New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The clerk silently accepts the berries and hands you more empty containers.

When you reach the berry bushes again, the Panpours form yesterday are back, once again too busy eating to notice you. Now's your chance for revenge!
    Leo freezes, eyeing the pokemon closely. Them again. They need to learn they can't attack anybody they feel like. He scruitinizes them, trying to identify their strength before launching an offensive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using close watch and frantic reshearch. (1d20+8)[17] on 15+ I get level, 20+ I also get health
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-06 at 01:13 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Francis freezes, eyeing the pokemon closely. Them again. They need to learn they can't attack anybody they feel like. He scruitinizes them, trying to identify their strength before launching an offensive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using close watch and frantic reshearch. [roll0] on 15+ I get level, 20+ I also get health
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Francis?)

Your careful examination reveals some useful info about the subjects. You can tell how strong they are.

Spoiler
    Show
    The two Panpours are both level 10.
    Map!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 01:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Carn goes down hard, leaving a trail in the ground.

Pitch runs over, checking the pulse of his Pokemon. Carn seemed to be breathing; he as alive at least. Much more than that though, Pitch couldn't really tell. He returns his Scyther, a murderous look on his face.

"Thales, you know what to do," he says, glaring at the blue Pokemon the other trainer had released. She'd hurt his team. Hurt them badly.

Thales is released just in time to see the downed Carn. Pitch was obviously angry, and this trainer was the reason. With a roar the Oshawott dashes forward, shell aimed for the strike as he leaps up, hurtling downward with an unavoidable downward slash, landing in front of the other trainer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace bitches!
    AC: (can't miss, just for crit) (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (2d10+21)[33]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[24]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Carn goes down hard, leaving a trail in the ground.

Pitch runs over, checking the pulse of his Pokemon. Carn seemed to be breathing; he as alive at least. Much more than that though, Pitch couldn't really tell. He returns his Scyther, a murderous look on his face.

"Thales, you know what to do," he says, glaring at the blue Pokemon the other trainer had released. She'd hurt his team. Hurt them badly.

Thales is released just in time to see the downed Carn. Pitch was obviously angry, and this trainer was the reason. With a roar the Oshawott dashes forward, shell aimed for the strike as he leaps up, hurtling downward with an unavoidable downward slash, landing in front of the other trainer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace bitches!
    AC: (can't miss, just for crit) [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]
    "Oh, come on!" Ginny yells as her pokemon is powerless to do anything about Thales' vicious attack. It immediately crumples, knocked out in out hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray, you win!
    Outlet receives (165*2*1.2 + 450*2*1.2/2) = 936 EXP!
    Carn receives (450*2*1.2/2) = 540 EXP!
    Thales receives (180*2*1.2= 432 EXP!

Ginny returns her pokemon as your pokedex returns info about Wailmer, Zangoose, and Machop. She looks at her three poke balls for a moment and eventually smiles. "Whew! That was a great battle. I hope we didn't cause any real damage to each others' pokemon."

She walks over to you and introduces herself. "My name is Ginny, by the way. Shall we go back to the Center?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 12:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

"Pitch," he says in return. "Definitely an entertaining battle. That-" Pitch says, looking at his Pokedex, "Zan-goose? you have is pretty damn tough. Where'd you get that thing?" he says, patting Thales on the head as the little Oshawott dashes over, wiping blood of its shell with a small stream of water.

Show

6. - Top - End - #696

"Pitch," he says in return. "Definitely an entertaining battle. That-" Pitch says, looking at his Pokedex, "Zan-goose? you have is pretty damn tough. Where'd you get that thing?" he says, patting Thales on the head as the little Oshawott dashes over, wiping blood of its shell with a small stream of water.
    "Well, nice to meet you, Pitch. Thanks, your Shinx is really impressive too. I grew up with Gash, actually. My dad's one of Trip's closest friends back in Gateway so he let me take Gash as my starter." She pulls out some money and a poke ball to hand to you. "Here you go, as promised."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 01:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, nice to meet you, Pitch. Thanks, your Shinx is really impressive too. I grew up with Gash, actually. My dad's one of Trip's closest friends back in Gateway." She pulls out some money and a poke ball to hand to you. "Here you go, as promised."
    "Thanks," Pitch says at the compliment. "He's a tough little guy. Works his ass off every battle. That Thundershock surprised you, didn't it?" Pitch says with a chuckle.

At the money and Pokeball, Pitch hesitates. He could have a lot more fun here.

"I'll make you a deal. How about we go to lunch and you buy," Pitch says, pushing the money and Pokeball away. She wasn't bad looking, and was a good battler. She'd be worth getting to know better.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-06 at 01:12 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #698

"Thanks," Pitch says at the compliment. "He's a tough little guy. Works his ass off every battle. That Thundershock surprised you, didn't it?" Pitch says with a chuckle.

At the money and Pokeball, Pitch hesitates. He could have a lot more fun here.

"I'll make you a deal. How about we go to lunch and you buy," Pitch says, pushing the money and Pokeball away. She wasn't bad looking, and was a good battler. She'd be worth getting to know better.
    Ginny lets out a chuckle at your response and smiles slightly while brushing her hair behind her ear. She shrugs and says, Sure, why not? What kind of food do you guys have around here? I'm guessing seafood."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Ginny lets out a chuckle at your response and smiles slightly while brushing her hair behind her ear. She shrugs and says, Sure, why not? What kind of food do you guys have around here? I'm guessing seafood."
    "Not really sure, just passing through myself. Seafood does sound pretty good though," he says. "How about we go the Center then see what our choices are."

Show

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

Your careful examination reveals some useful info about the subjects. You can tell how strong they are.

Spoiler
    Show
    The two Panpours are both level 10.
    Beula you're up, but don't go for anything vital. We don't want dead bodies on our hands.

The mareep nodded, and her fur started to crackle softly. An arc of electricity shot towards one of the panpours.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock (1d20-1)[3] If hit (1d12+15)[25] electric special. Paralyze on 17-20

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701

"Not really sure, just passing through myself. Seafood does sound pretty good though," he says. "How about we go the Center then see what our choices are."
    Ginny nods in agreement. "Hey look, a Golduck," she says, pointing off to the side. You are able to scan it.

Back inside the Center, the nurse looks up and recognizes you two. "How'd the battle go? I hope no one was badly injured!"

"Nothing too terrible. Could you heal us up, please?" Ginny asks, handing the nurse her pokemon.

The nurse takes your pokemon as well. "Of course. Oh, and sir, your Drilbur is all set. Here you go," she says, handing Shovel back to you. "I'll be back shortly."

"What'd you teach him?" Ginny asks while you wait.

12. - Top - End - #702

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Beula you're up, but don't go for anything vital. We don't want dead bodies on our hands.

The mareep nodded, and her fur started to crackle softly. An arc of electricity shot towards one of the panpours.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock (1d20)[3] If hit (1d12+20)[24] electric special. Paralyze on 17-20
    The Panpour barely has any time to react between the sound of Buela's attack and its impact. The target vibrates as the electricity surges through it, then falls over unconscious. The other one starts yelling wildly when it realizes what's happening! A Simipour appears, noticeably unhappy about the limp body of one of its children.

The Panpour quickly shuffles behind its mother, who shoots a jet of water at Buela.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun!
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d12+20)[24]

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch thanks the nurse as Shovel is returned, glad to have the Drilbur back.

"It was a tough fight. Ginny definitely knows what she's doing out there. Her Zangoose is one of the toughest Pokemon I've seen," he says. Sure, he was laying it on a bit thick, but she probably wouldn't care.

"Bulldoze. Want to head to another town soon and figure something that can hurt multiple Pokemon would be invaluable."

Show

14. - Top - End - #704

Pitch thanks the nurse as Shovel is returned, glad to have the Drilbur back.

"It was a tough fight. Ginny definitely knows what she's doing out there. Her Zangoose is one of the toughest Pokemon I've seen," he says. Sure, he was laying it on a bit thick, but she probably wouldn't care.

"Bulldoze. Want to head to another town soon and figure something that can hurt multiple Pokemon would be invaluable."
    Ginny rolls her eyes at the praise but doesn't seem to actually mind.

That's pretty smart. The wilds out there definitely aren't to be taken lightly. It's dangerous out there," she says grimly. There's a tone of loss in her voice.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Ginny rolls her eyes at the praise but doesn't seem to actually mind.

That's pretty smart. The wilds out there definitely aren't to be taken lightly. It's dangerous out there," she says grimly. There's a tone of loss in her voice.
    Pitch questions whether or not to ask, eventually deciding he was leaving anyways.

"You know from experience?" he asks, already knowing the answer, giving a quick wave to the nurse as he heads out to search for a place to eat.

Show

16. - Top - End - #706

Pitch questions whether or not to ask, eventually deciding he was leaving anyways.

"You know from experience?" he asks, already knowing the answer, giving a quick wave to the nurse as he heads out to search for a place to eat.
    She nods slowly, but all she says is a solemn, "Yeah."

The nurse hands your pokemon back to the two of you, and you're off to find a restaurant.

After a short jaunt through town, Ginny points to a place to the left. "Five Starmie Seafood Shack? How delightfully cheesy."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

She nods slowly, but all she says is a solemn, "Yeah."

The nurse hands your pokemon back to the two of you, and you're off to find a restaurant.

After a short jaunt through town, Ginny points to a place to the left. "Five Starmie Seafood Shack? How delightfully cheesy."
    "Sounds great," he says with a chuckle. If she follows, Pitch goes in and asks for a table.

"So what brings you to this little port town?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #708

"Sounds great," he says with a chuckle. If she follows, Pitch goes in and asks for a table.

"So what brings you to this little port town?"
    Ginny follows and the two of you sit down.

"Oh, you know. Broadening my horizons, learning new things, that sort of stuff. I was thinking about challenging Leia, but I can't imagine I have much of a chance. I'll have to get some electric or grass types first."

"How about you? You said you're just passing through here?"

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah. Wanted to get out of my old town, so I came down here. Figure I can head up to Orum in a day or two once I have enough supplies for the trip. Think my team is just about ready, just need to pick up a few last things before I head out. Food, the boring stuff," he says, knowing he has no plans to return to that place. May as well lay false trails, right?

"How'd you know Outlet was a Shinx right away? And that he shouldn't know Electric attacks? That was impressive."

Show

20. - Top - End - #710

"Yeah. Wanted to get out of my old town, so I came down here. Figure I can head up to Orum in a day or two once I have enough supplies for the trip. Think my team is just about ready, just need to pick up a few last things before I head out. Food, the boring stuff," he says, knowing he has no plans to return to that place. May as well lay false trails, right?

"How'd you know Outlet was a Shinx right away? And that he shouldn't know Electric attacks? That was impressive."
    Ginny nods as you explain. "That's a shame, that you're headed to Orum. I'm going up to Xylo next."

She blushes slightly at your question. "Thanks. I always had my head buried in books growing up, so I know a lot about various pokemon, like when they'll learn certain moves. I can also kind of tell how strong a pokemon is by looking at it. Guess I was wrong about your Shinx, though!" She thinks for a moment. "Say, how does your Shinx know Thundershock?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 02:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Ginny nods as you explain. "That's a shame, that you're headed to Orum. I'm going up to Xylo next."

She blushes slightly at your question. "Thanks. I always had my head buried in books growing up, so I know a lot about various pokemon, like when they'll learn certain moves. I can also kind of tell how strong a pokemon is by looking at it. Guess I was wrong about your Shinx, though!"
    "How strong they are just by looking?" Pitch says, actually impressed. "I just guess off how big the damn thing is. Does that work?" Pitch asks with a grin.

"How does he know it? We were in a tough fight against two Luxio. He seemed to know them and obviously didn't like them. Guy turned into a little bomb, electricity arcing all over the place. Since then he's been able to do that. Is that unusual?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #712

"How strong they are just by looking?" Pitch says, actually impressed. "I just guess off how big the damn thing is. Does that work?" Pitch asks with a grin.

"How does he know it? We were in a tough fight against two Luxio. He seemed to know them and obviously didn't like them. Guy turned into a little bomb, electricity arcing all over the place. Since then he's been able to do that. Is that unusual?"
    Ginny laughs. "To some extent, it does!"

She listens intently to your explanation. "Oh, wow. Yeah, that's...quite unusual. But impressive! I bet you're pretty proud of the little guy, huh?"

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, life would be a heck of a lot easier with four arms." Mordecai commented. He then turned to the bizzare blobby thing. "...and would be considerably harder with zero. Huh."

After pokedexing both, he noted that totodile was looking around - for once, not biting, just surprised by what he was seeing. "Thanks again." He repeated to Officer McGee, before heading towards the infirmary.

"Ranger Stations are usually pretty busy." He mentioned, to Kamoho. "A lot of these people are between missions or in the middle of longer-term projects, so you get a decent amount of people at very random hours."

"Dile!"

Well, while he was being impressed, he wasn't biting people. Summarily, Mordecai headed to the infirmary - eating would come shortly after when his pokemon were in better shape. Not for /too/ long, though - he wanted to start heading to Orum the next morning, after all... ideally.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Ginny laughs. "To some extent, it does!"

She listens intently to your explanation. "Oh, wow. Yeah, that's...quite unusual. But impressive! I bet you're pretty proud of the little guy, huh?"
    "Yeah, he's a good Pokemon. A little shy but he definitely proved himself that day. Just need to get him more focused on defending himself; little guy leaves himself wide open to attacks. He's working hard though. He's a part of our little family."

Show

25. - Top - End - #715

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Wow, life would be a heck of a lot easier with four arms." Mordecai commented. He then turned to the bizzare blobby thing. "...and would be considerably harder with zero. Huh."

After pokedexing both, he noted that totodile was looking around - for once, not biting, just surprised by what he was seeing. "Thanks again." He repeated to Officer McGee, before heading towards the infirmary.

"Ranger Stations are usually pretty busy." He mentioned, to Kamoho. "A lot of these people are between missions or in the middle of longer-term projects, so you get a decent amount of people at very random hours."

"Dile!"

Well, while he was being impressed, he wasn't biting people. Summarily, Mordecai headed to the infirmary - eating would come shortly after when his pokemon were in better shape. Not for /too/ long, though - he wanted to start heading to Orum the next morning, after all... ideally.
    Your pokedex returns info on Machamp and Muk. Fellow rangers nod to you as you pass by them on your way to the infirmary. Inside, a doctor motions you over to him. "Hi there, Ranger. Need some patching up?"

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Watching the rat pokemon work in unison, Nikolas breaks into a cold sweat. "Not again...!" he decides resolutely and puts his plan into action. He had almost lost Orobas today, it was not happening again. With a grim set to his features, Nikolas throws himself in front of Orobas and chucks a stone at the larger rat pokemon before grabbing Orobas to shield the small psychic-type from what might be lethal attacks from the rats.

To his credit, Orobas squirms in Nikolas' grasp but is unable to physically fight off the larger trainer and gives up.

Shift to G5 or G4
    Throw a rock at Raticate: (1d20)[20] AC of 6

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #717

"Yeah, he's a good Pokemon. A little shy but he definitely proved himself that day. Just need to get him more focused on defending himself; little guy leaves himself wide open to attacks. He's working hard though. He's a part of our little family."
    Ginny smiles widely. "That's great! I really like meeting trainers who care about their pokemon so much." She sits back and looks at you, nodding. "You're one of the good guys, Pitch."

Spoiler
    Show
    bahahahahaha

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Ginny smiles widely. "That's great! I really like meeting trainers who care about their pokemon so much." She sits back and looks at you, nodding. "You're one of the good guys, Pitch."

Spoiler
    Show
    bahahahahaha
    Pitch smiles at that. "Thanks. You're an awesome trainer yourself; usually Carn just sweeps whatever he's up against. You've obviously taken very good care of that Zangoose of yours."

"Say, you said you know a lot about how Pokemon act and such, right? Does that include a place where I could find them easy?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

The Panpour barely has any time to react between the sound of Buela's attack and its impact. The target vibrates as the electricity surges through it, then falls over unconscious. The other one starts yelling wildly when it realizes what's happening! A Simipour appears, noticeably unhappy about the limp body of one of its children.

The Panpour quickly shuffles behind its mother, who shoots a jet of water at Buela.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun!
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d12+15)[21]
    Beula don't back down! Take out the Simipour. The mareep launches another volley of electricity while Leo applies a potion to the pokemon. He then returns Piri Piri, hoping to keep the fire type away from a stray water gun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock the Simipour! (1d20)[19] Paralyze 17+, AC 2. (1d12+15)[21] On crit (1d12+6)[16]. Potion (2d12+10)[21]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Watching the rat pokemon work in unison, Nikolas breaks into a cold sweat. "Not again...!" he decides resolutely and puts his plan into action. He had almost lost Orobas today, it was not happening again. With a grim set to his features, Nikolas throws himself in front of Orobas and chucks a stone at the larger rat pokemon before grabbing Orobas to shield the small psychic-type from what might be lethal attacks from the rats.

To his credit, Orobas squirms in Nikolas' grasp but is unable to physically fight off the larger trainer and gives up.

Shift to G5 or G4
    Throw a rock at Raticate: (1d20)[12] AC of 6
    The rock hits the leader squarely in the face! It very much was not expecting that. It responds quickly, jumping at you and chomping down with its large teeth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite! (targeting Nikolas)
    AC 2 (1d20)[12]
    Damage (2d10+18)[29]

While you brace for impact, you hear two more yelps come from each side. The two remaining smaller rats are no more.