards, maybe you'd be willing to show us this gym?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure thing. They seem to have a very good breeding program there for dark-types. The folks there that I've met have also been real friendly. "

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Chuck gets out of bed at 6:30 AM. He proceeds to eat breakfast on the hotel, feed Firemane, and then tells the Pokemon, "Let's get you some exercise and fresh air. We need your legs to be strong so you can run like the wind. Let's find an open area and run a little." He asks the hotel clerk where he could find a suitable area for such exercise nearby.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The clerk looks at the two of you and smiles broadly, "Of course. You could take a run along the beach, just be mindful of others. This is the one time a day we get real sunlight so it's pretty busy down there." He thinks for a second more before adding, "And if you're lucky, you could go to the Arena and run laps. You'll just have to pack it in before the event today. At 9:00 AM there's to be a battle. I've got money of Joan!"

It's about 6:50 AM. You're getting used to the city and thus can tell that it would take you only 45 minutes to reach the Arena or 15 minutes to reach the Beach.
    Games GMed

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

dave orders bacon and eggs(-^50). As he eats he slips one of the bacon strips to biter who scarfs it.

"seeing the battle sounds good between that and the gym tour I might be able to hit 25 mon seen in my dex today. so what does being a gym member entail any way? I'd assume they would want something from you in exchange for a place to sleep"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, one of them challenged me to a duel and when I won, they offered me membership for free. Came with a new dark-type pokemon and a free place to stay. Not the fanciest place by far, but it sleeps."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

"That would be where you picked up your Sandile, then," Blake remarks over his waffles. "It seems like it would be quite a challenge for me... Neither Varen nor Celeste are really ideal for facing Dark-types... still, could be worth trying out after this match you mentioned. Did you learn anything about the challenger, by chance?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

"well biter here knows some dark moves so maybe I should try to apply it would be one less bill to worry about"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BluesEclipse View Post
    "That would be where you picked up your Sandile, then," Blake remarks over his waffles. "It seems like it would be quite a challenge for me... Neither Varen nor Celeste are really ideal for facing Dark-types... still, could be worth trying out after this match you mentioned. Did you learn anything about the challenger, by chance?"
    "Yeah, you'll want to pick up someone who can take a hit or two before challenging. I found that the guy I faced hit pretty hard. His 'mon didn't know any dark moves, though. Probably not something you can count on. I suspect most of them do.

Didn't hear anything about the challenger other than that he's a he and he'll be challenging the gym leader.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by passinglurker View Post
    "well biter here knows some dark moves so maybe I should try to apply it would be one less bill to worry about"
    "I wouldn't recommend telling them your motivation if you do. Don't suspect they'd enjoy hearing you just want a free room."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

"don't get me wrong if they need my help I would be more than happy to lend a hand I have no intention of freeloading"
    looks at the time
    "well if we are done here we should get to the arena before it fills up"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-26 at 10:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mika wakes up at 5:00 and gets ready for the day, lets out her new pokemon and names it Solara. She heads to the market to find some breakfast with Keahi and Solara at her side. She enjoys the crisp morning air on her way.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mika:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you leave the gym a new trainer at the front desk tells you, "Don't forget, there's a battle in the Arena today at 9:00 AM. Joan's been challenged, and apparently it's a big wager. You should check it out." You don't notice any pokemon this early, but once you reach the Market you're amazed to find such a large crowd. You're just in time to witness the beautiful sunrise as Dusk Island City gets its minuscule sunlight for the day.

It's 6:50 AM and you've just had breakfast.
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's about 6:50 AM. You're getting used to the city and thus can tell that it would take you only 45 minutes to reach the Arena or 15 minutes to reach the Beach.
    "Let's go to the beach. Running in the sand will be good for you." Turning to the clerk, he thanks him.