New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Pitch snarls as he's hit with the burst of flames, angry at himself for stepping out too soon.

"Shovel, show them it will take more than that to stop you! Again! Bulldoze!"

Shovel steps into a slightly more advantageous position and slams down on the earth, seeking to drop the remaining Charmander. The burns had smarted, but not as much as they should have. He'd have to thank Thales for that later.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[8] -1 SPEED
    Damage: (2d10+19)[26]

"Carn, grab the last one, but don't hurt it. He's coming with us."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You are able to whip up enough food for the whole gang, and though it isn't a complete success, you do learn some useful tidbits about cooking different flavors.

Your mother catches up to you as you walk out the door. "Leo! Be safe...and don't forget to say goodbye to Miss Wrystone!" she adds amusedly.
    Don't worry mom, I will!

Despite his mother's goading, Leo did in fact head to the gym to say goodbye to Halle. When he gets to the gym, he looks around the main room to see if she was there, and heads to her office if he can't see her among any early morning battlers.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch snarls as he's hit with the burst of flames, angry at himself for stepping out too soon.

"Shovel, show them it will take more than that to stop you! Again! Bulldoze!"

Shovel steps into a slightly more advantageous position and slams down on the earth, seeking to drop the remaining Charmander. The burns had smarted, but not as much as they should have. He'd have to thank Thales for that later.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: [roll0] -1 SPEED
    Damage: [roll1]

"Carn, grab the last one, but don't hurt it. He's coming with us."
    Shovel's third iteration of the earth-rending attack once again proves effective. Four of the five remaining Charmanders are caught in the radius, and they are sent sprawling.

The last one whimpers as Carn flies up behind it, holding one of his bladed arms up to its throat. "I suggest you resist the urge to struggle." Carn's voice is cold and unwavering. The Charmander's face is flushed with terror as it allows Carn to subdue it.

All around you, bodies of Charmander and Charmeleon lie battered and bruised. It's...a sight to behold.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle! (This includes the one Carn's captured)
    Shovel, Thales, and Pitch each gain [(21*15*10) + (4*30*15)] / 2 *1.2 = 1980 EXP! (Whoa.)

4. - Top - End - #964

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Don't worry mom, I will!

Despite his mother's goading, Leo did in fact head to the gym to say goodbye to Halle. When he gets to the gym, he looks around the main room to see if she was there, and heads to her office if he can't see her among any early morning battlers.
    Once inside the gym, you instantly notice Halle giving advice to a couple of gym trainers as they have a sparring match. "Don't forget that fire types can learn rock type moves! That can punish the challengers for leaning too heavily on flying types against our grass types."

When she sees you, she waves and motions you over to her, "Leo! How's it going?"

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch grins, looking around at the carnage. It truly was a sight to behold. He and his team against, what? Four to one? Five to one? Whatever it was, heavily stacked odds. Maybe the Charmander should have brought more friends.

Pitch calls Shovel and Thales over, kneeling down to their level.

"You two did well. Thales, your coats kept us all healthy and unhurt. And Shovel! Shovel! You destroyed those Charmander! I told you coming with me would make you stronger, did I not?" Pitch says, rubbing the mole's head. "We'll see about getting you a new name later; you've earned it."

Pitch rubs the two on the head, well pleased, then heads over to where Carn and the captive are.

"Hello there," Pitch says, his trademark grin on his face. "You are quite the survivor, aren't you? Your friends fall like flies, yet you stay standing. How does that work?" he says, looking at it. "It couldn't have been on purpose, could it?" he says, knife hovering close to the Charmander's face.

"Here's how things will work. I have a Pokeball. You are a Pokemon. If you come with me, I leave all of your friends here as they are. Unconscious, but alive. If you resist, they will die. All of them. It's quite simple, really. If you come with us you will be treated well. You will become stronger than you can possibly imagine. You saw what Shovel," he says, gesturing towards the Drilbur, "was capable of. Before I found him he was far from that. It's has only been what, five days? Six? Imagine what you could do in a month."

Pitch stops talking, turning around to beckon Dilos over.

"Your choice. Choose wisely."

Show

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

Once inside the gym, you instantly notice Halle giving advice to a couple of gym trainers as they have a sparring match. "Don't forget that fire types can learn rock type moves! That can punish the challengers for leaning too heavily on flying types against our grass types."

When she sees you, she waves and motions you over to her, "Leo! How's it going?"
    Don't blush, whatever you do Leo, Don't. Blush. He succeeded, for the most part. Hey Halle. It's going well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving for Xylo today, and I ... I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Giggling gently, he pats Ten's shell and packs everything back into his bag. In addition to placing Orobas on his shoulder, he bends down and plants Trapinch on his shoulder. "Let's get going shall we?" Giving Ten a little pat before setting off, Nikolas gets back onto the trail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, didn't notice the encounter roll. Responding to your roll of 102 (!) now.

You and your Pokemon travel along the grassy plains unimpeded until just before noon, when all of a sudden, you hear the sound of hooves behind you. When you wheel around, all you see is a black-and-yellow blur traveling around you in a circle. While you're trying to follow it with your eyes, a second blur appears as well! The clattering of hooves suddenly stops as one of the twin blurs forms into a solid object in front of you and the other one stops behind you.

The best way to describe them would be...half yellow horse with white antennae and half black...animated tail. They look strange.

At any rate, their loud stamping hooves make it clear they're looking for a fight!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    They've used Agility on their first turn, it's your move now. Standard battle rules. OOC heads up, they're level 20+

8. - Top - End - #968

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch grins, looking around at the carnage. It truly was a sight to behold. He and his team against, what? Four to one? Five to one? Whatever it was, heavily stacked odds. Maybe the Charmander should have brought more friends.

Pitch calls Shovel and Thales over, kneeling down to their level.

"You two did well. Thales, your coats kept us all healthy and unhurt. And Shovel! Shovel! You destroyed those Charmander! I told you coming with me would make you stronger, did I not?" Pitch says, rubbing the mole's head. "We'll see about getting you a new name later; you've earned it."

Pitch rubs the two on the head, well pleased, then heads over to where Carn and the captive are.

"Hello there," Pitch says, his trademark grin on his face. "You are quite the survivor, aren't you? Your friends fall like flies, yet you stay standing. How does that work?" he says, looking at it. "It couldn't have been on purpose, could it?" he says, knife hovering close to the Charmander's face.

"Here's how things will work. I have a Pokeball. You are a Pokemon. If you come with me, I leave all of your friends here as they are. Unconscious, but alive. If you resist, they will die. All of them. It's quite simple, really. If you come with us you will be treated well. You will become stronger than you can possibly imagine. You saw what Shovel," he says, gesturing towards the Drilbur, "was capable of. Before I found him he was far from that. It's has only been what, five days? Six? Imagine what you could do in a month."

Pitch stops talking, turning around to beckon Dilos over.

"Your choice. Choose wisely."
    The Charmander looks around, surveying the battlefield, lamenting the sight of all its friends and family laid low like their lives meant nothing. A single tear escapes its eye as it nods. "Char."

Carn nods, confirming the Charmander's choice, and lets it go.

Spoiler
    Show
    +25 mod for being willing to get captured. This means you can still natural 100 fail, muahaha!

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch gently taps the Charmander with the Pokeball, not trying to hurt it. He wasn't a monster after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[21]

Show

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Turning his head back and forth, Nikolas warily regards the yellow Pokemon. Not wanting to show his apprehension toward the fight to his newest capture, he clears his throat and looks down at Ten. "C'mon, it's your first chance to prove yourself," he says encouragingly, "just do your best. Orobas and I will be here to cover for you."

Pointing at the nearest four-legged Pokemon, he orders an attack. "Ten, give it your best shot." With the order given, Nikolas bends down and picks up a rock to throw at the remaining wild Pokemon. Better him than his other two Pokemon at least.

Nikolas
    Free Action: Begin Scan
    Trainer Action: Throw Rock at G1
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11]

Bishamonten
    Trapinch shifts to G9 and uses Faint Attack (Dark)~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[4] Faint Attack Never Misses
    Damage: (2d10+23)[39]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-12 at 12:15 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #971

Don't blush, whatever you do Leo, Don't. Blush. He succeeded, for the most part. Hey Halle. It's going well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving for Xylo today, and I ... I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me.
    "Aww, no problem, Leo. Come here," she says, hugging you. "After all, it's my job, right? Well, I hope you do well out there. I'll warn Zayir about you," she jokes with a wink.

As you walk out, she calls out after you, "I'll be waiting for you to come back and challenge me!"

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Trying to ignore the thunderous sound of his beating heart, Leo thanks Halle again and then leaves the gym. with Piri Piri happily eating snacks by his side, Leo Blackwell leaves Wrystone and takes the road to Xylo.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973

Pitch gently taps the Charmander with the Pokeball, not trying to hurt it. He wasn't a monster after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d8+30)[46]
    As the Charmander is pulled into the Pokeball, a tear falls off its face to the ground. The Pokeball jiggles around a bit, but soon clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Charmander!
    Male, level 10
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Quiet
    HP 4
    ATK 5
    DEF 4
    SATK 6 (+2)
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 7 (-2)
    100% HP
    Loyalty <1 (not firmly at 0, though)

With the last Charmander gone, the clearing feels particularly still--

CHAR!

Before you even have time to look up for what made that ear-splitting roar, a massive blast of fire slams down into your group, centered on you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flame Burst, motha****a!
    Ignoring the AC roll, hits but doesn't crit.
    Damage: (3d8+30)[46] on Pitch with the others losing 1/16 of their max HP.
    Well, ****.

Your ears are ringing, your eyes are blinded, and to top it off you're on fire! Well, that's not altogether accurate. It's more like everything's on fire.

A large, regal, almost draconic-looking orange beast with wide blueish wings lands a few feet from you. It looks decidedly pissed off as it roars again, dissipating the smoke caused by its opening volley.

As more of the area becomes visible, one thing does look noticeably different: Thales. He's now taller, bluer, and all-around more intimidating. He helps put out the fires on and around you before communicating with his eyes that this battle will be finished, one way or another.

"Looks like we have company," Carn deadpans.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales evolved into a Dewott!
    All your pokemon are under your control, and normal rules apply. Good luck!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 12:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch shouts in pain at the flames. The burning, the heat... It hurt. He looks at the dragon, murder in his eyes. He should run. Everything said run. If he wanted to live, he would run. But this thing had assaulted his family, assaulted his friends. And Pitch wasn't going to let that stand.

"Everybody, scatter! Dilos, try to slow it down! Glare!" Pitch says, dashing across the field. Everybody scatters except Thales, actually running AT the beast, dual shell blades ready to cut the thing to ribbons. Shovel burries straight down. Carn flies upwards and away, trying to put some distance in. Pitch runs to the left, scooping up Outlet and tossing him further that direction. Dilos stays in place, trying to fix the beast with his powerful stare.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glare!
    (1d20)[9]

Shovel is going 6 straight down. Carn is 4 up.

Pitch downs a Fresh Water, sighing in relief as the restorative liquid starts to heal the burns.

Show

15. - Top - End - #975

Turning his head back and forth, Nikolas warily regards the yellow Pokemon. Not wanting to show his apprehension toward the fight to his newest capture, he clears his throat and looks down at Ten. "C'mon, it's your first chance to prove yourself," he says encouragingly, "just do your best. Orobas and I will be here to cover for you."

Pointing at the nearest four-legged Pokemon, he orders an attack. "Ten, give it your best shot." With the order given, Nikolas bends down and picks up a rock to throw at the remaining wild Pokemon. Better him than his other two Pokemon at least.

Nikolas
    Free Action: Begin Scan
    Trainer Action: Throw Rock at G1
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

Bishamonten
    Trapinch shifts to G9 and uses Faint Attack (Dark)~!
    Accuracy Check: [roll2] Faint Attack Never Misses
    Damage: [roll3]
    Your Pokedex starts beeping as it retrieves information. Meanwhile, Ten's attack looks to be quite effective as the little Trapinch is able to bring down the much larger wild pokemon in a single blow!

This, however, causes the other Girafarig, which effortlessly avoids your thrown rock, to call for backup. In the blink of an eye, two more of these wilds join the battle on either side of you next to some ditches. As they also start to run circles around you, the first one sizes Orobas up with a menacing growl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl aimed at Orobas, and Agility x2

16. - Top - End - #976

Trying to ignore the thunderous sound of his beating heart, Leo thanks Halle again and then leaves the gym. with Piri Piri happily eating snacks by his side, Leo Blackwell leaves Wrystone and takes the road to Xylo.
    With the morning sun shining down on you comfortably, the occasional cool breeze accompanies the beginning of your trek from Wrystrone to Xylo. A logger working on the side of the road that you recognize as a regular waves to you as you walk by. "Good luck out there!

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, so the drill on the road is to roll a 1d100 for encounter strength. You can either add your CON stat or subtract your INT stat, and the general scale is lower numbers = less challenging.

17. - Top - End - #977

Pitch shouts in pain at the flames. The burning, the heat... It hurt. He looks at the dragon, murder in his eyes. He should run. Everything said run. If he wanted to live, he would run. But this thing had assaulted his family, assaulted his friends. And Pitch wasn't going to let that stand.

"Everybody, scatter! Dilos, try to slow it down! Glare!" Pitch says, dashing across the field. Everybody scatters except Thales, actually running AT the beast, dual shell blades ready to cut the thing to ribbons. Shovel burries straight down. Carn flies upwards and away, trying to put some distance in. Pitch runs to the left, scooping up Outlet and tossing him further that direction. Dilos stays in place, trying to fix the beast with his powerful stare.

Spoiler
    Show
    Glare!
    [roll0]

Shovel is going 6 straight down. Carn is 4 up.

Pitch downs a Fresh Water, sighing in relief as the restorative liquid starts to heal the burns.
    The Charizard eyes you menacingly as you bark orders and regards your Ekans with amusement as Dilos glares at it. But the Charizard underestimated just how paralyzing Dilos's stare can be, and finds itself unable to move as a result.

Try as it might to do something--anything--in response to your team scattering, it cannot move a muscle. Through sheer will with some added frustration due to its impotence, it does manage to let loose another fearsome roar, violently shaking the nearby trees. It turns to the approaching Dewott, and a look of skeptic condescension washes over the Charizard's face.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 01:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

"Thales! Kick his fire breathing ass!" Pitch shouts. "Take his head off!"

And Thales does just that, his newly evolved legs propelling him higher than ever before as his twin shells slash across the Charizard's face. He lands in balance on the other side, back turned to the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I even need to say the Move?

AC: CRIT! (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[31]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[20]

Show

19. - Top - End - #979

"Thales! Kick his fire breathing ass!" Pitch shouts. "Take his head off!"

And Thales does just that, his newly evolved legs propelling him higher than ever before as his twin shells slash across the Charizard's face. He lands in balance on the other side, back turned to the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I even need to say the Move?

AC: CRIT! (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (3d8+30)[48]
    Crit: (3d8+10)[29]
    The Charizard is not amused by Thales' stylish attack, shouting out in pain and instantly releasing another massive burst of flame from its mouth, point black at Thales almost as he lands on the ground. The resultant firestorm engulfs Thales and the Charizard completely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flame Burst!
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (3d8+30)[48]
    Crit: (3d8+10)[29]
    Flash Fire = +1 STAB for the next attack, yay!

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

"THALES!"

Pitch sees the mushroom cloud of flames roar down on his Dewott and cries out, running towards the Charizard without thought for his own safety. He gets closer, expecting to see the burned and mangled corpse of his precious Thales...

Only to see the Dewott kneeling, shell blades raised above to block the flames. That thin coat of water still surrounds him, protecting him from the brunt of the attack. Still, the blast brought him to his knees, almost dropping him.

"Thales, don't attack! Focus and let me get something on you!"Pulling out a Super Potion, Pitch sprays it over Dewott as it tightens its focus, preparing for its next blow.

Pulling out his knife, Pitch turns towards the Charizard, a mad grin on his face. He was outgunned, outsized, and horribly outmatched. But Thales could do this all day. And so would he.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super Potion on Thales.
    (3d12+20)[39]
    And Thales is using Focus Energy.

Show

21. - Top - End - #981

"THALES!"

Pitch sees the mushroom cloud of flames roar down on his Dewott and cries out, running towards the Charizard without thought for his own safety. He gets closer, expecting to see the burned and mangled corpse of his precious Thales...

Only to see the Dewott kneeling, shell blades raised above to block the flames. That thin coat of water still surrounds him, protecting him from the brunt of the attack. Still, the blast brought him to his knees, almost dropping him.

"Thales, don't attack! Focus and let me get something on you!"Pulling out a Super Potion, Pitch sprays it over Dewott as it tightens its focus, preparing for its next blow.

Pulling out his knife, Pitch turns towards the Charizard, a mad grin on his face. He was outgunned, outsized, and horribly outmatched. But Thales could do this all day. And so would he.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super Potion on Thales.
    (1d20)[16]
    And Thales is using Focus Energy.
    Your touching moment of unity with Thales is perhaps complicated just a bit by the Charizard once again being able to will itself to move through the paralysis.

Positively incensed at this point, the beast aims a stream of draconic rage straight for your face, accompanied by another earsplitting roar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragon Rage!
    AC 2 (1d20)[16] for 40 damage if it hits.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 01:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

The blast of fire knocks Pitch backwards, sending him hurtling to the ground. Reaching into his pack he desperately drinks a Lemonade, needing the restorative energy. Once again he sighs in relief at the healing. He regretted having to use the expensive one, but he really had no choice here.

Thales was moving before the attack even began. He once again leaps into the air, aiming for the shoulder this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    Crit 17-20: (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[36]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[12]

Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Your Pokedex starts beeping as it retrieves information. Meanwhile, Ten's attack looks to be quite effective as the little Trapinch is able to bring down the much larger wild pokemon in a single blow!

This, however, causes the other Girafarig, which effortlessly avoids your thrown rock, to call for backup. In the blink of an eye, two more of these wilds join the battle on either side of you next to some ditches. As they also start to run circles around you, the first one sizes Orobas up with a menacing growl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl aimed at Orobas, and Agility x2
    Nikolas is left amazed as the miniscule Pokemon slams into the much larger with apparent ease. He has no time to remain shocked however, as two more quadrupeds break onto the scene. "Good job, Ten! Keep up the good work. Now attack the new arrivals," he orders encouragingly.

Quickly assessing the situation, he puts the next part of his plan into action. Glaring bitterly at the remaining Pokemon, Nikolas dashes a few feet forward and uses the momentum of his movement to throw yet another rock at the first wild, hoping to attract its attention. With the way he was positioned, at least one of remaining Pokemon would have a clear shot at Orobas, meaning he would need to divert its anger away from the the small psychic type. "If this keeps up I'll need to invest in some actual weapons..."

Nikolas
    Nikolas shifts to G6 and throws a rock at G1~!
    Trainer Action: Throw rock at G1
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16]

Bishamonten
    Shift to J8 and use Bite (Dark) on G3~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[39]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah! Nice one, Kaulu!"

The mankey crossed his arms, nodding. Mordecai nodded to Preston. "You battled really well! I just got really lucky in there mostly."

He thumbed towards town itself. "Is this your first time in Port Tidings? Not that it's hard to find, but I can help show you to the pokemon centre - I gotta go there myself, heh, as you really did a number to us too."

Kamoho turned his head away with an annoyed, "Dile."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

With the morning sun shining down on you comfortably, the occasional cool breeze accompanies the beginning of your trek from Wrystrone to Xylo. A logger working on the side of the road that you recognize as a regular waves to you as you walk by. "Good luck out there!

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, so the drill on the road is to roll a 1d100 for encounter strength. You can either add your CON stat or subtract your INT stat, and the general scale is lower numbers = less challenging.
    As Leo walks the route, he always has one of his pokemon by his side: usually it's Piri Piri stuffing his face with goodies from the roadside. A sense of urgency followed the duo. Leo wanted to get to Serenity Tower so he could figure out what his horrific nightmare meant, and Piri Piri was looking forward to sampling the cuisine of wherever they ended up.

Throughout the day, Leo kept his eye open for any fruits that he could use in cooking experiments. Dry food would be best, as he wanted to evolve Xianti as soon as he could, but he really needed to learn to cook any type of non-spicy food, as his team was developing a more diverse palate than what Piri Piri and Nightlock had.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100-16)[-1] Going easy for now, I'd rather have difficult encounters when I'm near a pokemon center. Also, assuming nothiing drastic happens, when will I arrive at the ranch?

Also perception check for berries (not sure if I can do this, but i'll try) (1d20+5)[12]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986

The blast of fire knocks Pitch backwards, sending him hurtling to the ground. Reaching into his pack he desperately drinks a Lemonade, needing the restorative energy. Once again he sighs in relief at the healing. He regretted having to use the expensive one, but he really had no choice here.

Thales was moving before the attack even began. He once again leaps into the air, aiming for the shoulder this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerial Ace!
    Crit 17-20: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (3d8+27)[45]
    Crit: (3d8+10)[24]
    The Charizard's eyes follow Thales as he soars through the air and brings his shells down on the beast's shoulder. It recoils in pain, then fights through the paralysis to try to snap its flame-filled jaws shut on the offending Dewott.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Fang!
    AC 3 (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (3d8+27)[45]
    Crit: (3d8+10)[24]
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 12:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Thales knocks aside the open jaws, using his shells as much for defense. As he lands he sprints forward then quickly pivots back, launching himself into the Charizard with a leaping Tackle. Not as graceful perhaps, but equally effective.

Pitch can only watch in shock as Thales dances around the brute, fighting like some ancient god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle!
    AC: 3 (1d20)[6] Crit 17-20
    Damage: (2d8+21)[25]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[17]

Show

28. - Top - End - #988

Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas is left amazed as the miniscule Pokemon slams into the much larger with apparent ease. He has no time to remain shocked however, as two more quadrupeds break onto the scene. "Good job, Ten! Keep up the good work. Now attack the new arrivals," he orders encouragingly.

Quickly assessing the situation, he puts the next part of his plan into action. Glaring bitterly at the remaining Pokemon, Nikolas dashes a few feet forward and uses the momentum of his movement to throw yet another rock at the first wild, hoping to attract its attention. With the way he was positioned, at least one of remaining Pokemon would have a clear shot at Orobas, meaning he would need to divert its anger away from the the small psychic type. "If this keeps up I'll need to invest in some actual weapons..."

Nikolas
    Nikolas shifts to G6 and throws a rock at G1~!
    Trainer Action: Throw rock at G1
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (3d8+21)[31]

Bishamonten
    Shift to J8 and use Bite (Dark) on G3~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d10)[1]
    Damage: (1d20)[13]
    Ten tries his best to repeat his one-hit-knockout on this newcomer, but the Girafarig is able to narrowly escape being caught between Ten's powerful jaws. Having seen the kind of damage Ten can do, the wild pokemon responds by raising its front hooves and bringing them down on top of your small Trapinch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stomp! (on a small target)
    AC 2 (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (3d8+21)[31] + (1d10)[1]

The Girafarig you target with the rock is once again able to deftly avoid your improvised projectile. Your actions do, however, successfully get both of the remaining Girafarigs' attention. They both fire a wave of Psychic energy which intersect directly at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[13] & (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (2d8+18)[21] & (2d8+18)[24]

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah! Nice one, Kaulu!"

The mankey crossed his arms, nodding. Mordecai nodded to Preston. "You battled really well! I just got really lucky in there mostly."

He thumbed towards town itself. "Is this your first time in Port Tidings? Not that it's hard to find, but I can help show you to the pokemon centre - I gotta go there myself, heh, as you really did a number to us too."

Kamoho turned his head away with an annoyed, "Dile."
    Preston nods. "Yeah, I've never actually been anywhere outside of Elrem until now! ...It's strange," he says, looking around. "And sure, I'd appreciate the help finding stuff."

He follows you back into town. "So did you just start recently, too?"

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's not too far."

Mordecai nodded, walking towards the centre as he spoke. Kaulu followed close behind, Kamoho still on his shoulder. "Yep! I became a trainer yesterday, actually - although man, it feels like forever ago. Port Tidings is a great place - make sure you visit the docks while you're here, it's awesome."

"How long ago did you start? I'm still trying to work out being able to take a trip myself - it feels like I have a long way to go. Oh - and you said Elrem? What's Elrem like?"

"Dile!"

Kamoho's interjection made Mordecai aware that he wasn't giving Preston a chance to speak, and thus he shut up.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics