Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    I'm not saying I won't give you food, I'm saying you can't take it without asking. Leo removed the remaining portions of soup from his pack. Would you like some? We can all eat together.

    Piri Piri grimaced, he wanted to eat too. You just ate! The grimace stayed in place. Fine, you can have the other. But be polite. Piri Piri grinned and sat down expectantly.

    He put the two soup containers on the ground in front of him and Piri Piri, and sat down on the ground. After pulling out some peppers for himself to snack on, he looked over to the munchlax. Well? Will you join us?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 11:38 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Before he could wave her away, Nikolas realized there was something he needed to ask about. "Actually, there is something I require assistance with." Once more digging into his bag, he retrieves the purple syringe planted behind the Orum Town Gym. "I would like to know what kind of technique is stored within this vial and which of my Pokemon is compatible with it."
    The nurse nods diligently and takes the vial. "Be back in a minute." She walks to the back, and a minute later she returns. "Looks like this TM contains Dream Eater! That's a very powerful move, young man. Please be careful not to seriously harm another pokemon when you have one of yours use it." She hands your TM back to you.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Alright Thales, take the restrained one. No survivors. I've got the last one," Pitch says, dashing up and tossing a Pokeball. The Drilbur could be useful. Anyways, if they're used to a group, they should be easy to break solo.

    He pulls back. That stupid trainer had thrown a Pokeball at the one he was going to catch. Whatever. He would catch one. Pitch lobs his Pokeball at the other one that had been attacked.

    The Oshawott listens, getting on all fours to rush at the other Drilbur. Just following orders...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch throws his Pokeball at 3. (1d20)[18]
    Thales runs to J3 and Tackles D1.
    AC: 3 (1d12+18)[19]
    Damage: [roll2]
    Crit: [roll3]
    You throw your pokeball at the third Drilbur, freshly weakened by Kamoho's water attack. The pokeball consumes the wild pokemon, and it falls to the ground. It shakes once or twice, but the pokemon can't manage to really put up a fight. The pokeball clicks shut and stays still. You caught Drilbur!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 4
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Nature: Jolly
    HP 6
    Attack 9
    Defense 4
    SATK 3 (-2)
    SDEF 5
    Speed 7 (+2)


    Meanwhile, your Oshawott rushes at the newly tame Drilbur. It looks confused by your Oshawott's advance and shocked when it connects. The hit registers, but the Drilbur is clearly very angry as a result! It promptly retaliates with a full swing of its claws at Thales.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch!
    AC 2 (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d12+18)[19]
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-15 at 11:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I'm not saying I won't give you food, I'm saying you can't take it without asking. Leo removed the remaining portions of soup from his pack. Would you like some? We can all eat together.

    Piri Piri grimaced, he wanted to eat too. You just ate! The grimace stayed in place. Fine, you can have the other. But be polite. Piri Piri grinned and sat down expectantly.

    He put the two soup containers on the ground in front of him and Piri Piri, and sat down on the ground. After pulling out some peppers for himself to snack on, he looked over to the munchlax. Well? Will you join us?
    The Munchlax eyes your food hungrily, but it hesitates. It seems like he's wary of humans for some reason. But as you look at him for longer without hurting him, he slowly waddles over to you and sits down. He looks at the soup, then at you one more time, then starts to devour the food. Occasionally he will look up at you as if but quickly shift his gaze if you catch it.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo watched the wild pokemon out of the corner of his eye. When the munchlax looked like it was close to finishing, he looked up. Did you enjoy the soup? Spicy food is a passion of mine, and I love to cook it. I learned from my mother, who runs a cafe in town. If you liked this, you would fall in love with the dishes she puts together. Isn't that right Piri Piri?

    Piri Piri, who had finished a while ago, nodded fervently.

    If the munchlax appears to be still hungry (and if he likes the food), he offers the pokemon a pepper. Here, jalepenos are some of my favorite peppers.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-15 at 11:56 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    When the nurse is out of sight, Nikolas excitedly fiddles with his Pokedex and finds that both of his Pokemon were capable of learning the move. However, upon reading the move's description, his shoulders sag. He had been planning on using the TM on Orobas but the psychic type did not unfortunately, learn any moves that could induce sleep.

    His Gastly on the other hand, already had the sleep inducing Hypnosis. But was it a good idea to impart such a powerful move onto such a mischivous Pokemon? Perhaps Avu could answer that particular question.

    Pocketing the Pokedex, Nikolas withdraws his Pokegear in its place. There was supposedly a phone function somewhere on the device. He looked for Avu's number and prepared to call.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    The Munchlax finishes and listens intently to your words. His response is a vigorous, "Munch! Munch Munch Lax." He smiles the cutest, widest smile you've ever seen.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    When the nurse is out of sight, Nikolas excitedly fiddles with his Pokedex and finds that both of his Pokemon were capable of learning the move. However, upon reading the move's description, his shoulders sag. He had been planning on using the TM on Orobas but the psychic type did not unfortunately, learn any moves that could induce sleep.

    His Gastly on the other hand, already had the sleep inducing Hypnosis. But was it a good idea to impart such a powerful move onto such a mischivous Pokemon? Perhaps Avu could answer that particular question.

    Pocketing the Pokedex, Nikolas withdraws his Pokegear in its place. There was supposedly a phone function somewhere on the device. He looked for Avu's number and prepared to call.
    The Pokegear rings a few times, then you hear the click of someone picking up.

    "Hey, Nikolas. If you're calling to check in on things here, it's all under control. I sent your father back home just as soon as I got word that you'd walked by the gym on your way back from your house."

    "Or is there something else you wanted my advice about?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Tell you what. Leo said as he rummaged in his pack, pulling out a pokeball. If you want, you can join my team, which as of now consists of only Piri Piri. As long as you like spicy food, you'll never go hungry again.

    Piri Piri seemed to have gotten over his initial dislike of the munchlax, and grinned as widely as the munchlax.

    Leo was on tenderhooks, he wanted the munchlax to accept so badly. It seemed like a nice pokemon, just hungry. And it will always be hungry, between him and Piri Piri, I'll never have a spare dime. But it'll be worth every dollar.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 12:09 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Ah, well the thing is I've captured a Pokemon. It's a ghost type by the name of Gastly. And I figured since you're a ghost specialist and all you could tell me what to expect with it. He's...already given me a lot of trouble."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Tell you what. Leo said as he rummaged in his pack, pulling out a pokeball. If you want, you can join my team, which as of now consists of only Piri Piri. As long as you like spicy food, you'll never go hungry again.

    Piri Piri seemed to have gotten over his initial dislike of the munchlax, and grinned as widely as the munchlax.

    Leo was on tenderhooks, he wanted the munchlax to accept so badly. It seemed like a nice pokemon, just hungry. And it will always be hungry, between him and Piri Piri, I'll never have a spare dime. But it'll be worth every dollar.
    The Munchlax hears your offer and doesn't even have to think twice. It hugs your leg and starts poking at the pokeball, as if trying to get itself captured.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "Ah, well the thing is I've captured a Pokemon. It's a ghost type by the name of Gastly. And I figured since you're a ghost specialist and all you could tell me what to expect with it. He's...already given me a lot of trouble."
    "Oh, you've already caught a Gastly!" A mixture of pleasant surprise and pride radiates through his voice. "My starter was actually a Gastly, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. Simply put: it's a pain. Gastlys like to mess around a lot, and bonding with one is all about teaching them about limits while still letting them have their fun. Their antics become more infrequent as they grow to trust you as a trainer. It'll be hard at times, that's for sure. But believe me, the payoff is worth it. I don't know where I'd be without Face by my side." You can hear a content "Gengar" from the other end of the line.

    "Ah, and I trust you stumbled across my wayward TM?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo taps the pokeball gently against the Munchlaxes back. If it's a ball Halle gave me, it'll do the job.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+5)[49]

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You throw your pokeball at the third Drilbur, freshly weakened by Kamoho's water attack. The pokeball consumes the wild pokemon, and it falls to the ground. It shakes once or twice, but the pokemon can't manage to really put up a fight. The pokeball clicks shut and stays still. You caught Drilbur!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 4
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Nature: Jolly
    HP 6
    Attack 9
    Defense 4
    SATK 3 (-2)
    SDEF 5
    Speed 7 (+2)


    Meanwhile, your Oshawott rushes at the newly tame Drilbur. It looks confused by your Oshawott's advance and shocked when it connects. The hit registers, but the Drilbur is clearly very angry as a result! It promptly retaliates with a full swing of its claws at Thales.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch!
    AC 2 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[29]
    The Oshawott takes the hit soundly; while it hurt, the Oshawott isn't going down yet.

    "Finish it Thales."

    The Oshawott backs up to gain momentum, then launches itself at the Drilbur again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 3 (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d8+17)[29]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[19]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo taps the pokeball gently against the Munchlaxes back. If it's a ball Halle gave me, it'll do the job.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    The Munchlax disappears into your pokeball, and doesn't even move once. It merely clicks shut in your hand. You caught Munchlax!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 4
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Careful
    HP 14
    Atk 9
    Def 4
    SATK 4 (-2)
    SDEF 9 (+2)
    Speed 1
    Movelist: Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Defense Curl
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The Oshawott takes the hit soundly; while it hurt, the Oshawott isn't going down yet.

    "Finish it Thales."

    The Oshawott backs up to gain momentum, then launches itself at the Drilbur again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 3 [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Crit: [roll2]
    Your Oshawott is getting very skilled with that move. From your point of view, you can't quite see it, but the Drilbur's face is filled with fear when it watches Thales back up. An evil glint shimmers in Thales' eyes as he looks at the Drilbur he is about to finish off.

    The Drilbur is knocked backward by your Oshawott's tackle and does not get back up. Its chest still moves up and down so you can tell it is not dead...yet.

    In any case, the two of you have emerged victorious from this unexpected encounter.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kamoho receives 120 EXP and Thales receives 144 EXP for the battle!
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 12:43 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch grins. The Oshawott was learning. And unless he was mistaken, it had enjoyed that.

    "Thales! Come here! And bring the Drilbur!"

    The Oshawott starts. He had yelled. That wasn't good.... The Oshawatt pick up the body of the Drilbur and waddles over.

    Pitch squats down, a mad glint in his eyes.

    "You did well Thales. You didn't kill it, but that suits our purpose. You earned yourself a reward," he says, pulling out a Potion and spraying it over the Oshawatt's wounds. "Welcome to the team Thales. You are officially a part of us."

    Pitch makes sure to pocket the empty Potion bottle. He would need it later.

    The Oshawatt doesn't know how to react. Sure, he wasn't the nicest guy, but he had treated his wounds. Anyways, weren't all Pokemon supposed to serve their trainer? The Oshawatt awkwardly waddles over and hugs his trainers leg. Pitch, unsure what to do, simply pats the Oshawatt before pulling him off and standing up. He scoops up the body of the unconcious Drilbur.

    "Mordecai, this one's hurt. I'm going to see if I can do a bit more training, then take it in to be patched up, alright?" he says, tossing the Pokeball containing Mordecai's capture to him as he scoops up his own.

    He had some training planned, but definitely not of the normal kind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Potion Heal: (2d12+10)[25]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-16 at 01:04 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    At least Avu had some experience with the troublesome Pokemon. It wasn't too helpful but it was definitely better than groping around in the dark. "Thanks for your advice, sir. I'll keep it in mind when I'm training him."

    "A-and yeah, that's the other reason I'm calling. I'm thinking of using it on the Gastly but I'm worried it might be too powerful a move for a Pokemon I'm not sure I can handle just yet. But I've also checked the Pokedex and it doesn't look as he's going to have much in the way offense. Should I go through with it, or just be patient?"
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-16 at 12:59 AM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    At least Avu had some experience with the troublesome Pokemon. It wasn't too helpful but it was definitely better than groping around in the dark. "Thanks for your advice, sir. I'll keep it in mind when I'm training him."

    "A-and yeah, that's the other reason I'm calling. I'm thinking of using it on the Gastly but I'm worried it might be too powerful a move for a Pokemon I'm not sure I can handle just yet. But I've also checked the Pokedex and it doesn't look as he's going to have much in the way offense. Should I go through with it, or just be patient?"
    "I see." Avu takes a moment to think about it "Well, it would certainly make your Gastly a force in battle. But there's always the risk that it rebels, or even worse, turns on you on a whim. And there's something to be said about not using TMs on pokemon to teach them move they'll learn naturally."

    "I know you were looking for an answer from me, but I'm afraid there is no clear-cut right answer. For what it's worth, if I were you, I would at least wait until you've grown a little closer to your Gastly before teaching it Dream Eater."

    "In the end it's up to you, Nikolas. Do what you feel is right, and no one can fault you for that.
    "
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Thanks again. I appreciate the advise. I think I'm going to have that talk with my Gastly now."

    Taking Avu's words to heart, Nikolas stashes the TM once more. The syringe didn't need to see immediate usage, and after all, there were still other Pokemon out there to catch. First he would need to have words with the Gastly. He would need to be firm and strict to keep the Pokemon in line.

    That alone did not bode well.

    Finding a remote location, Nikolas released both Pokemon. Abra first, and then Gastly. He would needed Orobas' help. The small Pokemon's presence always made him feel braver than he really was.

    "Let's talk.," he says in his closest approximation to a firm tone.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    "Thanks again. I appreciate the advise. I think I'm going to have that talk with my Gastly now."

    Taking Avu's words to heart, Nikolas stashes the TM once more. The syringe didn't need to see immediate usage, and after all, there were still other Pokemon out there to catch. First he would need to have words with the Gastly. He would need to be firm and strict to keep the Pokemon in line.

    That alone did not bode well.

    Finding a remote location, Nikolas released both Pokemon. Abra first, and then Gastly. He would needed Orobas' help. The small Pokemon's presence always made him feel braver than he really was.

    "Let's talk.," he says in his closest approximation to a firm tone.
    Your Gastly floats around frantically for a bit upon being released, and you can't tell what's going through its mind. It floated down to Orobas' level and looked at your Abra for a moment, then up to your eye level when it hears you speak. It starts making all sorts of silly faces at you, sticking its tongue out and spinning itself over in circles. "Gas-Gas-Gastly!"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 02:01 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yeah!" Mordecai knelt down and patted his totodile on the head. "We did it, Kamoho! But!"

    He sat backwards. "You did great, buddy. I, however, need some work. For one thing, commander Kane would have my ears if he saw the way I used a styler out there - sloppy! But two!"

    And he tapped Kamoho on the nose. "You didn't get to bite anything! Not even once! I mean, the only thing I really /know/ about you right now is that you like biting things, and I don't even let you do so once? Unacceptable!"

    ...now Kamoho was confused. He hurt himself in his confusion!

    "So! Let's get back to the centre for a moment, then let's rectify this." He said, before stepping towards where his pokeball had fallen - to have it tossed to him.

    The other trainer was going right back out there?

    Well, he did use a potion on his pokemon, so he'd probably be okay. "Alright then! Thanks - I'm heading back to the centre. Maybe we'll meet up later... oh, one last thing - I didn't catch your name. I'm Mordecai - Mordecai Aumakua."

    And after the response, he hoisted his totodile, carried him under one arm, and headed back towards town. Patting the totodile on the head, he nodded. "Still haven't forgotten, Kamoho. If you -"

    And with a chomp, his pointing arm was partway into the totodile's mouth, and no part of his increasingly cavalier attitude towards being bitten made it hurt less. Still, he gritted his teeth and continued, while Kamoho smiled. He knew, after all, what made him happy.

    Back to the pokemon centre he went.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah!" Mordecai knelt down and patted his totodile on the head. "We did it, Kamoho! But!"

    He sat backwards. "You did great, buddy. I, however, need some work. For one thing, commander Kane would have my ears if he saw the way I used a styler out there - sloppy! But two!"

    And he tapped Kamoho on the nose. "You didn't get to bite anything! Not even once! I mean, the only thing I really /know/ about you right now is that you like biting things, and I don't even let you do so once? Unacceptable!"

    ...now Kamoho was confused. He hurt himself in his confusion!

    "So! Let's get back to the centre for a moment, then let's rectify this." He said, before stepping towards where his pokeball had fallen - to have it tossed to him.

    The other trainer was going right back out there?

    Well, he did use a potion on his pokemon, so he'd probably be okay. "Alright then! Thanks - I'm heading back to the centre. Maybe we'll meet up later... oh, one last thing - I didn't catch your name. I'm Mordecai - Mordecai Aumakua."

    And after the response, he hoisted his totodile, carried him under one arm, and headed back towards town. Patting the totodile on the head, he nodded. "Still haven't forgotten, Kamoho. If you -"

    And with a chomp, his pointing arm was partway into the totodile's mouth, and no part of his increasingly cavalier attitude towards being bitten made it hurt less. Still, he gritted his teeth and continued, while Kamoho smiled. He knew, after all, what made him happy.

    Back to the pokemon centre he went.
    You arrive at the pokemon center, Kamoho still firmly clamped down on your arm. The nurse looks up and seems to remember you from before. After all, how many trainers could she possibly see per day with pokemon attached to them by the teeth? She motions you toward the counter for the healing she presumes you seek.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Th-Thank you in advance, heh."

    He returned his totodile for healing purposes, and rubbed his arm for a moment - it really did hurt. Sigh.

    He then held up the other pokeball. "I caught my first pokemon!" He exclaimed, before realizing that if nothing else, the nurse probably didn't care. Hey, /he/ was excited!

    "Er, so he'll need healing too." He added, slightly sheepishly passing it along.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Th-Thank you in advance, heh."

    He returned his totodile for healing purposes, and rubbed his arm for a moment - it really did hurt. Sigh.

    He then held up the other pokeball. "I caught my first pokemon!" He exclaimed, before realizing that if nothing else, the nurse probably didn't care. Hey, /he/ was excited!

    "Er, so he'll need healing too." He added, slightly sheepishly passing it along.
    Though she had probably heard plenty of trainers celebrate that exact thing, she did seem genuinely happy for you. "Congratulations! That's great." If nothing else, she was infinitely familiar with just how much that moment means to a new trainer. She walks away with your pokemon to get them healed, and you hear the door to the center open.

    Leia, looking more crestfallen than you can ever remember seeing her, walks up to the counter and leans over it right next to you. "Hey, Mordecai," she says. Her voice is low and has a faint tremble to it.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 02:34 AM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Okay... next, it was time to head out. Maybe a different direction - he'd want to be very careful before he set out on his own. Any ranger could tell you that - and still being relatively fresh out of the academy, the lessons were still firmly pounded into his head.

    He'd have to get to know the strange mole poke.... oh geez, he'd forgotten his pokedex entirely. Ugh, at the moment that was okay as he caught the only new pokemon he'd seen, but he'd have to keep touch with that better. After all, knowing what you were -

    ... Leia?

    "Uh, Hi Leia." Mordecai blinked, and turned towards her. "Whoa. Leia, what's wrong?" He asked, bluntly enough - she looked /miserable/.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Okay... next, it was time to head out. Maybe a different direction - he'd want to be very careful before he set out on his own. Any ranger could tell you that - and still being relatively fresh out of the academy, the lessons were still firmly pounded into his head.

    He'd have to get to know the strange mole poke.... oh geez, he'd forgotten his pokedex entirely. Ugh, at the moment that was okay as he caught the only new pokemon he'd seen, but he'd have to keep touch with that better. After all, knowing what you were -

    ... Leia?

    "Uh, Hi Leia." Mordecai blinked, and turned towards her. "Whoa. Leia, what's wrong?" He asked, bluntly enough - she looked /miserable/.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo jumped in the air as the munchlax was captured, I did it! I caught my first pokemon. Though, between Piri Piri and Munchlax, I'll be using up a lot of food. Leo sighed, knowing it would only get worse, Snorlax ate much more than the Munchlax ever would. Still, it was nice to have pokemon who appreciated food as much as he did.

    Leo released the Munchlax, and gave him a big hug. Welcome to the team buddy. Do you have a name? The munchlax shook it's head no. Well then how about we call you Belladonna. Bella grinned that wide grin of hers, and nodded vigorously.

    Leo stood tall. I don't know about the two of you, but I'm tired. Time to go home and sleep like the dead. With that, Leo headed towards home, his two pokemon following behind him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming it is female, if male I can come up with another name. Name comes from poison that, in small quantities, causes deeps sleep. Also if this counts as the end of an encounter, Belladonna uses pickup.

    An interesting note, you gave it a SpDef nature, which puts that stat up to 11 and raised evasion to 2. Incinerate should have missed, but I'm not complaining :p
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 08:22 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah!" Mordecai knelt down and patted his totodile on the head. "We did it, Kamoho! But!"

    He sat backwards. "You did great, buddy. I, however, need some work. For one thing, commander Kane would have my ears if he saw the way I used a styler out there - sloppy! But two!"

    And he tapped Kamoho on the nose. "You didn't get to bite anything! Not even once! I mean, the only thing I really /know/ about you right now is that you like biting things, and I don't even let you do so once? Unacceptable!"

    ...now Kamoho was confused. He hurt himself in his confusion!

    "So! Let's get back to the centre for a moment, then let's rectify this." He said, before stepping towards where his pokeball had fallen - to have it tossed to him.

    The other trainer was going right back out there?

    Well, he did use a potion on his pokemon, so he'd probably be okay. "Alright then! Thanks - I'm heading back to the centre. Maybe we'll meet up later... oh, one last thing - I didn't catch your name. I'm Mordecai - Mordecai Aumakua."

    And after the response, he hoisted his totodile, carried him under one arm, and headed back towards town. Patting the totodile on the head, he nodded. "Still haven't forgotten, Kamoho. If you -"

    And with a chomp, his pointing arm was partway into the totodile's mouth, and no part of his increasingly cavalier attitude towards being bitten made it hurt less. Still, he gritted his teeth and continued, while Kamoho smiled. He knew, after all, what made him happy.

    Back to the pokemon centre he went.
    "Pitch."


    As the other trainer leaves, Pitch grins. It was just him and the Drilbur now.

    Pitch goes a little bit further towards town, finding a tree to hide behind.

    "Thales. You will never tell the Drilbur what happened here today, understand?" he says. The Oshawatt nods. He didn't know what his trainer would do, but whatever it was, he was suspecting the worst.

    Pitch lays the unconscious Drilbur on the ground. The Totodile had claws, right? He pulls out his switchblade, cutting the unconcious Drilbur. He tried to make the cuts rough, shallow, cuts that would pass as the claws of a Totodile. He tries to get the thing close to death; not dead, but close. He wipes his blade on his shirt, both cleaning the knife off and making it look like he might have carried the Drilbur.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to get it close to death: (1d20)[10]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You catch the tail end of Zayir's exciting introduction of the next challenger before you walk far enough that the noise dies down.

    Your Pokedex makes some beeping noises and a few moments later, some information about Magnemites pops up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Magnemite floats in the air by emitting electromagnetic waves from the units at its sides. These waves block gravity. This Pokémon becomes incapable of flight if its internal electrical supply is depleted.
    (Info as per PTA 'dex. Figure it's not too crucial, this being your starter and all.)


    Randel looks at you happily, metronome faintly ticking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    PS Randel got 120 EXP from that battle, I'll also edit the previous post to reflect this. By the way, do you know about the chatpad Arcran made? We're all on it, you should join us!
    Fiddling with the Pokedex as she walked, Celeste brought up first a description of Magnemites, and then a list of other useful trainer information. Finding the moves that she could expect Randel to learn, she found that the list already included the Thunder Wave TM that she had been given. "Guess that means we can save it, right?" she says.

    ---

    Arriving at the Pokemon center, with Randel still floating alongside her, she hesitates a moment before walking in. She's a trainer now, after all; it's perfectly normal for her to be going in. The nurse behind the counter looks up at her, as she walks up, somewhat timidly. "Um, hello. I came to have Randel healed." Randel beeps several times in succession.

    OOC EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I didn't know. Thank you for that link.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-16 at 10:55 AM.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •