Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas quirked an eyebrow at the other two. Hadn't Avu given his phone numbers out to every child? Was that not normal? Was he a big deal or something. He should have kept his mouth shut. Suddenly feeling awkward, Nikolas does his best to ignore Shane and the criminal, and continues to lead them toward the Ranger Station.

    "Hello, I'm calling about a criminal I helped to apprehend today. I'm bringing him to the Ranger Station now and I was wondering if you kind of maybe wanted to come too? He had a dark-type on his team and I thought maybe you could adopt it. I kind of hurt of hurt it while fighting the mugger."
    You can hear the sound of a pencil scratching in the background as Avu speaks. "You've already caught a criminal?" The same pride from the last phone call emanates in his voice. "Impressive. Looks like I surely wasn't wrong about you. " Some papers shuffle around. "Unfortunately I can't make it over there at the moment, I've got some paperwork to get done. The League has us send full reports on all of our starter battles, and on top of that something...unfortunate happened during one of the battles down in Port Tidings today."

    "But I digress; I shall head over to the Ranger Station as soon as I can to consult with the authorities on the criminal and examine the pokemon you mentioned. Congratulations on doing the world some good today, Nikolas. Give Captain Lowe my regards.
    "

    After your goodbye, Avu hangs up. By this time you're only a few steps from the Ranger Station's front door.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas enters the Ranger Station with the criminal in tow, careful not to bother anybody working. Once inside, he motions for Shane to carry the other half of the man's body inside the entrance. Nikolas looks around passively, searching for some sort of bin there were supposed to deposit criminals at. Finding no such receptacle, he instead approaches the front desk with his news. "I have apprehended a criminal with a fellow Pokemon trainer. Avu informed me of a Captain Lowe. I would wish to speak with him."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If there are any interesting Pokemon around, Nikolas will scan them.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas enters the Ranger Station with the criminal in tow, careful not to bother anybody working. Once inside, he motions for Shane to carry the other half of the man's body inside the entrance. Nikolas looks around passively, searching for some sort of bin there were supposed to deposit criminals at. Finding no such receptacle, he instead approaches the front desk with his news. "I have apprehended a criminal with a fellow Pokemon trainer. Avu informed me of a Captain Lowe. I would wish to speak with him."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If there are any interesting Pokemon around, Nikolas will scan them.
    You scan one of a pair of large muscular four-armed pokemon guarding the door on the right--Machamp. Two Rangers on your left are conversing with their pokemon out--Donphan and Jynx.

    The man working the desk doesn't look up until he hears "Avu" and "Captain Lowe" mentioned. "Friend of Sylum's, huh?" He hits a button on the panel in front of him. "Captain Lowe, please come to the front. Captain Lowe, please come to the front."

    A few moments later, a gruff looking man barges through the door the Machamps are guarding. "What! I told you to--oh, what have we here? Another Ostra thug, huh?" he asks, looking at the criminal and then at you and Shane. "I suppose he's with you two?"

    The thug groans. "Boss is gonna be so mad at me..."

    "Shut it! You, speak," he says, looking at you.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-18 at 02:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Salamence.

    Now there was a pokemon he'd remember for some time. And it seemed like the trainer had been waiting for him to finish scanning.

    He /really/ should leave the trainer alone - few trainers liked being hounded, especially by rookies. But... he had to know where the guy was going at least - was he here to meet with Leia? Was something wrong?

    Curiosity having clearly gotten the better of him, he followed the trainer. Kept himself a distance away, though.

    ...he felt kind of like a stalker, doing this, but curiosity did that to people.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Keep it up Nightlock! Leo pulls out an empty pokeball, and throws it at the mareep that was hit by ember. Go after the two that haven't been hit

    Spoiler
    Show
    basic ball (1d100+5)[16]
    Munchlax paralysis roll (beat 8) (1d20)[12]
    Tackle, AC 3 (1d20)[19] Damage (2d8+17)[24] on crit (2d8+6)[12]
    Oh, and just so I don't forget again, nightlock will be using pickup at the end of the encounter
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-18 at 09:59 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper seems impressed by your dedication. "Brave. Lucky for you, a shipment just came in last night. I'm pretty sure a few Aerial Aces were in there."

    Shovel makes a few attemps to converse with the new Shinx, but Outlet doesn't reciprocate at all. He isn't going to flee, but he isn't going to speak either.

    Halfway to the river the first time, a flock of birds fly fairly low overhead, and you are able to scan them: Tailows.

    At the river, you see some fishlike pokemon dart by just close enough to scan: Goldeens.

    You return to the mart, drop off water, and head out once more. Just outside the gate this time, you see a battle between some trainers. You scan the two combatants: Fraxure and Drapion.

    Nothing else of note happens during that trip. When you step foot inside of town again, the clock on your pokedex reads 5:37.
    Pitch happily scans the Pokemon, a little bit sad that they were all too fleeting to be able to be caught. The Shinx seems emotionless, which is good. It is at rock bottom. As broken as Pitch will ever get it. Now he can slowly put it back together into what he wants.

    As he brings the last three bucketfulls into the shop, he looks at the shopkeeper. "Double if store credit, right?" he says, just to make sure. "One Aerial Ace and a Potion," he says. Thales would be stronger from the move, much stronger. He doesn't know what his next purchase will be, but he may just work this tomorrow and stock up on medical supplies before he heads out.

    Pitch heads to the Pokemon Center to get himself and his Pokemon healed and asks to have the Aerial Ace applied to Thales. After that, he gets his Pokegear back, then looks up the diets and how to care for Oshawott, Drilbur, and Shinx on his Pokedex, still paying a little bit of attention in case a potential battle should appear.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Thanks. I was lucky to have the type advantage like that. But wow, I'm really glad we decided to travel together. Can you imagine how bad that would've been if we were alone? I mean, I've heard the roads are dangerous, but...yikes."

    The nurse returns with your pokemon. "So it's about time for dinner, want me to whip something up? These centers have a neat little kitchenette and I can make anything you or Randel like!"
    "Sure, thank you. I'm not sure what kind of food Randel would like to eat yet, but I don't have any preferences. Can I help? I-I mean, I'm not too good at cooking, but even so..." Randel bobbles up and down beside her, seeming slightly exasperated at her shift back.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Salamence.

    Now there was a pokemon he'd remember for some time. And it seemed like the trainer had been waiting for him to finish scanning.

    He /really/ should leave the trainer alone - few trainers liked being hounded, especially by rookies. But... he had to know where the guy was going at least - was he here to meet with Leia? Was something wrong?

    Curiosity having clearly gotten the better of him, he followed the trainer. Kept himself a distance away, though.

    ...he felt kind of like a stalker, doing this, but curiosity did that to people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For timeline clarity, this takes place while Pitch is inside the Port Tidings Gym speaking with Leia.


    You do your best to follow the man. He walks at a fairly deliberate pace, so it's isn't very difficult to keep up. As far as you can tell, he is looking down at his Pokegear most of the time as he walks. Being nighttime, there aren't people walking around town to distract either of you.

    He walks past the turn that leads to the Gym and past the one that goes to the Center. A catlike pokemon suddenly slinks up to him, and he crouches down to pet it. It follows along when he stands up again and continues on his way.

    You follow him through most of the town until he reaches the harbor. He turns and heads toward the lighthouse. When he gets to the door, he pets the kitty, scans his Pokegear on the entry lock, and waks in, closing the door behind him.

    The cat pokemon retraces its steps, going past you. If you scan it, you'll be informed that it's a Skitty. Since access to the lighthouse is restricted, you won't be able to follow the man inside.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Keep it up Nightlock! Leo pulls out an empty pokeball, and throws it at the mareep that was hit by ember. Go after the two that haven't been hit

    Spoiler
    Show
    basic ball [roll0]
    Munchlax paralysis roll (beat 8) [roll1]
    Tackle, AC 3 [roll2] Damage [roll3] on crit [roll4]
    Oh, and just so I don't forget again, nightlock will be using pickup at the end of the encounter
    The pokeball makes contact with the Mareep and sucks it inside in a flash of light. The pokeball shakes a bit as the Mareep fights, but ends up clicking shut before too long. You caught Mareep!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 8, Female
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Nature: Docile
    HP 6 (+1)
    ATK 4
    DEF 4 (-2)
    SATK 7
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 4
    42% HP


    Nightlock connects and knocks the wind out of his target, and Noles follows it up with a quick blast of fire to knock the Mareep unconscious.

    The remaining Mareep, panicked at the loss of everyone else, charges into Noles in desperation. It does some damage, but the Numel remains standing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for pickup now just in case I forget too: [roll0]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch happily scans the Pokemon, a little bit sad that they were all too fleeting to be able to be caught. The Shinx seems emotionless, which is good. It is at rock bottom. As broken as Pitch will ever get it. Now he can slowly put it back together into what he wants.

    As he brings the last three bucketfulls into the shop, he looks at the shopkeeper. "Double if store credit, right?" he says, just to make sure. "One Aerial Ace and a Potion," he says. Thales would be stronger from the move, much stronger. He doesn't know what his next purchase will be, but he may just work this tomorrow and stock up on medical supplies before he heads out.

    Pitch heads to the Pokemon Center to get himself and his Pokemon healed and asks to have the Aerial Ace applied to Thales. After that, he gets his Pokegear back, then looks up the diets and how to care for Oshawott, Drilbur, and Shinx on his Pokedex, still paying a little bit of attention in case a potential battle should appear.
    The shopkeeper nods about store credit doubling your pay, and he already has the Aerial Ace TM on the counter when you ask. He pulls out a Potion as well and sells them to you. "Capitalism at its finest."

    The nurse at the pokemon center is the same one as the previous day. Perhaps someone spoke to her about things, as she is much less surly today. She takes your pokemon and heals them, then returns them to you but keeps Thales. "Your Oshawott should be ready shortly, Sir. We can also give him some food, he looks famished! And here you go," she says, reaching down and handing you your Pokegear.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Sure, thank you. I'm not sure what kind of food Randel would like to eat yet, but I don't have any preferences. Can I help? I-I mean, I'm not too good at cooking, but even so..." Randel bobbles up and down beside her, seeming slightly exasperated at her shift back.
    Stephanie looks at Randel. "Hmm. I can usually tell what kind of food a pokemon likes...but it seems your Magnemite really has no preference? Except...wait...it doesn't like spicy food. Well, alrighty then, we'll make something sweet!" she says as you two walk into the kitchenette.

    "And sure, I'd love the help. Just hand me a..." The next half hour passes with you assisting her as she whips up a tasty sweet dinner. "Voila!" She actually makes quite a bit more than you and your pokemon can eat in one meal, and packs up the leftovers for the road.

    You guys sit down to eat, and she opens the dinner conversation with an open ended, "So tell me about yourself, Celeste!"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper nods about store credit doubling your pay, and he already has the Aerial Ace TM on the counter when you ask. He pulls out a Potion as well and sells them to you. "Capitalism at its finest."

    The nurse at the pokemon center is the same one as the previous day. Perhaps someone spoke to her about things, as she is much less surly today. She takes your pokemon and heals them, then returns them to you but keeps Thales. "Your Oshawott should be ready shortly, Sir. We can also give him some food, he looks famished! And here you go," she says, reaching down and handing you your Pokegear.
    "Thank you," he says to the nurse. "I was just going to go do that. What do you know about care for Oshawott, Drilbur, and Shinx? I'd look it up, but I figure somebody who has dedicated their life to Pokemon knows more than the Pokenet."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The pokeball makes contact with the Mareep and sucks it inside in a flash of light. The pokeball shakes a bit as the Mareep fights, but ends up clicking shut before too long. You caught Mareep!

    Nightlock connects and knocks the wind out of his target, and Noles follows it up with a quick blast of fire to knock the Mareep unconscious.

    The remaining Mareep, panicked at the loss of everyone else, charges into Noles in desperation. It does some damage, but the Numel remains standing.
    Let's try and wrap this up. Nightlock, Tackle! The Munchlax barreled at the last mareep, excited to be out and about.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Takcle, AC 3 (1d20)[8] Damage (2d8+17)[29] On crit (2d8+6)[22]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-18 at 05:58 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Huh... to the lighthouse. And with that, he's clearly authorized inside.

    That certainly did not stop Mordecai's curiosity, but it did halt his current attempt to solve it. He put away his pokedex, having scanned the skitty as well.

    "Dile?"

    "Oh, we're not allowed inside."

    Which was in no way what the totodile had been asking - now that it was late, he wanted to get back to the center. Still, that became moot as Mordecai continued, "I guess that's that. Man, I wonder what he's doing."

    He stared up at the lighthouse for a couple more moments before turning around. "Either way, it's late. Let's get some rest, Kamoho."

    He then trotted back to the pokemon centre - time for some pokemon restoration, and then sleep.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-18 at 06:42 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thank you," he says to the nurse. "I was just going to go do that. What do you know about care for Oshawott, Drilbur, and Shinx? I'd look it up, but I figure somebody who has dedicated their life to Pokemon knows more than the Pokenet."
    Her voice notably perks up, evidently happy that you care enough about your pokemon to ask. "Well, I can't get too specific about your pokemon since I'd have to get to know them, but I can give you some general tips."

    "Oshawott and Drilbur are herbivores, so they'll be healthy dining on fruits and vegetables. Shinx, on the other hand, is a through-and-through carnivore so he'll be at his best with a steady supply of meat.
    "

    She proceeds to describe general grooming and playtime tips to keep your pokemon happy.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Her voice notably perks up, evidently happy that you care enough about your pokemon to ask. "Well, I can't get too specific about your pokemon since I'd have to get to know them, but I can give you some general tips."

    "Oshawott and Drilbur are herbivores, so they'll be healthy dining on fruits and vegetables. Shinx, on the other hand, is a through-and-through carnivore so he'll be at his best with a steady supply of meat.
    "

    She proceeds to describe general grooming and playtime tips to keep your pokemon happy.
    Pitch nods, happy for the advice. When he gets Thales back, he nods. "Thanks for the tips; I'll make sure to use them later."

    Pitch proceeds to go find himself some food; someplace cheap, a burger joint perhaps? After that he swings by the market to pick up some food for his Pokemon, following what was told to him by the nurse. After that he goes to find a cheap motel where he can spend the night and rents a room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total cost here?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  17. - Top - End - #377
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Let's try and wrap this up. Nightlock, Tackle! The Munchlax barreled at the last mareep, excited to be out and about.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Takcle, AC 3 [roll0] Damage [roll1] On crit [roll2]
    The Mareep's legs shake as it tries to stand back up following Nightlock's attack. Noles then finishes it off with another tackle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nightlock receives 840 (480+360) EXP from the battle!


    Billy runs up to the fray to spray a potion on Noles and retrieve his newly caught Flaafy. "Hooray! I got my second pokemon! But you caught one too, huh? Still one ahead of me, darn. So what should we do now?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Huh... to the lighthouse. And with that, he's clearly authorized inside.

    That certainly did not stop Mordecai's curiosity, but it did halt his current attempt to solve it. He put away his pokedex, having scanned the skitty as well.

    "Dile?"

    "Oh, we're not allowed inside."

    Which was in no way what the totodile had been asking - now that it was late, he wanted to get back to the center. Still, that became moot as Mordecai continued, "I guess that's that. Man, I wonder what he's doing."

    He stared up at the lighthouse for a couple more moments before turning around. "Either way, it's late. Let's get some rest, Kamoho."

    He then trotted back to the pokemon centre - time for some pokemon restoration, and then sleep.
    By the time you reach the center, it is rather late. "Geez, what's with young kids being up so late today?" the night shift nurse asks mostly to herself when you walk in. "How can I help you, kid?"

    She takes your pokemon to get healed and then comes back to return them to you. "In case you want to ask about a place to sleep too, I'm sorry but we're all full in the trainer cot room tonight. There's a pretty reasonably priced hotel not too far from here, though. It's out the door, to the right, and three doors down on your left."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-20 at 12:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods, happy for the advice. When he gets Thales back, he nods. "Thanks for the tips; I'll make sure to use them later."

    Pitch proceeds to go find himself some food; someplace cheap, a burger joint perhaps? After that he swings by the market to pick up some food for his Pokemon, following what was told to him by the nurse. After that he goes to find a cheap motel where he can spend the night and rents a room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total cost here?
    You wander about and end up at a cheap seafood joint before too long. It costs ^50 to eat some freshly caught fish from the ocean. Then you go and buy some food for Shovel and Outlet, which costs you ^100 total.

    You then find a reasonably priced motel near the Center where the clerk rents you a room for the night, running you ^100. He even does so without asking you any questions beyond your name.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You scan one of a pair of large muscular four-armed pokemon guarding the door on the right--Machamp. Two Rangers on your left are conversing with their pokemon out--Donphan and Jynx.

    The man working the desk doesn't look up until he hears "Avu" and "Captain Lowe" mentioned. "Friend of Sylum's, huh?" He hits a button on the panel in front of him. "Captain Lowe, please come to the front. Captain Lowe, please come to the front."

    A few moments later, a gruff looking man barges through the door the Machamps are guarding. "What! I told you to--oh, what have we here? Another Ostra thug, huh?" he asks, looking at the criminal and then at you and Shane. "I suppose he's with you two?"

    The thug groans. "Boss is gonna be so mad at me..."

    "Shut it! You, speak," he says, looking at you.
    Nikolas bows his head slightly before he reports to the good captain. He fills him in on the details and circumstances leading up to their battle outside of town and then gets into the sudden appearance of the mugger and how his Abra had defeated the man and his two Pokemon. He also adds that Shane helped him finish off the the fighting-type Pokemon.

    He finishes off his report by mentioning Avu. "Avu sends you his regards, sir. If it is at all possible would like to request that the man's Deino be relinquished to Avu's care."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You wander about and end up at a cheap seafood joint before too long. It costs ^50 to eat some freshly caught fish from the ocean. Then you go and buy some food for Shovel and Outlet, which costs you ^100 total.

    You then find a reasonably priced motel near the Center where the clerk rents you a room for the night, running you ^100. He even does so without asking you any questions beyond your name.
    Pitch happily eats; he hadn't known he was so hungry. Seems he had picked a good motel though; less questions was always better. Pitch goes into the room, flopping down on the bed. Carrying the water had been a lot of work, a lot more than he'd expected. Anyways, he had gotten a new TM out of it, so it was definitely worth it. Pitch lays out the food for Shovel and Outlet, releasing them as well as Thales.

    "Hello my friends," Pitch says with an evil grin. "We need to talk."

    "You are all a part of my team. We will become the strongest team there is. Follow me, and you will be rewarded. Rebel, and you will be punished. For example: You all did well today, especially you Outlet,," he says, picking up the small Shinx. "In return for that, I will take care of you, pet you. You like that, do you not?" Pitch says, stroking the small lion Pokemon. "Thales has had his reward. He has been taught two moves now that make him stronger than he was before. Shovel, tomorrow we will buy you a TM. You will help carry the buckets as well to become stronger. Do well, and you will learn a new powerful move," he says, temporarily setting aside the Shinx and flipping out his switchblade. He grabs the Drilbur, pulls him up....

    And starts to use the blade to clean the Pokemon's claws like the nurse had told him. When he finishes, he sets the mole back on the ground and goes back to petting the Shinx.

    "The four of us can either be friends that are mutually beneficial, or we can be enemies out to harm each other. I would prefer the first, wouldn't you?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas bows his head slightly before he reports to the good captain. He fills him in on the details and circumstances leading up to their battle outside of town and then gets into the sudden appearance of the mugger and how his Abra had defeated the man and his two Pokemon. He also adds that Shane helped him finish off the the fighting-type Pokemon.

    He finishes off his report by mentioning Avu. "Avu sends you his regards, sir. If it is at all possible would like to request that the man's Deino be relinquished to Avu's care."
    Captain Lowe gets out a pen and paper and jots down notes while nodding as you tell him what happened. He doesn't seem particularly fazed by the part where the man suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

    He does, however, react when you mention Avu. "Certainly, I'll bring the Deino to Avu once it's been properly screened. I can't think of many better places for a pokemon to be than under that man's care."

    When you're finished relating your story, Captain Lowe looks to Shane to see if he has anything to add. "Do you have anything to add, young man?"

    Shane shakes his head. "That's about it. But you should totally have Mister Sylum interrogate this guy! He'll break in an instant."

    "No!"

    Captain Lowe motions for another couple of Rangers to take the criminal back through the guarded doors, presumably to some holding area. "No need to interrogate this lowly thug. He works for an organization called 'Team Ostra' which commits crimes like this all over Wuhtu. They're a big thorn in our sides as Rangers, and everyone from around here owes you boys a debt for getting this guy off the street."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch happily eats; he hadn't known he was so hungry. Seems he had picked a good motel though; less questions was always better. Pitch goes into the room, flopping down on the bed. Carrying the water had been a lot of work, a lot more than he'd expected. Anyways, he had gotten a new TM out of it, so it was definitely worth it. Pitch lays out the food for Shovel and Outlet, releasing them as well as Thales.

    "Hello my friends," Pitch says with an evil grin. "We need to talk."

    "You are all a part of my team. We will become the strongest team there is. Follow me, and you will be rewarded. Rebel, and you will be punished. For example: You all did well today, especially you Outlet,," he says, picking up the small Shinx. "In return for that, I will take care of you, pet you. You like that, do you not?" Pitch says, stroking the small lion Pokemon. "Thales has had his reward. He has been taught two moves now that make him stronger than he was before. Shovel, tomorrow we will buy you a TM. You will help carry the buckets as well to become stronger. Do well, and you will learn a new powerful move," he says, temporarily setting aside the Shinx and flipping out his switchblade. He grabs the Drilbur, pulls him up....

    And starts to use the blade to clean the Pokemon's claws like the nurse had told him. When he finishes, he sets the mole back on the ground and goes back to petting the Shinx.
    For the first time since the Shinx's outburst, he shows a bit of emotion. While you pet him, you see a fleeting smile flash across Outlet's face.

    Shovel seems to be excited at the prospect of learning a new move and appreciates it when you clean his claws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "The four of us can either be friends that are mutually beneficial, or we can be enemies out to harm each other. I would prefer the first, wouldn't you?"
    "I would prefer the second, actually." A man suddenly materializes at the foot of your bed! He releases a two-foot tall yellow humanoid pokemon with a large head. Then the man taunts you. "Too bad you won't be able to stop me from taking your pokemon!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    <Surprised Round>
    Taunt!
    Completely messed up rolls. They're in this post from the OOC.


    The man then releases two more pokemon, one a muscular red piglike pokemon and the other a bluish duck pokemon. "Kreggs, show them we mean business!"

    The yellow humanoid pokemon charges at Shovel and launches its large head into the Drilbur's chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Headbutt!
    Completely messed up rolls. They're in this post from the OOC.


    Shovel is knocked down by the blow, and you are unsure whether he will be able to get back up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    For this turn only, you may command all of your pokemon to act as one trainer action and perform one additional trainer action as well. Map!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-20 at 01:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    For the first time since the Shinx's outburst, he shows a bit of emotion. While you pet him, you see a fleeting smile flash across Outlet's face.

    Shovel seems to be excited at the prospect of learning a new move and appreciates it when you clean his claws.



    "I would prefer the second, actually." A man suddenly materializes at the foot of your bed! He releases a two-foot tall yellow humanoid pokemon with a large head. Then the man taunts you. "Too bad you won't be able to stop me from taking your pokemon!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    <Surprised Round>
    Taunt!
    Completely messed up rolls. They're in this post from the OOC.


    The man then releases two more pokemon, one a muscular red piglike pokemon and the other a bluish duck pokemon. "Kreggs, show them we mean business!"

    The yellow humanoid pokemon charges at Shovel and launches its large head into the Drilbur's chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Headbutt!
    Completely messed up rolls. They're in this post from the OOC.


    Spoiler
    Show
    For this turn only, you may command all of your pokemon to act as one trainer action and perform one additional trainer action as well. Map!
    The headbutt may have almost taken down Shovel, but the Drilbur wasn't out of the fight yet.

    Pitch leaps off the bed, cursing. Lucky he was cleaning the Drilbur's claws, because his switchblade was already in his hand. Infuriated that the man had interrupted his speech, Pitch slashes his across the chest, then goes back for a stab, setting his Pokedex to a wide scan as he does so, grinning like a maniac.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch Shifts to C3!
    Pitch uses Stab Fest!
    AC: 4 (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[16]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[18]
    And again!
    AC: 4 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[13]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[13]


    Thales doesn't even need an order; without a command he leaps forward to try out his new move, aiming to cut down the pig.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales Shifts through X2 and ends up at E3 behind the man. Aerial Ace time!
    AC: Can't miss, roll for Crit. (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (2d10+19)[32]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[16]


    "Outlet, fry the duck!"

    The Shinx roars, electricity arcing forward to kill the duck just as he had done with his former family.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet uses Thundershock! Shift to C1.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[7]
    Paralyze 17-20
    Damage: (1d12+11)[19]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[17]


    Shovel, knocked against the wall, is the last to recover. Angry, he slashes his claw at the newcomer, aiming to rake its bulbous head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel uses Scratch!
    AC: 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+18)[26]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[18]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  25. - Top - End - #385
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The headbutt may have almost taken down Shovel, but the Drilbur wasn't out of the fight yet.

    Pitch leaps off the bed, cursing. Lucky he was cleaning the Drilbur's claws, because his switchblade was already in his hand. Infuriated that the man had interrupted his speech, Pitch slashes his across the chest, then goes back for a stab, setting his Pokedex to a wide scan as he does so, grinning like a maniac.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch Shifts to C3!
    Pitch uses Stab Fest!
    AC: 4 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (5d12+22)[48]
    Crit: [roll2]
    And again!
    AC: 4 [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]


    Thales doesn't even need an order; without a command he leaps forward to try out his new move, aiming to cut down the pig.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales Shifts through X2 and ends up at E3 behind the man. Aerial Ace time!
    AC: Can't miss, roll for Crit. [roll6]
    Damage: [roll7]
    Crit: [roll8]


    "Outlet, fry the duck!"

    The Shinx roars, electricity arcing forward to kill the duck just as he had done with his former family.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet uses Thundershock! Shift to C1.
    AC: 2 [roll9]
    Paralyze 17-20
    Damage: [roll10]
    Crit: [roll11]


    Shovel, knocked against the wall, is the last to recover. Angry, he slashes his claw at the newcomer, aiming to rake its bulbous head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel uses Scratch!
    AC: 2 [roll12]
    Damage: [roll13]
    Crit: [roll14]
    Your pokedex beeps and searches for information.

    Your mad lunges work to great effect. The opening slash opens up a cut across the man's chest, and the follow-up stab reaches quite deep into his abdomen. He shuts his in pain, and doesn't open them for a few seconds. During those seconds, however...

    Thales deftly uses his newly learned technique quite successfully, and his four-legged enemy drops to its knees as a result of the blow. It tries its best to get back up and only just manages to do so.

    Your Shinx taps into the same unadulterated rage that fueled his previous murders, and this time the result is no different. Electricity courses through the poor duck pokemon and it drops to the ground in an instant, dead.

    Shovel's claws find a weak spot and do a ton of damage. His target is spun around and faceplants into the floor, unconscious.

    The man opens his eyes to see his team in shambles: one barely standing, one barely breathing, and one completely gone. Though deeply injure from your assault, he desperately retaliates by aiming a roundhouse kick at your chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mega Kick!
    AC 6 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (5d12+22)[48]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your pokedex beeps and searches for information.

    Your mad lunges work to great effect. The opening slash opens up a cut across the man's chest, and the follow-up stab reaches quite deep into his abdomen. He shuts his in pain, and doesn't open them for a few seconds. During those seconds, however...

    Thales deftly uses his newly learned technique quite successfully, and his four-legged enemy drops to its knees as a result of the blow. It tries its best to get back up and only just manages to do so.

    Your Shinx taps into the same unadulterated rage that fueled his previous murders, and this time the result is no different. Electricity courses through the poor duck pokemon and it drops to the ground in an instant, dead.

    Shovel's claws find a weak spot and do a ton of damage. His target is spun around and faceplants into the floor, unconscious.

    The man opens his eyes to see his team in shambles: one barely standing, one barely breathing, and one completely gone. Though deeply injure from your assault, he desperately retaliates by aiming a roundhouse kick at your chest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mega Kick!
    AC 6 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[20]
    Pitch doesn't stop attacking at the kick, although it knocks the wind out of him and almost drops him.

    "Thales! Pig!" he shouts, lunging forward to finish off the man. Thales steps back, then dives forward to finish the pig.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch:
    AC: 4 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[20]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[15]

    Thales:
    AC: 3 (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[22]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[13]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Mareep's legs shake as it tries to stand back up following Nightlock's attack. Noles then finishes it off with another tackle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nightlock receives 840 (480+360) EXP from the battle!


    Billy runs up to the fray to spray a potion on Noles and retrieve his newly caught Flaafy. "Hooray! I got my second pokemon! But you caught one too, huh? Still one ahead of me, darn. So what should we do now?"
    Leo walks behind Billy, picks up the pokeball that contains the mareep, and congratulates Nightlock quietly. Then, he turns to Billy,Well we can't just leave them here, or they'll be eaten by something nasty. We should take them to the center, where they can be healed. We can either attempt to catch them, or we can give them to Halle, who will send them to the gym leader that uses electric pokemon.

    Leo releases Piri Piri, who looks dazed by the sunlight for a second. Will the two of you help me get these mareep back to the pokemon center? The two of them nodded vigorously, and together, picked up a mareep and started carrying towards the city. Well Billy, want to lend me a hand?

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Stephanie looks at Randel. "Hmm. I can usually tell what kind of food a pokemon likes...but it seems your Magnemite really has no preference? Except...wait...it doesn't like spicy food. Well, alrighty then, we'll make something sweet!" she says as you two walk into the kitchenette.

    "And sure, I'd love the help. Just hand me a..." The next half hour passes with you assisting her as she whips up a tasty sweet dinner. "Voila!" She actually makes quite a bit more than you and your pokemon can eat in one meal, and packs up the leftovers for the road.

    You guys sit down to eat, and she opens the dinner conversation with an open ended, "So tell me about yourself, Celeste!"
    "T-there's not really much to talk about," she said, looking at the plate of food for a moment. Her traveling partner was friendly and nice, but telling her about everything, her family and all, seemed to be a little too soon. "My father took care of me alone, growing up. I wanted to be a Pokemon trainer to see more things in the world, and I talked him into let me go." 'Talked' was probably too weak a word for that argument, she reflected briefly, but she looked back up at Stephanie. "What about you? You're going to Elrem Forest for berries for your grandparents, after all, so I take it you're pretty close to your family?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai couldn't help but grin at the comment. Ideally, after all, he'd like to be at least paritally nightshifted - that was when the world tended to be at its most dangerous, and thus the people who needed help then were in more dire straits.

    But, after the poochyena, definitely not right now. Hateful things.

    Anyway - no room at the centre was definitely a worry.

    "Oh. Thank you for that! But I can go to the rang...."

    ...when he paused. Yes, he could go probably find lodging with the rangers, but at the moment he was not acting as a ranger, he was acting as a pokemon trainer. He hadn't given money a second thought since starting this journey this... morning.

    ...wow, this morning felt like it was years ago.

    "Hm. I mean, thanks."

    Hopping out the door, Kamoho snapped his jaws in what was technically a yawn but made Mordecai presume boredom-so-bite-things. Yeesh.

    He followed the directions to the hotel.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch doesn't stop attacking at the kick, although it knocks the wind out of him and almost drops him.

    "Thales! Pig!" he shouts, lunging forward to finish off the man. Thales steps back, then dives forward to finish the pig.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch:
    AC: 4 (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]

    Thales:
    AC: 3 [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]
    The man, clearly having spent almost all his remaining energy on the roundhouse kick, manages to summon enough strength to attempt to parry your blow and disarm you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Riposte!
    (1d20+4)[22] -> "If the result is 20 or higher, the target’s attack fails and their weapon is knocked 5m away. They must spend a trainer action to retrieve the weapon. A Trainer losing a Weapon as a result of Riposte may make a check to resist losing their Weapon on a 16 or better on 1d20 adding their STR modifier"

    Afterward, he calls out to his remaining pokemon. "Watch out!"

    The pig's eyes widen as Thales barrels into it and the blow is enough to send the pig sprawling onto the floor. It doesn't get up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales gains 390*1.2=468 EXP from the battle!
    Shovel and Outlet each gain 300*1.2=360 EXP from the battle!


    The man drops to his knees, his pokemon defeated and quite injured himself. His eyes are closed and his head down. "I surrender."

    Your pokedex chimes in with full information on the three pokemon you just battled. (Tepig, Scraggy, and Ducklett).

    Spoiler
    Show
    Have a story reward level! Yum.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 11:09 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •