Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods at the shopkeeper, taking the buckets. He realeases Thales and Shovel, giving each a bucket.

    Pitch begins making trips, keeping an eye out for any wild Pokemon he could scan as well as anything he could battle.
    Your first trip goes by without much happening. The only thing out of the ordinary is that a faint buzzing reaches your ears occasionally. The shopkeeper acknowledges you when you return and you head back out.

    The buzzing is gone, but an occasional gust of wind sweeps past you. Down by the river this time, you see a group of yellow worm-like pokemon slithering along. They may or may not have noticed you, but they certainly aren't reacting to your presence.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Krabby pulls out a berry and quickly eats it as your Mareep shocks it. Still, the Krabby slumps over as a result of the attack.

    "I'm surprised you even know what type advantage is, to be honest. Alright, time for a pop quiz hotshot." She returns the Krabby and sends out a Golett. "Go, Trump! Do what you do best."

    The Golett winds up and unleashes an ephemeral fist into your Mareep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Punch!
    Always hits.
    Damage: [roll0]
    Really, she's quizzing me on types? I bet I know more than she does.Gollet huh? That'll be nothing but trouble. I concede Beula. Her electric and normal attacks will do nothing against him. Nightlock, you're up. Leo scans the Golett as the Munchlax appeared.

    Time for a little quiz for you. When can I hit your golett with tackle? Nightlock, you know what to do. The munchlax draws a huge breath in with his nose, and smiles widely. Your move Karin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nightlock uses Odor Sleuth! He can now hit ghosts with normal/fighting. He sees through double team, and isn't affected by speed evasion. He also cannot have his move accuracy increased by opposing moves.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-22 at 04:50 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Really, she's quizzing me on types? I bet I know more than she does.Gollet huh? That'll be nothing but trouble. I concede Beula. Her electric and normal attacks will do nothing against him. Nightlock, you're up. Leo scans the Golett as the Munchlax appeared.

    Time for a little quiz for you. When can I hit your golett with tackle? Nightlock, you know what to do. The munchlax draws a huge breath in with his nose, and smiles widely. Your move Karin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nightlock uses Odor Sleuth! He can now hit ghosts with normal/fighting. He sees through double team, and isn't affected by speed evasion. He also cannot have his move accuracy increased by opposing moves.
    "Cute. Futile, though. Gateway was the first gym I challenged, and Trip was nice enough to give me a useful TM. Trump, I think Tubby over there wants to smell you. Go help it out."

    The Golett lumbers up to your Munchlax and tries to slam an open hand straight into Nightlock's nose.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Brick Break!
    AC 2 (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (3d10+22)[40]


    Seeing the attack miss, Karin curses loudly.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 05:01 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Cute. Futile, though. Gateway was the first gym I challenged, and Trip was nice enough to give me a useful TM. Trump, I think Tubby over there wants to smell you. Go help it out."

    The Golett lumbers up to your Munchlax and tries to slam an open hand straight into Nightlock's nose.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Brick Break!
    AC 2 (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (2d8+20)[31]


    Seeing the attack miss, Karin curses loudly.
    [I]That looked like a fighting type move, dangerous. But why would she give a TM from a gym leader win to one of her second stringers?[/spoiler]

    Is that Golett one of your main team members? Then he turned to his Munchlax. Go for it Nightlock!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 3, normal type, but hits ghosts. (1d20)[13] Damage (2d8+20)[31] on crit (2d8+6)[19]

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    [I]That looked like a fighting type move, dangerous. But why would she give a TM from a gym leader win to one of her second stringers?[/spoiler]

    Is that Golett one of your main team members? Then he turned to his Munchlax. Go for it Nightlock!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, AC 3, normal type, but hits ghosts. (1d20)[20] Damage (3d10+22)[35] on crit [roll2]
    Your Munchlax makes contact, which clearly annoys the Golett. It's probably not used to getting hit at all.

    "What? Enough of your stupid questions, I'm tired of dealing with you. Guess what you can spend your money on when you don't waste it all using potions during trainer fights? Show him, Trump."

    The Golett winds up again and brings down another open hand on your Munchlax's face.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Brick Break!
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (3d10+22)[35]
    Crit: Another 30 from this OOC roll.


    Karin crosses her arms. "Your move, Leo."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your first trip goes by without much happening. The only thing out of the ordinary is that a faint buzzing reaches your ears occasionally. The shopkeeper acknowledges you when you return and you head back out.

    The buzzing is gone, but an occasional gust of wind sweeps past you. Down by the river this time, you see a group of yellow worm-like pokemon slithering along. They may or may not have noticed you, but they certainly aren't reacting to your presence.
    Pitch sends out Outlet as well, scanning the Pokemon, waiting for data to come. He also tries to count how many there are.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    What was that? What was that? What was that?

    ...oh right, he had a pokedex. Out it came, and he beeped it a few times. "Clamperl... Cleffa... Granbull - wait, Granbull?" He properly looked up. "Oh, heh - I know /that/ one." He nudged Kamoho. "You'd like those. They bite things."

    "Dile?" Kamoho snapped his jaws.

    "Yeah, heh."

    Healing, and then he was at the mart.

    "Hello! Do you have any pokeballs?" He paused, looking at the nearby chance ball with eyes that were increasingly wide like a child in a candy store... then the look faded entirely, as he looked at the price tag attached to said ball, again like a child in a candy store.

    "Yeah, just pokeballs. Three of them, I think." He said, in a much more dejected tone.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch sends out Outlet as well, scanning the Pokemon, waiting for data to come. He also tries to count how many there are.
    Your pokedex retrieves information on a pokemon called "Dunsparce" before too long. As it works, you try to count but fail because you forget what comes after 2 count there are three of these pokemon.

    They haven't made it very far, as they're traveling at a very leisurely pace.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map! (Just in case)
    You and your pokemon can exchange spots if you choose.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 05:46 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Thales, go right up to them. Tell them that if they join, they'll get food and such. Don't be hostile to start. Just nod if they agree or shake your head if they say no."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    What was that? What was that? What was that?

    ...oh right, he had a pokedex. Out it came, and he beeped it a few times. "Clamperl... Cleffa... Granbull - wait, Granbull?" He properly looked up. "Oh, heh - I know /that/ one." He nudged Kamoho. "You'd like those. They bite things."

    "Dile?" Kamoho snapped his jaws.

    "Yeah, heh."

    Healing, and then he was at the mart.

    "Hello! Do you have any pokeballs?" He paused, looking at the nearby chance ball with eyes that were increasingly wide like a child in a candy store... then the look faded entirely, as he looked at the price tag attached to said ball, again like a child in a candy store.

    "Yeah, just pokeballs. Three of them, I think." He said, in a much more dejected tone.
    "Got your eyes on one of those Chance Balls, huh? Those are really popular. Pretty random but they range from good to amazing." He sells you three Poke Balls with a smile on his face. "Gotta have something to dream for, right?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your Munchlax makes contact, which clearly annoys the Golett. It's probably not used to getting hit at all.

    "What? Enough of your stupid questions, I'm tired of dealing with you. Guess what you can spend your money on when you don't waste it all using potions during trainer fights? Show him, Trump."

    The Golett winds up again and brings down another open hand on your Munchlax's face.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Brick Break!
    AC 2 [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: Another 30 from this OOC roll.


    Karin crosses her arms. "Your move, Leo."
    Nightlock flew backwards and hit a tree hard. He slumped to the ground, limp and unmoving. No! Nightlock Leo ran to the munchlax, and felt his neck. No Pulse. His wrist. No Pulse. His lungs. No Breath.

    No. Don't do this, you can make it. Beula shock him now! A flash of red light, and the mareep stood next to the kneeling Leo, sparks came off of it's coat, and a jolt of electricity shot into Nightlocks chest. And again, and again, and again.

    Just as Leo was drowning in tears, he felt Nightlocks's chest move, a slight rattling breath. He had been revived. He needs medical treatment now. But first ... He turns to Karin.

    YOU MUKING EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING. YOU USED A SUPER EFFECTIVE MOVE AND PRACTICALLY ORDERED YOUR MON TO KILL! BE GLAD I'M NOT STRONGER, OR I WOULD DUMP YOU IN A VOLCANO AND LET THE HETRAN HAVE YOU! Without waiting for a response, he picked Nightlock up, and ran to the center.

    When he gets there, he runs to the nearest nurse. Hurry, he's in critical condition, and needs help. He stopped breathing at one point.

    When the nurse had taken him away, he whispered It will never happen, I promise.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-22 at 05:57 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thales, go right up to them. Tell them that if they join, they'll get food and such. Don't be hostile to start. Just nod if they agree or shake your head if they say no."
    From your point of view, your Oshawott walks up to them and strikes up a conversation of sorts. You can't hear much of anything, not that you would understand it anyway.

    Thales turns around to face you. He starts to shake his head, but suddenly falls over on his face, blindsided by an attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage!
    AC 2 (1d20)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[17]


    The other two Dunsparce then pile on as well, smashing into the prone Oshawott.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC 2 (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[15]
    AC 2 (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[14]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Thales, take them-" Pitch starts to say, just as the last one hits, dropping the Oshawott. But the little guy staggers to his feet, not done yet.

    "Thales. Aerial Ace."

    The Oshawott, now angry, runs through one, slashing him, then pivots around to dash back through, his small blade cutting through the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    Can't miss, crit rolls.
    AC 1: (1d20)[15]
    AC 2:(1d20)[6]
    Damage 1: [roll] 2d10+19[/roll]
    Damage 2: [roll] 2d10+19[/roll]
    Crit 1: (2d10+8)[19]
    Crit 2: (2d10+8)[19]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yeah..."

    He stared at the chance ball for a couple more moments, before finally looking up. "Maybe even soon! Thank you, sir!"

    As that's right - he had to get some training in! Now he had /four/ pokemon to utilize, even! "Let's go, Kamoho! Try the other end of town - where we first met Pa'ao and battled with Pitch! We never really explored near over there - and we definitely need to save the dwebble's area for when we're going to Orum. Hopefully we can go tommorrow morning!"

    Kamoho only really hard his name thrown in there. He gave his trainer a nudge, and snapped his jaws.

    "Er, yes, things for you to bite."

    "Dile!"

    Okay, now he was excited. Whoa boy. Still, he stepped out of town.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Nightlock flew backwards and hit a tree hard. He slumped to the ground, limp and unmoving. No! Nightlock Leo ran to the munchlax, and felt his neck. No Pulse. His wrist. No Pulse. His lungs. No Breath.

    No. Don't do this, you can make it. Beula shock him now! A flash of red light, and the mareep stood next to the kneeling Leo, sparks came off of it's coat, and a jolt of electricity shot into Nightlocks chest. And again, and again, and again.

    Just as Leo was drowning in tears, he felt Nightlocks's chest move, a slight rattling breath. He had been revived. He needs medical treatment now. But first ... He turns to Karin.

    YOU MUKING EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING. YOU USED A SUPER EFFECTIVE MOVE AND PRACTICALLY ORDERED YOUR MON TO KILL! BE GLAD I'M NOT STRONGER, OR I WOULD DUMP YOU IN A VOLCANO AND LET THE HETRAN HAVE YOU! Without waiting for a response, he picked Nightlock up, and ran to the center.

    When he gets there, he runs to the nearest nurse. Hurry, he's in critical condition, and needs help. He stopped breathing at one point.

    When the nurse had taken him away, he whispered It will never happen, I promise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Piri Piri gains 300 EXP from defeating the Ekans.
    Buela gains 180 EXP from defeating the Krabby and also another 500 EXP from reviving Nightlock.
    Nightlock gains 150 (600/4) EXP from the fight with the Golett and also another 250 EXP for the near-death experience.


    The thud of Nightlock hitting the tree is the only noise you hear, then everything goes silent. You run up to your Munchlax and spend what feels like an eternity trying to revive him.

    Then your ears turn back on when you hear Buela cry out, over and over and over.

    As the desperation grows, something else reaches your ears. Something besides Buela's cries. It's...laughter. From far away, a cackle invades your mind. It isn't until you've felt Nightlock's breath that you realize what it is: as all of this is happening, Karin is standing exactly where she was, chuckling.

    She laughs all throughout your incredulous speech as if she can't even hear what you have to say, or at least doesn't care. "We'll do it again sometime!" she yells after you as you run off.

    When you reach the Center, a nurse quickly grabs your Munchlax and hurries him into the back to be healed.

    Time passes without any news. Karin's laughter rings in your ears.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thales, take them-" Pitch starts to say, just as the last one hits, dropping the Oshawott. But the little guy staggers to his feet, not done yet.

    "Thales. Aerial Ace."

    The Oshawott, now angry, runs through one, slashing him, then pivots around to dash back through, his small blade cutting through the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    Can't miss, crit rolls.
    AC 1: (1d20)[18]
    AC 2:(1d12+14)[24]
    Damage 1: [roll] 2d10+19[/roll]
    Damage 2: [roll] 2d10+19[/roll]
    Crit 1: (1d20)[10]
    Crit 2: (1d10+12)[17]
    Both of the Dunsparce that Thales cuts through are noticeably damaged by the attack, but they also both stay standing.

    One chases after Thales and hits him almost before he's done moving.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit!
    AC 2 (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[24]


    The other two roll toward you and your two other pokemon. One bashes into Shovel and the other into Outlet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollout! x2
    (Shovel) AC 4 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d10+12)[17]
    (Outlet) AC 4 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+12)[21]
    Crit: 7 from OOC


    You faintly hear some more buzzing and another gust of wind blows by, but you're far too preoccupied dealing with the current threat to think about that.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 06:39 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Piri Piri gains 300 EXP from defeating the Ekans.
    Buela gains 180 EXP from defeating the Krabby and also another 500 EXP from reviving Nightlock.
    Nightlock gains 150 (600/4) EXP from the fight with the Golett and also another 250 EXP for the near-death experience.


    The thud of Nightlock hitting the tree is the only noise you hear, then everything goes silent. You run up to your Munchlax and spend what feels like an eternity trying to revive him.

    Then your ears turn back on when you hear Buela cry out, over and over and over.

    As the desperation grows, something else reaches your ears. Something besides Buela's cries. It's...laughter. From far away, a cackle invades your mind. It isn't until you've felt Nightlock's breath that you realize what it is: as all of this is happening, Karin is standing exactly where she was, chuckling.

    She laughs all throughout your incredulous speech as if she can't even hear what you have to say, or at least doesn't care. "We'll do it again sometime!" she yells after you as you run off.

    When you reach the Center, a nurse quickly grabs your Munchlax and hurries him into the back to be healed.

    Time passes without any news. Karin's laughter rings in your ears.
    Leo sits in a corner without moving for a while, before he realizes that Piri Piri was fainted, and Beula was injured. He gets a nurses attention. Hi, I also have two other pokemon in need of healing. Also, do you have somewhere I can clean up?

    He turns, and scans any pokemon that happen to be out.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-22 at 06:43 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah..."

    He stared at the chance ball for a couple more moments, before finally looking up. "Maybe even soon! Thank you, sir!"

    As that's right - he had to get some training in! Now he had /four/ pokemon to utilize, even! "Let's go, Kamoho! Try the other end of town - where we first met Pa'ao and battled with Pitch! We never really explored near over there - and we definitely need to save the dwebble's area for when we're going to Orum. Hopefully we can go tommorrow morning!"

    Kamoho only really hard his name thrown in there. He gave his trainer a nudge, and snapped his jaws.

    "Er, yes, things for you to bite."

    "Dile!"

    Okay, now he was excited. Whoa boy. Still, he stepped out of town.
    You can see the field where you met Pa'ao off to the left. Just past that field is a rocky cliffside trail that leads down to a secluded beach. A flock of Wingulls flies overhead, low enough to scan.

    To your right, a trio of trainers seem to be having a three-way battle between some monkey-like pokemon, one blue, one red, and one green.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo sits in a corner without moving for a while, before he realizes that Piri Piri was fainted, and Beula was injured. He gets a nurses attention. Hi, I also have two other pokemon in need of healing. Also, do you have somewhere I can clean up?

    He turns, and scans any pokemon that happen to be out.
    The nurse accepts your pokemon and points behind you and to the left. "Yeah, right through that door there is the washroom. An orderly can come get you when your pokemon are ready."

    A girl who had watched you bring Nightlock in notices that you have your pokedex out, ready to scan. "Wow. You almost lose a pokemon, and you can even think about filling your Pokedex up? What a jerk." She gets up and walks out.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Why does everyone just assume the worst thing possible? Did it ever occur to her that maybe I was trying to calm down. No. She just assumes I'm some idiot who doesn't care for his pokemon. But why should we ever look past the obvious and think about how people are feeling? No she can just go on assuming the worst about people and thank mew she's gone to brighten someone else's day with her optimistic outlook on life.

    With that, Leo goes to take a shower.

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Wow!"

    Mordecai stared up, at the wingulls soaring above, pokedex in hand. "Man, that - "

    "Dile!"

    "Hm? Oh wow, are those other elements of mankey? Does that mean if I put elemental stones near Kaulu, he'll change elements the way eevee does? Huh, I better keep Kaulu away from them until we have a decision on that, then."

    He meandered closer, just watching the three-way battle for a moment, pokedex out and ready.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Why does everyone just assume the worst thing possible? Did it ever occur to her that maybe I was trying to calm down. No. She just assumes I'm some idiot who doesn't care for his pokemon. But why should we ever look past the obvious and think about how people are feeling? No she can just go on assuming the worst about people and thank mew she's gone to brighten someone else's day with her optimistic outlook on life.

    With that, Leo goes to take a shower.
    You hear a knock on the door. "Sir, your Pokemon are ready whenever you are."

    When you get to the counter, the nurse hands you two Poke Balls. "Your Mareep and Darumaka, Sir." Then she bends down and picks up your Munchlax. Nightlock is still asleep when she hands him over to you. "He should make a full recovery. Tough little guy, that's one of the roughest states I've ever seen a pokemon make it through in one piece."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo smiled, Thank you so much, and ... I'm sorry about the outburst, it's just that ... well, thank you again. How long can I expect him to sleep, and should he keep away from battling for a while?

    Leo left carrying Nightlock, and headed to the gym. He didn't really want to bother Halle twice in one day, but that girl needed to be reported.

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Wow!"

    Mordecai stared up, at the wingulls soaring above, pokedex in hand. "Man, that - "

    "Dile!"

    "Hm? Oh wow, are those other elements of mankey? Does that mean if I put elemental stones near Kaulu, he'll change elements the way eevee does? Huh, I better keep Kaulu away from them until we have a decision on that, then."

    He meandered closer, just watching the three-way battle for a moment, pokedex out and ready.
    You see the monkeys exchanging attacks in a good-natured training session. Their trainers, each a teenage boy about your age, shout commands.

    "Gener, Vine Whip!"

    "Dre, Incinerate!"

    "Beul, Water Gun!"

    "Hey there, young man." An older man walks up beside you. "Enjoying my grandsons' battle?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo smiled, Thank you so much, and ... I'm sorry about the outburst, it's just that ... well, thank you again. How long can I expect him to sleep, and should he keep away from battling for a while?

    Leo left carrying Nightlock, and headed to the gym. He didn't really want to bother Halle twice in one day, but that girl needed to be reported.
    "It's alright, we understand how scary it is when a pokemon is on the brink. And he'll be perfectly fine to battle whenever, he's just sleeping for now. He'll be up and at 'em when you call on him."

    You enter the gym in the middle of a battle between Halle and the guy you saw earlier with an Archeops by his side. One of the guards ushers you to a seat amongst the cheering crowd. On the battlefield, Halle's Bellossom fires a storm of leaves into the man's Bastiodon, knocking it out.

    "One Pokemon left, Sebastian!"

    "Time for my starter, then! Go, Kren!" He sends out his Archeops, which immediately flies high into the air.

    "Awesome battle, huh?" asks the guy next to you.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 10:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "It's alright, we understand how scary it is when a pokemon is on the brink. And he'll be perfectly fine to battle whenever, he's just sleeping for now. He'll be up and at 'em when you call on him."

    You enter the gym in the middle of a battle between Halle and the guy you saw earlier with an Archeops by his side. One of the guards ushers you to a seat amongst the cheering crowd. On the battlefield, Halle's Bellossom fires a storm of leaves into the man's Bastiodon, knocking it out.

    "One Pokemon left, Sebastian!"

    "Time for my starter, then! Go, Kren!" He sends out his Archeops, which immediately flies high into the air.

    "Awesome battle, huh?" asks the guy next to you.
    I love seeing Halle battle, and it looks like the jerk's losing. He scans the Bellossum and Bastidon.

    When the man speaks, Leo turns to him and smiles. Halle's amazing, and so are her pokemon. My name's Leo, what's yours?

    Spoiler
    Show
    *ding! Level Up! Taking Watcher (+1 Wis, 2 features) and +1 Wis for my stat.

    Also, what does this guy look like?

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Absolutely!" Mordecai responded, smiling. "They look like they're having a blast!"

    "Dile!"

    "I'm really new to battling myself - just got Kamoho here yesterday! So it's good to see how other people battle - I still have a lot to learn."

    He utilized his pokedex. "And see what new pokemon are! I've never seen different kinds of mankey before!"
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I love seeing Halle battle, and it looks like the jerk's losing. He scans the Bellossum and Bastidon.

    When the man speaks, Leo turns to him and smiles. Halle's amazing, and so are her pokemon. My name's Leo, what's yours?

    Spoiler
    Show
    *ding! Level Up! Taking Watcher (+1 Wis, 2 features) and +1 Wis for my stat.

    Also, what does this guy look like?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, made this guy's text Dark Orange when you already speak in that color. Gonna change it to Dark Slate Blue. Also, he looks like a normal 20-something guy with brown hair and casual clothes on. He doesn't look like a trainer, probably just a normal citizen of Port Tidings.


    "I'm Brian. I love coming to these--whoa!"

    The Archeops dives at mach speed from the apex of its flight, barreling straight into Halle's Bellossom, which falls back and doesn't get up.

    "One left for each of us now, Halle!"

    Halle smiles a radiant smile. "I wouldn't have it any other way." As she sends out a Ferrothorn, the crowd goes wild. The Arcanine by her side howls even louder than everyone else. This is it!

    Halle's Ferrothorn drifts a bit closer to the Archeops and shoots a blinding ray of reflective energy at it. You can't see it connect, but your eyes start functioning in time to show you the aftermath: the Archeops droops down and barely remains aloft.

    The Archeops musters all of its remaining energy to charge into Halle's Ferrothorn, which ends up looking just as exhausted when all is said and done.

    "All I can do now is hope you miss!"

    "Then it all comes down to this. Ferrothorn, finish it!"

    The entire crowd gasps at once as the Ferrothorn backs up, lowers its head, and charges at the low-flying Archeops.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Head!
    AC 2 (1d20)[2]
    Damage: Just matters if it hits.


    The Archeops is able to dodge to the side at the last second!

    A sigh escapes the crowd. "Now it's my turn to hope," Halle says.

    The man laughs and says with conviction, Kren, end it!"

    Another gasp from the crowd as the Archeops breathes in deeply, then exhales some draconic energy in the Ferrothorn's direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonbreath!
    AC 2: 20 as per OOC roll.
    Damage: Enough.


    The attack hits home! Halle's Ferrothorn drops to the ground, unconscious.

    Oh man! That was crazy," Brian says.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-22 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, made this guy's text Dark Orange when you already speak in that color. Gonna change it to Dark Slate Blue. Also, he looks like a normal 20-something guy with brown hair and casual clothes on. He doesn't look like a trainer, probably just a normal citizen of Port Tidings.


    "I'm Brian. I love coming to these--whoa!"

    The Archeops dives at mach speed from the apex of its flight, barreling straight into Halle's Bellossom, which falls back and doesn't get up.

    "One left for each of us now, Halle!"

    Halle smiles a radiant smile. "I wouldn't have it any other way." As she sends out a Ferrothorn, the crowd goes wild. The Arcanine by her side howls even louder than everyone else. This is it!

    Halle's Ferrothorn drifts a bit closer to the Archeops and shoots a blinding ray of reflective energy at it. You can't see it connect, but your eyes start functioning in time to show you the aftermath: the Archeops droops down and barely remains aloft.

    The Archeops musters all of its remaining energy to charge into Halle's Ferrothorn, which ends up looking just as exhausted when all is said and done.

    "All I can do now is hope you miss!"

    "Then it all comes down to this. Ferrothorn, finish it!"

    The entire crowd gasps at once as the Ferrothorn backs up, lowers its head, and charges at the low-flying Archeops.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Head!
    AC 2 [roll0]
    Damage: Just matters if it hits.
    (Going to edit based on this result.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming you mean Wrystone, not Port Tidings :p


    As Leo watched the battle he howled and cheered with the crowd. And, sad to say, he had to admit that the trainer was good. Of course, flying types do have an advantage over grass types.

    When there's a moderately quiet moment, he speaks to Brian again. I just started as a league trainer yesterday, so I know how it feels, she's intimidating on the battlefield. What do you do?

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Absolutely!" Mordecai responded, smiling. "They look like they're having a blast!"

    "Dile!"

    "I'm really new to battling myself - just got Kamoho here yesterday! So it's good to see how other people battle - I still have a lot to learn."

    He utilized his pokedex. "And see what new pokemon are! I've never seen different kinds of mankey before!"
    The man heartily chuckles at your statement. "Oh, the energy of a new trainer. It's refreshing to meet another young man so excited about the journey. How has it been going so far?"

    Your pokedex quickly returns info on the three pokemon. The blue one is a Panpour, the red one a Pansear, and the green one a Pansage.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •