New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Dusk Island (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by passinglurker View Post
    "don't get me wrong if they need my help I would be more than happy to lend a hand I have no intention of freeloading"
    looks at the time
    "well if we are done here we should get to the arena before it fills up"
    "Yep." Once they are done with breakfast, Collin will lead the three of them back to the gym to see the fight.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-08-27 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take a quick walk to the beach and find yourself an unused stretch of sand. Firemane begins running back and forth as fast as she can, over and over again. While you watch her you notice that the beach has become more and more crowded, to the point where your track of open sand is the only open area left. However, soon people start leaving. You can see that a lot of them are traveling in groups, and most of those groups are loudly discussing the fight at the Arena. Firemane trots back to you, done with her exercises.

It's 7:15 AM. If you were to go to the Arena it'd be no problem to walk with the crowds and make it on time.

Collin, Blake, Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once everyone has finished their breakfast and paid up, Collin leads you back to the Gym. Once he enters he finds the same trainer as before behind the front desk. Once someone asks about the fight he laughs and responds, "Guys, that's at the Arena, the giant stadium next door. We wouldn't be able to hold that much of an audience."

It's 8:45 AM. You guys are still going to the Arena, right? And Planswalker, your dialogue color is DimGray, stop stealing Chuck's voice.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-08-27 at 02:55 PM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

dave just chuckles to himself and recalls his pokemon cause the crowd is beginning to get a little thick. "lets go see the fight I doubt they are taking applications when they would rather be else where" dave holds the door open for the others

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got ANOTHER pta character in a different game that speaks in blue. I've more than once gotten them mixed up and had to edit in the correct name.

taking an enforced 1 week hiatus from posting in this one didn't help me keep up with which character spoke in which color. Maybe if that hiatus had only been the 1 or 2 days I had been promised...

"Well, let's get a going."

He heads over to the Arena with his new friends.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

dave makes an effort to spot pokemon he hasn't scanned yet in the crowd
    Spoiler
    Show
    WIS (1d20)[1] d'oh! hopefully no pidgeys poop on me for that
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-27 at 05:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Collin also looks out in the crowd to see if he can get any free scans.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+1)[19]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the entrance of the Arena, you glance upwards and notice a strange looking creature hanging off the side of the building. You instinctively scan the Zubat but it flies off before you are able to tell anyone else about it.

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You step in what looks to be bat droppings. But you do notice that some people who obviously have pokeballs are not letting their pokemon out. It makes more sense when you think about it: What if someone's pokemon affected the match? Like a ground type in the stands absorbing an electric attack meant for the opponents.

The Three Amigos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you all enter by the same entrance and just as you're looking for seats, someone waves Collin over. As you get closer, Collin recognizes Sarah from the gym. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]"Hey, Collin! We've got front row seats. Gym trainers get little perks like this whenever Joan fights."[/COLOR] She gestures to the other dozen people in the two rows. "So, who're your friends?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said in the OOC, I'm waiting for the other players to indicate whether or not they want to go to the Arena before I continue. Feel free to chat with the Gym trainers and maybe learn a little more about the organization you joined/want to join.
    Games GMed

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's 7:15 AM. If you were to go to the Arena it'd be no problem to walk with the crowds and make it on time.
    "I might as well follow the crowd. Maybe we will have fun. Let's check this Arena out." Chuck folows along with the crowd.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Chuck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You lead Firemane through the streets with the sway of the crowds and reach the Arena. Before you're allowed in you're asked firmly to sign an agreement that should Firemane interfere in the match, you'd be held responsible. It's a formality, really, and they let you in after that. While looking for a seat you see a few of the guys from the Courier's Office and notice they have some extra seats. You lead Firemane down to their section and join them.
    Games GMed

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the entrance of the Arena, you glance upwards and notice a strange looking creature hanging off the side of the building. You instinctively scan the Zubat but it flies off before you are able to tell anyone else about it.

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You step in what looks to be bat droppings. But you do notice that some people who obviously have pokeballs are not letting their pokemon out. It makes more sense when you think about it: What if someone's pokemon affected the match? Like a ground type in the stands absorbing an electric attack meant for the opponents.

The Three Amigos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you all enter by the same entrance and just as you're looking for seats, someone waves Collin over. As you get closer, Collin recognizes Sarah from the gym. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]"Hey, Collin! We've got front row seats. Gym trainers get little perks like this whenever Joan fights."[/COLOR] She gestures to the other dozen people in the two rows. "So, who're your friends?"
    "They're some fellow trainers I've met on Dusk Island. One of them seems interested in joining the gym. Is there room for them with us in the front?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, definitely. Not all of us were able to show up and there's always extra seats for new members and such," Sarah says. You, Dave, Blake, Chuck, and Firemane are now sitting with the Gym Trainers in the front two rows, directly halfway between the far ends of the Arena.
    Games GMed

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

dave asks sarah "so what does the gym look for in trainers? I take it they don't just take any person off the street"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well each person has their own way of determining worth, but I think it's safe to say that if you can impress us, you're able to join. Not a lot of people join because they don't see the point. Sure you get a new pokemon, but it's pretty young. You have a place to live, but locals have their own homes to go to and tourists can't really just stick around forever. And to top it all off, we have responsibilities. We take care of the Gym, the Arena, and even do volunteer work at the Trainer's Academy. It's kinda thankless, so that's why there's so few of us."
    Games GMed

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"I knew the Spirit of Earth had called me here." Collin says.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake nods, waving to Chuck as the other trainer joins them before joining in the conversation. "I can understand that... You guys specialize in Dark-types, correct?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah nods at you and says, "Yeah, Dark type pokemon and those with Dark as one of their type. With a city like Dusk Island, it just seems to make sense." She glances to one end of the Arena where a platform waited for one of the trainers. "And our leader has a soft spot for them."
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Blake says, "Hmm. I don't have any dark-types yet. Just a ghost and a normal, though I am looking for a Dusk Stone for Celeste when I can afford one."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A Dusk Stone?" Sarah asks with a smirk on her face. "I'm sure you could buy one at the Mall. Or if you end up joining us we might find an extra one lying around the workshop."
    Games GMed

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Blake blinks at the suggestion, before smiling. "Celeste and I might just have to take you up on that, then..." he says, before thinking of something. "Though... I know that in the main regions, the gyms offer badges for the League Challenge, but you guys are the only gym on the island, right? How do you fit into that, exactly?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Blake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah thinks for a second before answering, "I think the Shadow Badge counts as a Kanto Badge, seeing as they're the closest. Locally it's just a statement of achievement, sort of a tradition from the mainland."
    Games GMed

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah. That makes sense... I was just curious, really," Blake replies, smiling, before turning his attention back to the arena.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"You mentioned duties as gym members. I look forward to learning about my place in the Grand Scheme and how I can contribute."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Collin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah looks to you and says, "Well since you're one of the newest members you won't be immediately given anything too imperative. No offense, but I don't think you're suited to crafting gym badges or repairing pokeballs just yet. We'll just get your number and send you a message when we need errands run."
    Games GMed

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. No task is too humble for a man. We are all children of this earth, after all."

After a moment, he blinks.

"I just went into mumbo-jumbo mystic mode, didn't I? Sorry about that. I promise that I'm normally more sane than that. It's just.... I feel such a connection to the Spirit of Earth here. This is the first city I've seen where it is entirely surrounded by earth."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

dave perks up at the mention of pokeballs "did someone say pokeball repair?"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-08-28 at 12:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah looks at you and smiles, "Yeah, we have a workshop in the gym. That's where Vanessa does the repairs on our Pokeballs. We bring her any apricorns we find out on excursions and she turns them into balls as well." She gestures to a blonde woman with a ponytail down at the other end of the group. "She and Martin take care of repairs and making badges."
    Games GMed

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

"pokeball smithing is kinda a thing I wanted to pick up. My dad did it for a living back home but instead of teaching me he said I had to go out and learn for myself first."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"I am not sure that I will ever develop such skills to contribute to the gym. I fear that my life up until now hasn't been conducive to much besides pokemon battling."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dave:
    "Ah, and I guess you haven't had too much luck here, eh?" she says thoughtfully. "Tell you what, if you're able to join the gym I could talk to Vanessa and see if she needs another set of hands in the workshop."

Collin:
    "Battling is a talent all on it's own," she says. "We often get sent around the island to deal with reported problems. Say an Onix starts creating a new cave too close to a water line? We gotta go in and deal with it, one way or another."
    Games GMed

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"That theoretical poor onyx probably just needs to find someone who understands what he needs to help him find a more suitable home. He probably didn't choose to nest near water deliberately. A territorial water pokemon would likely kill it before it knew what was going on."