Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas could scarcely believe his luck. Abra had fumbled an attack and rather than be punished for it, the Scraggy had actually messed up on its own move. This could be his break. He would have to capitalize on his advantage now, before somewhat could tamper with his own luck.

    "Don't let that miss discourage you, just keep up with your own offensive."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[11]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+17)[28]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    ...right!

    He'd done so many drills on slick terrain that it hadn't occured to him that Kamoho hadn't. He didn't lean forward into his run or anything, nor was he prepared for the sudden halt in momentum.

    "She's right, Kamoho! Hold on!"

    The totodile had been about to directly follow the snorunt. "Don't go back through the ice - keep your feet on solid ground! Go around it, towards me!"

    Another moment of hesitation, until Mordecai added, "...'cause I don't want the ice messing with you biting it again."

    That caused a grin, and obedience.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho heads down and around the icy patch, ending at G5 for another bite!

    I'm not sure how diagonals work in PTA, but he can get there regardless with his overland of 6, so it's not too focal right now. :P

    Kamoho uses scratch!
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[6]
    Damage Roll: (1d12+12)[20]
    Upon seeing you adapt correctly, Leia noticeably smiles. "Good, Mordecai! Don't worry that it missed, your Totodile seems to be just a little hyper at the moment. You might say that it needs to chill out." The Snorunt proceeds to enact the same strategy as before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nat 1s for days...
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage (1d12+12)[20] / 2
    And diagonal movement follows distance formula, and so long as the total distance < movement capacity, it's allowed. This however won't apply in this case because diagonal around an ice patch would include walking over the ice, thus negating the entire point. But like you said, 6 move is enough to go around the long way, so it's all good in this case.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    The snapping bite met only air, but this time the totodile was moving even before Mordecai commanded him to do so.

    "Quickly! Back the other way!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho heads back as well! More scratching!

    Kamoho uses scratch! Mordecai gives scarifices to the dice gods!
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[11]
    Damage Roll: (1d12+13)[14]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas could scarcely believe his luck. Abra had fumbled an attack and rather than be punished for it, the Scraggy had actually messed up on its own move. This could be his break. He would have to capitalize on his advantage now, before somewhat could tamper with his own luck.

    "Don't let that miss discourage you, just keep up with your own offensive."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check - [roll0]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - [roll1]
    With this second burst of draconic energy, the Scraggy falls over unconscious. Avu returns it to its pokeball and begins to walk over to you.

    "Congratulations, Nikolas!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Abra receives 250 EXP for the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 02:43 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    The snapping bite met only air, but this time the totodile was moving even before Mordecai commanded him to do so.

    "Quickly! Back the other way!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho heads back as well! More scratching!

    Kamoho uses scratch! Mordecai gives scarifices to the dice gods!
    Attack Roll: [roll0]
    Damage Roll: [roll1]

    Kamoho's aim is true, and the blow clearly causes the Snorunt great pain. Leia tries to tell it to keep up the same tactic, but her voice seems to fall on deaf ears. The Snorunt is visibly shuddering so much that some audience members look away.

    Before you can command your Totodile to finish it off, Leia steps in. "Hang on, Mordecai. This battle is done, I'd rather not run the risk of getting this little guy seriously injured." She returns the Snorunt to its pokeball, then starts walking toward you. "But you know what that means, right? You won!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Totodile receives 100 EXP from the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 02:44 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    For a second, Nikolas almost forgets who he's talking to and he awkwardly rubs the back of his head, laughing. "T-Thanks, but I couldn't have done it without the help Abra here." Faintly realizing that he's been calling the Pokemon by its species name the entire time, he thinks to ask, "I-is it alright if I name him? Would he like that? I wouldn't want to offend him or anything," voice getting smaller and smaller as he continues to doubt himself.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Avu smiles and nods. "Of course that would be alright. After all, he is yours now. Allow me a moment to say farewell to him, please." Avu crouches in front of your Abra and stares into its eyes, silently communicating somehow. A few seconds later, the two of them turn to you.

    "He says he would be happy to accompany you. What name did you have in mind, Nikolas?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas smiled at their farewell, happy that the Abra had chosen him as its trainer. Luckily, he had the perfect name for the little psychic type. "A-ah, there's a demon named Orobas. It's said that he would give his conjurer perfect information about the past, present, or future, bestow honors, reconcile them with foes, and protect them from being tempted by demons." He says this without stuttering once, clearly reciting it from memory. If there was one thing his dumb brain was good for, it was that.

    Turning his smile toward Avu, he continued, "It's also said that he would never deceive anyone and so far, the little guy hasn't steered me wrong yet. It's only thanks to Orobas that I managed to win."

    "I-I'm not really confident as a trainer but with him by my side, I know I can do it."

    Almost uncharacteristically, Nikolas takes the initiative and extends his hand toward Avu. "But I'd also like to thank you for giving me this chance sir."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 02:53 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas smiled at their farewell, happy that the Abra had chosen him as its trainer. Luckily, he had the perfect name for the little psychic type. "A-ah, there's a demon named Orobas. It's said that he would give his conjurer perfect information about the past, present, or future, bestow honors, reconcile them with foes, and protect them from being tempted by demons." He says this without stuttering once, clearly reciting it from memory. If there was one thing his dumb brain was good for, it was that.

    Turning his smile toward Avu, he continued, "It's also said that he would never deceive anyone and so far, the little guy hasn't steered me wrong yet. It's only thanks to Orobas that I managed to win."

    "I'm not really confident as a trainer but with him by my side, I know I can do it."

    Almost uncharacteristically, Nikolas takes the initiative and extends his hand toward Avu. "But I'd also like to thank you for giving me this chance sir."
    Avu nods as you explain your choice of name. He seems to approve wholeheartedly. "Orobas it is." He then takes your hand and shakes it firmly. "Before you go, I have some things for you. Hang on." He walks to a different section of the gym, and shortly returns with a bag full of items. He picks them out one at a time and hands them to you with a short explanation.

    "These are essential things that every trainer should always have on them. First, here's your Pokedex. It will record the pokemon you see and catch, so long as you take the time to scan any new ones you come across. It will also give you valuable information on an unfamiliar pokemon's types and behaviors. Simply collecting data as you travel will help you grow as a trainer, so be sure to use it early and often."

    "And here's your Pokegear. This little gadget is a lot of things in one. It's a watch, a phone, a map, and more. Plus it's solar powered so you'll never have to worry about charging it unless something goes very wrong. It's also programmed with all your League identification if you ever need to show those for any reason. Don't lose this, alright? It's a pain to replace."

    "I also have some potions to heal your pokemon, some enriched water to keep yourself hydrated, and some pokeballs to catch more pokemon. 3 of each, here you go."

    "Oh, Orobas here likes sour food, so here's an Iapapa berry for him to hold onto. He'll use it when he feels like he needs a boost."

    "And lastly, I'd usually give new trainers a TM but since I've already taught your Abra Hidden Power, that probably already covers it. That said, I think I may have accidentally dropped one out back. They're just so hard to keep track of, you know?"

    "Anyway, that's about all the help I can give you without raising some eyebrows. But if you ever need any advice, feel free to give me a call. I took the liberty of putting my number into your Pokegear."

    "Good luck, Nikolas.
    " This time it is Avu extending his hand to you.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Piri Piri back up behind the grass. The firey pokemon's grin faded, and he turned to look at Leo. Look at it, if you try and close with it, it'll run circles around you.

    Piri Piri sighed, and walked behind the grass. No flashy entrance for him, oh no, lets just hide behind some grass. He was soo scary right now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming thick grass is rough terrain, Piri shifts to J12. Also do the xs count as blocking terrain?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 07:48 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia seems to take your word for it, and does not say anything in response. After the Oshawott hits home, the Cubchoo is noticeably dazed. You can see a tear falling down the side of its face.

    "Well, Pitch. I'd hate for this to be a bore for you. Cubchoo, use Ice Punch!" The Cubchoo rallies and launches a frigid fist into your Oshawott's side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Punch
    Ice, Physical
    AC: 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[28] / 2


    After the blow, the Cubchoo tries to scoot away over the ice, but seems too hurt to make it. It only succeeds in tripping and getting back up.
    The blow hits the Oshawott but the ice can't take hold on the Oshawott. While it dazes the small Pokemon, it is far from dropping.

    Doesn't want it to be a bore... Could she know? Is that possible? Pitch thinks to himself, worried. If she knows, I'm already blown. If not, then I still need to finish this fast and get out. Anyways, no taunting. That might make her angry.

    "Thales, finish it."

    The Oshawott backs up, then dives forward, aiming to knock out the Cubchoo.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales shifts to G4 and uses Tackle!
    Normal, Physical
    AC: 3 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[28] 2d8+6 (Base) + 10 (Attack) + 1 (Ace Trainer)]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 08:22 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    And we be critting. I think I'll like Thales.

    (2d8+6)[13]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Piri Piri back up behind the grass. The firey pokemon's grin faded, and he turned to look at Leo. Look at it, if you try and close with it, it'll run circles around you.

    Piri Piri sighed, and walked behind the grass. No flashy entrance for him, oh no, lets just hide behind some grass. He was soo scary right now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming thick grass is rough terrain, Piri shifts to J12. Also do the xs count as blocking terrain?
    "Are we playing hide and seek, Leo? Alright, find his Darumaka, Growlithe!" The Arcanine shouts a word of encouragement as well as the Growlithe dashes across the battlefield. It stops just short of the grass on your side and starts to look around intently, sniffing the air for any trace of Piri Piri's scent. Luckily for your Darumaka, this Growlithe has not been trained to track yet, so it may take a while for its natural abilities to succeed in finding you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep it is rough terrain, and it counts as blocking for vision purposes but not for actual blocking purposes (ice beam would go through it, for instance). Also, fire attacks used on the square of thick grass will have interesting consequences for any pokemon around it, or god forbid inside it."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Celeste was nervous. She couldn't help but be nervous, as she looked at the gym leader across the battlefield. Zayir, she knew, was among the most powerful trainers of the region; he had to be, to become a gym leader. She couldn't just set it aside, but if she wanted to become a trainer and leave home, she had to make it through this battle. "Yes...", she got out, barely audible. "Ah, y-yes," she repeated, louder.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The blow hits the Oshawott but the ice can't take hold on the Oshawott. While it dazes the small Pokemon, it is far from dropping.

    Doesn't want it to be a bore... Could she know? Is that possible? Pitch thinks to himself, worried. If she knows, I'm already blown. If not, then I still need to finish this fast and get out. Anyways, no taunting. That might make her angry.

    "Thales, finish it."

    The Oshawott backs up, then dives forward, aiming to knock out the Cubchoo.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales shifts to G4 and uses Tackle!
    Normal, Physical
    AC: 3 [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1] 2d8+6 (Base) + 10 (Attack) + 1 (Ace Trainer)]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And we be critting. I think I'll like Thales.

    [roll0]
    "NO!" Leia screams as she tries to intervene this time like she did with Mordecai's battle. But she's too late, and your Oshawott thuds into her Cubchoo with vicious force. A collective gasp of horror escapes from the audience, as everyone in the gym can tell that tackle hit especially hard. The Cubchoo flies backwards and starts convulsing on the ground. "No no no no no..." Leia tries everything she can to stabilize it, but the Cubchoo only seems to get worse. Realizing she doesn't have the ability to save it, she rushes it off to the Pokemon Center, telling you simply, "Stay put until I get back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Oshawott receives 120 EXP from the battle murder.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    If you didn't want people to use the grass, then why did you put it here? Piri Piri, prepare to attack I'll only get one shot with rollout, and then ask her to move the growlithe out of the way so I don't kill it. From there tackle should work

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Piri Piri can't get close enough to attack, he shifts to K10 to hide in the grass and pray to mew the growlithe doesn't know ember

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "T-thank you!" Truthfully, he could hardly believe it himself. He had won the same battle his father had lost three times, and in his first attempt no less. Though, knowing his father, the stubborn man had likely chosen a bad match up and then stubbornly clung to challenging that Pokemon again and again. Luckily Nikolas has Orobas with him. Orobas. It just sounded right.

    He accepts Avu's hands and smiles in turn.

    Though he was grateful for the gifts Avu was giving him he paid a special interest in the Pokeballs. How could he not. He didn't know much about Pokemon, but he considered himself very knowledgeable about the devices used to capture them. If it was just catching Pokemon, then he wasn't too worried about his prospects. However, he had no intention of training every Pokemon he caught. What did trainers do with all of their unused Pokemon? Surely they didn't just keep them in storage for all their life? Was selling them an option? Was selling a sentient creature even morally right? It would be best if he ask Avu about this before he left.

    "If you don't mind me asking, what should I do about the Pokemon I catch? I don't know enough about Pokemon that I have a team in mind and I don't think I would be able to raise them all."

    "Oh, and do you know where I can get a Pokeball Repair Kit? I used to have my own before my dad..." he looks down ashamedly as he trails off, not willing to talk about the implied abuse.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste was nervous. She couldn't help but be nervous, as she looked at the gym leader across the battlefield. Zayir, she knew, was among the most powerful trainers of the region; he had to be, to become a gym leader. She couldn't just set it aside, but if she wanted to become a trainer and leave home, she had to make it through this battle. "Yes...", she got out, barely audible. "Ah, y-yes," she repeated, louder.
    "Wonderful!" Zayir shouts with a flourish. He is nothing if not dramatic. He spins around, addressing the audience members. "Then without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let me present to you...Miss Celeste Noricen!" The audience cheers loudly as if you were a world famous magician. Zayir had a way of making that happen.

    His voice lowers to reflect a solemn mood. "She has known tragedy, oh yes. Some of you may remember that vicious wildfire that almost consumed Wrystone! Well, Miss Noricen's mother Maria may well be the only reason that wildfire was stopped! But she gave her life to do so, God rest her soul."

    "And now Celeste has come here, to our lovely gym, to begin her own journey! She has the blood of a hero within her, so between you and me, I'd say we're all in for a show today."

    He finally turns to you, with a changed look full of determination on his face. "Your first test, Miss Noricen. You must choose which pokemon you will face!" Zayir's Jolteon tosses him three pokeballs, which he promptly starts to juggle, deftly throwing one high into the air when he introduces it. "Here are your potential opponents: Joltik, the electric spider! Hoothoot, the vigilant night owl! And Emolga, the happy-go-lucky flying squirrel! So which shall it be?" The audience is absolutely enraptured at this point. They were hanging on Zayir's every word, now they all shift their attention to you.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    If you didn't want people to use the grass, then why did you put it here? Piri Piri, prepare to attack I'll only get one shot with rollout, and then ask her to move the growlithe out of the way so I don't kill it. From there tackle should work

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Piri Piri can't get close enough to attack, he shifts to K10 to hide in the grass and pray to mew the growlithe doesn't know ember
    "Oh I do want people to use it! First timers just don't usually think to do that. But I'd watch out if I were your Darumaka, Growlithe will find it eventually." The Growlithe seems to already know what to do. It walks up to the edge of the thick grass and around a bit, trying to find a scent. The Arcanine across the field howls, and the Growlithe follows suit. Then, it waits for you to make a move.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Howl!
    Raises Growlithe's Attack 1 stage.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "T-thank you!" Truthfully, he could hardly believe it himself. He had won the same battle his father had lost three times, and in his first attempt no less. Though, knowing his father, the stubborn man had likely chosen a bad match up and then stubbornly clung to challenging that Pokemon again and again. Luckily Nikolas has Orobas with him. Orobas. It just sounded right.

    He accepts Avu's hands and smiles in turn.

    Though he was grateful for the gifts Avu was giving him he paid a special interest in the Pokeballs. How could he not. He didn't know much about Pokemon, but he considered himself very knowledgeable about the devices used to capture them. If it was just catching Pokemon, then he wasn't too worried about his prospects. However, he had no intention of training every Pokemon he caught. What did trainers do with all of their unused Pokemon? Surely they didn't just keep them in storage for all their life? Was selling them an option? Was selling a sentient creature even morally right? It would be best if he ask Avu about this before he left.

    "If you don't mind me asking, what should I do about the Pokemon I catch? I don't know enough about Pokemon that I have a team in mind and I don't think I would be able to raise them all."

    "Oh, and do you know where I can get a Pokeball Repair Kit? I used to have my own before my dad..." he looks down ashamedly as he trails off, not willing to talk about the implied abuse.
    Avu seems to be following your train of thought, and responds to your questions almost before you've finished asking them. He puts his hand on your shoulder and says, "It is good of you to worry about unused pokemon. Most trainers tend to forget about them entirely. The first, perhaps best for everyone involved, method of handling pokemon you don't wish to train is to find someone who does want it and trade with them. That way, both trainers get a new pokemon and both pokemon find a new home. If you can't find a trading partner though, you can always send the pokemon to any appropriate type gym. I and my colleagues do our best to raise every pokemon we receive. And who knows, maybe the one you donate will be another lucky trainer's starter!

    He also seems to have anticipated the second question, as he simply steps to the side and floating in the air behind him is a new Pokeball Repair Kit! He motions for you to take it. "Nothing wrong with a few raised eyebrows."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 11:55 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Alright Piri let's get moving. Flatten him!
    Piri Piri flew from the grass, tucked into a tight ball, picking up stones in his coat as he went, and hurtled towards the growlithe, rolling over and past him.

    Great job Piri! The Darumaka smiled a huge smile, and crouched in a combat stance incase the growlithe managed to stay on its feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Piri Piri uses rollout. (1d20)[9]. Damage (1d10+15)[20] rock type, +4 base, +11 Atk. Piri Piri ends up in H10
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 11:59 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai paused for a moment as he was told to hang on - really looking at the snorunt.

    Had he... really been about to do that? He had been going to attack it again, and hadn't really looked at his enemy the entire bout.

    That was a nagging thought to keep at the back of his mind... as excitement took over. Wait! He'd won!

    "Yeah!" He shouted loudly, stepping on the field. Kamoho seemed similarly excited when Leia intervened - snapping his jaws energetically.

    "We won, Kamoh-" Began Mordecai in his exuberance - when the totodile clamped his jaws on Mordecai's arm once more. This time, however, before the trainer could particularly react, the totodile let go - and continued his victory dance.

    Confusing the heck out of Mordecai, who had no idea what to make of the gesture. Was that the totodile's way of saying 'I approve'? Was it a warning?

    Aaaaaaalso said totodile was not in the best of shapes. All of those frosty hits really had worn down at him. So he looked up to Leia. "Thank you, Leia! I... uh. I..."

    Blast, he had a speech prepared but it had totally escaped from his mind at the time being in lieu of happy Kamoho. "Thank you." He repeated instead.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Alright Piri let's get moving. Flatten him!
    Piri Piri flew from the grass, tucked into a tight ball, picking up stones in his coat as he went, and hurtled towards the growlithe, rolling over and past him.

    Great job Piri! The Darumaka smiled a huge smile, and crouched in a combat stance incase the growlithe managed to stay on its feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Piri Piri uses rollout. [roll0]. Damage [roll1] rock type, +4 base, +11 Atk. Piri Piri ends up in H10
    The Growlithe clearly wasn't expecting that, and though it tries its best to dodge your living wrecking ball of a pokemon, Darumaka's attack connects. The Growlithe tries to get back up, but is too weak and falls down, defeated. Halle's Arcanine quickly rushes across the field at your Darumaka, but only to retrieve its son. It picks up the Growlithe and trots back toward Halle, who heals it up with some medical supplies. Having made sure her pokemon is alright, Halle starts to walk toward you with a wide smile on her face.

    "Excellent tactics Leo! When you picked Growlithe, I was afraid you didn't realize that it could run circles around your Darumaka while taking potshots. But it appears that you not only neutralized that, you also played type advantage brilliantly. Congratulations, Leo! You won!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Darumaka receives 100 EXP from the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 12:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas gratefully accepts the Repair Kit and resists the urge to open it up to look inside. But that would probably be rude to Avu and he wanted nothing more than to make the man proud. In all honesty he wasn't interested in the gym leader challenge, but he was a trainer now and if he just sat around dong nothing he really would be the 'waste of space' his father claimed he was. He quickly organizes the items and sticks them into the appropriate pockets on his messenger bag without another word.

    It was a sad thing to admit, but his entire life was in the bag. He had packed everything he had last night, unwilling to return to the house should he win. Or lose.

    Remembering the difficulties he faced earlier during the test, he withdrew from his pocket his Pokedex and began pressing buttons. Did it have any information on it yet? He had been able to make the correct choice due to Abra's influence but what if he had chosen incorrectly. Not being able to find the information he sought, he decided to ask Avu, "Where's the information about 'Misdreavus', "Scraggy', and 'Ralts'?"

    He says each name with deliberation, afraid to mispronounce them and embarrass himself in front of the gym leader.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Wonderful!" Zayir shouts with a flourish. He is nothing if not dramatic. He spins around, addressing the audience members. "Then without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, let me present to you...Miss Celeste Noricen!" The audience cheers loudly as if you were a world famous magician. Zayir had a way of making that happen.

    His voice lowers to reflect a solemn mood. "She has known tragedy, oh yes. Some of you may remember that vicious wildfire that almost consumed Wrystone! Well, Miss Noricen's mother Maria may well be the only reason that wildfire was stopped! But she gave her life to do so, God rest her soul."

    "And now Celeste has come here, to our lovely gym, to begin her own journey! She has the blood of a hero within her, so between you and me, I'd say we're all in for a show today."

    He finally turns to you, with a changed look full of determination on his face. "Your first test, Miss Noricen. You must choose which pokemon you will face!" Zayir's Jolteon tosses him three pokeballs, which he promptly starts to juggle, deftly throwing one high into the air when he introduces it. "Here are your potential opponents: Joltik, the electric spider! Hoothoot, the vigilant night owl! And Emolga, the happy-go-lucky flying squirrel! So which shall it be?" The audience is absolutely enraptured at this point. They were hanging on Zayir's every word, now they all shift their attention to you.
    She looks nervous, partially turning away to hide her face as it turned red from embarrassment. It was ancient history, wasn't it? Her father, too, never let it go, always held on to those memories that would never come back. It wasn't...it wasn't something to be hated, but she had nothing like that herself, those memories or that steadying hand of the past. She had to keep going, even if she didn't know where. She looked at Zayir, watching the three Pokeballs as they flew through the air. Flying Pokemon were weak to electric Pokemon, right? Then..."I'll challenge Hoothoot," she called out, forcing herself to speak clearly enough to be heard.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-15 at 12:41 PM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai paused for a moment as he was told to hang on - really looking at the snorunt.

    Had he... really been about to do that? He had been going to attack it again, and hadn't really looked at his enemy the entire bout.

    That was a nagging thought to keep at the back of his mind... as excitement took over. Wait! He'd won!

    "Yeah!" He shouted loudly, stepping on the field. Kamoho seemed similarly excited when Leia intervened - snapping his jaws energetically.

    "We won, Kamoh-" Began Mordecai in his exuberance - when the totodile clamped his jaws on Mordecai's arm once more. This time, however, before the trainer could particularly react, the totodile let go - and continued his victory dance.

    Confusing the heck out of Mordecai, who had no idea what to make of the gesture. Was that the totodile's way of saying 'I approve'? Was it a warning?

    Aaaaaaalso said totodile was not in the best of shapes. All of those frosty hits really had worn down at him. So he looked up to Leia. "Thank you, Leia! I... uh. I..."

    Blast, he had a speech prepared but it had totally escaped from his mind at the time being in lieu of happy Kamoho. "Thank you." He repeated instead.
    Leia doesn't seem to be angry at all that you were about to cou de grace her Snorunt. She's probably seen much worse aggression in higher level fights. She grins at your obvious excitement over having won. You'd best get use to that little guy biting you, Mordecai. After all, he's yours now! Let me just say goodbye first, please." She walks over to the Totodile and picks it up to exchange a few words. Then she hands it over to you. "Before you go get him healed up, let me get you your prizes for winning." She heads to another part of the gym and returns shortly with a bag full of goodies. She picks them out one at a time to hand to you, along with a short explanation.

    "This is your trusty Pokedex. It will contain all the information you collect along your travels. All you have to do is take it out and scan any new pokemon you come across, and it'll download data about it to help you out. Don't forget to use it! Knowing your opponent will always make things easier, and you'll find that battles get easier the more you use your Pokedex.

    This little gadget is called a Pokegear. It's got a bunch of neat functions, like being a cell phone and a navigation system. It's solar powered and should get service almost anywhere. Just, you know, don't try to call home from inside Mirror Mountain and you'll be fine. It also contains all of your identification for the League, so be sure not to lose it!

    I also want to give you some supplies for the road. Three potions to heal your pokemon, three bottles of enriched water so you don't keel over, and three pokeballs to catch Kamoho some friends! Use 'em wisely.

    And here's an Iapapa berry for Kamoho. It'll be a yummy snack for him since he likes sour things so much.

    Oh and lastly, here's a TM. You know what TMs do, right? They teach your pokemon moves if they're compatible. This one contains Rain Dance, which will make it rain over the battlefield. It's perfect for water types to get the upper hand!
    "

    Leia extends her hand to you. "Good luck out there, Mordecai. Trust in yourself and in Kamoho. You two will be great."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo's cheeks flushed all over again, but this time he held his head high. I won on my first try! Against one of her Arcanines pups, and Piri Piri didn't even get hurt! Thanks, I've been here enough that if I didn't know hou to use the arena, I'd be slower than a slowpoke. Is the growlithe going to be ok?

    Piri Piri walked right up to Leo and held out his hand. Leo grinned, and pulled out a pepper from his pocket and handed it to the little pokemon. You deserve it! Piri Piri, that was absolutely amazing! Piri Piri grinned himself, and greedily ate the pepper and held out his hand for mor. Later, tell you what, I'll have my mom make you some food, and by mew, she is the best cook you will ever meet.

    Looking up at Halle again, Leo said His appetite is bigger than mine, I dread to think what it'll be like when he evolves! If it's ok with Piri Piri, can I use him as my starter? He glanced at the Darumaka, his eyes full of hope.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas gratefully accepts the Repair Kit and resists the urge to open it up to look inside. But that would probably be rude to Avu and he wanted nothing more than to make the man proud. In all honesty he wasn't interested in the gym leader challenge, but he was a trainer now and if he just sat around dong nothing he really would be the 'waste of space' his father claimed he was. He quickly organizes the items and sticks them into the appropriate pockets on his messenger bag without another word.

    It was a sad thing to admit, but his entire life was in the bag. He had packed everything he had last night, unwilling to return to the house should he win. Or lose.

    Remembering the difficulties he faced earlier during the test, he withdrew from his pocket his Pokedex and began pressing buttons. Did it have any information on it yet? He had been able to make the correct choice due to Abra's influence but what if he had chosen incorrectly. Not being able to find the information he sought, he decided to ask Avu, "Where's the information about 'Misdreavus', "Scraggy', and 'Ralts'?"

    He says each name with deliberation, afraid to mispronounce them and embarrass himself in front of the gym leader.
    Avu gladly obliges. "Ah, since that's a brand new Pokedex it's a clean slate. Much like you now that you've become a trainer, if I might so observe. But here, this is a perfect chance to practice using your Pokedex." He releases the three pokemon that you mention, and the Gengar appears beside them as well. "Press that button right there to scan each of these guys one a time, and your Pokedex will record their information. Oh, looks like Face here wants to get scanned too. Go ahead, Nikolas. They won't mind."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    She looks nervous, partially turning away to hide her face as it turned red from embarrassment. It was ancient history, wasn't it? Her father, too, never let it go, always held on to those memories that would never come back. It wasn't...it wasn't something to be hated, but she had nothing like that herself, those memories or that steadying hand of the past. She had to keep going, even if she didn't know where. She looked at Zayir, watching the three Pokeballs as they flew through the air. Flying was weak against Electric, right? Then..."I'll challenge Hoothoot," she called out, forcing herself to speak clearly enough to be heard.
    Zayir nods vigorously and deftly tosses the other two pokeballs back to Jolteon before releasing his Hoothoot. "And so we begin! Ladies first, Miss Noricen." He awaits your move, as does the audience.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    (Spikes hurt anything non-flying, electrified floor hurts anything non-electric, non-steel, non-flying. Both are rough terrain with the same specified exceptions.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 12:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Though he was slightly unnerved by the frightening ghost Pokemon, Nikolas did as Avu directed. He aimed his Pokedex at each Pokemon and pushed the appropriate button, letting the device spin and whir a bit before pulling up windows of information about the Pokemon he had just scanned. Looking at the move lists of each Pokemon he could see why Scraggy had been the best match up. Fortunately he had not picked Misdreavus.

    "W-well, I guess I should get going. TMs don't pick themselves up, heh."

    He slung the newly heavy bag over his shoulder and bent down to pick up the Abra to carry in his arms. Judging from the fight, the small Pokemon didn't look like a strong walker.

    "Goodbye Avu, and again, thank you,"
    he said with a small unsure nod.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •