Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai swiftly picked a table, got a small amount of food, and plunked it on. "There! Yeesh!"

    Kamoho noted the food, contemplated for a moment, then released Mordecai in favor of something with more substance.

    "Yeesh." Mordecai repeated. "Okay then! Mealtime, guys!"

    And out came his pokemon in a flurry. It wasn't very long before they were eating. Well, most of them anyway - Paka hopped on the plate, hopped off it, repeated this a couple dozen times, either fell off or intentionally fluttered to the floor, went back up, and would occasionally take a nibble here and there.

    ...but Paka was /just/ at a doctor, so maybe that wasn't something to be worried about. At least, that's what Mordecai reasoned.

    "Drill!"
    "Dile!"
    "DRILL!"
    "DILE!"

    In which Mordecai reached over, snatching the buiscuit from between Kamoho and Pa'ao. "Guys! There's plenty of food for both of you!"

    "Drill." Pa'ao slid a little bit away from Kamoho, scowling at him.
    "Dile." The totodile was... well similar, but he was more focused on eating. Mordecai sighed, glancing at Kaulu - who was sitting quietly at the table eating his fill.

    The only presumably-normal pokemon he had seemed so weird by comparison.

    "Huh." Pokedex beeping, Mordecai glanced at Kaulu, then back to the primeape. "Hopefully I can train you to where you get that big, Kaulu."

    The mankey nodded, then went back to eating - leaving Mordecai to break up another potential fight between Kamoho and Pa'ao.
    Your entertainingly feisty Pokemon draw some attention from the others in the room. One guy in particular jokes, Check out the kid with the out of control Totodile. What's his deal?"

    The girl next to him scolds him, "Shut up, Tony. We have work to do." The two of them walk back toward the entrance of the station.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to interact with your pokemon as much as you want. Right now it's around mid-afternoon, so you still have a little time in the day if there's anything in particular you want to do.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-08 at 03:47 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Satisfied with a job well done, Praelia lets the Slakoth fall to the ground in defeat before turning toward the apes that Orobas failed to down. Feeling merciful, she dashes in low and goes for a simple jab against the one of the remaining Pokemon rather than going all out.

    Shift to G6 and use Pound (Normal)~! on S2
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

    Unable to attack, Orobas instead bides his time and gathers the energy needed for another burst of energy while Loki does...something.

    Usefulness?: [roll2]
    Praelia is once again able to knock her foe out in a single blow. Loki continues to meander through the air while the two remaining Slakoths do...absolutely nothing.

    In your dreams, you're riding a robot unicorn across some rainbows. It's fun.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Finally able to act, Orobas releases his stores of energy at the hardiest Slakoth standing with a slightly annoyed yip. Meanwhile, Praelia mops up with her own duty.

    Orobas
    Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on K5
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[15]
    Damage Check: (2d8+19)[25]

    Praelia
    Shift to G5 and use Pound (Normal) on S1
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[8]
    Damage Check: (1d12+18)[25]

    Loki
    Usefulness: (1d20)[20]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Finally able to act, Orobas releases his stores of energy at the hardiest Slakoth standing with a slightly annoyed yip. Meanwhile, Praelia mops up with her own duty.

    Orobas
    Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on K5
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage Check: [roll1]

    Praelia
    Shift to G5 and use Pound (Normal) on S1
    Accuracy Check: [roll2]
    Damage Check: [roll3]

    Loki
    Usefulness: [roll4]
    The Slakoth in Praelia's path almost feels enough fear to overcome its laziness and move out of the way...almost. Instead, it just joins the first to in unconsciousness.

    Orobas's blast knocks the wind out of the final remaining Slakoth, which probably regrets encouraging Orobas to use that attack again.

    In a sudden moment of focus, Loki squares up and faces the Slakoth. He launches a wave of psychic energy toward it, putting it to sleep. Then he goes over to you and licks you so eagerly that you wake up!

    You might say his act of usefulness was...critical.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Ekans has only an instant to flinch before it disappears into the Pokeball, which vibrates in your hand but does not break open. With a click, it settles down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You caught (another) Ekans!
    Male, level 12
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Nature: Devout
    HP 4 (+1)
    ATK 6 (-1)
    DEF 4 (+1)
    SATK 4 (-1)
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 6 (-1)
    (At 5% HP)
    Pitch grins, pocketing the two of the Ekans.

    "Nice job Carn," he says, kicking the remaining one towards Outlet and Shovel. He looks through the Pokedex, trying to tell if it would be edible or not. If they are, he tells the two to eat the Ekans if they are hungry, while if it is not he simply tosses it further into the woods.

    Pitch and his crew continue on his way, team trotting at his heels and Carn buzzing alongside him.

    "Carn, who was the Ekans praying to? Do Pokemon have a god?" Pitch asks, somewhat interested, for threats if nothing else.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Picking himself up from his slumber, Nikolas is honestly surprised to see four unconscious lying in a circle around him. Noting that Praelia is standing over one of the aforementioned apes, he easily guesses what had probably occurred during his untimely nap. "Well, it looks as though my trust in you guys certainly wasn't misplaced..." Rubbing the back of his head embarrassedly, he gets up to survey his surroundings. "I don't know what came over me...one second I was walking by and suddenly I just felt really sleepy..." Stifling a yawn with his hand, Nikolas pats Loki in thanks and picks up Orobas once more. "At any rate, I'm sure all of you did fine without me anyway...Good job guys."

    If nothing else occurs, Nikolas departs after hearing whatever Praelia has to say and moves on. He also scans the Slakoths if the Pokedex hasn't done so automatically.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  7. - Top - End - #817
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins, pocketing the two of the Ekans.

    "Nice job Carn," he says, kicking the remaining one towards Outlet and Shovel. He looks through the Pokedex, trying to tell if it would be edible or not. If they are, he tells the two to eat the Ekans if they are hungry, while if it is not he simply tosses it further into the woods.

    Pitch and his crew continue on his way, team trotting at his heels and Carn buzzing alongside him.

    "Carn, who was the Ekans praying to? Do Pokemon have a god?" Pitch asks, somewhat interested, for threats if nothing else.
    Carn lets you know that it would be wise to avoid eating the Ekans, as the risk of getting poisoned isn't worth the upside of a quick snack.

    In response to your question, Carn shrugs meaningfully. "Religion amongst Pokemon is even more widely varied and less organized than amongst humans. What sort of dogma that Ekans holds so much faith in is a question only he could answer."

    As you travel, the air gradually becomes less damn the farther you get from Port Tidings' coastal environment. The sun has begun to set, and if you care to look toward the ocean, a beautiful amber-crimson light bathes the horizon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can continue to have this/another conversation if you wish, but you'll make it to nighttime unimpeded.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #818
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Picking himself up from his slumber, Nikolas is honestly surprised to see four unconscious lying in a circle around him. Noting that Praelia is standing over one of the aforementioned apes, he easily guesses what had probably occurred during his untimely nap. "Well, it looks as though my trust in you guys certainly wasn't misplaced..." Rubbing the back of his head embarrassedly, he gets up to survey his surroundings. "I don't know what came over me...one second I was walking by and suddenly I just felt really sleepy..." Stifling a yawn with his hand, Nikolas pats Loki in thanks and picks up Orobas once more. "At any rate, I'm sure all of you did fine without me anyway...Good job guys."

    If nothing else occurs, Nikolas departs after hearing whatever Praelia has to say and moves on. He also scans the Slakoths if the Pokedex hasn't done so automatically.
    Praelia nods toward you upon seeing you wake. "It was no trouble." She must have meant it, because there isn't a scratch to speak of on any of your Pokemon. Loki reveals an incredibly wide grin in response to your approval.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You(r pokemon) won!
    Each of them receive (4*15*13) / 3 = 260 EXP!


    Your Pokedex returns some information on these Slakoths, including that their yawns are especially potent, thought to transfer some of their ample laziness onto the target. Your concentration on the Pokedex is broken by some gasps from your team, who indicate you should look up. Low enough to make out, but far too high to scan, you see a gigantic blue draconic pokemon with scarlet wings fly by. There appears to be a person riding it.

    Your team moves on and is able to travel along the path toward the three-way intersection between Orum, Xylo, and Port Tidings. At this rate, you'll probably get there--and come across the mentioned Trapinch swarm's location--sometime tomorrow. For now though, it's almost dusk and you can see an incredible sunset off in the distance toward Port Tidings. It is more magnificent than any you have ever seen, because the quality of light is something that the fog around Orum always obscured.

    Praelia stops momentarily to observe it. "Beautiful, isn't it?" she asks wistfully.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-08 at 03:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas takes in the sight with a wide smile and bright eyes, "Yeah...Orum was always so foggy I guess I never got to see something like this..." Just another wonderful thing his Pokemon journey had opened up for him. Pausing to consider something, he reaches into his bag and withdraws his trusty Pokegear. After fiddling with the menus for a second, he pulls open the camera function and snaps a shot of the setting sun with all three of his Pokemon in frame. "Just something to remember our first day on the road," he admits good naturedly.

    Deciding that was it getting dark, Nikolas sets out his camping supplies and turns in for the night, once again leaving Loki to fly to his heart's content and allowing Praelia to forage. Briefly, he releases his captured Taillows and allows them some Pokefood before returning them for the night.

    Just in case you ask for them:
    Encounter Roll: (1d10-4)[-2]
    Encounter Strength: (1d100+12)[111]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn lets you know that it would be wise to avoid eating the Ekans, as the risk of getting poisoned isn't worth the upside of a quick snack.

    In response to your question, Carn shrugs meaningfully. "Religion amongst Pokemon is even more widely varied and less organized than amongst humans. What sort of dogma that Ekans holds so much faith in is a question only he could answer."

    As you travel, the air gradually becomes less damn the farther you get from Port Tidings' coastal environment. The sun has begun to set, and if you care to look toward the ocean, a beautiful amber-crimson light bathes the horizon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can continue to have this/another conversation if you wish, but you'll make it to nighttime unimpeded.
    Pitch walks in silence, nodding, for perhaps a minute before continuing the conversation.

    "What do you worship Carn?" he asks, trying to get an idea.

    As they arrive at the campsite, Pitch looks for some sticks to start a fire with. He also goes through the camping sack, looking for some sort of bandages. The praying Ekans intruiged him, to say the least. If he finds a pot of some kind, he fills it.

    "Outpet, try to light that wood for me. Thales, fill this up," he says, gesturing to the wood (if found) and handing Thales the bucket.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  11. - Top - End - #821
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas takes in the sight with a wide smile and bright eyes, "Yeah...Orum was always so foggy I guess I never got to see something like this..." Just another wonderful thing his Pokemon journey had opened up for him. Pausing to consider something, he reaches into his bag and withdraws his trusty Pokegear. After fiddling with the menus for a second, he pulls open the camera function and snaps a shot of the setting sun with all three of his Pokemon in frame. "Just something to remember our first day on the road," he admits good naturedly.

    Deciding that was it getting dark, Nikolas sets out his camping supplies and turns in for the night, once again leaving Loki to fly to his heart's content and allowing Praelia to forage. Briefly, he releases his captured Taillows and allows them some Pokefood before returning them for the night.

    Just in case you ask for them:
    Encounter Roll: [roll0]
    Encounter Strength: [roll1]
    Your Pokemon seem to genuinely enjoy the photo op. That will certainly be a great memento a while from now.

    As you set up camp, Praelia again walks off and returns in about ten minutes with enough food for herself and Orobas. Loki flies around, but he's staying closer to you this time than last night. Soon enough, the gang's all asleep except for Loki who's off having fun.

    During the night, Loki comes across a group of Duskull a ways off from your campsite. He interacts with them in some ghost-camaraderie fashion. Together, they terrorize a poor little Ralts. The Duskulls even teach him a new trick in the process!

    When you wake up the next morning, Loki is there but he isn't licking you in the face. Instead, he's demonstrating his new technique, billowing a soft ephemeral flame a short distance, making sure to not let it reach anything flammable.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently, <0 encounter + >100 difficulty = free bags of exp.
    Loki gains 250 EXP and learns Will-O-Wisp (as an egg move)!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #822
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch walks in silence, nodding, for perhaps a minute before continuing the conversation.

    "What do you worship Carn?" he asks, trying to get an idea.

    As they arrive at the campsite, Pitch looks for some sticks to start a fire with. He also goes through the camping sack, looking for some sort of bandages. The praying Ekans intruiged him, to say the least. If he finds a pot of some kind, he fills it.

    "Outlet, try to light that wood for me. Thales, fill this up," he says, gesturing to the wood (if found) and handing Thales the bucket.
    Carn's gaze is unwavering as he states plainly, "I worship nothing."

    The camping sack includes a rudimentary first aid kit, complete with a handful of bandages. You rummage about a bit and come across a discarded pail from some previous camper, and Thales obligingly fills it up with water.

    Outlet works on creating a spark, but can't quite seem to channel his electricity into a focused point. Carn heads over and instructs him a bit, and Outlet is at last able to light the fire. At the sound and burst of light, a few Murkrow leap out of a nearby tree and fly off.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    The thought of Loki being capable of burning everything in sight worried Nikolas but deciding a more diversified move-pool could only be helpful to the team, Nikolas shrugs down his worries and compliments Loki on his newly acquired technique. "Good job, Loki! I guess you got stronger all of a sudden without me even noticing huh?" Smiling boradly, Nikolas returns his camping set into its packaged state and gets ready for another day in the woods. Xylo was close, and if nothing occurred on the road they would be at their destination by tomorrow or so.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    The thought of Loki being capable of burning everything in sight worried Nikolas but deciding a more diversified move-pool could only be helpful to the team, Nikolas shrugs down his worries and compliments Loki on his newly acquired technique. "Good job, Loki! I guess you got stronger all of a sudden without me even noticing huh?" Smiling boradly, Nikolas returns his camping set into its packaged state and gets ready for another day in the woods. Xylo was close, and if nothing occurred on the road they would be at their destination by tomorrow or so.
    Fairly soon after you set out for the day, you realize that you're coming up on the designated area for the Trapinch swarm. The sounds of various trainers yelling reaches you from the east.

    "There's so many of them!"
    "What do you think they want?"
    "Who cares? They're just asking to be caught!"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "I guess we weren't the only ones to read the report..." Thinking on it, it did make a lot of sense for trainers to crowd around 'swarm' locations, especially if it meant easy captures and potential aid nearby in case something went wrong. Turning to his own team he smiles, "Maybe we should go check it out. I kind of want to see who ends up catching that 'shiny' Pokemon..." Even if the 'shinies' weren't more or less powerful the idea of an interestingly coated Pokemon intrigued him somewhat. And if he was lucky, there was a chance he could catch one of the Trapinch that nobody else wanted.

    Reading both a Pokeball and his Pokedex, Nikolas leads his team toward the epicenter of noise in high hopes.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn's gaze is unwavering as he states plainly, "I worship nothing."

    The camping sack includes a rudimentary first aid kit, complete with a handful of bandages. You rummage about a bit and come across a discarded pail from some previous camper, and Thales obligingly fills it up with water.

    Outlet works on creating a spark, but can't quite seem to channel his electricity into a focused point. Carn heads over and instructs him a bit, and Outlet is at last able to light the fire. At the sound and burst of light, a few Murkrow leap out of a nearby tree and fly off.
    Pitch nods towards Carn as he helps the young Shinx, glad for the help.

    "Shovel, come here."

    The mole stops digging out a burrow for itself and waddles over, claws dragging on the ground.

    "I'm going to let out the Ekans right there," he says, pointing. "I want you to burrow below. If you feel a sudden movement, I want you to use that new move. Understand?"

    The Drilbur nods, disappearing underground.

    Pitch pulls out the Ekans Pokeballs, releasing them where he had gestured to the Drilbur.

    "Hello," he says, completely unarmed, relying on Shovel if they decide to attack.

    "You're siblings, right?" he says, gesturing between the two. "That's nice, it really is. Now, you have two choices. I can bandage you up a bit, try to fix those nasty cuts. Might even give you some food, who knows? The other choice is you go back in the Pokeballs right now. Your choice," he says, still unarmed, grinning more than a man trying to talk to two toxic snakes should.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to be referring to the Sneasel as Sicarius from now on because it's easier to type.


    Sicarius seems pretty nonplussed by your description of the berries. He grins at your gratitude. "Don't mention it, Bub. As for the whole being able to talk thing, I guess I'm just special like that. Ain't no rules against that, are there? And hey, if there are? Exception to the rule, right here," he says, pointing at himself, smiling.
    Leo smiles broadly at the confident pokemon. I guess not. My name is Leo by the way, and these are my friends Piri Piri, Nightlock, and Beula. Where are you from? Surely not the nature preserve?

    Piri Piri walks over to the sneseal and offer him a handful of the berries. Maka?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  18. - Top - End - #828
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "I guess we weren't the only ones to read the report..." Thinking on it, it did make a lot of sense for trainers to crowd around 'swarm' locations, especially if it meant easy captures and potential aid nearby in case something went wrong. Turning to his own team he smiles, "Maybe we should go check it out. I kind of want to see who ends up catching that 'shiny' Pokemon..." Even if the 'shinies' weren't more or less powerful the idea of an interestingly coated Pokemon intrigued him somewhat. And if he was lucky, there was a chance he could catch one of the Trapinch that nobody else wanted.

    Reading both a Pokeball and his Pokedex, Nikolas leads his team toward the epicenter of noise in high hopes.
    As you get closer to the swarm, the full magnitude of this event starts to dawn on you. You hear about a dozen people attempting to coordinate with each other. More than that, though, a persistent buzzing grows louder the closer you get.

    When you break the tree line into the clearing where everything is taking place, it becomes clear that this Trapinch swarm isn't just Trapinches. Some larger yellowish pokemon are roaming around and a handful of large green ones are flying through the air, serving as some combination of generals and protectors.

    Most of the other trainers there don't notice your arrival, but a nearby girl does wave you over.

    "Hey, come join the fun!" Then she turns back to the battle and shouts, "Another fireball, Voren!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a MAP! (This is about a quarter of the actual battlefield, just for scope's sake.) Normal battle rules apply with you just having 1 command/attack and whatnot per turn.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #829
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch nods towards Carn as he helps the young Shinx, glad for the help.

    "Shovel, come here."

    The mole stops digging out a burrow for itself and waddles over, claws dragging on the ground.

    "I'm going to let out the Ekans right there," he says, pointing. "I want you to burrow below. If you feel a sudden movement, I want you to use that new move. Understand?"

    The Drilbur nods, disappearing underground.

    Pitch pulls out the Ekans Pokeballs, releasing them where he had gestured to the Drilbur.

    "Hello," he says, completely unarmed, relying on Shovel if they decide to attack.

    "You're siblings, right?" he says, gesturing between the two. "That's nice, it really is. Now, you have two choices. I can bandage you up a bit, try to fix those nasty cuts. Might even give you some food, who knows? The other choice is you go back in the Pokeballs right now. Your choice," he says, still unarmed, grinning more than a man trying to talk to two toxic snakes should.
    Upon being released, the female Ekans is still on the edge of unconsciousness, barely able to stay up. The brother's instant reaction is to console her, but he stops short because he senses any sudden moves could spell the end for both of them.

    The sister probably can't even hear you, she's so close to gone. The brother, however, does seem to process what you're saying. He looks over at his sister meaningfully and hisses something softly to her. Then he curls up once again and says something to Carn.

    Carn turns to you and translates, "He asks that you take care of his sister first."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Upon being released, the female Ekans is still on the edge of unconsciousness, barely able to stay up. The brother's instant reaction is to console her, but he stops short because he senses any sudden moves could spell the end for both of them.

    The sister probably can't even hear you, she's so close to gone. The brother, however, does seem to process what you're saying. He looks over at his sister meaningfully and hisses something softly to her. Then he curls up once again and says something to Carn.

    Carn turns to you and translates, "He asks that you take care of his sister first."
    Pitch nods, starting to unroll some gauze.

    "Good choice. Shovel, I'm going to step out here. Don't attack," he says to nobody in particular.

    Pitch takes the female snake, trying to be as gentle as possible, bandaging up the wounds. He was no doctor, but at least he could keep the snake from bleeding out. He tries to calm it, trying to mutter consoling things. When he finishes, he turns to the male.

    "Your turn," he says, giving it the same treatment. When finished, he steps back from the snakes.

    "I caught the two of you, which makes you my Pokemon, understand?" he says, looking at the two of them. "Me and my Pokemon, we're a family. We keep our family safe, but everybody else is an enemy. Do you understand?" If they answer in the negative, he has Carn translate before continuing.

    "If you stay with us, we'll keep you safe, keep you fed. You can stay together. You can even remain out of your Pokeball when we're in the wilderness. All you have to do is follow my commands. Can you do that?" he says, staring at the male moreso than the female.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Female: (2d3)[4]
    Male: (2d3)[3]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nodding absentmindedly at the girl, Nikolas moves closer cautiously. He had honestly never seen so many Pokemon in once place at the same time ever before so this was something of a spectacle. Decided on the safety of his Pokemon he orders, "Loki, hang back in case they to attack and come to me when I call for you, okay? Praelia, stand by me and cover for Orobas in case I need to return him."

    Turning to his last but most faithful Pokemon he calls out, "Orobas, use Hidden Power on the lot of them."

    Turn
    Nikolas moves to D7 and Orobas moves in to C8 to unleash a Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on F5.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (2d8+19)[33]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  22. - Top - End - #832
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo smiles broadly at the confident pokemon. I guess not. My name is Leo by the way, and these are my friends Piri Piri, Nightlock, and Beula. Where are you from? Surely not the nature preserve?

    Piri Piri walks over to the sneseal and offer him a handful of the berries. Maka?
    Sicarius gives you a loose salute and says, "Nice to meet you, Sarge. And you guys, and you, Miss," he says to Buela. "I am Sicarius. Hah, the nature preserve? Ain't no preserve tight enough to hold me, no Sir. I'm from up north, near the place you call Gateway."

    When Piri Piri offers him the berries, Sicarius plucks one up and throws it high into the air. He has time to say, "Thanks, Chief!" to Piri Piri before snatching the berry out of the air. Then he turns to you and says, "So you're gonna be traveling soon, huh? Mind if I tag along?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #833
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch nods, starting to unroll some gauze.

    "Good choice. Shovel, I'm going to step out here. Don't attack," he says to nobody in particular.

    Pitch takes the female snake, trying to be as gentle as possible, bandaging up the wounds. He was no doctor, but at least he could keep the snake from bleeding out. He tries to calm it, trying to mutter consoling things. When he finishes, he turns to the male.

    "Your turn," he says, giving it the same treatment. When finished, he steps back from the snakes.

    "I caught the two of you, which makes you my Pokemon, understand?" he says, looking at the two of them. "Me and my Pokemon, we're a family. We keep our family safe, but everybody else is an enemy. Do you understand?" If they answer in the negative, he has Carn translate before continuing.

    "If you stay with us, we'll keep you safe, keep you fed. You can stay together. You can even remain out of your Pokeball when we're in the wilderness. All you have to do is follow my commands. Can you do that?" he says, staring at the male moreso than the female.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Female: [roll0]
    Male: [roll1]
    Thanks to your patchwork field medicine, the female Ekans is able to regain her wits. She seems quite enamored with the possibility of joining your team, her tail rattling eagerly as you speak.

    The male is much more stoic in his response, only occasionally blinking while you explain the situation. They do both seem to understand, at least. When you're done, he slowly looks over to his sister. From what you can pick up, it looks like she's fully in favor of joining your team. He gives her a nod and a smile, then turns back toward you.

    His response, though it's in his tongue, is unmistakably a positive one.

    While the female Ekans slithers up to you happily, you notice her brother uttering a few low hisses with his eyes closed. You take note that Carn happens to be close enough to have heard whatever it was he said.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-09 at 01:25 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #834
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nodding absentmindedly at the girl, Nikolas moves closer cautiously. He had honestly never seen so many Pokemon in once place at the same time ever before so this was something of a spectacle. Decided on the safety of his Pokemon he orders, "Loki, hang back in case they to attack and come to me when I call for you, okay? Praelia, stand by me and cover for Orobas in case I need to return him."

    Turning to his last but most faithful Pokemon he calls out, "Orobas, use Hidden Power on the lot of them."

    Turn
    Nikolas moves to D7 and Orobas moves in to C8 to unleash a Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on F5.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[27]
    The cacophony of the battlefield is patently clear now that you're in on the action. Trainers screaming over each other and the general buzzing coming from the Vibrava, the few Flygon looking like world beaters biding their time until they can strike, and Trapinch after Trapinch falling to the collective onslaught, only to be replaced by two more. And to top it all off, you feel compelled to stay in this fight. There will be no running away on this day. Time to dig in, soldier. It's war.

    Orobas launches your team's first strike, landing a powerful blow at the heart of the nearest cluster of foes. The ones who were previously damaged stay down, while the healthy ones manage to get back up. For better or worse, Orobas has established your side as a legitimate component. "Good shot, friend!"

    From across the battlefield, you hear another voice boom. "Yeah, real nice. But check this out!" A sizable ice cream cone looking pokemon in front of her lets loose a light blue blast of frosty energy that races through the heart of the clustered pokemon. It leaves behind a sizable wake of destruction in its path--but as a result, one of the Flygons decides to respond in kind. With an ear-splitting roar, it lifts up massive chunks of the earth and slides them directly into the offending pokemon, sending it flying back into the girl. "Holy--"

    As the rest of the battle rages on, attacks and poke balls flying every which way, the nearest Trapinch that survived Orobas's blast takes exception to the attack and shuffles toward you guys. Since you're in the way, it seems to have no problem starting with you. It chomps into you with its giant vicegrip of a mouth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC2 (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[27]


    In the brief moment that you're distracted dodging the attack, a whole new wave of Trapinch replaces the previous one's fallen soldiers. The Vibrava shuffle around a bit, and the Flygon continue to fly overhead, watching.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-09 at 01:18 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Narrowly dodging the hungry jaws of the ant-like Pokemon, Nikolas calls on his reserve Pokemon to save the day. "Praelia, time for you to come in." Ready at his call, Praelia launches herself at the nearby Trapinch and gives it what for.

    Praelia
    Shift to E6 and use Mach Punch (Fighting) on Tr.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (1d12+20)[21]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  26. - Top - End - #836
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Narrowly dodging the hungry jaws of the ant-like Pokemon, Nikolas calls on his reserve Pokemon to save the day. "Praelia, time for you to come in." Ready at his call, Praelia launches herself at the nearby Trapinch and gives it what for.

    Praelia
    Shift to E6 and use Mach Punch (Fighting) on Tr.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+23)[26]
    Praelia's attack hits almost before the words are fully off your tongue. The Trapinch slumps over, defeated.

    Her deft dispatching of the Trapinch may have drawn some unwanted attention, however. The closest Vibrava sidles on over and makes an unexpected attack that catches Praelia off-guard, but doesn't look to do all that much damage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Faint (Is that meant to be "Feint?") Attack!
    (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+23)[26]
    +16 more on the crit, bah.


    Elsewhere, you hear cries of pain and bellows of victory, which all mix together into one jumbled mess.

    The trainers to the east seem to be losing some ground. "Greg! Earl's in trouble!"

    "Kind of busy myself, with the whole NOT DYING THING!"

    The trainer just a bit to the north is in considerably more trouble, having taken down a Vibrava but now with one of the Flygons bearing down on him. "Axel, no holding back now!" The mole-like pokemon with drills on its head and hands launches the full weight of its body into the Flygon. Before you can process how that turns out, though, Praelia shouts, "Nikolas! Look!"

    It's quite obvious what she's pointing at. Amidst the latest wave of Trapinch is one that's not quite like the others--it's literally gleaming gold!

    "DIBS!" shouts the trainer on the other side, but she's quickly stifled by a stream of draconic energy.

    Now the war has shifted into a race--everyone's trying their hardest to cut a path to the shiny Trapinch.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-09 at 01:43 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Perhaps it is the energy in the air, or the adrenaline coursing through his veins but suddenly Nikolas finds himself afflicted with an intense desire to win. Breathing in and out excitedly he calls on Orobas for another blast of energy, "Orobas, you know what to do." Sensing his trainer's thoughts, Orobas stumbles closer still to the crowd of Pokemon and unleashes yet another wave of draconic energy. "Praelia, stay back and conserve your strength for now."

    When the wave of energy clears, Nikolas draws closer and uses the momentum of his movement to throw his Ultra Ball.

    Orobas
    Shift to E7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on H4.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (2d8+19)[21]

    Nikolas
    Shift to F7 and throw an Ultra Ball at the shiny pokemon.
    Capture Roll: (1d100-12)[14]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps it is the energy in the air, or the adrenaline coursing through his veins but suddenly Nikolas finds himself afflicted with an intense desire to win. Breathing in and out excitedly he calls on Orobas for another blast of energy, "Orobas, you know what to do." Sensing his trainer's thoughts, Orobas stumbles closer still to the crowd of Pokemon and unleashes yet another wave of draconic energy. "Praelia, stay back and conserve your strength for now."

    When the wave of energy clears, Nikolas draws closer and uses the momentum of his movement to throw his Ultra Ball.

    Orobas
    Shift to E7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on H4.
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

    Nikolas
    Shift to F7 and throw an Ultra Ball at the shiny pokemon.
    Capture Roll: [roll2]
    Orobas's attack is potent enough to finish off a group of weakened enemies as well as whittle down the shiny Trapinch a bit. Everyone is winding up to throw a Poke Ball at it, but your arm proves the fastest. Your Ultra Ball gets there just a few fractions of a second before the next three, which all whiff past the now-vacant space.

    All eyes are on the Ultra Ball as it rattles around on the ground. Each shake of the ball seems to be punctuated by an audible gasp from human and pokemon alike across the battlefield. Eventually, it clicks shut, and a cheer erupts from the nearby trainers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a shiny Trapinch!
    Male, level 13
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Nature: Brave
    HP 5
    ATK 10 (+2)
    DEF 5
    SATK 5
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 1 (-2)
    HP: 60%
    Color: Glimmering Gold


    "Whoa, you caught it!"
    "Ah yeah! Way to go, man!"
    "Dang it. I called dibs!"

    The trainer next to you has her pokemon dispatch the Vibrava that was lingering beside you. "Nice arm, guy. I'm Cass. What say we mop up the rest of these and call it a day?"

    The swarm is considerably lessened now, and all the trainers advance up toward the heart of the clustered pokemon. The Flygons have left, each picking up a lucky Trapinch to take with them. The Vibrava quickly follow suit. Now only a handful of Trapinch remain.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-09 at 03:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas smiles uncomfortably at all the attention and tries to play it cool but fails horribly. Scratching the back of his head anxiously, he tries to laugh off some of the compliments and redirects their praise to his Pokemon. "I-It's not that big of a deal. My Pokemon did most of the work anyway..." Inside, his heart threatens to beat out of his chest but it subsides long enough for him to call for Loki. "L-Loki, come on out and help." Sensing his trainer's apprehension, Orobas floats the ball over to Nikolas while he bends down to spray Praelia with a Potion. "You did well out there today, sorry I couldn't do this sooner."

    Nikolas
    Potion Use: (2d12+10)[21]

    Loki
    Shift to D7 and use Hypnosis on the Trapinch in D3.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[3] - Base AC of 6

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Thanks to your patchwork field medicine, the female Ekans is able to regain her wits. She seems quite enamored with the possibility of joining your team, her tail rattling eagerly as you speak.

    The male is much more stoic in his response, only occasionally blinking while you explain the situation. They do both seem to understand, at least. When you're done, he slowly looks over to his sister. From what you can pick up, it looks like she's fully in favor of joining your team. He gives her a nod and a smile, then turns back toward you.

    His response, though it's in his tongue, is unmistakably a positive one.

    While the female Ekans slithers up to you happily, you notice her brother uttering a few low hisses with his eyes closed. You take note that Carn happens to be close enough to have heard whatever it was he said.
    Pitch gently happily pats the female on the head, glad to have the two snakes on his team.

    As the snake starts hissing, Pitch looks to Carn for a translation. As he does so, he goes into the pack to find some meat and start chopping it up with his knife, calling Outlet over and feeding the Shinx small cubes of meat. He also puts the pot on the fire, trying to get it to heat up.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •