New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Staring at Cass skeptically, Nikolas shakes his head. "I must humbly decline your offer." He was grateful that they were sharing lunch with him but wouldn't his tagging along just be overkill? Traveling with a group of strangers with an established dynamic seemed like it was asking for trouble, least of all when they were all vastly more experienced than he was. Standing up abruptly, Nikolas sets the dish down and gathers his belongings. He needed to leave, now, before it became harder to refuse. "I think I should be on my way. My Pokemon need some training," he lies.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Not good - Kamoho couldn't take another of those. But as he reached for the totodile's pokeball, he heard Kamoho give an angry growl - snapping his teeth as confusion gave way to wanting to bite things once more.

And... and he had to fight with himself, for a moment. On the one hand, he really didn't want Kamoho to get hurt - and he could. On the other hand, both he and Kamoho wanted the latter to give it everything they had. And he didn't really have anything for bugs /or/ flyers.

"Kamoho! Bite that one - in the middle!"

And the totodile dashed forward, giving a bite - then retreating back to F-10. Mordecai, however, was increasingly more and more nervous even as the words left his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho will try one last scratch! Vs the one in I-6! C'mon luck!

Attack roll: (1d20)[13]
    Damage roll: (1d12+13)[23]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo hands lays the unconscious pokemon on the floor of the shop, and hands over the berries. A pokemon that gave me some trouble today and yesterday. It ended up fainting in the battle, and I want to capture it. This was my last trip. I should have enough store credit by pick up everything I need for the trip to Xylo and some odds and ends.

Leo discusses products and prices with the man, making sure he has all the right equipment to make it to Xylo in one piece.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Check?

Also, I plan on searching for a trade for the Simipour if/when I catch it. Will I need any rolls to locate people/deals?

Also, I believe I did 49 baskets of berries, which is 2,450, or 4,900 store credit.

I'm buying ...
    1 Camping Kit (1,000)
    2 Revives (900)
    3 Basic Balls (600)
    2 Great Balls (1,000)
    1 TM of Fling (1,400+600 real money)
    "Huh. Okay. Well, thanks for the berries." The shopkeeper takes the last batch of berries, then starts to hand you items as you list them off. "...and here you go," he says, handing you the TM last of all.

On your way out, he speaks up, "Hey, hold up a moment." He reaches down and grabs something, which he then tosses to you. It's a Full Heal. "I appreciate your help, kid. Take this, just in case. Watch yourself out there, alright?"

Back outside, the sun is close to setting. You figure your family's restaurant is probably experiencing the peak of the dinner rush right now.

4. - Top - End - #904

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins. "Good choice," Pitch says with a smile. "For now your name is Rope, understand? Perhaps if you prove yourself you'll get a real name," Pitch says, returning the Tangela after saying his little bit.

Campsite clear, Pokemon returned, Pitch makes sure he left nothing and heads out.

Pitch keeps Thales and Shovel close, talking to them. Outlet trots at his heels, and the two snakes slither off to the side, removed from the group but still traveling as a unit. Carn does whatever an intelligent talking Scyther does when traveling.

"The two of you will be the main fighters against those Charmander, alright? Shovel, your new move will be able to hit more than one at a time; use it to clear away as many as possible. Thales, you can make those coats of water. When we get close, put them on as many of our team as possible, starting with Carn since he is weak to it, alright?" Pitch says, looking at his two fighters. "If we're careful we'll get out without any major problems. Careful is the key word, understand?"

Done lecturing his two fighters about what to do, Pitch calls Carn over.

"You know the area, right? What can I expect? Ten Charmanders? Twenty? Thirty and something bigger with them?" Pitch says, trying to form a plan of attack.
    Aside from the particularly hot sun, it is an altogether beautiful day for travel across the open plains. A trio of trainers walk past you, excitedly talking about what they imagine Port Tidings will be like.

"I heard Leia is hot!"
    "Geez. Keep it in your pants, Timmy."
    "Yeah, sheesh. Dibs."

They pass by with a friendly greeting and soon enough disappear out of sight.

In response to your question, Carn chuckles. "Oh, Char Clearing. Good memories. There are usually about two dozen Charmanders playing around with a handful of Charmeleon mixed in there. Luckily, any that evolve into Charizard fly away to find a new home. If we wait, we can probably take advantage of a moment when a few wander off from the group."

5. - Top - End - #905

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Staring at Cass skeptically, Nikolas shakes his head. "I must humbly decline your offer." He was grateful that they were sharing lunch with him but wouldn't his tagging along just be overkill? Traveling with a group of strangers with an established dynamic seemed like it was asking for trouble, least of all when they were all vastly more experienced than he was. Standing up abruptly, Nikolas sets the dish down and gathers his belongings. He needed to leave, now, before it became harder to refuse. "I think I should be on my way. My Pokemon need some training," he lies.
    "Oh, alright..." Cass says, not expecting you to decline. "Well, see you in Xylo!" she says cheerfully.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Aside from the particularly hot sun, it is an altogether beautiful day for travel across the open plains. A trio of trainers walk past you, excitedly talking about what they imagine Port Tidings will be like.

"I heard Leia is hot!"
    "Geez. Keep it in your pants, Timmy."
    "Yeah, sheesh. Dibs."

They pass by with a friendly greeting and soon enough disappear out of sight.

In response to your question, Carn chuckles. "Oh, Char Clearing. Good memories. There are usually about two dozen Charmanders playing around with a handful of Charmeleon mixed in there. Luckily, any that evolve into Charizard fly away to find a new home. If we wait, we can probably take advantage of a moment when a few wander off from the group."
    Pitch simply nods at the trainers, not particularly interested in them, although he does quickly ask if one would be willing to sell a Pokeball to him.

"That would be perfect," Pitch says. "We may end up attacking a few more; they should be easy training for Thales and Shovel. We only need to catch one though," he says, holding his (likely still) lone Pokeball.

Pitch continues to walk, discussing how flight feels with Carn, genuinely interested. He continues until the Charred Clearing comes into sight or he sees something interesting.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

7. - Top - End - #907

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not good - Kamoho couldn't take another of those. But as he reached for the totodile's pokeball, he heard Kamoho give an angry growl - snapping his teeth as confusion gave way to wanting to bite things once more.

And... and he had to fight with himself, for a moment. On the one hand, he really didn't want Kamoho to get hurt - and he could. On the other hand, both he and Kamoho wanted the latter to give it everything they had. And he didn't really have anything for bugs /or/ flyers.

"Kamoho! Bite that one - in the middle!"

And the totodile dashed forward, giving a bite - then retreating back to F-10. Mordecai, however, was increasingly more and more nervous even as the words left his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

Kamoho will try one last scratch! Vs the one in I-6! C'mon luck!

Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

"Oh no!" Preston yells as Kamoho dashes toward the correct facsimile. His biting attack is powerful enough to knock the Yanma out, both the remaining copies dissipating into air in the process.

"Good job, Yamiyugi. Alright, your turn, Pegasus!" Preston sends out a black-and-white horselike pokemon with a thunderbolt shaped horn.

"You have the type advantage, Pegasus. Charge up an attack!" The pokemon squints in concentration as lambent electricity in the air around it seems to be pulled into its body. Sparks start to fly off due to the excess buildup of charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do-do-do-dooo-do-doooooo, CHARGE!
    (And am I apparently doing Yu-Gi-Oh! references here? Yes, I apparently am.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-11 at 03:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

When he's finally a safe distance away, Nikolas lets out ragged breaths and rubs at his temples. He couldn't remember the last time he had spoken face to face with another trainer, not for any real length of time. The trainers in Orum had mostly left him alone and even the trainer he had challenged to a battle was mostly out of the way. Sinking down to his knees, Nikolas releases Orobas and clutches the small Psyhic-type closely. "Just give me a minute to catch my breath and we can continue, Orobas."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh. Okay. Well, thanks for the berries." The shopkeeper takes the last batch of berries, then starts to hand you items as you list them off. "...and here you go," he says, handing you the TM last of all.

On your way out, he speaks up, "Hey, hold up a moment." He reaches down and grabs something, which he then tosses to you. It's a Full Heal. "I appreciate your help, kid. Take this, just in case. Watch yourself out there, alright?"

Back outside, the sun is close to setting. You figure your family's restaurant is probably experiencing the peak of the dinner rush right now.
    Leo catches the full heal and thanks the man. He'd have to remember to come back next time he came to town. He returns Piri Piri and Sicarius, and heads to the edge of town.

When there he lays down the Simipour, pulls out his newly bought balls, and a revive. With Beula and Nightlock at the ready, he slowly injects the paralyzed pokemon with a revive, and then brings the pokeballs to it's side in rapid fire until the dam thing disappeared into the ball for good.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100+5)[87]
    (1d100+5)[105]
    (1d100+5)[8]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as he saw that thunderbolt-shaped horn, Mordecai called out, "Whoa - hold on a second."

Kamoho glanced at him, as he shook his head, smiling. "There's no way Kamoho can take a hit like that in his shape - I'd rather not have him get hurt. I'll call this part of the match as your victory, I think - Kamoho, get back here."

This resulted in an angry totodile. "Dile!"

"Kamoho - I'm not having you get hurt just because." Mordecai picked up his totodile, replacing him on his shoulder. "Besides, from here you can help me guide the battle."

"Dile." Kamoho moodily crossed his arms, still a bit upset - but the respnose wasn't a bite, so hey. Mordecai shook his head, and glanced up - okay, so that one looked electric. Kamoho /had/ bought him the ability to see what his enemy pokemon was through defeating the yanma - and....

...okay granted, he'd run into birds attacking rocks who were named just about 'pebble' the previous day, so maybe a thunderbolt-horn didn't mean electric. But right now, he was going to bank on the fact that it hopefully did. He beeped his pokedex - maybe it was called 'Lightning' or something.
    (Enemy pokemon was /really/ zoroark!)
    "Okay! Pa'ao - your turn then!"

And out came the drillbur, who clenched one of his claws tightly. "Drill!"

Spoiler
    Show

Accepting Kamoho was defeated without him being zapped. :P

And calling out Pa'ao (Mordecai's Drillbur)

I think technically, both switches happened during the trainer actions between turns, so he can actually have not used charge if he didn't want to. I'm then not sure who goes first regardless - Pa'ao's speed is 9,which is actually a number. :P

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-11 at 12:00 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #911

Pitch simply nods at the trainers, not particularly interested in them, although he does quickly ask if one would be willing to sell a Pokeball to him.

"That would be perfect," Pitch says. "We may end up attacking a few more; they should be easy training for Thales and Shovel. We only need to catch one though," he says, holding his (likely still) lone Pokeball.

Pitch continues to walk, discussing how flight feels with Carn, genuinely interested. He continues until the Charred Clearing comes into sight or he sees something interesting.
    Unfortunately, none of the passing trainers were enterprising enough to have extra Pokeballs to sell you.

Carn nods, appreciating your plan. He also seems to enjoy talking about flight with you. "It is remarkable to the point that I cannot really explain it. To break yourself from these two dimensions and have freedom in a third...it is unlike anything else."

A shade past noon, you finally see the outer edge of Elrem Forest off on the horizon! Carn points forward and a little to the right, "The clearing is coming up soon, right over there." When you're close enough to see the opening in the tree line that leads to Charred Clearing, Carn splits off. "Since Thales and Shovel are better suited for the front lines here, I would like to flank and provide cover if necessary. Does that seem tactically sound to you?"

12. - Top - End - #912

When he's finally a safe distance away, Nikolas lets out ragged breaths and rubs at his temples. He couldn't remember the last time he had spoken face to face with another trainer, not for any real length of time. The trainers in Orum had mostly left him alone and even the trainer he had challenged to a battle was mostly out of the way. Sinking down to his knees, Nikolas releases Orobas and clutches the small Psyhic-type closely. "Just give me a minute to catch my breath and we can continue, Orobas."
    This is the first time Orobas has seen the true extent of your neuroses, and he feels a tighter bond with you now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Orobas's loyalty increases! (Was it at 3? I can't remember. If it's 4 now, you have the option of changing his Nature to Loyal (+1 to all stats) and re-stat if you wish.

From your spot, you can still see the smoke billowing from the campfire where the group of trainers still remain. Here, in the mid-afternoon sun, you are just about halfway to Xylo.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won't have any more combat encounters today, so feel free to go all the way until setting up camp for the night if you want.

13. - Top - End - #913

Leo catches the full heal and thanks the man. He'd have to remember to come back next time he came to town. He returns Piri Piri and Sicarius, and heads to the edge of town.

When there he lays down the Simipour, pulls out his newly bought balls, and a revive. With Beula and Nightlock at the ready, he slowly injects the paralyzed pokemon with a revive, and then brings the pokeballs to it's side in rapid fire until the dam thing disappeared into the ball for good.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    Once the revive starts to take place, the Simipour groggily opens its eyes--BAM your first pokeball bashes into it and it disappears. The ball is still at first while the Simipour collects its bearings, but then the ball starts to jump all around, eventually shattering into a thousand pieces to release the Simipour.

The Simipour looks decidedly unhappy with what just hap--WHAM your second pokeball repeats the process. This time, though, the Simipour is already awake and almost instantly the ball jumps into the air and crumbles, the Simipour once again released.

Now the Simipour is positively incensed and makes a move to--KAPOW your third pokeball cuts it off. Again the Simipour fights against the containment, but it turns out that the third time's the charm, because the thrashing eventually subsides. The pokeball settles down and clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Simipour (Loyalty 0).
    Female, Level 12
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Bold
    HP 5
    ATK 5 (-2)
    DEF 5 (+2)
    SATK 5
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 6
    50% HP

14. - Top - End - #914

Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as he saw that thunderbolt-shaped horn, Mordecai called out, "Whoa - hold on a second."

Kamoho glanced at him, as he shook his head, smiling. "There's no way Kamoho can take a hit like that in his shape - I'd rather not have him get hurt. I'll call this part of the match as your victory, I think - Kamoho, get back here."

This resulted in an angry totodile. "Dile!"

"Kamoho - I'm not having you get hurt just because." Mordecai picked up his totodile, replacing him on his shoulder. "Besides, from here you can help me guide the battle."

"Dile." Kamoho moodily crossed his arms, still a bit upset - but the respnose wasn't a bite, so hey. Mordecai shook his head, and glanced up - okay, so that one looked electric. Kamoho /had/ bought him the ability to see what his enemy pokemon was through defeating the yanma - and....

...okay granted, he'd run into birds attacking rocks who were named just about 'pebble' the previous day, so maybe a thunderbolt-horn didn't mean electric. But right now, he was going to bank on the fact that it hopefully did. He beeped his pokedex - maybe it was called 'Lightning' or something.
    (Enemy pokemon was /really/ zoroark!)
    "Okay! Pa'ao - your turn then!"

And out came the drillbur, who clenched one of his claws tightly. "Drill!"

Spoiler
    Show

Accepting Kamoho was defeated without him being zapped. :P

And calling out Pa'ao (Mordecai's Drillbur)

I think technically, both switches happened during the trainer actions between turns, so he can actually have not used charge if he didn't want to. I'm then not sure who goes first regardless - Pa'ao's speed is 9,which is actually a number. :P

"Alright! 2-on-2 then, here we go!" Preston exclaims when you return Kamoho. "Hmm, another pokemon I haven't seen before. Get ready for anything, Pegasus!" Preston scans your Drilbur.

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll still have the Blitzle use Charge on his turn (Speed > 9), so it's technically that same turn but Pa'ao's move now. Holy type coverage, Batman!

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

Grateful for the company, Nikolas eventually manages to calm himself down, earning a yip from Orobas. Standing up wearily, he starts toward Xylo, eager to reach Xylo before any other trainers can stop him. When night does eventually fall he sets out his camping set much as before and lets Praelia forage while Loki goes to cause trouble out in the wilderness. However, he keeps Orobas on his lap as he reaches into his pockets to retrieve his newly captured Trapinch.

"I don't think our last meeting went exactly as planned.." he says with a frown as the shimmering light of the Pokeball coalesces into the form of the anti-like Pokemon. "I'm Nikolas. Your trainer." The Pokedex had said something about unruly Pokemon requiring firm trainers to guide them. He had never been good at that sort of thing but if it got the Pokemon to respect him, he would give it a shot.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, none of the passing trainers were enterprising enough to have extra Pokeballs to sell you.

Carn nods, appreciating your plan. He also seems to enjoy talking about flight with you. "It is remarkable to the point that I cannot really explain it. To break yourself from these two dimensions and have freedom in a third...it is unlike anything else."

A shade past noon, you finally see the outer edge of Elrem Forest off on the horizon! Carn points forward and a little to the right, "The clearing is coming up soon, right over there." When you're close enough to see the opening in the tree line that leads to Charred Clearing, Carn splits off. "Since Thales and Shovel are better suited for the front lines here, I would like to flank and provide cover if necessary. Does that seem tactically sound to you?"
    "Sounds good," Pitch says, waving him over.

Thales darts over and, at Pitch's command, coats Carn in a layer of water.

"That should help with the fire. Try to herd them into a group. If they are clumped together Shovel's attack will do maximum damage, understand?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright!" Mordecai pointed. "Pa'ao! Rush forward - give it a scratch, then get back here!"

He wasn't sure what Pegasus would do. Now granted, with a name like pegasus he figured it might be able to fly - so getting in an early swing before backing off would make that easier on Pa'ao.

The drillbur rushed forward, claws slashing through the air before he recoiled back.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to G-5, using scratch, then moving back to G-8 (Extra movement granted by faster via coach)

Attack roll: (1d20)[3]
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[23]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

Once the revive starts to take place, the Simipour groggily opens its eyes--BAM your first pokeball bashes into it and it disappears. The ball is still at first while the Simipour collects its bearings, but then the ball starts to jump all around, eventually shattering into a thousand pieces to release the Simipour.

The Simipour looks decidedly unhappy with what just hap--WHAM your second pokeball repeats the process. This time, though, the Simipour is already awake and almost instantly the ball jumps into the air and crumbles, the Simipour once again released.

Now the Simipour is positively incensed and makes a move to--KAPOW your third pokeball cuts it off. Again the Simipour fights against the containment, but it turns out that the third time's the charm, because the thrashing eventually subsides. The pokeball settles down and clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Simipour (Loyalty 0).
    Female, Level 12
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Bold
    HP 5
    ATK 5 (-2)
    DEF 5 (+2)
    SATK 5
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 6
    50% HP
    Leo grabs the pokeball, cursing softly. How much money had he wasted on capturing this thing? Hopefully he could find a good trade. He headed to the Cosmic Cafe, knowing that locals pointed visiting trainers towards the cafe, and the regular customers usually knew somebody.

He quickly greeted his mother, then got to work looking for any likely trades.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919

Grateful for the company, Nikolas eventually manages to calm himself down, earning a yip from Orobas. Standing up wearily, he starts toward Xylo, eager to reach Xylo before any other trainers can stop him. When night does eventually fall he sets out his camping set much as before and lets Praelia forage while Loki goes to cause trouble out in the wilderness. However, he keeps Orobas on his lap as he reaches into his pockets to retrieve his newly captured Trapinch.

"I don't think our last meeting went exactly as planned.." he says with a frown as the shimmering light of the Pokeball coalesces into the form of the anti-like Pokemon. "I'm Nikolas. Your trainer." The Pokedex had said something about unruly Pokemon requiring firm trainers to guide them. He had never been good at that sort of thing but if it got the Pokemon to respect him, he would give it a shot.
    As night falls, Praelia is able to bring enough food back for the team to eat well. Loki wanders off, perhaps to find more friends to play with.

Upon hearing your firm introduction, the Trapinch tilts its head to the side. After a few seconds of staring at you, it nods. "Tra?"

Praelia explains, "Little guy's hungry." Fortunately, Praelia has brought back enough to feed him if you want to do so.

20. - Top - End - #920

"Sounds good," Pitch says, waving him over.

Thales darts over and, at Pitch's command, coats Carn in a layer of water.

"That should help with the fire. Try to herd them into a group. If they are clumped together Shovel's attack will do maximum damage, understand?"
    "Thank you, Thales." He listens to your instructions and says simply, "Understood."

When you reach the Clearing's entrance, Carn gives you all a nod and splits apart from the group. From behind a few trees, you can see the Charmander and Charmeleon bustling about, but they haven't noticed you.

You hear a whistle come from the trees to the south--Carn is in position. A whistle back will confirm the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    (There are more off the right edge of the map. You can scan them from where you are. Crossing that threshold of G's won't cost you movement the first time you do so. It will also trigger the Charmanders/Meleons into action. Good luck!

21. - Top - End - #921

"Alright!" Mordecai pointed. "Pa'ao! Rush forward - give it a scratch, then get back here!"

He wasn't sure what Pegasus would do. Now granted, with a name like pegasus he figured it might be able to fly - so getting in an early swing before backing off would make that easier on Pa'ao.

The drillbur rushed forward, claws slashing through the air before he recoiled back.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to G-5, using scratch, then moving back to G-8 (Extra movement granted by faster via coach)

Attack roll: [roll0]

Unfortunately, the Blitzle--as your pokedex lets you know is an Electric type--is quick enough to dodge out of the way and Pa'ao's claws find only air. More fortunately, Preston still does not know what type of pokemon Pa'ao is, and as a result shouts, "Pegasus! Show him what you can do with all that excess charge!"

The Blitzle runs up toward Pa'ao and focuses all its energy into a fierce stomp, releasing a shock wave aimed at Pa'ao.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shock Wave!
    Hooray!

Not more than a few moments later, Preston looks at his Pokedex. "Aw, shucks!"

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, at least it wasn't flying. That meant if things went south, Kaulu could help out.

The useless electric attack definitely reminded Mordecai of him blasting water at what turned out to be a dark pokemon. "Sorry, Preston - you'd think pokedexes would be faster, huh? Pa'ao! Once more!"

Spoiler
    Show

Repeating the movement from before, heh.

attack roll: (1d20)[17]
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[31]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch doesn't whistle back yet. A quick heads count shows that one burst from Shovel could take down most of the current Charmander.

"Thales, coat Shovel," he says, waiting until the Drilbur was Fire-resistant.

"Shovel, burrow under the group there. When you're just past the middle, come to the surface and use your new Move, understand? Stay well underground until then; we don't want them to see you coming."

The Drilbur nods, burrowing below the earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel will shift 3 down then make his way to L6.

Show

24. - Top - End - #924

Leo grabs the pokeball, cursing softly. How much money had he wasted on capturing this thing? Hopefully he could find a good trade. He headed to the Cosmic Cafe, knowing that locals pointed visiting trainers towards the cafe, and the regular customers usually knew somebody.

He quickly greeted his mother, then got to work looking for any likely trades.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    NICE roll! RNG goddess favors you once more.

Your mother is swamped with the dinner rush, so she only has time to say, "Hey, Leo!" before getting back to work.

While you peruse the clientele for potential trades, you come across three particularly appealing offers.

Jeff, a local fisherman who comes to the restaurant about once a week, shows you a freshly caught Seadra. "He's a hardy one, here. Got a real sharp eye, too! I could use a scouter like that Simipour, for sure."

Spoiler
    Show
    (Nature: Hardy, Ability: Sniper)

Paddy, a sailor on his shore leave, shows you a recently met Slowpoke. "Ya ever seen one o' these? Heck, this'uns even more clueless'un most o' 'em. I ain't got no use for 'er, but that there Simipour I could see on me shoulder asea, aye?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Nature: Bashful, Ability: Oblivious)

Tamara, a former waitress at the restaurant is there with a couple of her attractive Beauty contest friends. She waves you over. "Hey, Leo! Long time no see. Whatcha got there, a Simipour? That's just the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen mirrors!" she exclaims with a chuckle. "Tell you what, Leo, I've got a great trade for you." She sends out a Feebas. "Now, she don't look like much at the moment, but I've been working my butt off preening her day after day. Soon--and I mean soon--she'll evolve into a gorgeous Milotic! One thing though, she's not too big on spicy food, and I know how much you like that stuff. So, what do you say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Nature: Modest, Ability: Simple)

Spoiler
    Show
    Each Pokemon also has another hidden bonus that you'll only find out if you choose it. Hooray! Decision time, hotshot.

25. - Top - End - #925

Well, at least it wasn't flying. That meant if things went south, Kaulu could help out.

The useless electric attack definitely reminded Mordecai of him blasting water at what turned out to be a dark pokemon. "Sorry, Preston - you'd think pokedexes would be faster, huh? Pa'ao! Once more!"

Spoiler
    Show

Repeating the movement from before, heh.

attack roll: [roll0]

"If only!" Preston laments. This time, Pa'ao's aim is true, and his strike proves quite effective. The Blitzle lets out an audible gasp before slouching to the ground unconscious.

"Ah, Pegasus! Alright, rest up. It's all up to you, Tristan!" Preston says as he returns the Blitzle and sends out a purlplish skunk pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Get it? Because Tristan STINKS?! Bahahaha.
    Okay, yeah, it's your move, Pa'ao's faster.

26. - Top - End - #926

Pitch doesn't whistle back yet. A quick heads count shows that one burst from Shovel could take down most of the current Charmander.

"Thales, coat Shovel," he says, waiting until the Drilbur was Fire-resistant.

"Shovel, burrow under the group there. When you're just past the middle, come to the surface and use your new Move, understand? Stay well underground until then; we don't want them to see you coming."

The Drilbur nods, burrowing below the earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel will shift 3 down then make his way to L6.
    While Shovel makes his way toward the pack of Charmander, some of them mill around a bit. They are still oblivious to any threat that may or may not be right beneath them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shovel can instinctively know where to come up if the new formation changes that slightly.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-11 at 05:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa - I can smell that thing from here!"

That might actually have been just his head playing tricks on him - like he wanted it to stink so bad it did. Still, most poisons can poison you if you contact them. "Pa'ao! Slap some mud at him first - try to help daze him a bit!"

Pa'ao stamped one foot - sending a spray of mud towards his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show

Pa'ao uses mud-slap!

Accuracy: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7] (Ground!)
    (If it hits, Tristan must roll +1 on accuracy checks. Poor guy, it's not his fault he has lousy cards :P )

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Shovel, guaging he was in the middle, erupts upwards, the earth quaking about him as it lashes out at nearby Charmander.

As Shovel attacks, Pitch whistles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bulldoze! Ground, Physical. Centered on K6 (Shovel there too.) 3 Meter Burst.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[12] -1 Speed on hit.
    Damage: (2d10+23)[29]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-11 at 03:55 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    NICE roll! RNG goddess favors you once more.

Your mother is swamped with the dinner rush, so she only has time to say, "Hey, Leo!" before getting back to work.

While you peruse the clientele for potential trades, you come across three particularly appealing offers.

Jeff, a local fisherman who comes to the restaurant about once a week, shows you a freshly caught Seadra. "He's a hardy one, here. Got a real sharp eye, too! I could use a scouter like that Simipour, for sure."

Paddy, a sailor on his shore leave, shows you a recently met Slowpoke. "Ya ever seen one o' these? Heck, this'uns even more clueless'un most o' 'em. I ain't got no use for 'er, but that there Simipour I could see on me shoulder asea, aye?"

Tamara, a former waitress at the restaurant is there with a couple of her attractive Beauty contest friends. She waves you over. "Hey, Leo! Long time no see. Whatcha got there, a Simipour? That's just the cutest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen mirrors!" she exclaims with a chuckle. "Tell you what, Leo, I've got a great trade for you." She sends out a Feebas. "Now, she don't look like much at the moment, but I've been working my butt off preening her day after day. Soon--and I mean soon--she'll evolve into a gorgeous Milotic! One thing though, she's not too big on spicy food, and I know how much you like that stuff. So, what do you say?"
    Leo looked at the fish. It was hard to believe that it could evolve into the beauty and power that miolotic embodied. Cooking dry food would be a new experience, but it would be worth it. After politely declining the other two offers, he went back to Tamara. Is the food still as good as when you left Tamara? The simipour's pretty beat up, and will probably require a firm hand when you start working with him. I've never tried cooking dry food, but it can't be too different from spicy (I hope). I'd love to trade for the feebas, what's her name?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-11 at 04:15 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930

"Whoa - I can smell that thing from here!"

That might actually have been just his head playing tricks on him - like he wanted it to stink so bad it did. Still, most poisons can poison you if you contact them. "Pa'ao! Slap some mud at him first - try to help daze him a bit!"

Pa'ao stamped one foot - sending a spray of mud towards his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show

Pa'ao uses mud-slap!

Accuracy: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: [roll1] (Ground!)
    (If it hits, Tristan must roll +1 on accuracy checks. Poor guy, it's not his fault he has lousy cards :P )

The skunk pokemon dives to the side to avoid the spray of mud, able to get out of the way in time. "Nice, Tristan! Now spray him!" It spins around and shoots out a large cloud of poisonous-looking gas which covers a portion of the battlefield, engulfing Pa'ao.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poison Gas!
    AC 6 (1d20)[17]
    If hit, Pa'ao is poisoned.

Your Pokedex lets you know this stinker is called a Stunky.