Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Shinx looks once more at the treeline before nudging the pokeball with its nose. The pokeball engulfs him and does not shake when it lands. It quickly clicks shut. You caught Shinx!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 4
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Lonely
    Stats
    HP 5
    Atk 7 (+2)
    Def 3 (-2)
    Satk 4
    Sdef 3
    Speed 5
    HP: 100%
    Shovel receives 690 (*1.2 =828) EXP for the battle!
    Pitch grins, pocketing the ball for a moment.

    "Good work Shovel. Hit Thales with some mud, make him able to fight these things without dying."

    The Drilbur happily obliges, splashing the Oshawott with some mud, chuckling as it does so. The Oshawott squirts a small jet of water back in return, hitting the Drilbur in the face.

    "Enough you two. We'll have plenty of fighting in a minute."

    And with that, Pitch picks up the buckets and starts to head back to town, having Thales pick up one. They would come to him. He knew it. He leaves Shovel out for now, but when they approach town (if they make it that far unhindered) he returns him.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-17 at 04:52 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You two manage to make it back to the Center without incident. The nurse accepts your pokemon and Stephanie turns to you, "Phew! That was a close call back there. Your Magnemite can really take a lot of hits!"
    Celeste grins back, as much out of relief as anything. "Thanks. I didn't realize how hard fighting all of them together would be, but he's really tough. Your Swablu's really strong, too, knocking out three of them like that."
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-17 at 04:51 PM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    This isn't going very well, if my pokemon can't hit him, he can just keep attacking without worry. I need to switch pokemon anyways. Leo releases Nightlock. Change of plans Nightlock. You do get to battle now. Get him!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 2, (1d20)[18] Wait, don't tell me, its a 2 right? If not, Damage (2d8+17)[22] on crit (2d8+6)[15]

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai recoiled from the strike, but kept himself upright, spinning his styler in his hands. Pa'ao, however, noticed the blood - Mordecai was hurt, and pretty badly. But he was doing a marvelous job of keeping a level face.

    "Kamoho! Once more!"

    And another scratch was sent at the still-weakened poochyena.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I cannot think of a good flavor explanation to 'Oh no, I'm hurt! Let me drink water'! :P So uh... Mordecai will use his trainer action to drink some water to heal himself for 30 with no roleplay statement thereof.

    Kamoho uses scratch once more, on the weakened one!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[17]
    Damage roll: (2d8+14)[22]

    You down the water, which the cocky Poochyena takes as a sign of weakness.

    Kamoho tries to take the second Poochyena down like he did the first, but this time he misses. Perhaps exhaustion is taking over at this point, with the situation looking more and more hopeless.

    The Poochyena who attacked you before repeats the act and hits you again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle!
    AC 3 (1d20)[17]
    (2d8+14)[22]


    The other Poochyena only laughs at you even louder.

    Annoyed at this rude behavior, grateful for your protection, and worried about your safety, your Drilbur suddenly steps out from behind you and slashes at the Poochyena's face!

    Spoiler
    Show
    SLASH! (yes, slash)
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: 31 as per OOC roll.
    (To be clear, it hasn't actually "learned" slash, just used it here.)


    The Poochyena's laughter is promptly cut short by Pa'ao's strike, and it falls over with a look of shock on its face.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins, pocketing the ball for a moment.

    "Good work Shovel. Hit Thales with some mud, make him able to fight these things without dying."

    The Drilbur happily obliges, splashing the Oshawott with some mud, chuckling as it does so. The Oshawott squirts a small jet of water back in return, hitting the Drilbur in the face.

    "Enough you two. We'll have plenty of fighting in a minute."

    And with that, Pitch picks up the buckets and starts to head back to town, having Thales pick up one. They would come to him. He knew it. He leaves Shovel out for now, but when they approach town (if they make it that far unhindered) he returns him.
    You make it just far enough to allow you think that the Luxio might have actually left and let you go. Then, in a moment of broken concentration, you hear some crackling noises behind you. You turn in time to see that the Luxio have come back! Both are radiating electricity, and one each charges into you and Thales.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spark! X 2
    AC 2 (1d20)[17] on Thales and (1d20)[8] on you
    Damage: (3d8+20)[32] on Thales and (3d8+22)[33] on you.


    These pokemon are crazed, and you can tell with one look that they will not stop for anything. Either they die, or you do.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste grins back, as much out of relief as anything. "Thanks. I didn't realize how hard fighting all of them together would be, but he's really tough. Your Swablu's really strong, too, knocking out three of them like that."
    "Thanks. I was lucky to have the type advantage like that. But wow, I'm really glad we decided to travel together. Can you imagine how bad that would've been if we were alone? I mean, I've heard the roads are dangerous, but...yikes."

    The nurse returns with your pokemon. "So it's about time for dinner, want me to whip something up? These centers have a neat little kitchenette and I can make anything you or Randel like!"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    The attack surprises Pitch, and he almost kicks himself for his lack of focus. Unfortunately, the Luxio gets to hit him before he can.

    Thales almost goes down from the hit. Shovel tries to dive in front of his trainer to take the blow, but is too slow.

    "Thales, step back. Shovel, Mud Slap!"

    The Drilbur takes aim. A swipe of his claws and a wave of mud flies at the two.

    Pitch pulls out an Enriched Water and chugs it. Can't fight with that much damage. A sigh of relief escapes his mouth as his wounds heal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel uses Mud Slap!
    Ground, Special
    AC: 2 (1d20)[3] Opponents must roll 1 higher on AC for the rest of the fight on hit.
    Damage: (1d6+7)[9]

    Whether or not Thales does something is up to you.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-17 at 05:16 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    This isn't going very well, if my pokemon can't hit him, he can just keep attacking without worry. I need to switch pokemon anyways. Leo releases Nightlock. Change of plans Nightlock. You do get to battle now. Get him!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 2, (1d20)[6] Wait, don't tell me, its a 2 right? If not, Damage (1d12+14)[16] on crit [roll2]
    The Numel is visibly shaken by your Muchlax's attack. "Noles! Hang in there!"

    Noles breathes some fire onto your Munchlax.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ember!
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    (1d12+14)[16]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nightlock brushed off the fire like it was nothing. Munchlaxes have great defenses against non physical attacks. Bette finish this before he uses magnitude again though. That move is dangerous.

    Let's wrap this up Nightlock, again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 3, (1d20)[11] Damage (2d8+17)[23] on crit, (2d8+6)[12]

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The attack surprises Pitch, and he almost kicks himself for his lack of focus. Unfortunately, the Luxio gets to hit him before he can.

    Thales almost goes down from the hit. Shovel tries to dive in front of his trainer to take the blow, but is too slow.

    "Thales, step back. Shovel, Mud Slap!"

    The Drilbur takes aim. A swipe of his claws and a wave of mud flies at the two.

    Pitch pulls out an Enriched Water and chugs it. Can't fight with that much damage. A sigh of relief escapes his mouth as his wounds heal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel uses Mud Slap!
    Ground, Special
    AC: 2 (1d20)[7] Opponents must roll 1 higher on AC for the rest of the fight on hit.
    Damage: (1d20)[6]

    Whether or not Thales does something is up to you.
    Thales is visibly shaken by the electricity-laden tackle. He looks surprised that it didn't hurt more.

    Thankfully, the mud that Shovel flings into the Luxio's faces gets their attention. One takes a step back and launches itself at Shovel, while the other continues to assault you in a similar manner.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle! X 2
    AC 3 (1d20)[7] on Shovel and (1d20)[6] on you
    Damage: (2d8+14)[28] on Shovel and (2d8+14)[23] on you


    Both of the Luxio let out primordial roars that cause birds to leave their nests in nearby trees.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch winces at the second attack.

    "Shovel, hit the same one as me! End up behind it!"

    Shovel complies, dashing forward and Scratching the one in front of Pitch as his trainer lunges with his knife, trying to hit the one Shovel Scratched earlier.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Both attacks are Normal and Physical.
    Pitch:
    AC: 4 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[16]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[8]
    Shovel: (Use Scratch, shift behind the thing)
    AC: 2 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d12+18)[20]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[8]

    Also, one is still injured from earlier, right?

    If Pitch's attack drops the first one, Shovel will hit the other.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-17 at 05:33 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai was thudded backwards by the blow - when he noted Kamoho miss, and the totodile was panting. That was definitely not a good sign. He looked up, and -

    - down it went.

    That action alone was like a rush of cool air. "Way to go, Pa'ao!" He called out, spiraling out with his styler.

    (If that doesn't work) Despite being more and more exhausted, Kamoho did try another slashing bite.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai promises to wash the RNG's car!
    Mordecai uses a restrain roll on the last one!
    (1d100-20)[51]

    If that doesn't work....
    Kamoho promises to buy the RNG chocolate!
    Kamoho uses scratch!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[11]
    Damage roll: (1d12+13)[16]

    If /those/ don't work, then.... bah! :P C'mon dice!

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas nodded mutely, not knowing what to think about the Pokemon Shane was telling him about. Had he known anything about 'Poochyenas' or 'Xatus' he would have been able to taken advantage of Shane's good will in order to obtain a type advantage. Just another lesson he would undoubtedly have to learn. He would keep his eyes open though, if anything, he could narrow down his search to the types that his own Pokemon were potentially weak to.

    As luck would have it, the appearance of the boy's dog Pokemon ruled a few of the more obvious Pokemon types. The 'Natu' was either Dark, Psychic, or Ghost, given the the gym leader's type conventions. Deciding that it would be safe to test out the waters with his own newly caught Pokemon, Nikolas released Loki, letting the light shimmer in the air.

    "Loki, use Lick on his Poochyena," he commands in a comfortable monotone.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-17 at 06:33 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch winces at the second attack.

    "Shovel, hit the same one as me! End up behind it!"

    Shovel complies, dashing forward and Scratching the one in front of Pitch as his trainer lunges with his knife, trying to hit the one Shovel Scratched earlier.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Both attacks are Normal and Physical.
    Pitch:
    AC: 4 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[25]
    Crit: [roll2]
    Shovel: (Use Scratch, shift behind the thing)
    AC: 2 [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]

    Also, one is still injured from earlier, right?

    If Pitch's attack drops the first one, Shovel will hit the other.
    Your murderous instinct helps you strike true, and you get to watch as the rage in your target's eyes gives way to pain, and soon, unconsciousness. That Luxio falls over, no longer able to fight.

    Its partner, clearly further enraged by you dropping the other, moves toward you and all but brushes off Shovel's attack. It looks like it hits well, but the Luxio is just too enraged to care.

    It lunges at you with vicious intent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle! With +1 Combat stage Attack due to rage.
    AC 3 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[25]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Nightlock brushed off the fire like it was nothing. Munchlaxes have great defenses against non physical attacks. Bette finish this before he uses magnitude again though. That move is dangerous.

    Let's wrap this up Nightlock, again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 3, [roll0] Damage [roll1] on crit, [roll2]
    Your Munchlax rams its considerably sized body into the Numel, and the impact sends Noles sprawling. Though Billy encourages it to get up, it cannot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Both of your pokemon receive 160 EXP for the battle!


    "It's alright, Noles. Come back!" Billy returns Noles to his pokeball and starts to walk toward you. "Man, I thought I had you with my Numel's Magnitude attack, but your pokemon are pretty strong too. Lesson learned, I've gotta get some more pokemon for my team. Thanks for the fun battle Leo. Oh, here!" He pulls out ^1000 and hands it to you. "See you around! We'll have a rematch someday, alright?" He says as he walks off, presumably to the pokemon center to heal his Numel.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your murderous instinct helps you strike true, and you get to watch as the rage in your target's eyes gives way to pain, and soon, unconsciousness. That Luxio falls over, no longer able to fight.

    Its partner, clearly further enraged by you dropping the other, moves toward you and all but brushes off Shovel's attack. It looks like it hits well, but the Luxio is just too enraged to care.

    It lunges at you with vicious intent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle! With +1 Combat stage Attack due to rage.
    AC 3 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[21]
    Pitch rolls with the Tackle, remaining standing. He couldn't take another hit like that though. He downs another water, sighing as the restorative minerals speed up his healing.

    "Thales, finish this. Tackle."

    The Oshawott comes around, going in for the finishing blow. He was weak, but he could still fight!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Time for a good 'ole Tackle!
    AC: 3 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[21]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[16]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai was thudded backwards by the blow - when he noted Kamoho miss, and the totodile was panting. That was definitely not a good sign. He looked up, and -

    - down it went.

    That action alone was like a rush of cool air. "Way to go, Pa'ao!" He called out, spiraling out with his styler.

    (If that doesn't work) Despite being more and more exhausted, Kamoho did try another slashing bite.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai promises to wash the RNG's car!
    Mordecai uses a restrain roll on the last one!
    [roll0]

    If that doesn't work....
    Kamoho promises to buy the RNG chocolate!
    Kamoho uses scratch!
    Attack roll: [roll1]
    Damage roll: [roll2]

    If /those/ don't work, then.... bah! :P C'mon dice!

    You are very, very close to successfully restraining the last Poochyena but it just barely escapes your styler's grip.

    This time Kamoho's aim is true, and it connects to drop the last wild pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Both your pokemon receive 180 EXP for the battle!


    Finally with a moment to breathe, you realize that it's gotten quite late. The chirps in the air have been replaced by sounds of crows.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas nodded mutely, not knowing what to think about the Pokemon Shane was telling him about. Had he known anything about 'Poochyenas' or 'Xatus' he would have been able to taken advantage of Shane's good will in order to obtain a type advantage. Just another lesson he would undoubtedly have to learn. He would keep his eyes open though, if anything, he could narrow down his search to the types that his own Pokemon were potentially weak to.

    As luck would have it, the appearance of the boy's dog Pokemon ruled a few of the more obvious Pokemon types. The 'Natu' was either Dark, Psychic, or Ghost, given the the gym leader's type conventions. Deciding that it would be safe to test out the waters with his own newly caught Pokemon, Nikolas released Loki, letting the light shimmer in the air.

    "Loki, use Lick on his Poochyena," he commands in a comfortable monotone.
    Your Gastly floats up the enemy pokemon and tries to lick it, but the Poochyena is able to evads to the side. "Great dodge, Pooch! Hit it like you hit me!"

    The Poochyena backs up and tries to charge into Loki, but ends up only phasing straight through him. It, and Shane, both look quite confused as a result.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo smiles Well, I was worried for a moment there, when Piri Piri missed twice, but it turned out all right. Leo gives Nightlock a quick hug, and they head down to the pokemon center.

    When he gets there, Leo scans any pokemon that are out of their balls, and walks up to one of the nurses. Hi I'd like you to heal my two pokemon?

    He looks around for Billy. If he sees him, he walks up and asks Would you like to go train together? You might be able to catch a wild, and my pokemon will get some battle experience.

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch rolls with the Tackle, remaining standing. He couldn't take another hit like that though. He downs another water, sighing as the restorative minerals speed up his healing.

    "Thales, finish this. Tackle."

    The Oshawott comes around, going in for the finishing blow. He was weak, but he could still fight!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Time for a good 'ole Tackle!
    AC: 3 [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]
    The remaining Luxio takes the blow from your Oshawott and stays standing--but only be sheer will. It shakes its head to clear its increasingly fuzzy vision..it tries to keep its eyes on you...it snarls at you....it breathes heavily....it.....

    The two bloodthirsty Luxio now sit in a heap in front of you, one fallen on top of the other.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of your pokemon receives 325 (*1.2 = 390) EXP for the battle! (These Luxio are so very generous.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 10:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    That must have been one of the 'tricks' that the ghost type was known to employ. Though he did not entirely understand it himself, Nikolas was grateful for the curious gas Pokemon. He had chosen correctly for this particular battle. However, specifics on the ghost-type would require additional reading when he had the opportunity.

    "Capitalize on its confusion with a Lick Attack, Loki.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Lick (Ghost) - (1d6+8)[14]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo smiles Well, I was worried for a moment there, when Piri Piri missed twice, but it turned out all right. Leo gives Nightlock a quick hug, and they head down to the pokemon center.

    When he gets there, Leo scans any pokemon that are out of their balls, and walks up to one of the nurses. Hi I'd like you to heal my two pokemon?

    He looks around for Billy. If he sees him, he walks up and asks Would you like to go train together? You might be able to catch a wild, and my pokemon will get some battle experience.
    Inside the center, a few pokemon are out of their pokeballs interacting with their trainers one way or another. You are able to scan a Tangela being poked and prodded, a Toxicroak lightly sparring with its trainer in the corner, and a Togepi calling out to its trainer loudly.

    The nurse takes your pokemon and takes them back for healing. Billy is standing nearby, preoccupied by something on his Pokegear but looks up when you speak. "Oh hey again! Yeah sure, I'd be up for that. Gotta use these pokeballs Halle gave me sometime, right? You lead the way this time, Leo."

    He waits for your pokemon to come back, which they do shortly. "Ready?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    That must have been one of the 'tricks' that the ghost type was known to employ. Though he did not entirely understand it himself, Nikolas was grateful for the curious gas Pokemon. He had chosen correctly for this particular battle. However, specifics on the ghost-type would require additional reading when he had the opportunity.

    "Capitalize on its confusion with a Lick Attack, Loki.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Lick (Ghost) - [roll0]
    This time Loki is able to connect with his ectoplasmic tongue. Shane's Poochyena looks very weirded out by the attack, but it doesn't seem to hurt it very much.

    "It's alright that you missed the first time, Poochy. Try again!" The Poochyena, seemingly perked up by its trainer's encouragement, does indeed try to tackle your Gastly once more. Unfortunately for it, the same thing happens and your Gastly starts laughing, amused by the futile attempts to hit it.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    I thought we'd look over on the road to Xylo. It seems that there would be the best place to go when we leave town anyways, so we might as well get familiar with the road now.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Why was the dog Pokemon resisting Loki's attacks so well? He remembered the technique hitting him like a sack of bricks back in the manor. Was it a type-advantage situation? Had he actually chosen incorrectly?

    Unlikely. Loki was doing very well for himself, so he saw no need to withdraw the Pokemon just yet. If Gastly could use the trick once, perhaps he could use it up until the 'Poochyena' dropped.

    "Good. Keep up those attacks, Loki."

    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[8]
    Lick (Ghost) - (1d6+8)[10]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I thought we'd look over on the road to Xylo. It seems that there would be the best place to go when we leave town anyways, so we might as well get familiar with the road now.
    Billy shrugs. "Sounds good to me. Just hope I find some more good pokemon for my team. This'll be fun training together, huh? I wonder what cool wild pokemon we'll see. I hope we see..."

    Billy proceeds to name a list of his favorite pokemon among the ones that he's seen as you two walk toward the gate. He stops short at the intersection that leads to the pokemart. "Oh hang on, I need to pick up a few things at the mart. I shouldn't be too long, and you can get some neat stuff there too."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Why was the dog Pokemon resisting Loki's attacks so well? He remembered the technique hitting him like a sack of bricks back in the manor. Was it a type-advantage situation? Had he actually chosen incorrectly?

    Unlikely. Loki was doing very well for himself, so he saw no need to withdraw the Pokemon just yet. If Gastly could use the trick once, perhaps he could use it up until the 'Poochyena' dropped.

    "Good. Keep up those attacks, Loki."

    Accuracy Check - [roll0]
    Lick (Ghost) - [roll1]
    Another tongue attack, another look of discomfort from the Poochyena. It still doesn't look too hurt, though.

    "Hmm, maybe this isn't just normal missing...Worth one more try though. Try one last time, Poochy!"

    Another charging tackle, another look of confusion from the Poochyena. Loki laughs some more at the situation.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    This was beginning to get dull. He was undoubtedly winning but he had half expected his first Pokemon battle to be more...exciting. This was like watching two children play tag with each other. Where one of the aforementioned children was a ghost.

    Hell, even that seemed comparatively more fun than this. He would not however, say no to another free shot at the Poochyena. "Loki, keep it up."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[5]
    Lick (Ghost) - (1d6+8)[10]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-17 at 11:05 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    This was beginning to get dull. He was undoubtedly winning but he had half expected his first Pokemon battle to be more...exciting. This was like watching two children play tag with each other. Where one of the aforementioned children was a ghost.

    Hell, even that seemed comparatively more fun than this. He would not however, say no to another free shot at the Poochyena. "Loki, keep it up."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[14]
    Lick (Ghost) - [roll1]
    This battle is indeed not one for the ages, as Shane notes as well. "Well this just isn't working at all. Return, Poochy! Go, Xanatos! Use your flashy new move!"

    The Natu hops up toward your Gastly and tilts its head, creating some dark energy that heads for Loki.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shade!
    AC 2 (1d20)[14]
    Damage: 7.
    And the pitched battle rages on!
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Sure, I'd like to get another pokeball. He walks up to the cashier, and purchases one basic ball. When Billy appeared to finished, You ready to get started?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •