New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,487 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo releases his ghost/ground monolith with a smile. Looks like it's time to get serious then. Golurk use DynamicPunch! The golem activated his no guard ability and slammed his fist into the lunatone with unnerving accuracy, doing even more damage to to its iron fist ability.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dynamo punch auto hit + bonus damage from iron fist + confusion. Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show
    DAT STRATEGY

All at once, the Lunatone's face is caved in so hard by your Golurk's attack that it can't see or think straight.

"Whoa, I have never seen that attack hit! Lunatone, try to put it to sleep before it can follow up!"

Unfortunately her commands fall on deaf...ears? The Lunatone is lost in its own world and just spins around pointlessly, hurting itself in the process.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2013-03-28 at 03:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Shaking his head sheepishly, Nikolas can only answer in the negative. "Ah, no. What's Ion Grotto? Is it...a bad place?"
    Quinn nods her head, "It's a cave full of electric Pokemon who live there because of the naturally occurring surges of electricity. I can't imagine what Ostra would want with it...but if they took Penny's father here, we should be prepared for anything.

Hang on, I should call this in and request backup.
    "

She rings up Xylo HQ and informs them of the situation.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

That definitely didn't sound good. If Ostra was meeting up for any reason they had to be up to no good. "Ah, sounds kind of dangerous. I-I hope they haven't hurt him or anything..." Which mean trouble for them and Penny's father. This was intensely worrying. Frowning, Nikolas reaches to his belt and detaches Loki's pokeball. "Lok-my Gastly can see in the dark. He should be able to help us in case things get too hard to navigate," he explains.

With Loki and Orobas out any potential dangers were significantly reduced and even then he had Ten tucked away in case of emergency. Praelia deserved her rest, after what she was put through. Turning to Quinn he nods, "Ready to go when you are."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Injuries gained this round: Outlet (KOed. These bastards will BURN)

The rain of seeds decimates Pitch’s team; many fall under the barrage of attacks. Dilos and Inigan hold firm, their Poisonous nature allowing them to take Grass blows all day. Outlet is dropped by the barrage, causing Pitch to glare menacingly at his foe. Lighter barely stays standing, but is obviously injured. Rope’s vines absorb the blows easily, and Carn’s wings knock away half the barrage, the other barrage barely hurting him through his thick carapace.

Big mistake, Pitch says as he lunges to attack the Shiftry, but the laughter had cut the edge off of his focus. The knife slips in his hand, slicing open his palm, blood spilling out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will just use the base damage, if that’s okay. It’s 12 Base, plus Pitch’s newly boosted 20 Attack for 32, -8 Defense for 24/2 (resist Confusion Struggles) for a final of 12.

Thales, he manages to choke out through his Confusion, pointing at the Shiftry in front of him. Aerial Ace.

Thales didn’t even need a command; before Pitch even gave the order Thales was leaping forward, swinging his shell down in an arc to try to finish this fight before it can truly start. Pitch needed his help!

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: HIT (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (2d6+24)[33]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[12]

After seeing Thales leap to his defense, Pitch regains composure, beginning to send out other commands.

Lighter! Get that one off Outlet! Pitch shouts, wanting to ensure the safety of his Shinx. The Charmander complies, more than happy to burn wood that isn’t already dead. While hurt, Lighter moves towards his objective.

Spoiler
    Show
    Targeting K11.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (2d6+22)[29]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[16]

Pitch quickly tries to plan out his next move. Carn could easily take another hit, but the snakes were running low and had three near them. Finishing those ones off quickly would allow him to bring Inigan somewhere else while Dilos finished off the other.

Inigan! Dilos! Finish those two off! he shouts, hoping they target their previous targets.

The snakes do not disappoint, once again firing darts into the darkness to try to finish off the two Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking some ones they hit last time; not quite sure which those are.
    Poison Sting (Inigan)
    AC: 2 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[23]
    Crit: (1d8+5)[9]

Poison Sting (Dilos)
    AC: 2 (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[16]
    Crit: (1d8+5)[8]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    DAT STRATEGY

All at once, the Lunatone's face is caved in so hard by your Golurk's attack that it can't see or think straight.

"Whoa, I have never seen that attack hit! Lunatone, try to put it to sleep before it can follow up!"

Unfortunately her commands fall on deaf...ears? The Lunatone is lost in its own world and just spins around pointlessly, hurting itself in the process.
    Keep up the good work. Shadow Punch.
    The Golurk uses a ghost punch this time, which also hits for extra damage due to iron fist.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #1476

That definitely didn't sound good. If Ostra was meeting up for any reason they had to be up to no good. "Ah, sounds kind of dangerous. I-I hope they haven't hurt him or anything..." Which mean trouble for them and Penny's father. This was intensely worrying. Frowning, Nikolas reaches to his belt and detaches Loki's pokeball. "Lok-my Gastly can see in the dark. He should be able to help us in case things get too hard to navigate," he explains.

With Loki and Orobas out any potential dangers were significantly reduced and even then he had Ten tucked away in case of emergency. Praelia deserved her rest, after what she was put through. Turning to Quinn he nods, "Ready to go when you are."
    When you tell Quinn about Loki, she gives you a nod. "Perfect. It'll be rather dark in there, so that'll be invaluable."

Quinn finishes her report and gestures for you that she's ready. You two travel just a bit further before reaching the entrance to Ion Grotto.

"Wish us luck, Nikolas. We're going to need it." She sends out a floating lantern Pokemon which provides you two some traveling light. Together, you venture inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    The cave's setup is on the maps page for your perusal. Orange "rooms" are trainer battles (one's the side mission battle), red rooms are encounters with wild Pokemon, pink rooms are items on the ground, usually behind orange or red rooms, and the two blue tiles lead to one another.

7. - Top - End - #1477

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Injuries gained this round: Outlet (KOed. These bastards will BURN)

The rain of seeds decimates Pitch’s team; many fall under the barrage of attacks. Dilos and Inigan hold firm, their Poisonous nature allowing them to take Grass blows all day. Outlet is dropped by the barrage, causing Pitch to glare menacingly at his foe. Lighter barely stays standing, but is obviously injured. Rope’s vines absorb the blows easily, and Carn’s wings knock away half the barrage, the other barrage barely hurting him through his thick carapace.

Big mistake, Pitch says as he lunges to attack the Shiftry, but the laughter had cut the edge off of his focus. The knife slips in his hand, slicing open his palm, blood spilling out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will just use the base damage, if that’s okay. It’s 12 Base, plus Pitch’s newly boosted 20 Attack for 32, -8 Defense for 24/2 (resist Confusion Struggles) for a final of 12.

Thales, he manages to choke out through his Confusion, pointing at the Shiftry in front of him. Aerial Ace.

Thales didn’t even need a command; before Pitch even gave the order Thales was leaping forward, swinging his shell down in an arc to try to finish this fight before it can truly start. Pitch needed his help!

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: HIT [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]

After seeing Thales leap to his defense, Pitch regains composure, beginning to send out other commands.

Lighter! Get that one off Outlet! Pitch shouts, wanting to ensure the safety of his Shinx. The Charmander complies, more than happy to burn wood that isn’t already dead. While hurt, Lighter moves towards his objective.

Spoiler
    Show
    Targeting K11.
    AC: 2 [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Crit: [roll5]

Pitch quickly tries to plan out his next move. Carn could easily take another hit, but the snakes were running low and had three near them. Finishing those ones off quickly would allow him to bring Inigan somewhere else while Dilos finished off the other.

Inigan! Dilos! Finish those two off! he shouts, hoping they target their previous targets.

The snakes do not disappoint, once again firing darts into the darkness to try to finish off the two Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking some ones they hit last time; not quite sure which those are.
    Poison Sting (Inigan)
    AC: 2 [roll6]
    Damage: [roll7]
    Crit: [roll8]

Poison Sting (Dilos)
    AC: 2 [roll9]
    Damage: [roll10]
    Crit: [roll11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't count Outlet out quite yet!

Outlet is buried under the strongest barrage of seeds to the point where you cannot even see him any longer.

The beast continues to laugh at you as you cut yourself in blind rage. Without taking its eyes off you, the Shiftry raises an arm to brace itself against Thales' attack. The force elicits a grunt from the Shiftry, but it shrugs the blow off.

Lighter's burst of flame scorches his target and drops the Nuzleaf to its knees, the heat proving almost too hot to endure. It stumbles forward into sight, barely conscious.

Inigan and Dilos once again strike true, knocking out the two Nuzleaf closest to them.

With the younger assailants neutralized, the leader signals for the other larger ones to step out from the shadows. The northeastern one steps out to face Carn without any fear in its eyes. The western one steps out between Inigan and Dilos, apparently intending to take them both on at once.

The eastern one steps up to the pile of seeds covering Outlet and sifts through them with malicious intent. When it finds the prone body of the Shinx, it raises a leafy arm in preparation for a Coup de Grâce.

Time seems to slow down as you're helpless to prevent the incoming execution. As you watch the Shiftry start to bring its arm down, suddenly you see movement in the seeds! A black-blue blur blasts the Shiftry backwards, leaping onto it with frozen fangs. Outlet--bigger and stronger now--tears the beast apart in a reckless fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet evolved into Luxio!
    And also learned Ice Fang, no big deal.
    Mechanics stuff: place him at 1 HP, same number of injuries still.

Your foes are too shocked by the turn of events to take any further actions, and your team is reinvigorated after watching Outlet's surge.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Keep up the good work. Shadow Punch.
    The Golurk uses a ghost punch this time, which also hits for extra damage due to iron fist.
    Your one-two punch of, well, punches proves too much for the Lunatone to withstand, and the floating rock drifts to the floor unconscious.

"Dang! Guess I won't be getting that Larvitar," Minnie says sadly.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won and have advanced to round 3!
    Piri Piri's eyes widened when he saw the Ninetales release that intense burst of flame. He gains 10 Exp!
    Nightlock is further amazed by your Venusaur's endurance. He gains 15 Exp!
    Sicarius practices his one-two combo, emulating your Golurk's powerful blows. He gains 15 Exp!
    Buela admires your Venusaur's bravery against all odds. She gains 10 Exp!
    Xianti's still just lost in her own world. She gains 5 Exp.

You're one of the first few trainers back into the lobby, since your fight was decidedly one-sided. Jill herself walks up to you and says, "Congratulations on advancing to the Sweet Sixteen, Mr. Blackwell!"

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Your one-two punch of, well, punches proves too much for the Lunatone to withstand, and the floating rock drifts to the floor unconscious.

"Dang! Guess I won't be getting that Larvitar," Minnie says sadly.

Spoiler
    Show
    You won and have advanced to round 3!
    Piri Piri's eyes widened when he saw the Ninetales release that intense burst of flame. He gains 10 Exp!
    Nightlock is further amazed by your Venusaur's endurance. He gains 15 Exp!
    Sicarius practices his one-two combo, emulating your Golurk's powerful blows. He gains 15 Exp!
    Buela admires your Venusaur's bravery against all odds. She gains 10 Exp!
    Xianti's still just lost in her own world. She gains 5 Exp.

You're one of the first few trainers back into the lobby, since your fight was decidedly one-sided. Jill herself walks up to you and says, "Congratulations on advancing to the Sweet Sixteen, Mr. Blackwell!"
    Leo inclined his head respectfully. This was a woman that deserved respect. Not only was she the genius who created the pokemon storage system that all trainers used, but she was also proactively trying to make the trainers in Wuhtu go to a higher level. She was certainly a person to pay attention to.

Thank you Ms. Bales. Hopefully I can make it all the way, but it's only going to keep getting harder from here. The experience gap between me and the veterans will soon become apparent.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

Dropping his voice to a harsh whisper, Nikolas points Loki toward the corridor straight ahead of them. "Loki, Quinn and I going to be moving through the caverns in search of the...bad guys, okay? What I want you to do is to keep yourself hidden while we run in to rescue somebody. Keep yourself hidden and 'play games' with them the way you used to do with me. Remember how we met at the mansion? I need you to do the same to them. I know it's a lot to ask from you, especially since it's so dangerous but we have important work to do here so I know you won't let me down."

Cracking a small smile, he holds out his hand to rub at Loki's head, hoping that the gas Pokemon keeps his form stable long enough to rub at the Gastly's 'skull.' "You like having 'fun' right? Because these guys? They definitely deserve it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gastly have Invisibility as well as the Phasing capability. I'm basically giving him free reign in the fights ahead to lay down some mischief with moves Hypnosis or Will-O-Wisp and then backing out while we mop up. Do I still need to command Loki for this or can it be expected that he knows exactly what to do?

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #1481

Leo inclined his head respectfully. This was a woman that deserved respect. Not only was she the genius who created the pokemon storage system that all trainers used, but she was also proactively trying to make the trainers in Wuhtu go to a higher level. She was certainly a person to pay attention to.

Thank you Ms. Bales. Hopefully I can make it all the way, but it's only going to keep getting harder from here. The experience gap between me and the veterans will soon become apparent.
    Jill gives you a reassuring nod. "You've definitely got a shot! Everyone loves an underdog. We'll all be watching, Mr. Blackwell." She smiles and leaves to greet the next winner who's just returned.

At this point there are still only a handful of trainers in the room. The only one you recognize is Pete, who's similarly looking around the room for someone he knows. He spots you and waves. "Over here, leo!"

12. - Top - End - #1482

Dropping his voice to a harsh whisper, Nikolas points Loki toward the corridor straight ahead of them. "Loki, Quinn and I going to be moving through the caverns in search of the...bad guys, okay? What I want you to do is to keep yourself hidden while we run in to rescue somebody. Keep yourself hidden and 'play games' with them the way you used to do with me. Remember how we met at the mansion? I need you to do the same to them. I know it's a lot to ask from you, especially since it's so dangerous but we have important work to do here so I know you won't let me down."

Cracking a small smile, he holds out his hand to rub at Loki's head, hoping that the gas Pokemon keeps his form stable long enough to rub at the Gastly's 'skull.' "You like having 'fun' right? Because these guys? They definitely deserve it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gastly have Invisibility as well as the Phasing capability. I'm basically giving him free reign in the fights ahead to lay down some mischief with moves Hypnosis or Will-O-Wisp and then backing out while we mop up. Do I still need to command Loki for this or can it be expected that he knows exactly what to do?
    Loki listens intently to your instructions, and his face lights up right away at the mention of messing with people. After you're done speaking, he gives you another lick and promptly phases through the nearest wall.

Soon enough, you hear the familiar echoes of laughter from back in the mansion. Some voices from the next room down the passage in front of you exchange increasingly panicked conversation.

"Did you...did you hear that?
    "Hear what?"

...More laughter from Loki.

"THAT! Are you telling me you can't hear that?"
    "It's just your imagination, Nia."
    "No, I know I heard something. Hello? Is someone there? ...Is something there?"
    "Shush, you'll get us in--"

You hear a distant thud, as if a person suddenly fell down.

"G-g-g-GHOST!"

Quinn can't help but start laughing. "Showtime?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2013-03-28 at 09:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas can only shudder when he hears the laughter echo through the caverns. He knew was the one who asked Loki to do it, but did the ghost Pokemon really have to be so good at it. Snapping himself out of his reverie in time for the thumping body, Nikolas turns to Quinn and points head while harshly whispering. "C'mon, lets go!"

Nodding at Orobas, Nikolas quickly picks up a rock on his way in, ready to throw it in case of danger.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #1484

Nikolas can only shudder when he hears the laughter echo through the caverns. He knew was the one who asked Loki to do it, but did the ghost Pokemon really have to be so good at it. Snapping himself out of his reverie in time for the thumping body, Nikolas turns to Quinn and points head while harshly whispering. "C'mon, lets go!"

Nodding at Orobas, Nikolas quickly picks up a rock on his way in, ready to throw it in case of danger.
    You and Quinn run into the next room and see Nia trying to wake her friend, to no avail. "Very funny Lenny, now get up before I slap you silly." She hears you walk in and starts saying, "Help me wake this idiot--"

Then she sees you're not Ostra and instantly stands up, assuming a battle stance. Looks like she's trained in Martial Arts. "Rangers? I didn't think you resorted to this kind of trickery with ghosts and ****."

Quinn doesn't take the bait, instead saying, "Look, Nia is it? We know you have a little girl's father somewhere in this cave, we just came to retrieve him..."

"Fat chance, Ranger scum!" She throws out her first Pokemon, a medium sized blue humanoid which immediately flexes its muscles upon release.

"The hard way it is, then." Quinn gestures for her Lampent to engage the Machoke.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're up!

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly intimidated by the larger Pokemon's impressive physique, Nikolas shies away and hesitates slightly before getting his head back into the game. "This isn't the time for that.Penny's dad is counting on me. Orobas is counting on me." Running in, Nikolas hurls his rock at the Pokemon's head while at the same time directing Orobas toward their mutual target. "G-go, Orobas! Don't give it a chance to fight back!" They could get through this together. Orobas was a strong a Pokemon. And he was a...he wasn't a weak trainer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nikolas
    Shift to J9.
    Accuracy Check (4): (1d20)[20]
    -- Damage (Physical/Normal): (1d8+14)[17] + (1d8+5)[7] = 24.

Orobas
    Shift to J7.
    Accuracy Check (2): (1d20)[5]
    -- Damage (Special/Dragon): (2d6+27)[35]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-03-28 at 09:57 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ettin in the Playground

Jill gives you a reassuring nod. "You've definitely got a shot! Everyone loves an underdog. We'll all be watching, Mr. Blackwell." She smiles and leaves to greet the next winner who's just returned.

At this point there are still only a handful of trainers in the room. The only one you recognize is Pete, who's similarly looking around the room for someone he knows. He spots you and waves. "Over here, leo!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any particular reason her voice changed color?

Leo waves back when he spots Pete. Leo beamed to make it clear how his match had turned out. Hey Pete, you win?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't count Outlet out quite yet!

Outlet is buried under the strongest barrage of seeds to the point where you cannot even see him any longer.

The beast continues to laugh at you as you cut yourself in blind rage. Without taking its eyes off you, the Shiftry raises an arm to brace itself against Thales' attack. The force elicits a grunt from the Shiftry, but it shrugs the blow off.

Lighter's burst of flame scorches his target and drops the Nuzleaf to its knees, the heat proving almost too hot to endure. It stumbles forward into sight, barely conscious.

Inigan and Dilos once again strike true, knocking out the two Nuzleaf closest to them.

With the younger assailants neutralized, the leader signals for the other larger ones to step out from the shadows. The northeastern one steps out to face Carn without any fear in its eyes. The western one steps out between Inigan and Dilos, apparently intending to take them both on at once.

The eastern one steps up to the pile of seeds covering Outlet and sifts through them with malicious intent. When it finds the prone body of the Shinx, it raises a leafy arm in preparation for a Coup de Grâce.

Time seems to slow down as you're helpless to prevent the incoming execution. As you watch the Shiftry start to bring its arm down, suddenly you see movement in the seeds! A black-blue blur blasts the Shiftry backwards, leaping onto it with frozen fangs. Outlet--bigger and stronger now--tears the beast apart in a reckless fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Outlet evolved into Luxio!
    And also learned Ice Fang, no big deal.
    Mechanics stuff: place him at 1 HP, same number of injuries still.

Your foes are too shocked by the turn of events to take any further actions, and your team is reinvigorated after watching Outlet's surge.
    Pitch tries to take advantage of the surprise on the face of the tree Pokemon, but is once again stumbles, dazed and confused by whatever magic that RNG Shiftry had cast upon him, plunging his knife into his thigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another 12 damage. Pitch gets an Injury for that one.

He tries to relay commands, this time slurring his speech from the lost blood.

Thales, help, he sputters, a little woozy from the lost blood. Any healing the Potion had done was now completely gone.

Thales backs up, before rushing forward, swiping his shell across his body in a wide arc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thales uses False Swipe!
    AC: 2 (1d20)[6]
    Damage: (1d8+21)[28]
    Crit: (1d8+5)[9]

Pitch feels himself rapidly losing the energy to speak, so he does the most important thing; he gets Outlet out of harms way.

Outlet! Hit the weakened one! Pitch tries to shout, but really only gets out at a speaking tone.

Outlet rushes forward, faster, stronger, and better than ever before. He leaps forward, trying to slam into the Nuzleaf...

Spoiler
    Show
    TACKLE TIME
    AC: 3 (1d20)[9]
    IF FEMALE: (1d8+25)[31]
    IF MALE: (2d6+26)[28]
    FEMALE CRIT: (1d8+7)[11]
    MALE CRIT: (2d6+8)[13]

Push 2 Meters.

Pitch finds himself unable to speak, and instead tries to adopt some sort of defensive posture against the Shiftry.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM