Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Umm, hello. Could I get three Pokeballs and five Potions?" She paused, remembering something. "Oh, err, do you have any TMs?"
    "Sure thing, Miss." He hands you the items you requested and takes your money. "And I believe we have most every TM that the casinos in town don't have a monopoly on. Which one did you have in mind?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man with the Archeops scoffs at you and walks away. "I came here to battle Halle, not some snot-nosed kid."

    The pair of trainers look at you with incredulous expressions. One says, "Can't you see we're having a conversation here? Go away."

    Then someone taps you on the shoulder. It's the trainer with the Azurill bouncing around her, and she says, "A battle sounds like fun! Let's go down by the water. It's the closest place outside of town limits." She starts walking, expecting you to follow her.
    Leo ignores the snarky trainer and the two friends, and turns to follow the girl. He returns all his pokemon except for Piri Piri.

    My name is Leo, and I just started yesterday. What's your name?

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    As he enters the Pokemon Center, Nikolas returns both Loki and Orobas in preparation for the nurse. "My Pokemon were injured in a battle against Team Ostra, I would like for you to heal them."

    "I am also in search of lodging," he adds as an afterthought.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Sleep was well appreciated.

    Mordecai had been trained to sleep in the wild. Thus, even in calmer quarters he was trained to sleep lightly, remain alert to sounds, and be aware of potential dangers.

    He was, however, out like a stone, holding firmly onto his totodile the way a child would hold onto a teddy bear. That is to say, tighter and tighter and tighter as the sleep went on. Finally, quite done with this, the totodile bit his arm, awakening him and abruptly.

    Still, the overall resting period was good. Mordecai was rejuvinated, and ready to go!

    "Feeling good, Kamoho?!"

    "Dile!" The Totodile clamped his jaws together, as the two stepped out of the hotel to witness the rising sun.

    "Hopefully we'll find more things to bite soon. Which reminds me! We now also have a third friend to meet!"

    With Kamoho standing near, out came a pokeball - complete with starly. Mordecai knelt, smiling. "Hello! I'm Mordecai." He reached one hand forward. "I'm looking forward to - " He began, when the bird slammed into his chest, knocking him backwards.

    "YEOW!" And amidst his shout of pain, Kamoho reacted - biting the bird fiercely who -

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    "...I need to think a little bit before I try that again." Grumbled Mordecai, after stepping out of the pokemon centre. He released the pokemon again, more cautious this time. "Don - "

    But this time, the starly gave a happy chirp, fluttering back and forth a bit. It then flew at Mordecai again - causing the trainer to cringe - but it was a happy reaction more than an aggressive one.

    "...huh." And then it was flying small circles around him. "So... was that just playing?"

    Another happy chirp, and the starly was on his shoulder. He lightly stroked the bird's feathers. "You seem pretty happy with me." He commented, elicting another chirp - and an annoyed growl by Kamoho. It was just /yesterday/ that the totodile was gnawing constantly on his arm, now he's being jealous that another pokemon is sitting on his shoulder?

    "Okay! That match yesterday shows that we still need to spend a little time in practice before we head to Orum. Fortunately for us, there should be tons of wilds nearby."

    He shifted his shoulder, causing the starly to fly off it, and replaced the starly with a totodile. The starly didn't particularly mind - winging circles around the pair, either ignoring or ignorant of Kamoho's glare.

    "Phew. Let's continue to keep away from water for a bit more - focus on trees for a bit."

    And with that, away he walked.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Last time that happens to Mordecai, I promise.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "You're just no fun, are you? No money, no cash. Won't even be a good torture victim. Now how about this. I happen to know a woman, who, due to unfortunate events, had her Cubchoo recently killed. And, as coincidence would have it, she's a Gym Leader! Now, you will tell me who sent you, or I give her an obivous criminal who was out to steal a new trainer's Pokemon. I don't know how a fighter as pathetic as yourself managed to become so resistant to torture, but I'm sure a man such as yourself knows the exquisite ways of torturing that a trainer specializing in Water and Ice types could bring. Your choice. Tell me, or let her break you."
    As you deliver your soliloquy, the man's expression changes ever so slightly with each sentence. You can't quite place how or what it's changing toward, though. When you finish, he blinks a few times...

    Then he starts laughing--uncontrollably shaking with laughter. "Kid, you really don't know anything, do you?" He breaks out of his laconic state completely.

    "Who killed that Cubchoo, I wonder? You want to bring me--freshly tortured--to Leia, a powerful gym leader with a legitimate reason to hate you and see what happens? You kept asking me who sent me, but you would more readily know that than I would. Who do you think sent me?"

    "Just because you've killed a few times, you think you're a big deal. My being here will probably just inflate your ego even more. But there's your problem; that's what's will catch up to you in the end: cockiness. I'm not resistant to torture, kid. You just suck at it."
    He spits on the ground again.

    Now his voice is entirely serious. "It's not my choice at all. It's yours. Are you going to run away or take a stand? I suppose I'm the first, judging by your piss-poor reaction, but I won't be the last. Enjoy that, mother--.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo ignores the snarky trainer and the two friends, and turns to follow the girl. He returns all his pokemon except for Piri Piri.

    My name is Leo, and I just started yesterday. What's your name?
    "Hi, Leo. My name's Karin. I've been a trainer for about a month now. I'm from Maelstrom!" You guys get closer to the beach. "So what kind of rules would you like to battle by?" she says with a mixture of politeness and confidence.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    As he enters the Pokemon Center, Nikolas returns both Loki and Orobas in preparation for the nurse. "My Pokemon were injured in a battle against Team Ostra, I would like for you to heal them."

    "I am also in search of lodging," he adds as an afterthought.
    "Right away. Ostra, huh? Bunch of jerks, we see injuries caused by them all the time. And we have a cot room for trainers right through there," she says, pointing to your left. "I can hang on to your pokemon for the night if you'd like to go to sleep right away. Otherwise, I'll be back shortly." She goes back to get them healed.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    As you deliver your soliloquy, the man's expression changes ever so slightly with each sentence. You can't quite place how or what it's changing toward, though. When you finish, he blinks a few times...

    Then he starts laughing--uncontrollably shaking with laughter. "Kid, you really don't know anything, do you?" He breaks out of his laconic state completely.

    "Who killed that Cubchoo, I wonder? You want to bring me--freshly tortured--to Leia, a powerful gym leader with a legitimate reason to hate you and see what happens? You kept asking me who sent me, but you would more readily know that than I would. Who do you think sent me?"

    "Just because you've killed a few times, you think you're a big deal. My being here will probably just inflate your ego even more. But there's your problem; that's what's will catch up to you in the end: cockiness. I'm not resistant to torture, kid. You just suck at it."
    He spits on the ground again.

    Now his voice is entirely serious. "It's not my choice at all. It's yours. Are you going to run away or take a stand? I suppose I'm the first, judging by your piss-poor reaction, but I won't be the last. Enjoy that, mother--.
    Pitch looks at the man. He had made a point, and a good one at that. If anybody in this city was going to send somebody after him, it would be Leia. Calling the police would be risky, very risky, but if Leia had called him in the first place.....

    "Thales. End this." Pitch says, the Oshawott leaping forward to cut the man down with an Aerial Ace.

    Pitch sprays Shovel with a Potion and pulls out a Fresh Water. He pours it over the man's back, hopefully patching up Thale's attacks a bit.

    He pulls out his Pokegear and dials the local police number.

    'Uh, hello?" he says, when they pick up. "Yeah, a guy just appeared in my hotel room and tried to steal my Pokemon. I don't know if this is a thing you guys normally handle, but, yeah."

    As he is doing this, Pitch tries to redress the man, glad he stripped the man before having Thales cut him up.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-21 at 07:23 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sleep was well appreciated.

    Mordecai had been trained to sleep in the wild. Thus, even in calmer quarters he was trained to sleep lightly, remain alert to sounds, and be aware of potential dangers.

    He was, however, out like a stone, holding firmly onto his totodile the way a child would hold onto a teddy bear. That is to say, tighter and tighter and tighter as the sleep went on. Finally, quite done with this, the totodile bit his arm, awakening him and abruptly.

    Still, the overall resting period was good. Mordecai was rejuvinated, and ready to go!

    "Feeling good, Kamoho?!"

    "Dile!" The Totodile clamped his jaws together, as the two stepped out of the hotel to witness the rising sun.

    "Hopefully we'll find more things to bite soon. Which reminds me! We now also have a third friend to meet!"

    With Kamoho standing near, out came a pokeball - complete with starly. Mordecai knelt, smiling. "Hello! I'm Mordecai." He reached one hand forward. "I'm looking forward to - " He began, when the bird slammed into his chest, knocking him backwards.

    "YEOW!" And amidst his shout of pain, Kamoho reacted - biting the bird fiercely who -

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    "...I need to think a little bit before I try that again." Grumbled Mordecai, after stepping out of the pokemon centre. He released the pokemon again, more cautious this time. "Don - "

    But this time, the starly gave a happy chirp, fluttering back and forth a bit. It then flew at Mordecai again - causing the trainer to cringe - but it was a happy reaction more than an aggressive one.

    "...huh." And then it was flying small circles around him. "So... was that just playing?"

    Another happy chirp, and the starly was on his shoulder. He lightly stroked the bird's feathers. "You seem pretty happy with me." He commented, elicting another chirp - and an annoyed growl by Kamoho. It was just /yesterday/ that the totodile was gnawing constantly on his arm, now he's being jealous that another pokemon is sitting on his shoulder?

    "Okay! That match yesterday shows that we still need to spend a little time in practice before we head to Orum. Fortunately for us, there should be tons of wilds nearby."

    He shifted his shoulder, causing the starly to fly off it, and replaced the starly with a totodile. The starly didn't particularly mind - winging circles around the pair, either ignoring or ignorant of Kamoho's glare.


    "Phew. Let's continue to keep away from water for a bit more - focus on trees for a bit."

    And with that, away he walked.
    You walk amongst the trees, where the sounds of pokemon cries sound both different and closer. Before long, you see a flash of yellow run past you and then a yell of "Chu!" come from nearby.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-21 at 07:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch looks at the man. He had made a point, and a good one at that. If anybody in this city was going to send somebody after him, it would be Leia. Calling the police would be risky, very risky, but if Leia had called him in the first place.....

    "Thales. End this." Pitch says, the Oshawott leaping forward to cut the man down with an Aerial Ace.

    Pitch sprays Shovel with a Potion and pulls out a Fresh Water. He pours it over the man's back, hopefully patching up Thale's attacks a bit.

    He pulls out his Pokegear and dials the local police number.

    'Uh, hello?" he says, when they pick up. "Yeah, a guy just appeared in my hotel room and tried to steal my Pokemon. I don't know if this is a thing you guys normally handle, but, yeah."

    As he is doing this, Pitch tries to redress the man, glad he stripped the man before having Thales cut him up.
    The water is able to close up the wounds relatively well, but not so much that they disappear entirely. A knowing eye would still be able to figure out what happened, given some time to examine him.

    The Ranger who answers is nice enough. "Hello, Sir. Oh really? That's quite unfortunate, we'll send over some Rangers immediately to take the man away. The Triangle, I'm guessing? They should get there in a few minutes."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas shrugs his shoulders a bit and waits at the counter. Dealing with a pokemon stealer had a way of putting you on edge without your Pokemon. To pass the time, Nikolas surreptitiously glances at the other trainers in the Center, pulling his eyes away when he feels them starting back.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas shrugs his shoulders a bit and waits at the counter. Dealing with a pokemon stealer had a way of putting you on edge without your Pokemon. To pass the time, Nikolas surreptitiously glances at the other trainers in the Center, pulling his eyes away when he feels them starting back.
    There are only two other trainers in the center. One's busily typing away into his Pokegear, and doesn't notice you at all. The other has two pokemon out, one that looks like it's in a broken eggshell and another green pokemon that looks like a ballerina dancer. She does catch your gaze and smiles before you can pull your eyes away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you scan them, your pokedex will shortly give full info on Togepi and Kirlia.


    The nurse returns your pokemon. "Have a good night, Sir."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Figuring that he was already caught, Nikolas retrieves his Pokedex to scan the two Pokemon before entering the lobby to sit down. It was starting to get late, meaning the cots were either filled with sleeping trainers or filled with not-so sleeping trainers. Either situation was hardly ideal for what he planned to do next.

    The events of the day had proved just how little he actually knew about Pokemon and if he wanted to avoid any poor battle decisions he would need to focus his efforts on studying Pokemon Battling. Laying his Pokedex on his lap, he set it to automatically cycle through type information pertaining to ghosts and psychics. He would need to teach himself the basics that the other trainers already knew, the battle with Shane was simply luck working out in his favor. A more competent trainer likely would have realized his normal-type attacks were ineffective against ghost types. While studying, he withdraws parts from his bag and sets his skilled hands into auto-pilot, wordlessly assembling and piecing together parts to create Poke Balls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Create 1 Great Ball - 300 Poke
    Upgrade Memento Ball into Ultraball - 400 Poke

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Being among the trees felt pretty refreshing. Not for any particular reason either - he just felt increasingly comfortable as he walked.

    This could itself be dangerous to a ranger, but hey - he couldn't help but relax a little bit. He did notice, however, that Kamoho was getting increasingly antsy - too much more of this and he'd demand Mordecai's arm. Sigh. Was this something all pokemon trainers had to deal with, or was Kamoho special?

    He couldn't help but grin at that. Probably the latter.

    The immediate sounds of a pokemon jerked him to attention - and he noticed, slightly idly, that Kamoho also turned. He then noticed that his starly distinctly did /not/ turn.

    "Hm. Return!" No sense starting something before he was ready - he knew Kamoho would at least listen to him before going and biting.

    "Kamoho, did you see that?" Pokedex in one hand, Styler in the other, totodile on his shoulder, he headed in that direction - keeping an eye out, however, as he gets the feeling the small thing may have been running from something.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Figuring that he was already caught, Nikolas retrieves his Pokedex to scan the two Pokemon before entering the lobby to sit down. It was starting to get late, meaning the cots were either filled with sleeping trainers or filled with not-so sleeping trainers. Either situation was hardly ideal for what he planned to do next.

    The events of the day had proved just how little he actually knew about Pokemon and if he wanted to avoid any poor battle decisions he would need to focus his efforts on studying Pokemon Battling. Laying his Pokedex on his lap, he set it to automatically cycle through type information pertaining to ghosts and psychics. He would need to teach himself the basics that the other trainers already knew, the battle with Shane was simply luck working out in his favor. A more competent trainer likely would have realized his normal-type attacks were ineffective against ghost types. While studying, he withdraws parts from his bag and sets his skilled hands into auto-pilot, wordlessly assembling and piecing together parts to create Poke Balls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Create 1 Great Ball - 300 Poke
    Upgrade Memento Ball into Ultraball - 400 Poke
    Your focused studying and less focused tinkering keeps you occupied for quite a while. It does pay pretty solid dividends, though. You learn a lot about pokemon battles and create some better Poke Balls. When you're done doing that, you can see on your Pokegear that it's gotten fairly late.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Hi, Leo. My name's Karin. I've been a trainer for about a month now. I'm from Maelstrom!" You guys get closer to the beach. "So what kind of rules would you like to battle by?" she says with a mixture of politeness and confidence.
    Leo scratches his head. Well if you've been at it for a month, I'd rather you not use your strongest pokemon, or it'd be kind of pointless, and I'd rather not have any deaths. Otherwise, I'd like to request no flying, digging, or swimming, as none of my current pokemon have those abilities. Sound like a plan?

    Bryce ... If she beat him, then I know she's no softie. I should be prepared to lose this battle, but it'll be a good lesson to my pokemon before they get overconfident.

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Being among the trees felt pretty refreshing. Not for any particular reason either - he just felt increasingly comfortable as he walked.

    This could itself be dangerous to a ranger, but hey - he couldn't help but relax a little bit. He did notice, however, that Kamoho was getting increasingly antsy - too much more of this and he'd demand Mordecai's arm. Sigh. Was this something all pokemon trainers had to deal with, or was Kamoho special?

    He couldn't help but grin at that. Probably the latter.

    The immediate sounds of a pokemon jerked him to attention - and he noticed, slightly idly, that Kamoho also turned. He then noticed that his starly distinctly did /not/ turn.

    "Hm. Return!" No sense starting something before he was ready - he knew Kamoho would at least listen to him before going and biting.

    "Kamoho, did you see that?" Pokedex in one hand, Styler in the other, totodile on his shoulder, he headed in that direction - keeping an eye out, however, as he gets the feeling the small thing may have been running from something.
    Your feeling may have been on the right track. As you follow the sound of the little yellow pokemon's cries, every so often you walk past a recently charred tree.

    Then you come across a clearing with the yellow pokemon in the middle. It's slowly rotating around, as if looking for some more pokemon to appear. At this point, you have not entered the clearing yet.

    Suddenly, half a dozen monkey-like pokemon jump out from the trees and surround the yellow one! The yellow pokemon, already crouched at the ready, discharges a huge blast of electricity into its ambushers. Two of them immediately fall over, two cringe and appear unable to move, and the other two are still standing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    (M3 & M2 are the two that are paralyzed.)
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo scratches his head. Well if you've been at it for a month, I'd rather you not use your strongest pokemon, or it'd be kind of pointless, and I'd rather not have any deaths. Otherwise, I'd like to request no flying, digging, or swimming, as none of my current pokemon have those abilities. Sound like a plan?

    Bryce ... If she beat him, then I know she's no softie. I should be prepared to lose this battle, but it'll be a good lesson to my pokemon before they get overconfident.
    Karin nods and assents to all your stipulations. "Works for me. I'll try out some of the newest pokemon I've caught." She pulls a trio of pokeballs and looks at you. "Three pokemon, single battle sound good?"

    She releases a Fraxure next to her. "He likes to watch me battle when he won't get to join in!"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Karin nods and assents to all your stipulations. "Works for me. I'll try out some of the newest pokemon I've caught." She pulls a trio of pokeballs and looks at you. "Three pokemon, single battle sound good?"

    She releases a Fraxure next to her. "He likes to watch me battle when he won't get to join in!"
    Fine by me. Let's get started. Piri Piri, you're up. Leo tosses a pepper to the Darumaka, who gobbles it happily, then he scans the fraxure and anything the girl might send out.

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas sighs in a job well done and packs away his items. He doesn't bid goodbye to the other trainers in the lobby and retreats to the trainer cot room to rest in. They would probably get some training in tomorrow morning before finding a mercenary group to take them to the next city. As powerful as Orobas was proving to be, he doubted the Abra was capable of protecting both itself and its trainer in the wild.

    Finding an empty bot, he lies down and holds his two Pokeballs against his chest, curling his body around them. "Goodnight," he whispers.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Fine by me. Let's get started. Piri Piri, you're up. Leo tosses a pepper to the Darumaka, who gobbles it happily, then he scans the fraxure and anything the girl might send out.
    "A Darumaka, huh? Alright, go Venom!" She sends out an Ekans, and the Fraxure cheers on its teammate. "You can have the first move, Leo."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas sighs in a job well done and packs away his items. He doesn't bid goodbye to the other trainers in the lobby and retreats to the trainer cot room to rest in. They would probably get some training in tomorrow morning before finding a mercenary group to take them to the next city. As powerful as Orobas was proving to be, he doubted the Abra was capable of protecting both itself and its trainer in the wild.

    Finding an empty bot, he lies down and holds his two Pokeballs against his chest, curling his body around them. "Goodnight," he whispers.
    You are the picture of a new trainer, clutching your Pokeballs tight to your chst as you sleep.

    The next morning rolls around and you are awoken by the sounds of some birds chirping outside. The sun has risen just a little bit ago; it is quite early in the day.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Nikolas climbs out of his cot and enters the washroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. With that out of the way, Nikolas fetches a clean pair of clothes from his bad and takes showers in the in the Pokemon Center. According to some of the information he had read last night, trips between cities could take anywhere from five to seven days. If that was true he wanted to make the most of it.

    Finally finished showering, Nikolas lightly dries his hair with a towel he brought from home and heads downstairs to the lobby and then out the door. not wanting to take his chances with the trainers today he heads out of town a short distance away to find wild Pokemon for his Pokemon to train on. Orobas had gotten quite the workout yesterday, that meant Loki needed a turn. The Pokedex lesson had mentioned something about keeping teams at 'consistent levels' but most of the terminology flew over his head.

    At the outskirts of town he releases Loki and Orobas and smiles. "Good morning."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Again, the opponent is always faster than me. I might need to get some aprijuice for him and Nightlock. I guess I'll have to let him close with me.

    Piri Piri use that pepper!

    Piri Piri breaths in deeply, and belches a huge gout of flame towards the ekans.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]Incinerate AC2 (1d20)[14] Damage (1d10+6)[14] on crit (1d10+4)[10]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-21 at 11:07 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Looks like they're ambushing that yellow thing."

    Pokedex beeping, Mordecai did notice that the yellow thing - a 'chu', right? C'mon pokedex, be faster! "That looked like a pretty strong hit, but it's still surrounded, outnumbered, and being attacked. Kamoho - let's help the chu!"

    Out came the styler in his other hand, as his totodile tensed. And, as Mordecai swung forward, Kamoho leapt under it - in what was /almost/ teamwork! His bite, this time, seemed to have a bit more certainty in it than it did before.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho will move to E6, and use his new rage move to whack M4, figuring he's about to be savagely beaten for his impunence!

    Attack roll: (1d20)[4]
    Damage roll: (1d6+10)[14]

    Mordecai will stay put and attempt his styler against the paralyzed and damaged M3
    Restraining roll: (1d100-20)[-11]

    Also, in case it needs to be stated, Mordecai is targetting Kamoho with both his "Faster" and "Stronger" coach abilities. ^_^

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Nikolas climbs out of his cot and enters the washroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. With that out of the way, Nikolas fetches a clean pair of clothes from his bad and takes showers in the in the Pokemon Center. According to some of the information he had read last night, trips between cities could take anywhere from five to seven days. If that was true he wanted to make the most of it.

    Finally finished showering, Nikolas lightly dries his hair with a towel he brought from home and heads downstairs to the lobby and then out the door. not wanting to take his chances with the trainers today he heads out of town a short distance away to find wild Pokemon for his Pokemon to train on. Orobas had gotten quite the workout yesterday, that meant Loki needed a turn. The Pokedex lesson had mentioned something about keeping teams at 'consistent levels' but most of the terminology flew over his head.

    At the outskirts of town he releases Loki and Orobas and smiles. "Good morning."
    Your pokemon seem happy to be out and happier to see you. The air is quite still, as only the early wakers are up and about at this time of morning.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Again, the opponent is always faster than me. I might need to get some aprijuice for him and Nightlock. I guess I'll have to let him close with me.

    Piri Piri use that pepper!

    Piri Piri breaths in deeply, and belches a huge gout of flame towards the ekans.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]Incinerate AC2 (1d20)[6] Damage (2d10+20)[33] on crit (2d10+8)[21]
    The burst of fire melts away whatever berry the Ekans was holding onto, but doesn't seem to do too much else. "It's alright, Venom! Get up close and feast on your foe." The Ekans slinks up to your Darumaka and chomps down on him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (2d10+20)[33]
    Critical: (2d10+8)[21]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Watching to see if nobody is looking, Nikolas begins pacing back and forth like a drill instructor and barks in an officious tone, "Listen up men, today we're going to be hunting wild Pokemon. If fighting is sure to result in victory, you must fight," pumping his fist to punctuate his sentence.

    "Sun Jim said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than we do because he invented it. And then he perfected it so that no man could best him in the ring of honor. Then he used his fight money to buy two of every Pokemon and earth and then he herded them onto a little boat and then he made them fight each other. And from that day forward, whenever a bunch of animals are together in one place they all it a Gym!"

    He had not bothered to fact check the story, but it had been on the internet. People didn't just lie on the internet, right?
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-21 at 11:23 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Piri Piri cringed. That was one powerful bite. He couldn't take another one of those without help, when he looked to Leo, he was already there, using a potion on his wounds.

    Turn into a wrecking ball Piri!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Potion heals (2d12+10)[22]
    Rollout AC 4 (1d20)[11] Damage (1d10+16)[21] rock type. On crit (1d10+4)[12]

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Looks like they're ambushing that yellow thing."

    Pokedex beeping, Mordecai did notice that the yellow thing - a 'chu', right? C'mon pokedex, be faster! "That looked like a pretty strong hit, but it's still surrounded, outnumbered, and being attacked. Kamoho - let's help the chu!"

    Out came the styler in his other hand, as his totodile tensed. And, as Mordecai swung forward, Kamoho leapt under it - in what was /almost/ teamwork! His bite, this time, seemed to have a bit more certainty in it than it did before.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho will move to E6, and use his new rage move to whack M4, figuring he's about to be savagely beaten for his impunence!

    Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

    Mordecai will stay put and attempt his styler against the paralyzed and damaged M3
    Restraining roll: [roll2]

    Also, in case it needs to be stated, Mordecai is targetting Kamoho with both his "Faster" and "Stronger" coach abilities. ^_^

    You successfully restrain the monkey! It resigns itself to being at your command, but is still unable to move due to the electricity coursing through it. The other paralyzed monkey is stuck standing still as well.

    Kamoho knocks the wind out of his target, almost knocking it out.

    The yellow pokemon launches another, smaller burst of electricity into the non-paralyzed monkey that Kamoho didn't hit, putting it down. The remaining monkey yells out and kicks the yellow pokemon. It connects but the pokemon is still standing.

    Your pokedex beeps and lets you know that the yellow pokemon is a Pikachu while the monkeys are called Mankey.

    You can see the Pikachu crouch and start to charge up some more electricity. It might appreciate your help, but it's going to release that energy with extreme prejudice.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •