Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Thank you," she said as she accepted the TM. "Cinna," she said to her new partner, "Would you like some more time to say goodbye?"
    The Gothita looks at the shopkeeper, then back you, and she nods. She walks over to him and hugs his leg tightly. At this, the man breaks down.

    When he manages to compose himself, he says, "I think she wants to stay with me for one more night. It is getting rather late, actually. You girls should probably get to bed, huh? We'll be here in the morning, I promise." The man picks up Cinna and spins her around some more.

    "Come on, Celeste. Let's give them some time alone."

    When you've stepped outside, Stephanie speaks again, this time with a hint of nervousness. "Say, would you like to stay at my place tonight? There's way more space than we could ever use and it'd be easier for us to get organized tomorrow that way."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Glitchbusters, Robots in Disguise!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch looks at the clumps of ectoplasm on the ground. Pity, he would've liked to have caught one of the Duskull, but that would have to wait.

    He goes over to Outlet, his knife still in hand.

    "Outlet, you ran from them. Because you ran Carn was almost hurt. You could have shocked them quite easily. Why didn't you?" Pitch says, glaring at the little Shinx. "Don't let this happen again, or there will be consequences. You're strong enough that you shouldn't run, understand? The only time you run is when I tell you to."

    As the sun rises Pitch packs up his camp and heads over to the river. When he arrives, he fills up the buckets, then decides he should probably bathe. He leaves his clothes at the side of the river, and tries to wash himself off a bit. He cleans his knife as well; he hadn't cleaned it after the Dunsparce, and it was still sticky with their blood. He couldn't forget to do that; it was bad for the blade.

    Thales plays in the river while Pitch does his business, Shovel tries to find some worms, and Outlet sniffs around the bodies of the Dunsparce, trying to see if anything was there as well as avoiding Pitch for the time being. Carn does whatever Carn feels like.

    After Pitch is happy with his cleanliness, he gets dressed then heads back to the Pokemart, buckets in hand. He lets Carn buzz about until they almost reach town but Outlet is forced to remain in his Pokeball. He had to be punished a little for failing in the battle. After dropping off the water, Pitch heads to the Pokemon Center to get his team healed up as well as the TM applied to Shovel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Time check?
    Outlet finds the bodies of the Dunsparce mostly picked clean by scavengers. Also, while you're bathing Carn heads over to Outlet and speaks with him. It's out of sight and way out of hearing range for you, though.

    When you reach the Pokemon Center, it's about 9 in the morning according to your Pokegear. The nurse takes Shovel and the TM into the back. "We'll be sure to apply this safely. He should be ready to go in about half an hour, Sir. I will bring him out when he's all set."

    One of the other trainers in the Center approaches you while you wait. "Hey, excuse me. You're a trainer too, right? Would you like to battle?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai shook the hand thankfully. "Thank you, sir. This guy - " He began, before pausing and clearing his throat. Right.

    "At 1040 hours, I was traveling along the beach capturing pokemon. Upon my attempt to capture a Starmie, I was attacked by this man from behind. He stated, 'Do you want that Starmie? Too bad for you. I will just take the rest of your pokemon now, if you don't mind'. He then proceeded to attack me - weaponless, but he seems to have the training of a fighter. He also utilizing his pokemon. My pokemon and I managed to knock both he and his shroomish unconscious, while his aron and nidoran fled as soon as he went down."

    An inhale, and an exhale. "He focused his own attacks at me. He was struck by a pair of kingler he had angered, evaded my styler, and was struck by Kamo... by my totodile, which sent him unconscious. He was then restrained, upon which I radio'd for support."

    "Dile!"

    Which probably didn't actually mean anything, but was Kamoho's addition to the almost book-standard report. Still, Mordecai nodded to the officer - other rangers being there reminded him how much his head hurt from that vicious initial sweep. He'd come pretty close to going down himself - had those other punches hit, or those kingler not been around... and several of his pokemon had been hurt, especially Pa'ao.

    Phew. And he was back to being a ranger, it seemed.

    Spoiler
    Show

    And uh... if that's not at all the time, he says whatever the actual time is, he. :P
    McGee nods and jots things down on a notepad while you present your account of the events. "Sounds like a by-the-book Ostra attack. Good work taking this thug down, Officer Aumakua. Would you like to accompany us as we escort the criminal back to the Station? We can patch your injuries up and you and your team are more than welcome to grab lunch at our cafeteria." He signals for the other men to grab the Ostra thug, which they do.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Gothita looks at the shopkeeper, then back you, and she nods. She walks over to him and hugs his leg tightly. At this, the man breaks down.

    When he manages to compose himself, he says, "I think she wants to stay with me for one more night. It is getting rather late, actually. You girls should probably get to bed, huh? We'll be here in the morning, I promise." The man picks up Cinna and spins her around some more.

    "Come on, Celeste. Let's give them some time alone."

    When you've stepped outside, Stephanie speaks again, this time with a hint of nervousness. "Say, would you like to stay at my place tonight? There's way more space than we could ever use and it'd be easier for us to get organized tomorrow that way."
    Celeste follows Stephanie out, Tristam and Randel following as well, mulling over what has just happened. To be honest, she feels a little sorry for Cinna, forced to choose here between her old owner and Tristam. Still, she decides, she'll have to work twice as hard to help Cinna, and to be a better trainer. Not even a trainer this morning, she'd already gained four Pokemon, and she steeled herself mentally, ready to help all four of them.

    With Stephanie's question, she pauses. She had thought at first that she would need to go home, but she didn't know what time her father would be returning from Orum tomorrow morning. Though he had seemed to accept her wish to travel as a trainer, she didn't want to see him, and it seemed like he had felt the same way; why else would he have gone all the way to Orum today? Stephanie's offer had struck upon it, but even so..."Oh, um...but I...I don't want to be a burden, and-oof." She was cut off as Randel ran into her. Floating up between her and Stephanie, he looked first at her, then at Steph, then back at her, pointedly. Clearly, the young Magnemite had decided to take her to task for her persistent behavior. Tristam watched the interplay with interest, seemingly amused despite himself, though trying very hard not to show it openly. "Y-yes, I would be pleased to," she said, amending her reply a bit more clearly. "Thank you for your kindness."
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-24 at 02:06 PM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Outlet finds the bodies of the Dunsparce mostly picked clean by scavengers. Also, while you're bathing Carn heads over to Outlet and speaks with him. It's out of sight and way out of hearing range for you, though.

    When you reach the Pokemon Center, it's about 9 in the morning according to your Pokegear. The nurse takes Shovel and the TM into the back. "We'll be sure to apply this safely. He should be ready to go in about half an hour, Sir. I will bring him out when he's all set."

    One of the other trainers in the Center approaches you while you wait. "Hey, excuse me. You're a trainer too, right? Would you like to battle?"
    "Sure. I'm getting a TM on one, so I've got some time to kill. 3 on 3 good for you?" Pitch says, glad to have a chance of a battle. Maybe if he was lucky this one would end like the one with Leia.

    "How much you want to wager?" Pitch asks with a grin.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-24 at 02:40 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Team Ostra. "It did seem like it was Team Ostra. Thank you very much, Officer McGee, I'd appreciate that."

    He rubbed the back of his head. "Guy hits like a truck." He added, as they grabbed the thug.

    "Dile! Toto! Dile dile!"

    Smiling, Mordecai returend his totodile to his shoulder as he reholstered his styler. "Sounds like you're ready for lunch, huh?"

    "Dile!"

    "Thank you again." He repeated to Officer McGee.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Oh! Here, I'll rush him back for some treatment," the nurse says, taking your Abra and running into the back.

    An orderly comes out and lets you know, "It'll be alright. Your Abra will make a full recovery." He also takes your other pokemon to get healed, and he returns them to you shortly.

    Eventually the nurse returns with Orobas in her arms. He is asleep when she hands him to you. "He's healthy again. Don't worry, I've seen plenty worse injuries than the ones your Abra suffered today. He's just napping it off now."

    "Be careful out there!
    " she says as she heads back to the counter.
    Nikolas breathes a sigh of relief when he hears the good news, and clips the ball to his waist handily. He knew in the back of his mind that the damage wasn't as bad as he had initially made it out to be, but the nurse's assurance made him feel better anyway. He faces the nurse and smiles a bit before blushing and roughly turning away. "Thank you..."

    If his Pokemon were fully healed that meant it was time to head to Xylo City. Even after having spent half of his life in Orum, Nikolas was still a city kid at heart. He loved the smooth feel of the concrete, adored the sleek and efficient skyscrapers and all that they represented. Xylo did however, mean meeting his mother again. And of course, he couldn't visit Xylo without a trip to Serenity Corp.

    Nikolas departs from the lobby and mentally makes a list of his planned activities, pulling out his Pokegear as he thinks to look up information. Hopefully there were travel tips somewhere that he could access.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas breathes a sigh of relief when he hears the good news, and clips the ball to his waist handily. He knew in the back of his mind that the damage wasn't as bad as he had initially made it out to be, but the nurse's assurance made him feel better anyway. He faces the nurse and smiles a bit before blushing and roughly turning away. "Thank you..."

    If his Pokemon were fully healed that meant it was time to head to Xylo City. Even after having spent half of his life in Orum, Nikolas was still a city kid at heart. He loved the smooth feel of the concrete, adored the sleek and efficient skyscrapers and all that they represented. Xylo did however, mean meeting his mother again. And of course, he couldn't visit Xylo without a trip to Serenity Corp.

    Nikolas departs from the lobby and mentally makes a list of his planned activities, pulling out his Pokegear as he thinks to look up information. Hopefully there were travel tips somewhere that he could access.
    The nurse smiles back at you before you leave.

    You make some searches on your Pokegear about the trek from Orum to Xylo. After what feels like a month your Pokegear loads some relevant articles. There are the common knowledge tidbits about how you'll first go to a three-way fork in the road between Orum, Xylo, and Port Tidings and how a wide variety of wild pokemon roam the roads.

    Eventually you come across a little gem that might just serve you well. Apparently a group of Rangers recently cleared a path through a particularly dangerous part of the route leading to Xylo. The article gives you directions and cautions you that wilds will eventually "retake" the area.

    There is also an advisement about a swarm of "Trapinch" near the three-way fork in the road. One comment mentions a sighting of a shiny one.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-03 at 01:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo nods nervously to the man, hoping that he wasn't very noticeable. That was weird, I wonder who he was. Then he threw a pepper in the air, and Piri Piri jumped and ate it whole. No time to waste, I want to leave for Xylo tommorow!
    Before long, the man is out of sight. From what you could tell, he was walking in the general direction of the Safari and Danger Zones.

    The air is still, and you are able to make it back to the berry bushes without further incident. This particular trip takes over a month just as long as the previous ones did.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Sure. I'm getting a TM on one, so I've got some time to kill. 3 on 3 good for you?" Pitch says, glad to have a chance of a battle. Maybe if he was lucky this one would end like the one with Leia.

    "How much you want to wager?" Pitch asks with a grin.
    A playful grin appears on the girl's face, mirroring yours. "How much you got?"

    The nurse, apparently having heard this exchange, chimes in, "Hey kids, if you're going to battle, take it outside. Oh and we're having some difficulty applying this TM to your Drilbur. It's going to take over a month just a bit longer than anticipated. Hopefully it'll be all set after you two are finished making us more patients...
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #672
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Team Ostra. "It did seem like it was Team Ostra. Thank you very much, Officer McGee, I'd appreciate that."

    He rubbed the back of his head. "Guy hits like a truck." He added, as they grabbed the thug.

    "Dile! Toto! Dile dile!"

    Smiling, Mordecai returend his totodile to his shoulder as he reholstered his styler. "Sounds like you're ready for lunch, huh?"

    "Dile!"

    "Thank you again." He repeated to Officer McGee.
    Officer McGee nods and smiles. "No problem at all."

    After a month You all make it safely back to the Ranger Station. Inside, you're even able to scan a couple of pokemon. Some muscular four-armed humanoids guard a door to the right and a purple glob pokemon is to your left next to its trainer. "Our cafeteria is right through there," McGee says, pointing to the door to your left. "The infirmary is on the other side of the cafeteria. Feel free to eat or get patched up first. Stay here as long as you need to. I'll bring jumpy here back to see the boss." McGee nods to you and escorts the Ostra thug through the guarded door.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-03 at 02:13 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quirking an eyebrow at the mention of "wilds," Nikolas flips opens the Pokegear and begins to search for a clearer definition of the word. It definitely had something to do with Pokemon, and knowing the untrodden trails it likely belied some sort of danger. Gulping nervous at that last bit, he narrows down the search to one particular use of the word:

    "Wilds" - Pokemon that typically inhabit the unpopulated regions in between cities and other centers of civilization.
    The Pokegear immediately beeps aloud with a chirpy mechanical voice. So sudden is the noise that Nikolas almost drops the device before composing himself in time. Satisfied with the answer, he instead turns his attention toward the term 'shiny'. Finding no clear definition of the terminology, he pauses to wonder at the word. "Can Pokemon actually be shiny? What could possibly induce a biological change such as 'shininess' anyway?" Before his curiosity can get the better of him, Orobas forcibly releases itself from its Pokeball and Nikolas scrambles to catch the Pokemon before it can collide with the floor. "I'm glad to see you're doing better, buddy," he says with a genuine smile.

    "Look, we're going to be leaving town soon, okay? I hope you haven't gotten too used to this place..." After a quick stop at the Pokemart they would be ready to go. They would need to make good time in case the aforementioned 'wilds" retook the path they were planning on.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #674
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    The Pokegear immediately beeps aloud with a chirpy mechanical voice. So sudden is the noise that Nikolas almost drops the device before composing himself in time. Satisfied with the answer, he instead turns his attention toward the term 'shiny'. Finding no clear definition of the terminology, he pauses to wonder at the word. "Can Pokemon actually be shiny? What could possibly induce a biological change such as 'shininess' anyway?" Before his curiosity can get the better of him, Orobas forcibly releases itself from its Pokeball and Nikolas scrambles to catch the Pokemon before it can collide with the floor. "I'm glad to see you're doing better, buddy," he says with a genuine smile.

    "Look, we're going to be leaving town soon, okay? I hope you haven't gotten too used to this place..." After a quick stop at the Pokemart they would be ready to go. They would need to make good time in case the aforementioned 'wilds" retook the path they were planning on.
    The shopkeeper barely notices you, even as you're buying your supplies. He mumbles some mixture of gratitude and farewell before going back to reading some sort of comic. A cursory glance reveals some ninja with a giant speech bubble reading, "BELIEVE IT!"

    Out on the open road, the air feels different. It isn't quite ominous per se, but there is definitely a weight to it. Various pokemon cries cascade back and forth around you. You can't tell if they're communicating or just yelling randomly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll 1d100! This will determine the difficulty of your next monster mash pokemon battle. Lower is easier, higher is harder. You may either subtract your wisdom stat or add your con stat to the roll. Good luck! (Responding to your roll of 96)


    As you walk farther away from the outskirts of town, the cries have a distinct pattern to them. It's almost as if...they're tracking you. Then in the blink of an eye a pack of ratlike pokemon surrounds you! Most of them (you count 7!) are small and purplish. Four of those are flanking a larger one, the clear leader of the pack, which is brown with more whiskers. The leader hisses at you menacingly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map! (OOC: R's are Rattatas, C is the Raticate)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-03 at 02:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Shaking in fear of the assembled verminous Pokemon, Nikolas almost drops to his feet before Orobas squirms out of his arms and begins yipping fiercely at what seemed to be the leader of the rat pack. Sensing the urgency in the small psychic-types voice, Nikolas manages to beat back his frayed nerves and thinks about the situation rationally. These rat Pokemon clearly harbored what seemed to be a pack mentality. The way they clustered around the biggest and presumably the strongest Pokemon in their group was particularly telling. Going for the Leader would likely hurt the morale of the smaller Pokemon, which was important for a swarm like this. Taking a deep breath to even out his breathing, Nikolas orders an attack in what he hoped was a confident voice, "Orobas, go for the leader! Shatter their center of authority."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on G2 to hit C, R1, R2, R3, and R4
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[26]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-03 at 02:53 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    A playful grin appears on the girl's face, mirroring yours. "How much you got?"

    The nurse, apparently having heard this exchange, chimes in, "Hey kids, if you're going to battle, take it outside. Oh and we're having some difficulty applying this TM to your Drilbur. It's going to take over a month just a bit longer than anticipated. Hopefully it'll be all set after you two are finished making us more patients...
    Pitch grins. "300 and a Pokeball fair to you?" Pitch says, regretting his lack of funds. While there was no chance he'd lose, he'd hate to have to get a few hundred to pay out at the last second.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  17. - Top - End - #677
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Shaking in fear of the assembled verminous Pokemon, Nikolas almost drops to his feet before Orobas squirms out of his arms and begins yipping fiercely at what seemed to be the leader of the rat pack. Sensing the urgency in the small psychic-types voice, Nikolas manages to beat back his frayed nerves and thinks about the situation rationally. These rat Pokemon clearly harbored what seemed to be a pack mentality. The way they clustered around the biggest and presumably the strongest Pokemon in their group was particularly telling. Going for the Leader would likely hurt the morale of the smaller Pokemon, which was important for a swarm like this. Taking a deep breath to even out his breathing, Nikolas orders an attack in what he hoped was a confident voice, "Orobas, go for the leader! Shatter their center of authority."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on G2 to hit C, R1, R2, R3, and R4
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (1d20)[2]
    Evidently these wilds are used to such a strategy, because in the instant before Orobas's attack lands, the smaller rats cover their leader, shielding the larger one from damage. However, they did not expect the attack to be as strong as it was. When the dust clears, all four of the smaller ones are knocked out...but the leader is even angrier now. It rares back and makes an intimidating face, trying to frighten Orobas into hesitation.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scary Face!
    AC 2 (1d20)[14] (Target's speed down 2 combat stages)


    While your eyes are fixed on the action in front of you, a yelp reaches your eyes from behind you. When you glance back, all you see is the unconscious body of the rat that used to be there. The other two rats seem to be oblivious to their fallen comrade, and both wag their tails at Orobas.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tail Whip! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[2] & (1d20)[15]
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #678
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins. "300 and a Pokeball fair to you?" Pitch says, regretting his lack of funds. While there was no chance he'd lose, he'd hate to have to get a few hundred to pay out at the last second.
    The girl shrugs. "I suppose." She seems somewhat disappointed by the relatively low stakes. "Alright, I know a pretty good spot for a battle. It's just outside town." She leads you to an open field past the northeastern gate. "This work for you?" she asks as she pulls out a pokeball.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map! (Her abbreviation is Gi for Ginny)


    Before you actually get a chance to confirm or deny, she eagerly releases her first pokemon. It's a large, whale-looking pokemon with a big dumb grin on its face.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 11:15 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yes, this works fine," Pitch says, looking around and sending out Outlet. The Shinx needed to prove himself; no more running from ghosts. He looks to the other trainer with a straight face. The Shinx looks back to this trainer worriedly. He'd made his trainer angry; he wasn't going to disappoint him again. He was going to win this one.

    "Your move."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  20. - Top - End - #680
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Yes, this works fine," Pitch says, looking around and sending out Outlet. The Shinx needed to prove himself; no more running from ghosts. He looks to the other trainer with a straight face. The Shinx looks back to this trainer worriedly. He'd made his trainer angry; he wasn't going to disappoint him again. He was going to win this one.

    "Your move."
    "A Shinx!" Ginny yells, carefully looking at Outlet. "Hah! Don't be scared, Whomp. Your enemy doesn't have any electric attacks!"

    The Wailmer's stupid grin grows even wider as it bobs forward a bit and launches a stream of water toward Outlet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun!
    AC 2 (1d20)[9]
    (1d12+15)[21]
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch can't help but grin at that shout.

    "Outlet, please prepare. Charge up a nice attack for me and get in some cover for me."

    Outlet complies, electricity crackling over his body as he prepares for an attack as he falls back, hiding behind some grass, trying to make himself harder to hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 SPDEF.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  22. - Top - End - #682
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch can't help but grin at that shout.

    "Outlet, please prepare. Charge up a nice attack for me and get in some cover for me."

    Outlet complies, electricity crackling over his body as he prepares for an attack as he falls back, hiding behind some grass, trying to make himself harder to hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 SPDEF.
    Ginny cranes her neck and squints to see what Outlet is doing. She can't quite tell, since he's hidden behind trees and thick grass. "Running and hiding, huh? No matter. Spray some more water that way, Whomp."

    The Wailmer obliges, opening its mouth and shooting a jet of water toward the spot where Outlet has taken cover.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun!
    AC (4) (1d20)[1]
    (1d12+15)[20]
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 11:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch laughs as the water gun smacks into the nearby tree, missing Outlet entirely.

    "You know, you really shouldn't assume in a fight," Pitch says, waving to Outlet to attack. The Shinx dashes forward, the lighting coursing over its body feeding a powerful Thundershock, glowing blue as it arcs towards the Wailmer.

    "All it does is make an ass out of you and me. Well, really just you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 2 (1d20)[2]
    Charge: (1d12+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d12+15)[19]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[17]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  24. - Top - End - #684
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch laughs as the water gun smacks into the nearby tree, missing Outlet entirely.

    "You know, you really shouldn't assume in a fight," Pitch says, waving to Outlet to attack. The Shinx dashes forward, the lighting coursing over its body feeding a powerful Thundershock, glowing blue as it arcs towards the Wailmer.

    "All it does is make an ass out of you and me. Well, really just you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 2 [roll0]
    Charge: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]
    Crit: [roll3]
    "What are you blathering--" Ginny starts to say dismissively, then as Outlet launches his attack, she screams, "HOLY--" The rest of her exclamation is cut off a clap of thunder following the lightning's impact into the Wailmer.

    The Wailmer actually lifts slightly into the air as electricity courses through it and surges off into the air around it. "Oh, no no no no no no no! Whomp!" Eventually, after what probably felt like an eternity to Ginny, the Wailmer plops back down onto the ground. A few seconds later, its stomact inflates, indicating life. "Thank God. I'm so sorry, Whomp," Ginny says as she returns it. She turns to you.

    "Alright, no more assumptions. Go, Gash." She releases a white-and-red bipedal pokemon with sharp claws and a murderous look on its face. "No quarter, Gash."

    The pokemon nods and cracks its neck menacingly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swords Dance!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Now don't be like that, we're all friends here," Pitch says with a grin.

    "Outlet, slow him down for us. Shock him up."

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[12] Paralyzes on 17-20
    Damage: (1d12+15)[24]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[8]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  26. - Top - End - #686
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Now don't be like that, we're all friends here," Pitch says with a grin.

    "Outlet, slow him down for us. Shock him up."

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[8] Paralyzes on 17-20
    Damage: (3d8+34)[46]
    Crit: (3d8+10)[24]
    The enemy pokemon is already running at Outlet, claws raised, before the arc of lightning even hits it. The impact barely makes it twitch. The counterattack takes place in the blink of an eye.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Slash!
    AC 2, crit 18-20 (1d20)[8]
    Damage (3d8+34)[46]
    Crit (3d8+10)[24]
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Before long, the man is out of sight. From what you could tell, he was walking in the general direction of the Safari and Danger Zones.

    The air is still, and you are able to make it back to the berry bushes without further incident. This particular trip takes over a month just as long as the previous ones did.
    Le collects the berries, keeping an eye on his Piri Piri and Nightlock to make sure they didn't eat too much, and heads back to the store. Here you go. he says to the clerk, handing over the filled baskets, and taking empty ones for his next trip.

    Spoiler
    Show
    assuming no interference, which there probably will be, Leo will keep making trips until it is no longer safe to do so
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch grimaces as the claws connect with Outlet, dropping him before the Shinx can even cry out. Pitch grins slightly. The clawed Pokemon was tough; that was for sure. He scans it, intent on getting himself one someday. Still, the beast had nothing on Carn.

    "Carn, end it."

    As the Pokeball erupts, the Scyther flying forward before the energy is even done coalescing, inhumanely fast, claws poised to end this fight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Attack Intercept (if it needs to be used as such)
    AC: 2 (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d12+20)[27]
    Technician: (2d10)[9]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[18]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Playing in Aeon City as Cupid.
    Playing in Miracle Men as Second Shooter.
    Playing in The Stars Our Destination as Captain Ray Wilson.
    GM of Pokemon: The Beginning.



  29. - Top - End - #689
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Le collects the berries, keeping an eye on his Piri Piri and Nightlock to make sure they didn't eat too much, and heads back to the store. Here you go. he says to the clerk, handing over the filled baskets, and taking empty ones for his next trip.

    Spoiler
    Show
    assuming no interference, which there probably will be, Leo will keep making trips until it is no longer safe to do so
    The clerk silently accepts the berries and hands you more empty containers.

    When you reach the berry bushes again, the Panpours form yesterday are back, once again too busy eating to notice you. Now's your chance for revenge!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #690
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grimaces as the claws connect with Outlet, dropping him before the Shinx can even cry out. Pitch grins slightly. The clawed Pokemon was tough; that was for sure. He scans it, intent on getting himself one someday. Still, the beast had nothing on Carn.

    "Carn, end it."

    As the Pokeball erupts, the Scyther flying forward before the energy is even done coalescing, inhumanely fast, claws poised to end this fight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Attack Intercept (if it needs to be used as such)
    AC: 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+30)[40]
    Technician: (1d12+30)[36]
    Crit: [roll3]
    "Gash, oblige him.

    As Carn flies toward Gash, Gash races toward Carn. They meet with a clash of claw and blade, barely visible blurs from how fast they're moving. The impact sends a small shock wave out that passes through you and Ginny.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Attack! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[20] (Guess the second one didn't matter)
    Damage (1d12+30)[40] & (1d12+30)[36]
    Critroll as per OOC, 15.


    A few moments after the two stop moving, they both slump onto the ground. "Damn. Come back, Gash." Ginny returns Gash and sends out another pokemon. "Alright, it's up to you, Chael." She sends out a light blue humanoid pokemon that starts flexing its muscles.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 12:42 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •