Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo thanks the orderly, and goes to Piri Piri. Well how did you enjoy your first TM injection? According to some psychic pokemon, the process is supposed to feel ... interesting. Piri Piri grimaced and patted his stomach with one of his hands.

    It's alwasy food with you isn't it? The Darumaka nods vigorously. Well I just made some tomato soup. It's not as spicy as what mom made, but I don't have her kitchen or skill, sue me. Leo makes to eat at the nearest bench, but one of the nurses asks him to take it outside so others wouldn't be disturbed.

    Piri Piri ate gustily, spilling half his soup on the ground in his haste to get to it. Probably a good idea we ate outside. After they finished, Leo stood with a groan.

    Well, we still have some time before nightfall, how about we see if we can find some friends for you? If not, we can train by ourselves. Piri Piri nods vigorously and they head off to the edge of town, looking for trouble.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai nodded, and glanced up. Kamoho probably couldn't reach that far that quickly. "Okay! Kamoho - move in! Blast it with water!"

    The totodile paused for a moment. That sounded awfully like 'don't bite it'. And they'd started off so well too...

    Mordecai did note the hesitation, and smiled. "Just until you get closer. You can bite at it soon, I promise."

    Better be able to. The totodile stepped forward, delivering a blast of water from its mouth.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kamoho moves to F-7
    Kamoho uses water gun!

    Attack roll: (1d20)[14]
    Damage roll: (1d12+10)[16]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Thales takes the blast of water, using his shell to deflect most of it, taking barely any damage.

    "Thales. End this. Tackle."

    The Oshawott dashes forward, head down, aiming to drop the Totodile like the Cubchoo.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle!
    Normal, Physical
    AC: 3 (1d20) [20]
    Nah, just kidding. That roll isn't real. (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[26] 2d8+6 (Base) + 10 (Attack) + 1 (Ace)
    If a Crit happens (Please no) (2d8+6)[19]

    17 damage on that hit after your Defense.

    Oh, forgot shift. Goes to F8.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 08:35 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Kantolin, Arcran

    As the Oshawott slams into the Totodile, the earth suddenly shakes beneath all of you! Both pokemon fall over, and both of you stumble as well. A rumbling moves through the area from one side of your battlefield to the other. Suddenly, a trio of mole-like pokemon pop up from the ground! They seem to have taken exception to your little show of force above their home. It looks like they are discussing how best to approach...but it almost certainly will not be to talk.

    Spoiler
    Show
    New map!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 08:49 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo thanks the orderly, and goes to Piri Piri. Well how did you enjoy your first TM injection? According to some psychic pokemon, the process is supposed to feel ... interesting. Piri Piri grimaced and patted his stomach with one of his hands.

    It's alwasy food with you isn't it? The Darumaka nods vigorously. Well I just made some tomato soup. It's not as spicy as what mom made, but I don't have her kitchen or skill, sue me. Leo makes to eat at the nearest bench, but one of the nurses asks him to take it outside so others wouldn't be disturbed.

    Piri Piri ate gustily, spilling half his soup on the ground in his haste to get to it. Probably a good idea we ate outside. After they finished, Leo stood with a groan.

    Well, we still have some time before nightfall, how about we see if we can find some friends for you? If not, we can train by ourselves. Piri Piri nods vigorously and they head off to the edge of town, looking for trouble.
    You and Piri Piri make it a little bit outside of Wrystone's gates when you suddenly hear some rustling behind you. You turn around and all you can see is some bushes and trees.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo whipped around quickly, scanning the foliage quickly. Piri Piri walked forward and let out a low growl. Quiet Piri, you might provoke it. And here, eat this. He tossed a small red pepper to the little monkey.

    Earlier in the day, Leo had discovered that Piri Piri could only use inferno if he ate something spicy first. The little red pokemon looked at Leo with disdain, as if to say "Really, don't provoke it, but get ready to belch flames, that makes total sense." But food is food, and he ate the pepper anyways.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo whipped around quickly, scanning the foliage quickly. Piri Piri walked forward and let out a low growl. Quiet Piri, you might provoke it. And here, eat this. He tossed a small red pepper to the little monkey.

    Earlier in the day, Leo had discovered that Piri Piri could only use inferno if he ate something spicy first. The little red pokemon looked at Leo with disdain, as if to say "Really, don't provoke it, but get ready to belch flames, that makes total sense." But food is food, and he ate the pepper anyways.
    There seems to be nothing there at all. A cool breeze blows through the air and you hear some chirping above you. You look up and see a pair of bird pokemon on a low-hanging branch, evidently conversing with each other.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Hastily, Nikolas grabs the Pokeball containing the Gastly and stuffs it deep into his bag. He was going to have to deal with the purple gaseous Pokemon eventually but that could wait until he was feeling better, and not covered in ectoplasmic slime. Or at least, what he assumed was ectoplasmic slime. He really didn't know what to think when it came to ghost Pokemon.

    With the manor incident behind him, Nikolas bends down to once more Orobas. Like always, he owed that victory to the small Psychic Pokemon, and when he entered the Pokemon Center he would see to it that his Pokemon ate like a king.

    Provided of course, his wallet was willing. Until they reached the Pokemon Center though, the Abra would simply have to settle for head pats. Thankfully, the Pokemon seemed to enjoy this.

    He returns to town and looks for the Pokemon Center, eager to rest up before continuing on his journey. There was also the matter of Gastly to attend to. Avu had told him to call in case he needed advice. And from what he could see, Gastly was only 2 numbers behind Gengar in the Pokedex. Their wide faced smiles had to connected somehow, and Avu's own Gengar might know how to deal with his ghost problem.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Hastily, Nikolas grabs the Pokeball containing the Gastly and stuffs it deep into his bag. He was going to have to deal with the purple gaseous Pokemon eventually but that could wait until he was feeling better, and not covered in ectoplasmic slime. Or at least, what he assumed was ectoplasmic slime. He really didn't know what to think when it came to ghost Pokemon.

    With the manor incident behind him, Nikolas bends down to once more Orobas. Like always, he owed that victory to the small Psychic Pokemon, and when he entered the Pokemon Center he would see to it that his Pokemon ate like a king.

    Provided of course, his wallet was willing. Until they reached the Pokemon Center though, the Abra would simply have to settle for head pats. Thankfully, the Pokemon seemed to enjoy this.

    He returns to town and looks for the Pokemon Center, eager to rest up before continuing on his journey. There was also the matter of Gastly to attend to. Avu had told him to call in case he needed advice. And from what he could see, Gastly was only 2 numbers behind Gengar in the Pokedex. Their wide faced smiles had to connected somehow, and Avu's own Gengar might know how to deal with his ghost problem.
    The manor feels a lot less scary without the Gastly wreaking havoc around the place, as if the air of malevolence was being swept away entirely.

    Upon your return to the center of town, it looks like the crowd around the gym has died down a bit. There are still about a dozen people and the door is still locked and guarded. No one notices you as you walk by on your way to the Pokemon Center.

    Inside the center, you see a few trainers doing various things and the nurse behind the counter smiles at you. "Hello there! How may I help you, young man?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 09:42 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Noticing the trainers inside the Pokemon Center, Nikolas almost unconsciously adopts a blank expression, and presses his lips together into a surgically thing line. He knew it was silly but he had never quite felt comfortable with himself in public. He could almost feel the eyes on him whenever he went out, watching for even the slightest discoloration of his skin to peek out from underneath his clothing. He doubted things like this would change even if he was now a trainer.

    Not wanting to give away anything on his part he smoothly steps toward the counter, and places Orobas on the counter and slides over the Pokeball containing Gastly. "My Abra is injured and the Gastly I've caught probably isn't in much better shape," he says in a dulled monotone.

    "And do if there is anywhere private I could take a call?"

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Noticing the trainers inside the Pokemon Center, Nikolas almost unconsciously adopts a blank expression, and presses his lips together into a surgically thing line. He knew it was silly but he had never quite felt comfortable with himself in public. He could almost feel the eyes on him whenever he went out, watching for even the slightest discoloration of his skin to peek out from underneath his clothing. He doubted things like this would change even if he was now a trainer.

    Not wanting to give away anything on his part he smoothly steps toward the counter, and places Orobas on the counter and slides over the Pokeball containing Gastly. "My Abra is injured and the Gastly I've caught probably isn't in much better shape," he says in a dulled monotone.

    "And do if there is anywhere private I could take a call?"
    The nurse dutifully takes your pokemon to patch up. "Right away, Sir. There's the trainer cot room over there, I don't believe anyone is in there right now," she says, pointing to a door on your left. She walks off to get your pokemon healed. "An orderly will come get you when your pokemon are set to go."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch looks at the newcomers. They'd be more fun. As much as he wants to just straight up finish this fight with the Totodile, has has no choice but to delay this battle.

    "Perhaps some other time," he says to Mordecai. "Thales. New foes. Let's go," he says, jogging over, the Oshawott trotting after him. He thinks of pulling out his switchblade; it would help if they got too close. He flicks it open, the sound of the blade coming out like a symphony to his ears.

    It's been too long old friend.

    "Thales," Pitch whispers at his Pokemon. "Thales, when you attack, aim to kill. No mercy."

    The Oshawott looks back in a face that is a mix of shock, horror, and, could it be? a little pleasure?

    "Yes, kill. Like the Cubchoo."

    The Oshawott turns back. While the Cubchoo had been an accident, this would be on purpose. He really hadn't meant to break the bear's back. Sure, he wanted to win badly, but it was an accident. This is murder. But, it did feel good. To win so completely. Anyways, this was an order from his trainer. He wasn't killing them, he was just following orders. Right? His trainer was the killer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch to J10, Thales to J9.


    Pitch takes the time to scan the moles as well as the Pokemon Mordecai is using.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 10:43 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas nods coolly and manages to find the trainer cot room without any difficulties. When he is certain he is alone he digs out his special Magnemite ball and sets to work on repairing it. It was an old make, but he was familiar with the design and would take special care to fix it. It was his very first Pokeball after all.

    Target DC 15 - (1d20+10)[18]

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas nods coolly and manages to find the trainer cot room without any difficulties. When he is certain he is alone he digs out his special Magnemite ball and sets to work on repairing it. It was an old make, but he was familiar with the design and would take special care to fix it. It was his very first Pokeball after all.

    Target DC 15 - [roll0]
    After your careful repairs, the old pokeball clicks together and you can feel that it is back to fully operational status. It feels natural in your hands. As you rotate it to examine it, the holographic sticker glistens, possibly a little brighter than before.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Arcran, Kantolin

    The three Drilbur are still ostensibly discussing strategy. One is merely pointing at the four of you and slashing at the air. Another is shaking his head and motioning to stay put. As they argue back and forth, the third one looks to just be laughing at his friends and seems generally happy.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo looked up at the birds, frowning. The birds must be rare if he didn't recognize them on sight, were they escaped from the safari zone? They didn't seem to be aggressive, but that might change. He dug in his pockets, and pulled out a few more peppers, offering them to the birds. Would you like something to eat?

    Piri Piri shot a glare at Leo, those were his peppers, not some peabrained bird's. But that tea earlier was simply volcanic. He'd let it slide ... for now.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo looked up at the birds, frowning. The birds must be rare if he didn't recognize them on sight, were they escaped from the safari zone? They didn't seem to be aggressive, but that might change. He dug in his pockets, and pulled out a few more peppers, offering them to the birds. Would you like something to eat?

    Piri Piri shot a glare at Leo, those were his peppers, not some peabrained bird's. But that tea earlier was simply volcanic. He'd let it slide ... for now.
    The birds slowly fly down toward your extended hand, but suddenly another pokemon appears out of the bush beside you! The birds are scared away, and this chubby new pokemon swipes the peppers from your hand and promptly waddles away while eating them. It's fur is mostly a bluish hue with some whitish patches. It has a pair of pointy ears sticking out of the top of it's head. You think back to your endless research and realize it must be a Munchlax. Luckily for you, Munchlaxes aren't exactly known for their speed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yeowch! Okay Kamo-"

    In which the ground quaked. In came a trio of wild pokemon. And thus, training and instinct promptly took over - he had trained for scenarios much like this one. Don't let them get prepared. Out came his styler in a whirl.

    "Kamoho! Come by me - strike the middle one - another blast of water so you can get in close!"

    Kamoho was far less than psyched. He leaned slightly towards the oshawott.

    "Kamoho! They'll come to us!"

    Grr, he'd been promised a bite. Still, he listened once again - stepping towards Mordecai and doing another blast of water at the one in the middle.

    Mordecai, for his part, sent out his styler - twirling it with an expert arc around the upper one. "Come on..." He'd done this in controlled environments, but this would be his first time doing so in an actually hostile environment. Still, he focused on his training - wilds he was more used to. He wanted to get their attention so they'd focus in his direction, and not towards the other trainer who he just realized he didn't have a name for.

    You didn't putz around with wilds.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The less happy Kamoho will move to B4 and watergun D2!
    Mordecai will attempt to restrain on D1!

    Restrain attempt: (1d100-20)[61]
    Watergun Attack roll: (1d20)[19]
    Watergun damage roll: (1d12+10)[17]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch looks at the newcomers. They'd be more fun. As much as he wants to just straight up finish this fight with the Totodile, has has no choice but to delay this battle.

    "Perhaps some other time," he says to Mordecai. "Thales. New foes. Let's go," he says, jogging over, the Oshawott trotting after him. He thinks of pulling out his switchblade; it would help if they got too close. He flicks it open, the sound of the blade coming out like a symphony to his ears.

    It's been too long old friend.

    "Thales," Pitch whispers at his Pokemon. "Thales, when you attack, aim to kill. No mercy."

    The Oshawott looks back in a face that is a mix of shock, horror, and, could it be? a little pleasure?

    "Yes, kill. Like the Cubchoo."

    The Oshawott turns back. While the Cubchoo had been an accident, this would be on purpose. He really hadn't meant to break the bear's back. Sure, he wanted to win badly, but it was an accident. This is murder. But, it did feel good. To win so completely. Anyways, this was an order from his trainer. He wasn't killing them, he was just following orders. Right? His trainer was the killer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch to J10, Thales to J9.


    Pitch takes the time to scan the moles as well as the Pokemon Mordecai is using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeowch! Okay Kamo-"

    In which the ground quaked. In came a trio of wild pokemon. And thus, training and instinct promptly took over - he had trained for scenarios much like this one. Don't let them get prepared. Out came his styler in a whirl.

    "Kamoho! Come by me - strike the middle one - another blast of water so you can get in close!"

    Kamoho was far less than psyched. He leaned slightly towards the oshawott.

    "Kamoho! They'll come to us!"

    Grr, he'd been promised a bite. Still, he listened once again - stepping towards Mordecai and doing another blast of water at the one in the middle.

    Mordecai, for his part, sent out his styler - twirling it with an expert arc around the upper one. "Come on..." He'd done this in controlled environments, but this would be his first time doing so in an actually hostile environment. Still, he focused on his training - wilds he was more used to. He wanted to get their attention so they'd focus in his direction, and not towards the other trainer who he just realized he didn't have a name for.

    You didn't putz around with wilds.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The less happy Kamoho will move to B4 and watergun D2!
    Mordecai will attempt to restrain on D1!

    Restrain attempt: [roll0]
    Watergun Attack roll: [roll1]
    Watergun damage roll: [roll2]



    Unfortunately the Drilbur you attempt to restrain is able to break free of your styler. The spray of water from your Totodile does hit home, however. That Drilbur is clearly dazed from the blow.

    The Drilbur quickly resolve their argument when "revenge on the human with the whip" becomes their number one priority. The trio moves as one pretty intimidating group toward Mordecai and Kamoho. The one in the back (the one that was hit by Kamoho's attack) has a bloodthirsty gleam in its eye.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Movement as per map, they all used mud sport for +3 irrelevance points.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas smiles at a job well done. He didn't know about many Pokemon but he knew just the species he was going to catch with this very ball. After admiring his work, Nikolas restores the ball to its resting place in his bag. Hopefully his Pokemon were ready. He definitely wanted to get some training in with Orobas before he moved onto the next city.

    He gets up and exits the cot room, reflexively putting on his 'public' face. Where were the orderlies supposed to be? If his Pokemon weren't ready he would just go shopping to buy some Pokemon supplies. And Orobas still needed food.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Thale, get closer to behind them. We'll let those two take the hits for now."

    The Oshawott agrees; he isn't really close enough to do much right now either. Better to let those two get hit anyways.

    We haven't hurt them, so hopefully they won't do anything. Maybe that other trainer will attack them again; then they'll hit them for sure.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thale to M6, Pitch to M7.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo looked on in amazement as the pokemon just walked away with the peppers. Munchlax were known for eating anything and everything, so getting rid of those peppers would probably upset it. Time to test his skill as a trainer. You can't just take food from people whenever you feel like it. He told the munchlax, who studiously ignored him.

    Piri, time to use that pepper you ate, flame it. The Darumaka was more than happy to oblige his trainer. He had been content with letting the birds get it. But if anyone were going to steal peppers, it would be him, and only him. He ran up to the small blue pokemon and loosed a gout of flame at it, hopefully burning those peppers before it could eat any.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Darumaka uses incinerate. AC 2 (1d10+5)[10] fire damage, 1d10+4 base 1 spAtk. On crit, (1d10+4)[7]. This burns berries, so I figure it might burn peppers too. Piri Piri shifts to F7. Leo shifts to G6
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 11:02 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Alright!"

    Mordecai knelt, briefly. "Kamoho - look at that one."

    The totodile glowered at the trainer... but did look. And he blinked.

    "Yeah, he's really mad, huh? You hit him pretty hard. Not as fun as biting, I know, but just look at the guy!"

    Huh. The totodile watched.

    "So hey - give the lower one a blast. Make him just as mad." And with this, Mordecai stylered D1 once again. While the totodile still wasn't happy with this not-biting nonsense... sure, he'd try water blasting once more.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The tolerating Kamoho will watergun D3!
    Mordecai will attempt to restrain D1 again!

    Restrain attempt: (1d100-20)[10]
    Watergun Attack roll: (1d20)[4]
    Watergun damage roll: (1d12+10)[11]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas smiles at a job well done. He didn't know about many Pokemon but he knew just the species he was going to catch with this very ball. After admiring his work, Nikolas restores the ball to its resting place in his bag. Hopefully his Pokemon were ready. He definitely wanted to get some training in with Orobas before he moved onto the next city.

    He gets up and exits the cot room, reflexively putting on his 'public' face. Where were the orderlies supposed to be? If his Pokemon weren't ready he would just go shopping to buy some Pokemon supplies. And Orobas still needed food.
    As you're about to walk out of the center, the nurse calls out to you. "Sir! Your pokemon are ready. Sorry about the orderlies, they'll all off at the gym for some reason." She hands you back your Abra and your pokeball with Gastly inside of it. "Is there anything else I can help you with today, Sir?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thale, get closer to behind them. We'll let those two take the hits for now."

    The Oshawott agrees; he isn't really close enough to do much right now either. Better to let those two get hit anyways.

    We haven't hurt them, so hopefully they won't do anything. Maybe that other trainer will attack them again; then they'll hit them for sure.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thale to M6, Pitch to M7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Alright!"

    Mordecai knelt, briefly. "Kamoho - look at that one."

    The totodile glowered at the trainer... but did look. And he blinked.

    "Yeah, he's really mad, huh? You hit him pretty hard. Not as fun as biting, I know, but just look at the guy!"

    Huh. The totodile watched.

    "So hey - give the lower one a blast. Make him just as mad." And with this, Mordecai stylered D1 once again. While the totodile still wasn't happy with this not-biting nonsense... sure, he'd try water blasting once more.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The tolerating Kamoho will watergun D3!
    Mordecai will attempt to restrain D1 again!

    Restrain attempt: [roll0]
    Watergun Attack roll: [roll1]
    Watergun damage roll: [roll2]

    Your practice pays off as your styler deftly wraps around the Drilbur, restraining it completely. It fights for a bit but eventually resigns itself to obeying your commands. It looks at you expectantly.

    The third Drilbur manages to dodge Kamoho's stream of water! It looks to be a bit quicker than the other two. The two Drilbur who are still free to move look angry about their friend being restrained. They advance toward Mordecai and Kamoho.

    None of them seem to notice Pitch and Thanes sneaking around behind them.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Mordecai's voice seemed to echo, just for a moment. "Keep back! Away from the conflict!"

    And then to the slightly startled Kamoho, "Okay now, buddy. Try it again - line it up!"

    And with a hurl, he threw the pokeball. Kamoho was in fact too startled to do anything other than listen to Mordecai's statement.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The startled Kamoho will attempt antoher blast at D3!
    Mordecai orders the restrained pokemon to keep away from combat!
    Mordecai will attempt to capture D2!

    Pokeball attempt: (1d100+5)[25]
    Watergun Attack roll: (1d20)[18]
    Watergun damage roll: (1d12+10)[17]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Before he could wave her away, Nikolas realized there was something he needed to ask about. "Actually, there is something I require assistance with." Once more digging into his bag, he retrieves the purple syringe planted behind the Orum Town Gym. "I would like to know what kind of technique is stored within this vial and which of my Pokemon is compatible with it."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Alright Thales, take the restrained one. No survivors. I've got the last one," Pitch says, dashing up and tossing a Pokeball. The Drilbur could be useful. Anyways, if they're used to a group, they should be easy to break solo.

    He pulls back. That stupid trainer had thrown a Pokeball at the one he was going to catch. Whatever. He would catch one. Pitch lobs his Pokeball at the other one that had been attacked.

    The Oshawott listens, getting on all fours to rush at the other Drilbur. Just following orders...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch throws his Pokeball at 3. (1d100+5)[37]
    Thales runs to J3 and Tackles D1.
    AC: 3 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[24]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[18]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-15 at 11:29 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo looked on in amazement as the pokemon just walked away with the peppers. Munchlax were known for eating anything and everything, so getting rid of those peppers would probably upset it. Time to test his skill as a trainer. You can't just take food from people whenever you feel like it. He told the munchlax, who studiously ignored him.

    Piri, time to use that pepper you ate, flame it. The Darumaka was more than happy to oblige his trainer. He had been content with letting the birds get it. But if anyone were going to steal peppers, it would be him, and only him. He ran up to the small blue pokemon and loosed a gout of flame at it, hopefully burning those peppers before it could eat any.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Darumaka uses incinerate. AC 2 [roll0] fire damage, 1d10+4 base 1 spAtk. On crit, [roll1]. This burns berries, so I figure it might burn peppers too. Piri Piri shifts to F7. Leo shifts to G6
    Piri Piri's stream of flame hits the Munchlax and burns away the peppers it had been holding in its hand. Only a light singe mark appears on the Munchlax's fur, it doesn't even seem to feel it. What it clearly does feel is sadness. The Munchlax waddles toward you, very clearly pouting. It looks like it's about to cry. It looks hungry.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Mordecai's voice seemed to echo, just for a moment. "Keep back! Away from the conflict!"

    And then to the slightly startled Kamoho, "Okay now, buddy. Try it again - line it up!"

    And with a hurl, he threw the pokeball. Kamoho was in fact too startled to do anything other than listen to Mordecai's statement.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The startled Kamoho will attempt antoher blast at D3!
    Mordecai orders the restrained pokemon to keep away from combat!
    Mordecai will attempt to capture D2!

    Pokeball attempt: [roll0]
    Watergun Attack roll: [roll1]
    Watergun damage roll: [roll2]

    This time Kamoho's aim is true, and the third Drilbur stumbles backwards a bit following the hit.

    Your pokeball makes contact with the second Drilbur and a stream of energy pulls it inside. The pokeball drops to the ground, jumps around a bit, but settles to a stop fairly quickly. You caught Drilbur!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 4
    Ability: Sand Force
    Nature: Adamant
    Base Stats
    HP 6
    Attack 9 (+2)
    Defense 4
    SATK 3 (-2)
    SDEF 5
    Speed 7
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •