Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo looks at Piri Piri, his eyes big, and arms full of peppers. Go ahead, you earned it. Piri Piri grinned, and started to gobble the peppers by the handfull At least its not the berry As Piri is eating, Leo clears off a portion of the counter, and pulls up a stool for his new partner to sit on.

    Hey mom, Do you need any help here today?

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    In retrospection, Nikolas probably had been planning to enter the gym half cocked. He smiled though, happy that Avu had yet again given him another chance. To think, he had almost forgotten his prized memento. He didn't want to know how Avu had known about it, but thought it better than to ask too many questions.

    He crumples the note, as well as the picture, and stuffs it into his pants pocket. The bit about the murderer was worrying but it wasn't as if Avu was sending him in to fight the man. He internalized the picture, to ready himself in case he ever saw the man. Finished with that, Nikolas looks down at the bundle in his arms and speaks to Orobas, "Good news. You'll get to see my house after all."

    Without risking being caught by his father, Nikolas returned to the grand, if dusty home, that had been in his father's family for generations. No one lived there anymore, saved he and his father, and until they had moved back in, there were rumors going around that the building was haunted. The creaking and groaning of the ancient plumbing did not do much to help in that regard. Sometimes he wondered if the house really was haunted. But if he really had to say, a lot of the houses in Orum seemed to be haunted. A side-effect of living in a Pokemon graveyard he supposed. Luckily he had Orobas to help him out.

    Sensing his trainer's apprehension, Orobas yips its name excitedly, allaying Nikolas' fears yet again.
    You weave your way through the growing crowd as each new bystander seems just as confused as the last. You are the only person in town walking away from the gym right now.

    When you reach Torel Manor, the gate creaks loudly ad you open it. The cobblestone walkway looks just as uninviting as always, but at least your father won't be here this time.

    But perhaps the enemy you know might be preferable to the one you don't...
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Why, don't thank me, you've earned it! It is all of us who should thank you for a great show today. But please allow me to part ways with young Randel here." Zayir bends over to tell your Magnemite, "You're destined for great things, Randel. So long as you stick with Miss Noricen here!" Then he excuses himself to go grab some parting gifts from backstage. He returns and hands you one thing at a time, accompanied by enthusiastic explanations.

    "This is a Pokedex! You just point, click, and bam! Info about whatever pokemon you've happened to come across. It takes a bit of time to warm up, but all great ones do! Be sure to constantly use it, as you'll find the knowledge is invaluable to any growing trainer.

    And this flashy item is a Pokegear. It is a watch, a phone, and a map among other things. Consult it whenever you need a little help scheduling a show or finding one. Never be late, dear! The trick to proper showmanship is to always be early, in case something goes drastically wrong.

    Here are some items for the road as well. Three potions to patch your pokemon up, three bottles of enriched water to quench your thirst, and three pokeballs to add more members to your lineup!

    Of course, this little guy will be your headliner. So here's a metronome to help him perfect his act. Practice makes perfect, Randel!

    And finally, here's a TM to help you out. It contains Thunder Wave, a magnificent move for any rising star.

    I do hope you come back someday for an even more thrilling battle, Miss Noricen. Until then!
    " He bows deeply to you.
    Randel, pleased by the attention, continues to float around both Zayir and Celeste, the small metronome ticking away from where it rested, strapped around its left magnet. "Thank you for all of these," she said as she accepted the gifts, bowing deeply in response. "I'll definitely come back when I'm ready for a badge."

    Her part in the day's show complete, she stepped back, and then through the door leading off-stage. Out of sight of the crowds and the bustle, she sighed, slumping slightly against a wall. It had been far harder than she had expected to get up in front of everybody, but she had done it. She was a trainer, free to go where she wanted, wherever that was. Randel bumped into her, the metronome still ticking faintly, and she smiled as she pet him. "I've done it, so now what? We should go for gym battles since that's what trainers are supposed to do, right?" Her hand ran over the dent left by the Hoothoot's first tackle. "Well, let's get you to a Pokemon Center for now. And, let's see how this works." She walked, carrying Randel snug in one arm, as with the other hand, she pulled out the Pokedex and scanned Randel into it.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas hugged Orobas tightly to him, eliciting an annoyed squeak from the Abra. "S-sorry Orobas. I've just always been afraid of the place. Don't worry, we're just going back to my room and then we're leaving. There won't be any time for the gho-Nothing. Because nothing will attack us."

    He turns this line intro a mantra as he chants it like a buddhist incantation, "Nothingwillattackusnothingwillattackusnothingwill attackus," as he half walks-half scrambles through the empty halls of the manor. If the Abra minds the shaky trip he doesn't say.

    Soon enough, the door to his room comes into view.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai noted that Kamoho didn't bite /her/. Huh. So maybe it was a trust issue. Still, that'd be something to work towards... and now there'd be time. Phew!

    He accepted the pokedex gratefully, looking over both it and the pokegear. Ironically, the latter he didn't need too much - being a ranger, he already had similar built into his styler - but he knew he could link the two anyway.

    Potions reminded him - he had to take care to ensure he wouldn't run out of money, or his journey would get exceptionally difficult.

    Mordecai noticed that Kamoho noticed the berry - pretty much exclusively. Sour foods, then. Yeesh.

    "Thank you, Leia!" He glanced at the TM. "Never heard of... uh, raining dance before. Kamoho definitely needs to head to the pokemon centre, though."

    It was all he could do to make his walk to the pokemon centre merely a walk and not a mad dash.

    ~~

    "H-hello! Can you help my totodile?"

    Mordecai reached towards his pokemon, but did catch the mischevious smirk. Expecting another bite, he instead paused. "You need me to return him, right?"

    "Yes, please. It does expedite healing."

    He then instead returned the pokemon, bypassing biting for the precise instant.

    "Oh, I see you have a TM. From Leia, right?"

    "Yeah."

    "Would you like me to apply it? It's much safer to have them applied in pokemon centres."

    Mordecai... hadn't realized that. "Oh. Yes please, then."

    After the healing, the nurse handed Mordecai his pokemon back. He released Kamoho who watched him idly.

    "Please hold him steady."

    Mordecai knelt. "Okay, Kamoho! Leia gave us a TM. It may hurt a bit, but I need you t- "

    Granted... he should've probably expected the totodile to latch onto his arm. He was already getting a pretty good feel for when that was about to happen.

    The nurse raised an eyebrow, however, as Mordecai didn't remove his hand. "Okay, he's ready." His voice was only slightly shaky.

    She watched for a few more moments - the totodile seemed quite content biting Mordecai's arm pretty hard. Trainers nowdays... Shrugging, she prepared to administer the TM when she heard a commotion outside. Mordecai turned as well - was that... Leia? Why was she coming in here?

    Kamoho, jaw still on Mordecai's arm, watched as well.
    Leia waves goodbye and calls forth the next challenger. In your hurry to leave, you don't catch a glimpse of his face or his name.

    -----

    Leia rushes into the Pokemon Center, cradling a small bear pokemon in her arms. She runs straight to the counter, proceeds to jump right over it and yell, "I need a doctor!!" A man in scrubs quickly appears and ushers her into another room. Everyone in the building is thinking the exact same thing: What just happened?
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The nurse looks amused by your bravado. No doubt she hears various degrees of it every single day. I shall heal your friend right away, Sir. And here are a few potions on the house, since you just became a new trainer and all, Mister...what'd you say your name was? she asks as she hands you two potions.
    Pitch's face darkens. Mordecai is still here. Looks like the nurses may have already treated him as well. No way that was going to work.

    "I-I was hoping you wouldn't ask that," he says, looking down. "I promise, it was an accident. Can you just heal my Pokemon so I can leave?" he says, continuing to look down, not trusting himself to pull off an appropriate face.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo looks at Piri Piri, his eyes big, and arms full of peppers. Go ahead, you earned it. Piri Piri grinned, and started to gobble the peppers by the handfull At least its not the berry As Piri is eating, Leo clears off a portion of the counter, and pulls up a stool for his new partner to sit on.

    Hey mom, Do you need any help here today?
    Piri Piri hops onto the stool, clearly entranced by the plethora of spicy foods. It must seem like paradise to him.

    "Why Dear, you've just become a hotshot trainer and your first reaction is to offer to help your mother in the kitchen? I do believe you are the only person on this planet who would make that decision!

    But sure, if would be OK delaying your adventures a little while longer, I could always use the help. I'll be fine without your help though if you want to go fight some bad guys!

    So did you get that pretty gym leader's number like I told you to?
    "
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Well I'm not leaving town right away. I could probably get to Xylo with the money I saved up, but I'd rather make some more before I go, and I'd like to catch another pokemon, just so I have some variety on my team.

    When she said the bit about "the pretty gym leader" Leo got a little angry. Mom she's not just pretty, she's radient, and full of fire and life and ... Realizing what he was telling his mom the stopped quickly. And I thought you said you would stop meddling. If you're going to be like this I'm going out to train. Piri Piri let's go. Leo walked out of the kitchen without another word, promptly turned around, and went back in. And don't even think about talking to her about me when I'm gone.

    With that he left for the pokemon center, leaving his mother, and her cafe's grinning patrons behind him.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 06:24 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Randel, pleased by the attention, continues to float around both Zayir and Celeste, the small metronome ticking away from where it rested, strapped around its left magnet. "Thank you for all of these," she said as she accepted the gifts, bowing deeply in response. "I'll definitely come back when I'm ready for a badge."

    Her part in the day's show complete, she stepped back, and then through the door leading off-stage. Out of sight of the crowds and the bustle, she sighed, slumping slightly against a wall. It had been far harder than she had expected to get up in front of everybody, but she had done it. She was a trainer, free to go where she wanted, wherever that was. Randel bumped into her, the metronome still ticking faintly, and she smiled as she pet him. "I've done it, so now what? We should go for gym battles since that's what trainers are supposed to do, right?" Her hand ran over the dent left by the Hoothoot's first tackle. "Well, let's get you to a Pokemon Center for now. And, let's see how this works." She walked, carrying Randel snug in one arm, as with the other hand, she pulled out the Pokedex and scanned Randel into it.
    You catch the tail end of Zayir's exciting introduction of the next challenger before you walk far enough that the noise dies down.

    Your Pokedex makes some beeping noises and a few moments later, some information about Magnemites pops up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Magnemite floats in the air by emitting electromagnetic waves from the units at its sides. These waves block gravity. This Pokémon becomes incapable of flight if its internal electrical supply is depleted.
    (Info as per PTA 'dex. Figure it's not too crucial, this being your starter and all.)


    Randel looks at you happily, metronome faintly ticking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    PS Randel got 120 EXP from that battle, I'll also edit the previous post to reflect this. By the way, do you know about the chatpad Arcran made? We're all on it, you should join us!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 07:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas hugged Orobas tightly to him, eliciting an annoyed squeak from the Abra. "S-sorry Orobas. I've just always been afraid of the place. Don't worry, we're just going back to my room and then we're leaving. There won't be any time for the gho-Nothing. Because nothing will attack us."

    He turns this line intro a mantra as he chants it like a buddhist incantation, "Nothingwillattackusnothingwillattackusnothingwill attackus," as he half walks-half scrambles through the empty halls of the manor. If the Abra minds the shaky trip he doesn't say.

    Soon enough, the door to his room comes into view.
    A dark shadow flits across the face of your door, but when you look around for what cast it, you see nothing. The same old faulty plumbing noises come from around the house. You think you hear some faint laughter coming from somewhere, but you aren't sure if you imagined it or not. The air is still.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch's face darkens. Mordecai is still here. Looks like the nurses may have already treated him as well. No way that was going to work.

    "I-I was hoping you wouldn't ask that," he says, looking down. "I promise, it was an accident. Can you just heal my Pokemon so I can leave?" he says, continuing to look down, not trusting himself to pull off an appropriate face.
    She gives you a look before it dawns on her. "Oh God. That was you? You...I hope it was an accident, for your sake. Luckily for this little fella here, we don't hold them responsible for stuff like that. We're sworn to do no harm, so I'll heal your Pokemon but then I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She doesn't take the potions away, and she tends to your pokemon in silence. She hands it back to you and looks down, pretending to be busy with some paperwork.

    No one else in the center seems to have recognized you.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Well I'm not leaving town right away. I could probably get to Xylo with the money I saved up, but I'd rather make some more before I go, and I'd like to catch another pokemon, just so I have some variety on my team.

    When she said the bit about "the pretty gym leader" Leo got a little angry. Mom she's not just pretty, she's radient, and full of fire and life and ... Realizing what he was telling his mom the stopped quickly. And I thought you said you would stop meddling. If you're going to be like this I'm going out to train. Piri Piri let's go. Leo walked out of the kitchen without another word, promptly turned around, and went back in. And don't even think about talking to her about me when I'm gone.

    With that he left for the pokemon center, leaving his mother, and her cafe's grinning patrons behind him.
    Your mother struggles to stifle her own laughter at how much her mention of Halle irked you. "Be safe out there, Son!"

    On your way to the center, one of the patrons from your family's cafe catches up to you. "Hey, Leo! Can I ask you for a favor?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas bit back a wailing shriek, wanting to seem brave in front of Orobas. Though, he had a sneaking suspicion that the psychic type knew more about his insecurities than he let on. "T-that wasn't you was it Orobas?"

    The small Abra shook its head as if to say no and Nikolas' fears double. Once again sensing his trainer's hesitation it cries out loudly, "Abra abra ab abra!" to whatever it is that's making the noise.

    Nikolas wanted to cover the Pokemon's mouth but could not lest he drop the psychic in turn. Instead he settled on lightly reprimanding it, "C'mon Orobas, we need to hurry up and get out of here."

    Almost afraid of what might happen if he delay any further, Nikolas grips the door handle and swings it open.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 06:40 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Hey Gale, what's up? Please let him not have overheard me and mom.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 06:50 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas bit back a wailing shriek, wanting to seem brave in front of Orobas. Though, he had a sneaking suspicion that the psychic type knew more about his insecurities than he let on. "T-that wasn't you was it Orobas?"

    The small Abra shook its head as if to say no and Nikolas' fears double. Once again sensing his trainer's hesitation it cries out loudly, "Abra abra ab abra!" to whatever it is that's making the noise.

    Nikolas wanted to cover the Pokemon's mouth but could not lest he drop the psychic in turn. Instead he settled on lightly reprimanding it, "C'mon Orobas, we need to hurry up and get out of here."

    Almost afraid of what might happen if he delay any further, Nikolas grips the door handle and swings it open.
    Nothing seems to respond to Orobas's little outburst, except the faint laughter from before grows a little bit louder. But it goes away so quickly that you're still not sure it's real. Your door opens without incident. In front of you is your room just as you left it, as far as you can tell. The laughing from before gets louder yet. Now you can't be sure it isn't real.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Hey Gale, what's up? Please let him not have overheard me and mom.
    "Well, since you just became a trainer and all, I was hoping you could help me out." He lets out a pokemon and holds it up in his hands. "My family's had this Karrablast for as long as I can remember and I always wanted to travel around the world with it, but real life always got in the way. Now I just want it to find it a good home!

    Anyway, I heard that Karrablasts evolve when they interact with another pokemon that looks like it has a helmet for a shell. If you could catch one of those and bring it back, I'll let you have whatever by Karrablast evolves into! I just want to see the pair evolve, because that sounds really neat.

    Could you do that for me, Leo? If it's not too much trouble.
    "
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 07:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    (This section takes place the first time Leia steps into the pokemon centre, and thus is while she's trying to rescue her Cubchoo)

    "Hi Leia! Thanks again fo-"

    She more or less ignored him. She was clearly in a hurry - what was wrong? He watched to the back - after a moment, the Nurse applied the TM and then went to the back herself for a time.

    Which did bring Mordecai's attention to details about his arm - he gave a tug, and it came out. Seemed Kamoho was just as curious about Leia's behavior.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    (This section takes place afterwards - when Leia had already gone back to her gym, and Pitch was about to leave the Pokemon centre)

    'New trainer'? And he /had/ said something about just battling the leader. Hey, maybe that'd been the new trainer Leia had spoken to just before battling him. Granted, he'd been too busy and nervous to really pay attention to his face. Kamoho was sitting relatively calmly for the first time, too.

    That particular statement from the nurse, however, was particularly worrisome - what precisely had happened?

    Still, it would be rude for him to say absolutely nothing, so he stepped over. "Hello! Sorry I didn't say anything earlier - I was kinda preoccupied. But I see you earned a pokemon - congratulations on your victory!"

    He did notice the nurse tense, just slightly, at that statement. Had he /not/ won? Mordecai would feel pretty bad if that was the case.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-15 at 07:14 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas quickly enters the room, ignoring the laughter for now, and pulls out his memento box from underneath his bed. There were a few pictures inside, as well as a few pieces of scrap that he had experimented with when he was younger. Shoving all of that aside, he digs out a slightly dulled Pokeball. It is identical in make to the other standard issue Pokeballs, save for its dulled color and a holographic thunderbolt sticker he had stuck on it when he was younger. To his joy, the sticker still flashed as he rolled the ball in his hands.

    "You're my starter Orobas, but the Pokemon that used to live in this Pokeball was my very first. Something my mom gave me," he said, smiling nostalgically.

    Realizing where he was currently kneeling and mot wanting to stick around for much longer, he shrunk the ball down and placed it with the rest of his Pokeballs. He could fix it later. When he was nowhere near the manor.

    "I-I'm leaving now ghost. Y-you wouldn't want to eat me anyway. My soul probably isn't very tasty a-anyway."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 07:08 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch turns when the other trainer says hi.

    "Oh, thanks," he says, unsure how to react. Apparently this trainer didn't know about him killing the Cubchoo, otherwise he wouldn't be congratulating him. Then again, if he didn't know, maybe know would be a good time for a battle? Just a quick one? Pitch could see if Thales' win was a fluke, or if he was really a Pokemon he could come to like.

    "Hey, you just beat the leader, right?" he asks. "Would you-" he says, looking over at the nurse. He shouldn't openly ask for a battle here. "Like to go to the ocean or something? See what our new Pokemon can do? Mine had an accident at the Gym and I'd like to make sure he's OK."

    Please say yes, please say yes...
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas quickly enters the room, ignoring the laughter for now, and pulls out his memento box from underneath his bed. There were a few pictures inside, as well as a few pieces of scrap that he had experimented with when he was younger. Shoving all of that aside, he digs out a slightly dulled Pokeball. It is identical in make to the other standard issue Pokeballs, save for its dulled color and a holographic thunderbolt sticker he had stuck on it when he was younger. To his joy, the sticker still flashed as he rolled the ball in his hands.

    "You're my starter Orobas, but the Pokemon that used to live in this Pokeball was my very first. Something my mom gave me," he said, smiling nostalgically.

    Realizing where he was currently kneeling and not wanting to stick around for much longer, he shrunk the ball down and placed it with the rest of his Pokeballs. He could fix it later. When he was nowhere near the manor.

    "I-I'm leaving now ghost. Y-you wouldn't want to eat me anyway. My soul probably isn't very tasty a-anyway."
    Orobas tilts his head as you tell him about your first pokemon.

    Your pleas meet only an increased volume of laughter. This time though, the laughter doesn't stop. It just grows louder and closer until right before your eyes, a ghost appears! It's still too busy laughing to attack quite yet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    This was bad. He was stuck in a room without anyway of knowing how to beat the ghost. He'd heard of ghost-types before but that really told him nothing important he could use against the Pokemon that had appeared before him. Weren't psychics weak against ghost Pokemon? What if the ghost had a move that could kill Orobas. Remembering how his Magnemite had been torn away from his Nikolas places himself defensively in front of Orobas, trying to make himself as big a target as possible.

    Shift to E6 and withdraw Pokedex to scan the Pokemon.

    "Stay behind me and attack it while I'm distracting it, Orobas."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to C6 and use Hidden Power.
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[15]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d12+18)[20]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 07:49 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    A Karrablast! Those pokemon are fascinating. The pokemon you're thinking of is Shelmet. They only evolve when they interact with one another, but nobody knows why. I'd love to witness it firsthand instead of just read about it. I'm afraid even if I do find one, I won't be back in town for quite a while.

    Leo makes his way to the pokemon center, scanning any pokemon he comes across. Hello, I'd like to apply a Sunny Day TM to my Daramuka. And do you have a kitchen here i can use? I'm ready for some food.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking check (1d4+2)[3] portions of spicy food.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 07:40 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    An accident?

    "Hrm. Well, I did want to go catch some more pokemon first... but sure! I'm sure Kamoho wouldn't mind a friendly battle." He glanced at the totodile, who noticed his look and chomped at the air. Ugh.

    "But how about we battle just outside the entrance to town, still on the path? It's a lot closer than the docks, and I'm pretty sure there won't be any collateral damage there."

    Not to mention, a battle to help Kamoho get more used to not-water locations would help him out. Not every battle will be where he has the advantage of the field.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    This was bad. He was stuck in a room without anyway of knowing how to beat the ghost. He'd heard of ghost-types before but that really told him nothing important he could use against the Pokemon that had appeared before him. Weren't psychics weak against ghost Pokemon? What if the ghost had a move that could kill Orobas. Remembering how his Magnemite had been torn away from his Nikolas places himself defensively in front of Orobas, trying to make himself as big a target as possible.

    Shift to E6 and withdraw Pokedex to scan the Pokemon.

    "Stay behind me and attack me while it's distracted, Orobas."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to C6 and use Hidden Power.
    Accuracy Check - (1d20)[11]
    Hidden Power (Dragon) - (1d6+7)[12]
    Your Pokedex is making some beeping noises as your Abra launches a blast of energy that strikes the wild pokemon. It's laughter is instantly silenced and floats at a much lower level now. Your attempt to shield your Abra from its response works, as the ghost instead floats toward you. It proceeds to extend a long pink tongue and lick you. It's quite...disconcerting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lick!
    AC 2 (1d20)[11] (Paralyze on 15-20)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[12] (ghost)


    Afterward, the wild pokemon is noticeably tired. It's eyes droop and its attempt to laugh comes out as a course cough.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    A Karrablast! Those pokemon are fascinating. The pokemon you're thinking of is Shelmet. They only evolve when they interact with one another, but nobody knows why. I'd love to witness it firsthand instead of just read about it. I'm afraid even if I do find one, I won't be back in town for quite a while.

    Leo makes his way to the pokemon center, scanning any pokemon he comes across. Hello, I'd like to apply a Sunny Day TM to my Daramuka. And do you have a kitchen here i can use? I'm ready for some food.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking check [roll0] portions of spicy food.
    Gale nods and simply asks you to bring a "Shelmet" back if you can.

    You manage to scan a couple of pokemon that others are taking for strolls around town. They give you funny looks and scoff when they notice what you're doing, however.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scanned: Tangela, Vulpix, Cacnea.


    Sure thing, Sir. I will take care of that right away. And there is a basic kitchenette right through there," the nurse says, pointing to a door on your right.

    You manage to make a fair bit of spicy food, enough to feed you and Piri Piri and possibly another friend for a day.

    An orderly comes to find you and let you know that your Darumaka is good to go.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas winces from the pain and stumbles back slightly, but not enough to give any ground to the Gastly. Not sure if he could take another hit like that, Nikolas withdraws a ball from his bag and throws it at the Gastly desperately, hoping to at least scare it away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas throws a Pokeball at the Gastly and activates Curve Ball.
    Gastly takes 2 damage that cannot be reduced.
    (1d100+4)[61]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-15 at 07:59 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    An accident?

    "Hrm. Well, I did want to go catch some more pokemon first... but sure! I'm sure Kamoho wouldn't mind a friendly battle." He glanced at the totodile, who noticed his look and chomped at the air. Ugh.

    "But how about we battle just outside the entrance to town, still on the path? It's a lot closer than the docks, and I'm pretty sure there won't be any collateral damage there."

    Not to mention, a battle to help Kamoho get more used to not-water locations would help him out. Not every battle will be where he has the advantage of the field.
    "Alright, town gate it is," Pitch says completely unphased by the change in destination, looking at the nurse who is likely looking at him disapprovingly for fighting so soon after his Pokemon's death. "Mind if we swing by the Pokemart? I could really use some Pokeballs."

    Once Mordecai agrees, he swings by the Pokemart to pick up some supplies. At the Pokemart, Pitch buys four Pokeballs and two beers. In addition, he asks the shop owner if he knows a good way to make some quick money around here.

    Pitch heads towards the town entrance and, once outside, turns to Mordecai.

    "Will this do?" he says, gesturing to a fairly wide open area. He releases Thales next to him.

    "You may have the first move."

    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 08:15 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas winces from the pain and stumbles back slightly, but not enough to give any ground to the Gastly. Not sure if he could take another hit like that, Nikolas withdraws a ball from his bag and throws it at the Gastly desperately, hoping to at least scare it away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas throws a Pokeball at the Gastly and activates Curve Ball.
    Gastly takes 2 damage that cannot be reduced.
    [roll0]
    The pokemon disappears into your Pokeball, which falls to the ground and bounces a few times. Then it starts to shudder and whip around on the floor. You can almost see the ghost pokemon trying to break free.

    Moments later--you hear a click. The pokemon is caught! Your pokedex beeps, a little late to the party.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gastly - The Ghost Pokemon. It's climbin' in yo' windows, snatchin' yo' people up.
    And, y'know, further info.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gastly caught!
    Level: 4
    Base stats:
    HP 3
    Attack 4
    Defense 3
    SATK 10 (+2)
    SDEF 4 (-2)
    Speed 8
    Nature: Rash
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick
    Ability: Levitate

    Also, your Abra gains 60 EXP!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai thanked the nurse on the way out. She seemed to be watching him, but at this point he wasn't completely sure what was up. Either way, he couldn't afford to have his mind wandering like that - this was his second battle, and his first one as an official trainer!

    Kamoho was still rubbing his sore neck. The totodile contemplating another bite, but he'd had his fill of Mordecai's arm for the time being. He had not, however, expected Mordecai to return him.

    Mordecai waited outside as Arcran bought things, then stepped to the field. He glanced aside - right next to town. "This should be good!"

    He then wasn't sure what normal rules were for where you started a match. Summarily, he tossed the pokeball next to himself at G-12. Kamoho glared at him again, but Mordecai pointed. "This will be our first battle as official trainers, Kamoho!"

    Which reminded the totodile that the ranger needed a bite for not selecting remoraid. He glanced to the other side, and nodded. "Tot."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Alright, town gate it is," Pitch says completely unphased by the change in destination, looking at the nurse who is likely looking at him disapprovingly for fighting so soon after his Pokemon's death. "Mind if we swing by the Pokemart? I could really use some Pokeballs."

    Once Mordecai agrees, he swings by the Pokemart to pick up some supplies. At the Pokemart, Pitch buys four Pokeballs and two beers. In addition, he asks the shop owner if he knows a good way to make some quick money around here.

    Pitch heads towards the town entrance and, once outside, turns to Mordecai.

    "Will this do?" he says, gesturing to a fairly wide open area. He releases Thales next to him.

    "You may have the first move."

    The shopkeeper mentions some odd jobs he wants done that you can come back for whenever you have free time.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •