New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

The vine connects heavily with Dilos, but his thick scales absorb the brunt of the assault, causing him to be barely *hurt more than his sibling.

As the spores connect, Inigan dozes off, falling into the realm of sleep. Dilos stays standing, his conviction to defend his sibling keeping him up.

Pitch looks at the Tangela. It hit hard; a vine would be Resisted by a Poison type, and it still did fair damage. The other had been able to blast them with sleep.

These might actually be useful for more than rope.

"Dilos, protect your sibling,"
    Pitch says, reaching into his bag for a Pokeball.

The Ekans sends a paralyzing stare at the one who had attacked, hopefully stopping it in its tracks. He needed to buy time until his sister awoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleep Save: (1d20)[9]

Glare AC: 6, (1d20)[7]

I'll be using it on the Poisoned one.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo nods in agreement. Knowledge is power. With a good strategy, you can win fights that might lose normally. And I'd love it if you would come with me Sicarius, but I hope you like spicy food.

Leo pulls out his last pokeball, and offers it to the sneseal.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Sicarius shrugs. "Eh, I got nothing against it." He steps up to the ball and gives it a tap, letting it pull him in. "Later, Gator." The Pokeball settles in your hand easily and shuts with a click.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Sneasel! (Sicarius)
    Male, level 12
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Composed
    HP 6
    ATK 10
    DEF 6
    SATK 4
    SDEF 8
    SPEED 12
    Intelligence 6, knows Avalanche as an Egg Move.

3. - Top - End - #873

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Uncomfortable with the situation, Nikolas merely nods and accepts the food without much fuss. There wasn't much sense in complaining about food, least of all when it was being offered for free. And in that respect, he was grateful. Having taken care of the household affairs he could respect someone who took joy in their ability, cooking especially. He was proud of his own ability to clean and organize but cooking remained one of those nebulous chores that he could never fully grasp. Rather than speak his opinion on the matter, he instead says, "It will be a fine meal, I am sure."
    "At least someone appreciates my hard work!" Earl exclaims.

Greg walks up and says, "Oh put a sock in it, E. Hey Cass, where are we going after this, anyway?"

She shrugs. "Haven't thought that far ahead, to be honest." She turns to you and asks, "How about you, Nikolas? Where are you headed?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-10 at 02:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #874

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The vine connects heavily with Dilos, but his thick scales absorb the brunt of the assault, causing him to be barely *hurt more than his sibling.

As the spores connect, Inigan dozes off, falling into the realm of sleep. Dilos stays standing, his conviction to defend his sibling keeping him up.

Pitch looks at the Tangela. It hit hard; a vine would be Resisted by a Poison type, and it still did fair damage. The other had been able to blast them with sleep.

These might actually be useful for more than rope.

"Dilos, protect your sibling,"
    Pitch says, reaching into his bag for a Pokeball.

The Ekans sends a paralyzing stare at the one who had attacked, hopefully stopping it in its tracks. He needed to buy time until his sister awoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleep Save: [roll0]

Glare AC: 6, [roll1]

I'll be using it on the Poisoned one.
    As Inigan continues to sleep, Dilos's stare seems to penetrate straight to the Tangela's soul, rooting it to the ground even more than it already was. When it tries to move, all it can manage is a labored cough from the poison coursing through its veins.

Seeing one of its mates downed and another thoroughly crippled, the last Tangela decides that this is a losing battle and flees into the trees.

Your Pokedex beeps for your attention and tells you all the information it has on Tangela.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch grins at the helpless Tangela.

"Well done Dolis," he says, lobbing the Pokeball at the hurt, Poisoned, and Paralyzed Tangela. If this didn't catch, he'd only have one Pokeball left if he caught the thing....

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+5)[84]

Show

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yours is new to me too." Mordecai utilized his 'dex as he noted Kamoho - who attempted to dodge, but to no avail. Ouch. "Kamoho! Give him a chomp!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho moves to G-5
    Kamoho uses scratch!

Attack roll: (1d20)[5]
    Damage roll: (1d12+13)[18]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Sicarius shrugs. "Eh, I got nothing against it." He steps up to the ball and gives it a tap, letting it pull him in. "Later, Gator." The Pokeball settles in your hand easily and shuts with a click.
    Leo released Sicarius, and beamed at him. Welcome to the family Sicarius. Now let's get these berries back to the shopkeeper.

When they're ready to go, Leo picks up the fainted Simipour, and goes to the pokemon center. He had used mew knows how many pokeballs on that pokemon, he was going to catch it.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

8. - Top - End - #878

Pitch grins at the helpless Tangela.

"Well done Dolis," he says, lobbing the Pokeball at the hurt, Poisoned, and Paralyzed Tangela. If this didn't catch, he'd only have one Pokeball left if he caught the thing....

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Completely unable to move, the Tangela gets hit square in the face by your poke ball, which pulls it in. Yet despite being poisoned and paralyzed, the Tangela somehow puts up enough of a fight to break out of the ball, sending the remnants flying off into the night.

It tries its best to move toward you, then away from you, then anywhere at all, but it's all futile. The thing is still stuck in place, entirely helpless.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch frowns. The thing could barely move. If he just KOed it, the Tangela would slowly succumb to the Poison, so that wouldn't work. If he wasted a Pokeball that would leave only one for the Charmander. But Tangela could be useful; just the two attacks it had done had been devastating. Once again, Pitch rears back and lobs the ball at the Tangela.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+5)[47]

Show

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yours is new to me too." Mordecai utilized his 'dex as he noted Kamoho - who attempted to dodge, but to no avail. Ouch. "Kamoho! Give him a chomp!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho moves to G-5
    Kamoho uses scratch!

Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

Kamoho's attack hits home, and Preston's pokemon recoils noticeably.

"Whoa! Okay, so that's a 'Totodile.' Alright, Yamiyugi, evade and multiply!"

The pokemon--your pokedex lets you know it's called a 'Yanma'--flies over the nearby ditch and suddenly, splits itself into four copies!

Spoiler
    Show
    Double Team!
    (+2 to AC when attacking any of 'em)

11. - Top - End - #881

Pitch frowns. The thing could barely move. If he just KOed it, the Tangela would slowly succumb to the Poison, so that wouldn't work. If he wasted a Pokeball that would leave only one for the Charmander. But Tangela could be useful; just the two attacks it had done had been devastating. Once again, Pitch rears back and lobs the ball at the Tangela.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    This time, the Tangela's unable to fight its way out of the Pokeball and after a few shakes and jumps, it clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Tangela!
    Female, Level 10.
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Nature: Gentle
    HP 7
    ATK 6
    DEF 12 (-2)
    SATK 10
    SDEF 4 (+2)
    SPEED 6
    HP 12%, Poisoned, Paralyzed
    This also creates the tricky situation where you have 7 Pokemon with you. For now, you may release/interact with any of them out of combat, but I suppose just refrain from using the Tangela in any combat situations. You'll also have to feed her, except she's a Phototroph so that's kind of a moot point. Hooray!

With the last of the threat dealt with, Inigan finally wakes up.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Inigan & Dilos each receive (3*30*10) / 2 = 450 EXP!

12. - Top - End - #882

Leo released Sicarius, and beamed at him. Welcome to the family Sicarius. Now let's get these berries back to the shopkeeper.

When they're ready to go, Leo picks up the fainted Simipour, and goes to the pokemon center. He had used mew knows how many pokeballs on that pokemon, he was going to catch it.
    "Huh. So that's what those feel like. Interesting." The other Pokemon nod in agreement at the comment.

Cradling the Simipour in your arms, you arrive in town just in time to see the man from before mount his Salamence and fly off. There's a small crowd gathered at the gate to admire the sight, and when he's gone you take his place in front of those peering eyes. One concerned looking young woman steps forward and says, "Oh no! Is that poor little Simipour alright?"

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch walks over, picking up the Tangela's Pokeball. It would come in handy, that was for sure. He looks somewhat reluctantly at sole remaining Pokeball; only one to try to catch the Charmander with.

Pitch turns to the two victorious snakes.

"You two fought well. It was good of you to take that blow for Inigan Dilos; protect your family before all else. Family is key, is it not?" he muses to himself. "Anyways, you two can rest now. Well, Inigan can rest more," he says sarcastically.. "Curl up wherever; the tent is fine if you want it. The two of you did well tonight," Pitch says, heading over to the unconscious Tangela. Who knows, maybe it'd be good for something?

"Try to keep an eye on this one if you can. Might be good for something."

And with that, Pitch heads in to wake Carn for his watch, making sure to notify him about the unconscious Tangela.

Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh. So that's what those feel like. Interesting." The other Pokemon nod in agreement at the comment.

Cradling the Simipour in your arms, you arrive in town just in time to see the man from before mount his Salamence and fly off. There's a small crowd gathered at the gate to admire the sight, and when he's gone you take his place in front of those peering eyes. One concerned looking young woman steps forward and says, "Oh no! Is that poor little Simipour alright?"
    He's a wild that attacked me yesterday. I ran into him again today, and tried to capture him. Things got dicey, and he ended up fainting, so I'm taking him to the center. I'll need to run to the mart to pick up some pokeballs: I ran out during the battle, so I'm heading the mart to get some more.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-10 at 07:25 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

Pitch walks over, picking up the Tangela's Pokeball. It would come in handy, that was for sure. He looks somewhat reluctantly at sole remaining Pokeball; only one to try to catch the Charmander with.

Pitch turns to the two victorious snakes.

"You two fought well. It was good of you to take that blow for Inigan Dilos; protect your family before all else. Family is key, is it not?" he muses to himself. "Anyways, you two can rest now. Well, Inigan can rest more," he says sarcastically.. "Curl up wherever; the tent is fine if you want it. The two of you did well tonight," Pitch says, heading over to the unconscious Tangela. Who knows, maybe it'd be good for something?

"Try to keep an eye on this one if you can. Might be good for something."

And with that, Pitch heads in to wake Carn for his watch, making sure to notify him about the unconscious Tangela.
    Dilos nods to your comment about family, and Inigan looks embarrassed by your little jab at her falling asleep. The two Ekans slither over to a spot just outside the tent and rest for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can feel free to "decide" the two Ekans' actions from now on.

Carn nods to you while you switch places, and the rest of the night goes by peacefully. This time, you wake up to Outlet nudging you in the chest.

It's a particularly sunny day, and even the early morning sun is beating down on you fairly hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sunny Day is in effect, for any potential relevance that might have.

16. - Top - End - #886

He's a wild that attacked me yesterday. I ran into him again today, and tried to capture him. Things got dicey, and he ended up fainting, so I'm taking him to the center. I'll need to run to the mart to pick up some pokeballs: I ran out during the battle, but I thought the center was the best place to take him.
    Another, older guy steps forward after you explain the situation and stops you. "Wait, kid. You didn't catch that Simipour? You just grabbed it after you knocked it out?" He shakes his head and goes on, "You can't do that. That thing's going to go berserk the moment it regains consciousness."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

"To Xylo, to challenge the local gym," he says in a clipped tone. Rather than meet her gaze, Nikolas casts his eyes downward and pulls out his Pokegear to occupy his hands. "I also plan on visiting Serenity Corp.." He would also need to see about getting a job of some sort. His savings were dwindling rapidly, meaning he would need to find some sort of part-time job while in Xylo.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Dilos nods to your comment about family, and Inigan looks embarrassed by your little jab at her falling asleep. The two Ekans slither over to a spot just outside the tent and rest for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can feel free to "decide" the two Ekans' actions from now on.

Carn nods to you while you switch places, and the rest of the night goes by peacefully. This time, you wake up to Outlet nudging you in the chest.

It's a particularly sunny day, and even the early morning sun is beating down on you fairly hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sunny Day is in effect, for any potential relevance that might have.
    Pitch rubs the Shinx's head, glad to be up. He quickly wakes up, starting to try to get the camp in order. He has Thales fill up the pot again; they'd need water for the day. He packs up the tent and other supplies, kicking the fire to make sure it was fully out. He makes a quick breakfast for he and his allies, using the Tangela if Carn says it is edible.

He heads over to his new snakes, waving them over.

"Just realized I never named the two of you," he says, feeling stupid for forgetting that. "You're Inigan," he says, waving at the female. "And you're Dilos," he says, pointing to the male. "Hope those names are acceptable. Anyways, our team is a family. We work together. The two of you, while still siblings, are part of a bigger family now, understand? You have to watch out for the rest of us. It's not just the two of you; it's all seven of us," he says, purposefully leaving off the Tangela.

Before they leave, Pitch takes out the newest Pokeball. He throws out the Tangela, calling the two snakes over to his side just in case it made a hostile action. He doesn't do anything, simply watching what the tangle of vines tries to do, knife held in his hand.

Show

19. - Top - End - #889

"To Xylo, to challenge the local gym," he says in a clipped tone. Rather than meet her gaze, Nikolas casts his eyes downward and pulls out his Pokegear to occupy his hands. "I also plan on visiting Serenity Corp.." He would also need to see about getting a job of some sort. His savings were dwindling rapidly, meaning he would need to find some sort of part-time job while in Xylo.
    "Cool, Xylo's pretty nice."
    "When have you been to Xylo, Cass?"
    "My uncle works at Serenity, I visited him a few times as a kid."
    "Oh, neat. Maybe we should--"

"Grub's ready! Come get some, everyone!" Earl shouts.

"Oh boy," Greg sighs as he gets up to go get food.
    "Come on, Nikolas," Cass says, motioning for you to join them.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-10 at 07:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Another, older guy steps forward after you explain the situation and stops you. "Wait, kid. You didn't catch that Simipour? You just grabbed it after you knocked it out?" He shakes his head and goes on, "You can't do that. That thing's going to go berserk the moment it regains consciousness."
    Leo smiled, He's been paralyzed for a good long while now. When he wakes up he'll barely be able to move, let alone put up a decent fight.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

"D-dile?"

Kamoho took a half-step backwards, visibly flabbergasted by the fact that he now had four targets rather than one. Which was impressive; this was probably the first time in all of the totodile's history that he hadn't responded to something happening by biting it. He instead looked to Mordecai.

Who paused for a moment. Literally none of his pokemon had an area of effect attack of any sort. Suck! He could try that new rain dance TM that he literally hadn't done before, but odds were that wouldn't make the duplicates-or-not clear.

"Kamoho! It's probably the one furthest from you - come closer to me! Hit it with a water gun!"

The totodile paused - for just a moment - before stepping closer and attempting just that. Mordecai made a mental note - when thrown off his game, Kamoho would be uncharacteristically hesitant.

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho moves to G-9 and uses water gun on the yanma in J-7!

Attack roll: (1d20)[11]
    Damage roll: (1d12+10)[18]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #892

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch rubs the Shinx's head, glad to be up. He quickly wakes up, starting to try to get the camp in order. He has Thales fill up the pot again; they'd need water for the day. He packs up the tent and other supplies, kicking the fire to make sure it was fully out. He makes a quick breakfast for he and his allies, using the Tangela if Carn says it is edible.

He heads over to his new snakes, waving them over.

"Just realized I never named the two of you," he says, feeling stupid for forgetting that. "You're Inigan," he says, waving at the female. "And you're Dilos," he says, pointing to the male. "Hope those names are acceptable. Anyways, our team is a family. We work together. The two of you, while still siblings, are part of a bigger family now, understand? You have to watch out for the rest of us. It's not just the two of you; it's all seven of us," he says, purposefully leaving off the Tangela.

Before they leave, Pitch takes out the newest Pokeball. He throws out the Tangela, calling the two snakes over to his side just in case it made a hostile action. He doesn't do anything, simply watching what the tangle of vines tries to do, knife held in his hand.
    Carn gives you the go-ahead on the Tangela's edibility, mentioning that it is conveniently equally parts meat and vegetation so it can feed you entire team's various palates.

Your two Ekans seem amenable to your terms, and the concept of a family resonates well with them. At the very least, battling together under your command and winning has helped the relationship along.

The Tangela pops out of her Poke Ball and seems to brace herself--well, as best as she can, considering she's still paralyzed. But then something fascinating happens. Amid the bright sunlight beaming down on her, she seems to regain full motor control and looks to perk up from the poisoning as well! Any fight she had in her, though, is instantly quelled when she notices that she is quite surrounded. She remains still, unsure of what to do.

23. - Top - End - #893

Leo smiled, He's been paralyzed for a good long while now. When he wakes up he'll barely be able to move, let alone put up a decent fight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you want to go to the Mart next from our Pad chat!

The guy opens his mouth to scold you more, but someone else shushes him. The crowd parts for you to go along your way.

When you reach the Mart, the shopkeeper looks up and beckons you over. "Got more berries for me, do you? Oh, and what have we here?" he asks when he notices the unconscious pokemon.

24. - Top - End - #894

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "D-dile?"

Kamoho took a half-step backwards, visibly flabbergasted by the fact that he now had four targets rather than one. Which was impressive; this was probably the first time in all of the totodile's history that he hadn't responded to something happening by biting it. He instead looked to Mordecai.

Who paused for a moment. Literally none of his pokemon had an area of effect attack of any sort. Suck! He could try that new rain dance TM that he literally hadn't done before, but odds were that wouldn't make the duplicates-or-not clear.

"Kamoho! It's probably the one furthest from you - come closer to me! Hit it with a water gun!"

The totodile paused - for just a moment - before stepping closer and attempting just that. Mordecai made a mental note - when thrown off his game, Kamoho would be uncharacteristically hesitant.

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho moves to G-9 and uses water gun on the yanma in J-7!

Attack roll: (1d20)[14]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

The buzzing is considerably magnified with four of these pokemon in the sky. Kamoho's attack is able to hit--the copy disappears into thin air! All three of the others recoil a bit though, so at least losing a copy seemed to damage the real one--whichever one that is.

"Alright, Yamiyugi, don't let him know which one you are!"

The two closer Yanma both launch a sound attack in unison, because the third one is too far away. But you have no idea which attack is the real one!

Spoiler
    Show
    Sonicboom! x2 except really only 1.
    [AC 6] (1d20)[14]

Your Pokedex gives you full info on the Yanma that Kamoho is fighting.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-10 at 10:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas stands, approaching Earl and graciously accepts the offering of food. Standing around awkwardly, he quietly picks at the stew out of courtesy to its chef but leaves most of it uneaten, lest the butterflies in his stomach forcibly eject his lunch. "Do you guys all know each other?" They probably started out in the same hometown. Friends most like, the way they seemed to talk. It made him jealous.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Carn gives you the go-ahead on the Tangela's edibility, mentioning that it is conveniently equally parts meat and vegetation so it can feed you entire team's various palates.

Your two Ekans seem amenable to your terms, and the concept of a family resonates well with them. At the very least, battling together under your command and winning has helped the relationship along.

The Tangela pops out of her Poke Ball and seems to brace herself--well, as best as she can, considering she's still paralyzed. But then something fascinating happens. Amid the bright sunlight beaming down on her, she seems to regain full motor control and looks to perk up from the poisoning as well! Any fight she had in her, though, is instantly quelled when she notices that she is quite surrounded. She remains still, unsure of what to do.
    "Hello," Pitch says, knife low at his side. "I'm your new trainer. Now, there are two ways this can go. You can accept that you were beaten and belong to me. That's the first choice. The second is that you fight and try to escape, in which case you will die. If you prove yourself, much like Inigan and Dilos did against you and your kin, you can join our family. Those are your only options. Choose wisely."

Show

27. - Top - End - #897

Nikolas stands, approaching Earl and graciously accepts the offering of food. Standing around awkwardly, he quietly picks at the stew out of courtesy to its chef but leaves most of it uneaten, lest the butterflies in his stomach forcibly eject his lunch. "Do you guys all know each other?" They probably started out in the same hometown. Friends most like, the way they seemed to talk. It made him jealous.
    Greg nods. "Big Easy (referring to Earl), Cass and I all beat Halle in Wrystone the same day, about a month ago."

Earl elaborates, "We've been friends since we were really young. Our parents are all like, best pals. Is there something wrong with--" he starts to ask, noticing you're leaving most of the stew uneaten.

Cass cuts him off, "Shush. So Nikolas," she says, looking at you, I figure we'll head to Xylo too, want to travel with us?" she asks happily.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-11 at 12:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you want to go to the Mart next from our Pad chat!

The guy opens his mouth to scold you more, but someone else shushes him. The crowd parts for you to go along your way.

When you reach the Mart, the shopkeeper looks up and beckons you over. "Got more berries for me, do you? Oh, and what have we here?" he asks when he notices the unconscious pokemon.
    Leo hands lays the unconscious pokemon on the floor of the shop, and hands over the berries. A pokemon that gave me some trouble today and yesterday. It ended up fainting in the battle, and I want to capture it. This was my last trip. I should have enough store credit by pick up everything I need for the trip to Xylo and some odds and ends.

Leo discusses products and prices with the man, making sure he has all the right equipment to make it to Xylo in one piece.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Check?

Also, I plan on searching for a trade for the Simipour if/when I catch it. Will I need any rolls to locate people/deals?

Also, I believe I did 49 baskets of berries, which is 2,450, or 4,900 store credit.

I'm buying ...
    1 Camping Kit (1,000)
    2 Revives (900)
    3 Basic Balls (600)
    2 Great Balls (1,000)
    1 TM of Fling (1,400+600 real money)
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-11 at 12:45 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899

"Hello," Pitch says, knife low at his side. "I'm your new trainer. Now, there are two ways this can go. You can accept that you were beaten and belong to me. That's the first choice. The second is that you fight and try to escape, in which case you will die. If you prove yourself, much like Inigan and Dilos did against you and your kin, you can join our family. Those are your only options. Choose wisely."
    The Tangela listens unblinkingly to what you have to say. While you speak, she looks around at each of your other Pokemon in turn.

Inigan and Dilos, who she has already "met" last night. Inigan looks happy, while Dilos still appears weary.

Outlet, who purrs loyally by your side. He appears to appreciate his situation.

Shovel, who nonchalantly picks at his claws. He looks to be content enough.

Thales, who's giving her a cockeyed look that plainly says, "Go for it. I dare you." He seems to be itching for some action.

And last, but certainly not least, Carn, whose folded arms and cold expression cut straight to the Tangela's heart. He, most of all, makes it clear that in this situation, there really is no choice at all.

The Tangela breathes deeply and mutters, "Tange." Carn gives you a single nod.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just realized I should've given Outlet a loyalty increase at some point, so *ding*! Possibly, perhaps maybe, just maybe, his LONELYness is fading?

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

The Tangela listens unblinkingly to what you have to say. While you speak, she looks around at each of your other Pokemon in turn.

Inigan and Dilos, who she has already "met" last night. Inigan looks happy, while Dilos still appears weary.

Outlet, who purrs loyally by your side. He appears to appreciate his situation.

Shovel, who nonchalantly picks at his claws. He looks to be content enough.

Thales, who's giving her a cockeyed look that plainly says, "Go for it. I dare you." He seems to be itching for some action.

And last, but certainly not least, Carn, whose folded arms and cold expression cut straight to the Tangela's heart. He, most of all, makes it clear that in this situation, there really is no choice at all.

The Tangela breathes deeply and mutters, "Tange." Carn gives you a single nod.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just realized I should've given Outlet a loyalty increase at some point, so *ding*! Possibly, perhaps maybe, just maybe, his LONELYness is fading?
    Pitch grins. "Good choice," Pitch says with a smile. "For now your name is Rope, understand? Perhaps if you prove yourself you'll get a real name," Pitch says, returning the Tangela after saying his little bit.

Campsite clear, Pokemon returned, Pitch makes sure he left nothing and heads out.

Pitch keeps Thales and Shovel close, talking to them. Outlet trots at his heels, and the two snakes slither off to the side, removed from the group but still traveling as a unit. Carn does whatever an intelligent talking Scyther does when traveling.

"The two of you will be the main fighters against those Charmander, alright? Shovel, your new move will be able to hit more than one at a time; use it to clear away as many as possible. Thales, you can make those coats of water. When we get close, put them on as many of our team as possible, starting with Carn since he is weak to it, alright?" Pitch says, looking at his two fighters. "If we're careful we'll get out without any major problems. Careful is the key word, understand?"

Done lecturing his two fighters about what to do, Pitch calls Carn over.

"You know the area, right? What can I expect? Ten Charmanders? Twenty? Thirty and something bigger with them?" Pitch says, trying to form a plan of attack.

Show