Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Kamoho bit. The krabby swayed backwards, then clamped his claws on the totodile's mouth.

    Kamoho growled, and strained to open his jaws. Which was the wrong answer, and resulted in the krabby pulling back.

    "Paka! Now!"

    Which was when the starly soared forward. Mordecai had expected the starly to attack with his talons or something, but instead he pretty much threw himself in his entirety into the krabby.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Paka uses tackle!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[12]
    Damage roll: (2d8+13)[22]

    Mordecai won't do anything this turn except take the bubble.

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Good job Thales," Pitch says, looking at the Oshawott with pride.

    Pitch looks to Outlet, then the fleshy mess of a Dunsparce that Thales had hit.

    "Dig in little guy," he says, waving to the mangled Dunsparce. "All you can eat."

    Thales walks over to his trainer with no small amount of swaggering. Pitch pats the Oshawott on the head, proud of his performance.

    Pitch leans back on the rock, lounging.

    "Whatcha say? How about you join up with us? We'll be ditching this town soon, we just need some cash first. We'll treat you well. We're a family; we look after our own, and don't let anyone hurt us."

    "Oh, and help yourself to some Dunsparce. They aren't good for anything other than that now."
    Your Shinx digs into the Dunsparce ravenously.

    The Scyther surveys you and your pokemon. "A clear line between your team and all others. I can respect that."

    He glides over to the Dunsparce that Outlet isn't eating, cuts himself a piece and skewers it onto his arm. He bites off a mouthful as he glides over to you.

    "Seems working with you would be enjoyable. Certainly no shortage of excitement or opportunities to put these to use," he says, sharpening his blades. He then produces a mostly black Poke Ball to hand to you. "I liberated this from a trainer who wasn't worthy of it. If you would use it to "capture" me, that would be preferable." He eats the rest of the meat on his arm and waits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You gain 1 Luxury Ball!
    Stats for Scyther
    Level 11, Male.
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Stoic
    HP 7
    Attack 11
    Defense 8
    SAT 6
    SDEF 8
    Speed 11
    Has Razor Wind as an egg move.
    Intelligence = 6.
    100% HP
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper obliges and sells you two Poke Balls. "Here you go. Hmm. I suppose there's something you could help me with. My wife is bugging me to pick her some berries from the bushes outside of town. I don't really have time considering I run this place, but she'd love it if I brought some home."

    "I'll give you...let's say ^50 per basket of them? Double if store credit. You could probably carry four baskets at a time,
    " he says, pulling out four baskets and setting them on the counter.
    Sure, but could I get three more baskets, my pokemon will be able to carry them too.

    When he gets the baskets, he goes outside and releases his pokemon. First, I'd like to say you all did a great job in that battle earlier today. Now, we're going to make some money so we can move on to Xylo, and maybe buy a TM for one of you. Nightlock, I want you to take it easy alright? The munchlax nodded, though he seemed to be recovered well.

    Well, it shouldn't take us too long to find the berries if they're just outside of town, and double store credit will be nice after I make enough to make it to Xylo without being broke when I get there.

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your Shinx digs into the Dunsparce ravenously.

    The Scyther surveys you and your pokemon. "A clear line between your team and all others. I can respect that."

    He glides over to the Dunsparce that Outlet isn't eating, cuts himself a piece and skewers it onto his arm. He bites off a mouthful as he glides over to you.

    "Seems working with you would be enjoyable. Certainly no shortage of excitement or opportunities to put these to use," he says, sharpening his blades. He then produces a mostly black Poke Ball to hand to you. "I liberated this from a trainer who wasn't worthy of it. If you would use it to "capture" me, that would be preferable." He eats the rest of the meat on his arm and waits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You gain 1 Luxury Ball!
    Stats for Scyther
    Level 11, Male.
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Stoic
    HP 7
    Attack 11
    Defense 8
    SAT 6
    SDEF 8
    Speed 11
    Has Razor Wind as an egg move.
    Intelligence = 6.
    100% HP
    Pitch chuckles at the comment. Him and the Scyther will get along just fine. He gently touches the ball to the Scyther, then sends it right out as soon as the ball is done shaking.

    "Gotta name?" he says, gesturing for Shovel and Thales to pick up some buckets as he picks up two of his own and starts to walk back to town, calling Outlet away from the body. Who knows, maybe the corpses will attract something.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-23 at 03:46 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste was surprised at the sudden burst of electricity, but remembered from the move list that Magnemite would learn first Thundershock, then eventually more powerful electric attacks. That menat that this was..."Randel, Thundershock again." Obligingly, Randel fired off another blast of electricity, striking the same Pokemon again as Celeste pulled out a Pokeball, watching to see.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel: 16/23 HP
    Use Thundershock on F2.
    Acc (2): [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1] (1d12+6; +11 SATK; +1 STAB; +1 Metronome)

    Celeste:
    If the Foongus is still standing, use a Pokeball.
    Capture: [roll2]

    If F2 is knocked out or captured, Randel shifts to G5


    EDIT: That capture roll... <_<
    The second shock, synchronized with the metronome's beat, hits the same Foongus and makes it falter. It's still standing, but barely.

    Your pokeball makes contact, but the pokemon uses all of its remaining energy to fight out of containment. At any rate, it looks far too spent to act at the moment.

    Stephanie lobs a Poke Ball at the one Swabby injured, and she is able to catch it! Her Swablu is then able to take out the third mushroom with a critical strike. "Good work, Swabby!"

    Now there's just the wobbly mushroom near you and Randel.

    You hear faint sounds of a muffled conversation between Pokemon from the trees behind you.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #576
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Kamoho bit. The krabby swayed backwards, then clamped his claws on the totodile's mouth.

    Kamoho growled, and strained to open his jaws. Which was the wrong answer, and resulted in the krabby pulling back.

    "Paka! Now!"

    Which was when the starly soared forward. Mordecai had expected the starly to attack with his talons or something, but instead he pretty much threw himself in his entirety into the krabby.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Paka uses tackle!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[6]
    Damage roll: (1d6+7)[12]

    Mordecai won't do anything this turn except take the bubble.

    Your Starly connects! Perhaps the Krabby wasn't expecting such a small bird to pack a big punch, but the blow catches it by surprise and sends it sprawling.

    The two Krabby under your command continue to sit still, patiently waiting.

    The last one fires another jet of bubbles at you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bubble!
    AC 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[12]
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The second shock, synchronized with the metronome's beat, hits the same Foongus and makes it falter. It's still standing, but barely.

    Your pokeball makes contact, but the pokemon uses all of its remaining energy to fight out of containment. At any rate, it looks far too spent to act at the moment.

    Stephanie lobs a Poke Ball at the one Swabby injured, and she is able to catch it! Her Swablu is then able to take out the third mushroom with a critical strike. "Good work, Swabby!"

    Now there's just the wobbly mushroom near you and Randel.

    You hear faint sounds of a muffled conversation between Pokemon from the trees behind you.
    "Please..." she whispers as she sends out the Pokeball again, concentrating on the Pokemon in front of her. Randel hears the conversation, looking at the tress.

    Spoiler
    Show
    One more try.

    Capture: (1d100+5)[50]
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Sure, but could I get three more baskets, my pokemon will be able to carry them too.

    When he gets the baskets, he goes outside and releases his pokemon. First, I'd like to say you all did a great job in that battle earlier today. Now, we're going to make some money so we can move on to Xylo, and maybe buy a TM for one of you. Nightlock, I want you to take it easy alright? The munchlax nodded, though he seemed to be recovered well.

    Well, it shouldn't take us too long to find the berries if they're just outside of town, and double store credit will be nice after I make enough to make it to Xylo without being broke when I get there.
    The shopkeeper nods and puts three more baskets on the counter. "Here you go."

    It takes about 15 minutes to get to the bushes the shopkeeper mentioned and around half an hour to fill up all of the baskets. By the time you return to the Mart with your first haul, it's right around dinnertime.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper nods and puts three more baskets on the counter. "Here you go."

    It takes about 15 minutes to get to the bushes the shopkeeper mentioned and around half an hour to fill up all of the baskets. By the time you return to the Mart with your first haul, it's right around dinnertime.
    Nightlock's and Piri Piris stomachs growled all the way back to the store. When the baskets back, We'll be back after I feed these guys. How late will you be open?

    Leo then headed to the Cosmic Cafe for a quick dinner. He raided their stores of food, and pulled together a decent meal for his pokemon rather quickly. Tacos didn't take long to make, especially when a large pan of meat was already almost cooked when you started.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This cooking has no mechanical effect, as I have used home cooking today. If needed, I'll pay to feed Mareep, but the other two don't actually need it.

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch chuckles at the comment. Him and the Scyther will get along just fine. He gently touches the ball to the Scyther, then sends it right out as soon as the ball is done shaking.

    "Gotta name?" he says, gesturing for Shovel and Thales to pick up some buckets as he picks up two of his own and starts to walk back to town, calling Outlet away from the body. Who knows, maybe the corpses will attract something.
    The Scyther appears again, stretching its arms. "Huh. So that's what those feel like." He hears your question and answers, "I am called Carnifex. It means "Executioner" in an ancient tongue."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Scyther appears again, stretching its arms. "Huh. So that's what those feel like." He hears your question and answers, "I am called Carnifex. It means "Executioner" in an ancient tongue."
    "Let's go with Carn. Rolls off the tongue easier," Pitch says.

    As they near town, Pitch returns Carn and Outlet, apologizing to the two of them, explaining that he'd rather not walk into town with a lot of Pokemon out and draw attention.

    He drops off his current load at the 'mart, using the store credit from this trip to buy some Potions.

    "Would you happen to have a wagon or something I could use?" he asks, getting an idea.

    If the answer is yes he takes it before going to get his Pokemon patched up. If no, he still goes to get his Pokemon patched up.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Please..." she whispers as she sends out the Pokeball again, concentrating on the Pokemon in front of her. Randel hears the conversation, looking at the tress.

    Spoiler
    Show
    One more try.

    Capture: [roll0]
    Your pokeball hits the last Foongus and sucks it in with a burst of energy. The ball shakes a bit on the ground, but the pokemon is too tired to escape again. With a click, it shuts and remains still. You caught Foongus!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 7, Male
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Serious
    HP 7 (-1)
    Attack 6
    Defense 5
    SATK 6
    SDEF 6
    Speed 2 (+2)
    HP: 4%


    "Hooray, we won! And we both got new pokemon too, neat."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel receives 210*1.2=252 EXP for the battle!


    You manage to see movement in the trees where the sound came from. It looks like whatever it was is heading away from you.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 04:22 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Nightlock's and Piri Piris stomachs growled all the way back to the store. When the baskets back, We'll be back after I feed these guys. How late will you be open?

    Leo then headed to the Cosmic Cafe for a quick dinner. He raided their stores of food, and pulled together a decent meal for his pokemon rather quickly. Tacos didn't take long to make, especially when a large pan of meat was already almost cooked when you started.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This cooking has no mechanical effect, as I have used home cooking today. If needed, I'll pay to feed Mareep, but the other two don't actually need it.
    "Thanks. This place is open until midnight, but I wouldn't go into that forest past sundown if I were you. I've heard some scary horror stories."

    You are able to make some good food with your family's restaurant's supplies. When everyone's done eating, your Pokegear's watch reads 6:06.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's up to you how much you do or don't pay for it, since it's your family's stuff.


    The shopkeeper hands you the baskets when you return. "Looks like you've got enough daylight for one more trip today. Up to you if you want to do more than that."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Let's go with Carn. Rolls off the tongue easier," Pitch says.

    As they near town, Pitch returns Carn and Outlet, apologizing to the two of them, explaining that he'd rather not walk into town with a lot of Pokemon out and draw attention.

    He drops off his current load at the 'mart, using the store credit from this trip to buy some Potions.

    "Would you happen to have a wagon or something I could use?" he asks, getting an idea.

    If the answer is yes he takes it before going to get his Pokemon patched up. If no, he still goes to get his Pokemon patched up.
    "Carn it is," the Scyther says with a nod.

    Back at the Pokemart, the shopkeeper thanks you for another trip. "Hmm? Sorry, no wagon around here."

    En route to the Center you see the Rangers from yesterday walk by, joking around with each other and paying you no attention. One of them has a Farfetch'd on his shoulder, which you could easily scan.

    An older nurse on duty this time sees you walk in. "Need some healing, Son?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Carn it is," the Scyther says with a nod.

    Back at the Pokemart, the shopkeeper thanks you for another trip. "Hmm? Sorry, no wagon around here."

    En route to the Center you see the Rangers from yesterday walk by, joking around with each other and paying you no attention. One of them has a Farfetch'd on his shoulder, which you could easily scan.

    An older nurse on duty this time sees you walk in. "Need some healing, Son?"
    "Yeah," Pitch says, handing the Nurse Outlet, Shovel, and Thales' Pokeballs.

    "Do you guys have a cart or something I could borrow for a few hours?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Thanks. This place is open until midnight, but I wouldn't go into that forest past sundown if I were you. I've heard some scary horror stories."

    You are able to make some good food with your family's restaurant's supplies. When everyone's done eating, your Pokegear's watch reads 6:06.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's up to you how much you do or don't pay for it, since it's your family's stuff.


    The shopkeeper hands you the baskets when you return. "Looks like you've got enough daylight for one more trip today. Up to you if you want to do more than that."
    I've already had one horror story today, I don't need another. I'll just do one more trip tonight. Can I come tomorrow and do the same thing?

    Leo heads out, carrying his baskets hoping he gets back before dark falls.

  17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Yeah," Pitch says, handing the Nurse Outlet, Shovel, and Thales' Pokeballs.

    "Do you guys have a cart or something I could borrow for a few hours?"
    The nurse takes your Poke Balls and starts to head back, but stops short upon hearing your question. "Oh! Hmm, let me see. There might be something..."

    She returns a little bit later with a rolling hospital cart and your pokemon. "Here you go, Hun. Will this do?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you can picture one of those carts that hospitals use for medicine and stuff...it's one of those. I can barely picture it myself so hopefully this makes sense.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your pokeball hits the last Foongus and sucks it in with a burst of energy. The ball shakes a bit on the ground, but the pokemon is too tired to escape again. With a click, it shuts and remains still. You caught Foongus!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 7, Male
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Serious
    HP 7 (-1)
    Attack 6
    Defense 5
    SATK 6
    SDEF 6
    Speed 2 (+2)
    HP: 4%


    "Hooray, we won! And we both got new pokemon too, neat."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel receives 210*1.2=252 EXP for the battle!


    You manage to see movement in the trees where the sound came from. It looks like whatever it was is heading away from you.
    Celeste simply smiled back, thankful that the Pokeball had succeeded this time. As she bent down to pick up the Pokeball, she heard rustling and looked up. For a second, she thought she saw shadows peering at the four of them, which was confirmed when they moved, turning to flee further into the undergrowth. "Ah, there's something back there," she called out to Steph as she went into the undergrowth after it. Randel, unhindered by the tangled vegetation, followed easily.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  19. - Top - End - #589
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I've already had one horror story today, I don't need another. I'll just do one more trip tonight. Can I come tomorrow and do the same thing?

    Leo heads out, carrying his baskets hoping he gets back before dark falls.
    "Sure thing. I'll be here."

    You make it to the clearing once again before too long, but this time there's a couple of blue monkey-like pokemon that you recognize as Panpour eating the berries! They're facing away from you when you notice them and are far too busy stuffing their mouths to have heard your approach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll whip up a map if you choose combat. You're close enough for any attack you might want to make. Also, you'll have a surprise round so feel free to act twice in a row off the bat.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #590
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste simply smiled back, thankful that the Pokeball had succeeded this time. As she bent down to pick up the Pokeball, she heard rustling and looked up. For a second, she thought she saw shadows peering at the four of them, which was confirmed when they moved, turning to flee further into the undergrowth. "Ah, there's something back there," she called out to Steph as she went into the undergrowth after it. Randel, unhindered by the tangled vegetation, followed easily.
    "Right behind you, Celeste." Stephanie and her Swablu follow you two into the undergrowth.

    You traverse through the terrain for a bit, finding more bits of black hair and blue fur as you go. Eventually, you see an opening! Through there, you find another, smaller clearing.

    Two pokemon are alone here. One looks exactly like the description the shopkeeper gave you of his Gothita, while the other looks quite different. It does have blue fur. They're holding hands, looking at you.

    "Oh!" Stephanie exclaims when she reaches the same spot.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Right behind you, Celeste." Stephanie and her Swablu follow you two into the undergrowth.

    You traverse through the terrain for a bit, finding more bits of black hair and blue fur as you go. Eventually, you see an opening! Through there, you find another, smaller clearing.

    Two pokemon are alone here. One looks exactly like the description the shopkeeper gave you of his Gothita, while the other looks quite different. It does have blue fur. They're holding hands, looking at you.

    "Oh!" Stephanie exclaims when she reaches the same spot.
    "It's...ah. Then they might be..." Trying not to move in a threatening manner, she pulls out her Pokedex and scans first the strange Pokemon, and then Gothita.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  22. - Top - End - #592
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "It's...ah. Then they might be..." Trying not to move in a threatening manner, she pulls out her Pokedex and scans first the strange Pokemon, and then Gothita.
    Stephanie scans them as well. Your pokedexes beep and give you info about these two: the blue one is a Riolu and the black one is indeed a Gothita. The Riolu approaches you cautiously but without fear. It waves at you when it's a few yards away. The Gothita is a few steps behind it.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Sure thing. I'll be here."

    You make it to the clearing once again before too long, but this time there's a couple of blue monkey-like pokemon that you recognize as Panpour eating the berries! They're facing away from you when you notice them and are far too busy stuffing their mouths to have heard your approach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll whip up a map if you choose combat. You're close enough for any attack you might want to make. Also, you'll have a surprise round so feel free to act twice in a row off the bat.
    Leo scans the pokemon before doing anything. Then, he walks up to them. Hey would you guys like to have a little contest? It'll be a battle, you two versus two of my pokemon. If I win, you let me capture you, if you win, I take you to the finest eating establishment I know.

  24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Stephanie scans them as well. Your pokedexes beep and give you info about these two: the blue one is a Riolu and the black one is indeed a Gothita. The Riolu approaches you cautiously but without fear. It waves at you when it's a few yards away. The Gothita is a few steps behind it.
    Celeste waves back, not entirely sure how to react, then looks at Stephanie. "Umm, they don't really seem to be in trouble. Gothita seems to have made a friend, actually." Randel bobs forward, greeting the two with a series of beeps and clicks. Along with this, Celeste takes a step forward, kneeling down a bit to be closer to the same height as the two young Pokemon. "Umm...hello. We were actually sent by the clerk at the shop. He was getting a little worried, Gothita, since you hadn't been in for a couple days. Are you two doing alright?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  25. - Top - End - #595
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo scans the pokemon before doing anything. Then, he walks up to them. Hey would you guys like to have a little contest? It'll be a battle, you two versus two of my pokemon. If I win, you let me capture you, if you win, I take you to the finest eating establishment I know.
    Your sudden speech startles the two Panpours. One shoots water into the berry bush while the other jumps into the air. They do listen to your proposal, though. When you're finished speaking, they look at each other.

    They converse for a bit, evidently discussing your wager. As far as you can tell, one's for it and the other's against it. Their argument is getting nowhere, when all of a sudden a larger, older looking Simipour jumps down from the trees.

    The two younger ones explain the situation, which leads the Simipour to look at you. Without warning, it shoots some boiling-hot water into your face!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scald!
    AC 2 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (3d10+27)[37]


    The Simipour then grabs the two Panpours and jumps back into the trees, out of sight.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The nurse takes your Poke Balls and starts to head back, but stops short upon hearing your question. "Oh! Hmm, let me see. There might be something..."

    She returns a little bit later with a rolling hospital cart and your pokemon. "Here you go, Hun. Will this do?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you can picture one of those carts that hospitals use for medicine and stuff...it's one of those. I can barely picture it myself so hopefully this makes sense.
    Pitch looks at the cart with a frown.

    "Sorry, that's a little small. Thanks for trying though," Pitch says with a smile. Guess he'd have to do it the old fashion way.

    When his Pokemon are done being healed he gives Thales and Shovel buckets and begins making trips again.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Okay, next - Agh!" Mordecai spluttered. He whipped out his styler, sending it at the last krabby - but this time, his intent was to literally restrain it briefly, using it as a physical halt.

    Kamoho, now freed, was clamping his jaws together over and over. Stupid krabby! Mordecai noticed that the totodile was still a little distracted.

    "Paka! That one!"

    With a bizzare not-terribly-intimidating sounding chirp, the starly once again slammed its entire body into the new krabby. That time Mordecai was a little worried - the starly didn't even use his /head/ there, he just slammed into the krabby.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Paka uses tackle on the functionally-remaining krabby!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[17]
    Damage roll: (2d8+13)[15]

    Mordecai will use restrain on the same krabby. Flavoring this one, however, as he's literally trapping the thing, so flavorwise he's using his styler to physically hold it. Mechanically, he's doing a normal restrain with the order to stay put.
    Restraining roll: (1d100-20)[15]
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your sudden speech startles the two Panpours. One shoots water into the berry bush while the other jumps into the air. They do listen to your proposal, though. When you're finished speaking, they look at each other.

    They converse for a bit, evidently discussing your wager. As far as you can tell, one's for it and the other's against it. Their argument is getting nowhere, when all of a sudden a larger, older looking Simipour jumps down from the trees.

    The two younger ones explain the situation, which leads the Simipour to look at you. Without warning, it shoots some boiling-hot water into your face!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scald!
    AC 2 (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d20+6)[25]


    The Simipour then grabs the two Panpours and jumps back into the trees, out of sight.
    Leo brought his hands up, trying to defend himself from the boiling hot water. That Hurt! Nightlock, we're following them, see if you can pick up a scent.

    Leo drinks some of the water that Halle gave him, pouring some on his burned face and arms. Nightlock was smelling the ground trying to see if he could locate where the pokemon went.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tracker Roll, need 11+ (1d20)[18]
    Also if I can, using family finder (1d20+6)[25]; 15+ locate them, 20+ locate food/recources they use.

  29. - Top - End - #599
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste waves back, not entirely sure how to react, then looks at Stephanie. "Umm, they don't really seem to be in trouble. Gothita seems to have made a friend, actually." Randel bobs forward, greeting the two with a series of beeps and clicks. Along with this, Celeste takes a step forward, kneeling down a bit to be closer to the same height as the two young Pokemon. "Umm...hello. We were actually sent by the clerk at the shop. He was getting a little worried, Gothita, since you hadn't been in for a couple days. Are you two doing alright?"
    The two pokemon greet your Magnemite and Stephanie's Swablu as well. Stephanie shrugs when you look at her. She seems dumbfounded.

    At the mention of the shop clerk, a look of guilt washes over the Gothita's face. They both nod when you ask if they're alright, and then they start conversing. Eventually, the Gothita points to you and Stephanie. The Riolu regards the two of you very closely, as if peering into your souls.

    Evidently, it is satisfied with what it sees, because it says something to the Gothita and the two each take one of your hands.

    "Nice work, Celeste! Looks like we solved the mystery of the disappearing Gothita. Let's head back to the shop and let the man know."

    Your traveling party makes it back to the Poke Mart without further incident. You can tell the two pokemon adore each other. Once inside, the owner jumps for joy at seeing his Gothita again.

    "Ah you found her! Thank you so much!" He picks her up and spins her around. "Where was she?" he asks, putting her back down. The Riolu steps forward and takes the Gothita's hand. "Oh! I think I'm beginning to see."

    Stephanie steps forward to explain. "Mister, it seems your Gothita has been sneaking off to rendezvous with this Riolu here."

    "Oh my. Yes, indeed. I'd hate to break these two lovebirds apart...but I just don't have the resources to take care of two pokemon." He pulls out the Gothita's Poke Ball. "Perhaps...perhaps one of you would be willing to take them along with you?"

    Stephanie quickly denies the offer. "I've had more than my fair share of pokemon pairings from my training as a Breeder. You should take them, Celeste!"

    Everyone in the room looks at you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    How's that for being on the spot? Also, two free pokemon!
    And in other, also positive news, have a story reward level!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #600
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch looks at the cart with a frown.

    "Sorry, that's a little small. Thanks for trying though," Pitch says with a smile. Guess he'd have to do it the old fashion way.

    When his Pokemon are done being healed he gives Thales and Shovel buckets and begins making trips again.
    The nurse nods and wheels the cart back.

    You and your Pokemon make trip after trip in complete peace. During that time, you pass a trainer talking on the phone about going to challenge Leia. He has a sharp-furred yellow pokemon with pointy ears at his side, which you have the chance to scan and learn is a Jolteon.

    Three trips later, it's getting close to dinnertime. "Tired yet?" the shopkeeper half-jokingly asks when you walk in again.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •