New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods.

"More than fair," he says, flicking his knife away. "Do the two of you have names, or should I come up with something to call you?"
    The Absol shakes its head. Carn explains, "They would have, at one point. But no longer. He probably wouldn't care to go into it."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Absol shakes its head. Carn explains, "They would have, at one point. But no longer. He probably wouldn't care to go into it."
    Pitch nods, accepting the Absol's request. Perhaps there was more to the reason the beast hated humans that it had early let on.

"I'll just call you by your species names until such a time as you see fit to reveal your real names," Pitch says.

"Lead the way. The sooner we get to Elrem, the sooner we can have that fight," Pitch says, looking at the Absol.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #1203

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo ignored the young trainers invitation, but did speed up his pace. He had been looking forward to this. It was a chance to see first rate battlers in action. He also might be able to buy supplies while there.
    There's a steady stream of trainers walking into the estate once you reach the cobblestone path leading up the front door.

At the door, an elderly butler greets you and directs you up the ornate staircase just inside the mansion. You walk up the circular staircase and then find yourself in an extravagant living area, along with a few dozen other trainers spread around the room. Some more continue to filter in behind you.

The kid from before nudges you. "Pretty awesome, huh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    A handful of Pokemon are out accompanying their trainers, but most have been returned to save room. Pokemon you can scan: the Jolteon from before, Porygon Z, Kirlia, and Bonsly.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-20 at 10:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204

Pitch nods, accepting the Absol's request. Perhaps there was more to the reason the beast hated humans that it had early let on.

"I'll just call you by your species names until such a time as you see fit to reveal your real names," Pitch says.

"Lead the way. The sooner we get to Elrem, the sooner we can have that fight," Pitch says, looking at the Absol.
    Your team travels through the forest even more fervently avoided by the natural wildlife than before. Half of them run away before you can even see them. Soon enough, your Pokedex lets you know that it has become nighttime.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a steady stream of trainers walking into the estate once you reach the cobblestone path leading up the front door.

At the door, an elderly butler greets you and directs you up the ornate staircase just inside the mansion. You walk up the circular staircase and then find yourself in an extravagant living area, along with a few dozen other trainers spread around the room. Some more continue to filter in behind you.

The kid from before nudges you. "Pretty awesome, huh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    A handful of Pokemon are out accompanying their trainers, but most have been returned to save room. Pokemon you can scan: the Jolteon from before, Porygon Z, Kirlia, and Bonsly.
    As he stands in the magnificent mansion, Leo wishes he had eight more pairs of eyes to take in the sight. The sheer amount of wealth that the room contained astounds him. He turns to Nightlock who stands beside him; Nightlocks mouth hung open in shock.

Leo starts a little when nudged by the boy, It's incredible. How do people make this much money?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Your team travels through the forest even more fervently avoided by the natural wildlife than before. Half of them run away before you can even see them. Soon enough, your Pokedex lets you know that it has become nighttime.
    Pitch goes through the motions of setting up a camp, same as he has always done. Tent up, food for the herbivores, and allowing his team to relax for a bit while he sets up. When he has a small stack of sticks, he calls Lighter over.

"Gimme a light?" Pitchs says, looking at the Charmander expectantly.

Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Idealist

Spoiler
    Show
    I am not, but thank you for asking. Iudex plays the part of a Pokemon traveling alongside its trainer.

"We'll get your Pokemon patched up right away, Sir," the nurse says, taking your Pokemon back to get healed.

Where do you intend to go once you leave this town, Officer Aumakua?
    <Orum.>

Then, after a moment. <...for two reasons. One is that Leia's - the gym leader - her cubchoo was killed in the line of duty. She asked me to bring it to rest.>

But then he looked up. <But - one thing I learned from the academy was that I need to become strong enough to stand up for what I believe in. Whether it's hostile pokemon on the road or a Team Ostra attack, there's always going to be people who need help - and if I'm not strong enough, I won't be able to do anything about it. Someday, I'll be able to go through any route without fear.>

In which he smiled, turning away from the counter and leaning on it, as he waited for his pokemon to be returned. <Haha, that was a lot more than you asked for, wasn't it? Sorry, I talk too much. I'm going to Orum. Tommorrow morning, in fact.>

<How about you? What're your plans for the future?>
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #1208

As he stands in the magnificent mansion, Leo wishes he had eight more pairs of eyes to take in the sight. The sheer amount of wealth that the room contained astounds him. He turns to Nightlock who stands beside him; Nightlocks mouth hung open in shock.

Leo starts a little when nudged by the boy, It's incredible. How do people make this much money?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, we're both speaking in orange! Looks like you and Pete are kindred spirits.

The boy shrugs. "Probably invented the wheel or something. Name's Pete," he says, extending a hand to you.

9. - Top - End - #1209

Pitch goes through the motions of setting up a camp, same as he has always done. Tent up, food for the herbivores, and allowing his team to relax for a bit while he sets up. When he has a small stack of sticks, he calls Lighter over.

"Gimme a light?" Pitchs says, looking at the Charmander expectantly.
    True to his name, Lighter whips his flame-lit tail around just a bit closer to you than is necessary to start the fire. "Char."

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

True to his name, Lighter whips his flame-lit tail around just a bit closer to you than is necessary to start the fire. "Char."
    "Good job," Pitch says, ignoring the fact the singed hairs on his arm. "You're Lighter until such a time that you've earned a better name, understand?"

Throwing a piece of a steak on the fire for himself, Pitch starts to divy out the meat. He isn't sure what the Audino wants, so he brings a little of both.

"Would you mind patching up our team after you eat?" he asks, looking at it. "A few of us have some cuts and bruises."

Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, we're both speaking in orange! Looks like you and Pete are kindred spirits.

The boy shrugs. "Probably invented the wheel or something. Name's Pete," he says, extending a hand to you.
    Leo. did you come from Wrystone too?

Nightlock edged closer to Leo, obviously not comfortable in this new, strange environment.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-21 at 04:31 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212

Default Re: The Idealist

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    <Orum.>

Then, after a moment. <...for two reasons. One is that Leia's - the gym leader - her cubchoo was killed in the line of duty. She asked me to bring it to rest.>

But then he looked up. <But - one thing I learned from the academy was that I need to become strong enough to stand up for what I believe in. Whether it's hostile pokemon on the road or a Team Ostra attack, there's always going to be people who need help - and if I'm not strong enough, I won't be able to do anything about it. Someday, I'll be able to go through any route without fear.>

In which he smiled, turning away from the counter and leaning on it, as he waited for his pokemon to be returned. <Haha, that was a lot more than you asked for, wasn't it? Sorry, I talk too much. I'm going to Orum. Tommorrow morning, in fact.>

<How about you? What're your plans for the future?>
    Ah, yes. The poor Cubchoo was on the minds of many trainers as they departed Port Tidings. Most unfortunate.

A noble goal, Officer Aumakua. I believe that is what all good souls seek; the strength to protect ourselves and those who depend on us.

As for my plans...I have wandered the wilderness for a long time, doing what good I could. But it seems there are some wrongs I cannot right alone. Pending your agreement, I would like to travel with you to Orum and onward beyond that.

13. - Top - End - #1213

"Good job," Pitch says, ignoring the fact the singed hairs on his arm. "You're Lighter until such a time that you've earned a better name, understand?"

Throwing a piece of a steak on the fire for himself, Pitch starts to divy out the meat. He isn't sure what the Audino wants, so he brings a little of both.

"Would you mind patching up our team after you eat?" he asks, looking at it. "A few of us have some cuts and bruises."
    The Audino displays a classic deer-in-headlights look while you speak to it and glances nervously over to the Absol, which nods. "Dino!" the healer replies to you with an awkwardly forced positive attitude. It nibbles on some of the fruits and veggies then goes around camp restoring your team to full health.

After the Audino heals Carn, he drifts up to you and says, "Useful, that one."

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

The Audino displays a classic deer-in-headlights look while you speak to it and glances nervously over to the Absol, which nods. "Dino!" the healer replies to you with an awkwardly forced positive attitude. It nibbles on some of the fruits and veggies then goes around camp restoring your team to full health.

After the Audino heals Carn, he drifts up to you and says, "Useful, that one."
    "That it is. We'll need those two. I'll see if I can't find something in Elrem to give me an edge over the Absol; he'll be a tough one. How are you doing?" Pitch says, looking to where he had... encouraged the Scyther.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1215

Leo. did you come from Wrystone too?

Nightlock edged closer to Leo, obviously not comfortable in this new, strange environment.
    Pete shakes his head. "Xylo. I was traveling through the forest and overshot this place by a bit so I had to turn around." After the last few trainers drift in, a large bell somewhere tolls ten times and the ornate front doors close. "Oh boy, this should be good."

16. - Top - End - #1216

"That it is. We'll need those two. I'll see if I can't find something in Elrem to give me an edge over the Absol; he'll be a tough one. How are you doing?" Pitch says, looking to where he had... encouraged the Scyther.
    "I would advise plenty of preparation. It will certainly not hold anything back while fighting you." Carn looks down at the same spot. "It stings a bit, but the pain has subsided. You were right, it did add a certain force behind my blows."

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

"I would advise plenty of preparation. It will certainly not hold anything back while fighting you." Carn looks down at the same spot. "It stings a bit, but the pain has subsided. You were right, it did add a certain force behind my blows."
    Pitch nods, glad that his Scyther wasn't overly angry. The murderous glare in Carn's eyes still worried him though.

"Enough that it would be beneficial in a fight? For the rest of the team?" Pitch asks, curious. If it did help his team in a fight, they'd need to become accustomed to the pain. If it let them fight harder, they might have to use it to succeed in a future fight. He'd need to ask the rest of them but the final decision would have to come down to him.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1218

Pitch nods, glad that his Scyther wasn't overly angry. The murderous glare in Carn's eyes still worried him though.

"Enough that it would be beneficial in a fight? For the rest of the team?" Pitch asks, curious. If it did help his team in a fight, they'd need to become accustomed to the pain. If it let them fight harder, they might have to use it to succeed in a future fight. He'd need to ask the rest of them but the final decision would have to come down to him.
    Carn looks around at the others before answering slowly, "It would depend on the situation. They would fight harder but not be able to withstand as much retaliation. The only guarantee is that it will make for a quick battle, one way or the other.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Carn looks around at the others before answering slowly, "It would depend on the situation. They would fight harder but not be able to withstand as much retaliation. The only guarantee is that it will make for a quick battle, one way or the other.
    Pitch nods, understanding.

"We'll have to experiment with it a bit, see if we can't figure out a way to lessen the painful drawbacks," Pitch says, musing.

Pitch calls Thales, Keb, and Outlet over.

"When we reach Elrem, I won't be able to use the three of you as much, understand? I don't know how dedicated the pursuit of me will be, but there will be one. I've been seen using the three of you on multiple occasions. I'll still train you, but I can't use you in trainer battles. You either Carn; if Ginny says anything about you, then you'll be known as on of my team members as well," he says reluctantly. "We'll have to train up the others, get them to a place where they can compete. Then I'll use you against the Gym and skip town. Do we have a plan?" Pitch asks, looking to his core team for an answer.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, yes. The poor Cubchoo was on the minds of many trainers as they departed Port Tidings. Most unfortunate.

A noble goal, Officer Aumakua. I believe that is what all good souls seek; the strength to protect ourselves and those who depend on us.

As for my plans...I have wandered the wilderness for a long time, doing what good I could. But it seems there are some wrongs I cannot right alone.
    Pending your agreement, I would like to travel with you to Orum and onward beyond that.
    Mordecai was quite pleased by the request. <Absolutely! I would love to have you on our team.>

He paused, for a moment. <I... I may be asking you to translate things for me quite a bit, if that's alright with you.>

<...wow, it's kind of interesting to be able to ask this as a question. Did you want to be, uh, linked to my styler as a companion, or caught in a pokeball?>
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-22 at 02:47 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Pete shakes his head. "Xylo. I was traveling through the forest and overshot this place by a bit so I had to turn around." After the last few trainers drift in, a large bell somewhere tolls ten times and the ornate front doors close. "Oh boy, this should be good."
    Does this happen annually, or is it just a one time thing?

At this point Nightlock felt completely overwhelmed and hugged Leo's leg. Leo returned Nightlock and stashed the ball in his bag.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1222

Pitch nods, understanding.

"We'll have to experiment with it a bit, see if we can't figure out a way to lessen the painful drawbacks," Pitch says, musing.

Pitch calls Thales, Keb, and Outlet over.

"When we reach Elrem, I won't be able to use the three of you as much, understand? I don't know how dedicated the pursuit of me will be, but there will be one. I've been seen using the three of you on multiple occasions. I'll still train you, but I can't use you in trainer battles. You either Carn; if Ginny says anything about you, then you'll be known as on of my team members as well," he says reluctantly. "We'll have to train up the others, get them to a place where they can compete. Then I'll use you against the Gym and skip town. Do we have a plan?" Pitch asks, looking to his core team for an answer.
    Your Dewott, Drilbur, and Shinx each nod agreeably. Carn silently nods as well. It's going to be tricky, conquering while fleeing; hunting while being hunted; acting as both predator and prey, but they are willing to stay the course with each other and with you.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Mordecai was quite pleased by the request. <Absolutely! I would love to have you on our team.>

He paused, for a moment. <I... I may be asking you to translate things for me quite a bit, if that's alright with you.>

<...wow, it's kind of interesting to be able to ask this as a question. Did you want to be, uh, linked to my styler as a companion, or caught in a pokeball?>
    The Elgyem's eyes glow brightly in what you presume is the equivalent of a pleased smile. Excellent. I have no qualms translating for you, either.

No need to link me to your styler, I am willing to let you 'capture' me.

The nurse returns your Pokemon with a confused look on her face. "Sir? You look like you're concentrating quite hard on something, is everything alright? Anyway, here are your Pokemon, all healed up."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-22 at 03:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Does this happen annually, or is it just a one time thing?

At this point Nightlock felt completely overwhelmed and hugged Leo's leg. Leo returned Nightlock and stashed the ball in his bag.
    Pete shrugs, but a girl on the other side of you answers eagerly, "Annually! Sorry, I couldn't help but overhe--"

She is interrupted by a cascade of "Oooh"s and "Ahhh"s escaping the crowd of guests. On the far side of the room, a set of doors that had been closed are now open with a generous level of fog rolling out of them. You can make out the shadowy outline of a female figure walking through the fog toward you all.

When she finally outpaces the obstructive cover, a loud cheer erupts! You instantly recognize her as Jill Bales, inventor and overseer of the Pokemon storage system here in Wuhtu.

"Welcome one, welcome all! To the 23rd annual Tournament of Rising Stars!"

The girl beside you is losing her mind, while Pete is relatively confused. He apparently doesn't recognize Miss Bales. "So, uhh...who is that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for trivia reference, Jill Bales majorly overhauled previous storage systems (though, colloquially, she is considered to have "invented" Pokemon storage as Wuhtians know it) a quarter of a century ago. She was in her mid-twenties at the time, so now she is about 50, but she doesn't look a day older than 29 (which is also how old she'd claim to be) because she's just awesome like that.

This is a tournament of trainers with ~4 badges in that middle ground where they're either about to challenge their home gym or have just succeeded at that. There is, however, a twist this year because you're a PC and that's how plot works!

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Your Dewott, Drilbur, and Shinx each nod agreeably. Carn silently nods as well. It's going to be tricky, conquering while fleeing; hunting while being hunted; acting as both predator and prey, but they are willing to stay the course with each other and with you.
    Pitch nods to his team in silent thanks.

"Get some rest; I'll take first watch," Pitch says.

As his team turns in, Pitch sits by the fire, fiddling with his knife and watching the Absol intently.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1226

Pitch nods to his team in silent thanks.

"Get some rest; I'll take first watch," Pitch says.

As his team turns in, Pitch sits by the fire, fiddling with his knife and watching the Absol intently.
    Your team settle themselves in and around the tent to rest up for the night. The Absol and Audino are far enough to be separate from you, but close enough in case anything should happen.

You watch them have a relatively short discussion where the Absol reassures the Audino from what you can tell from their tones. The Audino curls up and goes to sleep while the Absol keeps watch as well. It doesn't look at you inordinately often, but when it does, you feel a deeply penetrating gaze from it.

As the night wears on, the Absol will occasionaly walk around a bit, but never too far from the Audino and never very much toward you. Suddenly, it seems agitated and starts looking around intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check! (No need for encounter rolls this night, this one's scripted.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-22 at 04:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elgyem's eyes glow brightly in what you presume is the equivalent of a pleased smile. Excellent. I have no qualms translating for you, either.

No need to link me to your styler, I am willing to let you 'capture' me.

The nurse returns your Pokemon with a confused look on her face. "Sir? You look like you're concentrating quite hard on something, is everything alright? Anyway, here are your Pokemon, all healed up."
    <Well thanks again, I - > "Oh, everything's fine! Thank you very much!" <- will wait until we're in our room, then.>

That... that was actually kind of fun - swapping back and forth between mental and verbal. Mordecai picked up his Zorua. "Thanks again! Do you have a room for the evening?"

~~

In his room, Mordecai glanced outside at the moon for a moment, before turning to the Zorua.

"Well, thanks for helping me out." He stated - she was a companion at the moment, after all. He took out a pokeball.

"So! It'd be a lot more safe if you were caught, however, rather than a companion - then I could return you to a pokeball in danger, among other things. Mind?"

And, looking up, he took out his final pokeball. Douche haunter.

"And here we go, Iudex. Huh, when I get to Orum I may have to look into some Ranger missions, as I could use some money."

Regardless of the Zorua's selection, out came Kamoho. "Sorry for returning you - I know you hate pokeballs, but I was trying to make it easier for - "

In which the totodile latched his jaws on Mordecai's arm again. Still, Mordecai noticed he was smiling. "So that means 'all is forgiven', then?"

"Dmpf!"

"Well, we've got an early morning tommorrow! We're gonna walk into the sunrise, so let's get some rest."

"Dmpf!"

In which they did some mild wrestling to get the totodile off his arm before sleeping.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Your team settle themselves in and around the tent to rest up for the night. The Absol and Audino are far enough to be separate from you, but close enough in case anything should happen.

You watch them have a relatively short discussion where the Absol reassures the Audino from what you can tell from their tones. The Audino curls up and goes to sleep while the Absol keeps watch as well. It doesn't look at you inordinately often, but when it does, you feel a deeply penetrating gaze from it.

As the night wears on, the Absol will occasionaly walk around a bit, but never too far from the Audino and never very much toward you. Suddenly, it seems agitated and starts looking around intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check! (No need for encounter rolls this night, this one's scripted.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[17]

Pitch quickly draws his knife, looking around for something that would attack. If the Absol saw something, he should probably be on edge. His hand drifts to the Tangela's Pokeball; maybe it could be useful.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

Pete shrugs, but a girl on the other side of you answers eagerly, "Annually! Sorry, I couldn't help but overhe--"

She is interrupted by a cascade of "Oooh"s and "Ahhh"s escaping the crowd of guests. On the far side of the room, a set of doors that had been closed are now open with a generous level of fog rolling out of them. You can make out the shadowy outline of a female figure walking through the fog toward you all.

When she finally outpaces the obstructive cover, a loud cheer erupts! You instantly recognize her as Jill Bales, inventor and overseer of the Pokemon storage system here in Wuhtu.

"Welcome one, welcome all! To the 23rd annual Tournament of Rising Stars!"

The girl beside you is losing her mind, while Pete is relatively confused. He apparently doesn't recognize Miss Bales. "So, uhh...who is that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for trivia reference, Jill Bales majorly overhauled previous storage systems (though, colloquially, she is considered to have "invented" Pokemon storage as Wuhtians know it) a quarter of a century ago. She was in her mid-twenties at the time, so now she is about 50, but she doesn't look a day older than 29 (which is also how old she'd claim to be) because she's just awesome like that.

This is a tournament of trainers with ~4 badges in that middle ground where they're either about to challenge their home gym or have just succeeded at that. There is, however, a twist this year because you're a PC and that's how plot works!
    Leo looks at Pete incredulously, That's Jill Bales. She invented the pokemon storage system twenty five years ago. She's a genius, a technological wizard. I have no idea why she's here, but I can't believe you don't know her.

23 years is a long time, is this thing famous?
    He thought it had to be. He'd read about it in passing. It seemed interesting, but a lot of people seemed to know the event well and were going crazy over it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230

Spoiler
    Show
    <Well thanks again, I - > "Oh, everything's fine! Thank you very much!" <- will wait until we're in our room, then.>

That... that was actually kind of fun - swapping back and forth between mental and verbal. Mordecai picked up his Zorua. "Thanks again! Do you have a room for the evening?"

~~

In his room, Mordecai glanced outside at the moon for a moment, before turning to the Zorua.

"Well, thanks for helping me out." He stated - she was a companion at the moment, after all. He took out a pokeball.

"So! It'd be a lot more safe if you were caught, however, rather than a companion - then I could return you to a pokeball in danger, among other things. Mind?"

And, looking up, he took out his final pokeball. Douche haunter.

"And here we go, Iudex. Huh, when I get to Orum I may have to look into some Ranger missions, as I could use some money."

Regardless of the Zorua's selection, out came Kamoho. "Sorry for returning you - I know you hate pokeballs, but I was trying to make it easier for - "

In which the totodile latched his jaws on Mordecai's arm again. Still, Mordecai noticed he was smiling. "So that means 'all is forgiven', then?"

"Dmpf!"

"Well, we've got an early morning tommorrow! We're gonna walk into the sunrise, so let's get some rest."

"Dmpf!"

In which they did some mild wrestling to get the totodile off his arm before sleeping.
    The nurse nods. "Right through there, Sir. A bed should be made."

~~~~~

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, can you do that to a Companion? Catch it, that is.

The Zorua purrs when you thank it for its help, but shakes its head when you mention capturing it in a Pokeball. It's content being your companion; it has no desire to be one of your Pokemon.

"Officer Aumakua," Iudex says with a nod as he allows himself to be captured. One flash of light later, he's gone and the Pokeball settles in your hand. In a matter of moments, it clicks shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    You caught an Elgyem! (Iudex)
    Male, Level 12
    Ability: Telepathy
    Nature: Poised
    HP 6
    ATK 6
    DEF 6
    SATK 9
    SDEF 6
    SPEED 3
    Intelligence SEVEN!!! and knows Disable as an egg move. And can talk of course.

When you go to sleep, the Zorua curls up at your feet and starts to quietly snore rather adorably.