Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Water," Gibbs repeats as he walks out of the door.

    It should only take about a minute to get the drinks.

    A minute passes, and Gibbs is not back yet.

    Another minute passes--still no Gibbs.

    The light above you flickers momentarily. You are still alone.

    You can't tell how much time has passed at this point, but Gibbs still has not returned.

    The light flickers again.
    At this point, Pitch is freaking out a little bit. Was the water across the city? What was taking him so long....

    Pitch tries to keep the signs in check. He really does. He stops drumming and pulls out his Pokedex to read stuff about his Pokemon, hoping that will be enough to make him seem normal. Pay attention to the 'dex, not how long it is taking the water to get here. Pokedex. Not Gibbs. Pokedex.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai half-smirked. "Well aren't you a murderous rat? Heh."

    Upon which he took half a step forward, pokeball in one hand, styler in the other. "Sorry, but nope. This one is under my command now. I know wilds will be wilds, but I'm not betraying anyone in my team - no matter how temporarily!"

    He hoisted up the slightly surprised Kamoho, placing him on his shoulder. "But! I wanted to help you out of that ambush, so I have."

    "This way. We'll talk when not right here." He ordered, as he started simply walking away, the mankey in front of him, totodile on his shoulder, drilbur a halfstep behind.

    ...although he was paying at least some attention to the electric rat. That Kantolin wants so badly, you are evil evil evil HZ.

    "Pa'ao." He muttered. "He tries to zap us, stop him from doing so." The drilbur blinked, slightly confused, but he did nod. Mordecai was really just going to walk away?
    Muahahaha!
    The Pikachu starts to follow behind your party as you begin to take your leave, but only goes a few steps. Then it stops. Perhaps it did the math in its head and knew there was no way it could get to the Mankey without being in serious trouble. Perhaps it respected your decision to stand by your team. Whatever the reason, the result is almost instantaneous. The Pikachu turns tail and runs off, very soon out of sight.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    At this point, Pitch is freaking out a little bit. Was the water across the city? What was taking him so long....

    Pitch tries to keep the signs in check. He really does. He stops drumming and pulls out his Pokedex to read stuff about his Pokemon, hoping that will be enough to make him seem normal. Pay attention to the 'dex, not how long it is taking the water to get here. Pokedex. Not Gibbs. Pokedex.
    Another minute passes. Suddenly, the door opens! Gibbs walks back in, sets a glass of water down in front of you. He has a cup of coffee in his hand, which he takes a sip from. He speaks in the same tone as before. "Sorry about the wait. Had to brew a fresh batch of coffee."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Another minute passes. Suddenly, the door opens! Gibbs walks back in, sets a glass of water down in front of you. He has a cup of coffee in his hand, which he takes a sip from. He speaks in the same tone as before. "Sorry about the wait. Had to brew a fresh batch of coffee."
    "Was worried you'd gotten lost and I'd be stuck here all night," Pitch says with a strained laugh.

    "Is that all for the night? I already paid for the hotel room, and I'd hate for the only use it gets to be for me getting assaulted."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    In a panic Nikolas forgets to return Orobas to his ball and instead, bends down to scoop up the unconscious Pokemon from the ground and rushes him to the Pokemon Center in town. He leaves the sleeping Taillow on its own runs in a frantic line toward Orum, hoping that Loki follows him from behind.

    (1d20)[17]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-22 at 02:08 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Was worried you'd gotten lost and I'd be stuck here all night," Pitch says with a strained laugh.

    "Is that all for the night? I already paid for the hotel room, and I'd hate for the only use it gets to be for me getting assaulted."
    Gibbs seems to relent a slight smile at your joke. "Don't worry about your room, Mr. Stevens. We talked to the Triangle clerk. He felt bad letting you stay there, considering what happened. He agreed to give you a full refund. Here you go." Gibbs pulls out ^100 and hands it to you.

    "But unfortunately, we are not quite done yet. I have a few more questions for you. First, could you tell me what happened again?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Gibbs seems to relent a slight smile at your joke. "Don't worry about your room, Mr. Stevens. We talked to the Triangle clerk. He felt bad letting you stay there, considering what happened. He agreed to give you a full refund. Here you go." Gibbs pulls out ^100 and hands it to you.

    "But unfortunately, we are not quite done yet. I have a few more questions for you. First, could you tell me what happened again?"
    "Oh. Well, that's generous of him," Pitch says, both glad and a little saddened at the news. Took away his excuse.

    "Again?" Pitch asks, and, at the nod, tells it another muking time.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    In a panic Nikolas forgets to return Orobas to his ball and instead, bends down to scoop up the unconscious Pokemon from the ground and rushes him to the Pokemon Center in town. He leaves the sleeping Taillow on its own runs in a frantic line toward Orum, hoping that Loki follows him from behind.

    [roll0]
    You manage to hightail it the heck out of there with Loki close behind. The Taillow is still sound asleep for all you know.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Orobas and Loki each receive 300 EXP from the encounter!


    The nurse's head snaps up when you rush into the Center. "Whoa, are you alright, young man?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 02:18 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    It was after quite a few steps that Mordecai halted. "Nothing, Pa'ao?"

    The drilbur wasn't certain how to respond, but Mordecai took his lack of response as a yes anyway. Summarily, he turned to the mankey.

    "So!" Out came a pokeball. "I'd ask you not to resist this, but given the circumstances... I dunno. What do you think?"

    That wasn't a command per se. Mordecai looked into the mankey's eyes.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  10. - Top - End - #490
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Oh. Well, that's generous of him," Pitch says, both glad and a little saddened at the news. Took away his excuse.

    "Again?" Pitch asks, and, at the nod, tells it another muking time.
    The lack of nods from Gibbs as you relate the story again are slightly disconcerting, but there can be no mistaking the fact that he is listening. When you're done, he simply asks, "Why do you think that guy attacked you?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    It was after quite a few steps that Mordecai halted. "Nothing, Pa'ao?"

    The drilbur wasn't certain how to respond, but Mordecai took his lack of response as a yes anyway. Summarily, he turned to the mankey.

    "So!" Out came a pokeball. "I'd ask you not to resist this, but given the circumstances... I dunno. What do you think?"

    That wasn't a command per se. Mordecai looked into the mankey's eyes.
    There is a definite fire in the Mankey's eyes from his life in the wild, but the look you see is undoubtedly one of gratitude and admiration. Both he and you had seen the Pikachu ruthlessly put down every other Mankey he had been traveling with, and you had the guts and compassion to stand between him and it.

    The Mankey lost all of his friends. You protected it when no one else could. It's ready to return the favor to you whenever. He looks at the pokeball, looks at you, and nods.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The lack of nods from Gibbs as you relate the story again are slightly disconcerting, but there can be no mistaking the fact that he is listening. When you're done, he simply asks, "Why do you think that guy attacked you?"
    "Honestly? I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that when I battled Leia today there was an accident. Thales, my Oshawott, hit her Cubchoo harder than it needed to and accidentally killed it. She was broken up about it; maybe somebody wanted to hurt me as revenge? He did mention wanting to take my Pokemon; somebody thinking I wasn't fit to be a trainer after that? Other than that, I haven't really done anything here, especially not anything to warrant myself being attacked."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  13. - Top - End - #493
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Honestly? I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that when I battled Leia today there was an accident. Thales, my Oshawott, hit her Cubchoo harder than it needed to and accidentally killed it. She was broken up about it; maybe somebody wanted to hurt me as revenge? He did mention wanting to take my Pokemon; somebody thinking I wasn't fit to be a trainer after that? Other than that, I haven't really done anything here, especially not anything to warrant myself being attacked."
    "Shame about that Cubchoo yesterday. And that Ducklett today." His tone is clinical, his words surgical. He notices an oddity in what you just said. "You haven't really done anything...here?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Shame about that Cubchoo yesterday. And that Ducklett today." His tone is clinical, his words surgical. He notices an oddity in what you just said. "You haven't really done anything...here?"
    "Or back home. My life tends to be pretty boring, other than that. Anyways, whoever the guy was though, he has some training. Guy kicked harder than a Luxio can Tackle. And trust me, I know from experience," he says, hoping he can change the subject. "Could it be Ostra? Do they waste their time teleporting members into the hotel rooms of new trainers?" realizign how ridiculous that is as he says it. "Nevermind. That sounded a lot better in my head."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  15. - Top - End - #495
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Or back home. My life tends to be pretty boring, other than that. Anyways, whoever the guy was though, he has some training. Guy kicked harder than a Luxio can Tackle. And trust me, I know from experience," he says, hoping he can change the subject. "Could it be Ostra? Do they waste their time teleporting members into the hotel rooms of new trainers?" realizign how ridiculous that is as he says it. "Nevermind. That sounded a lot better in my head."
    Finally, Gibbs' tone lightens. "It very well could be Ostra. There's no way to know who took out the hit on you, though. We'll ask the thug when he wakes up, but I don't expect much." He stands up and motions for you to do so as well. "Thank you for your time, you were a great help." He escorts you out to the waiting area, to the front door. "Go enjoy your free hotel room."

    As you walk out, he calls out after you, "And try to stay out of trouble, Steven--I mean, Mr. Stevens."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Finally, Gibbs' tone lightens. "It very well could be Ostra. There's no way to know who took out the hit on you, though. We'll ask the thug when he wakes up, but I don't expect much." He stands up and motions for you to do so as well. "Thank you for your time, you were a great help." He escorts you out to the waiting area, to the front door. "Go enjoy your free hotel room."

    As you walk out, he calls out after you, "And try to stay out of trouble, Steven--I mean, Mr. Stevens."
    "Oh, if he does turn out to be Ostra, is there any way I could have his Pokemon? I know they're probably forfeit to the Rangers or something, but if there is any way I could take care of them, that would be awesome."

    "Oh, and my knife! When would I get that back?"

    Whatever answer he gets, Pitch heads back to the hotel, stopping by the front desk.

    "Hey, just wondering. Did you refund the cost of my hotel room?" he asks, unsure whether or not Gibbs was keeping him there or if the hotel had actually paid.

    After that answer, Pitch goes to his room for some well earned sleep, letting his Pokemon sleep out of their Pokeballs.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Oh, got some lip, huh?" Your Darumaka's attack knocks the Ekans out. "Great, I won't feel guilty about this then." Karin returns her Ekans and sends out a Krabby. "Claws? Fire away."

    The Krabby obliges and launches a stream of bubbles at Piri Piri.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bubble!
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+6)[8]
    Really, you're the one who started being rude in the first place. Besides, that potion allowed me to beat the Ekans. So its probably just sour grapes. I really don't like this girl. Then Piri Piri went down after being hit by the Krabby's attack. Leo scans the Krabby before releasing Beula. So we're playing type advantage huh? Well Beula lets go.

    Beula cried out, and sent a jolt of electricity towards the water type.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock! AC2 paralyze on 17-20. (1d20)[20] Electric Damage [1d12+14[/roll] on crit (1d12+6)[8]
    Rolling damage in OOC, got 17. Remember all damage I do this battle is nonlethal or whatever. Please don't kill the krabby (but I don't think it will)
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-22 at 06:53 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Sure thing, Miss." He hands you the items you requested and takes your money. "And I believe we have most every TM that the casinos in town don't have a monopoly on. Which one did you have in mind?"
    "Umm, Light Screen, if you have it." As he pulls it out and reads off the price, she shakes her head slightly. "Oh. Umm, I'm sorry, but I don't have enough," she says, starting to trail off, but forcing her voice back to something more regular as Randel, still floating alongside her, seems to reproach her with a silent look. They've faced five times their number in Pokemon and come out alive, so why's she embarrassed by a simple mistake, it seemed to be thinking. "I'm sorry for making you bring it out, but I don't seem to have enough money for it yet." Randel bumps against her, encouragingly, and she pets him.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Oh, if he does turn out to be Ostra, is there any way I could have his Pokemon? I know they're probably forfeit to the Rangers or something, but if there is any way I could take care of them, that would be awesome."

    "Oh, and my knife! When would I get that back?"

    Whatever answer he gets, Pitch heads back to the hotel, stopping by the front desk.

    "Hey, just wondering. Did you refund the cost of my hotel room?" he asks, unsure whether or not Gibbs was keeping him there or if the hotel had actually paid.

    After that answer, Pitch goes to his room for some well earned sleep, letting his Pokemon sleep out of their Pokeballs.
    An amused look passes over Gibbs' face. "Don't push your luck. The Pokemon will be sent to the appropriate gyms. But here," he says, pulling your knife out of his pocket and tossing it to you. "In case you need it for self-defense again sometime."

    When you reach the front desk, the clerk hears your question without looking up. He dispassionately points to a sign beside him that reads simply, "No refunds."

    You are, however, sent to another room since the first one is a crime scene at this point. It's identical to the first.

    The next morning rolls around and you are awoken by the alarm clock. Evidently it had been set to go off at 8:00 AM by someone else.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    An amused look passes over Gibbs' face. "Don't push your luck. The Pokemon will be sent to the appropriate gyms. But here," he says, pulling your knife out of his pocket and tossing it to you. "In case you need it for self-defense again sometime."

    When you reach the front desk, the clerk hears your question without looking up. He dispassionately points to a sign beside him that reads simply, "No refunds."

    You are, however, sent to another room since the first one is a crime scene at this point. It's identical to the first.

    The next morning rolls around and you are awoken by the alarm clock. Evidently it had been set to go off at 8:00 AM by someone else.
    "Thanks," Pitch says, glad to have gotten his knife back. At least he would have something.

    Pitch simply nods at the clerk's answer, his suspicions confirmed.

    Before going to bed, Pitch checks his knife to make sure it hadn't been tinkered with.

    Finally, after waking in the morning, he heads straight to the Pokemart.

    "Four buckets today."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  21. - Top - End - #501
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Really, you're the one who started being rude in the first place. Besides, that potion allowed me to beat the Ekans. So its probably just sour grapes. I really don't like this girl. Then Piri Piri went down after being hit by the Krabby's attack. Leo scans the Krabby before releasing Beula. So we're playing type advantage huh? Well Beula lets go.

    Beula cried out, and sent a jolt of electricity towards the water type.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock! AC2 paralyze on 17-20. (2d10+18)[27] Electric Damage [1d12+14[/roll] on crit [roll1]
    Rolling damage in OOC, got 17. Remember all damage I do this battle is nonlethal or whatever. Please don't kill the krabby (but I don't think it will)
    The Krabby pulls out a berry and quickly eats it as your Mareep shocks it. Still, the Krabby slumps over as a result of the attack.

    "I'm surprised you even know what type advantage is, to be honest. Alright, time for a pop quiz hotshot." She returns the Krabby and sends out a Golett. "Go, Trump! Do what you do best."

    The Golett winds up and unleashes an ephemeral fist into your Mareep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Punch!
    Always hits.
    Damage: (2d10+18)[27]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Umm, Light Screen, if you have it." As he pulls it out and reads off the price, she shakes her head slightly. "Oh. Umm, I'm sorry, but I don't have enough," she says, starting to trail off, but forcing her voice back to something more regular as Randel, still floating alongside her, seems to reproach her with a silent look. They've faced five times their number in Pokemon and come out alive, so why's she embarrassed by a simple mistake, it seemed to be thinking. "I'm sorry for making you bring it out, but I don't seem to have enough money for it yet." Randel bumps against her, encouragingly, and she pets him.
    The shopkeeper puts the TM away. "Don't worry about it, the TM will still be here when you do have enough for it."

    Stephanie purchases a few Pokeballs and Potions as well. Then she turns to you. "So what should we do now?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai smiled. "Works for me!"

    He held the pokeball forward. "Welcome to the team, Kaulu!"

    It wasn't until after the pokeball effect that Mordecai pawed at his side-holster. "...huh. Ah right, I only had three... boy was I lucky that none of them failed on me, yikes!"

    He halted, looking at the filled pokeballs he had. "Wow, our team's pretty big already. And you're getting some good biting in, right?"

    Kamoho snapped his jaws together, as Mordecai flinched. "Yeesh, there'll be more today. But I need to get more pokeballs first - let's return to town."

    And with that, he headed back - to the centre first, as he had a mankey who needed healing, then the store.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper puts the TM away. "Don't worry about it, the TM will still be here when you do have enough for it."

    Stephanie purchases a few Pokeballs and Potions as well. Then she turns to you. "So what should we do now?"
    "I'm...uh, not really sure. Anything you want to do before tomorrow?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thanks," Pitch says, glad to have gotten his knife back. At least he would have something.

    Pitch simply nods at the clerk's answer, his suspicions confirmed.

    Before going to bed, Pitch checks his knife to make sure it hadn't been tinkered with.

    Finally, after waking in the morning, he heads straight to the Pokemart.

    "Four buckets today."
    Your knife looks exactly the same as it always has.

    The shopkeeper gives you a slight nod when you walk in. "Four buckets," he repeats as he puts four buckets on the counter.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai smiled. "Works for me!"

    He held the pokeball forward. "Welcome to the team, Kaulu!"

    It wasn't until after the pokeball effect that Mordecai pawed at his side-holster. "...huh. Ah right, I only had three... boy was I lucky that none of them failed on me, yikes!"

    He halted, looking at the filled pokeballs he had. "Wow, our team's pretty big already. And you're getting some good biting in, right?"

    Kamoho snapped his jaws together, as Mordecai flinched. "Yeesh, there'll be more today. But I need to get more pokeballs first - let's return to town."

    And with that, he headed back - to the centre first, as he had a mankey who needed healing, then the store.
    It's a little bit past noon by the time you reach the Center. As the town bustles around you, plenty of trainers walk to and fro. You see a Clamperl cradled in a girl's arms, a Granbull looking quite intimidating next to its trainer, and a pair of Cleffas playing with each other while their trainer talks on the phone.

    When you step into the Center, the trainers around the place are all abuzz about something. You gather the topic of interest is a mysterious trainer who "accidentally" let loose six rare pokemon in the Center for everyone to scan. The nurse happily heals your pokemon and hands them back to you.

    As you approach the Mart, you can see Pitch walk out carrying a couple of buckets while his Oshawott holds another one. You're still a little bit too far to say hello, and he heads toward the town gate without noticing you.

    "How may I help you, young man?" the shopkeeper asks when he sees you walk in.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas scrambles to the counter and places Orobas as gently as he can in his fluster, "It's my Abra, we got attacked by some birds just now. We beat them away but he got hit really bad." How had this happened? Only days ago, they had been on the top of their game and today, an unlucky hit sent them spiraling downwards with bad luck. What if he hadn't been able to catch the two birds? Would his attempted have made them angier? He really didn't want to know.

    "Is he going to be alright? He's not dying right?"

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your knife looks exactly the same as it always has.

    The shopkeeper gives you a slight nod when you walk in. "Four buckets," he repeats as he puts four buckets on the counter.
    Pitch nods at the shopkeeper, taking the buckets. He realeases Thales and Shovel, giving each a bucket.

    Pitch begins making trips, keeping an eye out for any wild Pokemon he could scan as well as anything he could battle.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  29. - Top - End - #509
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "I'm...uh, not really sure. Anything you want to do before tomorrow?"
    Stephanie shrugs. "We could try to make some money! I've heard these shopkeepers usually have some odd jobs for trainers to do." She turns to the guy and asks, "So is there any sort of work we can do for you?"

    For the first time, you notice that the shopkeeper has been quite distracted this whole time, glancing at his Pokegear every so often. "Huh? Oh, actually...yeah, there is one thing. You see, I have this Gothita and she's always loved to help around the store. But lately, she's been disappearing for long periods of time and I have no idea where she goes. This time she's been gone for a few days now. If you two could find her or find out where she goes, I'd be eternally grateful!" There is noticeable distress in the man's voice as he speaks, explaining exactly what his Gothita looks like.

    "I'd be glad to help! Shall we, Celeste?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas scrambles to the counter and places Orobas as gently as he can in his fluster, "It's my Abra, we got attacked by some birds just now. We beat them away but he got hit really bad." How had this happened? Only days ago, they had been on the top of their game and today, an unlucky hit sent them spiraling downwards with bad luck. What if he hadn't been able to catch the two birds? Would his attempted have made them angier? He really didn't want to know.

    "Is he going to be alright? He's not dying right?"
    "Oh! Here, I'll rush him back for some treatment," the nurse says, taking your Abra and running into the back.

    An orderly comes out and lets you know, "It'll be alright. Your Abra will make a full recovery." He also takes your other pokemon to get healed, and he returns them to you shortly.

    Eventually the nurse returns with Orobas in her arms. He is asleep when she hands him to you. "He's healthy again. Don't worry, I've seen plenty worse injuries than the ones your Abra suffered today. He's just napping it off now."

    "Be careful out there!
    " she says as she heads back to the counter.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •