New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Ten tries his best to repeat his one-hit-knockout on this newcomer, but the Girafarig is able to narrowly escape being caught between Ten's powerful jaws. Having seen the kind of damage Ten can do, the wild pokemon responds by raising its front hooves and bringing them down on top of your small Trapinch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stomp! (on a small target)
    AC 2 (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[33] + [roll2]

The Girafarig you target with the rock is once again able to deftly avoid your improvised projectile. Your actions do, however, successfully get both of the remaining Girafarigs' attention. They both fire a wave of Psychic energy which intersect directly at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion! x2
    AC 2 [roll3] & [roll4]
    Damage: [roll5] & [roll6]
    Nikolas winces when Ten gets stomped on but is left no time to mourn as the two yellow Pokemon tear into him with their own respective attacks. Spluttering in pain, he manages to cough out an order to Ten before drinking down another restorative liquid., "Ten, don't let is discourage you. Just keep your fight up." Through his haze of pain, he looks down to Orobas apologetically says, "Sorry buddy, but I don't think I can take another one of those for you..." With the drink's energy renewing him, he dashes behind the yellow Pokemon, " and I still need to heal Ten, as well."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Drink Enriched Water.
    Shift Action: Move to I8.

Bishamonten:
    Use Faint Attack (Dark) on G3~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[20] Cannot Miss
    Damage Check: (2d10+23)[33] + (2d10+8)[17] for a total of 50 damage.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-12 at 04:21 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch decides to help Thales, taking his knife and, taking a running start, leaps onto the Charizard's back, bringing the small knife down between the beasts' shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 4 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[21]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    As Leo walks the route, he always has one of his pokemon by his side: usually it's Piri Piri stuffing his face with goodies from the roadside. A sense of urgency followed the duo. Leo wanted to get to Serenity Tower so he could figure out what his horrific nightmare meant, and Piri Piri was looking forward to sampling the cuisine of wherever they ended up.

Throughout the day, Leo kept his eye open for any fruits that he could use in cooking experiments. Dry food would be best, as he wanted to evolve Xianti as soon as he could, but he really needed to learn to cook any type of non-spicy food, as his team was developing a more diverse palate than what Piri Piri and Nightlock had.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Going easy for now, I'd rather have difficult encounters when I'm near a pokemon center. Also, assuming nothiing drastic happens, when will I arrive at the ranch?

Also perception check for berries (not sure if I can do this, but i'll try) [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well shoot, -1 on the roll means no combat! And you'll come across the ranch near the start of your third day on the road assuming nothing terrible happens.

Your first day on the road is positively serene, with nary a threat in sight as you stroll along. The closest thing you come to a dangerous situation is when a Sigilyph flies overhead, low enough to scan but too high to engage. It doesn't seem to notice or care that you're on the ground as it flutters by.

In the middle of the afternoon, your keen eye spots a few bushes of berries off the side of the road! They have mostly been picked clean by the area's natural inhabitants, but you are able to pluck a handful of 'em. You end up with three Pamtre (Dry, Sweet) Berries, two Durin (Bitter, Sour) Berries, and an Oran Berry for your troubles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and you'll also be uninterrupted for the rest of the day so you can fast forward to setting up camp if you want.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 06:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "It's not too far."

Mordecai nodded, walking towards the centre as he spoke. Kaulu followed close behind, Kamoho still on his shoulder. "Yep! I became a trainer yesterday, actually - although man, it feels like forever ago. Port Tidings is a great place - make sure you visit the docks while you're here, it's awesome."

"How long ago did you start? I'm still trying to work out being able to take a trip myself - it feels like I have a long way to go. Oh - and you said Elrem? What's Elrem like?"

"Dile!"

Kamoho's interjection made Mordecai aware that he wasn't giving Preston a chance to speak, and thus he shut up.
    "What?! You only started yesterday? Sheesh, I have some serious work to do then!" Preston says with a chuckle. "Me, I started a little over two weeks ago now. It took a while to muster up the courage to finally leave, you know? But Elrem's nice. It's...peaceful. Calm. It's real nature-y, I suppose you could say."

Preston sighs, "I was thinking about challenging Leia, but if I lost to a trainer who just started yesterday, I'm probably nowhere near ready for her..."

5. - Top - End - #995

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas winces when Ten gets stomped on but is left no time to mourn as the two yellow Pokemon tear into him with their own respective attacks. Spluttering in pain, he manages to cough out an order to Ten before drinking down another restorative liquid., "Ten, don't let is discourage you. Just keep your fight up." Through his haze of pain, he looks down to Orobas apologetically says, "Sorry buddy, but I don't think I can take another one of those for you..." With the drink's energy renewing him, he dashes behind the yellow Pokemon, " and I still need to heal Ten, as well."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Drink Enriched Water.
    Shift Action: Move to I8.

Bishamonten:
    Use Faint Attack (Dark) on G3~!
    Accuracy Check: [roll0] Cannot Miss
    Damage Check: [roll1] + (2d10+8)[17] for a total of 50 damage.
    Ten's target's eyes widen as it loses track of Ten for a moment, and the next thing it knows, everything goes black. Ten's attack knocks the Girafarig out instantaneously.

Seeing the second of their comrades fall to this little shiny golden menace, The remaining Girafarigs give each other a look before running over toward Ten, growling at him in an attempt to weaken him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl! x2 aimed at Ten

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Not one to leave things unfinished, least of all when his trainer's life is on the line, Orobas' crawls in front of Nikolas protectively and lets his eyes flare with psychic energy, unleashing the brunt of his assault on the clustered group of Girafarig. Grateful for his friend's timely aid, Nikolas bends down and retrieves a potion from his bag, spraying it tenderly over Ten's stomp-inflicted wounds. "Let's get you patched up while Orobas keeps them busy."

Nikoas
    Trainer Action: Use Potion on Ten
    Potion Heal: (2d12+10)[22]

Orobas
    Shift to I7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon)~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+19)[32]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

...and now Mordecai felt terrible. He hadn't meant to be boasting about it.

"Hey - don't sell yourself short! I just got really lucky - had Kamoho not gotten a lucky guess on Yamiyugi, or had you realized that Pa'ao was ground type, that match would have gone completely differently!"

Mordecai shook his head. "You can't really plan for luck. I mean hey - you made it here all the way from Elrem! You definitely should go give the gym a try - especially when you've come all this way!"

He paused. "I mean, I've already learned that I really should look into an area of effect attack in the future. That's the first time I've ever gone up against double team."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #998

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Thales knocks aside the open jaws, using his shells as much for defense. As he lands he sprints forward then quickly pivots back, launching himself into the Charizard with a leaping Tackle. Not as graceful perhaps, but equally effective.

Pitch can only watch in shock as Thales dances around the brute, fighting like some ancient god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle!
    AC: 3 (1d20)[9] Crit 17-20
    Damage: (2d10+26)[42]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[25]

Pitch decides to help Thales, taking his knife and, taking a running start, leaps onto the Charizard's back, bringing the small knife down between the beasts' shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 4 (1d20)[9]
    The Charizard grunts in pain as Thales' tackle knocks the wind out of it, and before it can regain its breath, your knife plunges into its back. Following that dual effort, you finally notice the beast slouch a little bit from the ongoing assault.

Unfortunately, your most recent attack has drawn the beast's ire. It fights through the paralysis and flails its large wings at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wing Attack! On Pitch
    AC 2 (1d20)[9]

The fire on the Charizard's tail is weakening.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Your first day on the road is positively serene, with nary a threat in sight as you stroll along. The closest thing you come to a dangerous situation is when a Sigilyph flies overhead, low enough to scan but too high to engage. It doesn't seem to notice or care that you're on the ground as it flutters by.

In the middle of the afternoon, your keen eye spots a few bushes of berries off the side of the road! They have mostly been picked clean by the area's natural inhabitants, but you are able to pluck a handful of 'em. You end up with three Pamtre (Dry, Sweet) Berries, two Durin (Bitter, Sour) Berries, and an Oran Berry for your troubles.
    When evening starts to set in, Leo finds a nice open alcove to spend the night. Putting his pack on the ground, he lets all of his pokemon except his new feebas, out to stretch their legs. Piri Piri and Nightlock immediately run off into the woods to find something tasty while Beula grazes peacefully.

Stay close you two. Time to set up the tent, shouldn't be too bad, then cooking with the berries he found. He'd make a poffin for the feebas; Tamara said she was close to evolving.

1 Hour Later

It turns out putting up a tent wasn't so easy. He'd followed the instructions, but all he'd accomplished was a mess of poles and nylon. Piri Piri and Nightlock had come back after feasting on some moss they found, and he hadn't really accomplished anything.

It was pathetic. He'd do this or die trying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pickup Roll! (1d20)[4]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Not one to leave things unfinished, least of all when his trainer's life is on the line, Orobas' crawls in front of Nikolas protectively and lets his eyes flare with psychic energy, unleashing the brunt of his assault on the clustered group of Girafarig. Grateful for his friend's timely aid, Nikolas bends down and retrieves a potion from his bag, spraying it tenderly over Ten's stomp-inflicted wounds. "Let's get you patched up while Orobas keeps them busy."

Nikoas
    Trainer Action: Use Potion on Ten
    Potion Heal: (1d20)[8]

Orobas
    Shift to I7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon)~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+20)[27]
    Orobas's attack catches the Girafarigs by surprise--they certainly were not expecting to be blasted by draconic energy. They are, however, both able to shake it off and turn their attention to Orobas. They scatter to avoid a repeat of what just happened and each fire some psychic energy at your Abra.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion! x2
    AC 2 (1d20)[8] & (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+20)[27] & (2d8+20)[28]
    Crits: (2d8+6)[16] & (2d8+6)[13]

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch keeps hold, even after the flaining winf, stabbing down over and over before leaping off. He somehow keeps his footing when he lands, staggering backwards, quickly stepping away from the beast. Thales jumps up, twists, and cuts across the offending wing, cutting through membrane. He lands facing the Charizard, blades at the ready, between the beast and his trainer.

Spoiler
    Show

Pitch:
    AC: 4(1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d12+9)[21]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[9]

Aerial Ace!
    Crit 17-20: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d10+23)[31]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[19]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

"Orobas, no!" Nikolas heart almost wrenches itself out of his chest when the two wild Pokemon focus their fire on his small yellow companion but is instantly relieved when the cunning Psychic-type stands itself up from the assault. Grinning, Nikolas stands himself up from his kneeling position to withdraw his last Pokeball and calls on Ten once more, "C'mon Ten, don't let your senior show you up. Make us proud!"

In a synchronized moment, both Pokemon and trainer move in unison. The Pokeball flies from Nikolas' grip and lands with a heavy clunk against the first Girafarig while Ten slams into the other with a resounding thud.

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Throw Pokeball at G1
    Capture Roll: (1d100+3)[61]

Bishamonten
    Shift to G7 and use Faint Attack (Dark)~! on G4
    Accuracy Check: (1d20-1)[16] Cannot Miss
    Damage: (2d10+21)[26]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

13. - Top - End - #1003

...and now Mordecai felt terrible. He hadn't meant to be boasting about it.

"Hey - don't sell yourself short! I just got really lucky - had Kamoho not gotten a lucky guess on Yamiyugi, or had you realized that Pa'ao was ground type, that match would have gone completely differently!"

Mordecai shook his head. "You can't really plan for luck. I mean hey - you made it here all the way from Elrem! You definitely should go give the gym a try - especially when you've come all this way!"

He paused. "I mean, I've already learned that I really should look into an area of effect attack in the future. That's the first time I've ever gone up against double team."
    Preson perks up after your reassurance. "Heh. Yeah, Double Team has been a real clutch move for us. You should see how confused wild pokemon get!" He chuckles. "Thanks, Mordecai."

You guys get to the Center soon. "Huh. Looks exactly the same."

14. - Top - End - #1004

Spoiler
    Show
    When evening starts to set in, Leo finds a nice open alcove to spend the night. Putting his pack on the ground, he lets all of his pokemon except his new feebas, out to stretch their legs. Piri Piri and Nightlock immediately run off into the woods to find something tasty while Beula grazes peacefully.

Stay close you two. Time to set up the tent, shouldn't be too bad, then cooking with the berries he found. He'd make a poffin for the feebas; Tamara said she was close to evolving.

1 Hour Later

It turns out putting up a tent wasn't so easy. He'd followed the instructions, but all he'd accomplished was a mess of poles and nylon. Piri Piri and Nightlock had come back after feasting on some moss they found, and he hadn't really accomplished anything.

It was pathetic. He'd do this or die trying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pickup Roll! [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't wanna dictate what you do, so this post won't be advancing you along very far. BUT it does stink to not find anything with pickup so...

While you continue to try to figure it out, Nightlock pokes you in the hip a few times. He holds his hand out and lying in his palm is a broken Ultra Ball. It looks apparently fixable, though you can't quite figure out how to do it.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

"Haha, I'm pretty sure they're standardized everywhere." He returned Kaulu, then turned to Kamoho. "Just for a second, Kamoho - I promise I'll let you out pretty quick."

"Dile."

He... hadn't exactly expected the totodile to nod at him. Huh. Still, he handed over his pokemon for healing.

"That does remind me, though - I need to get back out there! That was a great battle though - thanks!"

He definitely had a ways to go - one battle had put him in some real trouble, and there could potentially be several battles on the road. Plus, he had to have a talk with Pa'ao. Although he did have to watch it - he didn't mind training himself ragged, but he didn't want to train his pokemon ragged.

(If Preston doesn't say anything else, Mordecai will head back out where he came! Trainingtraining)
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't wanna dictate what you do, so this post won't be advancing you along very far. BUT it does stink to not find anything with pickup so...

While you continue to try to figure it out, Nightlock pokes you in the hip a few times. He holds his hand out and lying in his palm is a broken Ultra Ball. It looks apparently fixable, though you can't quite figure out how to do it.
    Leo accepted the ultra ball right as he finished getting the tent into a somewhat manageable shape. Not knowing what to do with it, he stashed it in his pack until he could find somebody who knew what they were doing to fix it for him.

Leo quickly set up a campfire, which was much easier than the tent ever was. He quickly whipped up a small meal for the lot of them, and after dinner he got to work on making a poffin.

Flour, Eggs, Yeast, Oil, Salt, and Three Crushed Pamtree Berries. After a quick, happy hour of cooking, Leo ended up with a blue poffin. It wasn't as well shaped as a more experienced chef could make, but it would do.

Maka?

No it's not for you Piri Piri. I promise I'll cook you something really spicy soon.

Maka!

Leo went to Xianti, who had been her usual fishy self throughout dinner, and presented her with the poffin. Nice and Dry, just the way you like it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks HZ. Hopefully I'll meet Nikolas and he can fix it for me.
    There were no rules on actually making poffins, or what they are, so I just winged it (this is a pastry, but I can change it to whatever). It has a value of 3, and is Dry flavored. If eaten by Xianti her value will be raised by four (due to her liking dry food), to a maximum of 12 and fit for evolution whenever you see fit.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1007

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch keeps hold, even after the flaining winf, stabbing down over and over before leaping off. He somehow keeps his footing when he lands, staggering backwards, quickly stepping away from the beast. Thales jumps up, twists, and cuts across the offending wing, cutting through membrane. He lands facing the Charizard, blades at the ready, between the beast and his trainer.

Spoiler
    Show

Pitch:
    AC: 4(1d20-1)[18]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]

Aerial Ace!
    Crit 17-20: [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]
    Your continued assault brings the beast to its knees. Chest and back bleeding, wings ripped, eyesight wavering, it falters as it stands back up. With all the remaining strength it can muster, the Charizard bellows a weaker flame Thales' way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ember!
    AC 2 (1d20-1)[18]
    Damage: 33 from OOC roll
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 09:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008

"Orobas, no!" Nikolas heart almost wrenches itself out of his chest when the two wild Pokemon focus their fire on his small yellow companion but is instantly relieved when the cunning Psychic-type stands itself up from the assault. Grinning, Nikolas stands himself up from his kneeling position to withdraw his last Pokeball and calls on Ten once more, "C'mon Ten, don't let your senior show you up. Make us proud!"

In a synchronized moment, both Pokemon and trainer move in unison. The Pokeball flies from Nikolas' grip and lands with a heavy clunk against the first Girafarig while Ten slams into the other with a resounding thud.

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Throw Pokeball at G1
    Capture Roll: [roll0]

Bishamonten
    Shift to G7 and use Faint Attack (Dark)~! on G4
    Accuracy Check: [roll1] Cannot Miss
    Damage: [roll2]
    Your Pokeball bops the Girafarig upside the hide and engulfs it while Ten adds another notch to his belt, taking out his third wild pokemon in a row. As that Girafarig hits the ground with a thud, the Pokeball breaks open!

The freed Girafarig looks over and sees that his last friend has fallen and lets out a sad wail. It bows its head and starts chanting something to no one in particular.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wish!

19. - Top - End - #1009

"Haha, I'm pretty sure they're standardized everywhere." He returned Kaulu, then turned to Kamoho. "Just for a second, Kamoho - I promise I'll let you out pretty quick."

"Dile."

He... hadn't exactly expected the totodile to nod at him. Huh. Still, he handed over his pokemon for healing.

"That does remind me, though - I need to get back out there! That was a great battle though - thanks!"

He definitely had a ways to go - one battle had put him in some real trouble, and there could potentially be several battles on the road. Plus, he had to have a talk with Pa'ao. Although he did have to watch it - he didn't mind training himself ragged, but he didn't want to train his pokemon ragged.

(If Preston doesn't say anything else, Mordecai will head back out where he came! Trainingtraining)
    "It was fun! Good luck out there, man. See you around."

Back at the outskirts of town, dusk is rapidly approaching but you have time to get a little more training in before nighttime.

Spoiler
    Show
    Held off on advancing further than that since you mentioned wanting to talk to Pa'ao.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

His heart goes out to the sad wail and Nikolas holds his hands up in peace turning first to Orobas and jerking his head at the yellow Pokemon and asks the young Psychic type to help communicate his message. "Look, you attacked us first and I had to defend myself. Your friends are only out cold, so if you let us go now I don't have to hurt you, okay?"

Orobas, meanwhile translates and stands by to unleash an attack if the Girafarig decides to keep fighting.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-12 at 10:20 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #1011

Spoiler
    Show
    Leo accepted the ultra ball right as he finished getting the tent into a somewhat manageable shape. Not knowing what to do with it, he stashed it in his pack until he could find somebody who knew what they were doing to fix it for him.

Leo quickly set up a campfire, which was much easier than the tent ever was. He quickly whipped up a small meal for the lot of them, and after dinner he got to work on making a poffin.

Flour, Eggs, Yeast, Oil, Salt, and Three Crushed Pamtree Berries. After a quick, happy hour of cooking, Leo ended up with a blue poffin. It wasn't as well shaped as a more experienced chef could make, but it would do.

Maka?

No it's not for you Piri Piri. I promise I'll cook you something really spicy soon.

Maka!

Leo went to Xianti, who had been her usual fishy self throughout dinner, and presented her with the poffin. Nice and Dry, just the way you like it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks HZ. Hopefully I'll meet Nikolas and he can fix it for me.
    There were no rules on actually making poffins, or what they are, so I just winged it (this is a pastry, but I can change it to whatever). It has a value of 3, and is Dry flavored. If eaten by Xianti her value will be raised by four (due to her liking dry food), to a maximum of 12 and fit for evolution whenever you see fit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep! And yeah, your method of making the poffins, and them being pastries, works perfectly fine. Hooray, you have a beautiful Feebas!

Xianti sniffs the blue pastry with curiosity, and evidently she approves because she perks right up! She gobbles it up and nearly swallows the thing whole. Afterward, she's jumping around excitedly and every time you blink, you'd swear something changes about her. You can't ever quite place what it is, but the general effect is that she's getting less repulsive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xianti won't be evolving spontaneously just yet, of course. And when/where she evolves is actually completely up to what you do. My only (OOC) hint beyond that is that the resulting Milotic will be different depending on just how she evolves. Game on!

22. - Top - End - #1012

His heart goes out to the sad wail and Nikolas holds his hands up in peace turning first to Orobas and jerking his head at the yellow Pokemon and asks the young Psychic type to help communicate his message. "Look, you attacked us first and I had to defend myself. Your friends are only out cold, so if you let us go now I don't have to hurt you, okay?"

Orobas, meanwhile translates and stands by to unleash an attack if the Girafarig decides to keep fighting.
    As Orobas translates your message, the Girafarig slowly raises its head and opens its eyes. It stares at you with curious eyes, evidently confused by your willing ceasefire. Slowly, it starts to approach you, making its lack of aggressive intent clear. As it walks, a magical glow envelops its body, and it seems to regain its lost strength.

Rather than walk all the way up to you, it starts to walk around you, to the body of one of the other Girafarigs. The first mutters another chant, and a few moments later the unconscious one stirs and stands back up. The two Girafarig have a brief exchange and then each of them heads over to one of the other fallen Girafarig, repeating the process with them.

Eventually, all four Girafarig are back up and standing side-by-side, giving you the same curious look.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Orobas & Ten each gain (4*25*22) / 2 = 1100 EXP!

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Keeping his hands up in a non-aggressive stance, Nikolas waves them around in the air to tell them that he has nothing in his hands. "You startled me and I merely defended myself. I am sorry I had to hurt all of you like this but you can understand wanting to protect your friends and family, right?" Picking up Ten and Orobas, he ***** his head to the side slightly, "These guys are like my my family...so we look out for each other." Smiling apologetically, he continues, "If you would let us, we'll leave and let you guys lick your wounds but if you want to keep fighting I can't promise you I'll show any mercy to people who try to hurt my Pokemon."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep! And yeah, your method of making the poffins, and them being pastries, works perfectly fine. Hooray, you have a beautiful Feebas!

Xianti sniffs the blue pastry with curiosity, and evidently she approves because she perks right up! She gobbles it up and nearly swallows the thing whole. Afterward, she's jumping around excitedly and every time you blink, you'd swear something changes about her. You can't ever quite place what it is, but the general effect is that she's getting less repulsive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xianti won't be evolving spontaneously just yet, of course. And when/where she evolves is actually completely up to what you do. My only (OOC) hint beyond that is that the resulting Milotic will be different depending on just how she evolves. Game on!
    Spoiler
    Show
    How mysterious HZ. Label me ... intrigued.

Leo looked at the feebas in shock. He'd never seen the little fish with so much energy. Usually she just lay their forlornly without moving much. Knowing that the feebas would be more comfortable in water, Leo listens for and follows any sounds of water carrying Xianti in his arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for finding Water (1d20+5)[7]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015

Keeping his hands up in a non-aggressive stance, Nikolas waves them around in the air to tell them that he has nothing in his hands. "You startled me and I merely defended myself. I am sorry I had to hurt all of you like this but you can understand wanting to protect your friends and family, right?" Picking up Ten and Orobas, he ***** his head to the side slightly, "These guys are like my my family...so we look out for each other." Smiling apologetically, he continues, "If you would let us, we'll leave and let you guys lick your wounds but if you want to keep fighting I can't promise you I'll show any mercy to people who try to hurt my Pokemon."
    The Girafarigs listen intently to your words, which they clearly appreciate. Your mention of family seems to resonate with them. When you're finished speaking, three of the Girafarigs back away while the fourth--the one which had remained standing before--approaches Orobas.

The two Psychic-types have a mental exchange, the content of which is completely unknown to you. A few minutes later, the fourth Girafarig looks to you and nods. With a smile, it leads the other Girafarig on their way, leaving you in peace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise, Orobas learned Wish! (As a Tutor Move)

26. - Top - End - #1016

Spoiler
    Show
    How mysterious HZ. Label me ... intrigued.

Leo looked at the feebas in shock. He'd never seen the little fish with so much energy. Usually she just lay their forlornly without moving much. Knowing that the feebas would be more comfortable in water, Leo listens for and follows any sounds of water carrying Xianti in his arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for finding Water [roll0]
    Unfortunately, you are unable to find any bodies of water tonight. Despite that, the Feebas's energy only increases with time!

Spoiler
    Show
    When you end up going to sleep, go ahead and roll first a 1d10 (either + CON mod or - INT mod) for whether you have an encounter and then a 1d100 (either +CON or -INT) for magnitude of whatever that first result is.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

After his futile efforts, Leo leaves Xianti out of her pokeball since she seemed to want the exercise. He takes position outside the tent, feeding Xianti small treats and scanning the wilderness for the during his watch until Sicarius takes his place.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[8](1d100+10)[72]

Perception for keeping watch 25 from OOC
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-12 at 11:10 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Orobas tests his proficiency with the next technique on himself and is shortly enveloped by a warm white light. "Woah! Did you learn that from the wild Pokemon?" he asks with a warm smile. Patting Orobas on the head for a job well done, Nikolas turns to the newest member of the team, "And you! I'm so proud of you, Ten. You did great out there for your first Pokemon battle and it's a shame nobody else in your old family learned enough about you to appreciate it." Kneeling down on the ground, Nikolas gives Ten another congratulatory head rub and places him back onto his shoulder. Bending down once more, he picks up Orobas with more difficulty than normal, "Oof, you're getting pretty big buddy."

With nothing left to impede them, Nikolas continues down the trail toward Xylo.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1019

After his futile efforts, Leo leaves Xianti out of her pokeball since she seemed to want the exercise. He takes position outside the tent, feeding Xianti small treats and scanning the wilderness for the during his watch until Sicarius takes his place.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0][roll1]

Perception for keeping watch 25 from OOC
    As night takes hold, you start to periodically hear hoots cascade across the night sky. During your watch, you're attentive enough to notice a pattern of slight noises coming from a few choice locations. At first, it's just one thing behind some trees off to the side. Then another thing over behind a large rock, and then another behind the tent!

Your keen perception does allow you time to prepare for the inevitable assault, fortunately.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    You have up to two turn's worth of actions to set your team up as you wish within the area. The 'f' tiles count as rough terrain for movement, and you can start your sleeping 'mons in any of those tiles inside the tent since they could have been sleeping anywhere, but waking them up will take a trainer action and their movement action for the turn. The red blocks are where the enemies will appear (please don't, like, move onto those or something) and they'll arrive following your second turn. Phew, long spoiler.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-12 at 11:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1020

Orobas tests his proficiency with the next technique on himself and is shortly enveloped by a warm white light. "Woah! Did you learn that from the wild Pokemon?" he asks with a warm smile. Patting Orobas on the head for a job well done, Nikolas turns to the newest member of the team, "And you! I'm so proud of you, Ten. You did great out there for your first Pokemon battle and it's a shame nobody else in your old family learned enough about you to appreciate it." Kneeling down on the ground, Nikolas gives Ten another congratulatory head rub and places him back onto his shoulder. Bending down once more, he picks up Orobas with more difficulty than normal, "Oof, you're getting pretty big buddy."

With nothing left to impede them, Nikolas continues down the trail toward Xylo.
    Ten looks thoroughly pleased with his success, but even more so at your positive reinforcement. He happily trots along as you travel for the remainder of the day without further incident.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal 1d10 -> 1d100 shenanigans