Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Cr-criminals? Like, the ones who steal Pokemon?" Nikolas remembers the man who had attempted to steal his Pokemon and visibly shies away. Was there really that much crime in he city nowadays? Would he heave to take extra care to hide his Pokemon away from the would-be thieves? "S-Should I be worried? I've only been traveling for less than a week..."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Iudex.

    "Outlaws? I presume we're not the first group they've ambushed, then?"

    Shifting his weight, however, alerted him to the fact that he still had an unconscious Zorua in his arms, and a starly on his head that was pretty beat up. He returned Paka, before nodding to Iudex. "Well, thank you again - but I need to get back to Port Tidings - I don't want my pokemon's wounds to linger and become more serious."

    He actually wanted to talk more - he'd never really thought about a pokemon that could respond to you with words he was familiar with. And more focally, however, it was nice to have someone to talk to - especially someone who was willing to aid someone in need.

    ...but he really had to get back, and given his role as a trainer really couldn't think of a polite way to ask - he actually wasn't sure how Iudex felt about the whole process. He made sure his pokemon were pretty happy, but he always assumed other pokemon did not agree.

    Also, he apparently had forgotten that Iudex could read his mind, but his mind had up to this point generally the one place he allowed himself to get flustered.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Piri Piri charged the owl, flames swirling inside his mouth. He lunges at the bird, attempting to hit it with a searing bite.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Fang sucker! (1d20)[15] AC 3 fire physical (1d12+12)[14] Flinch or burn on 18-19. Both on 20. [roll2] 1 is burn, two is flinch. Crit roll [roll3]
    The bird hops out of the way of Piri Piri's jaws and then resumes its constant pecking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Peck!
    AC 2 (1d20)[15]
    Damage (1d12+12)[14]
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Carn flies forward, swiping falsely at three copies as he goes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    False Swipe!
    A2: 2
    [roll0] 17-20 Crit
    Damage: [roll1]
    Tech: [roll2]
    Crit: [roll3]
    Tech Crit: [roll4]
    A4: 4
    [roll5] 17-20 Crit
    Damage: [roll6]
    Tech: [roll7]
    Crit: [roll8]
    Tech Crit: [roll9]
    A3: 6
    [roll10] 17-20 Crit
    Damage: [roll11]
    Tech: [roll12]
    Crit: [roll13]
    Tech Crit: [roll14]
    Carn's swipe cuts a swath through the quartet of Absol images, the first of which turns out to be the real one! Carn's blades travel through the other two as they fade away. The Absol looks like it is able to withstand Carn's initial attack, but the pain of losing the three copies pushes it over the threshold of unconsciousness. The Absol slumps to the ground with a grunt.

    The Audino quickly runs in and tends to the Absol and is able to revive it with a little coaxing. Once awake again, the Absol bows its head to Carn as a sign of respect. Carn then turns toward you and gives you a nod.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The bird hops out of the way of Piri Piri's jaws and then resumes its constant pecking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Peck!
    AC 2 (1d20)[4]
    Damage (1d6+16)[22]
    Angry that it missed, Piri Piri slams one of his fists into the HootHoot's head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    RAGE! (1d20)[4] AC 2 Physical. (1d6+16)[22]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "Cr-criminals? Like, the ones who steal Pokemon?" Nikolas remembers the man who had attempted to steal his Pokemon and visibly shies away. Was there really that much crime in he city nowadays? Would he heave to take extra care to hide his Pokemon away from the would-be thieves? "S-Should I be worried? I've only been traveling for less than a week..."
    Quinn nods her head grimly, "Ostra punks. They never stop causing trouble, no matter how many of them get caught. It's ridiculous." She reassures you, "You'll be alright, Nikolas. You look like you can handle yourself against any of their clueless thugs, and I can't imagine they'd send anyone experienced after you, so you should be alright," she says with a smile.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Carn's swipe cuts a swath through the quartet of Absol images, the first of which turns out to be the real one! Carn's blades travel through the other two as they fade away. The Absol looks like it is able to withstand Carn's initial attack, but the pain of losing the three copies pushes it over the threshold of unconsciousness. The Absol slumps to the ground with a grunt.

    The Audino quickly runs in and tends to the Absol and is able to revive it with a little coaxing. Once awake again, the Absol bows its head to Carn as a sign of respect. Carn then turns toward you and gives you a nod.
    Pitch steps out of the woods, a huge grin on his face. He holds a Potion in his hand; one that he quickly applies to Carn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]2d12+10/roll]


    "Sorry big guy. It made you fight harder though, didn't it?" Pitch says, knowing it had. His Scyther didn't normally hit that hard, he knew that much.

    "Absol," Pitch says to the white Pokemon. "Carn beat you. What exactly does that entail?" he says, looking at the Audino. It was definitely interesting. A healer like that.... Well, it could be very useful.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  8. - Top - End - #1178
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Iudex.

    "Outlaws? I presume we're not the first group they've ambushed, then?"

    Shifting his weight, however, alerted him to the fact that he still had an unconscious Zorua in his arms, and a starly on his head that was pretty beat up. He returned Paka, before nodding to Iudex. "Well, thank you again - but I need to get back to Port Tidings - I don't want my pokemon's wounds to linger and become more serious."

    He actually wanted to talk more - he'd never really thought about a pokemon that could respond to you with words he was familiar with. And more focally, however, it was nice to have someone to talk to - especially someone who was willing to aid someone in need.

    ...but he really had to get back, and given his role as a trainer really couldn't think of a polite way to ask - he actually wasn't sure how Iudex felt about the whole process. He made sure his pokemon were pretty happy, but he always assumed other pokemon did not agree.

    Also, he apparently had forgotten that Iudex could read his mind, but his mind had up to this point generally the one place he allowed himself to get flustered.
    Iudex shakes his head. "I am afraid not. These ghosts have been wreaking havoc around the area for weeks now, and they have always been able to vanish before I could suppress their threat. Finally, travelers will be safe from this menace."

    Iudex motions back toward Port Tidings when you mention wanting to heal your Pokemon. "Please, do not let me keep you from getting your team healed. Would you mind if I accompanied you back to Port Tidings?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #1179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Angry that it missed, Piri Piri slams one of his fists into the HootHoot's head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    RAGE! [roll0] AC 2 Physical. [roll1]
    Piri Piri's angry punch blasts the HootHoot hard enough for its eyes to roll back in its head and fall over, unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Piri Piri and Sicarius each gain (3*13*10) / 2 = 195 EXP


    Afterward, Sicarius throws a snowball at the unconscious Hoothoot and walks into the tent for some sleep. "Your watch, Chief."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #1180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch steps out of the woods, a huge grin on his face. He holds a Potion in his hand; one that he quickly applies to Carn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]2d12+10/roll]


    "Sorry big guy. It made you fight harder though, didn't it?" Pitch says, knowing it had. His Scyther didn't normally hit that hard, he knew that much.

    "Absol," Pitch says to the white Pokemon. "Carn beat you. What exactly does that entail?" he says, looking at the Audino. It was definitely interesting. A healer like that.... Well, it could be very useful.
    Upon seeing you, the Absol crouches down into a combat-ready stance. Carn holds up a blade to indicate you are a friend. The Absol launches into an angry sounding tirade, which Carn answers in his tongue.

    The Absol answers your question with only a dismissive sneer and directs a curt answer at Carn. Carn explains, "This one has a particular...distaste for humans. He wants it to be clear that he does not answer to you, but to me because I was the one to best him. He will escort and protect me--and, by extension, you and the others--to the edge of the city but no further."

    All the while, the Audino tries her hardest to blend into the ground and avoid any interaction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, EXP! Carn gains 1200 (25*40*1.2).
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-18 at 09:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Upon seeing you, the Absol crouches down into a combat-ready stance. Carn holds up a blade to indicate you are a friend. The Absol launches into an angry sounding tirade, which Carn answers in his tongue.

    The Absol answers your question with only a dismissive sneer and directs a curt answer at Carn. Carn explains, "This one has a particular...distaste for humans. He wants it to be clear that he does not answer to you, but to me because I was the one to best him. He will escort and protect me--and, by extension, you and the others--to the edge of the city but no further."

    All the while, the Audino tries her hardest to blend into the ground and avoid any interaction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, EXP! Carn gains 1200 (25*40*1.2).
    Pitch nods at the majestic beast, a little disappointed that it didn't like his kind, although not altogether surprised.

    "I'll have to see if I can't change your min. I'm not exactly like other humans," Pitch says to the beast, locking eyes with it for a moment.

    "Who's your friend there?" he says, waving towards the Audino. "Kin? Friend? Lover?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-18 at 09:58 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "That's definitely good to hear." Mordecai shook his head. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are pokemon who start like that too." His mind went to the Team Ostra member he'd run into with a sigh. Had he not been lucky, he'd have been robbed or potentially killed.

    And there were a lot of people out there who were in worse shape for dealing with criminals like that. He had to get stronger!

    Iudex's question, however, caused him to perk up. "That would be great! Ha, I really wanted to talk to you a bit longer, but wasn't sure how to ask without seeming like a jerk."

    He turned away. "But we do need to get moving." And he began heading back, relatively quickly.

    "How... how long have you been out here? I can't be the first trainer you've run into."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Piri Piri's angry punch blasts the HootHoot hard enough for its eyes to roll back in its head and fall over, unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You won the battle!
    Piri Piri and Sicarius each gain (3*13*10) / 2 = 195 EXP


    Afterward, Sicarius throws a snowball at the unconscious Hoothoot and walks into the tent for some sleep. "Your watch, Chief."
    Francis and Nightlock stayed up for the rest of the night. When he wasn't sitting with Leo, Nightlock spent his time playing in the snow that Sicarius had created during the fight.

    Though he'd only met Nightlock four days ago, it felt like forever. So much had happened. In the space of four days he'd gone from only learning about pokemon to capturing five, and meeting more than 50. Sometimes it just felt like a dream.

    Definitely a good dream though, not a nightmare. The nightmares that had started were bad, but the worst part had to be when Nightlock had almost died at the hands of the Golett. These thoughts consumed Leo for the rest of the night as he kept watch.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  14. - Top - End - #1184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods at the majestic beast, a little disappointed that it didn't like his kind, although not altogether surprised.

    "I'll have to see if I can't change your min. I'm not exactly like other humans," Pitch says to the beast, locking eyes with it for a moment.

    "Who's your friend there?" he says, waving towards the Audino. "Kin? Friend? Lover?"
    The Absol regards you with marked disdain as you speak. Following your question, Carn and the Absol launch into a short discussion about the topic. Afterward, Carn explains, Friend. She found him on the verge of death one day and nursed him back to health. Ever since, he has hunted to feed her while she takes care of his injuries."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Absol regards you with marked disdain as you speak. Following your question, Carn and the Absol launch into a short discussion about the topic. Afterward, Carn explains, Friend. She found him on the verge of death one day and nursed him back to health. Ever since, he has hunted to feed her while she takes care of his injuries."
    Pitch nods at the Absol.

    "Don't worry about food while you travel with us. We killed a Charizard yesterday; we have more than enough food for you," Pitch says, calling the rest of his menagerie out of the bushes.

    "What makes you hate our kind?" he can't help but ask the Absol. He wanted to know; he wanted this Pokemon badly. He'd need to find a way to get it to like him. Somehow. And the Audino would be useful too; he didn't see a way to get one to willingly join without the other.

    Thales eyes the Absol warily, hands drifting to his twin blades.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-18 at 10:59 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Flashes of the thug he had turned over to the Ranger turn over in his mind. "Y-yeah...I guess so." The situation had been dire but thankfully Orobas had managed to pull through in spite of the danger and proved once and for all both his loyalty and power. Nikolas returns the smile before finding a place to sit down, eager to experiment with his Tool Kit in preparation for his visit to Serenity Corp.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  17. - Top - End - #1187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "That's definitely good to hear." Mordecai shook his head. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are pokemon who start like that too." His mind went to the Team Ostra member he'd run into with a sigh. Had he not been lucky, he'd have been robbed or potentially killed.

    And there were a lot of people out there who were in worse shape for dealing with criminals like that. He had to get stronger!

    Iudex's question, however, caused him to perk up. "That would be great! Ha, I really wanted to talk to you a bit longer, but wasn't sure how to ask without seeming like a jerk."

    He turned away. "But we do need to get moving." And he began heading back, relatively quickly.

    "How... how long have you been out here? I can't be the first trainer you've run into."
    Iudex follows along and replies, "No, no, far from the first. To be honest, I lost count of how long I have been wandering, but suffice it to say it has been a while.

    My home is a distant memory now. But I suppose that is always the case eventually,
    " he says sagely.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-19 at 09:49 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #1188
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Francis and Nightlock stayed up for the rest of the night. When he wasn't sitting with Leo, Nightlock spent his time playing in the snow that Sicarius had created during the fight.

    Though he'd only met Nightlock four days ago, it felt like forever. So much had happened. In the space of four days he'd gone from only learning about pokemon to capturing five, and meeting more than 50. Sometimes it just felt like a dream.

    Definitely a good dream though, not a nightmare. The nightmares that had started were bad, but the worst part had to be when Nightlock had almost died at the hands of the Golett. These thoughts consumed Leo for the rest of the night as he kept watch.
    Eventually, your thoughts are interrupted by the first signs of morning light creeping up over the horizon. Soon enough, the morning sun is fully in the sky and it is another beautiful day.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  19. - Top - End - #1189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods at the Absol.

    "Don't worry about food while you travel with us. We killed a Charizard yesterday; we have more than enough food for you," Pitch says, calling the rest of his menagerie out of the bushes.

    "What makes you hate our kind?" he can't help but ask the Absol. He wanted to know; he wanted this Pokemon badly. He'd need to find a way to get it to like him. Somehow. And the Audino would be useful too; he didn't see a way to get one to willingly join without the other.

    Thales eyes the Absol warily, hands drifting to his twin blades.
    The Absol's eyes widen when you mention having killed a Charizard, indicating some level of slight respect. After another flinch upon seeing the rest of your team, it entertains your question with an answer. Carn grins and says, "Rather philosophical, this answer. He hates your kind because your kind is the ultimate parasite. You take and take from nature without giving anything back, and as a result, leave only a wake of misery behind you in pursuit of your meaningless goals and mindless experiments. He also thinks you smell bad," Carn adds.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #1190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Flashes of the thug he had turned over to the Ranger turn over in his mind. "Y-yeah...I guess so." The situation had been dire but thankfully Orobas had managed to pull through in spite of the danger and proved once and for all both his loyalty and power. Nikolas returns the smile before finding a place to sit down, eager to experiment with his Tool Kit in preparation for his visit to Serenity Corp.
    Quinn leaves you to your experimentation, opting to practice using her styler on some nearby trees.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-19 at 10:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Iudex follows along and replies, "No, no, far from the first. To be honest, I lost count of how long I have been wandering, but suffice it to say it has been a while.

    My home is a distant memory now. But I suppose that is always the case eventually,
    " he says sagely.
    Mordecai nodded. "I can imagine that."

    And there was Port Tidings. He was still a bit away, but could see the gates... in which Mordecai paused, looking down at the Zorua for a moment.

    "How... how does it feel, to be caught by a trainer?"

    He glanced at Iudex. "When Zorua wakes up, I was going to ask her if she'd be okay with it. But I can just directly ask you. I know Kamoho hates pokeballs, but the rest of my pokemon seem relatively okay with them. And well..."

    He shook his head. "I guess I've always had the nagging feeling that it's something pokemon would rather avoid than not. What do you think?"

    And he smirked. "Sorry, I know that's a bit out of the blue. It's one of those questions I always wanted to ask a pokemon, but never really knew how."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Eventually, your thoughts are interrupted by the first signs of morning light creeping up over the horizon. Soon enough, the morning sun is fully in the sky and it is another beautiful day.
    Towards the end of his watch Leo whips up breakfast for him and his team. He had finally learned to expand his cooking abilities. Though he would always love cooking spicy food the most, h'ed learned how to cook foods to satisfy the parts of his team that weren't as crazy about the spicy foods as he was.

    Nightlock accompanied Leo on the road today, and the both hurried, wanting to reach the League batting conference that they should run into at some point today.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking (1d4+5)[8]
    Not sure if I'll need these, but I'll go big today. (1d100+10)[63] (1d10)[10]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Absol's eyes widen when you mention having killed a Charizard, indicating some level of slight respect. After another flinch upon seeing the rest of your team, it entertains your question with an answer. Carn grins and says, "Rather philosophical, this answer. He hates your kind because your kind is the ultimate parasite. You take and take from nature without giving anything back, and as a result, leave only a wake of misery behind you in pursuit of your meaningless goals and mindless experiments. He also thinks you smell bad," Carn adds.
    Pitch nods. He couldn't exactly refute that point at the moment, could he?

    "You are incredibly intelligent for a Pokemon," Pitch says, looking at the Absol. "And you are right; all our race does is take. Take liberty. Take your liberty. Take our own liberty. We leave barren wastelands where cities once stood," Pitch says, an evil grin slowly spreading across his face.

    "But do you want to know a secret? I hate my kind as well. They ostracized me. Labeled me a freak for what I did to a few little Pokemon. Kept me from becoming a Trainer until I finally faked my way through the test. Sent me to prison when I was 14. They took any chance of a real life away from me. And now, just a few days ago, a man assaults me, trying to take away my new family," Pitch says, gesturing to Thales.

    "And then, the cops start to suspect I was the one in the wrong! ME!" Pitch says, yelling angrily.

    ""So I had to run, unable to pay back the bastard that tried to take what was mine. Run like some kind of baser animal. But I will hunt them down. I will kill them. This knife?" Pitch says, flicking it out, "Will be red with their blood. Just stick with me for a bit; if you can put up with my smell, I can promise you more humans than you know what to do with," Pitch says, an actual smile on his face. "We will get stronger, and stronger until we are unbeatable. Then we will strike. And whoever that bastard was will regret ever hearing my name."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  24. - Top - End - #1194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai nodded. "I can imagine that."

    And there was Port Tidings. He was still a bit away, but could see the gates... in which Mordecai paused, looking down at the Zorua for a moment.

    "How... how does it feel, to be caught by a trainer?"

    He glanced at Iudex. "When Zorua wakes up, I was going to ask her if she'd be okay with it. But I can just directly ask you. I know Kamoho hates pokeballs, but the rest of my pokemon seem relatively okay with them. And well..."

    He shook his head. "I guess I've always had the nagging feeling that it's something pokemon would rather avoid than not. What do you think?"

    And he smirked. "Sorry, I know that's a bit out of the blue. It's one of those questions I always wanted to ask a pokemon, but never really knew how."
    Iudex merely shrugs. "I would not know; I have never been caught. From what others have told me, it feels...strange for a moment but then it is no less comfortable than sitting. I suppose it is a feeling that can only be understood through experience.

    We are approaching the town..." If you would like to continue this conversation, we should have it in our minds.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #1195
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Towards the end of his watch Leo whips up breakfast for him and his team. He had finally learned to expand his cooking abilities. Though he would always love cooking spicy food the most, h'ed learned how to cook foods to satisfy the parts of his team that weren't as crazy about the spicy foods as he was.

    Nightlock accompanied Leo on the road today, and the both hurried, wanting to reach the League batting conference that they should run into at some point today.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Home cooking [roll0]
    Not sure if I'll need these, but I'll go big today. [roll1] [roll2]
    You make plenty of food, enough for a larger group than yours. Perhaps you will have an opportunity to share it later?

    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't need the rolls, but nice natural 10 there.


    Quite soon after you set off, a large mansion-looking structure comes into view on the horizon. Suddenly, another trainer bumps into you and keeps running, his Jolteon keeping pace. "Last one there's a rotten egg!" he shouts as he keeps running toward the estate.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #1196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods. He couldn't exactly refute that point at the moment, could he?

    "You are incredibly intelligent for a Pokemon," Pitch says, looking at the Absol. "And you are right; all our race does is take. Take liberty. Take your liberty. Take our own liberty. We leave barren wastelands where cities once stood," Pitch says, an evil grin slowly spreading across his face.

    "But do you want to know a secret? I hate my kind as well. They ostracized me. Labeled me a freak for what I did to a few little Pokemon. Kept me from becoming a Trainer until I finally faked my way through the test. Sent me to prison when I was 14. They took any chance of a real life away from me. And now, just a few days ago, a man assaults me, trying to take away my new family," Pitch says, gesturing to Thales.

    "And then, the cops start to suspect I was the one in the wrong! ME!" Pitch says, yelling angrily.

    ""So I had to run, unable to pay back the bastard that tried to take what was mine. Run like some kind of baser animal. But I will hunt them down. I will kill them. This knife?" Pitch says, flicking it out, "Will be red with their blood. Just stick with me for a bit; if you can put up with my smell, I can promise you more humans than you know what to do with," Pitch says, an actual smile on his face. "We will get stronger, and stronger until we are unbeatable. Then we will strike. And whoever that bastard was will regret ever hearing my name."
    The Absol listens intently once you mention that you hate your kind, too. It takes a few more steps before answering in a deliberate tone, which Carn translates directly as "Very well, human. I will revel in the destruction of your kind with you. But not yet. Only when you can best me in battle will I travel beyond this forest by your side."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    <Like... this?>

    Speaking mentally felt a little strange. <That's really convienient, actually - I hadn't thought of this.>

    And it was back to walking. Mordecai was silent for a time, thinking - but step one was ensuring that the Zorua was conscious, lest her wounds become more lasting. Increasing his pace, he hurried to the pokemon centre.

    <Ex...> He paused. "Excuse me! Can you heal my pokemon, please?" He asked, presuming there was a Nurse on duty... when he paused. "Are - " He began, before stopping and repeating it mentally.

    <Are you hurt?> It abruptly occured to Mordecai that he hadn't asked his benefactor. He was a little surprised, though -it was actually really easy to swap between talking mentally and physically once he put his mind to it.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Absol listens intently once you mention that you hate your kind, too. It takes a few more steps before answering in a deliberate tone, which Carn translates directly as "Very well, human. I will revel in the destruction of your kind with you. But not yet. Only when you can best me in battle will I travel beyond this forest by your side."
    Pitch nods.

    "More than fair," he says, flicking his knife away. "Do the two of you have names, or should I come up with something to call you?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show



  29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You make plenty of food, enough for a larger group than yours. Perhaps you will have an opportunity to share it later?

    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't need the rolls, but nice natural 10 there.


    Quite soon after you set off, a large mansion-looking structure comes into view on the horizon. Suddenly, another trainer bumps into you and keeps running, his Jolteon keeping pace. "Last one there's a rotten egg!" he shouts as he keeps running toward the estate.
    Leo ignored the young trainers invitation, but did speed up his pace. He had been looking forward to this. It was a chance to see first rate battlers in action. He also might be able to buy supplies while there.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

    Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

    Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

    World at War (PTA) as Francis May

    GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

  30. - Top - End - #1200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    <Like... this?>

    Speaking mentally felt a little strange. <That's really convienient, actually - I hadn't thought of this.>

    And it was back to walking. Mordecai was silent for a time, thinking - but step one was ensuring that the Zorua was conscious, lest her wounds become more lasting. Increasing his pace, he hurried to the pokemon centre.

    <Ex...> He paused. "Excuse me! Can you heal my pokemon, please?" He asked, presuming there was a Nurse on duty... when he paused. "Are - " He began, before stopping and repeating it mentally.

    <Are you hurt?> It abruptly occured to Mordecai that he hadn't asked his benefactor. He was a little surprised, though -it was actually really easy to swap between talking mentally and physically once he put his mind to it.
    I am not, but thank you for asking. Iudex plays the part of a Pokemon traveling alongside its trainer.

    "We'll get your Pokemon patched up right away, Sir," the nurse says, taking your Pokemon back to get healed.

    Where do you intend to go once you leave this town, Officer Aumakua?
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •