New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Sicarius finish this, bury him in snow.
    Sure thing chief.

The sneseal sent a giant wave of snow arcing at the pawniard, rushing through the pokemon and wrecking havoc to the clearing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Avalance! [roll0]. AC 2. Physical Ice. [roll1]
    The Pawniard's eyes widen as the shelf of ice engulfs it. A few moments later, there is absolutely no sign of the wild pokemon whatsoever; it's completely buried under there.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Piri Piri and Sicarius each gain (2*15*14 + 40*35) / 2 = 910 EXP!
    Xianti didn't gain some EXP, but she may have gained something else...of some sort...maybe...perhaps.

"Nothing to it," Sicarius says, brushing a claw across his nose smugly.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

Can you take watch Sicarius? I need some sleep.

Assuming nothing of note happens, Leo returns Xianti and heads inside to get a few hours of rest before travel the next day.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch grins, simply waiting for the Pokemon to return to consciousness. As he waits, he calls Thales and Shovel over.

"Do you know what sparring is?" Pitch asks the two Pokemon. When they both answer in the negative, he explains the basics. "The two of you will have a mock battle. No real attacks; Thales, you will try to touch Shovel with your shells. Shovel, you will do the same with your claws," he says, looking to the two Pokemon.

"Begin."

The two begin to duel. The first fight is over in seconds; Thales is quicker, faster, and stronger than Shovel now. The first touch happens rapidly. The second goes the same as the first, the third, and the fourth. By the fifth Shovel is beginning to figure out how to block attacks, but his claws are longer and more awkward to block with than Thales' shells. Finally, after Shovel's 6th loss, Pitch calls him over and whispers something into the mole's ear. The mole nods, a small grin crossing his face. As the seventh battle begins, the Drilbur jumps back, pounding his feet. As he does so, the earth lightly quakes. The change in movement upsets Thales, dropping the Dewott to the ground. Before Thales can react, Shovel leaps, poking Thales in the chest with a long claw.

A slow clap comes from the side, from Pitch. He looks at his two Pokemon with pride. Both could fight. Both were strong. He calls the two of them over.

"The two of you were amazing today. Shovel, you decimated those things. And Thales, well, that speaks for itself," he says, gesturing over at the Charizard skull. He then turns to Shovel specifically.

"You did a good job today Shovel. You acted as more than a tool, more than a weapon. You fought as a friend, as part of our family. As befits your new status, you no longer need the name of a tool. Your new name is Keb, for an ancient god of the earth. Is that acceptable?" Pitch says, looking at his tiny warrior.

Throughout this, Pitch keeps his eyes on the Charmander for any sign of movement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great post! Have another 100 EXP for Shovel Keb. And Keb's loyalty increases!

Shovel closes his eyes and bows his head...and Keb opens them and gives you a nod. "Drill!"

All the while, the Charmander remains motionless on the ground. Its spasms do seem to coincide with the loudest moments of the sparring, but other than that, nothing has changed.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

"...dile?"

Kamoho gave a toothy grin, as he'd expected that to hurt a lot more than it did. Mordecai glanced at him, water pouring off his face. "Water, then a bite?"

"Dile!"

A lot more enthusiastic than he'd figured.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai will then styler at L-7!
    (1d100-20)[2]

Kamoho will step to H-5 then watergun at G4! Since I am poor at allowing my other mon to get XP!

Attack roll: (1d20)[17]
    Damage roll: (1d12+12)[13] (Then x2 water and x2 rain)
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #1085

Can you take watch Sicarius? I need some sleep.

Assuming nothing of note happens, Leo returns Xianti and heads inside to get a few hours of rest before travel the next day.
    Sicarius nods, "You got it, Boss." The last thing you see before turning in for the night is Sicarius rolling the wild pokemon's limp bodies a little back behind the trees.

The next morning, you are awoken by some gentle nudges by Buela. They are each accompanied by a faint tickle of electricity, akin to static shock but even less. It is another beautiful day outside, with a fair sun and no clouds to speak of in the sky.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Rubbing his face sorely, Nikolas examines the strange item and is even more surprised when the Pokedex alerts him of its uses. "Cool, too bad I don't have an-" Stopping mid sentence, Nikolas turns to smile at Loki. "Well, that may not be right..." Loki after all, was capable of learning one very powerful absorption move. A move that he currently had stowed away in his bag. He hadn't anticipated on using it on Loki but the past few days had been strangely uplifting. It made him...hopeful almost.

Reaching into his bag, Nikolas finds the case containing the Dream Eater TM and shows it to Loki proudly. "Avu gave me this TM to use on you Loki, for you to get stronger, but I was afraid to use it back in town because I didn't trust you." Rubbing the back of his head embarrassedly, he continues, "And that was wrong of me. So far you've been nothing but a friend and a great companion to me and the rest of the team and I really should have had more faith in you. The move will apparently let you drain energy from a sleeping Pokemon, something I know you'll be responsible with, I'm sure."

Still smiling, Nikolas holds out the strange root for Loki to grab onto, "So take this as a sign of my trust. It'll make your absorption moves a lot stronger but I know you can handle that responsibility. When we get to Xylo the first thing we'll do is see a nurse about treating you with the syringe. It's a promise."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great post! Have another 100 EXP for Shovel Keb. And Keb's loyalty increases!

Shovel closes his eyes and bows his head...and Keb opens them and gives you a nod. "Drill!"

All the while, the Charmander remains motionless on the ground. Its spasms do seem to coincide with the loudest moments of the sparring, but other than that, nothing has changed.
    Pitch nobs, giving the Drilbur a quick rub on the head.

He gives a small sigh as he sees the Charmander still isn't conscious. He grips the creatures tail and holds it over the pile of sticks until it lights.

Once that is done, Pitch sets up camp, still leaving the Charmander out. As he finishes, he lays out by the fire, just resting for a bit. Outlet, still stuck with his old name, snuggles up to him, just laying there. Carn, ever the silent protector, takes first watch as his trainer drifts into sleep.

Around the fire Thales and Shovel Keb continue their duel. With Keb shaking the ground the fight is almost even. Almost.

The Tangela sits in its Pokeball, screaming silently, unable to escape the madness outside.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Sicarius nods, "You got it, Boss." The last thing you see before turning in for the night is Sicarius rolling the wild pokemon's limp bodies a little back behind the trees.

The next morning, you are awoken by some gentle nudges by Buela. They are each accompanied by a faint tickle of electricity, akin to static shock but even less. It is another beautiful day outside, with a fair sun and no clouds to speak of in the sky.
    Leo's eyes snap open as Beula gently shocks him. Sweat coated his body and his breathing was heavy. It had happened again. Not nearly as bad or vivid as the first one, but he couldn't wait to get to Xylo. He needed to know why he was having nightmares all of a sudden, and hopefully they didn't get any worse in the meantime.

Thanks girl. I needed somebody to wake me up tonight. Leo quickly got ready for the road and packed up the tent (a much easier endeavor then putting it up). He returned Sicarius so he could get some rest and continued on down the road looking, like always, for anything cookable.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100-16)[73]
    Perception for edible things (1d20+5)[15]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "...dile?"

Kamoho gave a toothy grin, as he'd expected that to hurt a lot more than it did. Mordecai glanced at him, water pouring off his face. "Water, then a bite?"

"Dile!"

A lot more enthusiastic than he'd figured.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai will then styler at L-7!
    (1d20)[12]

Kamoho will step to H-5 then watergun at G4! Since I am poor at allowing my other mon to get XP!

Attack roll: (2d10+18)[26]
    Damage roll: [roll2] (Then x2 water and x2 rain)
    As your styler wraps around the drenched Growlithe, Kamoho's blast of water knocks his target out. The remaining Growlithe runs up to Kamoho and chomps down on the Totodile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC 2(1d20)[12]
    Damage: (2d10+18)[26]

Rain continues to fall.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Rubbing his face sorely, Nikolas examines the strange item and is even more surprised when the Pokedex alerts him of its uses. "Cool, too bad I don't have an-" Stopping mid sentence, Nikolas turns to smile at Loki. "Well, that may not be right..." Loki after all, was capable of learning one very powerful absorption move. A move that he currently had stowed away in his bag. He hadn't anticipated on using it on Loki but the past few days had been strangely uplifting. It made him...hopeful almost.

Reaching into his bag, Nikolas finds the case containing the Dream Eater TM and shows it to Loki proudly. "Avu gave me this TM to use on you Loki, for you to get stronger, but I was afraid to use it back in town because I didn't trust you." Rubbing the back of his head embarrassedly, he continues, "And that was wrong of me. So far you've been nothing but a friend and a great companion to me and the rest of the team and I really should have had more faith in you. The move will apparently let you drain energy from a sleeping Pokemon, something I know you'll be responsible with, I'm sure."

Still smiling, Nikolas holds out the strange root for Loki to grab onto, "So take this as a sign of my trust. It'll make your absorption moves a lot stronger but I know you can handle that responsibility. When we get to Xylo the first thing we'll do is see a nurse about treating you with the syringe. It's a promise."
    Loki actually listens intently to your speech and happily grabs hold of the root when you offer it to him. Since he has no hands, he has to use his mouth. After you promise to teach him the move, he drops the root momentarily to give you an enthusiastic lick! Then he picks the root back up and gives you a wide smile with the root in the middle of his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loki's loyalty increases!

Another trainer traveling through the path reaches you and tries to squeeze past with a gentle, "Excuse me, sorry."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-16 at 01:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Pitch nobs, giving the Drilbur a quick rub on the head.

He gives a small sigh as he sees the Charmander still isn't conscious. He grips the creatures tail and holds it over the pile of sticks until it lights.

Once that is done, Pitch sets up camp, still leaving the Charmander out. As he finishes, he lays out by the fire, just resting for a bit. Outlet, still stuck with his old name, snuggles up to him, just laying there. Carn, ever the silent protector, takes first watch as his trainer drifts into sleep.

Around the fire Thales and Shovel Keb continue their duel. With Keb shaking the ground the fight is almost even. Almost.

The Tangela sits in its Pokeball, screaming silently, unable to escape the madness outside.
    It feels like you've just fallen asleep when suddenly, you're woken up by some rustling in the nearby trees. A quick glance around the campsite shows Outlet asleep beside you, Thales and Keb passed out amidst the slightly misshapen earth that marks their sparring grounds, and no Charmander! Carn is absent as well.

Some stifled cries for help reach your ears from the tree line. A few moments later, Carn emerges holding the Charmander and brings him to you.

"He tried to run away," Carn says matter-of-factly. "He didn't make it very far."

12. - Top - End - #1092

Leo's eyes snap open as Beula gently shocks him. Sweat coated his body and his breathing was heavy. It had happened again. Not nearly as bad or vivid as the first one, but he couldn't wait to get to Xylo. He needed to know why he was having nightmares all of a sudden, and hopefully they didn't get any worse in the meantime.

Thanks girl. I needed somebody to wake me up tonight. Leo quickly got ready for the road and packed up the tent (a much easier endeavor then putting it up). He returned Sicarius so he could get some rest and continued on down the road looking, like always, for anything cookable.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Perception for edible things [roll1]
    As you travel across the open road, you cross paths with a couple of trainers heading toward Wrystone. The boy has a Chatot on his shoulder and is riding a Stoutland, while the girl is holding a Togepi and riding a Rapidash. You pick up a snippet of their conversation as they pass you.

"But seriously, the guy had it coming, working with Ostra."
    "Come on, Ben. They burned his house down!"
    "Well, you know what they say about karma..."

A little ways down the road, you see a Deerling walk into an area of the trees. Following it, you walk into a little grazing ground for wild pokemon, with a small pond and plenty of berry bushes. The Deerling is nibbling on some berries near the pond, and has not been alerted to your presence yet.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

It feels like you've just fallen asleep when suddenly, you're woken up by some rustling in the nearby trees. A quick glance around the campsite shows Outlet asleep beside you, Thales and Keb passed out amidst the slightly misshapen earth that marks their sparring grounds, and no Charmander! Carn is absent as well.

Some stifled cries for help reach your ears from the tree line. A few moments later, Carn emerges holding the Charmander and brings him to you.

"He tried to run away," Carn says matter-of-factly. "He didn't make it very far."
    Pitch grins, nodding at Carn.

"Next time, don't flinch," Pitch says, looking at the Charmander with a grin. "You're one of us. There is no way you are leaving here any time soon. We are your family. You will not leave us. Otherwise I'll let Thales have some fun with you. Understand?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #1094

Pitch grins, nodding at Carn.

"Next time, don't flinch," Pitch says, looking at the Charmander with a grin. "You're one of us. There is no way you are leaving here any time soon. We are your family. You will not leave us. Otherwise I'll let Thales have some fun with you. Understand?"
    The Charmander is absolutely quivering as you speak, but it seems to muster up the strength to stabilize itself when you mention being its family.

It shakes its head and says, "Char-Char-Mander, Char-Man-Man."

Carn translates, "He says that his family is back there, where we left them."

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, no problem," he says with an easy smile as he makes room for the voice. Wait a minute. A voice?

Leaping back alarmedly, Nikolas stares at the source of noise worriedly. Weren't the roads supposed to be safe and devoid of danger? Why were there peop-oh, nevermind. Of course people were going to stick to the safer roads if they were made available. Feeling very stupid all of a sudden for forgetting such a crucial fact, Nikolas forgets to put up his impassive wall.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

The Charmander is absolutely quivering as you speak, but it seems to muster up the strength to stabilize itself when you mention being its family.

It shakes its head and says, "Char-Char-Mander, Char-Man-Man."

Carn translates, "He says that his family is back there, where we left them."
    "No. We're your family. Understand?" he says, flicking out his knife. "Your other family was too weak to protect you. They were fools. We are strong. We took you to join our family. I suggest you fix your answer. Now."
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-16 at 01:51 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1097

"Ah, no problem," he says with an easy smile as he makes room for the voice. Wait a minute. A voice?

Leaping back alarmedly, Nikolas stares at the source of noise worriedly. Weren't the roads supposed to be safe and devoid of danger? Why were there peop-oh, nevermind. Of course people were going to stick to the safer roads if they were made available. Feeling very stupid all of a sudden for forgetting such a crucial fact, Nikolas forgets to put up his impassive wall.
    The girl looks amused by your jumpiness. "I won't bite, I promise. Be safe," she says as she goes her way. Her Kecleon, which had been fully camouflaged earlier, uncloaks itself and steps along behind its trainer.

18. - Top - End - #1098

"No. We're your family. Understand?" he says, flicking out his knife. "Your other family was too weak to protect you. They were fools. We are strong. We took you to join our family. I suggest you fix your answer. Now."
    The Charmander warily eyes your knife and realizes the consequences of refusal. Still, it isn't a huge fan of you. "...Char."

Carn translates the monosyllabic answer as "Fine."

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Squinting at the girl suspiciously as she passes by, Nikolas looks down to his Pokemon for encouragement. Not willing to force an encounter with the girl nor lose progress, he matches his pace with hers so that she remains a certain distance ahead of him.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

The Charmander warily eyes your knife and realizes the consequences of refusal. Still, it isn't a huge fan of you. "...Char."

Carn translates the monosyllabic answer as "Fine."
    Pitch smiles, his knife disappearing in a flash.

"Good choice," he says, waving Carn away from the Charmander. "Would you like something to eat? We have a little bit of everything; whatever you want," Pitch says, the veiled threats gone from his tone.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

As you travel across the open road, you cross paths with a couple of trainers heading toward Wrystone. The boy has a Chatot on his shoulder and is riding a Stoutland, while the girl is holding a Togepi and riding a Rapidash. You pick up a snippet of their conversation as they pass you.

"But seriously, the guy had it coming, working with Ostra."
    "Come on, Ben. They burned his house down!"
    "Well, you know what they say about karma..."

A little ways down the road, you see a Deerling walk into an area of the trees. Following it, you walk into a little grazing ground for wild pokemon, with a small pond and plenty of berry bushes. The Deerling is nibbling on some berries near the pond, and has not been alerted to your presence yet.
    Leo approached the Deerling quietly, making little enough sound that the pokemon wouldn't know about his approach. He knelt beside it and started to collect some of the berries there to make a quick lunch his group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't let me forget to use pickup after this, I always forget.
    Using "Close Watch" 25m is the farthest you may move without alerting a Wild’s attention. You may approach a Wild Pokemon without alerting it to your presence, until you stop moving. The pokemon you approach is not instantly provoked but may be startled. You may attempt to befriend the Wild as long as you don’t provoke it.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-16 at 02:15 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

As your styler wraps around the drenched Growlithe, Kamoho's blast of water knocks his target out. The remaining Growlithe runs up to Kamoho and chomps down on the Totodile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite!
    AC 2(1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d12+13)[15]

Rain continues to fall.
    Oh.

Oh.

It /bit/ him. It could have tackled him, it could have done a lot of things, but it /bit/ him.

"Dile!"

"Kamoho! Back off, let me - "

"DILE!"

Mordecai paused. He recognized /that/. "...oh. Okay! Bite him back - but then get behind me!"

Kamoho was far more focused on the bite - which he did with carefully rehearsed gusto. After the bite - before fully seeing the results - Mordecai shoved himself between Kamoho and the growlithe, a pokeball in hand - but waiting for the growlithe to be struck before throwing it.

Spoiler
    Show

I /think/ the technical order of operations is - Mordecai does nothing this turn, Kamoho bites the growlithe, the growlithe does whatever, then Mordecai throws pokeball as his trainer action next turn. If it's possible for me to 'wait for the scratch and then throw' this turn, then awesome - I do that. :P Important thing is that hopefully Mr. Growlithe takes damage before pokeballing.

Aaaaaanyway, Kamoho scratches G4 then moves to H-4. Mordeai moves to H-5 in the way.
    Attack roll: (1d20)[19]
    Scratch damage: (1d12+13)[15]

Pokeball roll! C'mon, RNG: (1d100+5)[46]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #1103

Squinting at the girl suspiciously as she passes by, Nikolas looks down to his Pokemon for encouragement. Not willing to force an encounter with the girl nor lose progress, he matches his pace with hers so that she remains a certain distance ahead of him.
    You stalk follow behind the girl for the rest of the day, since the path is narrow and singular and there's no other way to go. She occasionally looks back to check if it's still just you following her, and she smiles and turns around quickly each time.

A fair bit into the night, you finally reach the other side of the path and are once again out in the open. The girl starts to set up her camp nearby and waves to you politely when she notices you emerge as well.

"Hey, stranger!"

24. - Top - End - #1104

Pitch smiles, his knife disappearing in a flash.

"Good choice," he says, waving Carn away from the Charmander. "Would you like something to eat? We have a little bit of everything; whatever you want," Pitch says, the veiled threats gone from his tone.
    The Charmander nods dejectedly when you mention food. He nibbles a bit on the food you provide but consciously does not eat too much. He keeps his eyes down the whole time.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Leo approached the Deerling quietly, making little enough sound that the pokemon wouldn't know about his approach. He knelt beside it and started to collect some of the berries there to make a quick lunch his group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't let me forget to use pickup after this, I always forget.
    Using "Close Watch" 25m is the farthest you may move without alerting a Wild’s attention. You may approach a Wild Pokemon without alerting it to your presence, until you stop moving. The pokemon you approach is not instantly provoked but may be startled. You may attempt to befriend the Wild as long as you don’t provoke it.
    The Deerling continues grazing until you're right next to it and picking berries. Then it finally notices you and runs off to the east, startled. A fair distance away, it turns around to examine the human that had so quietly snuck up on it.

From the bush, you're able to pluck a couple of (2) Bluk Berries (Dry, Sweet), a handful of (4) Pinap Berries (Spicy, Sour), and a single Figy Berry. You also pick a handful of nondescript berries that could probably serve as a decent meal for a Pokemon inclined to eat them.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Don't forget to use Pickup afterward!)

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Leo finishes collects the berries and cooks up a quick meal out of the more nondescript berries. After a short picnic, he let the pokemon have half an hour to do what they wanted while he did some reading on his newest book: Effects of Xylonic Expansion on the Habitats of Local Pokemon Biomes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pickup! (1d20)[7]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1107

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Oh.

Oh.

It /bit/ him. It could have tackled him, it could have done a lot of things, but it /bit/ him.

"Dile!"

"Kamoho! Back off, let me - "

"DILE!"

Mordecai paused. He recognized /that/. "...oh. Okay! Bite him back - but then get behind me!"

Kamoho was far more focused on the bite - which he did with carefully rehearsed gusto. After the bite - before fully seeing the results - Mordecai shoved himself between Kamoho and the growlithe, a pokeball in hand - but waiting for the growlithe to be struck before throwing it.

Spoiler
    Show

I /think/ the technical order of operations is - Mordecai does nothing this turn, Kamoho bites the growlithe, the growlithe does whatever, then Mordecai throws pokeball as his trainer action next turn. If it's possible for me to 'wait for the scratch and then throw' this turn, then awesome - I do that. :P Important thing is that hopefully Mr. Growlithe takes damage before pokeballing.

Aaaaaanyway, Kamoho scratches G4 then moves to H-4. Mordeai moves to H-5 in the way.
    Attack roll: [roll0]
    Scratch damage: [roll1]

Pokeball roll! C'mon, RNG: [roll2]

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I'm cool with the Pokemon acting first then you taking your trainer action.

Kamoho is able to get some measure of revenge, paying the Growlithe back bite-for-bite. Before the Growlithe is even able to shake the pain of that retaliation, your Poke Ball hits it in the side and engulfs it in light.

The Poke Ball bounces around a few times and shakes pretty violently, but the Growlithe is unable to break free. The ball settles down and clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught a Growlithe!
    Male, level 11.
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Proud
    HP 6 (+1)
    ATK 7
    DEF 5
    SATK 7 (-2)
    SDEF 5
    SPEED 6
    HP: 60%

Seeing you capture their friend, the two previously docile Growlithe promptly run off into the night, howling.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Kamoho gains 4*11*10 = 440 EXP!

28. - Top - End - #1108

Leo finishes collects the berries and cooks up a quick meal out of the more nondescript berries. After a short picnic, he let the pokemon have half an hour to do what they wanted while he did some reading on his newest book: Effects of Xylonic Expansion on the Habitats of Local Pokemon Biomes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pickup! [roll0]
    Since you're busy reading, your Pokemon find ways to occupy themselves. Sicarius picks some berries and starts juggling them much to Piri Piri and Buela's entertainment. He caps the little show off by eating the berries with a flourish. Then Sicarius instructs Piri Piri and Buela on how to play a little game. He throws up a leaf or rock and they take turns frying or zapping them out of the air. It helps their aim and looks pretty fun, too.

While that's going on, Nightlock wanders off a bit and explores the area. When he returns, he walks up to you and drops a battered looking discarded pill box. Inside is a single black-and-blue pill you recognize as a Dire Hit!

Spoiler
    Show
    (I suppose I'm stylizing the X-items as pills. Might change that later but for now, pills.)

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

Since you're busy reading, your Pokemon find ways to occupy themselves. Sicarius picks some berries and starts juggling them much to Piri Piri and Buela's entertainment. He caps the little show off by eating the berries with a flourish. Then Sicarius instructs Piri Piri and Buela on how to play a little game. He throws up a leaf or rock and they take turns frying or zapping them out of the air. It helps their aim and looks pretty fun, too.

While that's going on, Nightlock wanders off a bit and explores the area. When he returns, he walks up to you and drops a battered looking discarded pill box. Inside is a single black-and-blue pill you recognize as a Dire Hit!

Spoiler
    Show
    (I suppose I'm stylizing the X-items as pills. Might change that later but for now, pills.)
    Thank you Nightlock, this should come in really useful. Here, I've got something for you too. Leo digs around his pack and pulls out the Oran berry. Hold this, when you're getting tired, eat it and it will speed your healing process.

Piri Piri ran over and looked at Leo quizzically, Maka?

You already have a berry Piri, or did you eat it? Piri Piri shakes his head and produces the berry proudly. He runs to Nightlock and they have a small argument about who had a better berry before Leo returned them and continued travelling.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Mordecai presses his luck! What could possibly go wrong?

"Way to go, Kamoho!"

"Dile!" The totodile placed both hands on his side, and nodded. To nobody in particular, as only Mordecai was really watching him. He hoisted his Totodile back to his shoulder position.

"Okay! Now we.... uh, Kamoho?"

"Dile!"

"Kamoho. You can stop the rain now."

"Dile?" Kamoho had forgotten entirely about the rain. He knocked it off - fortunately, Mordecai didn't care particularly about being wet, and he'd be back to dry off before any health issues caught up to him.

"Okay! Now we shoudl get back to town where - " Mordecai began, when he interrupted himself. ".... wait. Tommorrow, we're gonna be walking for probably an entire week. We're in good shape - we have to power on a little more. Paka!"

The starly came out of his pokeball literally on his head. Tumbling over, he hopped up and down with his bizzare chirp.

Mordecai stared at the ball for a moment - had he been... holding it upside down? Did that even make sense? "Paka - see if you can see any other wilds in this area. We still haven't met those alphas. I'm pretty sure at this point, however, we're not gonna find them tonight - but we should keep looking a little longer."

Blast, he yawned. He was trying not to. On cue, Kamoho yawned as well, as did Paka. Yawns were contagious.

"You ready? Just a little longer." He stated to the zorua with a smile, patting her on the head before continuing walking.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-16 at 06:45 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics