New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

"Blast!"

Pa'ao staggered backwards, wiping gunk off his snout. Well, if he was /already/ poisoned...

"Pa'ao! Use your claws - scratch him!"

Spoiler
    Show

Scratch!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[3]
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[25]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Shovel, guaging he was in the middle, erupts upwards, the earth quaking about him as it lashes out at nearby Charmander.

As Shovel attacks, Pitch whistles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bulldoze! Ground, Physical. Centered on K6 (Shovel there too.) 3 Meter Burst.
    AC: 2 [roll0] -1 Speed on hit.
    Damage: [roll1]
    The violent spasms of earth send all the nearby Charmander and Charmeleon flying every which way. All the Charmander are thoroughly knocked out, sprawled across the battlefield in an instant. The three Charmeleon are a bit luckier, not by much.

One is sent all the way to your main group, landing right next to you and groaning in pain as it tries to get up. Another is sent through the grass where you know Carn to be, and at that point, the only real question is whether its demise was quick or painful.

The third Charmeleon is sent bowling through the rest of the group across the clearing--you have certainly gotten their attention! In unison, a large volley of about a dozen fireballs is sent toward the invading Drilbur. Shovel instinctively tries to escape, but the fireballs are going to catch up to him. As they are about to hit their target, a massive blast of wind from Carn's position sweeps through their flight path, causing them all to dissipate harmlessly into nothing.

The Charmander and Charmeleon quickly organize themselves, and most of them advance toward Shovel while a small contingent investigates the source of that blast of wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    The numbers at the top left are keeping track of how many Charmanders/Charmeleon have been taken out.
    Shovel gets a free move action this turn, and keep in mind that your first movement across that Grass won't have a movement penalty.

3. - Top - End - #933

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo looked at the fish. It was hard to believe that it could evolve into the beauty and power that miolotic embodied. Cooking dry food would be a new experience, but it would be worth it. After politely declining the other two offers, he went back to Tamara. Is the food still as good as when you left Tamara? The simipour's pretty beat up, and will probably require a firm hand when you start working with him. I've never tried cooking dry food, but it can't be too different from spicy (I hope). I'd love to trade for the feebas, what's her name?
    "It's even better now!" Tamara responds with a wink. "And that's alright, I'm pretty good at getting Pokemon to listen to me. Here you go, Leo. Take good care of Xianti!" she says as you two connect link cables and wait to save before you can exchange Pokeballs.

Spoiler
    Show
    You traded for a Feebas!
    Female, level 15.
    Ability: Simple
    Nature: Modest
    HP 2
    ATK 2 (-2)
    DEF 2
    SATK 1 (+2)
    SDEF 6
    SPEED 8
    Beauty stat: 9
    Knows Mud Sport as an egg move!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-11 at 06:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Blast!"

Pa'ao staggered backwards, wiping gunk off his snout. Well, if he was /already/ poisoned...

"Pa'ao! Use your claws - scratch him!"

Spoiler
    Show

Scratch!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[14]
    Damage roll: (1d20)[10]

The Stunky almost manages to evade the scratch, but Pa'ao does catch it falling away, doing fairly good damage to it. "Scratch it back, Tristan!" The Stunky lurches at Pa'ao, claws flailing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fury Swipes! (Hit 'til miss)
    AC 4 (1d20)[14], (1d20)[10], (1d20)[5], (1d20)[4], (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[16], (1d6+11)[15], (1d6+11)[16], (1d6+11)[16], (1d6+11)[14]
    Crits if necessary: (1d6+3)[7], (1d6+3)[8], (1d6+3)[4], (1d6+3)[9], (1d6+3)[9]

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Quirking his brow in confusion, Nikolas looks at Praelia and then back at Ten. "Little guy? How old is he?" Otherwise, Nikolas makes no objections to feeding the small Pokemon and even places the food in front of the Trapinch himself, as a gesture of good faith. Had he separated a bay from its mother? That was worrying to say the least...

Feeling guilty for the capture he leans in slightly to talk to the ant Pokemon, "Are you okay with me as your trainer? I know I don't have much experience with Pokemon but I'll do my best to train you."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #936

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Quirking his brow in confusion, Nikolas looks at Praelia and then back at Ten. "Little guy? How old is he?" Otherwise, Nikolas makes no objections to feeding the small Pokemon and even places the food in front of the Trapinch himself, as a gesture of good faith. Had he separated a bay from its mother? That was worrying to say the least...

Feeling guilty for the capture he leans in slightly to talk to the ant Pokemon, "Are you okay with me as your trainer? I know I don't have much experience with Pokemon but I'll do my best to train you."
    "Quite young," Praelia answers.

Ten cautiously starts to eat the food you provide him. He looks up at you with starry eyes as you speak. "Pin-pinch." He goes back to eating while Praelia explains.

"He appreciates how much you want him...acceptance is something he is likely not used to. You see, while humans prize shiny Pokemon for their uniqueness, most Pokemon tend to shun them for that same reason. They are shunned out of a mixture of jealousy and bigotry. Trust me, Nikolas. You have done this one a great favor by taking him in."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

Frowning at the young Pokemon's troubled life, Nikolas reaches over to give it a good rub on the head. "Then I guess you're just like me then, aren't you?" he asks with a sad smile. "What about its parents? Didn't they...you know...love him...?" Wasn't a family supposed to keep their own safe and happy? He couldn't say much, given his own lack of experience, but he had always thought of himself as the exception to the rule. If that wasn't the case...

Looking down compassionately at the Trapinch, he pushes more food toward the growing Pokemon. "Well if nobody else wants you then I guess we'll just have to be your family."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

8. - Top - End - #938

Frowning at the young Pokemon's troubled life, Nikolas reaches over to give it a good rub on the head. "Then I guess you're just like me then, aren't you?" he asks with a sad smile. "What about its parents? Didn't they...you know...love him...?" Wasn't a family supposed to keep their own safe and happy? He couldn't say much, given his own lack of experience, but he had always thought of himself as the exception to the rule. If that wasn't the case...

Looking down compassionately at the Trapinch, he pushes more food toward the growing Pokemon. "Well if nobody else wants you then I guess we'll just have to be your family."
    Praelia shakes her head solemnly when you ask about Ten's parents loving him. "He would have been a pariah in every way."

Ten eagerly eats the additional food you provide him. As he does, he snaps his large jaws happily in gratitude. "Pinch!"

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "It's even better now!" Tamara responds with a wink. "And that's alright, I'm pretty good at getting Pokemon to listen to me. Here you go, Leo. Take good care of Xianti!" she says as you two connect link cables and wait to save before you can exchange Pokeballs.

Spoiler
    Show
    You traded for a Feebas!
    Female, level 15.
    Ability: Simple
    Nature: Modest
    HP 2
    ATK 2 (-2)
    DEF 2
    SATK 1 (+2)
    SDEF 6
    SPEED 8
    Beauty stat: 9
    Knows Mud Sport as an egg move!
    After trading, Leo said goodbye to his mom, and heads home. After releasing his pokemon to explore his room, he takes a quick shower and collapses on his bed. He flips open his pokedex and starts looking for information about the road to Xylo, road conditions, pokemon sightings, unusal events and the like. Information is power, and he wanted to be as informed as possible.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

10. - Top - End - #940

After trading, Leo said goodbye to his mom, and heads home. After releasing his pokemon to explore his room, he takes a quick shower and collapses on his bed. He flips open his pokedex and starts looking for information about the road to Xylo, road conditions, pokemon sightings, unusal events and the like. Information is power, and he wanted to be as informed as possible.
    Your Pokedex's map of the region shows you that the roads between Wrystone and Xylo are fairly straight, and there are no distressing road conditions to speak of. The weather is supposed to be nice throughout your anticipated trip, with one particularly sunny day in the middle.

There is an article mentioning a get-together of some fairly accomplished League battlers at a wealthy landowner's ranch just a ways off the path about a third of the way from Wrystone to Xylo.

A blog post that looks to have been written by a three-year-old reads, "I seesd a rikoau buteen wrstont nd xilo!!1@@!!" but the veracity of that report is...questionable.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Smiling a small smile, he continues rubbing at the Trapinch's shell. "Then how about you sleep in the tent with Orobas and I tonight, Ten? Praelia, you can come too. The tent feels big with only me in it..." he says as he scratches the back of his head. Yelling at the surroundings, he addresses Loki, "You can come too Loki...if you want." Try as he might, he still barely understood the ghost Pokemon but it was only polite to offer right? If anything, it would help Ten feel wanted.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

The violent spasms of earth send all the nearby Charmander and Charmeleon flying every which way. All the Charmander are thoroughly knocked out, sprawled across the battlefield in an instant. The three Charmeleon are a bit luckier, not by much.

One is sent all the way to your main group, landing right next to you and groaning in pain as it tries to get up. Another is sent through the grass where you know Carn to be, and at that point, the only real question is whether its demise was quick or painful.

The third Charmeleon is sent bowling through the rest of the group across the clearing--you have certainly gotten their attention! In unison, a large volley of about a dozen fireballs is sent toward the invading Drilbur. Shovel instinctively tries to escape, but the fireballs are going to catch up to him. As they are about to hit their target, a massive blast of wind from Carn's position sweeps through their flight path, causing them all to dissipate harmlessly into nothing.

The Charmander and Charmeleon quickly organize themselves, and most of them advance toward Shovel while a small contingent investigates the source of that blast of wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    The numbers at the top left are keeping track of how many Charmanders/Charmeleon have been taken out.
    Shovel gets a free move action this turn, and keep in mind that your first movement across that Grass won't have a movement penalty.
    "Thales, get out there, provide a target. Get a coat of water; they won't be able to touch you."

The Oshawott looks at his trainer in shock. Use him? As bait?

"Do it! You can attack them later!"

The Oshawott, none to happy with the docile order, coats itself in water and heads out, providing a prime target.

"Shovel! Get down!" Pitch shouts, turning to the Charmeleon, knife in his hand.

"Hello there," he says, gripping its shoulder and thrusting towards the stomach of the beast with his knife.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales shifts to E5 and uses Water Sport.
    Shovel shifts down 4, over 2.
    Pitch uses Arms Attack!
    AC: 4 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[21]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[11]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Pa'ao batted away the fourth of the claws, staring into the stunky defiantly. The look on his face didn't change as he fell face-forward - he seemed more angry with his body for not cooperating with him than in pain. He looked up, clawing at the ground - as he slammed one clawed fist into the ground, furious that he literally couldn't continue.

Whoa. Mordecai made a mental note to talk to Pa'ao after this to make sure it was okay. "Pa'ao - that's enough, return!" He paused, contemplating his options for a moment. Kaulu or Paka?

"Kaulu, it's your turn!" And out came the ball. The mankey was completely silent as he came out, clasping one fist into another before falling into a fighting stance.

"Kaulu! Give him your own Fury swipes!"

And the mankey delivered a series of... punches.

Spoiler
    Show

Fury Swipes! Kaulu stops when he misses! (Acc 4)
    Attack roll 1: (1d20)[12]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20)[5]
    Attack roll 3: (1d20)[14]
    Attack roll 4: (1d20)[17]
    Attack roll 5: (1d20)[5]

Damage roll 1: (1d6+14)[19]
    Damage roll 2: (1d6+14)[18]
    Damage roll 3: (1d6+14)[16]
    Damage roll 4: (1d6+14)[18]
    Damage roll 5: (1d6+14)[20]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

Your Pokedex's map of the region shows you that the roads between Wrystone and Xylo are fairly straight, and there are no distressing road conditions to speak of. The weather is supposed to be nice throughout your anticipated trip, with one particularly sunny day in the middle.

There is an article mentioning a get-together of some fairly accomplished League battlers at a wealthy landowner's ranch just a ways off the path about a third of the way from Wrystone to Xylo.

A blog post that looks to have been written by a three-year-old reads, "I seesd a rikoau buteen wrstont nd xilo!!1@@!!" but the veracity of that report is...questionable.
    Leo looked at the the blog in disgust. He didn't have perfect grammar, but at least he could use basic English. The ranch looked interesting though. He may be able to get some battling tips from the best in the league.

Moving off the bed, Leo released Xianti. The feebas looked around the room in confusion. Xianti, my name is Leo, and I know your old trainer. She traded you to me, and said you were a great pokemon. I'd like to introduce you to you new family. Leo introduced his other pokemon to the fish, and Piri Piri jollily offered a small berry that he had kept from the clearing to the feebas.

I can cook a little bit, and as soon as I get my hands on some of the right berries, we'll get you evolved to a miolotic in no time.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #945

Smiling a small smile, he continues rubbing at the Trapinch's shell. "Then how about you sleep in the tent with Orobas and I tonight, Ten? Praelia, you can come too. The tent feels big with only me in it..." he says as he scratches the back of his head. Yelling at the surroundings, he addresses Loki, "You can come too Loki...if you want." Try as he might, he still barely understood the ghost Pokemon but it was only polite to offer right? If anything, it would help Ten feel wanted.
    Ten follows you into the tent and plops down in a corner, instantly falling asleep. Praelia finds a comfortable spot as well to stay for the night.

After you yell out for Loki, nothing happens for a bit, but as you start to settle in to sleep, Loki suddenly floats through the tent and right up to you. He playfully flies around your head while laughing and then flies back off into the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loki's loyalty increases!
    No encounter roll for tonight, just some peaceful rest.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas goes to sleep with a smile on his face, waving off Loki's antics with a smile on his face. There was only a few more days left until they reached Xylo, and meaning they needed to conserve as much strength as they possibly could before challenging the gym. Orobas was clearly his strongest Pokemon at the moment, which meant his other Pokemon would need some training to equalize that gap "Tomorrow..." he whispers, as he drifts off into oblivion.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-11 at 10:06 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #947

"Thales, get out there, provide a target. Get a coat of water; they won't be able to touch you."

The Oshawott looks at his trainer in shock. Use him? As bait?

"Do it! You can attack them later!"

The Oshawott, none to happy with the docile order, coats itself in water and heads out, providing a prime target.

"Shovel! Get down!" Pitch shouts, turning to the Charmeleon, knife in his hand.

"Hello there," he says, gripping its shoulder and thrusting towards the stomach of the beast with his knife.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales shifts to E5 and uses Water Sport.
    Shovel shifts down 4, over 2.
    Pitch uses Arms Attack!
    AC: 4 (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d20)[8]
    Crit: (1d20)[5]
    The Charmeleon's eyes widen as your knife plunges deep into its chest. It twitches a bit before falling over, unconscious.

You can see the Charmeleon over by Carn's hiding place send two Charmanders in first. A few moments later, the bodies of those Charmanders fall back out of the thick grass. Looks like Carn's having fun over there.

The horde of salamanders advances and sends another volley of fireballs, this time aimed at Thales.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ember! x7 (6 'mander, 1 'meleon)
    AC 2 (1d20)[17], (1d20)[8], (1d20)[5], (1d20)[18], (1d20)[13], (1d20)[6], (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[23], (1d12+14)[25], (1d12+14)[15], (1d12+14)[22], (1d12+14)[25], (1d12+14)[15], (1d12+18)[23]
    Crits, if neccessary: (1d12+6)[16], (1d12+6)[10], (1d12+6)[16], (1d12+6)[9], (1d12+6)[7], (1d12+6)[11], (1d12+6)[7]
    (Holy ****)

18. - Top - End - #948

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Pa'ao batted away the fourth of the claws, staring into the stunky defiantly. The look on his face didn't change as he fell face-forward - he seemed more angry with his body for not cooperating with him than in pain. He looked up, clawing at the ground - as he slammed one clawed fist into the ground, furious that he literally couldn't continue.

Whoa. Mordecai made a mental note to talk to Pa'ao after this to make sure it was okay. "Pa'ao - that's enough, return!" He paused, contemplating his options for a moment. Kaulu or Paka?

"Kaulu, it's your turn!" And out came the ball. The mankey was completely silent as he came out, clasping one fist into another before falling into a fighting stance.

"Kaulu! Give him your own Fury swipes!"

And the mankey delivered a series of... punches.

Spoiler
    Show

Fury Swipes! Kaulu stops when he misses! (Acc 4)
    Attack roll 1: [roll0]
    Attack roll 2: [roll1]
    Attack roll 3: [roll2]
    Attack roll 4: [roll3]
    Attack roll 5: [roll4]

Damage roll 1: [roll5]
    Damage roll 2: [roll6]
    Damage roll 3: [roll7]
    Damage roll 4: [roll8]
    Damage roll 5: [roll9]

Kaulu's ferocious barrage of punches pummel the Stunky into the ground, knocking it out and ending the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Kamoho gains (15*20*2) = 600 EXP!
    Pa'ao gains (10*14*2) + (10*12*2) = 520 EXP!
    Kaulu gains (10*12*2) = 240 EXP!

"Oh man! That was a great fight, Mordecai!" Preston exclaims as he returns his Stunky.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch grins as the Charmeleon slumps to the ground. If Shovel kept dropping so many, he'd be more than useful. He needed to think of a real name for the little guy...

"Shovel, take some pressure of Thales!" Pitch shouts, watching the burst of flame hurt the Oshawott, even through the extra coat.

The mole moves again, this time surfacing below the Charmeleon, the earth quaking once again, tremors rolling out towards the nearby Charmander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bulldozin' fer dayz! Surfacing at H6.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[18] -1SPEED on hit.
    Damage: (2d10+23)[31]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[11]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-11 at 10:16 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #950

Leo looked at the the blog in disgust. He didn't have perfect grammar, but at least he could use basic English. The ranch looked interesting though. He may be able to get some battling tips from the best in the league.

Moving off the bed, Leo released Xianti. The feebas looked around the room in confusion. Xianti, my name is Leo, and I know your old trainer. She traded you to me, and said you were a great pokemon. I'd like to introduce you to you new family. Leo introduced his other pokemon to the fish, and Piri Piri jollily offered a small berry that he had kept from the clearing to the feebas.

I can cook a little bit, and as soon as I get my hands on some of the right berries, we'll get you evolved to a miolotic in no time.
    The Feebas just sort of flops around while everyone gets introduced. Tamara wasn't kidding when she mentioned it was rather...simple. It does, however, snatch up the berry and enjoy eating it. It nods noncommittally while you speak.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope its more responsive as a miolotic. Leo returns the pokemon with a sigh, and starts doing some reading until his parents get home. When they do, he lets them know that he's planning on leaving early the next day, and goes to bed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952

Nikolas goes to sleep with a smile on his face, waving off Loki's antics with a smile on his face. There was only a few more days left until they reached Xylo, and meaning they needed to conserve as much strength as they possibly could before challenging the gym. Orobas was clearly his strongest Pokemon at the moment, which meant his other Pokemon would need some training to equalize that gap "Tomorrow..." he whispers, as he drifts off into oblivion.
    You have a peaceful night of rest with your pokemon by your side. The next morning, you're awoken not by a lick from Loki, but from a series of nudges from Ten. He seems eager to get on the road with a family that actually wants him.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Giggling gently, he pats Ten's shell and packs everything back into his bag. In addition to placing Orobas on his shoulder, he bends down and plants Trapinch on his shoulder. "Let's get going shall we?" Giving Ten a little pat before setting off, Nikolas gets back onto the trail.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #954

Pitch grins as the Charmeleon slumps to the ground. If Shovel kept dropping so many, he'd be more than useful. He needed to think of a real name for the little guy...

"Shovel, take some pressure of Thales!" Pitch shouts, watching the burst of flame hurt the Oshawott, even through the extra coat.

The mole moves again, this time surfacing below the Charmeleon, the earth quaking once again, tremors rolling out towards the nearby Charmander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bulldozin' fer dayz! Surfacing at H6.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[2] -1SPEED on hit.
    Damage: (1d12+17)[25]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]
    Once again, Shovel's reemergence is accompanied by a powerful quake which sends bodies flying. All the nearby Charmanders are flung outward to join their brethren across the clearing's floor. The Charmeleon right above where Shovel resurfaced gets flung straight up and lands headfirst a few feet away, knocked out cold.

Over by Carn, the remaining Charmeleon heads through the thicket and is not seen again.

As the last of the Charmander arrive to the fight, a trio of Charmander decide to quell the recurring threat by growling menacingly at Shovel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl! x3

The remaining Charmeleon advances up to Shovel and belches fire point-blank at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ember!
    AC2 (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d12+17)[25]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]

25. - Top - End - #955

I hope its more responsive as a miolotic. Leo returns the pokemon with a sigh, and starts doing some reading until his parents get home. When they do, he lets them know that he's planning on leaving early the next day, and goes to bed.
    Your parents arrive fairly late at night, lamenting how long the day was. Your father wishes you luck and your mother hugs you tightly.

"Be safe, be healthy! You better call us often. And come back and visit soon!"

You have a peaceful night of sleep.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch's smile fades as the beasts growl at Shovel. He was cowering before them; covering! When he was demolishing their numbers with ease!

"Thales, move. Aerial Ace. Finish off the Charmeleon."

As Pitch says this, he steps out of the grass, releasing Dilos by his side.

"I'll need to have you make one of these seize up again, alright?" Pitch says, looking at the snake expectantly. "Not yet, but be ready."

As Pitch says this, Thales gives a watery cry, flying forward with his shell and leaping into the air, cutting down and across as he falls upon the Charmeleon from above, his technique leaving no room for escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    AC: None! (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d10+21)[34]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[20]

Show

27. - Top - End - #957

Giggling gently, he pats Ten's shell and packs everything back into his bag. In addition to placing Orobas on his shoulder, he bends down and plants Trapinch on his shoulder. "Let's get going shall we?" Giving Ten a little pat before setting off, Nikolas gets back onto the trail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have neat shoulder pads.

Alone on the road once more--or perhaps not so alone after all--you walk for a while as the scenery around you shifts from the coastal area around the path you took from Orum to the grassland leading to Xylo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Encounter roll time!

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

Your parents arrive fairly late at night, lamenting how long the day was. Your father wishes you luck and your mother hugs you tightly.

"Be safe, be healthy! You better call us often. And come back and visit soon!"

You have a peaceful night of sleep.
    Leo wakes up at the crack of dawn, and cooks a quick meal for his pokemon. He starts trying to use different flavors in his food with mixed results. After breakfast, Leo and Piri Piri head out on the road to Xylo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking! (1d4+5)[6]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #959

Pitch's smile fades as the beasts growl at Shovel. He was cowering before them; covering! When he was demolishing their numbers with ease!

"Thales, move. Aerial Ace. Finish off the Charmeleon."

As Pitch says this, he steps out of the grass, releasing Dilos by his side.

"I'll need to have you make one of these seize up again, alright?" Pitch says, looking at the snake expectantly. "Not yet, but be ready."

As Pitch says this, Thales gives a watery cry, flying forward with his shell and leaping into the air, cutting down and across as he falls upon the Charmeleon from above, his technique leaving no room for escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    AC: None! (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[17]
    Crit: (1d20)[3]
    On the other side of the grass, your presence draws the nearest Charmander's attention. Startled, it shoots a fireball at more out of instinct than anything else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ember! On Pitch.
    AC 2 (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[17]

Another nearby Charmander saunters up to help its buddy, and snarling at you to try to weaken your resolve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl! On Pitch.

Two of the remaining Charmander spit some fire toward Shovel, while a third takes aim at Thales.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ember! x2 on Shovel, third on Thales
    AC 2 (1d20)[3], (1d20)[9], (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[21], (1d12+14)[19], (1d12+14)[18]

The last Charmander starts to make a move, but in the blink of an eye Carn has flown out of the grass and eliminated it.

For the first time, the numbers are actually about even on both sides.

30. - Top - End - #960

Leo wakes up at the crack of dawn, and cooks a quick meal for his pokemon. He starts trying to use different flavors in his food with mixed results. After breakfast, Leo and Piri Piri head out on the road to Xylo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking! [roll0]
    You are able to whip up enough food for the whole gang, and though it isn't a complete success, you do learn some useful tidbits about cooking different flavors.

Your mother catches up to you as you walk out the door. "Leo! Be safe...and don't forget to say goodbye to Miss Wrystone!" she adds amusedly.