Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Back away from combat and wait."

    ...which was when the mankey didn't. Mordecai paused, and said in a normal non-command voice. "...oh. Paralyzed. Heh."

    Well, the command would still stick. Spinning back, he attempted his styler once more - this time to the one Kamoho had just struck, rather than the paralyzed one.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Mordecai attempts Restrain on M4!

    I will post Kamoho's actions once I see the results of this, as it may change what he does.

    (1d100-20)[51]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Watching to see if nobody is looking, Nikolas begins pacing back and forth like a drill instructor and barks in an officious tone, "Listen up men, today we're going to be hunting wild Pokemon. If fighting is sure to result in victory, you must fight," pumping his fist to punctuate his sentence.

    "Sun Jim said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than we do because he invented it. And then he perfected it so that no man could best him in the ring of honor. Then he used his fight money to buy two of every Pokemon and earth and then he herded them onto a little boat and then he made them fight each other. And from that day forward, whenever a bunch of animals are together in one place they all it a Gym!"

    He had not bothered to fact check the story, but it had been on the internet. People didn't just lie on the internet, right?
    Your pokemon look...confused. But there is no time to ponder over your story, as a flock of early birds seem to fancy you three their worms and dive toward you with loud cries of "LOW!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    They're coming toward you, but it's still your turn first. You may use both of your pokemon during this battle.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "And you! Keep away from combat as well - head slightly south!"

    Kamoho was once again a little startled by the abrupt change in Mordecai's voice as he shouted to the newly restrained mankey, but the trainer kept going - much more normal-sounding this time.

    "Kamoho! Scratch that one - the rear mankey - then get back here! Gotta keep out of range!"

    That... took Kamoho a second to mentally parse, but he finally did step to action.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kamoho will scratch M2, then move back to C6!
    He should have the movement with 'Faster'. (F7[2], G7, F7, E7, D7, C6[2] = 8 squares of movement used, he has 9). Then again, if my math is wrong, please tell me. ^_^

    Scratch attack roll: (1d20)[10]
    Scratch damage roll: (1d12+13)[21]

    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-21 at 11:55 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The water is able to close up the wounds relatively well, but not so much that they disappear entirely. A knowing eye would still be able to figure out what happened, given some time to examine him.

    The Ranger who answers is nice enough. "Hello, Sir. Oh really? That's quite unfortunate, we'll send over some Rangers immediately to take the man away. The Triangle, I'm guessing? They should get there in a few minutes."
    Pitch thanks the operator, ties up the man with bedsheets (just in case) and waits. There was always the chance they wouldn't recognize him; he wasn't that wanted, was he? Anyways, if they caught him, he could just tell the truth.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Piri Piri cringed. That was one powerful bite. He couldn't take another one of those without help, when he looked to Leo, he was already there, using a potion on his wounds.

    Turn into a wrecking ball Piri!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Potion heals (1d20)[6]
    Rollout AC 4 (2d10+20)[24] Damage [roll2] rock type. On crit [roll3]
    Karin stares at you. "Did you really just use a potion during a trainer battle? Wow, you really are new. You're just wasting your money doing that."

    Piri Piri rolls into the Ekans and does some damage, but Venom is still standing. "Keep it up, Venom!" The Ekans bites down on Piri Piri once again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (2d10+20)[24]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Thinking quickly, Nikolas readies a plan and withdraws his Pokedex. Orobas's special move, Hidden Power, was capable of hitting several targets. If he was lucky, he could remove several from the fight before they were capable as threats.

    "Orobas, Hidden Power on the trio of birds to the left. Loki, put the remaining bird to sleep."

    Hopefully this paid off.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check L1 - (1d20)[3]
    Accuracy Check L2 - (1d20)[16]
    Accuracy Check L3 - (1d20)[11]
    Accuracy Check L4 (Hypnosis) - (1d20)[6]

    L1 Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+19)[23]
    L2 Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+19)[29]
    L3 Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+19)[26]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-22 at 12:09 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Karin stares at you. "Did you really just use a potion during a trainer battle? Wow, you really are new. You're just wasting your money doing that."

    Piri Piri rolls into the Ekans and does some damage, but Venom is still standing. "Keep it up, Venom!" The Ekans bites down on Piri Piri once again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC 2 (d120)[72]
    Damage: (2d10+20)[35]
    Well I said I started yesterday, what did you expect, a tactical genius? Gym leader like judgements? tell me, did you make any mistakes in your first two days? Keep going Piri Piri,

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollout, AC 4 (d120)[72] Damage (2d10+20)[35] Crit (2d10+8)[17] by the way, assume all damage is non fatal as I can make it. Also Piri Piri is using pass move, forgot to move him. He ends up in his original square at the end of this turn.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-22 at 12:22 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "And you! Keep away from combat as well - head slightly south!"

    Kamoho was once again a little startled by the abrupt change in Mordecai's voice as he shouted to the newly restrained mankey, but the trainer kept going - much more normal-sounding this time.

    "Kamoho! Scratch that one - the rear mankey - then get back here! Gotta keep out of range!"

    That... took Kamoho a second to mentally parse, but he finally did step to action.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kamoho will scratch M2, then move back to C6!
    He should have the movement with 'Faster'. (F7[2], G7, F7, E7, D7, C6[2] = 8 squares of movement used, he has 9). Then again, if my math is wrong, please tell me. ^_^

    Scratch attack roll: [roll0]
    Scratch damage roll: [roll1]

    The non-paralyzed Mankey under your command obeys and retreats as far as it can. The other one is still unfortunately unable to move.

    Kamoho's attack brings that Mankey to its knees, within an inch of unconsciousness. Which doesn't bode well, considering...

    "CHU!!" The Pikachu launches another fearsome burst of electricity, which Kamoho just barely outruns. The sphere of lightning also doesn't quite reach the Mankey that retreated. The two that have been rooted to the ground aren't so lucky.

    The one you had restrained slumps to the ground, unconscious. The one that Kamoho just hit falls over much harder, dead.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Whoa! Thing's loaded for bear!"

    Kamoho snapped his jaws together a couple times, but Mordecai held one hand out. "Wait."

    He almost had a pokeball in hand, but in fact paused. He wanted to see what the pikachu would do.

    Still, this might be 'use electricity on Kamoho', and he didn't want that. "You! stand behind me, In the trees!"

    "You step back too, Kamoho." And with that, Mordecai released Pa'ao in front of him. "Hold on, Pa'ao. Let's see how the pikachu reacts."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ordering the mankey to stand in the trees just behind mordecai, sending out Pa'ao right in front of him, and then waiting!
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch thanks the operator, ties up the man with bedsheets (just in case) and waits. There was always the chance they wouldn't recognize him; he wasn't that wanted, was he? Anyways, if they caught him, he could just tell the truth.
    The man remains unconscious while you tie him up. A few minutes later, you hear the sounds of steps approaching your door. A knock and a "Rangers! May we come in?" later, three Rangers (two male, one female) enter your room. One of the guys sees the man tied up. "...Did you tie this guy up with bedsheets?"

    The other man smacks the first on the back of the head. "Quiet, Tony. So what happened here, young man? he asks, looking at you. He's clearly the one in charge.

    "Oh no...poor little Ducklett," the woman says when she checks on the dead pokemon. "Gone."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man remains unconscious while you tie him up. A few minutes later, you hear the sounds of steps approaching your door. A knock and a "Rangers! May we come in?" later, three Rangers (two male, one female) enter your room. One of the guys sees the man tied up. "...Did you tie this guy up with bedsheets?"

    The other man smacks the first on the back of the head. "Quiet, Tony. So what happened here, young man? he asks, looking at you. He's clearly the one in charge.

    "Oh no...poor little Ducklett," the woman says when she checks on the dead pokemon. "Gone."
    "This is probably going to sound completely insane," Pitch says, already knowing how flimsy his story is, even if true. "I was talking to my team, saying how we could work together and be great or not work together and be terrible, and this guy just, he just appeared and had was all "I'd prefer that latter." He had his Pokemon just start attacking me, a Scraggy just headbutted my Drilbur. I had no idea what was going on, so I just stabbed him with my knife. The Ducklett was an accident; it was a bird, so I figured it was Flying. Didn't know it was Water and Flying until after I'd zapped it.

    "Anyways, my team beat his badly. Me and my Oshawott took down this guy,"
    he says, gesturing at the tied up guy. "After that I had no idea what to do, so I called you guys."

    Basically the truth. Basically.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Thinking quickly, Nikolas readies a plan and withdraws his Pokedex. Orobas's special move, Hidden Power, was capable of hitting several targets. If he was lucky, he could remove several from the fight before they were capable as threats.

    "Orobas, Hidden Power on the trio of birds to the left. Loki, put the remaining bird to sleep."

    Hopefully this paid off.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check L1 - (1d20)[20]
    Accuracy Check L2 - (1d12+12)[15]
    Accuracy Check L3 - (1d12+6)[18]
    Accuracy Check L4 (Hypnosis) - [roll3]

    L1 Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll4]
    L2 Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll5]
    L3 Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll6]
    Orobas's burst of energy nails three of the approaching birds. One of them drops out of formation, knocked out by the blast. The other two falter a bit but continue their dive toward you!

    Loki's target is mesmerized and slows down, landing on the ground and falling asleep.

    The two birds still up reach the three of you, no less ferocious from having been reduced in number. One bashes into you, while the other starts to peck away at Orobas.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wing attack! (On Nikolas)
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: 34
    Crit: 13 for total of 47 from OOC
    Peck!
    AC 2 (20 from OOC)
    Damage: (1d12+12)[15]
    Critical: (1d12+6)[18]
    CRAP I double critted

    Your Pokedex beeps and lets you know that these assailants are called Taillow.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 01:01 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Well I said I started yesterday, what did you expect, a tactical genius? Gym leader like judgements? tell me, did you make any mistakes in your first two days? Keep going Piri Piri,

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollout, AC 4 (1d20)[3] Damage (1d6+10)[15] Crit [roll2] by the way, assume all damage is non fatal as I can make it. Also Piri Piri is using pass move, forgot to move him. He ends up in his original square at the end of this turn.
    "Oh, got some lip, huh?" Your Darumaka's attack knocks the Ekans out. "Great, I won't feel guilty about this then." Karin returns her Ekans and sends out a Krabby. "Claws? Fire away."

    The Krabby obliges and launches a stream of bubbles at Piri Piri.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bubble!
    AC 2 (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[15]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Whoa! Thing's loaded for bear!"

    Kamoho snapped his jaws together a couple times, but Mordecai held one hand out. "Wait."

    He almost had a pokeball in hand, but in fact paused. He wanted to see what the pikachu would do.

    Still, this might be 'use electricity on Kamoho', and he didn't want that. "You! stand behind me, In the trees!"

    "You step back too, Kamoho." And with that, Mordecai released Pa'ao in front of him. "Hold on, Pa'ao. Let's see how the pikachu reacts."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ordering the mankey to stand in the trees just behind mordecai, sending out Pa'ao right in front of him, and then waiting!
    The Pikachu's eyes follow the remaining Mankey as it shuffles behind you. Clearly, this battle is not yet over to the pokemon that was recently ambushed.

    The Pikachu walks up to you, ignoring the new mole pokemon on the field and not giving the blue one a second thought. Some electricity cackling through its cheeks, the Pikachu looks at you, past you to the Mankey behind you, and back at you again. No words are needed, the message is clear: Let me at him.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas cries out in fear as he watches the bird descend of Orobas and only barely notices the pain when the second bird smashes into him. "Use Spite on the second bird! Keep it away from Orobas!

    When Loki has positioned himelf, Nikolas prepares a Pokeball to use on the bird that had dared to attack his friend.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift Loki to G6 to use Spite on L3.
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[4]

    Capture Roll on L1 with Great Ball.
    (1d100-1)[34]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "This is probably going to sound completely insane," Pitch says, already knowing how flimsy his story is, even if true. "I was talking to my team, saying how we could work together and be great or not work together and be terrible, and this guy just, he just appeared and had was all "I'd prefer that latter." He had his Pokemon just start attacking me, a Scraggy just headbutted my Drilbur. I had no idea what was going on, so I just stabbed him with my knife. The Ducklett was an accident; it was a bird, so I figured it was Flying. Didn't know it was Water and Flying until after I'd zapped it.

    "Anyways, my team beat his badly. Me and my Oshawott took down this guy,"
    he says, gesturing at the tied up guy. "After that I had no idea what to do, so I called you guys."

    Basically the truth. Basically.
    The Rangers passively to your story, but they all noticeably react when you mention "just stabbing him" with your knife. After that, the mention of zapping the Ducklett to death only gets a sigh from the female Ranger, more out of pity than anger.

    "What kind of kid just stabs someone? That's an odd choice of words, don't you think Boss?"

    "And the dead Ducklett isn't exactly a gold star on this kid's character...

    "Like you know your types, Kate."

    "Shut up Tony, I just didn't know that Flygon--"

    "Enough, you two!" the man in charge says to cut off the other two. He then looks at you with a serious expression. "Alright, we don't make a habit of jumping to conclusions in the Rangers, despite what these two might lead you to believe. We will need you to come to the Outpost with us so we can get an official statement on the record. Also, I'm going to need that knife, young man," he says, holding his hand out.

    Out of the corners of your eyes, you can see the other two ready their hands by their belts, in case you do something crazy.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Rangers passively to your story, but they all noticeably react when you mention "just stabbing him" with your knife. After that, the mention of zapping the Ducklett to death only gets a sigh from the female Ranger, more out of pity than anger.

    "What kind of kid just stabs someone? That's an odd choice of words, don't you think Boss?"

    "And the dead Ducklett isn't exactly a gold star on this kid's character...

    "Like you know your types, Kate."

    "Shut up Tony, I just didn't know that Flygon--"

    "Enough, you two!" the man in charge says to cut off the other two. He then looks at you with a serious expression. "Alright, we don't make a habit of jumping to conclusions in the Rangers, despite what these two might lead you to believe. We will need you to come to the Outpost with us so we can get an official statement on the record. Also, I'm going to need that knife, young man," he says, holding his hand out.

    Out of the corners of your eyes, you can see the other two ready their hands by their belts, in case you do something crazy.
    Pitch glares at the man for a fraction of a second. He didn't want to give over his knife, but did he have a choice?

    "Here," he says, tossing the knife to the man. "And I'm not 'some kid,' alright? I'm an adult. The dude just appeared and attacked me. What would you do? Ask what he's doing?
    "
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  18. - Top - End - #468
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas cries out in fear as he watches the bird descend of Orobas and only barely notices the pain when the second bird smashes into him. "Use Spite on the second bird! Keep it away from Orobas!

    When Loki has positioned himelf, Nikolas prepares a Pokeball to use on the bird that had dared to attack his friend.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift Loki to G6 to use Spite on L3.
    Accuracy Check - [roll0]

    Capture Roll on L1 with Great Ball.
    [roll1]
    The pokeball hits the offending Taillow in the face and sucks it in. The ball bounces around for a bit as it fights to get back into the fight, but eventually clicks shut. You caught Taillow!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 8, Female
    Ability: Vital Spirit (good thing you didn't Hypnosis this one!)
    Nature: Proud
    HP 4 (+1)
    ATK 6
    DEF 3
    SATK 3 (-2)
    SDEF 3
    SPD 9
    HP: 10%

    Loki is able to draw the remaining Taillow's attention. The anger penetrates the bird's mind, and also gives it a new target. The Taillow charges at Loki with surprising speed, but its attack passes straight through your Gastly. Loki laughs, as per usual.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Attack!
    Does not hit Gastly!

    The distant Taillow is still asleep, but still at full health as well.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch glares at the man for a fraction of a second. He didn't want to give over his knife, but did he have a choice?

    "Here," he says, tossing the knife to the man. "And I'm not 'some kid,' alright? I'm an adult. The dude just appeared and attacked me. What would you do? Ask what he's doing?
    "
    The younger man gives some snark back to your snark. "I'd probably offer him a glass of water, ask him--ow!"

    Another smack to the head shut him up. The older one puts your knife into an evidence bag. "Thank you, young man. Tony, grab the thug. Kate, carry the Ducklett. We can all head to the Outpost together," he says, motioning for you to follow him out of the door. Kate and Tony continue bickering about whatever incident they had in mind as you guys walk to the Outpost.

    When you get there, Kate and Tony each head through a different door. The older man turns to you. "Come with me, please. We'll go to an interview room."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The younger man gives some snark back to your snark. "I'd probably offer him a glass of water, ask him--ow!"

    Another smack to the head shut him up. The older one puts your knife into an evidence bag. "Thank you, young man. Tony, grab the thug. Kate, carry the Ducklett. We can all head to the Outpost together," he says, motioning for you to follow him out of the door. Kate and Tony continue bickering about whatever incident they had in mind as you guys walk to the Outpost.

    When you get there, Kate and Tony each head through a different door. The older man turns to you. "Come with me, please. We'll go to an interview room."
    Pitch nods, following and not saying a word.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  21. - Top - End - #471
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods, following and not saying a word.
    The man also does not say a word until you reach the entrance to the interview room. He opens the door and follows you inside. The room is pretty standard, two seats on opposite ends of a plain table with an overhead light. "Please, take a seat."

    He moves to the other chair, but does not sit quite yet. "I just realized that I never introduced myself. I'm Agent Gibbs," he says, offering you his hand.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The man also does not say a word until you reach the entrance to the interview room. He opens the door and follows you inside. The room is pretty standard, two seats on opposite ends of a plain table with an overhead light. "Please, take a seat."

    He moves to the other chair, but does not sit quite yet. "I just realized that I never introduced myself. I'm Agent Gibbs," he says, offering you his hand.
    "Pitch," Pitch says, shaking his hand.

    "So are you just taking my statement?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Pitch," Pitch says, shaking his hand.

    "So are you just taking my statement?"
    Gibbs nods and sits down. "That's the plan." He has no pen or paper out, and he just looks straight at you while he talks. "And the first step to doing that is to get your full name. What's your last name, Pitch?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 01:37 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Gibbs nods and sits down. "That's the plan." He has no pen or paper out, and he just looks straight at you while he talks. "And the first step to doing that is to get your full name. What's your last name, Pitch?"
    "Oh, sorry. Stevens. Pitch Stevens."

    Pitch says almost exactly what he said earlier.

    "I don't know if your partner was kidding or not about the stabbing being weird, but a random guy appeared in my room and assualted me and my Pokemon. I was just defending myself."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  25. - Top - End - #475
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Oh, sorry. Stevens. Pitch Stevens."

    Pitch says almost exactly what he said earlier.

    "I don't know if your partner was kidding or not about the stabbing being weird, but a random guy appeared in my room and assualted me and my Pokemon. I was just defending myself."
    Your explanation gets no discernable reaction from Gibbs. He sits still, and it takes him a little bit to respond. The brief silence feels quite a bit longer than it should have. Eventually, he gets up and speaks again. "I'm going to get some coffee. Would you like anything, Mr. Stevens?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 01:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas throws a ball at the remaining weakened Taillow and stands defensively over Orobas, not wanting any more harm to come over it. Orobas had protected him time and time again, it was time that he did his part. "Just keep it busy Loki, while I catch it." He wasn't strong like his Pokemon, but that didn't matter, he had other weapons up his sleeve.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nikolas uses Poke Ball on L3.
    Capture Roll: (1d100+4)[24]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-22 at 01:45 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your explanation gets no discernable reaction from Gibbs. He sits still, and it takes him a little bit to respond. The brief silence feels quite a bit longer than it should have. Eventually, he gets up and speaks again. "I'm going to get some coffee. Would you like anything, Mr. Stevens?"
    "I'd take a water, if that's OK," Pitch says, trying to act natural.

    Muk, he's going to tell his buddies to lock me away.... Or he could actually be going to get coffee. If I run, they'll definitely do something to me. If I say, it's only likely.

    Pitch may drum on the table to no discernible tune while he waits for Gibbs to return.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  28. - Top - End - #478
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas throws a ball at the remaining weakened Taillow and stands defensively over Orobas, not wanting any more harm to come over it. Orobas had protected him time and time again, it was time that he did his part. "Just keep it busy Loki, while I catch it." He wasn't strong like his Pokemon, but that didn't matter, he had other weapons up his sleeve.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nikolas uses Poke Ball on L3.
    Capture Roll: [roll0]
    Another Poke Ball, another Taillow disappearing in a flash of light. This one ends the same way--the ball clicks shut. You caught another Taillow!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 8, Male
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Patient
    HP 4
    ATK 6
    DEF 3
    SATK 3
    SDEF 3
    SPD 9
    HP: 5%


    The last Taillow remains asleep some distance away.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai half-smirked. "Well aren't you a murderous rat? Heh."

    Upon which he took half a step forward, pokeball in one hand, styler in the other. "Sorry, but nope. This one is under my command now. I know wilds will be wilds, but I'm not betraying anyone in my team - no matter how temporarily!"

    He hoisted up the slightly surprised Kamoho, placing him on his shoulder. "But! I wanted to help you out of that ambush, so I have."

    "This way. We'll talk when not right here." He ordered, as he started simply walking away, the mankey in front of him, totodile on his shoulder, drilbur a halfstep behind.

    ...although he was paying at least some attention to the electric rat. That Kantolin wants so badly, you are evil evil evil HZ.

    "Pa'ao." He muttered. "He tries to zap us, stop him from doing so." The drilbur blinked, slightly confused, but he did nod. Mordecai was really just going to walk away?
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  30. - Top - End - #480
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "I'd take a water, if that's OK," Pitch says, trying to act natural.

    Muk, he's going to tell his buddies to lock me away.... Or he could actually be going to get coffee. If I run, they'll definitely do something to me. If I say, it's only likely.

    Pitch may drum on the table to no discernible tune while he waits for Gibbs to return.
    "Water," Gibbs repeats as he walks out of the door.

    It should only take about a minute to get the drinks.

    A minute passes, and Gibbs is not back yet.

    Another minute passes--still no Gibbs.

    The light above you flickers momentarily. You are still alone.

    You can't tell how much time has passed at this point, but Gibbs still has not returned.

    The light flickers again.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •