Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Okay, next - Agh!" Mordecai spluttered. He whipped out his styler, sending it at the last krabby - but this time, his intent was to literally restrain it briefly, using it as a physical halt.

    Kamoho, now freed, was clamping his jaws together over and over. Stupid krabby! Mordecai noticed that the totodile was still a little distracted.

    "Paka! That one!"

    With a bizzare not-terribly-intimidating sounding chirp, the starly once again slammed its entire body into the new krabby. That time Mordecai was a little worried - the starly didn't even use his /head/ there, he just slammed into the krabby.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Paka uses tackle on the functionally-remaining krabby!
    Attack roll: (2d8+6)[21]
    Damage roll: (1d20)[19]

    Mordecai will use restrain on the same krabby. Flavoring this one, however, as he's literally trapping the thing, so flavorwise he's using his styler to physically hold it. Mechanically, he's doing a normal restrain with the order to stay put.
    Restraining roll: (1d6+7)[10]
    You succeed in tying the Krabby up, giving Paka to line up his strike on the defenseless crab.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna go ahead and give you an auto-critical on that tackle on the restrained Krabby. Rolling crit: (2d8+6)[21]


    The impact almost knocks the Krabby out, but it manages to get back up. It changes its target to the Starly and shoots out another jet of bubbles.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bubble!
    AC 2 (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[10]
    Critical: (1d6+3)[8]


    The last two Krabby still remain rooted to the ground.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Paka! Hold on!"

    And with that, Mordecai hurled a pokeball at the krabby.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Capture roll! (1d100+5)[95]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo brought his hands up, trying to defend himself from the boiling hot water. That Hurt! Nightlock, we're following them, see if you can pick up a scent.

    Leo drinks some of the water that Halle gave him, pouring some on his burned face and arms. Nightlock was smelling the ground trying to see if he could locate where the pokemon went.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tracker Roll, need 11+ [roll0]
    Also if I can, using family finder [roll1]; 15+ locate them, 20+ locate food/recources they use.
    You and Nightlock both pick up the same trail. Your instincts tell you that these Pokemon eat these berries--duh--along with other bushes around the forest, and that they get water from a stream a little ways further into the forest.

    Their trail, made clear by some freshly fallen leaves from the trees overhead, leads into the heart of the forest. Through the somewhat thick cover of treetop, you can see that the sun is already setting.

    Now you have a decision: are you going to follow these Pokemon even deeper into the forest or get back to town before nightfall?
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 05:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "...blast!"

    Paka was not too happy at the bubble to the face. Actually that wasn't true at all - Paka seemed like he was in precisely the same state he was in a couple minutes ago. He seemed almost unaware of what was going on.

    "Uh. Paka! One more!"

    Spoiler
    Show


    Paka uses another tackle!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[4]
    Damage roll: (2d8+13)[22]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "...blast!"

    Paka was not too happy at the bubble to the face. Actually that wasn't true at all - Paka seemed like he was in precisely the same state he was in a couple minutes ago. He seemed almost unaware of what was going on.

    "Uh. Paka! One more!"

    Spoiler
    Show


    Paka uses another tackle!
    Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

    There's no respite for the Krabby, who gets walloped by Paka as soon as he is able to escape the Poke Ball. He falls over as a result and doesn't get back up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Paka and Kamoho each receive 270 EXP for the battle!
    Actually, make Paka's 405 EXP.


    The two Krabby that you had restrained wander off to rejoin the Krabby work cycle...or something.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 05:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You and Nightlock both pick up the same trail. Your instincts tell you that these Pokemon eat these berries--duh--along with other bushes around the forest, and that they get water from a stream a little ways further into the forest.

    Their trail, made clear by some freshly fallen leaves from the trees overhead, leads into the heart of the forest. Through the somewhat thick cover of treetop, you can see that the sun is already setting.

    Now you have a decision: are you going to follow these Pokemon even deeper into the forest or get back to town before nightfall?
    My pokemon aren't strong enough to be wandering around at night, I'll leave, and then come back tomorrow.

    Leo marks the spot where the path is on a sheet of paper, and then turns around, and heads back to the clearing to collect berries.

    When he gets back to the mart, he gave the berries to the shopkeeper. Sorry I took so long, I ran into some wilds that gave me trouble. I'll be back tomorrow, how early do you open?

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The nurse nods and wheels the cart back.

    You and your Pokemon make trip after trip in complete peace. During that time, you pass a trainer talking on the phone about going to challenge Leia. He has a sharp-furred yellow pokemon with pointy ears at his side, which you have the chance to scan and learn is a Jolteon.

    Three trips later, it's getting close to dinnertime. "Tired yet?" the shopkeeper half-jokingly asks when you walk in again.
    "Nah, just taking a break," Pitch says, buying food for him and the team. He feeds everybody but Carn here, then heads out, telling the 'mart owner to wait a while, then heads out again, making sure to check the Dunsparce corpses and feed Carn when they get to the river. He takes a short break, letting Thales and Outlet play in the water a bit, and sits down, trying to start up a conversation with Carn.

    "So, what's your story? Did you belong to a trainer once upon a time?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-23 at 06:59 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Way to go, Paka!"

    A happy chirp, as the starly fluttered back into Mordecai's shoulder.

    Upon which Kamoho stomped towards the trainer, who smiled. "You too, Kamoho! I really liked how - "

    In which the totodile clamped his jaw on Mordecai's arm. Preceeding the pulling, Mordecai did have to analyze - it'd been awhile, hadn't it?

    ~~~

    "There. Done being jealous?"

    "Dile." That clearly meant no.

    "Kamoho, Paka can't bite things /at all/. Trust me, your focus is not at all in danger here."

    "Dile." More pouting. Mordecai exhaled.

    "...I guess it's good that you like me enough to care about -"

    He shifted his head backwards away from the snap. "Okay, okay! Dropping subject. Look, star shaped pokemon!" Out came his dex, as he pokedex'd them.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    My pokemon aren't strong enough to be wandering around at night, I'll leave, and then come back tomorrow.

    Leo marks the spot where the path is on a sheet of paper, and then turns around, and heads back to the clearing to collect berries.

    When he gets back to the mart, he gave the berries to the shopkeeper. Sorry I took so long, I ran into some wilds that gave me trouble. I'll be back tomorrow, how early do you open?
    On the street leading to the Poke Mart, a Purrloin walks across your path.

    The shopkeeper takes the berries and puts them away. "Glad to see you made it back alright. And this place opens before you wake up, I can promise you that! I'll be here when you get here.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    On the street leading to the Poke Mart, a Purrloin walks across your path.

    The shopkeeper takes the berries and puts them away. "Glad to see you made it back alright. And this place opens before you wake up, I can promise you that! I'll be here when you get here.
    I'll be here then.

    When Leo gets home, he says goodnight to his parents, brushes his teeth, releases his pokemon, and collapses into bed. Right before his eyes close, he sees Beula and Nightlock sneak into his closet. Then, his eyes close, and he drifts into sleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    breeding check (1d100)[52]

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Nah, just taking a break," Pitch says, buying food for him and the team. He feeds everybody but Carn here, then heads out, telling the 'mart owner to wait a while, then heads out again, making sure to check the Dunsparce corpses and feed Carn when they get to the river. He takes a short break, letting Thales and Outlet play in the water a bit, and sits down, trying to start up a conversation with Carn.

    "So, what's your story? Did you belong to a trainer once upon a time?"
    Carn sits down next to you and tells you about himself as he eats. "I have been on my own for as long as I can remember. For most of my life, I lived in the forest you call Elrem. I taught myself to do many things, but the important things come naturally to me. Fighting, hunting, killing."

    "I met some others of my kind around the forest, but they all seem...less intelligent than I would hope. They possess the same killer instinct and deadly ability, but they lack a certain finesse. It always felt frustrating to travel with them, so I could never do it for too long."

    "Then I got the idea that perhaps, a human could be more interesting to fight alongside. Occasionally, I would come across one wandering through the forest. Though most of them were of adequate intelligence, they invariably lacked the willingness or ability to be a predator--not just fight or win, but to hunt and kill."

    "Eventually I decided to leave the forest and headed this way, toward your city of Port Tidings. I have watched trainers come and go for some time now, waiting for one who genuinely piqued my interest. Some were powerful, even overwhelmingly so. But none had what it takes to do what you did to those Dunsparce and the Luxio before them."

    "And here we are.
    "
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Way to go, Paka!"

    A happy chirp, as the starly fluttered back into Mordecai's shoulder.

    Upon which Kamoho stomped towards the trainer, who smiled. "You too, Kamoho! I really liked how - "

    In which the totodile clamped his jaw on Mordecai's arm. Preceeding the pulling, Mordecai did have to analyze - it'd been awhile, hadn't it?

    ~~~

    "There. Done being jealous?"

    "Dile." That clearly meant no.

    "Kamoho, Paka can't bite things /at all/. Trust me, your focus is not at all in danger here."

    "Dile." More pouting. Mordecai exhaled.

    "...I guess it's good that you like me enough to care about -"

    He shifted his head backwards away from the snap. "Okay, okay! Dropping subject. Look, star shaped pokemon!" Out came his dex, as he pokedex'd them.
    Your pokedex returns info on pokemon called Staryu and Starmie. There are two Staryu and one Starmie lounging about on that section of the beach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll draw up a map if you want to fight 'em. Consider them close enough to you to make any attack you want.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I'll be here then.

    When Leo gets home, he says goodnight to his parents, brushes his teeth, releases his pokemon, and collapses into bed. Right before his eyes close, he sees Beula and Nightlock sneak into his closet. Then, his eyes close, and he drifts into sleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    breeding check [roll0]
    You wake up the next morning to your mother's goodbye. "I'm heading to the Cafe, Honey! Have a good day!"

    There is nothing out of place to find in your closet.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai drank some fresh water while looking at his pokedex's readout. "Star.... wow, what uncreative names."

    "Dile?"

    "Anyway! Okay, uh... Paka, return! Kaulu!"

    Away want his starly, out came his mankey... who nodded. Mordecai had to pause for a moment - he'd been expecting a bite, or a scratch, or a tackle or... or /something/. But nope, just a nod.

    It was actually kind of weird.

    "Um... anyway! Ready for some training, Kaulu?"

    Kaulu nodded again. So weird. Mordecai pointed. "Well! Scratch that... uh, Starmie!"

    Out came his styler once more, spinning it at one of the staryus. With that, his mankey launched himself in the air, slashing with fierce claws.

    ...that not resulting in a bite was /also/ weird.

    Mankey were weird.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain a staryu!
    (1d100-20)[-8]

    Paka uses scratch on a starmie!
    (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d12+17)[25]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai drank some fresh water while looking at his pokedex's readout. "Star.... wow, what uncreative names."

    "Dile?"

    "Anyway! Okay, uh... Paka, return! Kaulu!"

    Away want his starly, out came his mankey... who nodded. Mordecai had to pause for a moment - he'd been expecting a bite, or a scratch, or a tackle or... or /something/. But nope, just a nod.

    It was actually kind of weird.

    "Um... anyway! Ready for some training, Kaulu?"

    Kaulu nodded again. So weird. Mordecai pointed. "Well! Scratch that... uh, Starmie!"

    Out came his styler once more, spinning it at one of the staryus. With that, his mankey launched himself in the air, slashing with fierce claws.

    ...that not resulting in a bite was /also/ weird.

    Mankey were weird.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain a staryu!
    [roll0]

    Paka uses scratch on a starmie!
    [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]

    Your styler wraps around the unsuspecting Staryu, which barely even realizes to struggle before it's completely restrained.

    Kaulu's claws dig into the large blue Starmie, scratching its red gem centerpiece thing and staggering it.

    The Starmie responds by glowing with some energy, which makes some of the scratches go away. It looks healther than before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Recover!


    The other, farther Staryu reacts to the aggression by trying to blend into the beach! It ends up looking like a combination of the sand beneath it and the rock behind it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Camouflage!
    (The Staryu turns into Ground/Rock type. This move is ridiculous.)


    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Map!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 11:46 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai had to stop and just stare at that. "...Pokemon can heal?" He said, more than a little startled. "That's amazing! Whoa!"

    Could it do that all day? If so, he'd have to definitely focus fire thereon. "Remain still!" came his command to the bound staryu, as he attempted to physically restrain the starmie instead. "Kaulu! Head up the beach a little, then strike that staryu with your fighting kick!"

    Kaulu rushed forward, doing just that.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain the starmie this time! This time more physically again.
    (1d100-20)[9]

    Paka will head to K-1, then will use low kick on the stony starmie!
    (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (1d10+21)[22] (Fighting)

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai had to stop and just stare at that. "...Pokemon can heal?" He said, more than a little startled. "That's amazing! Whoa!"

    Could it do that all day? If so, he'd have to definitely focus fire thereon. "Remain still!" came his command to the bound staryu, as he attempted to physically restrain the starmie instead. "Kaulu! Head up the beach a little, then strike that staryu with your fighting kick!"

    Kaulu rushed forward, doing just that.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain the starmie this time! This time more physically again.
    [roll0]

    Kaulu will head to K-1, then will use low kick on the stony starmie!
    [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2] (Fighting)

    The Starmie struggles mightily against your styler, but your training has once again paid off. It eventually resigns itself to being unable to move.

    Kaulu's kick sends the stonefaced Starmie flying, and it lands some distance away, unconscious.

    All that remains now are the Staryu and Starmie that you've restrained!

    You hear some commotion back towards the Krabby section of the beach, but there's nothing to see if you turn back to look.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-23 at 11:54 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai pulled and held onto the styler, keeping it trained on the starmie.

    "I don't have the energy to hold him for long..." He muttered, mostly to himself. "Kaulu! Take a second to check his defenses - gotta make this hit count! He looks sturdy!"

    The Mankey braced himself, leering at the starmie, then delivering a fierce scratch!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain the starmie for the first round, while paka uses leer.

    Paka will then will use scratch on the leer'd starmie!
    (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+17)[24] (Normal)

    (Keeping him restrained during my trainer action this turn, however, so I can get a capture attempt in next round!

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn sits down next to you and tells you about himself as he eats. "I have been on my own for as long as I can remember. For most of my life, I lived in the forest you call Elrem. I taught myself to do many things, but the important things come naturally to me. Fighting, hunting, killing."

    "I met some others of my kind around the forest, but they all seem...less intelligent than I would hope. They possess the same killer instinct and deadly ability, but they lack a certain finesse. It always felt frustrating to travel with them, so I could never do it for too long."

    "Then I got the idea that perhaps, a human could be more interesting to fight alongside. Occasionally, I would come across one wandering through the forest. Though most of them were of adequate intelligence, they invariably lacked the willingness or ability to be a predator--not just fight or win, but to hunt and kill."

    "Eventually I decided to leave the forest and headed this way, toward your city of Port Tidings. I have watched trainers come and go for some time now, waiting for one who genuinely piqued my interest. Some were powerful, even overwhelmingly so. But none had what it takes to do what you did to those Dunsparce and the Luxio before them."

    "And here we are.
    "
    Pitch simply nods the whole time.

    "All that time, no other trainers even attempted to kill a Pokemon?" Pitch says, somewhat shocked. There were no other trainers of his kind? None? Was he really the only one that liked to defeat his foes to that degree?

    "Anyways, you and I will have fun together. I'll need to get out of Port Tidings soon; Thales killed one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon in his first battle and that made her angry. While I managed to make her not want to kill me, others still do. Last night a man just teleported into my hotel room; appeared out of nowhere. We took him down fast, but somebody wants to hurt us. We'll sleep out here tonight; I'll take my chances with the wilds over somebody in the city trying to take us down. The predators out here are simple; the ones in the cities less so."

    After that Pitch stands up.

    "Thales, Shovel, buckets. Let's go."

    Pitch takes his team back, hurrying to try to make it back before dark. When he gets close, he returns Carn and Outlet.

    "Sorry guys, but a talking Scyther and badass little Shinx would draw quite a bit of attention."

    Pitch hurries to the Pokemart, dropping off the last load of buckets and exchanging his store credit.

    "Set of camping gear, Bulldoze TM, and two Fresh Waters," Pitch says. "That should finish off my store credit for the day. Can I take the buckets with me tonight, get an early start tomorrow?"

    After that, Pitch packs up all the gear and heads out of town, releasing Outlet and Carn as they do so. He tries to find a good clearing close to town.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total for the day: 6*800 = 4,800 in store credit.
    800 from Potions earlier. (4000)
    1000 in Camping Gear. (3000)
    2400 Bulldoze (600)
    Enriched Water*2 (600)

    Also, what gear does the portable camp contain?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  20. - Top - End - #620
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai pulled and held onto the styler, keeping it trained on the starmie.

    "I don't have the energy to hold him for long..." He muttered, mostly to himself. "Kaulu! Take a second to check his defenses - gotta make this hit count! He looks sturdy!"

    The Mankey braced himself, leering at the starmie, then delivering a fierce scratch!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai will restrain the starmie for the first round, while paka uses leer.

    Paka will then will use scratch on the leer'd starmie!
    (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+14)[23] (Normal)

    (Keeping him restrained during my trainer action this turn, however, so I can get a capture attempt in next round!

    Since the Starmie is restrained, it has no way of defending itself from Kaulu's attack. The slash hits quite hard and makes the Starmie go limp.

    But only for a second. The Starmie jolts back awake, conscious but barely.

    Before you can celebrate your luck or react in any way, however, a Poke Ball appears out of nowhere and hits the Starmie!

    A flash of light later, the Starmie is sucked inside. It fights for a big, but the ball clicks shut. You turn to look where the Poke Ball came from, and you're startled to see a man right behind you!

    "Oh, did you want that Starmie? Too bad. Now I'll just take the rest of your Pokemon, if you don't mind." He then immediately sweeps your legs out from under you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Low Sweep!
    AC 2 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+14)[23]


    From your new position on the ground, you can see a pair of Kingler chasing after this man, quite angry at him. Then your view gets obstructed by some pokemon the man releases.

    The first is a little steel-plated quadruped. The second is a bluish...thing with big ears and one large bucktooth. The third is a beige-and-green mushroom-like pokemon on two legs.

    Luckily, the pokeballs on your waist dropped when you fell and opened. Paka and Pa'ao have joined the party as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise, sucka! You may command all four of your pokemon during this first round only.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch simply nods the whole time.

    "All that time, no other trainers even attempted to kill a Pokemon?" Pitch says, somewhat shocked. There were no other trainers of his kind? None? Was he really the only one that liked to defeat his foes to that degree?

    "Anyways, you and I will have fun together. I'll need to get out of Port Tidings soon; Thales killed one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon in his first battle and that made her angry. While I managed to make her not want to kill me, others still do. Last night a man just teleported into my hotel room; appeared out of nowhere. We took him down fast, but somebody wants to hurt us. We'll sleep out here tonight; I'll take my chances with the wilds over somebody in the city trying to take us down. The predators out here are simple; the ones in the cities less so."

    After that Pitch stands up.

    "Thales, Shovel, buckets. Let's go."

    Pitch takes his team back, hurrying to try to make it back before dark. When he gets close, he returns Carn and Outlet.

    "Sorry guys, but a talking Scyther and badass little Shinx would draw quite a bit of attention."

    Pitch hurries to the Pokemart, dropping off the last load of buckets and exchanging his store credit.

    "Set of camping gear, Bulldoze TM, and two Fresh Waters," Pitch says. "That should finish off my store credit for the day. Can I take the buckets with me tonight, get an early start tomorrow?"

    After that, Pitch packs up all the gear and heads out of town, releasing Outlet and Carn as they do so. He tries to find a good clearing close to town.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total for the day: 6*800 = 4,800 in store credit.
    800 from Potions earlier. (4000)
    1000 in Camping Gear. (3000)
    2400 Bulldoze (600)
    Enriched Water*2 (600)

    Also, what gear does the portable camp contain?
    Carn shrugs. "Some did. But none went about it as effectively or poetically as do." He then returns the favor by nodding along as you speak.

    The shopkeeper thanks you and sells you all the items you request. "Thanks a lot! And sure, feel free to take them with you. Be careful out there, alright?" he says as you walk out.

    You find a suitable clearing not too far outside of town. It takes you a bit of time to set up camp, but you manage to do so before nighttime fully takes hold. A howl from the woods accompanies your finishing setting up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tent & all the stuff you'd need to set one up, sleeping bag, flashlight, extra tarp for weather/conditions, and some other stuff if I can't think of it right now. We'll air on the side of completeness if there's anything else you can think of that could reasonably be considered "camping supplies." No food or drink, though.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn shrugs. "Some did. But none went about it as effectively or poetically as do." He then returns the favor by nodding along as you speak.

    The shopkeeper thanks you and sells you all the items you request. "Thanks a lot! And sure, feel free to take them with you. Be careful out there, alright?" he says as you walk out.

    You find a suitable clearing not too far outside of town. It takes you a bit of time to set up camp, but you manage to do so before nighttime fully takes hold. A howl from the woods accompanies your finishing setting up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tent & all the stuff you'd need to set one up, sleeping bag, flashlight, extra tarp for weather/conditions, and some other stuff if I can't think of it right now. We'll air on the side of completeness if there's anything else you can think of that could reasonably be considered "camping supplies." No food or drink, though.
    Pitch can't help but grin at Carn's compliment. They'd get along just fine.

    Pitch sets up the camp, getting everything all set up. He gets his bedroll set up in the tent as he tasks his Pokemon with finding some logs and small rocks, then sits down with his team. He sets up a fire, making sure to tell Thales to douse it if it gets out of hand. He uses some dry leaves and Outlet's shocking power to get a fire started and soon has a halfway decent fire going. He quickly gets the dirt out of Shovel's claws, apologizing that he couldn't get the TM applied tonight. After he's done with that, he pulls Outlet onto his lap and starts petting the Shinx again. Thales keeps himself entertained with Shovel, the two of them mock-battling, darting in and out, trying to get a touch on each other.

    "So, Elrem, right?" he says to Carn. "That's down south. I think we'll be heading that way after tomorrow. We'll get some more work done, get a little more money, then we'll head out," Pitch says. "Anything you can tell me about down there? Anything I should prepare for?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yeah!! I - wha!"

    And with a whud, he was lying on his back. He jerked to a sitting position, visibly angry. "HEY! What's the big idea?!" He shouted, when his attacker gave his response.

    Oh. A thief. And also a jerk.

    "Foul thief!" Mordecai hopped to his feet, fury in his eyes. His styler swung a pattern through the air - intimidating more than anything else. "Witness justice!"

    "Kamoho! Blast that one, water!"
    "Pa'ao! A scratch! The middle!"
    "Paka! Smash the grass!"
    "Kaulu! Follow up Paka with a Scratch!"

    His commands were rapid-fire. Here he was in his element - responding to a criminal, styler dancing around but not actually contacting the thief. Kamoho couldn't help but be emboldened by the action set, even if it wasn't biting. Paka and Kaulu swung in rapidfire, while Pa'ao gave a claw at the central quadruped. Mordecai scanned them - extra information could be useful.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kamoho uses watergun against the steel quadruped!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d12+10)[15] (Special, water)

    Pa'ao uses scratch on the blue thing!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: [rol]1d12+17[/roll] (Physical, normal)

    Paka will then will use tackle on the mushroom thing
    Accuracy: (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (2d8+15)[27] (Physical, normal)

    Finally, Kaulu will use scratch also on the mushroom thing (Or blue thing if mushroom's already fainted, or steel if both others have fainted)
    Accuracy: (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d12+17)[27]

    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-24 at 01:44 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Pa'ao's damage roll: (1d12+17)[21]
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-24 at 01:05 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch can't help but grin at Carn's compliment. They'd get along just fine.

    Pitch sets up the camp, getting everything all set up. He gets his bedroll set up in the tent as he tasks his Pokemon with finding some logs and small rocks, then sits down with his team. He sets up a fire, making sure to tell Thales to douse it if it gets out of hand. He uses some dry leaves and Outlet's shocking power to get a fire started and soon has a halfway decent fire going. He quickly gets the dirt out of Shovel's claws, apologizing that he couldn't get the TM applied tonight. After he's done with that, he pulls Outlet onto his lap and starts petting the Shinx again. Thales keeps himself entertained with Shovel, the two of them mock-battling, darting in and out, trying to get a touch on each other.

    "So, Elrem, right?" he says to Carn. "That's down south. I think we'll be heading that way after tomorrow. We'll get some more work done, get a little more money, then we'll head out," Pitch says. "Anything you can tell me about down there? Anything I should prepare for?"
    Carn thinks for a moment before answering. "There is a wide variety of Pokemon who call Elrem Forest home. More important than what they are is the fact that it is their home. While the Pokemon you have encountered thus far have been traveling families or small hunting parties venturing into Human territory, inside Elrem we will be the invaders. If nothing else, you should prepare for a certain ferocity that the native pokemon will fight with to protect themselves and their home."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn thinks for a moment before answering. "There is a wide variety of Pokemon who call Elrem Forest home. More important than what they are is the fact that it is their home. While the Pokemon you have encountered thus far have been traveling families or small hunting parties venturing into Human territory, inside Elrem we will be the invaders. If nothing else, you should prepare for a certain ferocity that the native pokemon will fight with to protect themselves and their home."
    Pitch nods. "More resistance, more enemies. They won't just quit like the ones around here. That could get very interesting very fast," Pitch says. "Do these families compete for territory, or are they fairly peaceful towards each other?"

    If they were, maybe he could use that to his advantage. He has a talking Pokemon now; use it to manipulate them, then go in and clean up the spoils.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  27. - Top - End - #627
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah!! I - wha!"

    And with a whud, he was lying on his back. He jerked to a sitting position, visibly angry. "HEY! What's the big idea?!" He shouted, when his attacker gave his response.

    Oh. A thief. And also a jerk.

    "Foul thief!" Mordecai hopped to his feet, fury in his eyes. His styler swung a pattern through the air - intimidating more than anything else. "Witness justice!"

    "Kamoho! Blast that one, water!"
    "Pa'ao! A scratch! The middle!"
    "Paka! Smash the grass!"
    "Kaulu! Follow up Paka with a Scratch!"

    His commands were rapid-fire. Here he was in his element - responding to a criminal, styler dancing around but not actually contacting the thief. Kamoho couldn't help but be emboldened by the action set, even if it wasn't biting. Paka and Kaulu swung in rapidfire, while Pa'ao gave a claw at the central quadruped.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Kamoho uses watergun against the steel quadruped!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d12+10)[22] (Special, water)

    Pa'ao uses scratch on the blue thing!
    Accuracy: (2d8+16)[21]
    Damage: [rol]1d12+17[/roll] (Physical, normal)

    Paka will then will use tackle on the mushroom thing
    Accuracy: (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (1d20)[20] (Physical, normal)

    Finally, Kaulu will use scratch also on the mushroom thing (Or blue thing if mushroom's already fainted, or steel if both others have fainted)
    Accuracy: (1d10+11)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+11)[18]

    "Cute whip, Ranger scum. I find my bare hands more effective." He lunges at you with surprising speed and aims a punch at your face!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mach Punch!
    AC 2 (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d12+10)[22]


    Kamoho's jet of water douses the steel pokemon, doing quite a bit of damage but not enough to knock it out.

    Pa'ao's claws dig into the blue pokemon, making it grunt in pain. It does look fairly healthy still afterward.

    Paka and Kaulu's tandem effort is more than enough to take the mushroom pokemon down, which crumples into a heap following Kaulu's attack.

    The steel pokemon responds to Kamoho's attack by swiping at it with a metallic claw.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Metal Claw!
    AC 3 was a 17 from OOC.
    Damage: (2d8+16)[21]


    Then the blue pokemon rears back and kicks Pa'ao twice.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double Kick!
    AC 2 twice: (1d20)[5] & (1d20)[20]
    Damage twice: (1d10+11)[14] & (1d10+11)[18]
    Second attack's crit: 9 as per OOC


    Apparently the man's attention has been fully focused on you, because the Kinglers sneak up behind him without him even noticing! They each clamp down on one of his legs with one of their massive claws.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Vicegrip x2!
    AC 2: (1d20)[17] & (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (2d10+24)[38] & (2d10+24)[37]


    "Yeowch!"

    Your pokedex returns names for these pokemon: the steel one is called Aron, the blue one is a Nidoran (Female), and the mushroom is a Shroomish.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-24 at 01:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods. "More resistance, more enemies. They won't just quit like the ones around here. That could get very interesting very fast," Pitch says. "Do these families compete for territory, or are they fairly peaceful towards each other?"

    If they were, maybe he could use that to his advantage. He has a talking Pokemon now; use it to manipulate them, then go in and clean up the spoils.
    Carn smiles at your question. "Very competitive. We'll likely stumble across at least a handful of territorial disputes traveling through the area."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn smiles at your question. "Very competitive. We'll likely stumble across at least a handful of territorial disputes traveling through the area."
    "Those can be very useful," Pitch says with a grin.

    Outlet yawns, his little paws stretching as he opens his mouth wide.

    "You guys should sleep, you too Carn. I'll take first watch. I'll wake you when it's your turn."

    Pitch waits during his watch, looking for something to happen. He keeps an eye on the clock, and if nothing happens during his, he wakes Carn.

    "Your turn. When you're done, wake the other three and explain to them what to do, alright?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Carn: (1d20+6)[9]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  30. - Top - End - #630
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Those can be very useful," Pitch says with a grin.

    Outlet yawns, his little paws stretching as he opens his mouth wide.

    "You guys should sleep, you too Carn. I'll take first watch. I'll wake you when it's your turn."

    Pitch waits during his watch, looking for something to happen. He keeps an eye on the clock, and if nothing happens during his, he wakes Carn.

    "Your turn. When you're done, wake the other three and explain to them what to do, alright?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Carn: [roll0]
    Nothing happens during your first watch. Only the occasional howl or crow keeps things from being utterly silent.

    Carn nods when you leave him to take the second watch. When his turn is over, he wakes up the other three Pokemon and takes them outside to not disturb your rest. Then, he explains what they have to do and stresses that they need to remain vigilant. "I can not quite place it, but something just does not feel right."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a check with each of your 'mons with an extra +1 from Carn's slight warning. Constant Vigilance!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-24 at 02:17 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •