Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo walks behind Billy, picks up the pokeball that contains the mareep, and congratulates Nightlock quietly. Then, he turns to Billy,Well we can't just leave them here, or they'll be eaten by something nasty. We should take them to the center, where they can be healed. We can either attempt to catch them, or we can give them to Halle, who will send them to the gym leader that uses electric pokemon.

    Leo releases Piri Piri, who looks dazed by the sunlight for a second. Will the two of you help me get these mareep back to the pokemon center? The two of them nodded vigorously, and together, picked up a mareep and started carrying towards the city. Well Billy, want to lend me a hand?
    "Sure thing," Billy says as he hoists up one end of the remaining Mareep. Together, you all start walking back toward town. Every so often Noles will fire an ember into the air just for fun.

    "I think we should give them to Halle. She'll know what's best for these two. Plus she's pretty easy on the eyes, huh?" Billy asks with a smirk.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Sure thing," Billy says as he hoists up one end of the remaining Mareep. Together, you all start walking back toward town. Every so often Noles will fire an ember into the air just for fun.

    "I think we should give them to Halle. She'll know what's best for these two. Plus she's pretty easy on the eyes, huh?" Billy asks with a smirk.
    As they make their way to the gym, Leo scans any pokemon he sees. When they reach the gym, Leo goes to get Halle. Hey Halle. Billy and I just found some wild mareep and a flaffy. I was wondering if you could send the two mareep that we didn't catch to the gym that uses electric pokemon? Also, when you have a minute, I'd like to talk with you about something.

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man, clearly having spent almost all his remaining energy on the roundhouse kick, manages to summon enough strength to attempt to parry your blow and disarm you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Riposte!
    [roll0] -> "If the result is 20 or higher, the target’s attack fails and their weapon is knocked 5m away. They must spend a trainer action to retrieve the weapon. A Trainer losing a Weapon as a result of Riposte may make a check to resist losing their Weapon on a 16 or better on 1d20 adding their STR modifier"

    Afterward, he calls out to his remaining pokemon. "Watch out!"

    The pig's eyes widen as Thales barrels into it and the blow is enough to send the pig sprawling onto the floor. It doesn't get up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales gains 390*1.2=468 EXP from the battle!
    Shovel and Outlet each gain 300*1.2=360 EXP from the battle!


    The man drops to his knees, his pokemon defeated and quite injured himself. His eyes are closed and his head down. "I surrender."

    Your pokedex chimes in with full information on the three pokemon you just battled. (Tepig, Scraggy, and Ducklett).

    Spoiler
    Show
    Have a story reward level! Yum.
    "Shovel, watch him," Pitch says. The Drilbur steps forward, long claws ready to cut the man should he move.

    Pitch picks up his knife and drinks his Lemonade, just in case this guy decided to get funny.

    "So," he says, putting his newly acquired blade at the man's throat. "Who sent you? And who am I important enough to that they'd send a hitman into my room?"

    As he does so, he waves at Thales.

    "Take his Pokeballs."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Captain Lowe gets out a pen and paper and jots down notes while nodding as you tell him what happened. He doesn't seem particularly fazed by the part where the man suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

    He does, however, react when you mention Avu. "Certainly, I'll bring the Deino to Avu once it's been properly screened. I can't think of many better places for a pokemon to be than under that man's care."

    When you're finished relating your story, Captain Lowe looks to Shane to see if he has anything to add. "Do you have anything to add, young man?"

    Shane shakes his head. "That's about it. But you should totally have Mister Sylum interrogate this guy! He'll break in an instant."

    "No!"

    Captain Lowe motions for another couple of Rangers to take the criminal back through the guarded doors, presumably to some holding area. "No need to interrogate this lowly thug. He works for an organization called 'Team Ostra' which commits crimes like this all over Wuhtu. They're a big thorn in our sides as Rangers, and everyone from around here owes you boys a debt for getting this guy off the street."
    Nikolas had the modesty to flush at the man's praise. "I-It was nothing. It was just a moment of self defense anyway."

    It was kind of scary knowing that there were men and women out there willing to do such terrible things but he wasn't going to let something like that phase him. He had Orobas and even Loki to protect him. Which reminded him, "Sir, do you know where I could get some food for my Abra? He's really done a lot for me today and I want to thank him with a meal."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "T-there's not really much to talk about," she said, looking at the plate of food for a moment. Her traveling partner was friendly and nice, but telling her about everything, her family and all, seemed to be a little too soon. "My father took care of me alone, growing up. I wanted to be a Pokemon trainer to see more things in the world, and I talked him into let me go." 'Talked' was probably too weak a word for that argument, she reflected briefly, but she looked back up at Stephanie. "What about you? You're going to Elrem Forest for berries for your grandparents, after all, so I take it you're pretty close to your family?"
    Stephanie nods along as you speak, genuinely interested. "That's neat. Seeing the world is one of the reasons I wanted to become a trainer too."

    She answers your question, "Yeah. Well definitely my grandparents at least. My family's pretty rich from my dad's work," she says, with a hint of embarrassment in her voice, "But that work also keeps him at the office a lot of the time. My mom works in Serenity Tower too, so I spent most of my time growing up with my grandparents. They're the nicest people you'd ever meet. Grandpa's from Orum and Grandma's from Port Tidings. They met in Elrem's berry gardens..."

    Stephanie proceeds to relate the story of her grandparent's meeting, dating, and getting married. By the time she's done, everyone's finished eating.

    "Oops, sorry for talking the whole time. I just can't tell that story enough. So it looks like we still have a bit of daylight, what would you like to do Celeste?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai couldn't help but grin at the comment. Ideally, after all, he'd like to be at least paritally nightshifted - that was when the world tended to be at its most dangerous, and thus the people who needed help then were in more dire straits.

    But, after the poochyena, definitely not right now. Hateful things.

    Anyway - no room at the centre was definitely a worry.

    "Oh. Thank you for that! But I can go to the rang...."

    ...when he paused. Yes, he could go probably find lodging with the rangers, but at the moment he was not acting as a ranger, he was acting as a pokemon trainer. He hadn't given money a second thought since starting this journey this... morning.

    ...wow, this morning felt like it was years ago.

    "Hm. I mean, thanks."

    Hopping out the door, Kamoho snapped his jaws in what was technically a yawn but made Mordecai presume boredom-so-bite-things. Yeesh.

    He followed the directions to the hotel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry you couldn't stay at the center, Pitch is just already in there so there's no plausible way you wouldn't notice each other. Also, he'd probably kill you in your sleep.


    You enter the hotel to see a bored looking fellow manning the counter. His greeting is monotone and practiced. "Hullo. Welcome to the Port Tidings Triangle Hotel. Would you like a room for the night? Single rooms cost ^100. Doubles cost ^200."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    As they make their way to the gym, Leo scans any pokemon he sees. When they reach the gym, Leo goes to get Halle. Hey Halle. Billy and I just found some wild mareep and a flaffy. I was wondering if you could send the two mareep that we didn't catch to the gym that uses electric pokemon? Also, when you have a minute, I'd like to talk with you about something.
    A large catlike pokemon struts past you, eyeing the Mareep you're carrying. You scan it and and learn it's called a "Persian." Inside the gym, you see some trainers with their pokemon out. A Breloom is sparring with a Grotle off to the left, and a Hoppip is bouncing around a pair of girls as they chat.

    Halle is back in her office. "Come in," she says when you knock. You see a pile of papers in front of her while she frantically fills them out. "Hey Leo, what's up? Sorry about the mess, the League has us send full paperwork on all our starter battles and the trainers who get inducted. Between you, Billy, and Bree, this is going to take a while."

    She hears your story and nods. "Oh you and Billy are training together? That's really good to hear. And sure, Zayir's great with pokemon so I'm sure he'll be able to give them a good home."

    Then Halle puts down her pen and looks at you, giving you her full attention. "I could use a break from all this writing. What's on your mind, Leo?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    A large catlike pokemon struts past you, eyeing the Mareep you're carrying. You scan it and and learn it's called a "Persian." Inside the gym, you see some trainers with their pokemon out. A Breloom is sparring with a Grotle off to the left, and a Hoppip is bouncing around a pair of girls as they chat.

    Halle is back in her office. "Come in," she says when you knock. You see a pile of papers in front of her while she frantically fills them out. "Hey Leo, what's up? Sorry about the mess, the League has us send full paperwork on all our starter battles and the trainers who get inducted. Between you, Billy, and Bree, this is going to take a while."

    She hears your story and nods. "Oh you and Billy are training together? That's really good to hear. And sure, Zayir's great with pokemon so I'm sure he'll be able to give them a good home."

    Then Halle puts down her pen and looks at you, giving you her full attention. "I could use a break from all this writing. What's on your mind, Leo?"
    Leo sits down in an empty chair, uncomfortably aware of how close he is to his first crush. Well, something really weird happened last night. He then proceeded to explain about the weird nightmare, as well as he could remember it.The thing is, I never have nightmares, and this didn't feel like anything my body would throw at me. I did some research on pokemon that can affect dreams, but I couldn't find anything, which is even weirder. I plan on going to Xylo to look through their libraries, but I wanted to know if you know anybody who is knowledgeable about dreams, or about pokemon who can cause them.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-21 at 12:21 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Shovel, watch him," Pitch says. The Drilbur steps forward, long claws ready to cut the man should he move.

    Pitch picks up his knife and drinks his Lemonade, just in case this guy decided to get funny.

    "So," he says, putting his newly acquired blade at the man's throat. "Who sent you? And who am I important enough to that they'd send a hitman into my room?"

    As he does so, he waves at Thales.

    "Take his Pokeballs."
    The man is oddly comfortable with a knife at his throat. His voice consists mainly of sarcastic dismissal. "You think I know who sent me? What kind of business model would that be...I just get a picture and a location, that's all. You're just another target to me. A job and a paycheck. Or rather, that's what you were supposed to be."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai was one of those people who's enthusiasm didn't decrease as he got tired.

    "Thank you! Can I have a single room, please? I don't need much."

    Although he then had to pause - wait, double rooms didn't have some sort of deal to encourage you to utilize them over a pair of singles? Eh, whatever - he wasn't two people anyway.

    At least totodiles didn't take up much space. Good thing he wasn't an onix-that-disliked-pokeballs or sommat.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas had the modesty to flush at the man's praise. "I-It was nothing. It was just a moment of self defense anyway."

    It was kind of scary knowing that there were men and women out there willing to do such terrible things but he wasn't going to let something like that phase him. He had Orobas and even Loki to protect him. Which reminded him, "Sir, do you know where I could get some food for my Abra? He's really done a lot for me today and I want to thank him with a meal."
    You can almost see the light bulb flash on over Captain Lowe's head when he hears your question. "How about you kids grab a bite to eat here at the Station's cafeteria? I figure it's a pretty practical reward for a job well done. The door's right through there," he says, pointing to a door opposite the guarded one. "It's no luxurious dining, but we like it well enough. Just let them know your meal's on me."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 12:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    The trainer nods a goodbye in response and leaves through the aforementioned door with Orobas in tow. "Come on, let's get you something to eat, you've definitely earned it," he whispers into the Abra's ear. It had been a very eventful day but he could honestly say that he was glad for it. His Pokemon were proving time and again, valuable friends and allies, and he was excited for the prospects of leaving the town. But first they would eat and then they could look for some lodgings for the night.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man is oddly comfortable with a knife at his throat. His voice consists mainly of sarcastic dismissal. "You think I know who sent me? What kind of business model would that be...I just get a picture and a location, that's all. You're just another target to me. A job and a paycheck. Or rather, that's what you were supposed to be."
    "Thales. Let's try out that move the Leader gave us."

    The Oshawott strides over and cuts across the man's chest with his shell. Enough to hurt, but not enough to take him down.

    "Now we can do this all night, or you can just tell me. Who gave you the job?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Stephanie nods along as you speak, genuinely interested. "That's neat. Seeing the world is one of the reasons I wanted to become a trainer too."

    She answers your question, "Yeah. Well definitely my grandparents at least. My family's pretty rich from my dad's work," she says, with a hint of embarrassment in her voice, "But that work also keeps him at the office a lot of the time. My mom works in Serenity Tower too, so I spent most of my time growing up with my grandparents. They're the nicest people you'd ever meet. Grandpa's from Orum and Grandma's from Port Tidings. They met in Elrem's berry gardens..."

    Stephanie proceeds to relate the story of her grandparent's meeting, dating, and getting married. By the time she's done, everyone's finished eating.

    "Oops, sorry for talking the whole time. I just can't tell that story enough. So it looks like we still have a bit of daylight, what would you like to do Celeste?"
    Celeste smiled. It had been interesting, even if it made her a little envious. Even with her parents always working, she still knew both them and her grandparents far better than Celeste did her own parents. "It's no problem. Um, well, we could stop by the store and buy Pokeballs to replace the ones we used. T-they should have other supplies, too, right?"
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-21 at 12:50 PM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Wuhtu Pokenews at noon
    Spoiler
    Show
    At noon every day, a news team in Xylo broadcasts a pokemon world centered radio show that is picked up by every Pokegear around the region. It's always optional to pay attention to, but you can consider this info knowledge that your character has unless you explicitly didn't/couldn't listen to a specific cast. The various timelines make a specifically timed thing like this somewhat tricky, but I'll try my best to balance these being "current" and comprehensive.

    "Hey there, Wuhtu! This is Jeffrey."
    "This is Jenny! And this is Wuhtu Pokenews at noon.
    "Well, Jenny. Today’s Tuesday, you know what that means!"
    "Of course, Jeffrey. Another Monday passed, another batch of new trainers!"
    "Righto. And we've just received the complete list of newly inducted trainers straight from the League! Care to do the honors, Jen?"
    "Sure. Let's see. We'll go west to east from south to north. Port Tidings: Mordecai Aumakua and his Totodile! Pitch...hmm, no last name here, but Pitch and his Oshawott!"
    "Oh and I'm seeing some unfortunate news from Port Tidings as well, more on that later."
    "Orum Town: Shane Lormin and his Natu! Nikolas Torel and his Abra!"
    "Looks like a duo of psychic starters this time from Avu Slyum's town."
    "Elrem Forest Clearing: Sera Jilon and her Pineco! Rulf Orgil and his Joltik! Tommy Tran and his Skorupi!"
    "A solid trio from Shea O'Riley, it looks like."
    "Wrystone Nature Preserve: Bree Vail and her Hoppip! Leo Blackwell and his Darumaka! Billy Henson and his Numel!"
    "Some good variety there, for sure."
    "Xylo Central: Celeste Noricen and her Magnemite!"
    "Looks like Miss Noricen will have to carry Xylo's torch all by herself!"
    "Mirror Mountain Base Camp: Clay Nuno and his Aron! Rose Evergreen and her Swinub! Wilfred Runnel and his Roggenrola!"
    "A very solid group of pokemon there."
    "Gateway Dojo: Thran Ziem and his Mankey! Quinn Puel and his Whismur!"
    "They must be hardy to come out of Gateway."
    "Maelstrom City: Well, it looks like no trainers managed to qualify this week."
    "Classic Brycen, beating all the would-be trainers once again."
    "Alright! We wish the best to all these new trainers.
    "Just watch out when you start traveling around. It’s a dangerous world out there!
    "Indeed. Well, that’s all for today. This is Jeffrey
    "And this is Jenny. Same time tomorrow, everyone!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo sits down in an empty chair, uncomfortably aware of how close he is to his first crush. Well, something really weird happened last night. He then proceeded to explain about the weird nightmare, as well as he could remember it.The thing is, I never have nightmares, and this didn't feel like anything my body would throw at me. I did some research on pokemon that can affect dreams, but I couldn't find anything, which is even weirder. I plan on going to Xylo to look through their libraries, but I wanted to know if you know anybody who is knowledgeable about dreams, or about pokemon who can cause them.
    Halle looks concerned as you tell her about your nightmare. She shakes her head when you're done. "That sounds really frightening, Leo. I can't think of anything myself, but that's a long way from my area of expertise so that isn't surprising. I do know that there are some great dream doctors in Xylo working for Serenity Corp."

    "I've taken Miss Washburne on plenty of tours of the Safari Zone over the years, so I can give her a call and see if she can schedule a meeting for you with one of them. You just let the receptionist know that I sent you and you should be fine.
    She puts her hand on your shoulder. "I hope they can help you, Leo."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai was one of those people who's enthusiasm didn't decrease as he got tired.

    "Thank you! Can I have a single room, please? I don't need much."

    Although he then had to pause - wait, double rooms didn't have some sort of deal to encourage you to utilize them over a pair of singles? Eh, whatever - he wasn't two people anyway.

    At least totodiles didn't take up much space. Good thing he wasn't an onix-that-disliked-pokeballs or sommat.
    The man takes your money, hands you a key, and gives you directions to your room.

    You get into your room and it looks clean enough. Very plain, but everything you need. You do find an empty box of cigarettes on the nightstand, but besides that nothing is out of place.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, have a story reward level!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 02:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    The trainer nods a goodbye in response and leaves through the aforementioned door with Orobas in tow. "Come on, let's get you something to eat, you've definitely earned it," he whispers into the Abra's ear. It had been a very eventful day but he could honestly say that he was glad for it. His Pokemon were proving time and again, valuable friends and allies, and he was excited for the prospects of leaving the town. But first they would eat and then they could look for some lodgings for the night.
    You and Shane head on into the cafeteria, and some rangers nod to you in respect for having helped. Apparently, word travels fast around here. It's also a veritable pokedex feast in here!

    A dozen pokemon are eating with their trainers: A Masquerain, a pair of Nuzleafs, a Jigglypuff, a Nosepass, a Slugma, a Riolu, a Panpour, a Torkoal, a Magby, another Jigglypuff, and an Umbreon.

    You stand in line and eventually get food for yourself and Orobas. You and Shane sit down at an open table. "Eventful day, huh?" he asks after shoveling down a mouthful of food.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thales. Let's try out that move the Leader gave us."

    The Oshawott strides over and cuts across the man's chest with his shell. Enough to hurt, but not enough to take him down.

    "Now we can do this all night, or you can just tell me. Who gave you the job?"
    The man grunts at Thales' swipe, and the cuts overlap with the previous ones. He coughs and spits some blood on the floor. "Shame, that's going to stain." You notice his breath smells quite smoky now that he's coughed a bit. "Well, I suppose it's going to be a long night then...
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Halle looks concerned as you tell her about your nightmare. She shakes her head when you're done. "That sounds really frightening, Leo. I can't think of anything myself, but that's a long way from my area of expertise so that isn't surprising. I do know that there are some great dream doctors in Xylo working for Serenity Corp."

    "I've taken Miss Washburne on plenty of tours of the Safari Zone over the years, so I can give her a call and see if she can schedule a meeting for you with one of them. You just let the receptionist know that I sent you and you should be fine.
    She puts her hand on your shoulder. "I hope they can help you, Leo."
    Thanks Halle, it means a lot to me. Leo then walked outside, and released the mareep, who promptly started grazing. Hi, Bleula, my name is Leo. I'm a pokemon trainer. Do you know what happened today?

    Beula looked up at him, and nodded. She knew what trainers were. It was surprising that her family had managed so long without being captured, living so close to the city and all. Plus this trainer didn't look so bad. Some pokemon told horror stories of trainers who tortured their pokemon into obedience. Also, he had an incredibly attractive munchlax on his team. Yes she could get used to working on this team.

    Glad they were at an understanding, Leo nodded. Time to go make some money. He wouldn't battle Billy again, he would lose, what with him having a pokemon much stronger than any of his. No, he'd have to find a more mundane method. Well, we better get going. and then, he and his team walked off into the town, looking for work.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste smiled. It had been interesting, even if it made her a little envious. Even with her parents always working, she still knew both them and her grandparents far better than Celeste did her own parents. "It's no problem. Um, well, we could stop by the store and buy Pokeballs to replace the ones we used. T-they should have other supplies, too, right?"
    Stephanie nods. "Yep! I think I'll pick up some more Potions too. Our pokemon really do take a beating out there."

    The two of you walk on over to the mart.

    "How may I help you ladies?" the shopkeeper asks when he sees you.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man grunts at Thales' swipe, and the cuts overlap with the previous ones. He coughs and spits some blood on the floor. "Shame, that's going to stain." You notice his breath smells quite smoky now that he's coughed a bit. "Well, I suppose it's going to be a long night then...
    Pitch grins. He'd be hard to crack.

    "Shovel, take his things. All of them. Hit clothes as well. Can't have him hiding anything. Thales, continue."

    Thales dances around the man, deriving a small amount of pleasure from this. He was in control. He was winning. And the man could do nothing to stop him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales spams False Swipe all over his back!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  23. - Top - End - #413
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Thanks Halle, it means a lot to me. Leo then walked outside, and released the mareep, who promptly started grazing. Hi, Bleula, my name is Leo. I'm a pokemon trainer. Do you know what happened today?

    Beula looked up at him, and nodded. She knew what trainers were. It was surprising that her family had managed so long without being captured, living so close to the city and all. Plus this trainer didn't look so bad. Some pokemon told horror stories of trainers who tortured their pokemon into obedience. Also, he had an incredibly attractive munchlax on his team. Yes she could get used to working on this team.

    Glad they were at an understanding, Leo nodded. Time to go make some money. He wouldn't battle Billy again, he would lose, what with him having a pokemon much stronger than any of his. No, he'd have to find a more mundane method. Well, we better get going. and then, he and his team walked off into the town, looking for work.
    Billy waves goodbye when you walk past him, mentioning something about going to find more pokemon to catch.

    The sun is directly overhead once you get outside. It's fairly hot, but not unbearably so. The town is bustling, the day in full swing. Just on the short walk from the gym door to the center of town, you see four pokemon out with their trainers. An Archeops flies alongside its trainer, a Slowpoke lounges about while its trainer speaks to a friend who also has a Burmy on her shoulder, and an Azurill bounces circles around its trainer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Work won't find you by itself!
    Also, have a story reward level!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 02:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas wordlessly eats his meal and nods at Shane in agreement. With Orobas sitting by his side, he releases Loki for good measure. According to the Pokedex the ghost Pokemon did not require food, but it was probably a good idea to let the Pokemon breathe every once in a while. Being cooped up in those Pokeballs all day probably wasn't very much fun.

    When he is finished chewing he responds to Shane, "Yes, it has been quite a day." Without expanding on his statement, Nikolas stands and makes to leave the Ranger Station. He still needed a place to sleep and he somehow doubted that his father would take too kindly to he and his Pokemon. They would need some rest if they were going to be heading to the next city by tomorrow. Hopefully the Pokemon Center had some rooms available.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Billy waves goodbye when you walk past him, mentioning something about going to find more pokemon to catch.

    The sun is directly overhead once you get outside. It's fairly hot, but not unbearably so. The town is bustling, the day in full swing. Just on the short walk from the gym door to the center of town, you see four pokemon out with their trainers. An Archeops flies alongside its trainer, a Slowpoke lounges about while its trainer speaks to a friend who also has a Burmy on her shoulder, and an Azurill bounces circles around its trainer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Work won't find you by itself!
    Also, have a story reward level!
    Leo walks up to the group of trainers. Hey do any of you want to have a quick battle?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-21 at 02:43 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Stephanie nods. "Yep! I think I'll pick up some more Potions too. Our pokemon really do take a beating out there."

    The two of you walk on over to the mart.

    "How may I help you ladies?" the shopkeeper asks when he sees you.
    "Umm, hello. Could I get three Pokeballs and five Potions?" She paused, remembering something. "Oh, err, do you have any TMs?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins. He'd be hard to crack.

    "Shovel, take his things. All of them. Hit clothes as well. Can't have him hiding anything. Thales, continue."

    Thales dances around the man, deriving a small amount of pleasure from this. He was in control. He was winning. And the man could do nothing to stop him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales spams False Swipe all over his back!
    Your Drilbur strips the man naked. He was not hiding anything, and in fact had nothing at all on him. He shrugs and says, "I travel light."

    Thales swipes across the man's back a few times, each slash accompanied by a grunt and spit. When the swipes subside, the man looks straight into your eyes. "Thank you, Sir. May I have another?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas wordlessly eats his meal and nods at Shane in agreement. With Orobas sitting by his side, he releases Loki for good measure. According to the Pokedex the ghost Pokemon did not require food, but it was probably a good idea to let the Pokemon breathe every once in a while. Being cooped up in those Pokeballs all day probably wasn't very much fun.

    When he is finished chewing he responds to Shane, "Yes, it has been quite a day." Without expanding on his statement, Nikolas stands and makes to leave the Ranger Station. He still needed a place to sleep and he somehow doubted that his father would take too kindly to he and his Pokemon. They would need some rest if they were going to be heading to the next city by tomorrow. Hopefully the Pokemon Center had some rooms available.
    Your Gastly does enjoy getting outside of his Pokeball for a bit, and flies all around, exploring the new area.

    Shane waves goodbye as you take off, mentioning that he'd stick around and chat with some of the rangers. "See you around, Nikolas!"

    When you get into the pokemon center, the nurse greets you. "Hello there, how many I help you?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your Drilbur strips the man naked. He was not hiding anything, and in fact had nothing at all on him. He shrugs and says, "I travel light."

    Thales swipes across the man's back a few times, each slash accompanied by a grunt and spit. When the swipes subside, the man looks straight into your eyes. "Thank you, Sir. May I have another?"
    "You're just no fun, are you? No money, no cash. Won't even be a good torture victim. Now how about this. I happen to know a woman, who, due to unfortunate events, had her Cubchoo recently killed. And, as coincidence would have it, she's a Gym Leader! Now, you will tell me who sent you, or I give her an obivous criminal who was out to steal a new trainer's Pokemon. I don't know how a fighter as pathetic as yourself managed to become so resistant to torture, but I'm sure a man such as yourself knows the exquisite ways of torturing that a trainer specializing in Water and Ice types could bring. Your choice. Tell me, or let her break you."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  30. - Top - End - #420
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo walks up to the group of trainers. Hey do any of you want to have a quick battle?
    The man with the Archeops scoffs at you and walks away. "I came here to battle Halle, not some snot-nosed kid."

    The pair of trainers look at you with incredulous expressions. One says, "Can't you see we're having a conversation here? Go away."

    Then someone taps you on the shoulder. It's the trainer with the Azurill bouncing around her, and she says, "A battle sounds like fun! Let's go down by the water. It's the closest place outside of town limits." She starts walking, expecting you to follow her.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •