Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo's cheeks flushed all over again, but this time he held his head high. I won on my first try! Against one of her Arcanines pups, and Piri Piri didn't even get hurt! Thanks, I've been here enough that if I didn't know hou to use the arena, I'd be slower than a slowpoke. Is the growlithe going to be ok?

    Piri Piri walked right up to Leo and held out his hand. Leo grinned, and pulled out a pepper from his pocket and handed it to the little pokemon. You deserve it! Piri Piri, that was absolutely amazing! Piri Piri grinned himself, and greedily ate the pepper and held out his hand for mor. Later, tell you what, I'll have my mom make you some food, and by mew, she is the best cook you will ever meet.

    Looking up at Halle again, Leo said His appetite is bigger than mine, I dread to think what it'll be like when he evolves! If it's ok with Piri Piri, can I use him as my starter? He glanced at the Darumaka, his eyes full of hope.
    Halle is clearly impressed by your connection with Piri Piri. "I think he'd love to be your starter, so long as you keep feeding him well! Allow me a moment to say goodbye, please." She crouches down by the Darumaka and playfully pokes it a few times before laughing and standing back up. "He's all yours, Leo. And the Growlithe will be fine, no need to worry. I think you actually taught my pokemon a thing or two about strategy today. Ah, I have some things for you before you go." She walks off to another part of the gym and returns with a satchel full of unidentified presents. She takes them out one at a time to hand to you with a short explanation.

    "This here's your most important companion aside from your pokemon. It's called a Pokedex, though I'm sure you already knew that. It'll scan and record information about new Pokemon you come across, so be sure to always keep it handy! After all, you can't research everything yourself, can you Leo?

    And this is a Pokegear. It can tell the time, make phone calls, show you where you are, all sorts of things! It's like your own personal assistant, plus it's solar powered so it'll basically always work. Just be sure to charge up before you venture into Elrem Forest, it's always dark in there.

    I also want to make sure you're set on supplies for a bit. Here's three potions, three enriched water bottles, and three pokeballs. Try your best to make each one count, alright?

    And here's a TM for you as well. This one contains Incinerate, a relatively weak but useful long range fire move that will prevent opposing pokemon from being able to eat any berries they were holding onto. You only get one shot with it, so choose wisely!

    Lastly, I have a Cheri Berry for Piri Piri to hold himself. If he ever gets paralyzed, this berry will perk him right up to full speed. Plus it's spicy just the way he likes it.

    Well, that's all the stuff I have for you, Leo. Is there anything else you feel you might need before you set off?"
    Halle flips her hair and looks at you with a pleasant smile.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Zayir nods vigorously and deftly tosses the other two pokeballs back to Jolteon before releasing his Hoothoot. "And so we begin! Ladies first, Miss Noricen." He awaits your move, as does the audience.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    (Spikes hurt anything non-flying, electrified floor hurts anything non-electric, non-steel, non-flying. Both are rough terrain with the same specified exceptions.)
    "Please, Randel, let's try our best." The Magnemite beside her bobbled slightly, beeping as its magnets spun gently, and flew forward into the electric webs that crossed the floor. "Use your Supersonic attack!" Stopping halfway across the battlefield from the Hoothoot, it let off an intense high-pitched sound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to F8, use Supersonic on Hoothoot, with penalty for targeting through rough terrain.

    Acc: (1d20+2)[10]
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Though he was slightly unnerved by the frightening ghost Pokemon, Nikolas did as Avu directed. He aimed his Pokedex at each Pokemon and pushed the appropriate button, letting the device spin and whir a bit before pulling up windows of information about the Pokemon he had just scanned. Looking at the move lists of each Pokemon he could see why Scraggy had been the best match up. Fortunately he had not picked Misdreavus.

    "W-well, I guess I should get going. TMs don't pick themselves up, heh."

    He slung the newly heavy bag over his shoulder and bent down to pick up the Abra to carry in his arms. Judging from the fight, the small Pokemon didn't look like a strong walker.

    "Goodbye Avu, and again, thank you,"
    he said with a small unsure nod.
    Avu returns the nod and waves goodbye as you leave. "Come back when you have enough badges, and we'll have ourselves a real fight!"

    You get outside and are temporarily blinded by the light. Avu keeps his gym fairly dark.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 01:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas climbed down the steps on the platform, settling into the new found weight in his arms with every step, taking care not to shift too suddenly. "Before I take you to the Pokemon Center to heal you, let's check the back for that TM Avu was talking about, okay?"

    The Abra lazily says it's name, "Abra," and melts into Nikolas' arms to get comfortable.

    "Heh, I guess I'll take that as a yes."

    He exits the building and immediately shields his eyes from the sudden appearance of light. Before long though, he reaches the back of the building and begins his search for the TM Avu had hinted at. He puts Orobas down on a comfortable spot along with his bag and begins to search. The sooner he got out of the town the less likely he would have to deal with his father.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 01:16 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Please, Randel, let's try our best." The Magnemite beside her bobbled slightly, beeping as its magnets spun gently, and flew forward into the electric webs that crossed the floor. "Use your Supersonic attack!" Stopping halfway across the battlefield from the Hoothoot, it let off an intense high-pitched sound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to F8, use Supersonic on Hoothoot, with penalty for targeting through rough terrain.

    Acc: (1d20)[7]
    Electricity surges through your Magnemite's body as it floats above the magnetic floor. The electricity seems to give it strength!

    "Watch out, Hoothoot!" Zayir's Hoothoot manages to dodge the stream of sound, and flies on over to your Magnemite, bashing into it with its body.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel's ATK & SATK raised one combat stage!
    Hoothoot moves to F7, Tackle!
    AC 3 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+9)[19] / 2
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas climbed down the steps on the platform, settling into the new found weight in his arms with every step, taking care not to shift too suddenly. "Before I take you to the Pokemon Center to heal you, let's check the back for that TM Avu was talking about, okay?"

    The Abra lazily says it's name, "Abra," and melts into Nikolas' arms to get comfortable.

    "Heh, I guess I'll take that as a yes."

    He exits the building and immediately shields his eyes from the sudden appearance of light. Before long though, he reaches the back of the building and begins his search for the TM Avu had hinted at. He puts Orobas down on a comfortable spot along with his bag and begins to search. The sooner he got out of the town the less likely he would have to deal with his father.
    While you search for the TM, Orobas watches with interest. Some commotion starts taking place on the other side of the gym, but you can't make out what's happening and you're focused on finding this TM. Soon enough, he starts to scan the ground as well, looking for the hidden present. Suddenly, you hear it call out. "Abra!" When you turn around to check on him, you see that he has moved to another spot entirely. A few inches in front of him, you can make out the long thin syringe of a TM.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 01:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo took a deep breath, and prepared himself. Thank you, Halle. Also, I was wondering if I could have yo- At that moment Piri Piri belched loudly, flames shooting from his mouth. And I think Piri Piri just learned incinerate. I really want to use it on him as a thank you gift, so could I have a different one? If not, its alright, I understand. Also, can I visit the safari zone now? As a trainer, not a tourist? I know it's too early for the danger zone, but still. His eyes shone in anticipation.

    Then he got a nervous again. Also, could I ... could I have your pokegear number? He said the second part very fast. You know, in case I have any questions about being a trainer. He flushed bright red again, hoping nobody laughed.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo took a deep breath, and prepared himself. Thank you, Halle. Also, I was wondering if I could have yo- At that moment Piri Piri belched loudly, flames shooting from his mouth. And I think Piri Piri just learned incinerate. I really want to use it on him as a thank you gift, so could I have a different one? If not, its alright, I understand. Also, can I visit the safari zone now? As a trainer, not a tourist? I know it's too early for the danger zone, but still. His eyes shone in anticipation.

    Then he got a nervous again. Also, could I ... could I have your pokegear number? He said the second part very fast. You know, in case I have any questions about being a trainer. He flushed bright red again, hoping nobody laughed.
    "Oh!" Halle gasps at Piri Piri flaming belch. "Why indeed he did. In that case, let me exchange that TM I gave you with this one." She takes it back and pulls out another from her pocket. "This contains Sunny Day, which will make the sun shine especially bright over the battlefield, boosting the power of fire type attacks like that one."

    She hears your question about the Safari Zone and thinks for a second before responding, "I'm sorry Leo, I can't recommend you enter the Safari Zone as a trainer quite yet. Maybe come back when you have a few badges? I'd just hate for you to get hurt in there because I bent the rules to let you in."

    She smiles at your last question. "Of course, Leo. I'm here to help whenever you need advice." You can't tell if she knows why you really asked, but you can bet that everyone else in the gym does.

    "Well, good luck! There's a whole world out there waiting to be found. Keep your pokemon happy and they'll do the same for you. Hope you come back for a real battle someday, Leo."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Randel took the impact head-on, knocked back by the blow. Its steel shell creaked as it drifted backwards, spinning slightly as it tried to recover. Plainly worried, Celeste looked on, but if Supersonic hadn't worked..."Use Tackle!" Randel's single eye slitted slightly as it rushed forward, trying to return the favor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel
    HP: 14/20
    Battle Stages: +1 ATK; +1 SPATK

    Shift to F9, then back to F8, using Tackle on Hoothoot.

    Acc (3): (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[14]
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "NO!" Leia screams as she tries to intervene this time like she did with Mordecai's battle. But she's too late, and your Oshawott thuds into her Cubchoo with vicious force. A collective gasp of horror escapes from the audience, as everyone in the gym can tell that tackle hit especially hard. The Cubchoo flies backwards and starts convulsing on the ground. "No no no no no..." Leia tries everything she can to stabilize it, but the Cubchoo only seems to get worse. Realizing she doesn't have the ability to save it, she rushes it off to the Pokemon Center, telling you simply, "Stay put until I get back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Oshawott receives 100 EXP from the battle murder.
    For a flash of a second, some of the spectators may see a vicious grin flash across the face of Pitch, only to disappear as fast as it came. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light?

    "Thales, return," he says in an angry voice. "I'll deal with you later."

    The new murderer climbs out of the enclosure. "Leader Leia! Wait! I-I'm sorry!" he says, sounding perhaps slightly less torn up than he should. "It was an accident!"

    Of course it wasn't an accident. The whole time Pitch had been thinking Kill, kill, kill. While outwardly he had said not to, that didn't change the fact that that was what he had wanted. This was risky. He only needed to win. Killing the Cubchoo was a mistake. He needed to get out of here....

    But running would be suspicious. A semblance of a plan formed in his head, Pitch sits down, putting his head in his hands. His body shakes in what may be sobbing, but if somebody were to get close enough they'd hear a low chuckle, barely audible, escaping from the trainer's mouth.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 01:42 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas chuckled, embarrassed that his Pokemon had beaten him to the punch yet again. "Thanks Orobas, I don't know where I would be without you." Probably on the run, or joined with Team Ostra. But that didn't really matter right now.

    Gathering the syringe in his hand, he placed it into his bag. He didn't really know what it would teach and knowing him, he would probably mess it up if he tried to use it. He would probably be able to ask about it at the Pokemon Center and see if it suited Orobas.

    "L-let's go see what that commotion is all about, Orobas. Maybe Avu is having trouble with something, we should probably go help him if that's the case." He bends down to sling his bag and pick up Abra before returning to the front of the gym. He would repay his debt to the man yet.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 01:42 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Randel took the impact head-on, knocked back by the blow. Its steel shell creaked as it drifted backwards, spinning slightly as it tried to recover. Plainly worried, Celeste looked on, but if Supersonic hadn't worked..."Use Tackle!" Randel's single eye slitted slightly as it rushed forward, trying to return the favor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel
    HP: 14/20
    Battle Stages: +1 ATK; +1 SPATK

    Shift to F9, then back to F8, using Tackle on Hoothoot.

    Acc (3): (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (2d8+9)[19]
    The crowd shifts their eyes back and forth as the two combatants exchange blows. In another environment, tackle battles would be much less entertaining, but it was a testament to Zayir's showmanship that the crowd was eating this up.

    Following the Magnemite's strike, more electricity courses through it. Sparks start to fly off of it as it gets stronger! "Hoothoot, tackle it again! We don't have long before it gets overwhelmingly powerful!" Unfortunately, the sparks seem to diminish the Hoothoot's will just enough for it to miss it's attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel receives another +1 to ATK and SATK!
    Hoothoot shifts back and forward again, Tackle!
    AC (3) (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (2d8+9)[19] (/2 upon resistance)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 01:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    For a flash of a second, some of the spectators may see a vicious grin flash across the face of Pitch, only to disappear as fast as it came. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light?

    "Thales, return," he says in an angry voice. "I'll deal with you later."

    The new murderer climbs out of the enclosure. "Leader Leia! Wait! I-I'm sorry!" he says, sounding perhaps slightly less torn up than he should. "It was an accident!"

    Of course it wasn't an accident. The whole time Pitch had been thinking Kill, kill, kill. While outwardly he had said not to, that didn't change the fact that that was what he had wanted. This was risky. He only needed to win. Killing the Cubchoo was a mistake. He needed to get out of here....

    But running would be suspicious. A semblance of a plan formed in his head, Pitch sits down, putting his head in his hands. His body shakes in what may be sobbing, but if somebody were to get close enough they'd hear a low chuckle, barely audible, escaping from the trainer's mouth.
    Leia does not say anything, too busy running full speed to the Pokemon Center. As you sit down, the murmurs from the audience grow more intense. You can make out snippets of their discussions. "Can't believe...What is wrong with...Is it actually...What happens now?"

    Some time later, the doors to the gym open once again. Leia slowly walks in, without the Cubchoo in her arms. Her face is contorted in grief and sorrow as she walks past you to the back of the gym. She returns to you with a bag of items like she had given Mordecai, but there was no joy in her voice. She merely dropped the items in front of you in silence.

    First, a pokedex. Then a pokegear. She pockets the TM instead of giving it to you. She gives you the three potions but holds on to the water. She puts a single pokeball down. "Get out." She makes no motion to take your pokeball with Thales in it away. The crowd is utterly silent. No one dares say a thing until you are gone.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Randel flew up, sparks flying as the electricity continued to rush through it. As the Hoothoot's rush barely skimmed past below, it flipped off to one side, magnets spinning wildly with the Pokemon's excitement plain to see. "Again, Randel; Tackle." Celeste gave the order, even as Randel was already moving in again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel
    HP: 14/20
    Battle Stages: +2 ATK [+1]; +2 SPATK [+5]

    Shift to G7 via I9, use Tackle on Hoothoot.

    Acc (3): (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (2d8+9)[22]
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia does not say anything, too busy running full speed to the Pokemon Center. As you sit down, the murmurs from the audience grow more intense. You can make out snippets of their discussions. "Can't believe...What is wrong with...Is it actually...What happens now?"

    Some time later, the doors to the gym open once again. Leia slowly walks in, without the Cubchoo in her arms. Her face is contorted in grief and sorrow as she walks past you to the back of the gym. She returns to you with a bag of items like she had given Mordecai, but there was no joy in her voice. She merely dropped the items in front of you in silence.

    First, a pokedex. Then a pokegear. She pockets the TM instead of giving it to you. She gives you the three potions but holds on to the water. She puts a single pokeball down. "Get out." She makes no motion to take your pokeball with Thales in it away. The crowd is utterly silent. No one dares say a thing until you are gone.
    Pitch takes the bag, silent.

    "I'm sorry," he says, gently patting her on the shoulder as he walks out, trying to seem like he's in grief.

    It was really immature of her, holding rewards back like that. He had won fair and square, and it wasn't his fault Thales had killed the Cubchoo. She should be thanking him. He had removed a weak tool from her possession. He had helped her. He would return someday to repay her rudeness, but today was not that day.

    He exits the Gym without looking back, heading towards the Pokemon Center to get his new 'friend' patched up. He had planned on going straight into the wilds to make him train, but he had done well. He deserved a little reward.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 02:08 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    I'll make sure that I do. Oh, can I try out this contraption on the pokemon you would have used and your Arcanine to make sure it works?

    (Assuming he scans them and then leaves)
    As soon as Leo exits the gym, he gives the berry to Piri Piri. Don't eat it now, save it for when you need it. You'll get fed plenty, I promsie. Hopefully that berry will still be there by the time the day is over. Looks like he's hungry. His stomach growls Aaaand I am too. He heads to the cafe that his mom runs with Piri Piri behind him.

    Cosmic Cafe was a small little establishment. It was famous for its outrageously spicy food, but if you liked it hot, you were in heaven. It brought in enough money for the Blackwells to live relatively comfortably, but they weren't rich by any means.

    Mom you here?

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas chuckled, embarrassed that his Pokemon had beaten him to the punch yet again. "Thanks Orobas, I don't know where I would be without you." Probably on the run, or joined with Team Ostra. But that didn't really matter right now.

    Gathering the syringe in his hand, he placed it into his bag. He didn't really know what it would teach and knowing him, he would probably mess it up if he tried to use it. He would probably be able to ask about it at the Pokemon Center and see if it suited Orobas.

    "L-let's go see what that commotion is all about, Orobas. Maybe Avu is having trouble with something, we should probably go help him if that's the case." He bends down to sling his bag and pick up Abra before returning to the front of the gym. He would repay his debt to the man yet.
    Orobas smiles at you as you pick up the syringe. All you can tell is that the contents have a purplish hue.

    As you walk back to the front of the gym, the shouting gets louder and clearer. Then, for some reason, it stops entirely. Upon reaching the front door, you see that it's shut tight with a few guards standing outside. There is a small crowd gathered, obviously drawn by the ruckus. Most of them look as confused as you are about what's happening.

    "What's going on?" one asks.

    "I have no clue," another answers. "Some guy just barged into the gym saying that he was looking for his son."

    "Seemed dangerous, if you ask me."

    "Nothin' Avu can't handle. Our leader could take on anything."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Randel flew up, sparks flying as the electricity continued to rush through it. As the Hoothoot's rush barely skimmed past below, it flipped off to one side, magnets spinning wildly with the Pokemon's excitement plain to see. "Again, Randel; Tackle." Celeste gave the order, even as Randel was already moving in again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel
    HP: 14/20
    Battle Stages: +2 ATK [+1]; +2 SPATK [+5]

    Shift to G7 via I9, use Tackle on Hoothoot.

    Acc (3): [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    The crowd is going wild as your Magnemite deals another strong blow to the Hoothoot! Just when it looks like your opponent's pokemon is stabilizing itself, the Hoothoot starts twitching uncontrollably in midair. It seems to have lost control of its body! It falls out of the air onto the electrified floor, where it takes further damage. The crowd collectively draws their breath.

    Suddenly, Zayir jumps down from his platform and recalls his Hoothoot before it gets fried. "A thrilling battle! Type advantage has indeed won you this contest, despite your Magnemite not having any electric attacks! Congratulations, Miss Noricen," he says, bowing deeply. "You have won!" He walks over to you and raises your hand in victory for the crowd to applaud.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Randel gets 120 EXP (100 * 1.2) from the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 07:31 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch takes the bag, silent.

    "I'm sorry," he says, gently patting her on the shoulder as he walks out, trying to seem like he's in grief.

    It was really immature of her, holding rewards back like that. He had won fair and square, and it wasn't his fault Thales had killed the Cubchoo. She should be thanking him. He had removed a weak tool from her possession. He had helped her. He would return someday to repay her rudeness, but today was not that day.

    He exits the Gym without looking back, heading towards the Pokemon Center to get his new 'friend' patched up. He had planned on going straight into the wilds to make him train, but he had done well. He deserved a little reward.
    Leia recoils hard when you touch her. She walks away and you can hear her telling the gym that the rest of the battles for today are cancelled as you leave.

    The outside world is remarkably beautiful, a stark contrast to the pall of death that hung over Port Tidings' gym. You enter the Pokemon Center without incident. You can see a few other trainers bustling about and the nurse at the counter looks up at you as you walk in. "How may I help you, sir?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Oh no." Waves of dread rolled down on Nikolas' chest and the sweating was back in full force. He had to get away. Before his father could find him. Before everything was ruined. He turned to leave but stopped. He wanted to scream at his legs to move forward but before he could help it he was determinedly marching back toward the gym.

    Avu had done so much for him in he short amount of time that they had met. Nikolas had initially been afraid of the man but all that had changed the second the psychic opened his mouth. The gym leader he had also given him warm words, encouragement, and a friend that he didn't know he had. More than he could say about his own father.

    He could not leave, would not leave until he helped deal with his father. Sure, Avu could probably take care of himself but Richard Torel was a problem Nikolas Torel had to deal with. He'd spent half his life running and hiding from his father all his life; this was going to change right now.

    "That man who barged in is my father. Please let me in sir. We need to have words"
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 02:28 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I'll make sure that I do. Oh, can I try out this contraption on the pokemon you would have used and your Arcanine to make sure it works?

    (Assuming he scans them and then leaves)
    As soon as Leo exits the gym, he gives the berry to Piri Piri. Don't eat it now, save it for when you need it. You'll get fed plenty, I promsie. Hopefully that berry will still be there by the time the day is over. Looks like he's hungry. His stomach growls Aaaand I am too. He heads to the cafe that his mom runs with Piri Piri behind him.

    Cosmic Cafe was a small little establishment. It was famous for its outrageously spicy food, but if you liked it hot, you were in heaven. It brought in enough money for the Blackwells to live relatively comfortably, but they weren't rich by any means.

    Mom you here?
    "Sure thing, Leo." She releases her pokemon and calls over the Arcanine, who brings the Growlithe. You scan them, and they bid you farewell. You can hear her calling up the next trainer as you leave.

    Piri Piri eyes the berry greedily, but he obeys your orders to stash it away for later.

    You enter your family Cafe during the lull between lunch and dinner. A few loyal customers were in the place chatting about random things, and they wave to you when you walk in. "Back here, son!" your mother calls out from the kitchen.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia recoils hard when you touch her. She walks away and you can hear her telling the gym that the rest of the battles for today are cancelled as you leave.

    The outside world is remarkably beautiful, a stark contrast to the pall of death that hung over Port Tidings' gym. You enter the Pokemon Center without incident. You can see a few other trainers bustling about and the nurse at the counter looks up at you as you walk in. "How may I help you, sir?"
    She cancelled the battles. She's weak. She doesn't understand anything. If all the Gym Leaders are like this, then I'm in luck. All naive fools who will easily fall.

    "Uh, yes," he says, placing Thale's Pokeball on the counter. "Just a quick heal for my friend here."

    Don't mention the Gym, you just killed her muking Cubchoo. Don't brag, don't mention it, don't brag....

    "I just got him. Battled the leader for him and everything. He's a little enthusiatic in battles, but that can be trained out, right?" he says, leaning on the counter as he brags, making conversation.

    Why the muk did I spill that? Needs, not wants. No more bragging. What was the name of the competitor in front of me.... Maximus? Mordimus? Mordecai? Mordecai.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The crowd is going wild as your Magnemite deals another strong blow to the Hoothoot! Just when it looks like your opponent's pokemon is stabilizing itself, the Hoothoot starts twitching uncontrollably in midair. It seems to have lost control of its body! It falls out of the air onto the electrified floor, where it takes further damage. The crowd collectively draws their breath.

    Suddenly, Zayir jumps down from his platform and recalls his Hoothoot before it gets fried. "A thrilling battle! Type advantage has indeed won you this contest, despite your Magnemite not having any electric attacks! Congratulations, Miss Noricen," he says, bowing deeply. "You have won!" He walks over to you and raises your hand in victory for the crowd to applaud.
    Along with Zayir, Randel came flying back to her, headbutting her in its enthusiasm for a hard-fought victory. She catches him in one hand, even as Zayir holds up her other one for the riotous crowd. "Thank you, Randel, she murmured to it, and to Zayir, she added, "And thank you, sir, both for Randel and for allowing me to become a trainer."
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-15 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Clicked the wrong colour...
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "Oh no." Waves of dread rolled down on Nikolas' chest and the sweating was back in full force. He had to get away. Before his father could find him. Before everything was ruined. He turned to leave but stopped. He wanted to scream at his legs to move forward but before he could help it he was determinedly marching back toward the gym.

    Avu had done so much for him in he short amount of time that they had met. Nikolas had initially been afraid of the man but all that had changed the second the psychic opened his mouth. The gym leader he had also given him warm words, encouragement, and a friend that he didn't know he had. More than he could say about his own father.

    He could not leave, would not leave until he helped deal with his father. Sure, Avu could probably take care of himself but Richard Torel was a problem Nikolas Torel had to deal with. He'd spent half his life running and hiding from his father all his life; this was going to change right now.

    "That man who barged in is my father. Please let me in sir. We need to have words"
    "Are you Nikolas? Master Sylum told me to give you this." The guard hands you a note. It reads:

    Nikolas, don't worry about me. I can handle your father. I invited here so that I could detain him while you made your departure. If you need anything else from your house, this is your chance. Your first pokemon's pokeball, perhaps?

    Your father is something you will have to deal with eventually, but today is not that day. I wanted to make sure you had the chance to grow stronger before you grappled with that particular demon.

    I do have a small favor to ask of you, though. A little while ago, a young man attempted to burglarize my gym. I believe he also murdered his mother before disappearing. If you happen to come across him on your travels, please let me know.

    [A hand drawn picture labeled "Steven Atratus"]

    Farewell, Nikolas. Until we meet again,

    Avu Sylum."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Don't touch anything Piri. He then took the pokemon to the back room, inhaling deeply. He loved the smell of this place, and it was as much of a home to him as his bedroom was.

    Mom I passed! he yelled when he saw her. On my first try too. Halle said that it's too early for me to go to the Safari zone, but I passed. I'm a leauge member now! Oh and this is Piri Piri, the Darumaka I told you about. He did a great job, and I told him he could have some of your spicy tea. He rambled, before having to take a deep breath from lack of oxygen.

    Leo glanced back to see if the Darumaka had followed him in.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 02:56 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    She cancelled the battles. She's weak. She doesn't understand anything. If all the Gym Leaders are like this, then I'm in luck. All naive fools who will easily fall.

    "Uh, yes," he says, placing Thale's Pokeball on the counter. "Just a quick heal for my friend here."

    Don't mention the Gym, you just killed her muking Cubchoo. Don't brag, don't mention it, don't brag....

    "I just got him. Battled the leader for him and everything. He's a little enthusiatic in battles, but that can be trained out, right?" he says, leaning on the counter as he brags, making conversation.

    Why the muk did I spill that? Needs, not wants. No more bragging. What was the name of the competitor in front of me.... Maximus? Mordimus? Mordecai? Mordecai.
    The nurse looks amused by your bravado. No doubt she hears various degrees of it every single day. I shall heal your friend right away, Sir. And here are a few potions on the house, since you just became a new trainer and all, Mister...what'd you say your name was? she asks as she hands you two potions.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    In retrospection, Nikolas probably had been planning to enter the gym half cocked. He smiled though, happy that Avu had yet again given him another chance. To think, he had almost forgotten his prized memento. He didn't want to know how Avu had known about it, but thought it better than to ask too many questions.

    He crumples the note, as well as the picture, and stuffs it into his pants pocket. The bit about the murderer was worrying but it wasn't as if Avu was sending him in to fight the man. He internalized the picture, to ready himself in case he ever saw the man. Finished with that, Nikolas looks down at the bundle in his arms and speaks to Orobas, "Good news. You'll get to see my house after all."

    Without risking being caught by his father, Nikolas returned to the grand, if dusty home, that had been in his father's family for generations. No one lived there anymore, saved he and his father, and until they had moved back in, there were rumors going around that the building was haunted. The creaking and groaning of the ancient plumbing did not do much to help in that regard. Sometimes he wondered if the house really was haunted. But if he really had to say, a lot of the houses in Orum seemed to be haunted. A side-effect of living in a Pokemon graveyard he supposed. Luckily he had Orobas to help him out.

    Sensing his trainer's apprehension, Orobas yips its name excitedly, allaying Nikolas' fears yet again.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 02:59 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Along with Zayir, Randel came flying back to her, headbutting her in its enthusiasm for a hard-fought victory. She catches him in one hand, even as Zayir holds up her other one for the riotous crowd. "Thank you, Randel, she murmured to it, and to Zayir, she added, "And thank you, sir, both for Randel and for allowing me to become a trainer."
    "Why, don't thank me, you've earned it! It is all of us who should thank you for a great show today. But please allow me to part ways with young Randel here." Zayir bends over to tell your Magnemite, "You're destined for great things, Randel. So long as you stick with Miss Noricen here!" Then he excuses himself to go grab some parting gifts from backstage. He returns and hands you one thing at a time, accompanied by enthusiastic explanations.

    "This is a Pokedex! You just point, click, and bam! Info about whatever pokemon you've happened to come across. It takes a bit of time to warm up, but all great ones do! Be sure to constantly use it, as you'll find the knowledge is invaluable to any growing trainer.

    And this flashy item is a Pokegear. It is a watch, a phone, and a map among other things. Consult it whenever you need a little help scheduling a show or finding one. Never be late, dear! The trick to proper showmanship is to always be early, in case something goes drastically wrong.

    Here are some items for the road as well. Three potions to patch your pokemon up, three bottles of enriched water to quench your thirst, and three pokeballs to add more members to your lineup!

    Of course, this little guy will be your headliner. So here's a metronome to help him perfect his act. Practice makes perfect, Randel!

    And finally, here's a TM to help you out. It contains Thunder Wave, a magnificent move for any rising star.

    I do hope you come back someday for an even more thrilling battle, Miss Noricen. Until then!
    " He bows deeply to you.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Don't touch anything Piri. He then took the pokemon to the back room, inhaling deeply. He loved the smell of this place, and it was as much of a home to him as his bedroom was.

    Mom I passed! he yelled when he saw her. On my first try too. Halle said that it's too early for me to go to the Safari zone, but I passed. I'm a leauge member now! Oh and this is Piri Piri, the Darumaka I told you about. He did a great job, and I told him he could have some of your spicy tea. He rambled, before having to take a deep breath from lack of oxygen.

    Leo glanced back to see if the Darumaka had followed him in.
    Your mother is positively beaming back at you and runs over to hug you, knocking over a bowl of some peppers on the way. "That's wonderful, darling! I'm so proud of you. Spicy tea, coming right up." She rushes over to whip up some tea for your Darumaka, who already has his hands full of the peppers on the floor. He looks up at you. "Maka?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 03:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai noted that Kamoho didn't bite /her/. Huh. So maybe it was a trust issue. Still, that'd be something to work towards... and now there'd be time. Phew!

    He accepted the pokedex gratefully, looking over both it and the pokegear. Ironically, the latter he didn't need too much - being a ranger, he already had similar built into his styler - but he knew he could link the two anyway.

    Potions reminded him - he had to take care to ensure he wouldn't run out of money, or his journey would get exceptionally difficult.

    Mordecai noticed that Kamoho noticed the berry - pretty much exclusively. Sour foods, then. Yeesh.

    "Thank you, Leia!" He glanced at the TM. "Never heard of... uh, raining dance before. Kamoho definitely needs to head to the pokemon centre, though."

    It was all he could do to make his walk to the pokemon centre merely a walk and not a mad dash.

    ~~

    "H-hello! Can you help my totodile?"

    Mordecai reached towards his pokemon, but did catch the mischevious smirk. Expecting another bite, he instead paused. "You need me to return him, right?"

    "Yes, please. It does expedite healing."

    He then instead returned the pokemon, bypassing biting for the precise instant.

    "Oh, I see you have a TM. From Leia, right?"

    "Yeah."

    "Would you like me to apply it? It's much safer to have them applied in pokemon centres."

    Mordecai... hadn't realized that. "Oh. Yes please, then."

    After the healing, the nurse handed Mordecai his pokemon back. He released Kamoho who watched him idly.

    "Please hold him steady."

    Mordecai knelt. "Okay, Kamoho! Leia gave us a TM. It may hurt a bit, but I need you t- "

    Granted... he should've probably expected the totodile to latch onto his arm. He was already getting a pretty good feel for when that was about to happen.

    The nurse raised an eyebrow, however, as Mordecai didn't remove his hand. "Okay, he's ready." His voice was only slightly shaky.

    She watched for a few more moments - the totodile seemed quite content biting Mordecai's arm pretty hard. Trainers nowdays... Shrugging, she prepared to administer the TM when she heard a commotion outside. Mordecai turned as well - was that... Leia? Why was she coming in here?

    Kamoho, jaw still on Mordecai's arm, watched as well.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •