New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    As night takes hold, you start to periodically hear hoots cascade across the night sky. During your watch, you're attentive enough to notice a pattern of slight noises coming from a few choice locations. At first, it's just one thing behind some trees off to the side. Then another thing over behind a large rock, and then another behind the tent!

Your keen perception does allow you time to prepare for the inevitable assault, fortunately.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    You have up to two turn's worth of actions to set your team up as you wish within the area. The 'f' tiles count as rough terrain for movement, and you can start your sleeping 'mons in any of those tiles inside the tent since they could have been sleeping anywhere, but waking them up will take a trainer action and their movement action for the turn. The red blocks are where the enemies will appear (please don't, like, move onto those or something) and they'll arrive following your second turn. Phew, long spoiler.
    Sensing the danger, Leo ducks his head inside the tent. Wake Up You Guys. Wilds are on their way, and I don't trust they have good intentions. He then moves to the front of the tent, as Piri Piri emerges from the tent with groggy eyes but ready for a fight.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Finding a quiet spot to rest for the night, Nikolas goes through his typical routine before laying down to rest. Loki is of course, free to do as he pleases while the other Pokemon sleep or rest in their Pokeballs if they so please.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Sensing the danger, Leo ducks his head inside the tent. Wake Up You Guys. Wilds are on their way, and I don't trust they have good intentions. He then moves to the front of the tent, as Piri Piri emerges from the tent with groggy eyes but ready for a fight.
    After you rouse your team and have Piri Piri join you outside the tent, your suspicions are confirmed when a Pawniard jumps out of the trees! You can see another one hiding behind the rock to the north, and you can hear movement coming from the other side of the tent--you can only assume it's a third Pawniard. Your preparation does allow you to react immediately, at least.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

After you rouse your team and have Piri Piri join you outside the tent, your suspicions are confirmed when a Pawniard jumps out of the trees! You can see another one hiding behind the rock to the north, and you can hear movement coming from the other side of the tent--you can only assume it's a third Pawniard. Your preparation does allow you to react immediately, at least.
    Piri Piri, it's a steel type; flame it.

The Darumaka cooperates happily, shooting a gout of flame at the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    INCINERATE! (1d20)[17] AC 2 Fire Special, destroys berries on hit. (1d10+5)[14]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Finding a quiet spot to rest for the night, Nikolas goes through his typical routine before laying down to rest. Loki is of course, free to do as he pleases while the other Pokemon sleep or rest in their Pokeballs if they so please.
    Praelia and Ten each claim a spot near one of the corners of the tent, while Orobas curls up beside you. Loki flies off as usual.

You're enjoying some well-earned rest when all of a sudden you're awoken by a lick from Loki! You quickly realize that it's still the middle of the night, so it isn't the usual morning wake-up lick.

From your spot inside the tent you think you hear...bouncing? It's coming from outside. Loki seems distressed.

Suddenly, a gray pig-on-a-spring looking pokemon hops inside your tent! It promptly fires a wide wave of psychic energy toward you and Loki.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    Psywave on Loki and Nikolas
    AC 5 (1d20)[10]
    [roll]1d4[roll] (Oops, failed. Rolled a 1 in OOC.
    On 1 or 2, half user's level (6 damage)
    On 3, user's level (12 damage)
    On 4, 1.5 user's level (15 damage)
    No weakness, resistance, stats factored.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-13 at 08:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

"Be seein' you!"

Mordecai stepped just out of town, when he paused, looking up. Dusk would be around soon - but it's not like night wouldn't hit when they were on the road, so he'd have to keep going. "Okay! Now's a good time then - Pa'ao?"

Out came the drillbur - who took a step forward before realizing there were no enemy pokemon about.

"Pa'ao?"

The drillbur turned his head away. A-ha, he was right. Mordecai put his hands on his waist.

"Pa'ao - you should've seen you!"

"...drill?"

"You saw that blitzle sway left, and on your next swing you were having none of that - blam! Caught up to him like a champ."

"Drill." Pa'ao crossed his arms. Mordecai knelt.

"What?"

"Drill."

"You're mad? Why the heck are you mad?"

When Pa'ao turned away again, Mordecai shook his head. "Are you mad because you lost? Pa'ao - you really should've seen you fighting out there! You did an amazing job!"

"Drill." Mordecai was beginning to recognize how to say 'bull' in drillbur based purely on how often Pa'ao said it.

"Pa'ao - look at me. Pa'ao - seriously." And he picked up the drillbur, turning him around - an action which rather surprised Pa'ao as he hadn't expected /that/. His face was exceptionally close to Pa'ao as he continued.

"Really, I'm not kidding. You did an amazing job, and I'm super proud of you. You gave it 120%, and that's more than I could have asked. A magnificent performance!"

He set Pa'ao back down. "Besides, we gotta move on and up! Every battle makes us stronger and stronger, right?"

That was a smile - or well, the hint of the beginnings of what may someday have become Pa'ao's first smile.

"....Di~le."

And with that sing-song voice, back came the snarl. "DRILL!"
    "Di~le, Di~le."
    "DRILL!"
    "Di~le, Di-"

In which the drillbur all but tackled Kamoho from Mordecai's shoulder. Mordecai sighed, as he held the two apart from each other by their necks. "Kamoho! Knock that off - and I wasn't kidding! He really did a great job!"

Kamoho gave such a mischevious 'I know' look that Mordecai was actually kind of impressed. Man, those two were worse than siblings.

~~~~

One 'Pa'ao and Kamoho trying to murder each other and being interrupted' session later, Mordecai was back at the exit of town, totodile on his shoulder. "Okay! Be careful, Kamoho - see if we can find something before dark."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

"Thales, finish it. Tackle."

Pitch stands back, ready to leap forward if Thales doesn't drop the beast.

Thales takes a step back, then leaps forward, aiming to drive his shoulder into the Charizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 3 (1d20)[3] Crit 17-20
    Damage: (2d8+21)[32]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[12]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Groggily, Nikolas registers Loki's distress and realizes the threat to a greater extend when he is blasted by the wave of energy. Remembering his new gift, Nikolas thrusts his hands underneath the covers to retrieve his flute. Pressing it to his lips hastily, he blows into it in the hopes that it works as Praelia had described. With that embarrassment over with, he orders an attack from Loki. "C'mon Loki, don't be scared of it. I'm here for you. We're all here for you in case anything happens, alright? Now get it with a Lick attack."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Use Blue Flute

Loki
    Shift to E7 and use Lick (Ghost) on S1.
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[14]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #1029

Piri Piri, it's a steel type; flame it.

The Darumaka cooperates happily, shooting a gout of flame at the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    INCINERATE! (1d4+2)[3] AC 2 Fire Special, destroys berries on hit. [roll1]
    Your assessment is (naturally) spot-on, and Piri Piri's flames prove quite effective against the Pawniard. With a yelp of pain, the Pawniard pats itself down to put out a few fires. It responds by yelling some sort of insult at Piri Piri.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torment!
    (For 1d4+2 turns, Torment’s target may not use a Move they have already used in their last 2 turns.)
    (1d4+2)[3]

The other one stays where it is, behind the rock, and stares menacingly at Piri Piri. It draws one of its bladelike arms across its throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! On Piri Piri.

There is some more movement behind the tent, but you still don't see anything yet.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Be seein' you!"

Mordecai stepped just out of town, when he paused, looking up. Dusk would be around soon - but it's not like night wouldn't hit when they were on the road, so he'd have to keep going. "Okay! Now's a good time then - Pa'ao?"

Out came the drillbur - who took a step forward before realizing there were no enemy pokemon about.

"Pa'ao?"

The drillbur turned his head away. A-ha, he was right. Mordecai put his hands on his waist.

"Pa'ao - you should've seen you!"

"...drill?"

"You saw that blitzle sway left, and on your next swing you were having none of that - blam! Caught up to him like a champ."

"Drill." Pa'ao crossed his arms. Mordecai knelt.

"What?"

"Drill."

"You're mad? Why the heck are you mad?"

When Pa'ao turned away again, Mordecai shook his head. "Are you mad because you lost? Pa'ao - you really should've seen you fighting out there! You did an amazing job!"

"Drill." Mordecai was beginning to recognize how to say 'bull' in drillbur based purely on how often Pa'ao said it.

"Pa'ao - look at me. Pa'ao - seriously." And he picked up the drillbur, turning him around - an action which rather surprised Pa'ao as he hadn't expected /that/. His face was exceptionally close to Pa'ao as he continued.

"Really, I'm not kidding. You did an amazing job, and I'm super proud of you. You gave it 120%, and that's more than I could have asked. A magnificent performance!"

He set Pa'ao back down. "Besides, we gotta move on and up! Every battle makes us stronger and stronger, right?"

That was a smile - or well, the hint of the beginnings of what may someday have become Pa'ao's first smile.

"....Di~le."

And with that sing-song voice, back came the snarl. "DRILL!"
    "Di~le, Di~le."
    "DRILL!"
    "Di~le, Di-"

In which the drillbur all but tackled Kamoho from Mordecai's shoulder. Mordecai sighed, as he held the two apart from each other by their necks. "Kamoho! Knock that off - and I wasn't kidding! He really did a great job!"

Kamoho gave such a mischevious 'I know' look that Mordecai was actually kind of impressed. Man, those two were worse than siblings.

~~~~

One 'Pa'ao and Kamoho trying to murder each other and being interrupted' session later, Mordecai was back at the exit of town, totodile on his shoulder. "Okay! Be careful, Kamoho - see if we can find something before dark."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, nice. Have a loyalty increase for Pa'ao!

Back outside town, you're walking along a path between some trees with a stream nearby when you notice some movement in the tall grass to your left! All you can make out is some red amidst the green grass.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map! (Those ??s will move into sight next turn, or you can throw an attack into their squares this turn if you want to.)

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thales, finish it. Tackle."

Pitch stands back, ready to leap forward if Thales doesn't drop the beast.

Thales takes a step back, then leaps forward, aiming to drive his shoulder into the Charizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 3 [roll0] Crit 17-20
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]
    The Charizard quickly jumps to avoid Thales' dive, and then the beast starts to flap its wings to stay aloft--but it's all for naught, as the electricity coursing through it finally proves overwhelming, and the beast comes crashing down. Try as it might, it is simply stuck in place.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Your assessment is (naturally) spot-on, and Piri Piri's flames prove quite effective against the Pawniard. With a yelp of pain, the Pawniard pats itself down to put out a few fires. It responds by yelling some sort of insult at Piri Piri.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torment!
    (For 1d4+2 turns, Torment’s target may not use a Move they have already used in their last 2 turns.)
    (1d20)[11]

The other one stays where it is, behind the rock, and stares menacingly at Piri Piri. It draws one of its bladelike arms across its throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! On Piri Piri.

There is some more movement behind the tent, but you still don't see anything yet.
    Piri Piri, take it down.

The little red pokemon rushed at the pawniard, and lept at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, cause I have nothing better. (1d20)[11]. AC 3 physical. (2d8+19)[27]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-13 at 08:51 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033

Groggily, Nikolas registers Loki's distress and realizes the threat to a greater extend when he is blasted by the wave of energy. Remembering his new gift, Nikolas thrusts his hands underneath the covers to retrieve his flute. Pressing it to his lips hastily, he blows into it in the hopes that it works as Praelia had described. With that embarrassment over with, he orders an attack from Loki. "C'mon Loki, don't be scared of it. I'm here for you. We're all here for you in case anything happens, alright? Now get it with a Lick attack."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Use Blue Flute

Loki
    Shift to E7 and use Lick (Ghost) on S1.
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Almost immediately after you play the flute, your pokemon all snap to attention! As if by magic, they aren't just awake--they're alert.

Loki's brave lick catches the Spoink mid-hop and clearly unsettles the pig-on-a-spring. But rather than respond with any sort of attack, the wild pokemon just...bounces around pointlessly.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Splash I guess?

You can hear more bouncing approaching from the other side of your tent's flap. They sound like they're just outside.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Piri Piri, take it down.

The little red pokemon rushed at the pawniard, and lept at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle, cause I have nothing better. (1d20)[2]. AC 3 physical. (1d4+12)[14]
    The Pawniard braces itself and barely even winces after Piri Piri runs into it. Then with some wicked fast movements, it starts to slash at Piri Piri.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fury Cutter!
    AC 3 (1d20)[2]
    Damage: ...(1d4+12)[14] skillz

The other Pawniard creeps forward a bit and extends the same creepy gaze to Xianti.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! On Xianti.

The third enemy combatant is coming around the corner of your tent, but you still can't quite see it well enough to deduce what it is.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Piri Piri dashes backwards, avoiding the slashing claws of the dark pokemon. Let's go Piri Piri, light up the sky. He tosses a small pepper to Piri Piri, who swollows it and promptly belches a minature sun into the sky, intensifying the heat of the clearing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sunny Day: For two minutes, fire does *1.5 damage, water half.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

The Charizard quickly jumps to avoid Thales' dive, and then the beast starts to flap its wings to stay aloft--but it's all for naught, as the electricity coursing through it finally proves overwhelming, and the beast comes crashing down. Try as it might, it is simply stuck in place.
    "Thales, end this."

The Dewott leaps into the air, bringing its blades down on the neck of the Charizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[12] 17-20 Crit
    Damage: (2d10+23)[34]
    Crit: (2d10+8)[18]

Show

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas raises his eyebrow in confusion and is left uncertain as to what he should say when he sees the pig Pokemon bounce in place. Awkwardly, he throws his remaining Pokeball at the Spoink in the tent and calls on Ten for aid. Loki obviously felt distressed by these Pokemon, so it was his duty as a trainer to see it through, right? "Ten, follow me. We need to be out there in order to deal with the remaining Pokemon."

Before leaving he turns to his other two Pokemon and gives them parting orders. "Orobas, if they cluster up while I'm out there, use Hidden Power to hit multiple targets. Praelia, hang back on standby in case something happens."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Throw Pokeball at S1
    Capture Roll: (1d100+3)[33]
    Shift Action: Move to G5

Bishamonten
    Shift to F5 and use Faint Attack (Dark) on S2~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (2d10+25)[35]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

18. - Top - End - #1038

Piri Piri dashes backwards, avoiding the slashing claws of the dark pokemon. Let's go Piri Piri, light up the sky. He tosses a small pepper to Piri Piri, who swollows it and promptly belches a minature sun into the sky, intensifying the heat of the clearing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sunny Day: For two minutes, fire does *1.5 damage, water half.
    The wild pokemon are thoroughly confused at how you just made night become day, and they start yelling back and forth. Their argument is cut short, however, by the arrival of the third pokemon. Finally close enough to see, and well-illuminated at that, you recognize it as not a third Pawniard, but as a Bisharp! It shakes its head and raises one of his bladed arms as if to say, "Watch how it's done."

In the blink of an eye, it's running straight for you! Your only saving grace is that it's slightly blinded by the sudden appearance of a miniature sun in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slash! on Leo
    AC 2 (1d20-3)[3]
    Damage: (3d8+30)[49]
    (Ouch.)

The two Pawniard are too busy watching their superior in admiration to do anything themselves.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh!"

Mordecai's styler was at the ready as he pointed out the moving grass. "I can't quite see what it is yet, though... hm. Kaulu!"

Out came the mankey once more, nodding. Only one of his pokemon had a buff of any real sort, after all. "Kaulu - hold on a moment - focus energy and keep back. See if they reveal themselves."

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai hangs back to K-8, Kamoho to K-9 if it's okay that Kamoho moves with him at this instant. :P

Anyway, he sends out Kaulu into J-8.
    Kaulu uses focus energy!
    Mordecai's Mankey is getting pumped!

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ettin in the Playground

The wild pokemon are thoroughly confused at how you just made night become day, and they start yelling back and forth. Their argument is cut short, however, by the arrival of the third pokemon. Finally close enough to see, and well-illuminated at that, you recognize it as not a third Pawniard, but as a Bisharp! It shakes its head and raises one of his bladed arms as if to say, "Watch how it's done."

In the blink of an eye, it's running straight for you! Your only saving grace is that it's slightly blinded by the sudden appearance of a miniature sun in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slash! on Leo
    AC 2 [roll0]
    (Ouch.)

The two Pawniard are too busy watching their superior in admiration to do anything themselves.

Leo nearly blacked out when the Bisharp slammed into him. Where was his enriched water. Back Pocket. Uncap. Drink. He gasped in relief as the soothing liquid went to work on his injuries, expediting the healing process.

Piri Piri, light him up. The Darumaka happily obliged, spiting flames at the new, more powerful opponet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incinerate. [roll0]. Fire Damage. [roll1]*1.5// 16 to hit, 17 damage in OOC
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-13 at 09:31 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041

"Thales, end this."

The Dewott leaps into the air, bringing its blades down on the neck of the Charizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] 17-20 Crit
    Crit: [roll2]
    The flame on the Charizard's tail, already weakened to the point that it's barely burning, flickers and fades into nothingness.

With an inglorious thud, the beast's head falls to the ground, cleanly severed by Thales' final decisive slice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales and Dilos each gain 50*36*1.2 / 2 = 1080 EXP! (Way to go, Dilos.)

Oh, and have a Story level, too.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

The flame on the Charizard's tail, already weakened to the point that it's barely burning, flickers and fades into nothingness.

With an inglorious thud, the beast's head falls to the ground, cleanly severed by Thales' final decisive slice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales and Dilos each gain 50*36*1.2 / 2 = 1080 EXP! (Way to go, Dilos.)

Oh, and have a Story level, too.
    Pitch simply stands there in shock for a second, unable to comprehend what just happened.

Holy ****, holy ****, holy ****, he mutters, usual composure gone. We won?....

WE WON! Pitch shouts, running over to Thales. We won! he says again, still in shock.

Thales kicks at decapitated head before turning to Pitch in glee, shell blades coated in the smoking blood of the beast. They had won....

Pitch is laughing like a maniac right now as his team approaches. Outlet creeps in slowly, eying the Charizard as if he expects the beast to get back up.

Shovel pokes his head up from underground, surveying the spectacle in shock.

Dilos slithers over to Pitch, hissing expectantly.

You did good Dilos, Pitch says to the snake. But Thales! Mother muker! he shouts, hugging the Dewott (which just stands there awkwardly). You did it! You cut that big muker down to size, didn't you? he says, still cackling.

Pitch is floating a hundred miles above the earth. Thales, who only a minute ago had been an Oshawott, had beaten a Charizard. A Charizard! Pitch grins again, putting an arm around his Dewott, looking at the new Charmander.

Carn! he shouts to his Scyther. Did you see that! Did you see Thales kick that things muking ass across the clearing? he shouts to his Pokemon.

Then he has an idea. The Charmander! It had to see this! It would fear him more than death after this! Pitch takes out the new Charmander's Pokeball, releasing it.

LOOK! he says, gesturing at the Charizard's headless body. Look at that! He took out that! he says, pointing from Thales to the dead beast. You're in deep now, aren't you? Pitch says, half expecting the Charmander to pass out.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1043

Nikolas raises his eyebrow in confusion and is left uncertain as to what he should say when he sees the pig Pokemon bounce in place. Awkwardly, he throws his remaining Pokeball at the Spoink in the tent and calls on Ten for aid. Loki obviously felt distressed by these Pokemon, so it was his duty as a trainer to see it through, right? "Ten, follow me. We need to be out there in order to deal with the remaining Pokemon."

Before leaving he turns to his other two Pokemon and gives them parting orders. "Orobas, if they cluster up while I'm out there, use Hidden Power to hit multiple targets. Praelia, hang back on standby in case something happens."

Nikolas
    Trainer Action: Throw Pokeball at S1
    Capture Roll: (1d20)[7]
    Shift Action: Move to G5

Bishamonten
    Shift to F5 and use Faint Attack (Dark) on S2~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]
    As your Pokeball arcs through the air, the Spoink just...keeps...bouncing. It gets pulled in, and appropriately enough, the ball jumps up and down a few times before clicking shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Spoink!
    Female, level 12
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Lax
    HP 6
    ATK 3
    DEF 4 (+2)
    SATK 7
    SDEF 8 (-2)
    SPEED 6
    HP: 48%
    OINK!

Ten's attack catches the targeted Spoink in mid-air and sends it flying a few feet. There's no question about the fact that the wild pokemon is down for the count.

The remaining two Spoink imitate the first and launch the same psychic attack at you and Ten.

Spoiler
    Show
    Psywave x2!
    AC 5 (1d20)[7] & (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d4)[3] & (1d4)[2]
    (6 on 1's & 2's, 12 on 3's, and 15 on 4's.)

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Huh!"

Mordecai's styler was at the ready as he pointed out the moving grass. "I can't quite see what it is yet, though... hm. Kaulu!"

Out came the mankey once more, nodding. Only one of his pokemon had a buff of any real sort, after all. "Kaulu - hold on a moment - focus energy and keep back. See if they reveal themselves."

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai hangs back to K-8, Kamoho to K-9 if it's okay that Kamoho moves with him at this instant. :P

Anyway, he sends out Kaulu into J-8.
    Kaulu uses focus energy!
    Mordecai's Mankey is getting pumped!

As you and your team prepare, the wilds in the grass walk into sight.

Each is about 2-and-a-half feet tall, but there's something...potentially majestic about them.

The first is mostly yellow, with some black markings on it. It has a pinkish mane and a jagged bluish tail. It has a black-and-blue face covering of sorts. It looks the quickest of the three.

The second is mostly red, with some black rings around each of its legs. It has a long, flowing gray mane and some silvery spikes poking out of its back. It also has a silver-and-gold face covering of sorts. It looks the strongest of the three.

The third is mostly blue, with some white diamonds spread out over its hide. It has a wavy purplish mane and a long white tail split into two strands. It also has a large blue helm-looking thing on its face. It looks the most resilient of the three.

You feel as if you should be in awe...and yet, something is not quite right.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing them in position, Nikolas throws a rock to catch one of the Spoink's attention and calls for Orobas' aid, pointin at where he wants the attack centered on. "Orobas, it's your turn!" On his command, the empty space is filled with a sphere of spiraling energy that expands to tear into the remaining Pokemon.

Nikolas
    Shift Action: Move back to F6
    Trainer Action: Throw rock at S3
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[9]

Orobas
    Shift to F7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on H4~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (2d8+21)[30]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-13 at 10:23 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

As you and your team prepare, the wilds in the grass walk into sight.

Each is about 2-and-a-half feet tall, but there's something...potentially majestic about them.
    Spoiler
    Show

The first is mostly yellow, with some black markings on it. It has a pinkish mane and a jagged bluish tail. It has a black-and-blue face covering of sorts. It looks the quickest of the three.

The second is mostly red, with some black rings around each of its legs. It has a long, flowing gray mane and some silvery spikes poking out of its back. It also has a silver-and-gold face covering of sorts. It looks the strongest of the three.

The third is mostly blue, with some white diamonds spread out over its hide. It has a wavy purplish mane and a long white tail split into two strands. It also has a large blue helm-looking thing on its face. It looks the most resilient of the three.

You feel as if you should be in awe...and yet, something is not quite right.
    "....huh. Uh, wait"

Out came his pokedex. Kamoho stepped up, curious at Mordecai's reaction. "Dile?"

"I... uh." Dangit, this was /really/ familiar somehow. Mordecai wanted to say that he'd heard of something like this - it was very familiar, of something when he was a lot younger. Maybe it was in one of those storybooks - as that would explain why he didn't remember it. He was far too busy focusing on what was real to focus on silly storybooks.

So, he shook his head. Whatever the feeling was, it wasn't important - they were here to train. "Okay, Kaulu! That one looks like it's a speedster and it's yellow, so probably electric - punch it hard and fast!"

Along with his shout, his styler danced forward - about the blueish one.

Spoiler
    Show

Due to order of operations, Mordecai will first go for the blue one with his styler!
    (1d100-20)[-11]

Then Kaulu will move to H-7, and commence with fury swipes! (Acc 4)
    Attack roll 1: (1d20)[19]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20)[14]
    Attack roll 3: (1d20)[14]
    Attack roll 4: (1d20)[7]
    Attack roll 5: (1d20)[16]

Damage roll 1: (1d6+14)[20]
    Damage roll 2: (1d6+14)[18]
    Damage roll 3: (1d6+14)[15]
    Damage roll 4: (1d6+14)[20]
    Damage roll 5: (1d6+14)[19]

Edit: I did fury swipes wrong. The damages should be:
    28, 7, 4, 9 and 8.
    (The first one was a crit, so I added the extra 8 from the OOC topic)

If it faints after any of those, Kaulu can then redirect the remainder of the attacks against red thing. If so, the first hit against the new target does +11 damage for his strength against the new target.

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-13 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Color

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #1047

Leo nearly blacked out when the Bisharp slammed into him. Where was his enriched water. Back Pocket. Uncap. Drink. He gasped in relief as the soothing liquid went to work on his injuries, expediting the healing process.

Piri Piri, light him up. The Darumaka happily obliged, spiting flames at the new, more powerful opponet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incinerate. (1d20)[16]. Fire Damage. (2d8+26)[30]*1.5// 16 to hit, 17 damage in OOC
    The sun magnifies Piri Piri's flames as they burn the Bisharp. It endures the painful blast and sprints toward Piri Piri to mete out his vengeance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Metal Claw!
    AC 3 (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (2d8+26)[30] steel attack

The Pawniard by Piri Piri resumes its assault as well, swiping away at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fury Cutter!
    AC 3 (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d4+11)[13] bug attack

The other Pawniard finally joins the battle proper, picking on the weakest target and targeting the helpless Xianti.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch!
    AC 2 (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d12+17)[23]

28. - Top - End - #1048

Pitch simply stands there in shock for a second, unable to comprehend what just happened.

Holy ****, holy ****, holy ****, he mutters, usual composure gone. We won?....

WE WON! Pitch shouts, running over to Thales. We won! he says again, still in shock.

Thales kicks at decapitated head before turning to Pitch in glee, shell blades coated in the smoking blood of the beast. They had won....

Pitch is laughing like a maniac right now as his team approaches. Outlet creeps in slowly, eying the Charizard as if he expects the beast to get back up.

Shovel pokes his head up from underground, surveying the spectacle in shock.

Dilos slithers over to Pitch, hissing expectantly.

You did good Dilos, Pitch says to the snake. But Thales! Mother muker! he shouts, hugging the Dewott (which just stands there awkwardly). You did it! You cut that big muker down to size, didn't you? he says, still cackling.

Pitch is floating a hundred miles above the earth. Thales, who only a minute ago had been an Oshawott, had beaten a Charizard. A Charizard! Pitch grins again, putting an arm around his Dewott, looking at the new Charmander.

Carn! he shouts to his Scyther. Did you see that! Did you see Thales kick that things muking ass across the clearing? he shouts to his Pokemon.

Then he has an idea. The Charmander! It had to see this! It would fear him more than death after this! Pitch takes out the new Charmander's Pokeball, releasing it.

LOOK! he says, gesturing at the Charizard's headless body. Look at that! He took out that! he says, pointing from Thales to the dead beast. You're in deep now, aren't you? Pitch says, half expecting the Charmander to pass out.
    Carn descends back to the ground and nods to you and Thales. "That was quite impressive. You have my respect, Thales."

The Charmander, already shell-shocked from having seen all the other Charmanders and Charmeleon ragdolled by Shovel, can do nothing but glance back and forth between the Charizard's body and its head a few times before falling flat on his face, unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your Charmander's HP is set to 0...and his loyalty firmly at -9000.

Carn laughs and adds, "That's edible. They all are," gesturing to the bodies that litter the clearing.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-14 at 02:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Seeing them in position, Nikolas throws a rock to catch one of the Spoink's attention and calls for Orobas' aid, pointin at where he wants the attack centered on. "Orobas, it's your turn!" On his command, the empty space is filled with a sphere of spiraling energy that expands to tear into the remaining Pokemon.

Nikolas
    Shift Action: Move back to F6
    Trainer Action: Throw rock at S3
    Accuracy Check: [roll0]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[9]

Orobas
    Shift to F7 and use Hidden Power (Dragon) centered on H4~!
    Accuracy Check: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]
    Your rock bonks one of the Spoinks on the head, dazing it. Before it can collect itself, Orobas's attack throws it backward and it passes out. The other Spoink is able to withstand the blast, but its only response is to bounce around endlessly.

Spoiler
    Show
    SPLASH MOTHA****A

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas squints wearily at the remaining Spoink. Had this really just happened? Was it the norm for Pokemon to attack when they really had no ability to continue the fight? Feeling bad for the pig Pokemon he looks at Loki and jerks his head in the direction of the Spoink. "J-just spare it the embarrassment and knock it out Loki. I feel kind of bad about this whole thing..."

Loki
    Fly to the remaining Spoink and use Lick (Ghost)~!
    Accuracy Check: (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+12)[14]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨