New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your pokemon's attacks do fairly well. The Simisear is just as immobile as the Simipour now, and the wave of flame singed away a small berry in the Simisage's hand. However, the Simipour is once again able to break free of the pokeball and looks even more determined than before.

The Simipour and Simisear are both unable to move. The Panpour tries to help his mother, too concerned to attack. The Simisage responds to Piri Piri's volley of flame with a lash of its tail.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vine Whip! (On Piri Piri)
    (2d12+10)[21]
    (1d20)[3]

The two Pansages follow their parent's lead, also whipping Piri Piri with their tails.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vine Whip! x2
    (1d10+17)[20] & (1d10+4)[7]
    (1d20)[3] & (1d12+15)[26]

The two Pansears launch their own volleys of flame at Nightlock in unison.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incinerate! x2
    (1d12+6)[13] & [roll7]
    [roll8] & [roll9]
    Crit: + another 10 damage from OOC roll
    Piri Piri cringes from the vines slamming into his body, and Leo runs to him quickly to apply a potion to him. Beula, Piri keep up the offensive, Nightlock put up your defenses.

Piri Piri launches himself across the ground, picking up rocks to become a living wrecking ball. He attempts to roll over the two pansears and their grass type cousin. Beula launches another volley of electricity at the panpour, and Nightlock curls up into a ball, increasing his defenses.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion (2d12+10)[21]
    Rollout F-H7, ending up in I7 (1d20)[3] AC 4. Physical Rock (1d10+17)[20] on crit (1d10+4)[7]

Thundershock G6, (1d20)[3] AC 2 paralyze on 17+. Sp Electric (1d12+15)[26] on crit (1d12+6)[13]

Defense Curl +1 Def CS[/roll]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-06 at 05:04 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

"...huh." Looking down at Orobas, Nikolas scratches his head. The circumstances regarding Praelia's capture were certainly peculiar to say the least, but the less he thought about it the better. Feeling particularly unsafe in the midst of unconscious rat Pokemon, Nikolas picks up Orobas once more and chugs down another bottle of water before pushing further into the forest, eager to get to Xylo as soon as possible.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Outlet purs happily at your approval.

Your first watch passes by rather uneventfully, with only the occasional faraway hoot to keep you company. Before you know it, it's time for you to turn in.
    Pitch gently taps the Scyther, waking Carn for his watch before turning in, keeping his knife within arms reach.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, Kamoho will need some he-yeowch!"

And Kamoho was on his feet, and moving forward.

"Kamoho!"

And the totodile halted. Mordecai smiled. "Kamoho - I'm fine. It's like when you got that TM - it hurts, but it's for the best."

Kamoho paused for a moment, then nodded. "Dile."

"But yeah - Kamoho will need some healing."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch gently taps the Scyther, waking Carn for his watch before turning in, keeping his knife within arms reach.
    Carn dutifully goes to keep watch. When his turn is over, he wakes the others and they do their job as well.

Before you know it, Thales is poking at your face because it's time to get up. The next morning has arrived, complete with the sounds of chirping birds.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Piri Piri cringes from the vines slamming into his body, and Leo runs to him quickly to apply a potion to him. Beula, Piri keep up the offensive, Nightlock put up your defenses.

Piri Piri launches himself across the ground, picking up rocks to become a living wrecking ball. He attempts to roll over the two pansears and their grass type cousin. Beula launches another volley of electricity at the panpour, and Nightlock curls up into a ball, increasing his defenses.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion (1d20)[4]
    Rollout F-H7, ending up in I7 (1d12+20)[21] AC 4. Physical Rock (1d20)[8] on crit (1d20)[5]

Thundershock G6, (1d20)[15] AC 2 paralyze on 17+. Sp Electric (1d12+14)[25] on crit (1d12+14)[23]

Defense Curl +1 Def CS[/roll]
    The Pansears and Pansage are able to dive out of the way of Piri Piri as he rolls harmlessly past them. The Pansears respond by glaring at Piri Piri menacingly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! x2

Buela's arc of electricity is enough to put the Panpour down. However, that seems to anger the mother, who is finally able to will herself to move. She launches a blast of water at the offending Mareep!

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun! (At Buela)
    (1d20)[4] (AC 2)
    Damage: (1d12+20)[21]

The Simisear is still unable to move. The three green monkeys all strike at Nightlock in unison, seemingly dejected by how little effect they had on Piri Piri.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vine Whip! x3
    AC 2: (1d20)[8] & (1d20)[5] & (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[25] & (1d12+14)[23] & (1d12+20)[23]

Your battle has evidently drawn plenty of attention from other pokemon in the area. You can feel the presence of a handful of them watching this battle.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch blinks awake, grinning at the Oshawott. He packs up the camp, trying to talk to Carn about something, anything. When camp is packed up, he picks up his buckets and heads out to the river, talking to his crew.

"We'll make two more trips today. After that we'll pick up some more supplies from the Pokemart and head out of here. We'll head east, towards Elrem. Everybody on board with that?"

As he does so, he starts to work to memorize Ginny's number on the phone, going over it over and over again. He couldn't keep the phone, but he wanted to keep the number.

Show

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "...huh." Looking down at Orobas, Nikolas scratches his head. The circumstances regarding Praelia's capture were certainly peculiar to say the least, but the less he thought about it the better. Feeling particularly unsafe in the midst of unconscious rat Pokemon, Nikolas picks up Orobas once more and chugs down another bottle of water before pushing further into the forest, eager to get to Xylo as soon as possible.
    Your journey takes you through a few thickets, but nothing proves too difficult to traverse. Before you know it, you're far enough from Orum that the sounds of the wild are completely different than anything you've heard before.

Luckily, nothing tests your resolve with anything more harmful than a stare or a yell. You even manage to scan a Watchog before it retreats back into the tree line.

As the sun sets, you come across a fairly sizable clearing that would lend itself well to a campsite.

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah, Kamoho will need some he-yeowch!"

And Kamoho was on his feet, and moving forward.

"Kamoho!"

And the totodile halted. Mordecai smiled. "Kamoho - I'm fine. It's like when you got that TM - it hurts, but it's for the best."

Kamoho paused for a moment, then nodded. "Dile."

"But yeah - Kamoho will need some healing."
    The orderly nods and picks up Kamoho diligently to take him back to be treated. "I will bring them back as soon as possible."

While the doctor patches you up, he makes some small talk. "So how long you been a trainer, young man?"

10. - Top - End - #760

Pitch blinks awake, grinning at the Oshawott. He packs up the camp, trying to talk to Carn about something, anything. When camp is packed up, he picks up his buckets and heads out to the river, talking to his crew.

"We'll make two more trips today. After that we'll pick up some more supplies from the Pokemart and head out of here. We'll head east, towards Elrem. Everybody on board with that?"

As he does so, he starts to work to memorize Ginny's number on the phone, going over it over and over again. He couldn't keep the phone, but he wanted to keep the number.
    You speak with Carn about the benefits and downfalls of having fingers in your case or blades for arms in his case. It's both insightful and entertaining to learn about his plight.

The crew each seem agreeable to the plan. Your trips go by innocuously enough, though some Aipoms do swing around some trees close enough to you at one point for you to scan 'em.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, go ahead and roll a Wisdom check for memorizing Ginny's number. We'll play a fun little minigame if you ever want/need to remember it.

By the time you return to the PokeMart the second and last time, it is just about high noon.

"Finally done, huh?" the shopkeeper asks.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

You speak with Carn about the benefits and downfalls of having fingers in your case or blades for arms in his case. It's both insightful and entertaining to learn about his plight.

The crew each seem agreeable to the plan. Your trips go by innocuously enough, though some Aipoms do swing around some trees close enough to you at one point for you to scan 'em.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, go ahead and roll a Wisdom check for memorizing Ginny's number. We'll play a fun little minigame if you ever want/need to remember it.

By the time you return to the PokeMart the second and last time, it is just about high noon.

"Finally done, huh?" the shopkeeper asks.
    Pitch can't help but feel his fingers are far more beneficial. Sure, Carn's blades are good for combat, but that's what weapons are for. The inability to grasp something must be a plight for Carn constantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember Ginny's Number: (1d20)[11]

"Finally. Think I'm ready to gear up and head out. Orum, here we come," Pitch says with a grin.

He rattles off a long list; 2,000 in food for him and his Pokemon, 2 Pokeballs (400), 2 Burn Heals (400), 2 Antidotes (400), a Super Potion (350), and last but not least, a Lemonade. (400)

"That leaves me with ^25 in cash, right?"

Show

12. - Top - End - #762

Pitch can't help but feel his fingers are far more beneficial. Sure, Carn's blades are good for combat, but that's what weapons are for. The inability to grasp something must be a plight for Carn constantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember Ginny's Number: [roll0]

"Finally. Think I'm ready to gear up and head out. Orum, here we come," Pitch says with a grin.

He rattles off a long list; 2,000 in food for him and his Pokemon, 2 Pokeballs (400), 2 Burn Heals (400), 2 Antidotes (400), a Super Potion (350), and last but not least, a Lemonade. (400)

"That leaves me with ^25 in cash, right?"
    After repeating Ginny's number over and over, you think you finally have a pretty firm grasp on it. Or, you know, at least you think you do...

The shopkeeper dutifully hands you the things as you name them. When you're done, he nods. "Yep, that's right." You complete the transaction and start to leave when he speaks up. "Hey, wait a moment." He reaches down and grabs something, then tosses it to you. It's another Lemonade. "On the house. Thanks for all your help, kid. Don't go and get yourself killed out there, alright?"

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Wiping his head of sweat and grime, Nikolas sets his things down on the ground and pulls out the instructions for his camping set. As he puzzles over the arcane instructions, Orobas flares his telekinesis and lays out the required pieces for construction. When Nikolas lays down his manual, he is pleasantly surprised by the neatly arranged equipment and scratches Orobas on the head for the Pokemon's efforts. "Thanks, buddy!"

In a few short moments, Nikolas manages to set up his camping set and sits down to enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. With a smile, he releases his three Pokemon and prepares food for them to eat. "...I didn't think I would need this much food..." he realizes when he sees that only half of his Pokefood remains.

When everyone is settled in, Nikolas starts asking Praelia questions regarding her origins, "So...how is that you're able to speak? I didn't know Pokemon were even capable of speaking?" It was a spectacle to say the least, but not all that shocking now that he had calmed down some. Remembering an earlier statement he asks, "And you mentioned earlier how I'm one of the nicest trainers you've met, how long have you been traveling?" The concern on his face is plainly evident though he cannot hide the curious gleam in his eye.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

After repeating Ginny's number over and over, you think you finally have a pretty firm grasp on it. Or, you know, at least you think you do...

The shopkeeper dutifully hands you the things as you name them. When you're done, he nods. "Yep, that's right." You complete the transaction and start to leave when he speaks up. "Hey, wait a moment." He reaches down and grabs something, then tosses it to you. It's another Lemonade. "On the house. Thanks for all your help, kid. Don't go and get yourself killed out there, alright?"
    Earlier:
    Since he seems to have a fairly solid grasp on the number, Pitch tosses his Pokegear into the river, watching it fall into the river and sink to the bottom.

"Thanks a lot," Pitch says. "For this, the work, everything. You helped me out a lot," Pitch says.

Helped me to ditch this ****hole of a city.

"I'll try stay in on piece," he says as he leaves with one final wave to the merchant.

Finally he could head out the wilds. No more pretending. Just him, his team, and whatever wilds were foolish enough to cross his path. He heads to the Eastern Gate, intent on making some headway towards Elrem today.

Show

15. - Top - End - #765

Wiping his head of sweat and grime, Nikolas sets his things down on the ground and pulls out the instructions for his camping set. As he puzzles over the arcane instructions, Orobas flares his telekinesis and lays out the required pieces for construction. When Nikolas lays down his manual, he is pleasantly surprised by the neatly arranged equipment and scratches Orobas on the head for the Pokemon's efforts. "Thanks, buddy!"

In a few short moments, Nikolas manages to set up his camping set and sits down to enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. With a smile, he releases his three Pokemon and prepares food for them to eat. "...I didn't think I would need this much food..." he realizes when he sees that only half of his Pokefood remains.

When everyone is settled in, Nikolas starts asking Praelia questions regarding her origins, "So...how is that you're able to speak? I didn't know Pokemon were even capable of speaking?" It was a spectacle to say the least, but not all that shocking now that he had calmed down some. Remembering an earlier statement he asks, "And you mentioned earlier how I'm one of the nicest trainers you've met, how long have you been traveling?" The concern on his face is plainly evident though he cannot hide the curious gleam in his eye.
    Loki flies all around, through anything and everything. It's been a while since he was let out! He doesn't even notice the food, though, so that's good. Upon hearing your lamentation, Praelia chimes in, "Nikolas, you needn't worry about feeding me. I can forage perfectly fine on my own. Excuse me a moment."

She walks off into the forest as if it's nothing, and not ten minutes later she returns with enough food to feed not only herself, but also Orobas! She looks at you and shrugs. "I apologize for not also finding some for you. I figured you would prefer human food." She and Orobas happily dig in. You have no idea what it is, for what that's worth.

Praelia nods as you ask your questions, evidently prepared for them. "I suppose I am...special. Unique. You're right, most Pokemon are not capable of speech. Some who are capable are not willing to learn. I've only ever met one other Pokemon who could speak..." Her voice drifts off, but she doesn't follow up on it.

"Hmm. Honestly, I cannot remember how long it's been since I left my home in the mountain you call Mirror Mountain. Suffice it to say, it's been a while. I've come across a great many trainers. Like I said, I can tell what's in one's heart by simply looking at them. Every single one had something dark, something sinister welling up inside of them."

The next thing she says is somewhat surprising. "You do as well, Nikolas. A hatred; a resentment toward a family member. But you don't wish him harm. You merely wish to prove him wrong. But I am sorry, I did not mean to pry. Have these answers satisfied your curiosity?" she asks, neither annoyed nor impatient. She seems to be willing to answer any more inquiries you might have.

16. - Top - End - #766

Earlier:
    Since he seems to have a fairly solid grasp on the number, Pitch tosses his Pokegear into the river, watching it fall into the river and sink to the bottom.

"Thanks a lot," Pitch says. "For this, the work, everything. You helped me out a lot," Pitch says.

Helped me to ditch this ****hole of a city.

"I'll try stay in on piece," he says as he leaves with one final wave to the merchant.

Finally he could head out the wilds. No more pretending. Just him, his team, and whatever wilds were foolish enough to cross his path. He heads to the Eastern Gate, intent on making some headway towards Elrem today.
    As you walk toward the Eastern Gate, you think you hear a commotion behind you back at the PokeMart. You think you hear Gibbs' voice. If you look back though, there's nothing to see...

Just a shade past noon, you're finally on your way toward Elrem. It's an overcast day, but you don't know the forecast because you tossed your Pokegear into the river!

Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno if you saw Bad Sit's post a few pages ago, but go ahead and roll 1d100 either + Con or - Int. Higher = more difficult encounter, lower = less difficult or no encounter. You can wait until after the roll to apply the + or - modifier.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch can't help but hurry a bit faster at Gibb's voice, worried.

As he exits the city, Pitch lets out his crew.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+14)[76]
    We go big here.

Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

"No, it's fine. It's kind of disconcerting but I guess you can't really help it huh? Orobas can apparently read minds according to the Pokedex but he's never given me any trouble about it." Nikolas decided that it was nice to be complimented sometimes, even if the compliment came from a strange talking Pokemon. It was almost like real human interaction...

"Where did you get a pretty name like Praelia? Did you choose it for yourself or did a...previous...trainer..." Uncomfortable with where the conversation is headed, Nikolas asks something else, "So, I would be happy to be your trainer but could you, I don't know, not talk in front of other people? I don't want to impress a rule like this upon you but I don't really like it when people watch me for too long."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-07 at 02:26 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

19. - Top - End - #769

Pitch can't help but hurry a bit faster at Gibb's voice, worried.

As he exits the city, Pitch lets out his crew.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    We go big here.
    Pretty soon, you hear some rattling behind you, but nothing's there when you turn around. It happens again a few minutes later. It's decidedly...unsettling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll perception! (Int) Carn gets one too, +1 mod.
    And then roll 'em again, just for good measure.

20. - Top - End - #770

"No, it's fine. It's kind of disconcerting but I guess you can't really help it huh? Orobas can apparently read minds according to the Pokedex but he's never given me any trouble about it." Nikolas decided that it was nice to be complimented sometimes, even if the compliment came from a strange talking Pokemon. It was almost like real human interaction...

"Where did you get a pretty name like Praelia? Did you choose it for yourself or did a...previous...trainer..." Uncomfortable with where the conversation is headed, Nikolas asks something else, "So, I would be happy to be your trainer but could you, I don't know, not talk in front of other people? I don't want to impress a rule like this upon you but I don't really like it when people watch me for too long."
    Praelia smiles at your comments. "I got my name from my parents, just like you. Then she nods in response to your request. "Certainly, I understand. I will refrain from speaking your language around other humans."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you're ready to go to sleep, go ahead and roll first a 1d10 with either + con modifer or - int modifer to see if you have a nighttime encounter and then the standard 1d100 with + con or - int for difficulty in case you do have one.

If you want to keep speaking, feel free to do so. Just do the rolls whenever you decide to call it a night.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty soon, you hear some rattling behind you, but nothing's there when you turn around. It happens again a few minutes later. It's decidedly...unsettling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll perception! (Int) Carn gets one too, +1 mod.
    And then roll 'em again, just for good measure.
    Pitch whips out his knife, calling his team close at the second rattling. He wasn't going to let whatever it was take him by surprise.

"Carn, keep your eyes open. Something is out there," he says, holding the knife readily in his hand, trying to squat lower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch: (1d20)[17]
    Carn: (1d20+1)[12]

Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas grabs both Orobas and almost thinks to pick up Praelia before he thinks better of it and leads them into his tent. "I'm not sure how comfortable a Poke Ball so I guess I should at least offer you a chance to sleep outside of a ball when I can..." Remembering his third, wayward team member, Nikolas calls out to the energetic ghost Pokemon, "Loki, I don't want to make you think I don't appreciate you so as a reward for a job well done today, you can go and explore the forests tonight. Just try not to get hurt where I can't help and come back to the tent when morning comes, okay?"

Even if the ghost Pokemon doesn't stop to listen, Nikolas repeats his statement and adds at the end, "...please?" When he is finished with that, he withdraws into the tent and bids his remaining Pokemon a good night.

Avoiding an Encounter: (1d10-4)[5]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

23. - Top - End - #773

Pitch whips out his knife, calling his team close at the second rattling. He wasn't going to let whatever it was take him by surprise.

"Carn, keep your eyes open. Something is out there," he says, holding the knife readily in his hand, trying to squat lower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch: [roll0]
    Carn: [roll1]
    You're able to diagnose where the rattle is coming from and catch the offender off guard before it is able to slip away again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    You get a free attack with auto-crit! Targeting E1 below you. Carn also gets to act "on his own" (you can choose what he does). After that, it's a normal turn for you. You may move your pokemon around the square directly around you as you wish, since they technically could have been anywhere in there.

Two more snakes slither out from the trees to join their comrade in arms.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch grins as the snakes appear. This would be fun. Dashing forward, knife poised to strike, Pitch leaps at the snake, rejoicing as he sinks his blade up to the hilt into the Ekans. As the snake screeches, he rejoices. No more cities, no more acts. Just survival of the strongest. A low cackle escapes his lips as he fights.

Carn moves forward too, blurring with inhuman speed. His blade arcs out towards the snake, catching it with a cut. He gives no sign of ecstasy such as Pitch; no grin, no laughter, simply cutting across the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch:(1d12+9)[12]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]

Carn:
    AC: 2 (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d12+20)[24]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]
    Technician" (2d10)[12]

Show

25. - Top - End - #775

Nikolas grabs both Orobas and almost thinks to pick up Praelia before he thinks better of it and leads them into his tent. "I'm not sure how comfortable a Poke Ball so I guess I should at least offer you a chance to sleep outside of a ball when I can..." Remembering his third, wayward team member, Nikolas calls out to the energetic ghost Pokemon, "Loki, I don't want to make you think I don't appreciate you so as a reward for a job well done today, you can go and explore the forests tonight. Just try not to get hurt where I can't help and come back to the tent when morning comes, okay?"

Even if the ghost Pokemon doesn't stop to listen, Nikolas repeats his statement and adds at the end, "...please?" When he is finished with that, he withdraws into the tent and bids his remaining Pokemon a good night.

Avoiding an Encounter: [roll0]
    Praelia shrugs. "It's actually not that bad in one of those. I'll get used to it." She willfully returns to her Poke Ball.

Loki flies all around you as you speak. You can't really tell if any of it is getting through, but it does seem happy when you're done. Loki gives you another generous lick before flying off with a faint cackle.

You fall asleep after the sounds of your Gastly travel far enough away to be barely audible.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 successfully avoids an encounter. (Is it 1-5 no encounter, 6-10 encounter? Is it odds and evens? Is it primes and not primes? WHAT IS IT?!)

The next morning, you wake up to another jolly lick from Loki. Whatever it had been up to during the night, it didn't seem to be any worse for the wear. The sun has risen and you can distinctly hear some chirping nearby...very nearby. It's coming from the east, if you wish to investigate.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Wiping the ectoplasmic slime off of his face, Nikolas returns Loki's enthusiasm with a smile of his own. "Well, you're certainly happy to be out of your Poke Ball. Maybe I should let you out a little more often," he teases. Upon hearing the chirping, Nikolas releases both Orobas and Praelia and points them at the noise. "I hear a lot of noises over there, I think we should go check it out in case someone is hurt." It was strange to think that only a few days ago he would have ignored the noises and gone about his way. Was this the influence of Pokemon on him. Wearing a very small smile he adds, "Let's go see what it is, shall we?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #777

Pitch grins as the snakes appear. This would be fun. Dashing forward, knife poised to strike, Pitch leaps at the snake, rejoicing as he sinks his blade up to the hilt into the Ekans. As the snake screeches, he rejoices. No more cities, no more acts. Just survival of the strongest. A low cackle escapes his lips as he fights.

Carn moves forward too, blurring with inhuman speed. His blade arcs out towards the snake, catching it with a cut. He gives no sign of ecstasy such as Pitch; no grin, no laughter, simply cutting across the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch:(1d20)[7]
    Crit: (1d6+12)[14]

Carn:
    AC: 2 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (2d10+16)[22]
    Crit: [roll4]
    Technician" [roll5]
    Your knife cuts deep, and the snake pokemon starts bleeding profusely. It is noticeably a stiff wind away from falling over.

The one that Carn hit is nowhere near as lucky, closer to death than it is to consciousness.

The snake that you hit weakly digs a poisonous fang into your leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poison Sting!
    (1d20)[7] (AC 2, poison on 17-20)
    (1d6+12)[14]

The one next to Carn's victim digs its fangs into him much more viciously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    (1d20)[9] AC 2, flinch on 15-20
    (2d10+16)[22]

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

"Thales, use that new move! Cut this snake down to size!" Pitch shouts, tossing a Pokeball as the Oshawott cuts into the serpent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales uses False Swipe!
    AC: 2 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[21] Leaves at 1 HP.

Capture Roll!
    (1d100)[29]

Show

29. - Top - End - #779

Wiping the ectoplasmic slime off of his face, Nikolas returns Loki's enthusiasm with a smile of his own. "Well, you're certainly happy to be out of your Poke Ball. Maybe I should let you out a little more often," he teases. Upon hearing the chirping, Nikolas releases both Orobas and Praelia and points them at the noise. "I hear a lot of noises over there, I think we should go check it out in case someone is hurt." It was strange to think that only a few days ago he would have ignored the noises and gone about his way. Was this the influence of Pokemon on him. Wearing a very small smile he adds, "Let's go see what it is, shall we?"
    Your Pokemon nod in assent, and you're on your way. As you draw nearer, the chirping gets at once louder and more...melodic? It's a strange melody for sure, but something tells you it is indeed a song.

Eventually, you come across the source of the chirping music. Five cricket-like pokemon, three smaller and two larger, are standing around in a circle. It looks like the older ones are teaching the younger ones. They notice you, but don't react in any way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map! If you wish to engage them in any way. (The Ks are the Kricketots, the Rs are the Kricketunes.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-07 at 03:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Smiling at the wonderful spectacle, Nikolas draws nearer with his Pokemon and sits down to listen. "Orobas, keep Loki under control if he tries to do something naughty," he whispers to the Abra in his arms. If the bug Pokemon weren't interested in fighting he saw no point in needlessly picking a fight with them. For now he was content to enjoy their music before they continued on their way to Xylo.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨