New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Keb's attack sends the already-injured girl hurdling into a nearby tree, where she slumps down unconscious. The Sudowoodo is knocked out as well by the flying earth.

Seeing his last Pokemon eliminated and his partner out of commission, the male trainer hastily retreats back toward the Audino...

The two bug Pokemon are able to hold their ground, but a quick one-two combination of Absol's claws and Carn's blades put them both down as well.

"STOP!"

The male trainer has the whimpering Audino in his arms with a jagged blade to its throat. "One step closer by any of you, and she dies. No sudden moves!" His voice contains the unmistakable mixture of fear and desperation that lets you know that he is not at all bluffing.
    Pitch's first instinct is to calm the Absol, but first, he has plans to put into motion.

"Dilos. Circle around and Wrap his arms if possible, alright? Wait for my cue," he tries to whisper to his snake as he walks forward, knife held high in the air.

"Drop the Audino. We don't want this to get any nastier than it has to. What do you want?" he asks, trying to get as close to the Absol as possible.

"Don't attack him. We need to negotiate this carefully."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dilos has Stealth, so he shouldn't be able to hear him, although seeing is still possible.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-24 at 11:45 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Default In which Mordecai regrets pre-buffing!

Spoiler
    Show
    Namaka's form dissolves into a mysterious darkness, then he reappears as a facsimile of Pa'ao!

As Pa'ao approaches the two Elekids, they pause their sparring match to greet him.

Iudex translates the resulting conversation for you:

Elekid 1: Hi! Who are you?
    Pa'ao: I'm Pa'ao, that's my trainer over there.
    Elekid 2: Looks like a dork.
    Elekid 1: Be nice! Sorry about that, Pa'ao. My younger brother is a hothead.
    Pa'ao: It's alright. So my trainer was wondering if you two would like to spar.
    Elekid 2: Sure! A fight's always fun.

Elekid 1: How about us two against you and one of your friends, Pa'ao?
    Pa'ao: You're on! I'll go let me trainer know.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elekid 2: How?
    Pa'ao: Iudex over there can speak human.
    Elekid 1: Fascinating! Alright, we'll be over here waiting.

Pa'ao comes back to you and looks to you for who his partner will be. The Elekids look excited for a fun battle.
    "...huh!"

Mordecai was generally impressed. "Wow, that's absolutely nothing like what I would've figured that conversation was about. Thanks, Iudex, Pa'ao. Hmmm..."

"Dile?"

Mordecai shook his head. "No, it'd be slightly unfair since we prepared ahead of time, heh. Kaulu!"

The mankey came out with a nod. "In lieu of Kamoho, how about you be their sparring partner?"

Kaulu glanced at Pa'ao, and nodded. Among other things, Mordecai was very curious how they'd work together.

Spoiler
    Show

Releasing Kaulu to G-6!

I'll use faster on Pa'ao, and Stronger on Kaulu - as for once it's important which. :P

Kaulu's speed is 11, Pa'ao's is 10. Man it's weird having not-abysmally-speeded mon. Also uh, how will this work?

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks good! Should be a fun time.

Another assistant who is going around recording choices eventually comes to you. She takes a look at your team and nods. "Impressive selection, Mr. Blackwell. I hope these will serve you well." She retrieves four Ultra Balls from various shelves and hands them to you. She then points to the double doors Jill originally entered through. "Please continue to our staging area. And best of luck to you, Mr. Blackwell.

Following a group of other trainers through the doors and down a long hallway, you find yourself in another massive circular room with various doorways along the outside. Hanging from the ceiling is a jumbotron of sorts, currently showing highlights of previous Tournament battles.

"This is where we find out who we're facing and which battleground we'll be in," the girl from before chimes in from beside you.
    Leo turned to the girl in incredulity. Have you been here before? How do you know so much about this event if they try to keep a low profile?

He examines the battlegrounds shown in the video, looking for patterns and environments that he may be able to turn to his advantage during the real rounds.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch's first instinct is to calm the Absol, but first, he has plans to put into motion.

"Dolis. Circle around and Wrap his arms if possible, alright? Wait for my cue," he tries to whisper to his snake as he walks forward, knife held high in the air.

"Drop the Audino. We don't want this to get any nastier than it has to. What do you want?" he asks, trying to get as close to the Absol as possible.

"Don't attack him. We need to negotiate this carefully."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dolis has Stealth, so he shouldn't be able to hear him, although seeing is still possible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is it Dilos or Dolis? I'll use Dolis for this post.

As Dolis slithers out of view, the Ostra guy's eyes are bulging out of his head. The moment you start to move, he screams, "I told you not to move! Drop the knife. I'm serious. I will decapitate this thing if you make me."

The Absol is crouched to pounce, but it does not make a move. Carn tenses up but remains still as well.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Default Re: In which Mordecai regrets pre-buffing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "...huh!"

Mordecai was generally impressed. "Wow, that's absolutely nothing like what I would've figured that conversation was about. Thanks, Iudex, Pa'ao. Hmmm..."

"Dile?"

Mordecai shook his head. "No, it'd be slightly unfair since we prepared ahead of time, heh. Kaulu!"

The mankey came out with a nod. "In lieu of Kamoho, how about you be their sparring partner?"

Kaulu glanced at Pa'ao, and nodded. Among other things, Mordecai was very curious how they'd work together.

Spoiler
    Show

Releasing Kaulu to G-6!

I'll use faster on Pa'ao, and Stronger on Kaulu - as for once it's important which. :P

Kaulu's speed is 11, Pa'ao's is 10. Man it's weird having not-abysmally-speeded mon. Also uh, how will this work?

Spoiler
    Show
    Your Drilbur and Mankey will be "sparring" with the Elekids, which will work like this:
    - Temporary HP = to normal HP, but when they "faint" they'll still be at full HP in reality.
    - Double battle = it's actually Drilbur and Mankey acting on their own as opposed to Mordecai controlling them, but for all intents and purposes, you (Kanto) will be controlling them.
    - Stakes = ?? Win and you'll find out
    Oh and they both have > 11 speed so they'll be going first.

The Elekids ask if your two combatants are ready, and they nod in assent. Then they bump fists and jump back a few steps before firing some electricity bullets at your Pokemon.

"Game on!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock! x2 (one on Pa'ao and one on Kaulu)
    AC 2 (irrelevant) & (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (nope) & (1d12+15)[25]

They quickly catch on to Pa'ao's immunity to electricity. "Brother! That one didn't even flinch!"
    "We'll have to change our tactics!"

6. - Top - End - #1266

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo turned to the girl in incredulity. Have you been here before? How do you know so much about this event if they try to keep a low profile?

He examines the battlegrounds shown in the video, looking for patterns and environments that he may be able to turn to his advantage during the real rounds.
    The girl shakes her head vigorously. "Nope! But my older brother was a few years ago, and he told me all sorts of stories. My name's Violetta by the way."

You see all sorts of environments in the videos of battles, from magma pits to electrified floors to verdant gardens to flooded fields. There's even one with a large chasm right down the middle.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is it Dilos or Dolis? I'll use Dolis for this post.

As Dolis slithers out of view, the Ostra guy's eyes are bulging out of his head. The moment you start to move, he screams, "I told you not to move! Drop the knife. I'm serious. I will decapitate this thing if you make me."

The Absol is crouched to pounce, but it does not make a move. Carn tenses up but remains still as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dilos. It's Solid backwards. You know, like Solid Snake... I'm so clever!

Pitch looks at the man, gently dropping his knife, and evil grin crossing his face.

"Now tell me. You kill that Audino, and what then? I kill you slower?" Pitch says, looking at him. "I'm willing to make a deal," Pitch says, looking to a certain fellow Ostra member knocked out against a tree. "Her life for the Audino. You let the Audino go, I will not harm you as you leave."

Show

8. - Top - End - #1268

Spoiler
    Show
    Dilos. It's Solid backwards. You know, like Solid Snake... I'm so clever!

Pitch looks at the man, gently dropping his knife, and evil grin crossing his face.

"Now tell me. You kill that Audino, and what then? I kill you slower?" Pitch says, looking at him. "I'm willing to make a deal," Pitch says, looking to a certain fellow Ostra member knocked out against a tree. "Her life for the Audino. You let the Audino go, I will not harm you as you leave."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you crossed the "groaner" line twice and ventured back into chuckle-worthy territory with that name. What's Inigan then? OH I get it, nice. Just watch out for Mottobgnol Elliven...

The panicked look on the boy's face grows more pronounced but it also develops into disbelief. "You think I TRUST you!? You think I'd believe anything you say? I saw what you did to Trevor, you--you...monster!" His knife hand starts to twitch, eliciting a whimper from the Audino.

The Absol tries to calm her down, but that only angers the hostage taker. "You shut up! You care so much about her? If you open your stupid mouth one more time, she loses her face. YOU HEAR ME?!"

The shouting causes the Audino to break down and start crying. Every other Pokemon, the Absol and Carn included, are too certain of the consequences to make a noise, so the Audino's sobs are the only noise in the entire area. They serve as a haunting, frightening soundtrack for the tense situation.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you crossed the "groaner" line twice and ventured back into chuckle-worthy territory with that name. What's Inigan then? OH I get it, nice. Just watch out for Mottobgnol Elliven...

The panicked look on the boy's face grows more pronounced but it also develops into disbelief. "You think I TRUST you!? You think I'd believe anything you say? I saw what you did to Trevor, you--you...monster!" His knife hand starts to twitch, eliciting a whimper from the Audino.

The Absol tries to calm her down, but that only angers the hostage taker. "You shut up! You care so much about her? If you open your stupid mouth one more time, she loses her face. YOU HEAR ME?!"

The shouting causes the Audino to break down and start crying. Every other Pokemon, the Absol and Carn included, are too certain of the consequences to make a noise, so the Audino's sobs are the only noise in the entire area. They serve as a haunting, frightening soundtrack for the tense situation.
    "Look, you're scared. I get that, I really do. But you know what? Killing that Audino will do nothing. You have two choices here; set the Audino down, grab your friend, and walk away. Or, you can proceed with your foolish plan. And you don't trust me? How about this deal. If one hair on that Audino's head is scratched, I'll make Trevor look like a supermodel, understand?" Pitch says, his tone leaving little room for argument.

"Now let's wrap this up. I don't have all day," he says, staring straight into the man's eyes.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-10-25 at 12:05 AM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1270

"Look, you're scared. I get that, I really do. But you know what? Killing that Audino will do nothing. You have two choices here; set the Audino down, grab your friend, and walk away. Or, you can proceed with your foolish plan. And you don't trust me? How about this deal. If one hair on that Audino's head is scratched, I'll make Trevor look like a supermodel, understand?" Pitch says, his tone leaving little room for argument.

"Now let's wrap this up. I don't have all day," he says, staring straight into the man's eyes.
    The boy is clearly losing it, shaking his head and sweating profusely as you speak. He likely knows better than to trust you, but he is almost entirely out of options. "No...no...

NO!
    " he shouts as Dilos springs up from nowhere and binds his arms. In the instant before Dilos's grip is tightened, the boy's arm jerks and the knife gashes the Audino open.

Time seems to stand still as the Audino plummets through the air, blood flying out of it through the deep wound. The Absol moans in agony the moment its eyes have processed what just happened, and its instant desire for vengeance overwhelms its desire to save the Audino--she looks beyond saving to him at any rate.

Dilos is tightly wrapped around the boy at this point, but before he's even on the ground, the Absol leaps to go for the kill. Carn springs into action and tackles the Absol to the ground before its claws find flesh and the two roll off into a pile. They fight for a big before Carn gains the upper hand and pins the Absol to the ground. "ENOUGH! Killing him won't save her; fighting me won't save her!"

The Absol lets out a guttural roar that dissolves into a heart-wrenching sob which emanates throughout the clearing.

The Audino is splayed across the ground, eyes widened in shock, bleeding out quite quickly.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

The boy is clearly losing it, shaking his head and sweating profusely as you speak. He likely knows better than to trust you, but he is almost entirely out of options. "No...no...

NO!
    " he shouts as Dilos springs up from nowhere and binds his arms. In the instant before Dilos's grip is tightened, the boy's arm jerks and the knife gashes the Audino open.

Time seems to stand still as the Audino plummets through the air, blood flying out of it through the deep wound. The Absol moans in agony the moment its eyes have processed what just happened, and its instant desire for vengeance overwhelms its desire to save the Audino--she looks beyond saving to him at any rate.

Dilos is tightly wrapped around the boy at this point, but before he's even on the ground, the Absol leaps to go for the kill. Carn springs into action and tackles the Absol to the ground before its claws find flesh and the two roll off into a pile. They fight for a big before Carn gains the upper hand and pins the Absol to the ground. "ENOUGH! Killing him won't save her; fighting me won't save her!"

The Absol lets out a guttural roar that dissolves into a heart-wrenching sob which emanates throughout the clearing.

The Audino is splayed across the ground, eyes widened in shock, bleeding out quite quickly.
    Pitch dashes across the clearing, fumbling with the top of his last remaining Super Potion. As soon as the lid is off, he pours it over the Audino.

"Please be okay, please be okay," he mutters under his breath, pouring the Potion up and down the wound.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would work," he mutters to the Absol before glaring at the boy.

"YOU!" he shouts, glaring at him. "This is YOUR fault," he says, looking at him, eyes filled with rage. It wasn't his fault, not. His plan was perfect. The stupid boy had muked it up. Yes, it was him. Not his fault. The stupid kid.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d12+20)[49]

Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Huh, a silent post.

Mordecai focused for a moment, then relaxed again. Huh - the elekids really were focusing on just having a friendly spar. Good! It'd be good for Pa'ao to get some frustration out.

Pa'ao more or less stared through the electricity coursing about him, stepping through them as Kaulu danced away fromt he attack. The latter paused - he wanted to suggest that the drillbur do the group attack he'd seen, but Pa'ao was far too interested in utilizing his claws. The mankey shook his head entire body and stepped forward himself, keeping his blows friendly as he swung at both of them.

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu will use fury swipes! Attacking E2, E1, then E2 E2 E2.
    Attack roll 1: (1d20)[1]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20)[3] (Vs E1, rest are vs E2)
    Attack roll 3: (1d20)[16]
    Attack roll 4: (1d20)[10]
    Attack roll 5: (1d20)[13]
    Damage roll 1: (1d6+15)[20]
    Damage roll 2: (1d6+15)[18] (Vs E1, rest are vs E2)
    Damage roll 3: (1d6+3)[6]
    Damage roll 4: (1d6+3)[4]
    Damage roll 5: (1d6+3)[4]

Pa'ao will use claws and assault E1.
    Attack roll: (1d20)[15]
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[29]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

The girl shakes her head vigorously. "Nope! But my older brother was a few years ago, and he told me all sorts of stories. My name's Violetta by the way."

You see all sorts of environments in the videos of battles, from magma pits to electrified floors to verdant gardens to flooded fields. There's even one with a large chasm right down the middle.
    Do they usually give prizes like the larvitar out? It seems too valuable to just give away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is my sheet for pokemon. Sheet All that's left is filling in move descriptions.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1274

Pitch dashes across the clearing, fumbling with the top of his last remaining Super Potion. As soon as the lid is off, he pours it over the Audino.

"Please be okay, please be okay," he mutters under his breath, pouring the Potion up and down the wound.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would work," he mutters to the Absol before glaring at the boy.

"YOU!" he shouts, glaring at him. "This is YOUR fault," he says, looking at him, eyes filled with rage. It wasn't his fault, not. His plan was perfect. The stupid boy had muked it up. Yes, it was him. Not his fault. The stupid kid.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    The healing fluid is able to mostly close the wound, but the Audino has already lost a lot of blood. It's pale from head to toe, convulsing every so often. You've seen these violent twitches from a Pokemon before...about a week ago back in Port Tidings' gym. At best, the Audino is touch-and-go at this point, teetering on the edge of life and death.

The boy sputters out, "Your...fault..." through Dilos's tight grip.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-25 at 12:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

The healing fluid is able to mostly close the wound, but the Audino has already lost a lot of blood. It's pale from head to toe, convulsing every so often. You've seen these violent twitches from a Pokemon before...about a week ago back in Port Tidings' gym. At best, the Audino is touch-and-go at this point, teetering on the edge of life and death.

The boy sputters out, "Your...fault..." through Dilos's tight grip.
    Pitch angrily kicks the boy in the face before reaching into his pack for a Potion.

If blood loss was what was killing the thing, he couldn't do much from the outside. Nothing at all, really. But, if he could somehow get it to start getting blood back faster...

Then Pitch has an idea. The fastest way to the bloodstream was through the stomach, right? If made the Audino drink the Potion, maybe it would be able to heal the Pokemon? Maybe it would help? Nothing could hurt at this point.

"Cheers," he mutters, dumping the Potion down the Audino's throat, desperately hoping it doesn't kill the Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d12+10)[25]

Show

16. - Top - End - #1276

Default Re: Huh, a silent post.

Mordecai focused for a moment, then relaxed again. Huh - the elekids really were focusing on just having a friendly spar. Good! It'd be good for Pa'ao to get some frustration out.

Pa'ao more or less stared through the electricity coursing about him, stepping through them as Kaulu danced away fromt he attack. The latter paused - he wanted to suggest that the drillbur do the group attack he'd seen, but Pa'ao was far too interested in utilizing his claws. The mankey shook his head entire body and stepped forward himself, keeping his blows friendly as he swung at both of them.

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu will use fury swipes! Attacking E2, E1, then E2 E2 E2.
    Attack roll 1: (1d20)[1]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20)[19] (Vs E1, rest are vs E2)
    Attack roll 3: (1d1+10)[11]
    Attack roll 4: (1d10+20)[24]
    Attack roll 5: (1d10)[6]
    Damage roll 1: (1d10+10)[11]
    Damage roll 2: [roll6] (Vs E1, rest are vs E2)
    Damage roll 3: [roll7]
    Damage roll 4: [roll8]
    Damage roll 5: [roll9]

Pa'ao will use claws and assault E1.
    Attack roll: [roll10]
    Damage roll: [roll11]

The Elekid Bros are able to dodge Kaulu's swipes, but Pa'ao's claws do catch the older bro and do solid damage to him.

The Elekid Bros then grab each other and use each other as leverage to swing around in a coordinated effort to sweep your team's legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delta Formation Offensive Maneuver Yellow! (Low Kick x2)
    (First on Pa'ao, second on Kaulu)
    AC 2 (1d20)[1] & (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d1+10)[11] & (1d10+20)[24]
    Crit: (1d10)[6] & (1d10+10)[11]

17. - Top - End - #1277

Do they usually give prizes like the larvitar out? It seems too valuable to just give away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is my sheet for pokemon. Sheet All that's left is filling in move descriptions.
    "It's always something really, really rare. Miss Bales has a lot of resources, so it's probably just a drop in the bucket to her. Hope one of us wins it!"

"Don't hold your breath. Neither of you have a chance, because I'm going to win it," a tall boy with a cloak says haughtily as he walks by. He makes a point of displaying his eight badges. "Blake Wreath, Maelstrom. That Larvitar is mine. Smell you losers later," he says as he walks away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice sheet! Bet it felt awesome dividing up 50 points worth of stats.

As the last few trainers walk into the room, the jumbotron shifts from showing highlights to displaying a large bracket filled with all the contestants.

Jill walks in last of all and shuts the doors behind her. Through a microphone clipped to her shirt, her voice is projected throughout the room. "Alright! Now that all the clerical work is out of the way, who's ready to battle?" Everyone cheers. "Great! There are 64 of you, and the tournament will be divided into four "regions" with 16 contestants in each. We've assigned each of you seeds based on experience as a trainer and badges earned. Your first round matchups will appear on the screen right about...NOW!" She points to the jumbotron and right on cue, a bunch of names materialize onto the bracket.

You're in the "Orum" region on the bottom left of the bracket:
    Quote Originally Posted by Orum Region
    16. Leo Blackwell, Wrystone vs. 1. Tanner Akers, Xylo
    "We only have sixteen battlefields, so we can only have half of you battle at a time during this opening round. We flipped a coin, and it came up heads, so the top half of the bracket will go first. That means if you're in the Gateway or Maelstrom region, step up to find out which battlefield you'll be in! Orum and Elrem regions, feel free to mingle and possibly meet your opponent. It will be your turn shortly."

Half of the trainers, including Violetta (Gateway region, 3 seed) and Blake (Maelstrom region, 1 seed) go to figure out their matchups. There are pictures on the jumbotron's bracket if you want to seek out anyone in particular, like your opponent.

Pete (Elrem, 10 seed) walks over to you with his hands behind his head. "You nervous? I'm nervous."
    Last edited by HZ514; 2013-03-27 at 10:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Pitch angrily kicks the boy in the face before reaching into his pack for a Potion.

If blood loss was what was killing the thing, he couldn't do much from the outside. Nothing at all, really. But, if he could somehow get it to start getting blood back faster...

Then Pitch has an idea. The fastest way to the bloodstream was through the stomach, right? If made the Audino drink the Potion, maybe it would be able to heal the Pokemon? Maybe it would help? Nothing could hurt at this point.

"Cheers," he mutters, dumping the Potion down the Audino's throat, desperately hoping it doesn't kill the Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    The Audino shakes even more violently as the healing fluid goes down, but then settles down afterward. A little color returns and the convulsions are gone entirely, replaced by a slight but constant shiver. She blinks for the first time and it seems some of her mental faculties have returned to her.

Carn lets the Absol get up, and he runs over to her, gently stroking her head. While they share a tender moment of pure relief, Carn calls you over to him.

In an urgent, low voice, he says, "That potion will tide her over for a little while, but she lost a lot of blood and it cannot fix that. The potion is more or less replacing her lost blood for now, but once it gets cycled through, her state will deteriorate again." He pauses for a moment, then looks you in the eye. "She needs blood, Pitch."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Default A not nearly as cool retaliation!

The Elekid Bros are able to dodge Kaulu's swipes, but Pa'ao's claws do catch the older bro and do solid damage to him.

The Elekid Bros then grab each other and use each other as leverage to swing around in a coordinated effort to sweep your team's legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delta Formation Offensive Maneuver Yellow! (Low Kick x2)
    (First on Pa'ao, second on Kaulu)
    AC 2 (1d20)[17] & (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+18)[19] & (1d12+19)[23]
    Crit: [roll4] & [roll5]
    "Dile!" Kamoho seemed quite excited at the Elekid's attack - which made Mordecai wonder what precisely it was about it that the totodile found so interesting, but it was well coordinated.

Kaulu leaned forward, as if into the attack, then swayed backwards into an elegant - he smashed into Pa'ao, causing the attack to strike home - the mole slammed it aside, but Kaulu was more of the dodging sort and was thus unable to do so. Mordecai exhaled, shaking his head slightly - obviously those two would need more practice working together.

Kaulu braced himself to attempt a return combination attack - when Pa'ao retaliated, just clawing the same one with no real regardes to Kaulu. The mankey sighed for half a moment, before joining Pa'ao in striking at his target.

"Dile! Toto!"

That... actually sounded like Kamoho was cheering. Which was what the totodile was doing - actually cheering on his teammates. Mordecai had to hope it was 'cheering on his teammates' and not 'egging on Pa'ao', but it didn't seem to bother Pa'ao to hear it this time, so maybe.

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu and Pa'ao both use scratch! It's not a combination because Pa'ao is a spoilsport! They're both aiming for E1 this time!

Kaulu attack: (1d20)[17]
    Pa'ao attack: (1d20)[20]

Kaulu damage: (1d12+18)[19]
    Pa'ao attack: (1d12+19)[23]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #1280

Default Re: A not nearly as cool retaliation!

"Dile!" Kamoho seemed quite excited at the Elekid's attack - which made Mordecai wonder what precisely it was about it that the totodile found so interesting, but it was well coordinated.

Kaulu leaned forward, as if into the attack, then swayed backwards into an elegant - he smashed into Pa'ao, causing the attack to strike home - the mole slammed it aside, but Kaulu was more of the dodging sort and was thus unable to do so. Mordecai exhaled, shaking his head slightly - obviously those two would need more practice working together.

Kaulu braced himself to attempt a return combination attack - when Pa'ao retaliated, just clawing the same one with no real regardes to Kaulu. The mankey sighed for half a moment, before joining Pa'ao in striking at his target.

"Dile! Toto!"

That... actually sounded like Kamoho was cheering. Which was what the totodile was doing - actually cheering on his teammates. Mordecai had to hope it was 'cheering on his teammates' and not 'egging on Pa'ao', but it didn't seem to bother Pa'ao to hear it this time, so maybe.

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu and Pa'ao both use scratch! It's not a combination because Pa'ao is a spoilsport! They're both aiming for E1 this time!

Kaulu attack: (1d20)[13]
    Pa'ao attack: (1d12+16)[24]

Kaulu damage: (1d12+6)[16]
    Pa'ao attack: (1d20)[19]

Pa'ao and Kaulu's combination dual attacks are enough to knock the wind out of the older Elekid bro, who raises an arm in concession of defeat. The younger one, determined to fight on, shoots a burst of electricity out of its plug-like head point-black at Kaulu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock!
    AC 2 (1d20)[13]
    Damage: (1d12+16)[24]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[16]

Then the feisty Elekid follows up the first attack with another quick punch!

Spoiler
    Show
    If Kaulu's still "up" then this targets him, if not then Pa'ao.
    Quick Attack!
    AC 2 (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d12+16)[25]
    Crit: (1d12+6)[11]

"You go, li'l bro!"

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's always something really, really rare. Miss Bales has a lot of resources, so it's probably just a drop in the bucket to her. Hope one of us wins it!"

"Don't hold your breath. Neither of you have a chance, because I'm going to win it," a tall boy with a cloak says haughtily as he walks by. He makes a point of displaying his eight badges. "Blake Wreath, Maelstrom. That Larvitar is mine. Smell you losers later," he says as he walks away.

As the last few trainers walk into the room, the jumbotron shifts from showing highlights to displaying a large bracket filled with all the contestants.

Jill walks in last of all and shuts the doors behind her. Through a microphone clipped to her shirt, her voice is projected throughout the room. "Alright! Now that all the clerical work is out of the way, who's ready to battle?" Everyone cheers. "Great! There are 64 of you, and the tournament will be divided into four "regions" with 16 contestants in each. We've assigned each of you seeds based on experience as a trainer and badges earned. Your first round matchups will appear on the screen right about...NOW!" She points to the jumbotron and right on cue, a bunch of names materialize onto the bracket.

You're in the "Orum" region on the bottom left of the bracket:

"We only have sixteen battlefields, so we can only have half of you battle at a time during this opening round. We flipped a coin, and it came up heads, so the top half of the bracket will go first. That means if you're in the Gateway or Maelstrom region, step up to find out which battlefield you'll be in! Orum and Elrem regions, feel free to mingle and possibly meet your opponent. It will be your turn shortly."

Half of the trainers, including Violetta (Gateway region, 3 seed) and Blake (Maelstrom region, 1 seed) go to figure out their matchups. There are pictures on the jumbotron's bracket if you want to seek out anyone in particular, like your opponent.

Pete (Orum, 9 seed) walks over to you with his hands behind his head. "You nervous? I'm nervous."
    Leo gulped, going up against the first seed in his starting match didn't seem to be a good sign. Well 16th seed isn't exactly encouraging, but I'll do my best. I'm lucky we got to rent pokemon, I think the people here are way ahead of my team in terms of experience and strength.

He fingered his pokeballs nervously. Were his choices the right ones? Would he be able to get past a first seed and make it to the second round?

If he gets the chance, Leo watches the other matches closely, keeping track of the top seeds and what pokemon and tactics they used.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-25 at 12:33 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

The Audino shakes even more violently as the healing fluid goes down, but then settles down afterward. A little color returns and the convulsions are gone entirely, replaced by a slight but constant shiver. She blinks for the first time and it seems some of her mental faculties have returned to her.

Carn lets the Absol get up, and he runs over to her, gently stroking her head. While they share a tender moment of pure relief, Carn calls you over to him.

In an urgent, low voice, he says, "That potion will tide her over for a little while, but she lost a lot of blood and it cannot fix that. The potion is more or less replacing her lost blood for now, but once it gets cycled through, her state will deteriorate again." He pauses for a moment, then looks you in the eye. "She needs blood, Pitch."
    Pitch curses under his breath.

"The thing looks human. If I use my own, will it take? Or will it just make things worse?" Pitch says, genuinely worried. He fumbles around in his bag, looking for something that would function as a syringe. He couldn't use the asssassins blood; he needed him concious. Anyways, he wasn't putting that filth's blood in her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did the Antidote come in a syringe?

Show

23. - Top - End - #1283

Leo gulped, going up against the first seed in his starting match didn't seem to be a good sign. Well 16th seed isn't exactly encouraging, but I'll do my best. I'm lucky we got to rent pokemon, I think the people here are way ahead of my team in terms of experience and strength.

He fingered his pokeballs nervously. Were his choices the right ones? Would he be able to get past a first seed and make it to the second round?

If he gets the chance, Leo watches the other matches closely, keeping track of the top seeds and what pokemon and tactics they used.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The matches are purposely kept behind closed doors so you can't gain info

Unfortunately, the jumbotron does not air the matches and the matches are not allowed spectators.

"They're way ahead of me, too, man. I guess that's why Miss Bales let us rent Pokemon, to even the playing field sort of. Well, good luck Leo. I'm gonna go find my opponent." He walks off and looks around.

Another male voice comes from behind you. "Hi, Leo? I'm Tanner. Guess we're facing each other in round one, huh?"

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The matches are purposely kept behind closed doors so you can't gain info

Unfortunately, the jumbotron does not air the matches and the matches are not allowed spectators.

"They're way ahead of me, too, man. I guess that's why Miss Bales let us rent Pokemon, to even the playing field sort of. Well, good luck Leo. I'm gonna go find my opponent." He walks off and looks around.

Another male voice comes from behind you. "Hi, Leo? I'm Tanner. Guess we're facing each other in round one, huh?"
    That's me. I'm looking forward to the match. Without rental pokemon, I wouldn't even be able to participate; I only started on Monday.

Where are you from? To be first seed you must be pretty experienced; how many badges do you have?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1285

Pitch curses under his breath.

"The thing looks human. If I use my own, will it take? Or will it just make things worse?" Pitch says, genuinely worried. He fumbles around in his bag, looking for something that would function as a syringe. He couldn't use the asssassins blood; he needed him concious. Anyways, he wasn't putting that filth's blood in her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did the Antidote come in a syringe?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It did, and in lieu of any sort of actual transfusion equipment, we'll pretend that it's capable of transferring enough blood

Carn shakes his head. "Pokemon and humans have very different blood. Even amongst Pokemon, we have varying types of blood, like humans do. I could...test everyone to see who might be a match. Each of the types of Pokemon blood dance differently on the tip of my blade," he explains.

26. - Top - End - #1286

That's me. I'm looking forward to the match. Without rental pokemon, I wouldn't even be able to participate; I only started on Monday.

Where are you from? To be first seed you must be pretty experienced; how many badges do you have?
    The boy looks surprised by your inexperience. "No way! That's awesome, I remember how exciting it was starting out. Don't get me wrong, it's still just as exciting!" He points to the jumbotron, which states that he's from Xylo. "You mean like what part of Xylo? Grew up in the Battle District, been around Pokemon all my life basically." He shrugs when you mention his experience. "I suppose so. I have seven badges; I saved Xylo's for last because I want to give the people a show, you know? But don't worry, these rentals put us on equal footing."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

He had seven badges and had been around pokemon battles all his life. Leo had studied pokemon sure, but that didn't necessarily match up with practical experience.

It's been pretty exciting. I'm not really interested in gym badges though. Just want to get enough so I can go into the Safari Zone.

I am looking forward to Xylo though. There's supposed to be some great restaurants there.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A not nearly as cool retaliation!

Spoiler
    Show
    Pa'ao and Kaulu's combination dual attacks are enough to knock the wind out of the older Elekid bro, who raises an arm in concession of defeat. The younger one, determined to fight on, shoots a burst of electricity out of its plug-like head point-black at Kaulu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thundershock!
    AC 2 (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d12+19)[20]
    Crit: [roll2]

Then the feisty Elekid follows up the first attack with another quick punch!

Spoiler
    Show
    If Kaulu's still "up" then this targets him, if not then Pa'ao.
    Quick Attack!
    AC 2 [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]

"You go, li'l bro!"
    Kaulu's dodge was again checked by Pa'ao - this time, because he consciously was avoiding running into the drillbur which murdered his ability to dodge. The thunderbolt knocked him to his back, where he stood - but conceeded.

"Drill!" (Just you'n me now!) Muttered Pa'ao, as he gave another claw at the offending elekid - after taking a punch to the jaw with a growl.

"Dile! Dile!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu goes down to the electricity, so the quick attack nails Pa'ao.
    Pa'ao then uses scratch once more! Go repetition mole!

Pa'ao attack: (1d20)[18]
    Pa'ao damage: (1d12+19)[20]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It did, and in lieu of any sort of actual transfusion equipment, we'll pretend that it's capable of transferring enough blood

Carn shakes his head. "Pokemon and humans have very different blood. Even amongst Pokemon, we have varying types of blood, like humans do. I could...test everyone to see who might be a match. Each of the types of Pokemon blood dance differently on the tip of my blade," he explains.
    Pitch nods, trusting Carn's knowledge.

"Just be careful. Smallest cut that still lets you know," he says.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1290

He had seven badges and had been around pokemon battles all his life. Leo had studied pokemon sure, but that didn't necessarily match up with practical experience.

It's been pretty exciting. I'm not really interested in gym badges though. Just want to get enough so I can go into the Safari Zone.

I am looking forward to Xylo though. There's supposed to be some great restaurants there.
    Tanner flashes a wide grin when you mention Xylo's restaurants. "You bet there are! I can't wait to go back, it's been way too long."

Spoiler
    Show
    We can fast forward to your turn to battle whenever you like.