Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The remaining Luxio takes the blow from your Oshawott and stays standing--but only be sheer will. It shakes its head to clear its increasingly fuzzy vision..it tries to keep its eyes on you...it snarls at you....it breathes heavily....it.....

    The two bloodthirsty Luxio now sit in a heap in front of you, one fallen on top of the other.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of your pokemon receives 325 (*1.2 = 390) EXP for the battle! (These Luxio are so very generous.)
    Pitch grins again. He had been grinning a lot of late. His team was strong. Not the strongest, but strong enough for now. He calls over his two valiant warriors and treats them, using a Potion on each. Sure, he could take them to town, but it was a sign of good faith to use them now. He spends time inspecting their wounds and trying to apply the Potions to their major injuries.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales: (2d12+10)[19]
    Shovel: (2d12+10)[24]


    He waves at his two healed Pokemon.

    "Watch the new guy. Don't let it do anything funny, alright?"

    And with that, Pitch releases the Shinx, its Pokeball firmly clenched in his grasp, ready to return at a moment's notice.

    "Look here little one," he says, gesturing at the bodies. "There are those traitors to your kind, those creatures that left you to die. Then, knowing I had said I would kill you should they attack, they attacked anyways. Tell me," he says, squatting close to its face. "Why would they put your life at risk if they truly cared about you? I, being merciful, won't harm you for their mistake. I do ask a small favor of you; deal with them. Prove to me that you are strong," he says, the tone of his voice making it very clear what "deal with them" meant.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas clicked his tongue, having briefly forgotten Shane's second Pokemon entirely. Thankfully Loki had managed to tank the dark energy and was still ready for more. The ghost Pokemon currently had a limited movepool according to the Pokedex but it still had one more move up its sleeve. He wasn't sure how the effect would take place but if it worked as intended, he could turn the battle in his favor.

    "Loki, use your Hypnosis on the bird."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[13]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-17 at 11:18 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Sure, I'd like to get another pokeball. He walks up to the cashier, and purchases one basic ball. When Billy appeared to finished, You ready to get started?
    "Yep! Let's find us some pokemon."

    The two of you travel outside, and shortly see a small flock of sheep pokemon walk from left to right some distance in front of you. The three in the back are blue with white wool, while the leader in front is pink with white wool, which you recognize as Mareep and Flaafy, respectively.

    "Shall we?" Billy asks, releasing his Numel in front of him.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 11:23 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas clicked his tongue, having briefly forgotten Shane's second Pokemon entirely. Thankfully Loki had managed to tank the dark energy and was still ready for more. The ghost Pokemon currently had a limited movepool according to the Pokedex but it still had one more move up its sleeve. He wasn't sure how the effect would take place but if it worked as intended, he could turn the battle in his favor.

    "Loki, use your Hypnosis on the bird."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[1]
    Faint purplish rings emanate from Loki and as they pass through the enemy Natu, it closes its eyes and falls asleep.

    "Whoa, wake up Xanatos!" Shane shouts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[1] wake on 16 or greater.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Despite himself, Nikolas felt a small smile tug at the ends of his face. The move had worked and now the opponent's stronger Pokemon was going to be out of commission for a little while. He would have to do as much damage as he could before it could wake up and take revenge. He wasn't sure Loki could take another hit like that. He was now slightly regretting his decision to withhold Dream Eater from Loki but put it out of mind. He wouldn't be able to win if he was thinking about regrets. For now, he would stick to the tried and true method.

    "Loki, don't give it a chance to wake up, use Lick attack."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check: 2 - (1d20)[8]
    Lick (Ghost) - (1d6+8)[13]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-17 at 11:26 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "...hoi!" Mordecai slumped into a crouch, hands on his knees. He and Kamoho were both panting in exhaustion.

    "Heh - way to go, Pa'ao. Definitely couldn't have done that one without you."

    He tapped his fingers on the drilbur's head - and noted the drilbur seemed to appreciate the gesture. "You too, Kamoho. Really went the extra mile there."

    "D-dile!" The totodile perked up, sticking his chest out slightly as though he wasn't tired at all.
    "Drill!" So did the drilbur. In which Kamoho glared at him.
    "Dile!"
    "Drill!"

    "Already?!" Mordecai hoisted the totodile up - with some effort, though, given his exhaustion. "Well, /I'm/ tired. Let's head back to town."

    He held up Pa'ao's pokeball, judging his reaction - it seemed to be about level. Thus, returning the drilbur and with his totodile on his shoulder, he skedaddled back to town to heal himself and his pokemon at the pokemon centre.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo scans them quickly, and turns to Billy. Maareep and Flaffy. They're electric types, so their best moves won't hurt Numel. But don't go slinging magnitudes around like candy, those things are dangerous, and they'll take extra damage.

    Leo releases Nightlock. Well, I said you'd be training in the wild today, let's get started. He and munchlax smiled, and ran towards the sheep pokemon.

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Despite himself, Nikolas felt a small smile tug at the ends of his face. The move had worked and now the opponent's stronger Pokemon was going to be out of commission for a little while. He would have to do as much damage as he could before it could wake up and take revenge. He wasn't sure Loki could take another hit like that. He was now slightly regretting his decision to withhold Dream Eater from Loki but put it out of mind. He wouldn't be able to win if he was thinking about regrets. For now, he would stick to the tried and true method.

    "Loki, don't give it a chance to wake up, use Lick attack."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check: 2 - [roll0]
    Lick (Ghost) - [roll1]
    The sleeping Natu shivers upon Loki's attack. It shudders and shakes, but it doesn't wake. Still, the damage done is clearly significant.

    "Oh no, wake up Xanatos! You can't take another hit like that!"

    "It most definitely cannot," says a voice neither of you recognize. Suddenly, a person materializes right before your very eyes! He's standing right next to your Gastly. Without another word, he quickly releases two pokemon at once. The one closer to you is a smallish blue/black quadruped. The one closer to Shane is a pudgy yellow humanoid pokemon with hands that look like black boxing gloves. The cries of these new combatants do manage to wake up the Natu.

    "Now, if you kids will kindly oblige, I'm going to take your pokemon with me."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 11:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins again. He had been grinning a lot of late. His team was strong. Not the strongest, but strong enough for now. He calls over his two valiant warriors and treats them, using a Potion on each. Sure, he could take them to town, but it was a sign of good faith to use them now. He spends time inspecting their wounds and trying to apply the Potions to their major injuries.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales: [roll0]
    Shovel: [roll1]


    He waves at his two healed Pokemon.

    "Watch the new guy. Don't let it do anything funny, alright?"

    And with that, Pitch releases the Shinx, its Pokeball firmly clenched in his grasp, ready to return at a moment's notice.

    "Look here little one," he says, gesturing at the bodies. "There are those traitors to your kind, those creatures that left you to die. Then, knowing I had said I would kill you should they attack, they attacked anyways. Tell me," he says, squatting close to its face. "Why would they put your life at risk if they truly cared about you? I, being merciful, won't harm you for their mistake. I do ask a small favor of you; deal with them. Prove to me that you are strong," he says, the tone of his voice making it very clear what "deal with them" meant.
    Thales and Shovel look appreciative of your caring for their wounds.

    The Shinx is still shaking like before upon release. It immediately sees the two bodies and gasps. The shaking worsens as you speak to it, and when you're finished it is absolutely vibrating.

    For a moment, you can't tell if it's going to die out of shock or bite you in the face. Then, amidst its confusion and anger and loneliness and desperation, it closes its eyes and charges up some energy.

    Sparks fly from it--sparks much too large for a creature this small. Then it calls out, "SHINX!" An arc of thunder spans the space between it and the nearest Luxio." SHINX!" Another burst hits the other Luxio. "SHINX!" Lightning. "SHINX!" Thunder. "SHINX!" Blood.

    The two Luxio are gone, so too is whoever this Shinx once was. It looks up at you, no longer shaking. Its sharp breaths are replaced with an almost nonexistent flow of air. It looks up to you, as if to ask...Who's next?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Shinx learned Thundershock! (Yes, really.)
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "...hoi!" Mordecai slumped into a crouch, hands on his knees. He and Kamoho were both panting in exhaustion.

    "Heh - way to go, Pa'ao. Definitely couldn't have done that one without you."

    He tapped his fingers on the drilbur's head - and noted the drilbur seemed to appreciate the gesture. "You too, Kamoho. Really went the extra mile there."

    "D-dile!" The totodile perked up, sticking his chest out slightly as though he wasn't tired at all.
    "Drill!" So did the drilbur. In which Kamoho glared at him.
    "Dile!"
    "Drill!"

    "Already?!" Mordecai hoisted the totodile up - with some effort, though, given his exhaustion. "Well, /I'm/ tired. Let's head back to town."

    He held up Pa'ao's pokeball, judging his reaction - it seemed to be about level. Thus, returning the drilbur and with his totodile on his shoulder, he skedaddled back to town to heal himself and his pokemon at the pokemon centre.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pa'ao's loyalty: 1 -> 2!


    You manage to make it all the way back to the town gates without being accosted by anyone or anything. When you're just a bit away, though, a massive gust of wind blows past you. Some low-flying pokemon just passed overhead, and it lands right outside the gate. You see a tall trainer get off of a large blue pokemon with red wings and pull out his pokegear.

    When you approach the gate, he looks at you and nods. His smile is quite radiant as he says, "Hello."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 11:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Thales and Shovel look appreciative of your caring for their wounds.

    The Shinx is still shaking like before upon release. It immediately sees the two bodies and gasps. The shaking worsens as you speak to it, and when you're finished it is absolutely vibrating.

    For a moment, you can't tell if it's going to die out of shock or bite you in the face. Then, amidst its confusion and anger and loneliness and desperation, it closes its eyes and charges up some energy.

    Sparks fly from it--sparks much too large for a creature this small. Then it calls out, "SHINX!" An arc of thunder spans the space between it and the nearest Luxio." SHINX!" Another burst hits the other Luxio. "SHINX!" Lightning. "SHINX!" Thunder. "SHINX!" Blood.

    The two Luxio are gone, so too is whoever this Shinx once was. It looks up at you, no longer shaking. Its sharp breaths are replaced with an almost nonexistent flow of air. It looks up to you, as if to ask...Who's next?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Shinx learned Thundershock! (Yes, really.)
    Pitch squats next to the small Shinx, slowly reaching out to pet it, pulling back his hand if it seems like it will shock him.

    "You and I will get along just fine, " Pitch says, rubbing its small head. "You and I will be good friends. Welcome to the family," he says.

    Pitch noticed that Thales shied away at the continuous streams on lightning.

    "Ah, you haven't been introduced to the rest of the family, have you? The blue one is Thales, the first Pokemon to join us. The other is Shovel, the second to come. You are Outlet, the third. Now, rest for now," he says, pulling out the Pokeball for his new member. "We'll find you somebody to battle later. You too Shovel, you've earned a rest as well." Pitch returns the two of them.

    "Thales, bucket. And don't complain; the money we make off this is for you."

    And with that Pitch wipes his knife on the grass, flips it back together, picks up his buckets, and heads back into town to deliver these buckets to the Pokemart owner.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-17 at 11:55 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo scans them quickly, and turns to Billy. Maareep and Flaffy. They're electric types, so their best moves won't hurt Numel. But don't go slinging magnitudes around like candy, those things are dangerous, and they'll take extra damage.

    Leo releases Nightlock. Well, I said you'd be training in the wild today, let's get started. He and munchlax smiled, and ran towards the sheep pokemon.
    "Perfect! I hope we can each catch one." Billy and his Numel both run forward as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map! (Your turn first)
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas didn't quite know what to make of the mystery man. Normal people didn't suddenly materialize out of nowhere, and he was by no means prepared to deal with the man. Gastly was injured and he was stuck in the middle of nowhere. He might have been able to outrun the man, but two Pokemon? Out of the question. How could something like this happen, and so early into his Pokemon adventure.

    Fear paralyzed him from the waist up but the sudden shaking at his waist snapped him back to reality. Orobas was still ready to fight. And if the Abra was ready, so was he. Nikolas quickly moved away from the newly arrived Pokemon and settled defensively.

    With a small gesture from its trainer, the small psychic type burst from its ball ready to attack.

    "You know what to do Orobas."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas shifts to K8 and returns Loki and releases Orobas at L9. Withdraw Pokedex to scan everything in sight.
    Orobas uses Hidden Power centered on I6.

    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[11]
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[11]
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[9]

    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+18)[27]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+18)[28]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+18)[29]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-18 at 12:06 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch squats next to the small Shinx, slowly reaching out to pet it, pulling back his hand if it seems like it will shock him.

    "You and I will get along just fine, " Pitch says, rubbing its small head. "You and I will be good friends. Welcome to the family," he says.

    Pitch noticed that Thales shied away at the continuous streams on lightning.

    "Ah, you haven't been introduced to the rest of the family, have you? The blue one is Thales, the first Pokemon to join us. The other is Shovel, the second to come. You are Outlet, the third. Now, rest for now," he says, pulling out the Pokeball for his new member. "We'll find you somebody to battle later. You too Shovel, you've earned a rest as well." Pitch returns the two of them.

    "Thales, bucket. And don't complain; the money we make off this is for you."

    And with that Pitch wipes his knife on the grass, flips it back together, picks up his buckets, and heads back into town to deliver these buckets to the Pokemart owner.
    The Shinx's eyes are absolutely empty as you speak to it. Outlet simply looks from you to the pokemon as you introduce them, then back at you, eyes blank.

    When you get back to the mart, the shopkeeper looks up and checks his watch. "What took you so long this time, kid?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Go Nightlock! Tackle the flaffy. Nightlock seems happy to go for the biggest one, and catapults at it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[2] Tackle, AC3 damage (2d8+17)[32] on crit (2d8+6)[12]

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Shinx's eyes are absolutely empty as you speak to it. Outlet simply looks from you to the pokemon as you introduce them, then back at you, eyes blank.

    When you get back to the mart, the shopkeeper looks up and checks his watch. "What took you so long this time, kid?"
    Pitch doesn't quite grin at the Shinx. He'd broken it perhaps a little too completely. He'd have to work a little harder to make it feel accepted into the family.

    "Some Luxio attacked me at the stream. I took care of them, even caught a Shinx out of the deal. Poor thing seems terrified, but I'll work on him. Anyways," he says as he heaves a bucket onto the counter. "Any chance of me picking up some hazard pay for that?" he jokes.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "...whoa!"

    Mordecai in fact shifted to a halt, staring at the enormous pokemon. Even Kamoho didn't have the particular desire to attempt to go bite it - it was exceptionally clear that this was entirely out of their league.

    Remembering, he beeped his pokedex at the thing, while otherwise just watching - curious what the trainer would do. He was in no way secretive about the fact that he was there and watching, but he certainly wasn't in the way.

    Kamoho, as was increasingly typical of him, was focused on the large thing's mouth from his vantage point on Mordecai's shoulder.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas didn't quite know what to make of the mystery man. Normal people didn't suddenly materialize out of nowhere, and he was by no means prepared to deal with the man. Gastly was injured and he was stuck in the middle of nowhere. He might have been able to outrun the man, but two Pokemon? Out of the question. How could something like this happen, and so early into his Pokemon adventure.

    Fear paralyzed him from the waist up but the sudden shaking at his waist snapped him back to reality. Orobas was still ready to fight. And if the Abra was ready, so was he. Nikolas quickly moved away from the newly arrived Pokemon and settled defensively.

    With a small gesture from its trainer, the small psychic type burst from its ball ready to attack.

    "You know what to do Orobas."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas shifts to K8 and returns Loki and releases Orobas at L9. Withdraw Pokedex to scan everything in sight.
    Orobas uses Hidden Power centered on I6.

    Accuracy Check - [roll0]
    Accuracy Check - [roll1]
    Accuracy Check - [roll2]

    Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll3]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll4]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll5]
    When you recall your Gastly, the mystery man laughs and says, "That won't help you, kid!" And when you release your Abra, he laughs even more. "Are you kidding me?! Those can't even--"

    His taunt is cut short my the blast of energy Orobas causes to burst from right behind him. "AGH!" The man is hurt, the distant yellow pokemon looks like it's in pain as well. But the pokemon closest to you is in even worse shape--it's out cold. "What the HELL?! Abra aren't supposed to do that..."

    His confusion is cut short by his other pokemon calling out in pain. "Yes, Xanatos! Peck away at him!" Your former foe's Natu, though clearly in pain, bravely attacks relentlessly, hitting a weak spot. The yellow pokemon relents to the assault and falls over unconscious as well.

    The mystery man looks back and forth at his two fallen pokemon and falls to his knees, arms over his head. "I surrender! I surrender! Please don't hurt me. Oh God, please don't hurt me..."

    Your pokedex beeps and returns info on "Makuhita" (the yellow pokemon), "Deino" (the close one) and "Natu" all at once.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Loki receives 140+80=220 EXP for the first part of the battle!
    Orobas receives 300+600=900 EXP for the second part of the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-18 at 12:47 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Go Nightlock! Tackle the flaffy. Nightlock seems happy to go for the biggest one, and catapults at it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[10] Tackle, AC3 damage (1d12+14)[25] on crit (1d20)[20]
    The Flaafy is unfortunately able to notice Nightlock's approach and dodge his attack. It eyes your Munchlax and then you guys incredulously as if to say, "We're just walking here!"

    "Uh oh, looks like they're on to us. Are you sure you don't want Noles to use Magnitude? For now, use Ember, Noles!"

    The Numel walks forward a few steps and aims a blast of flame at the same pokemon you just targeted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC 2 (1d20)[10]
    (1d12+14)[25]


    The Flaafy is angered and tells the Mareep to wait, it'll take care of this.

    It charges up some electricity and fires it at your Munchlax.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    (1d12+16)[22]
    18 more damage on critroll from OOC thread.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-18 at 12:43 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch doesn't quite grin at the Shinx. He'd broken it perhaps a little too completely. He'd have to work a little harder to make it feel accepted into the family.

    "Some Luxio attacked me at the stream. I took care of them, even caught a Shinx out of the deal. Poor thing seems terrified, but I'll work on him. Anyways," he says as he heaves a bucket onto the counter. "Any chance of me picking up some hazard pay for that?" he jokes.
    The shopkeeper raises an eyebrow at you. "Wow, really? I'm surprised a new trainer could handle multiple evolved pokemon. Nice job. But I'm sure the new pokemon and training are more than enough of a reward for that," he says, brushing off your question about hazard pay. Then he seems to rethink it. "Actually, here. Take a bottle of lemonade on the house for still getting the job done. You gonna keep going or is that all for you?" he asks as he tosses you a bottle of sparkling lemonade.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper raises an eyebrow at you. "Wow, really? I'm surprised a new trainer could handle multiple evolved pokemon. Nice job. But I'm sure the new pokemon and training are more than enough of a reward for that," he says, brushing off your question about hazard pay. Then he seems to rethink it. "Actually, here. Take a bottle of lemonade on the house for still getting the job done. You gonna keep going or is that all for you?" he asks as he tosses you a bottle of sparkling lemonade.
    Pitch catches the Lemonade and nods at the shopkeeper.

    "Nah, I'll make anther trip or three today. If you have an Aerial Ace TM, you might want to get it out. I'm putting that store credit to good use."

    Pitch will resume making trips, getting as many in as possible before about 6 o
    clock. He lets Shovel and Outlet roam a little on the way to the stream, but on the way back he makes sure they are returned. He keeps a close eye on Outlet, returning him if he makes any attempt to flee.

    He also keeps a keen eye out for wilds, scanning any he sees.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "...whoa!"

    Mordecai in fact shifted to a halt, staring at the enormous pokemon. Even Kamoho didn't have the particular desire to attempt to go bite it - it was exceptionally clear that this was entirely out of their league.

    Remembering, he beeped his pokedex at the thing, while otherwise just watching - curious what the trainer would do. He was in no way secretive about the fact that he was there and watching, but he certainly wasn't in the way.

    Kamoho, as was increasingly typical of him, was focused on the large thing's mouth from his vantage point on Mordecai's shoulder.
    Your pokedex beeps. It returns the pokemon's name shortly: "Salamence." The trainer seems to have been waiting for you to scan his pokemon, as soon after he returns it, nods to you, and walks into town.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Why do my pokemon have so many coordination problems? Leo runs up to Nightlock and applies a potion to him. Try again Nightlock, and focus this time!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dice gods, don't piss me off any more
    Potion (2d12+10)[27]
    Paralysis (1d20)[11]
    AC for tackle+ (1d20)[16]
    Damage(2d8+17)[21]
    Crit (yeah right) (2d8+6)[16]

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch catches the Lemonade and nods at the shopkeeper.

    "Nah, I'll make anther trip or three today. If you have an Aerial Ace TM, you might want to get it out. I'm putting that store credit to good use."

    Pitch will resume making trips, getting as many in as possible before about 6 o
    clock. He lets Shovel and Outlet roam a little on the way to the stream, but on the way back he makes sure they are returned. He keeps a close eye on Outlet, returning him if he makes any attempt to flee.

    He also keeps a keen eye out for wilds, scanning any he sees.
    The shopkeeper seems impressed by your dedication. "Brave. Lucky for you, a shipment just came in last night. I'm pretty sure a few Aerial Aces were in there."

    Shovel makes a few attemps to converse with the new Shinx, but Outlet doesn't reciprocate at all. He isn't going to flee, but he isn't going to speak either.

    Halfway to the river the first time, a flock of birds fly fairly low overhead, and you are able to scan them: Tailows.

    At the river, you see some fishlike pokemon dart by just close enough to scan: Goldeens.

    You return to the mart, drop off water, and head out once more. Just outside the gate this time, you see a battle between some trainers. You scan the two combatants: Fraxure and Drapion.

    Nothing else of note happens during that trip. When you step foot inside of town again, the clock on your pokedex reads 5:37.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas stared in muted shock, jaw literally dropped in surprise. When Avu had told him his Abra had great potential he didn't know he meant potential like this. Loki had done his part in the previous battle but nothing like the waves of energy Orobas was capable of. He was beginning to see what Avu meant about Pokemon. If he put work into raising Loki, would it become just as powerful?

    Tuckered out from its sudden expenditure of energy, Orobas crawls toward Nikolas and adorably tugs at his pants legs, eager to be picked up. Nikolas complies, giving the Pokemon a headrub for its efforts, it had definitely earned some rest now. All that was left was the mugger. In all honesty he wanted to run away and let the situation sort itself out, but that wasn't really fair to Orobas, who had practically saved his life. No, the world would be a better place with somebody like that locked behind bars, and he might as well follow through with his actions.

    He would need help though. Uncharacteristically, he called out to Shane, "I'm going to need help dragging him to the authorities." In an effort to aid their efforts, Orobas lifts the man by his collar with an unseen force, earning another headrub.

    "Return the Pokemon. Now."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Why do my pokemon have so many coordination problems? Leo runs up to Nightlock and applies a potion to him. Try again Nightlock, and focus this time!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dice gods, don't piss me off any more
    Potion (1d20)[9]
    Paralysis (1d12+14)[17]
    AC for tackle+ [roll2]
    Damage[roll3]
    Crit (yeah right) [roll4]
    Your Munchlax perks up when the soothing spray hits his skin, but quickly cringes as the electricity courses through him. He is, however, able to shrug it off long enough to launch himself at the Flaafy.

    The impact is hard enough to make the Flaafy falter very significantly, and when it gets up, it is teetering on the verge of unconsciousness.

    "This is my chance to get another pokemon!" Billy shouts as he launches a poke ball at the Flaafy. The ball encloses the pokemon, and falls to the ground. The pokemon only fights weakly against it, and soon the ball clicks shut. "Alright! Now turn your attention to one of the others, Noles!"

    The Numel turns and launches another blast of flame at one of the Mareeps. It singes the Mareep and looks to do a fair bit of damage.

    Without their leader, the Mareep seem unsure what to do. One decides to launch a blast of electricity at Noles, and the other two follow its lead. One of them also aims at Noles, while the third tries to hit your Munchlax.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock!
    AC 2 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[17]


    Noles is unfazed, and Shane runs up to retrieve his newly caught pokemon.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas stared in muted shock, jaw literally dropped in surprise. When Avu had told him his Abra had great potential he didn't know he meant potential like this. Loki had done his part in the previous battle but nothing like the waves of energy Orobas was capable of. He was beginning to see what Avu meant about Pokemon. If he put work into raising Loki, would it become just as powerful?

    Tuckered out from its sudden expenditure of energy, Orobas crawls toward Nikolas and adorably tugs at his pants legs, eager to be picked up. Nikolas complies, giving the Pokemon a headrub for its efforts, it had definitely earned some rest now. All that was left was the mugger. In all honesty he wanted to run away and let the situation sort itself out, but that wasn't really fair to Orobas, who had practically saved his life. No, the world would be a better place with somebody like that locked behind bars, and he might as well follow through with his actions.

    He would need help though. Uncharacteristically, he called out to Shane, "I'm going to need help dragging him to the authorities." In an effort to aid their efforts, Orobas lifts the man by his collar with an unseen force, earning another headrub.

    "Return the Pokemon. Now."
    "Sure thing, man!" Shane says as he runs over to the crook.

    "Y-yes sir, of c-course," he stutters as he returns the unconscious pokemon to their pokeballs.

    Shane picks up the man's leg, helped by your Abra's telekinetic lifting. "Dude, you are in so much trouble. I hope the Rangers bring Avu in to see you. He's going to fry your brain, man. No joke. You're screwed."

    The man is shaking his head. He's clearly in denial. "Can't believe two kids took down my pokemon. They were so strong. It's not fair. I stole them fair and square..."

    You lead the way back to town.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ranger outpost is just a little ways inside the town gate, and it's where most people would take a criminal. You also have the option to take him straight to Avu, if you wish.

    Oh, and have a Story Reward level!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Though he wanted to bring the criminal to Avu himself, he did not want to impose on the man, especially when the proper authorities were prepared to deal with such matters. He could however, call the man, and ask him to come over if possible. Without looking at Shane, Nikolas responded, "There is no reason that we cannot do both."

    Rather than elaborate, Nikolas instead pulls out his Pokegear to call the psychic gym leader.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Though he wanted to bring the criminal to Avu himself, he did not want to impose on the man, especially when the proper authorities were prepared to deal with such matters. He could however, call the man, and ask him to come over if possible. Without looking at Shane, Nikolas responded, "There is no reason that we cannot do both."

    Rather than elaborate, Nikolas instead pulls out his Pokegear to call the psychic gym leader.
    Shane and the criminal ask, "Huh?"

    You're too busy listening to your Pokegear ring to hear them. Two rings in, Avu picks up. "Hey, Nikolas. Everything alright?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas quirked an eyebrow at the other two. Hadn't Avu given his phone numbers out to every child? Was that not normal? Was he a big deal or something. He should have kept his mouth shut. Suddenly feeling awkward, Nikolas does his best to ignore Shane and the criminal, and continues to lead them toward the Ranger Station.

    "Hello, I'm calling about a criminal I helped to apprehend today. I'm bringing him to the Ranger Station now and I was wondering if you kind of maybe wanted to come too? He had a dark-type on his team and I thought maybe you could adopt it. I kind of hurt of hurt it while fighting the mugger."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-18 at 02:16 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •