New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A not nearly as cool retaliation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Kaulu's dodge was again checked by Pa'ao - this time, because he consciously was avoiding running into the drillbur which murdered his ability to dodge. The thunderbolt knocked him to his back, where he stood - but conceeded.

"Drill!" (Just you'n me now!) Muttered Pa'ao, as he gave another claw at the offending elekid - after taking a punch to the jaw with a growl.

"Dile! Dile!"

Spoiler
    Show

Kaulu goes down to the electricity, so the quick attack nails Pa'ao.
    Pa'ao then uses scratch once more! Go repetition mole!

Pa'ao attack: [roll0]
    Pa'ao damage: [roll1]

The younger Elekid is able to withstand another swipe of Pa'ao's claws, but he's too busy regaining his balance after the previous attack to act quite yet.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The younger Elekid is able to withstand another swipe of Pa'ao's claws, but he's too busy regaining his balance after the previous attack to act quite yet.
    Pa'ao had tensed himself up for a retaliation. When none came immediately, he continued his advance - striking with his other claw.

Spoiler
    Show

Yet another scratch!

Attack roll: (1d20)[18]
    Damage roll: (1d12+19)[23]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #1293

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch nods, trusting Carn's knowledge.

"Just be careful. Smallest cut that still lets you know," he says.
    Carn nods solemnly. "With any luck, a few of us will be able to contribute."

He quickly makes the rounds, informing your other Pokemon of the situation. Each one in turn allows him to prick open a small wound from which to sample their blood. Carn's method of testing blood type more or less boils down to how each drop of blood splits apart when he places it at the tip of one of his blades.

Once he's finished testing the others, he goes over to the Absol and Audino. They exchange a hushed conversation, and then Carn tests the Audino's and Absol's blood. The Audino has already started to lose color again as the potion's fluid gets used up.

Carn comes back to you with an undecipherable expression on his face. "The Audino has the universal donor blood type, which unfortunately means she can only accept blood from other universal donors." He pauses, shaking some residual blood from his blades. "Among the others, only Outlet shares that trait," he states. Then he gives you a nod and says "And I do, as well."

4. - Top - End - #1294

Pa'ao had tensed himself up for a retaliation. When none came immediately, he continued his advance - striking with his other claw.

Spoiler
    Show

Yet another scratch!

Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

Pa'ao's persistence pays off, as this latest scratch forces the Elekid to yield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your team won the sparring session!
    Pa'ao and Kaulu each gain 2*11*10 = 220 EXP!

"Whew! Really worked up a sweat there."
    "Yeah, great battle, you too."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

"Drill."

That didn't mean anything in particular, as the drillbur clamped his claws together, conisderably happier than when the bout started. Kaulu nodded to the two of them respectfully.

"Dile! Dile!" Kamoho was applauding. Mordecai smiled.

"You two did great, Pa'ao, Kaulu." He glanced at both of the elekids. "I'm also impressed by you two - you two work really well as a team! I think that's something we're gonna have to work on on our end."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #1296

"Drill."

That didn't mean anything in particular, as the drillbur clamped his claws together, conisderably happier than when the bout started. Kaulu nodded to the two of them respectfully.

"Dile! Dile!" Kamoho was applauding. Mordecai smiled.

"You two did great, Pa'ao, Kaulu." He glanced at both of the elekids. "I'm also impressed by you two - you two work really well as a team! I think that's something we're gonna have to work on on our end."
    The older Elekid gives you a thumbs (more like a nail, really) up in response to your compliment.

"Ele-el!"

The two Elekids then resume sparring on their own, content with concluding their interaction with you and your team.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

As was Mordecai. "Good luck with your sparring, guys. Ready to go?"

Kaulu nodded. Pa'ao was still wringing his claws, but was definitely content. Returning both of them, Mordecai continued down the road.

"Thanks, Namaka - I guess that the Pa'ao illusion wasn't necessary after all. Swap back to looking like Kaulu so..."

He paused. Then, as he resumed walking, "Hey, actually. Does it bother you to illusion like someone else all the time? I mean - it's a really handy skill, but if you'd rather not spend all the time looking like another pokemon... er, well, but maybe you don't want to do that."

He glanced to Iudex for the translation.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

8. - Top - End - #1298

As was Mordecai. "Good luck with your sparring, guys. Ready to go?"

Kaulu nodded. Pa'ao was still wringing his claws, but was definitely content. Returning both of them, Mordecai continued down the road.

"Thanks, Namaka - I guess that the Pa'ao illusion wasn't necessary after all. Swap back to looking like Kaulu so..."

He paused. Then, as he resumed walking, "Hey, actually. Does it bother you to illusion like someone else all the time? I mean - it's a really handy skill, but if you'd rather not spend all the time looking like another pokemon... er, well, but maybe you don't want to do that."

He glanced to Iudex for the translation.
    Namaka shifts back to Kaulu's form, and then her answer to your question comes in a strange combination of her and Kaulu's voice.

Iudex translates it, likely knocking the verbiage up a few levels of intellect in the process: "In the wild, I did not have the luxury of considering whether it bothered me; it was necessary for survival. Now, under your command, it is still a tool for self-defense, only with you to help me decide what the best disguise is. At this point, it does not bother me because it is natural. Do not worry about it bothering me."

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

Tanner flashes a wide grin when you mention Xylo's restaurants. "You bet there are! I can't wait to go back, it's been way too long."

Spoiler
    Show
    We can fast forward to your turn to battle whenever you like.
    What's the gym leader like? I don't know much about the gym leaders aside from Halle. And I only know about Halle, umm, because I uh, I went to the gym a lot in the last couple years

Hurridly trying to shift away from the awkward moment, Leo quickly changes the subject. What starter did you get from Xylo? They give away electric types don't they?

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine going to the battle whenever. Steel stage is my choice. Rolled 19 in OOC. What number does water get?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, I see."

That made sense. Mordecai idly wondered what it was that ate zorua to force said survival instinct, but that wasn't terribly important anyway at the moment.

...ironically, given what was in the area and typing, it was probably mankeys.

"I guess less bothers you guys than I thought. It's a bit unfair of me to project human desires onto you guys - everyone has different likes and dislikes. Isn't that right, Kamoho?"

"Dile!"

Mordecai wasn't completely sure Kamoho understood. Granted, that wasn't too important.

"Well, hopefully all the pokemon we run into are as friendly as those two."

Spoiler
    Show

In case this matters for anything:
    Wild roll! (1d100+10)[12]

(If he's still on the same roll as last time, ignore this! ^_^)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Carn nods solemnly. "With any luck, a few of us will be able to contribute."

He quickly makes the rounds, informing your other Pokemon of the situation. Each one in turn allows him to prick open a small wound from which to sample their blood. Carn's method of testing blood type more or less boils down to how each drop of blood splits apart when he places it at the tip of one of his blades.

Once he's finished testing the others, he goes over to the Absol and Audino. They exchange a hushed conversation, and then Carn tests the Audino's and Absol's blood. The Audino has already started to lose color again as the potion's fluid gets used up.

Carn comes back to you with an undecipherable expression on his face. "The Audino has the universal donor blood type, which unfortunately means she can only accept blood from other universal donors." He pauses, shaking some residual blood from his blades. "Among the others, only Outlet shares that trait," he states. Then he gives you a nod and says "And I do, as well."
    Pitch nods, looking to Carn first.

"I'll take yours first. You have considerably more blood to spare than Outlet," he says, regretting that he'd have to do this to his team for a Pokemon that might not even join them.

Unless Carn protests, he sticks the Antidote into an artery, trying to collect as much blood as possible. When it's full, he goes over to the Audino, finding a vein to stick it in, and jams it in, squeezing down so the liquid enters the Audino, hoping Carn's test was correct.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    What's the gym leader like? I don't know much about the gym leaders aside from Halle. And I only know about Halle, umm, because I uh, I went to the gym a lot in the last couple years

Hurridly trying to shift away from the awkward moment, Leo quickly changes the subject. What starter did you get from Xylo? They give away electric types don't they?

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine going to the battle whenever. Steel stage is my choice. Rolled 19 in OOC. What number does water get?
    Tanner chuckles. "Zayir? Man, he's a riot. Nothing I say could do him justice, you'll just have to see for yourself. Definitely my favorite leader. Halle's up there though, our battle was pretty great."

Tanner doesn't seem to notice your awkward stumbling over the subject of Halle. "Electric and Flying, yeah. I got a Shinx! Breaker's a Luxray now though...love that guy. Oh, look!" he says as the doors around the place start to open.

As the trainers return from their first battles, the bracket on the jumbotron updates with the results. Notably, both Violetta and Blake won their matches. "Guess we're up!" Tanner says as he walks up to find out where you two will be battling. There is an assistant holding up a placard with your name and Tanner's on it, indicating you should go see him.

Spoiler
    Show
    In order,
    Normal
    Fire
    Water
    Electric
    Grass
    Ice
    Fighting
    Poison
    Ground
    Flying
    Psychic
    Bug
    Rock
    Ghost
    Dragon
    Dark
    Steel
    (So 3's Water)

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ettin in the Playground

Leo follows tanner, nerves starting to grow in the pit of his stomach. He hoped it would go well, but against an experienced trainer his advanced knowledge of pokemon wouldn't be as big of an advantage.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1304

"Ah, I see."

That made sense. Mordecai idly wondered what it was that ate zorua to force said survival instinct, but that wasn't terribly important anyway at the moment.

...ironically, given what was in the area and typing, it was probably mankeys.

"I guess less bothers you guys than I thought. It's a bit unfair of me to project human desires onto you guys - everyone has different likes and dislikes. Isn't that right, Kamoho?"

"Dile!"

Mordecai wasn't completely sure Kamoho understood. Granted, that wasn't too important.

"Well, hopefully all the pokemon we run into are as friendly as those two."

Spoiler
    Show

In case this matters for anything:
    Wild roll! [roll0]

(If he's still on the same roll as last time, ignore this! ^_^)
    "And yet humans and pokemon often have more in common than we realize," Iudex states sagely as you walk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Natural 2! (Normally there's just one encounter roll per day so you'd just travel until nighttime, but heck why not.)

Your team travels in relative peace while the sun travels through the sky overhead. Before long, you're far enough away from Port Tidings that the air is noticeably less damp. The cool breeze does still carry memorable traces of that ocean mist, though.

As the sun starts to set, you spot something shiny on the side of the road! Upon closer inspection, it's a small, silver egg-shaped object.

Spoiler
    Show
    You found a Lucky Egg! (Lucky Egg may be activated when gaining EXP. The EXP gained is doubled. One time use.)

15. - Top - End - #1305

Pitch nods, looking to Carn first.

"I'll take yours first. You have considerably more blood to spare than Outlet," he says, regretting that he'd have to do this to his team for a Pokemon that might not even join them.

Unless Carn protests, he sticks the Antidote into an artery, trying to collect as much blood as possible. When it's full, he goes over to the Audino, finding a vein to stick it in, and jams it in, squeezing down so the liquid enters the Audino, hoping Carn's test was correct.
    Carn consents and for the second time in 24 hours, you draw some blood from him--though for a drastically different reason this time.

The Absol watches worriedly as you administer the blood to the quickly fading Audino. A few seconds after the injection, her breath becomes a little less shallow and some color returns to her. It's not much progress, but it's something at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    She'll need 11 more transfusions, and let's say each drawing of blood takes 5 HP from the donor.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Leo follows tanner, nerves starting to grow in the pit of his stomach. He hoped it would go well, but against an experienced trainer his advanced knowledge of pokemon wouldn't be as big of an advantage.
    The assistant greets the two of you. "Tanner and Leo, I presume? Great! Let me just activate this program to randomly decide where you two shall battle during round 1..." he says as he presses some buttons. You can see on his monitor that there's actually a wheel on which a spinner is rotating, and it lands on a silvery sliver labeled STEEL.

"Steel it is! Please proceed through door 16 over there," the assistant says, pointing over your shoulder.

You and Tanner do just that and the door closes behind you. There are two paths to take, clearly one for each of you. "Good luck to you, Leo," Tanner says before going down the left one.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Carn consents and for the second time in 24 hours, you draw some blood from him--though for a drastically different reason this time.

The Absol watches worriedly as you administer the blood to the quickly fading Audino. A few seconds after the injection, her breath becomes a little less shallow and some color returns to her. It's not much progress, but it's something at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    She'll need 11 more transfusions, and let's say each drawing of blood takes 5 HP from the donor.
    Pitch continues to take transfusions from Carn until eventually the Scyther simply says to stop.

"Can't give anymore," the Scyther says, seeming a little woozy.

Pitch nods; he understood completely. He'd taken what, seven? eight? transfusions from the Scyther? He'd done more than his fair share.

"Just rest. You've done more than your share," he says, patting the Scyther's shoulder.

Pitch calls Outlet over, trying to wipe Carn's blood off of the Antidote to keep from injecting it into Outlet.

"I need your help to save the Audino," Pitch says to Outlet, looking at the little guy. "She needs blood or she will die, and only yours and Carn's is useable. Carn has given as much as he can; I need some from you."

"Is that okay?" Pitch asks pleadingly.

If Outlet answers in the positive, Pitch will proceed to take four more from the Shinx.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

Leo heads down the right path. This was a lot more complex than he would have thought, though by now he should know better. Anybody paranoid enough to catch one of every pokemon would no doubt put in the effort to make the battlegrounds truly spectacular.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309

Pitch continues to take transfusions from Carn until eventually the Scyther simply says to stop.

"Can't give anymore," the Scyther says, seeming a little woozy.

Pitch nods; he understood completely. He'd taken what, seven? eight? transfusions from the Scyther? He'd done more than his fair share.

"Just rest. You've done more than your share," he says, patting the Scyther's shoulder.

Pitch calls Outlet over, trying to wipe Carn's blood off of the Antidote to keep from injecting it into Outlet.

"I need your help to save the Audino," Pitch says to Outlet, looking at the little guy. "She needs blood or she will die, and only yours and Carn's is useable. Carn has given as much as he can; I need some from you."

"Is that okay?" Pitch asks pleadingly.

If Outlet answers in the positive, Pitch will proceed to take four more from the Shinx.
    Outlet nods profusely, eager to help the cause. Carn sits down, using a tree for support.

After the last of the transfusions takes place, the Audino's face finally regains all of its natural color. "Aud?" it asks, still very weak but fully conscious for the first time in a while.

The Absol hugs her tightly and sobs heartily, unable to formulate any words.

The rest of your team lets out a reserved cheer, having been filled in by Carn and understanding what you just accomplished.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loyalty increases for Lighter (to 1) and Dilos! If the Tangela was out, then it gets one too. Can't remember if it is, though.

Meanwhile, the guy who's still restrained by Dilos groans.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Outlet nods profusely, eager to help the cause. Carn sits down, using a tree for support.

After the last of the transfusions takes place, the Audino's face finally regains all of its natural color. "Aud?" it asks, still very weak but fully conscious for the first time in a while.

The Absol hugs her tightly and sobs heartily, unable to formulate any words.

The rest of your team lets out a reserved cheer, having been filled in by Carn and understanding what you just accomplished.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loyalty increases for Lighter (to 1) and Dilos! If the Tangela was out, then it gets one too. Can't remember if it is, though.

Meanwhile, the guy who's still restrained by Dilos groans.
    Pitch cheers with his team, glad to have saved the Audino.

"We did it," Pitch mutters, holding the exhausted Outlet close.

Pitch squats next to the Audino, looking at it. "How do you feel?" he asks, a huge grin on his face. The Audino would be okay!

Then he hears the man groan. He seems to become a new person; the smile on his face disappears, turning into a frightening glare as he turns to the man.

He gets a running start, kicking the man in the gut.

"Dilos, get off of him," he says, surprisingly calm.

He grabs the man by the throat, slamming him into the tree.

"Give. Me. One. Good. Reason." he says slowly, knife appearing in his hand and pressing hard against the boy's skin. Not even to slit his throat, but perhaps enough to draw a little blood.

"You assaulted my camp. You almost killed that Audino. You poisoned me. You forced me to bleed my own team to save the Audino you cut up."

"Give. Me. One. Good. Reason." he says, pulling the boy back from the tree and slamming him back into it, sliding the knife up to dance under the boy's jaw.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1311

Leo heads down the right path. This was a lot more complex than he would have thought, though by now he should know better. Anybody paranoid enough to catch one of every pokemon would no doubt put in the effort to make the battlegrounds truly spectacular.
    You follow the path as it curves around, eventually leading to a lowered platform. You step on, and it rises up into the light above.

Once it locks into place, you find yourself across from Tanner on a metallic battlefield dotted with deep chasms inside a metallic dome. A referee to the side asks you both, "Are you ready?"

Tanner responds, "Let's do this!" and releases a Skarmory!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!

Few things about the Steel battlefield:
    - The reflective nature of the entire area blinds most Pokemon, requiring +2 AC to hit on any targeted moves.
    - Steel moves are powered up the same way Water ones are in rain or Fire ones are in sunny weather.
    - Otherwise, "steel" squares require normal movement, and those chasms are obviously unpassable except with Sky capacity.

PS the Skarmory has 13 speed (and all 'mons, like yours, are generically statted).
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-10-25 at 10:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Pitch cheers with his team, glad to have saved the Audino.

"We did it," Pitch mutters, holding the exhausted Outlet close.

Pitch squats next to the Audino, looking at it. "How do you feel?" he asks, a huge grin on his face. The Audino would be okay!

Then he hears the man groan. He seems to become a new person; the smile on his face disappears, turning into a frightening glare as he turns to the man.

He gets a running start, kicking the man in the gut.

"Dilos, get off of him," he says, surprisingly calm.

He grabs the man by the throat, slamming him into the tree.

"Give. Me. One. Good. Reason." he says slowly, knife appearing in his hand and pressing hard against the boy's skin. Not even to slit his throat, but perhaps enough to draw a little blood.

"You assaulted my camp. You almost killed that Audino. You poisoned me. You forced me to bleed my own team to save the Audino you cut up."

"Give. Me. One. Good. Reason." he says, pulling the boy back from the tree and slamming him back into it, sliding the knife up to dance under the boy's jaw.
    The Audino gives you a relieved nod to indicate that it will be alright.

The boy's body is limp as you assault him and pin him to the tree. After you're finished speaking, his eyes flicker for a moment and then he...laughs. Perhaps the events of the night have overwhelmed him to the point where he just has nothing left.

No words, no thought, just hollow, meaningless, laughter.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

The Audino gives you a relieved nod to indicate that it will be alright.

The boy's body is limp as you assault him and pin him to the tree. After you're finished speaking, his eyes flicker for a moment and then he...laughs. Perhaps the events of the night have overwhelmed him to the point where he just has nothing left.

No words, no thought, just hollow, meaningless, laughter.
    Pitch curses, letting go of the man and punching him in the face. If that doesn't knock him unconscious, Pitch hits him again. And again. And again, until the stupid fool stops moving.

When the man lies unconscious in front of him, Pitch looks down at him, giving him one last kick for good measure. He goes over the the Absol and Audino, looking at the latter with concern.

"Are the two of you okay to travel back to camp?" he asks, worried about moving the Audino too far after its near-death experience."If not, I'll go grab the tent and double back, but I wouldn't be back until later," he says, loathing to leave them alone.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1314

Pitch curses, letting go of the man and punching him in the face. If that doesn't knock him unconscious, Pitch hits him again. And again. And again, until the stupid fool stops moving.

When the man lies unconscious in front of him, Pitch looks down at him, giving him one last kick for good measure. He goes over the the Absol and Audino, looking at the latter with concern.

"Are the two of you okay to travel back to camp?" he asks, worried about moving the Audino too far after its near-death experience."If not, I'll go grab the tent and double back, but I wouldn't be back until later," he says, loathing to leave them alone.
    The Ostra guy eventually succumbs to your fists and slouches over, unconscious. His body ragdolls amusingly when you kick it.

The Absol nods to your question, slinging the Audino over his back where she grabs hold and hangs on. "Sol," he says, indicating he's ready.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

You follow the path as it curves around, eventually leading to a lowered platform. You step on, and it rises up into the light above.

Once it locks into place, you find yourself across from Tanner on a metallic battlefield dotted with deep chasms inside a metallic dome. A referee to the side asks you both, "Are you ready?"

Tanner responds, "Let's do this!" and releases a Skarmory!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!

Few things about the Steel battlefield:
    - The reflective nature of the entire area blinds most Pokemon, requiring +2 AC to hit on any targeted moves.
    - Steel moves are powered up the same way Water ones are in rain or Fire ones are in sunny weather.
    - Otherwise, "steel" squares require normal movement, and those chasms are obviously unpassable except with Sky capacity.

PS the Skarmory has 13 speed (and all 'mons, like yours, are generically statted).
    Leo releases his personal team on the platform behind him. He crouched down and talked to them in low voices I can't use you guys for this battle, so just sit tight and enjoy the show alright?

He then turns to Tanner and releases Magmortar. Heat up the field. The field starts to heat up to a temperature more to the volcanic's pokemon's liking.

Spoiler
    Show
    SUNNY DAY! lasts 5 minutes. Fire x1.5, Water x.5
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-25 at 10:34 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

The Ostra guy eventually succumbs to your fists and slouches over, unconscious. His body ragdolls amusingly when you kick it.

The Absol nods to your question, slinging the Audino over his back where she grabs hold and hangs on. "Sol," he says, indicating he's ready.
    Pitch nods at the Absol in thanks, gathering up his team. He grabs the Pokeballs off the belts of the Ostra members, returning their teams and pocketing their Pokeballs.

"Thales, you carry the girl. I'll take this idiot," he says, trying to hoist the man and failing, instead deciding to drag him. It wasn't like he'd be in any shape to complain about it, would he?

"Inigan, Dilos, keep watch on Outlet and Carn. They're a little low on blood. Lighter, Keb, stick with me, alright? If something attacks, you're our best two choices. Understand?" Pitch says, beginning the long trek back to camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, did we get any EXP for the earlier fight, this fight, or the OH **** BLOOD stuff?

Show

27. - Top - End - #1317

Leo releases his personal team on the platform behind him. He crouched down and talked to them in low voices I can't use you guys for this battle, so just sit tight and enjoy the show alright?

He then turns to Tanner and releases Magmortar. Heat up the field. The field starts to heat up to a temperature more to the volcanic's pokemon's liking.

Spoiler
    Show
    SUNNY DAY! lasts 5 minutes. Fire x1.5, Water x.5
    "Yikes!" Tanner shouts as your Magmortar's maneuver brightens up the place even more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that there's even more light to reflect, each attack needs +3 AC to hit!

"Looks like you know your types well enough, Leo! Skarmory, make sure you're quick enough to avoid getting burned!"

The Skarmory flies over one of the far chasms and dashes back and forth in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Agility! (+2 Speed CS to 20, which also means it gets the next move as well, barring any shenanigans on your part.)

"Keep at it, Skarmory!" Remaining in place, the Skarmory folds some flaps down to become even more aerodynamic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Autotomize! (+2 more Speed CS increasing it to 26. Also lowered it a weight class if that comes up, to weight class 3.)

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yikes!" Tanner shouts as your Magmortar's maneuver brightens up the place even more.

"Looks like you know your types well enough, Leo! Skarmory, make sure you're quick enough to avoid getting burned!"

The Skarmory flies over one of the far chasms and dashes back and forth in the air.

"Keep at it, Skarmory!" Remaining in place, the Skarmory folds some flaps down to become even more aerodynamic.
    Magmortar, trap it! The red pokemon runs forwards and spews out a giant loop of flame that soars towards the skarmory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Spin (1d20)[5] AC 4+3(stage)+Evasion
    (1d12+38)[47] x1.5 for sunny day. Trap for (1d4+1)[3] turns.
    On crit (1d12+6)[16] also subject to sunny day multiplier.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319

Pitch nods at the Absol in thanks, gathering up his team. He grabs the Pokeballs off the belts of the Ostra members, returning their teams and pocketing their Pokeballs.

"Thales, you carry the girl. I'll take this idiot," he says, trying to hoist the man and failing, instead deciding to drag him. It wasn't like he'd be in any shape to complain about it, would he?

"Inigan, Dilos, keep watch on Outlet and Carn. They're a little low on blood. Lighter, Keb, stick with me, alright? If something attacks, you're our best two choices. Understand?" Pitch says, beginning the long trek back to camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, did we get any EXP for the earlier fight, this fight, or the OH **** BLOOD stuff?
    Carn is noticeably wobbly as your team travels through the woods back to camp. Inigan and Dilos help him maintain his focus and balance as best they can.

Thankfully, nothing attacks you during the trip and soon enough, your camp comes into sight.

30. - Top - End - #1320

Magmortar, trap it! The red pokemon runs forwards and spews out a giant loop of flame that soars towards the skarmory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Spin (1d20)[19] AC 4+3(stage)+Evasion
    (2d10+18)[37] x1.5 for sunny day. Trap for (2d10+8)[17] turns.
    On crit [roll3] also subject to sunny day multiplier.
    The Skarmory is able to maneuver through the air to avoid getting trapped by your Magmortar's rings of flame.

"Great job, Skarmory! Now make sure your attack hits!"

The Skarmory flies over to a different chasm and fires a stream of star-shaped objects at your Magmortar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift!
    AC for crit (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (2d10+18)[37]
    Damage: (2d10+8)[17]