Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Nothing happens during your first watch. Only the occasional howl or crow keeps things from being utterly silent.

    Carn nods when you leave him to take the second watch. When his turn is over, he wakes up the other three Pokemon and takes them outside to not disturb your rest. Then, he explains what they have to do and stresses that they need to remain vigilant. "I can not quite place it, but something just does not feel right."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a check with each of your 'mons. Constant Vigilance!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales: (1d20+4)[19]
    Shovel: (1d20+5)[15]
    Outlet: (1d20+4)[7]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    At the last possible second, Mordecai swayed backwards, evading the punch and dashing to one side.

    "Granted, you already had assaulting an officer on your list." However, he gritted his teeth together That was an expertly thrown punch. This guy knew what he was doing, and thus was far too dangerous to be kept conscious. Pa'ao had gone down, but there really was nothing else for it.

    "Kamoho! Bite - "

    The totodile reared back to give the aron a good chomp.

    "- him!"

    That caused the totodile to pause for a moment, as Mordecai lashed out - styler slashing into the man. "We need him down! Unconscious, of course!"

    And rearing back, the totodile lunged at him - but did check himself. This was... well, different.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses trainer attack vs enemy jerk!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[3]
    Damage roll: (1d10+2)[8]

    Kamoho uses scratch against enemy jerk! (Provided he's still up after my attack of course)
    Accuracy: (1d20-1)[11]
    Damage: (1d12+15)[21]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thales: (1d20)[15]
    Shovel: (2d10+21)[41]
    Outlet: (2d10+8)[22]
    As the night wears on, your three pokemon do their best to stay alert. They have fallen into a system where they each cover a third of the area outside the tent.

    Thales is the only one to notice when the air suddenly gets colder. He braces himself for something to happen.

    Shovel thinks he sees something in the darkness, and readies himself as well.

    Outlet, though looking around, doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    Suddenly, three ghost pokemon appear! One each for Thales, Shovel, and Outlet.

    Thales is able to react immediately, cutting into his ghost with his shell before the ghost can attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    AC (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d10+21)[41]
    Critica: (2d10+8)[22]


    Shovel is ready enough to dodge out of the way of the ghost's opening volley.

    Outlet is caught off-guard and is unable to evade his ghost's attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish!
    AC 2(1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d10+11)[15]
    Critical: (1d10+4)[11]


    A fourth ghost appears off the side as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!It will take you and your Scyther a turn to stir and wake up before you can actually act. During this first turn, you can "control" your pokemon. (They'll be acting on their own, but you can choose what they do.)
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    At the last possible second, Mordecai swayed backwards, evading the punch and dashing to one side.

    "Granted, you already had assaulting an officer on your list." However, he gritted his teeth together That was an expertly thrown punch. This guy knew what he was doing, and thus was far too dangerous to be kept conscious. Pa'ao had gone down, but there really was nothing else for it.

    "Kamoho! Bite - "

    The totodile reared back to give the aron a good chomp.

    "- him!"

    That caused the totodile to pause for a moment, as Mordecai lashed out - styler slashing into the man. "We need him down! Unconscious, of course!"

    And rearing back, the totodile lunged at him - but did check himself. This was... well, different.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses trainer attack vs enemy jerk!
    Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

    Kamoho uses scratch against enemy jerk! (Provided he's still up after my attack of course)
    Accuracy: [roll2]
    Damage: [roll3]

    The man dodges your styler with a triumphant, "Hah!" but his celebration is cut short by Kamoho's chomp. His face momentarily freezes in an expression of laughter as he falls down, unconscious.

    The two Kingler look satisfied with the man's comeuppance and scuttle on away.

    The man's two remaining pokemon, seeing what happened to their trainer, immediately run away. They probably didn't enjoy working with a criminal. They may have even been stolen from their rightful owners! You'll never know though, because they're quickly out of sight.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    As the night wears on, your three pokemon do their best to stay alert. They have fallen into a system where they each cover a third of the area outside the tent.

    Thales is the only one to notice when the air suddenly gets colder. He braces himself for something to happen.

    Shovel thinks he sees something in the darkness, and readies himself as well.

    Outlet, though looking around, doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    Suddenly, three ghost pokemon appear! One each for Thales, Shovel, and Outlet.

    Thales is able to react immediately, cutting into his ghost with his shell before the ghost can attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    AC [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Critica: [roll2]


    Shovel is ready enough to dodge out of the way of the ghost's opening volley.

    Outlet is caught off-guard and is unable to evade his ghost's attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish!
    AC 2[roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Critical: [roll5]


    A fourth ghost appears off the side as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!It will take you and your Scyther a turn to stir and wake up before you can actually act. During this first turn, you can "control" your pokemon. (They'll be acting on their own, but you can choose what they do.)
    Pitch wakes up to a chilling feeling crawling down his back, then hears the fighting outside as Thales yells.

    "Carn, wake up. Something's up," he says, letting his knife slide into his hand.

    __________________________________________________ ________

    Thales looks at his opponent as it goes down, unconscious, or redeaded, or whatever ghosts did. He rushes the newest ghost, aiming to take it down....

    And goes right through it. It was a good Tackle! Why did it miss! Thales is bewildered for a second before he is forced to react to the Ghost's likely attack.

    Shovel is met with a similar result. He tries to unleash a barrage of strikes with his claws but each just leaves lines in the fine mist, doing nothing. What was wrong with these things?

    Outlet watches his two companions attack. They never missed! Why were they doing nothing? If these Pokemon were too strong for Thales and Shovel, they were too strong for him. Plus, Ghosts were scary. And that attack had hurt! He runs towards the tent, aiming to get to Pitch and wake him.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch wakes up to a chilling feeling crawling down his back, then hears the fighting outside as Thales yells.

    "Carn, wake up. Something's up," he says, letting his knife slide into his hand.

    __________________________________________________ ________

    Thales looks at his opponent as it goes down, unconscious, or redeaded, or whatever ghosts did. He rushes the newest ghost, aiming to take it down....

    And goes right through it. It was a good Tackle! Why did it miss! Thales is bewildered for a second before he is forced to react to the Ghost's likely attack.

    Shovel is met with a similar result. He tries to unleash a barrage of strikes with his claws but each just leaves lines in the fine mist, doing nothing. What was wrong with these things?

    Outlet watches his two companions attack. They never missed! Why were they doing nothing? If these Pokemon were too strong for Thales and Shovel, they were too strong for him. Plus, Ghosts were scary. And that attack had hurt! He runs towards the tent, aiming to get to Pitch and wake him.
    Carn gets up, ready to follow you outside.

    The two ghosts that your Pokemon whiff on attacks through chuckle a bit. Then they both react with the same attack that the other one had used to hit Outlet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[8] & (1d20)[12] (Thales, Shovel)
    Damage: (1d10+7)[10] & (1d10+7)[15]


    The other one chases after Outlet and leers at him menacingly, cackling.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! On Outlet.
    AC 2 (1d20)[10]


    You and your Scyther make it out to see the fray. It's time to jump in!
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You wake up the next morning to your mother's goodbye. "I'm heading to the Cafe, Honey! Have a good day!"

    There is nothing out of place to find in your closet.
    Leo gets up with a yawn. Well time to get to work, but first, breakfast. He goes to the kitchen, and starts to make omletts, and a spicy berry salad.

    When he and his pokemon had eaten, Leo heads out to the mart to pick more berries. Seven baskets please.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home Cooking (1d4+4)[5]

  8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn gets up, ready to follow you outside.

    The two ghosts that your Pokemon whiff on attacks through chuckle a bit. Then they both react with the same attack that the other one had used to hit Outlet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[8] & (1d12+20)[25] (Thales, Shovel)
    Damage: (2d10)[12] & (1d12+6)[10]


    The other one chases after Outlet and leers at him menacingly, cackling.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! On Outlet.
    AC 2 [roll4]


    You and your Scyther make it out to see the fray. It's time to jump in!
    Pitch sees the one chasing Outlet, cackling like the fool it is. Carn buzzes out of the tent. Thales and Shovel could take plenty more hits like that, but Outlet needed help.

    "Carn, take that one out!"

    The Scyther dashes forward, buzzing his wings forward for extra momentum right at the end.. His scythes glow black for a second, then cuts through the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit!
    AC: 2 (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (1d12+20)[25]
    Technician: (2d10)[12]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[10]


    Thales and Shovel give small cries as Pitch appears, glad for the backup.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The two pokemon greet your Magnemite and Stephanie's Swablu as well. Stephanie shrugs when you look at her. She seems dumbfounded.

    At the mention of the shop clerk, a look of guilt washes over the Gothorita's face. They both nod when you ask if they're alright, and then they start conversing. Eventually, the Gothorita points to you and Stephanie. The Riolu regards the two of you very closely, as if peering into your souls.

    Evidently, it is satisfied with what it sees, because it says something to the Gothorita and the two each take one of your hands.

    "Nice work, Celeste! Looks like we solved the mystery of the disappearing Gothorita. Let's head back to the shop and let the man know."

    Your traveling party makes it back to the Poke Mart without further incident. You can tell the two pokemon adore each other. Once inside, the owner jumps for joy at seeing his Gothorita again.

    "Ah you found her! Thank you so much!" He picks her up and spins her around. "Where was she?" he asks, putting her back down. The Riolu steps forward and takes the Gothorita's hand. "Oh! I think I'm beginning to see."

    Stephanie steps forward to explain. "Mister, it seems your Gothorita has been sneaking off to rendezvous with this Riolu here."

    "Oh my. Yes, indeed. I'd hate to break these two lovebirds apart...but I just don't have the resources to take care of two pokemon." He pulls out the Gothita's Poke Ball. "Perhaps...perhaps one of you would be willing to take them along with you?"

    Stephanie quickly denies the offer. "I've had more than my fair share of pokemon pairings from my training as a Breeder. You should take them, Celeste!"

    Everyone in the room looks at you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    How's that for being on the spot? Also, two free pokemon!
    And in other, also positive news, have a story reward level!
    Celeste looks at the others, plainly surprised at this turn of events, then to the two Pokemon looking at her anxiously. "U-umm, well, that is..." she stammers, completely at a loss for words, but finally, she nods, smiling brightly. "I'd be happy to take care of both of you. Is that OK with you two?" Randel seems pleased by her answer as well, buzzing and beeping as he hovers near the two lovers.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Good! Now - " Began Mordecai, but he noted that the kinglers were done. Good! Then he just -

    - and the pokemon were also running away. Huh. That was actually less directly necessary - he'd hoped to have brought them back so they could be returned to their rightful owners if they could be identified, but at the moment this guy had nearly taken his head off. Thus, he had to get him back to the station back in town.

    He bound him with his styler/rope after returning both of their unconscious pokemon. Guy'd stated that he was a puncher, so the only focus was making sure he couldn't be punched, kicked, or headbutted. Now, he then wasn't terribly strong, but he still could try his best. "Kamoho - keep an eye on him. Paka, keep an eye out for any other rangers in the area. Kaulu, help me carry him." He then radio'd ahead on his pokegear.

    "This is officer Aumakua. I am on the beach southwest of Port Tidings, and was just attacked by a criminal with hostile intent. He has been subdued, and I am en route back to the station - requesting pickup."

    He used whatever codes were necessary. His pokemon felt stronger with his relative confidence.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  11. - Top - End - #641
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Celeste looks at the others, plainly surprised at this turn of events, then to the two Pokemon looking at her anxiously. "U-umm, well, that is..." she stammers, completely at a loss for words, but finally, she nods, smiling brightly. "I'd be happy to take care of both of you. Is that OK with you two?" Randel seems pleased by her answer as well, buzzing and beeping as he hovers near the two lovers.
    The Riolu nods, having already inspected you and deemed you good. He walks up to you and gestures for the Gothita to do so as well. She follows in short order.

    "Well, alright then!" the shopkeeper says with a tear in his eye. He hands you the Gothita's Poke Ball. "Here you go. Her name's Cinna. Take good care of her, alright? I'll miss you, Cinna." He hugs the Gothita one more time before backing away.

    The Riolu starts tapping at one of your Poke Balls, hoping to get itself "captured."

    "Go on, Celeste," Stephanie says, nodding.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two for the price of one! (Somehow started writing Gothorita during the last post...it is a Gothita!)

    Gothita (Cinna)
    Level 7 Female
    Ability: Frisk
    Nature: Rash
    HP 5
    ATK 3
    DEF 5
    SATK 6 (+2)
    SDEF 8 (-2)
    SPEED 5
    (Shopkeeper had her in a Luxury Ball, which is yours now.)

    Riolu
    Level 8
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Poised
    HP 4
    ATK 7
    DEF 4
    SATK 4
    SDEF 4
    SPEED 6
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #642
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo gets up with a yawn. Well time to get to work, but first, breakfast. He goes to the kitchen, and starts to make omletts, and a spicy berry salad.

    When he and his pokemon had eaten, Leo heads out to the mart to pick more berries. Seven baskets please.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home Cooking [roll0]
    You successfully whip up a solid batch of food--enough for you and all of your pokemon plus one once again.

    The shopkeeper nods and hands you the baskets. "Have fun."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #643
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch sees the one chasing Outlet, cackling like the fool it is. Carn buzzes out of the tent. Thales and Shovel could take plenty more hits like that, but Outlet needed help.

    "Carn, take that one out!"

    The Scyther dashes forward, buzzing his wings forward for extra momentum right at the end.. His scythes glow black for a second, then cuts through the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit!
    AC: 2 (1d20)[11]
    Damage: (1d20)[16]
    Technician: [roll2]
    Crit: [roll3]


    Thales and Shovel give small cries as Pitch appears, glad for the backup.
    Carn's scythes utterly destroy the ghost he targets. With an otherworldly wail, the ghost dissipates into mist, lingering in this world no more.

    Hearing and seeing this new foe make short work of their brethren, the other two ghosts make a mad dash...straight for Carn.

    They both let loose terrifying wails and fire what looks to be a volley of ghostly energy, converging on Carn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shade! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[11] & (1d20)[16]
    Both do 14 if they hit.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn's scythes utterly destroy the ghost he targets. With an otherworldly wail, the ghost dissipates into mist, lingering in this world no more.

    Hearing and seeing this new foe make short work of their brethren, the other two ghosts make a mad dash...straight for Carn.

    They both let loose terrifying wails and fire what looks to be a volley of ghostly energy, converging on Carn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shade! x2
    AC 2 [roll0] & [roll1]
    Both do 14 if they hit.
    The blast hurt Carn, almost dropping him. He goes to attack, but is unable to create the dark shroud around his claw.

    "Carn, get ready to atta-"

    Before Pitch has even finished his command, the Scyther flies forth with blinding speed, but flies straight through the ghost, doing nothing once again.

    Pitch, unsure of why he can't hurt these things, pulls out his 'dex and scans them. There had to be some reason that these attacks weren't working, right?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  15. - Top - End - #645
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Good! Now - " Began Mordecai, but he noted that the kinglers were done. Good! Then he just -

    - and the pokemon were also running away. Huh. That was actually less directly necessary - he'd hoped to have brought them back so they could be returned to their rightful owners if they could be identified, but at the moment this guy had nearly taken his head off. Thus, he had to get him back to the station back in town.

    He bound him with his styler/rope after returning both of their unconscious pokemon. Guy'd stated that he was a puncher, so the only focus was making sure he couldn't be punched, kicked, or headbutted. Now, he then wasn't terribly strong, but he still could try his best. "Kamoho - keep an eye on him. Paka, keep an eye out for any other rangers in the area. Kaulu, help me carry him." He then radio'd ahead on his pokegear.

    "This is officer Aumakua. I am on the beach southwest of Port Tidings, and was just attacked by a criminal with hostile intent. He has been subdued, and I am en route back to the station - requesting pickup."

    He used whatever codes were necessary. His pokemon felt stronger with his relative confidence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to give your pokemon EXP!
    Each of your Pokemon receive 424 EXP from the battle!


    The dispatcher answers your call. "Backup is on the way, Officer Aumakua. Please hold your position, a squad of Rangers will be there to escort you back to the Station shortly."

    The man you have tied up is still wholly unconscious. He's drooling a little bit, in fact.

    A few minutes later, four Rangers show up and walk over to you. The one that seems to be in charge extends his hand to you and says "Hello, Officer Aumakua. I'm Officer McGee. So what happened here?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You successfully whip up a solid batch of food--enough for you and all of your pokemon plus one once again.

    The shopkeeper nods and hands you the baskets. "Have fun."
    Leo thanks the man, and then he and his pokemon head out towards the berry patch. When they reach it, Leo looks for the path he had followed the panpours on yesterday.

  17. - Top - End - #647
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The blast hurt Carn, almost dropping him. He goes to attack, but is unable to create the dark shroud around his claw.

    "Carn, get ready to atta-"

    Before Pitch has even finished his command, the Scyther flies forth with blinding speed, but flies straight through the ghost, doing nothing once again.

    Pitch, unsure of why he can't hurt these things, pulls out his 'dex and scans them. There had to be some reason that these attacks weren't working, right?
    Carn looks at his bladed arms and curses. "I have always hated ghosts."

    Emboldened by this killer's inability to hit them and seeing your Pokedex, the ghosts now shift their attention to you. They float to either side of you and try to scare you to death.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish!
    AC 2 (1d20)[17] & (1d20)[11]
    Damage: (1d10+10)[15] & (1d10+10)[19]


    Your Pokedex returns info on what these are called: Duskulls. But it will take a bit more time for it to return more helpful data!
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #648
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo thanks the man, and then he and his pokemon head out towards the berry patch. When they reach it, Leo looks for the path he had followed the panpours on yesterday.
    You look for the path, but since it has been almost half a day since you found the trail, it is impossible to find again. The leaves on the ground have shifted, branches have broken. Nighttime in this forest has changed the terrain, so you only make it as far as you went last night before the trail goes cold.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn looks at his bladed arms and curses. "I have always hated ghosts."

    Emboldened by this killer's inability to hit them and seeing your Pokedex, the ghosts now shift their attention to you. They float to either side of you and try to scare you to death.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astonish!
    AC 2 (1d20)[3] & (2d10+21)[29]
    Damage: (2d10+8)[19] & (1d20)[10]


    Your Pokedex returns info on what these are called: Duskulls. But it will take a bit more time for it to return more helpful data!
    Pitch winces at the blows. He takes a swipe with his knife, just to confirm his suspicions, then steps back, out of the way.

    Carn could easily take one down, but Thales has that move that never misses. If that's true, then he could take both down right now...

    "Thales! Aerial Ace!"

    The Oshawott darts forward, shell in his hand and leaps into the air, slashing and twisting with his shell as he goes, cutting through the ghosts and landing on the other side.

    "Good attack Thales!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace! Like a boss!
    4:
    Crit: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (2d10+21)[29]
    Crit Damage: (2d10+8)[19]
    3:
    Crit: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (2d10+21)[35]
    Crit Damage: (2d10+8)[21]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Riolu nods, having already inspected you and deemed you good. He walks up to you and gestures for the Gothita to do so as well. She follows in short order.

    "Well, alright then!" the shopkeeper says with a tear in his eye. He hands you the Gothita's Poke Ball. "Here you go. Her name's Cinna. Take good care of her, alright? I'll miss you, Cinna." He hugs the Gothita one more time before backing away.

    The Riolu starts tapping at one of your Poke Balls, hoping to get itself "captured."

    "Go on, Celeste," Stephanie says, nodding.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two for the price of one! (Somehow started writing Gothorita during the last post...it is a Gothita!)

    Gothita (Cinna)
    Level 7 Female
    Ability: Frisk
    Nature: Rash
    HP 5
    ATK 3
    DEF 5
    SATK 6 (+2)
    SDEF 8 (-2)
    SPEED 5
    (Shopkeeper had her in a Luxury Ball, which is yours now.)

    Riolu
    Level 8
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Poised
    HP 4
    ATK 7
    DEF 4
    SATK 4
    SDEF 4
    SPEED 6
    Pulling out a Pokeball, Celeste offers it to Riolu, which taps the button lightly. The ball shakes once in her hand before dinging, signifying a capture, and she releases Riolu again immediately. "Thank you, both of you. I'll try my hardest not to let either of you down. I think Tristam is a good name, don't you?" Riolu barked once, clearly pleased. She looked up at the shopkeeper, who was brushing away the tear. "Thank you for trusting me with your friend, Cinna. I'll take good care of both of them," she said solemnly.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  21. - Top - End - #651
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch winces at the blows. He takes a swipe with his knife, just to confirm his suspicions, then steps back, out of the way.

    Carn could easily take one down, but Thales has that move that never misses. If that's true, then he could take both down right now...

    "Thales! Aerial Ace!"

    The Oshawott darts forward, shell in his hand and leaps into the air, slashing and twisting with his shell as he goes, cutting through the ghosts and landing on the other side.

    "Good attack Thales!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace! Like a boss!
    4:
    Crit: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit Damage: [roll2]
    3:
    Crit: [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit Damage: [roll5]
    The ghosts had been so fearful of any move Carn might make that they don't even see your Oshawott approaching. They only have time to react to the pain, which is more than enough to put them down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of your pokemon receive 420*1.2=504 EXP from the battle!


    With the last of the ghosts gone, the pallid chill in the air leaves as well. It's still about another hour until the sun rises, but it feels much warmer regardless.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You look for the path, but since it has been almost half a day since you found the trail, it is impossible to find again. The leaves on the ground have shifted, branches have broken. Nighttime in this forest has changed the terrain, so you only make it as far as you went last night before the trail goes cold.
    Well, it looks like we won't find them again. Come on, lets go make some money. Leo and his pokemon take as many trips as they can, while grazing on the berries while they're there.

    Beula and Nightlock seemed to have bonded last night, and the two stayed close to each other the entire day, often brushing each other "accidnetally."

  23. - Top - End - #653
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Pulling out a Pokeball, Celeste offers it to Riolu, which taps the button lightly. The ball shakes once in her hand before dinging, signifying a capture, and she releases Riolu again immediately. "Thank you, both of you. I'll try my hardest not to let either of you down. I think Tristam is a good name, don't you?" Riolu barked once, clearly pleased. She looked up at the shopkeeper, who was brushing away the tear. "Thank you for trusting me with your friend, Cinna. I'll take good care of both of them," she said solemnly.
    The shopkeeper nods and thanks you. "Oh, wait! I still haven't properly rewarded you two gals for finding Cinna and returning her safely. But I have a good idea," he said, returning behind the counter. He pulls out a box full of syringes and says, "One TM for each of you! Your choice! I believe you wanted...Light Screen, yes? And what about you, Miss?" he says, looking at Stephanie.

    She thinks for a moment, then says, "Can I get Aerial Ace? I've heard that move is really good!"

    "Of course. Here you ladies go. On the house!"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #654
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Well, it looks like we won't find them again. Come on, lets go make some money. Leo and his pokemon take as many trips as they can, while grazing on the berries while they're there.

    Beula and Nightlock seemed to have bonded last night, and the two stayed close to each other the entire day, often brushing each other "accidnetally."
    You are able to make three trips in relative peace. You see some other trainers coming and going with pokemon at their sides. There's a Klink, a Crustle, a Swablu, and a Bronzor for you to scan while you work.

    As you head back out toward the berry bushes a fourth time, though, a massive blast of wind almost knocks you to your feet as you step out of the town. When you look up, a huge blue creature with red wings lands quite close in front of you. It's a Salamence.

    A tall, regal looking trainer steps off of the beast and begins to occupy himself with his Pokegear.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-24 at 01:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You are able to make three trips in relative peace. You see some other trainers coming and going with pokemon at their sides. There's a Klink, a Crustle, a Swablu, and a Bronzor for you to scan while you work.

    As you head back out toward the berry bushes a fourth time, though, a massive blast of wind almost knocks you to your feet as you step out of the town. When you look up, a huge blue creature with red wings lands quite close in front of you.

    A tall, regal looking trainer steps off of the beast and begins to occupy himself with his Pokegear.
    Leo gapes in awe at the pokemon, Salamence? Those things are really rare, and powerful. I never thought I'd get to see one. He quickly scans it, hoping to get information on the pokemon, the books he read didn't have much information on them. Then, he and his pokemon tried to look small, It was best not to annoy people that can kill you with little more than a glance.

  26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper nods and thanks you. "Oh, wait! I still haven't properly rewarded you two gals for finding Cinna and returning her safely. But I have a good idea," he said, returning behind the counter. He pulls out a box full of syringes and says, "One TM for each of you! Your choice! I believe you wanted...Light Screen, yes? And what about you, Miss?" he says, looking at Stephanie.

    She thinks for a moment, then says, "Can I get Aerial Ace? I've heard that move is really good!"

    "Of course. Here you ladies go. On the house!"
    "Thank you," she said as she accepted the TM. "Cinna," she said to her new partner, "Would you like some more time to say goodbye?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The ghosts had been so fearful of any move Carn might make that they don't even see your Oshawott approaching. They only have time to react to the pain, which is more than enough to put them down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of your pokemon receive 420*1.2=504 EXP from the battle!


    With the last of the ghosts gone, the pallid chill in the air leaves as well. It's still about another hour until the sun rises, but it feels much warmer regardless.
    Pitch looks at the clumps of ectoplasm on the ground. Pity, he would've liked to have caught one of the Duskull, but that would have to wait.

    He goes over to Outlet, his knife still in hand.

    "Outlet, you ran from them. Because you ran Carn was almost hurt. You could have shocked them quite easily. Why didn't you?" Pitch says, glaring at the little Shinx. "Don't let this happen again, or there will be consequences. You're strong enough that you shouldn't run, understand? The only time you run is when I tell you to."

    As the sun rises Pitch packs up his camp and heads over to the river. When he arrives, he fills up the buckets, then decides he should probably bathe. He leaves his clothes at the side of the river, and tries to wash himself off a bit. He cleans his knife as well; he hadn't cleaned it after the Dunsparce, and it was still sticky with their blood. He couldn't forget to do that; it was bad for the blade.

    Thales plays in the river while Pitch does his business, Shovel tries to find some worms, and Outlet sniffs around the bodies of the Dunsparce, trying to see if anything was there as well as avoiding Pitch for the time being. Carn does whatever Carn feels like.

    After Pitch is happy with his cleanliness, he gets dressed then heads back to the Pokemart, buckets in hand. He lets Carn buzz about until they almost reach town but Outlet is forced to remain in his Pokeball. He had to be punished a little for failing in the battle. After dropping off the water, Pitch heads to the Pokemon Center to get his team healed up as well as the TM applied to Shovel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Time check?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  28. - Top - End - #658
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo gapes in awe at the pokemon, Salamence? Those things are really rare, and powerful. I never thought I'd get to see one. He quickly scans it, hoping to get information on the pokemon, the books he read didn't have much information on them. Then, he and his pokemon tried to look small, It was best not to annoy people that can kill you with little more than a glance.
    Noticing that you've scanned the Salamence, the trainer returns his pokemon and walks into town. When he reaches you, he nods to you with a surprisingly lustrous smile. "Hello."

    He's back to staring at his Pokegear after he's passed you.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai shook the hand thankfully. "Thank you, sir. This guy - " He began, before pausing and clearing his throat. Right.

    "At 1040 hours, I was traveling along the beach capturing pokemon. Upon my attempt to capture a Starmie, I was attacked by this man from behind. He stated, 'Do you want that Starmie? Too bad for you. I will just take the rest of your pokemon now, if you don't mind'. He then proceeded to attack me - weaponless, but he seems to have the training of a fighter. He also utilizing his pokemon. My pokemon and I managed to knock both he and his shroomish unconscious, while his aron and nidoran fled as soon as he went down."

    An inhale, and an exhale. "He focused his own attacks at me. He was struck by a pair of kingler he had angered, evaded my styler, and was struck by Kamo... by my totodile, which sent him unconscious. He was then restrained, upon which I radio'd for support."

    "Dile!"

    Which probably didn't actually mean anything, but was Kamoho's addition to the almost book-standard report. Still, Mordecai nodded to the officer - other rangers being there reminded him how much his head hurt from that vicious initial sweep. He'd come pretty close to going down himself - had those other punches hit, or those kingler not been around... and several of his pokemon had been hurt, especially Pa'ao.

    Phew. And he was back to being a ranger, it seemed.

    Spoiler
    Show

    And uh... if that's not at all the time, he says whatever the actual time is, he. :P
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo nods nervously to the man, hoping that he wasn't very noticeable. That was weird, I wonder who he was. Then he threw a pepper in the air, and Piri Piri jumped and ate it whole. No time to waste, I want to leave for Xylo tommorow!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-24 at 01:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •