Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yes, please."

    Mordecai set down his pokeballs as well. He was putting on a strong face, but it actually hurt like blazes. He set Kamoho down off his shoulder and onto a chair. "We'll eat afterwards, Kamoho."

    The totodile didn't respond - still looking around.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch smiles at that. "Thanks. You're an awesome trainer yourself; usually Carn just sweeps whatever he's up against. You've obviously taken very good care of that Zangoose of yours."

    "Say, you said you know a lot about how Pokemon act and such, right? Does that include a place where I could find them easy?"
    Ginny smiles at the compliment. "Gash takes care of me as much as I take care of him, to be honest.

    She tilts her head to the side at the question and says, "Yeah, probably. What'd you have in mind?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Ginny smiles at the compliment. "Gash takes care of me as much as I take care of him, to be honest.

    She tilts her head to the side at the question and says, "Yeah, probably. What'd you have in mind?"
    "Do you know where I could find a Fire Type? Preferably one that can hit far from range; my team needs to get way to close to attack right now."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Beula don't back down! Take out the Simipour. The mareep launches another volley of electricity while Leo applies a potion to the pokemon. He then returns Piri Piri, hoping to keep the fire type away from a stray water gun.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock the Simipour! [roll0] Paralyze 17+, AC 2. [roll1] On crit [roll2]. Potion [roll3]
    The Simipour cringes as the thunder crashes into it, jittering around unwillingly as a result. With great difficulty, it says something to its child. The Panpour lets out an otherworldly wail before running off into the trees. The Simipour looks determined to not let you pass, but that determination does not allow it to move. It is held in place by the electricity coursing through its body.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yes, please."

    Mordecai set down his pokeballs as well. He was putting on a strong face, but it actually hurt like blazes. He set Kamoho down off his shoulder and onto a chair. "We'll eat afterwards, Kamoho."

    The totodile didn't respond - still looking around.
    "Oh my, you're fairly beaten up. Shirley!" he calls over to a nurse. "Help me patch this young man up." The two of them start to work on your injuries as an orderly comes to retrieve your poke balls for their healing. "Shall we take your Totodile as well, Sir?" the orderly asks.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Do you know where I could find a Fire Type? Preferably one that can hit far from range; my team needs to get way to close to attack right now."
    "Hmm. Well, I know of a small colony of Charmanders in a clearing near the entrance to Elrem Forest, but I suppose you're not going that way. There are some Growlithes and Ponyta wandering around between here and Orum. To be honest most Fire Types will be closer to Wrystone or Mirror Mountain than around here."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas gasps out in pain as the rodent's teeth sink down to break through his skin but manages to stifle the curse that threatens to escape his lips, grimacing in the satisfaction of having protected his Pokemon. His victory is short lived as he hears the remaining rats yelping in pain. Darting his eyes around, Nikolas tries to get a good look at whatever is attacking their mutual enemies.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Hmm. Well, I know of a small colony of Charmanders in a clearing near the entrance to Elrem Forest, but I suppose you're not going that way. There are some Growlithes and Ponyta wandering around between here and Orum. To be honest most Fire Types will be closer to Wrystone or Mirror Mountain than around here."
    Pitch nods, glad there would be some Charmander on his way.

    "Growlithe would be nice. They're those dog ones the cops have, right? I think Outlet would really like hanging out with one," he says. Pitch continues to make small talk with Ginny until she is tired of talking, happily eating the meal.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  9. - Top - End - #729
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas gasps out in pain as the rodent's teeth sink down to break through his skin but manages to stifle the curse that threatens to escape his lips, grimacing in the satisfaction of having protected his Pokemon. His victory is short lived as he hears the remaining rats yelping in pain. Darting his eyes around, Nikolas tries to get a good look at whatever is attacking their mutual enemies.
    You scan the battlefield, but all you see is the three unconscious rats. The air is surprisingly still, all things considered. You can feel the heavy breath of the large rat right next to you. It is decidedly unhappy to have seen its pack decimated.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #730
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods, glad there would be some Charmander on his way.

    "Growlithe would be nice. They're those dog ones the cops have, right? I think Outlet would really like hanging out with one," he says. Pitch continues to make small talk with Ginny until she is tired of talking, happily eating the meal.
    The two of you chat about various things that draw varying levels of dishonesty in your words until you're both done with your food. When the waiter drops the check, Ginny pays and the two of you are off.

    "Well, hopefully we'll run into each other again. Good luck on your way to Orum!"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Simipour cringes as the thunder crashes into it, jittering around unwillingly as a result. With great difficulty, it says something to its child. The Panpour lets out an otherworldly wail before running off into the trees. The Simipour looks determined to not let you pass, but that determination does not allow it to move. It is held in place by the electricity coursing through its body.
    Leo yanks a pokeball from his belt and throws it at the paralyzed Simipour. He cursed when it failed to capture the pokemon.

    Beula weaken it some more. Beula throws itself at the water pokemon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle AC 3 (1d20)[7] 17 physical damage. (2d8+6)[16] more on crit.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-06 at 03:12 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The two of you chat about various things that draw varying levels of dishonesty in your words until you're both done with your food. When the waiter drops the check, Ginny pays and the two of you are off.

    "Well, hopefully we'll run into each other again. Good luck on your way to Orum!"
    "Wait," Pitch says with a grin, pulling out his phone.

    "Could I get your number? We might meet up again sometime."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Wide-eyed with fear, Nikolas scrambles away from the gaping maw of the Raticate with Orobas in tow. "Orobas, blast it!" he cries desperately. Whatever was helping him was still out there, but whether it would turn on him after the rat Pokemon were eliminated was yet to be discovered.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to C9.
    Hidden Power (Dragon)
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[26]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #734
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo yanks a pokeball from his belt and throws it at the paralyzed Simipour.

    If Simipour is Caught
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo retrieves the pokeball from the ground and stows it in his pocket. He'd trade it for a pokemon that would be more willing to become friends with him than one that chose to attack him before he had done anything wrong. Beula, keep an eye out for any pokemon that may have been attracted by the noise of the battle.

    With that, he collects the berries, and returns to the shopkeeper, taking the panpour with him.

    Perception check: [roll0]


    If Simipour isn't Caught
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beula weaken it some more. Beula throws itself at the water pokemon.

    Tackle AC 3 [roll1] [roll2d8+11[/roll] physical damage. [roll2] more on crit.
    Even paralyzed, the Simipour is able to struggle its way out of the poke ball. But that's far from your greatest concern, because mere moments after it breaks free, all hell breaks loose. The Panpour jumps back down from a nearby tree, followed closely by what looks to be a couple of his friends and their parents as well. Pansears, Pansages, Simisears, and Simisages, al all crying out at the top of their lungs.

    Buela's attack connects, causing the Simipour to fall to her knees, on the verge of unconsciousness.

    The racket is absolutely deafening.

    Spoiler
    Show
    On the map, the second letter (w, f, g) denotes whether it's the water, fire, or grass version of Pan/Simi. Hope that's clear enough.
    On the plus side, you may release both of your other pokemon and command them as well. (If you choose to fight.)
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #735
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Wait," Pitch says with a grin, pulling out his phone.

    "Could I get your number? We might meet up again sometime."
    Ginny nods with a smile. "Sure! Here you go..." The two of you exchange information, and she waves as she walks off. "See you around, Pitch!"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #736
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Wide-eyed with fear, Nikolas scrambles away from the gaping maw of the Raticate with Orobas in tow. "Orobas, blast it!" he cries desperately. Whatever was helping him was still out there, but whether it would turn on him after the rat Pokemon were eliminated was yet to be discovered.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to C9.
    Hidden Power (Dragon)
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Orobas is having none of that jerk attacking you, so this burst of energy has a particularly dense blast zone. When the dust clears, the large rat is down for the count. You can also sense Orobas getting stronger before your eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Orobas gains 4*10*10 + 30*12 = 760 EXP!
    Also, Orobas's Hidden Power mastery increases!
    By which I mean, increase the base damage to 2d8+6, as if you had rolled a 2 during the original damage roll. Hooray!


    Your pokedex beeps and returns info on Rattata and Raticate.

    Then you hear a powerful, feminine voice come from behind you. "Impressive, Human. Very impressive."

    When you wheel around, you see a yellow-and-pink humanoid pokemon about 3 feet tall. She bows to you in respect.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 03:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Breathing in and out deeply, Nikolas sets Orobas on the floor and begins to calm his nerves when out of nowhere the talking Pokemon approaches him. Now, Nikolas didn't know much about Pokemon but he was pretty sure they normally couldn't talk. So with this in mind, he perhaps, took in the sight of a talking Pokemon about as well as anybody could given the circumstances.

    Not very.

    Screaming a somewhat high-pitched scream Nikolas backs away and shields himself and Orobas from the strange feminine Pokemon. "W-what's going on? How are you talking? What do you want with me?"

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Ginny nods with a smile. "Sure! Here you go..." The two of you exchange information, and she waves as she walks off. "See you around, Pitch!"
    "Bye," Pitch says before heading back to the shop.

    "Need water still?" he asks. If the shopkeeper answers in the affirmative, Pitch continues to do trips.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  19. - Top - End - #739
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Breathing in and out deeply, Nikolas sets Orobas on the floor and begins to calm his nerves when out of nowhere the talking Pokemon approaches him. Now, Nikolas didn't know much about Pokemon but he was pretty sure they normally couldn't talk. So with this in mind, he perhaps, took in the sight of a talking Pokemon about as well as anybody could given the circumstances.

    Not very.

    Screaming a somewhat high-pitched scream Nikolas backs away and shields himself and Orobas from the strange feminine Pokemon. "W-what's going on? How are you talking? What do you want with me?"
    The Pokemon regards you with some mixture of curiosity and amusement. She raises a hand and says softly, "Please, relax. I mean you no harm. I would be glad to answer your plethora of questions, but for now..." She approaches you with an arm extended. I believe this is the customary greeting for your species. My name is Praelia."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #740
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Bye," Pitch says before heading back to the shop.

    "Need water still?" he asks. If the shopkeeper answers in the affirmative, Pitch continues to do trips.
    "Always!" the shopkeeper says, handing you more buckets.

    You have time to make three trips back and forth before the sun sets, and the time goes by rather uneventfully. You do pass a few pokemon to scan during your work: a Manectric, a Venonat, and a Doduo.

    When you get back to the store after the final trip, the shopkeeper says, "Thanks, buddy. Wanna use that store credit?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 03:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas takes the hand nervously and gives it a few firm but weak pumps. "I-I'm Nikolas. Nikolas Torel." If the Pokemon truly meant no harm he saw no reason not to accept the courtesy. Besides, he doubted he could fight off what looked like to be fully grown Pokemon after the whole Raticate debacle. "Why did you help me? You didn't really have a reason to..."

    "Not that I don't appreciate the help! But why me?" he says suddenly, as if afraid of disrespecting the Pokemon that had helped to saved hie life.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  22. - Top - End - #742
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas takes the hand nervously and gives it a few firm but weak pumps. "I-I'm Nikolas. Nikolas Torel." If the Pokemon truly meant no harm he saw no reason not to accept the courtesy. Besides, he doubted he could fight off what looked like to be fully grown Pokemon after the whole Raticate debacle. "Why did you help me? You didn't really have a reason to..."

    "Not that I don't appreciate the help! But why me?" he says suddenly, as if afraid of disrespecting the Pokemon that had helped to saved hie life.
    Praelia is unfazed by your flustered response. "I happened to be watching when that thug jumped you yesterday. You did well to take him into custody. But more than that, it was clear how much you cared about your friend there when you rushed him to be healed after that bird attack today. That moved me deeply.

    Seeing you surrounded by these rats, I decided to even the playing field. And I must say, I was impressed yet again when you shielded your friend from the rat's attack.

    I suppose my point is that you seem to be the most genuinely kind trainer I have come across thus far on my travels. You see, I have the ability to look into another's heart, and examine their intentions. Your aura is pure.
    " She bows yet again. "If it is not too forward, I would like to join you and your friend."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Always!" the shopkeeper says, handing you more buckets.

    You have time to make three trips back and forth before the sun sets, and the time goes by rather uneventfully. You do pass a few pokemon to scan during your work: a Manectric, a Venonat, and a Doduo.

    When you get back to the store after the final trip, the shopkeeper says, "Thanks, buddy. Wanna use that store credit?"
    "Not tonight. I'll swing by in the morning to do a trip or two more and cash in on that stuff. See 'ya later," Pitch says, waving as he heads out. He takes the buckets with him, explaining he'll wake up first thing and make a trip.

    Pitch heads out to where he camped the night before, making sure to let his team out. As he sets up camp, he tries to help his team identify what a Ghost would look like, using his 'dex for examples.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "A-Ah, well not that I'm not flattered but aren't there better trainers out there? I don't know anything about Pokemon...wouldn't you want a trainer who can take better care of you?" Weren't Pokemon supposed to be caught? What kind of Pokemon willingly allowed itself to be caught much less, offered its services to a trainer. Pulling out a Pokeball from his pockets he shows it to to Praelia, "I can't imagine wanting to be cooped up in these tiny balls. Are you sure you want me as your trainer?"

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  25. - Top - End - #745
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Not tonight. I'll swing by in the morning to do a trip or two more and cash in on that stuff. See 'ya later," Pitch says, waving as he heads out. He takes the buckets with him, explaining he'll wake up first thing and make a trip.

    Pitch heads out to where he camped the night before, making sure to let his team out. As he sets up camp, he tries to help his team identify what a Ghost would look like, using his 'dex for examples.
    "See you in the mornin'" the shopkeeper says as you leave.

    Your team huddles around, listening to your instructions intently. Outlet in particularly seems a lot more keen to be around you than before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet's loyalty increases! (I forget where it was...but now it's that +1)
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Even paralyzed, the Simipour is able to struggle its way out of the poke ball. But that's far from your greatest concern, because mere moments after it breaks free, all hell breaks loose. The Panpour jumps back down from a nearby tree, followed closely by what looks to be a couple of his friends and their parents as well. Pansears, Pansages, Simisears, and Simisages, al all crying out at the top of their lungs.

    Buela's attack connects, causing the Simipour to fall to her knees, on the verge of unconsciousness.

    The racket is absolutely deafening.

    Spoiler
    Show
    On the map, the second letter (w, f, g) denotes whether it's the water, fire, or grass version of Pan/Simi. Hope that's clear enough.
    On the plus side, you may release both of your other pokemon and command them as well. (If you choose to fight.)
    Leo released Piri Piri, and threw a pokeball at the Simipour again. Piri Piri, flame the green ones and move into position. Beula, electrocute the big red one. Nightlock boost your defenses.

    The pokemon leap into action. Beula and Piri Piri throwing elemental volleys at the larger pokemon, while Nightlock thinks about forgetting everything but the ranged attacks the pokemon had been using.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Simipour capture roll (1d100)[65]
    Beula T-Wave SF. Auto-paralysis.
    Nightlock Amnesia, +2 SpDef CS
    Piri Piri Incinerate SG and shift to E7. (1d20)[12] AC 2 & burn any berries the pokemon has. (1d10+5)[10] special fire damage. On crit (1d10+4)[10]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  27. - Top - End - #747
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "A-Ah, well not that I'm not flattered but aren't there better trainers out there? I don't know anything about Pokemon...wouldn't you want a trainer who can take better care of you?" Weren't Pokemon supposed to be caught? What kind of Pokemon willingly allowed itself to be caught much less, offered its services to a trainer. Pulling out a Pokeball from his pockets he shows it to to Praelia, "I can't imagine wanting to be cooped up in these tiny balls. Are you sure you want me as your trainer?"
    Praelia nods. "It is my wish to join you." She touches the Pokeball and it engulfs her in light. It falls to the ground and shortly clicks shut without shaking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You "caught" a Mienfoo!
    Nickname: Praelia
    Female, level 11
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Poised
    HP 5
    ATK 9
    DEF 5
    SATK 6
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 7
    Intelligence 5, knows Mach Punch.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "See you in the mornin'" the shopkeeper says as you leave.

    Your team huddles around, listening to your instructions intently. Outlet in particularly seems a lot more keen to be around you than before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet's loyalty increases! (I forget where it was...but now it's that +1)
    Pitch starts a fire again, practicing with whatever tools were in his camping kit. He sets up the watches again; same as the night before but reversed, with him taking first watch this time. Thales and Shovel spar for a bit before turning in, Carn does whatever he feels like, and Pitch pets Outlet until the Shinx falls asleep.

    "You did good today little guy. I'm proud of you."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  29. - Top - End - #749
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo released Piri Piri, and threw a pokeball at the Simipour again. Piri Piri, flame the green ones and move into position. Beula, electrocute the big red one. Nightlock boost your defenses.

    The pokemon leap into action. Beula and Piri Piri throwing elemental volleys at the larger pokemon, while Nightlock thinks about forgetting everything but the ranged attacks the pokemon had been using.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Simipour capture roll (1d20)[3]
    Beula T-Wave SF. Auto-paralysis.
    Nightlock Amnesia, +2 SpDef CS
    Piri Piri Incinerate SG and shift to E7. (1d12+20)[29] AC 2 & burn any berries the pokemon has. (1d20)[5] special fire damage. On crit (1d20)[8]
    Your pokemon's attacks do fairly well. The Simisear is just as immobile as the Simipour now, and the wave of flame singed away a small berry in the Simisage's hand. However, the Simipour is once again able to break free of the pokeball and looks even more determined than before.

    The Simipour and Simisear are both unable to move. The Panpour tries to help his mother, too concerned to attack. The Simisage responds to Piri Piri's volley of flame with a lash of its tail.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Vine Whip! (On Piri Piri)
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d12+20)[29]


    The two Pansages follow their parent's lead, also whipping Piri Piri with their tails.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Vine Whip! x2
    (1d20)[5] & (1d20)[8]
    (1d12+14)[20] & (1d12+14)[15]


    The two Pansears launch their own volleys of flame at Nightlock in unison.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Incinerate! x2
    (1d20)[13] & (1d20)[20]
    (1d10+10)[20] & (1d10+10)[12]
    Crit: + another 10 damage from OOC roll
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-06 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #750
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch starts a fire again, practicing with whatever tools were in his camping kit. He sets up the watches again; same as the night before but reversed, with him taking first watch this time. Thales and Shovel spar for a bit before turning in, Carn does whatever he feels like, and Pitch pets Outlet until the Shinx falls asleep.

    "You did good today little guy. I'm proud of you."
    Outlet purs happily at your approval.

    Your first watch passes by rather uneventfully, with only the occasional faraway hoot to keep you company. Before you know it, it's time for you to turn in.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •