Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas sccowled, annoyed that the captured Gastly wasn't taking him seriously. But then again, who would? He hadn't exactly proved himself as a trainer, something that the ghost Pokemon was sure to pick up on. If he had any intention of getting through to the Pokemon he would just have to be persistent. "I'm naming you Loki, after a god who loved to cause trouble, because that's who you are and nothing I do is going to change that."

    He couldn't just tell the Pokemon that it simply couldn't play around anymore. Was it really fair to deny a Pokemon what it really liked to do? Memories of a shattered tool kit said otherwise. "But you're going to have to know that there are going to be limits and while I want you to have your fun you need to know that sometimes I can't let you do that. Got it?" Thankfully, he manages to get through his message without stuttering even once. He didn't want to know what the Gastly would do if it knew he was afraid of it.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Okay... next, it was time to head out. Maybe a different direction - he'd want to be very careful before he set out on his own. Any ranger could tell you that - and still being relatively fresh out of the academy, the lessons were still firmly pounded into his head.

    He'd have to get to know the strange mole poke.... oh geez, he'd forgotten his pokedex entirely. Ugh, at the moment that was okay as he caught the only new pokemon he'd seen, but he'd have to keep touch with that better. After all, knowing what you were -

    ... Leia?

    "Uh, Hi Leia." Mordecai blinked, and turned towards her. "Whoa. Leia, what's wrong?" He asked, bluntly enough - she looked /miserable/.
    She sighs and looks straight into the back wall as she answers with a shaky voice. "That Cubchoo I brought in earlier...it was fighting against the trainer after you...his Oshawott hit a weak spot and my Cubchoo was already hurt...poor little guy didn't make it." Her voice breaks and a tear falls down the side of her face.

    The nurse brings back your pokemon and sees Leia. Miss Reynaud, I'm so sorry...your Cubchoo is ready for transport though."

    Leia shakes her head and turns instead to you. "Mordecai...would you be willing to take my Cubchoo to Orum to lay him to rest? I really can't take leave of my duties here but he deserves a peaceful repose."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo jumped in the air as the munchlax was captured, I did it! I caught my first pokemon. Though, between Piri Piri and Munchlax, I'll be using up a lot of food. Leo sighed, knowing it would only get worse, Snorlax ate much more than the Munchlax ever would. Still, it was nice to have pokemon who appreciated food as much as he did.

    Leo released the Munchlax, and gave him a big hug. Welcome to the team buddy. Do you have a name? The munchlax shook it's head no. Well then how about we call you Belladonna. Bella grinned that wide grin of hers, and nodded vigorously.

    Leo stood tall. I don't know about the two of you, but I'm tired. Time to go home and sleep like the dead. With that, Leo headed towards home, his two pokemon following behind him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming it is female, if male I can come up with another name. Name comes from poison that, in small quantities, causes deeps sleep. Also if this counts as the end of an encounter, Belladonna uses pickup.

    An interesting note, you gave it a SpDef nature, which puts that stat up to 11 and raised evasion to 2. Incinerate should have missed, but I'm not complaining :p
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, that Munchlax is male. And shush, that incinerate hit before I rolled its nature


    Your Munchlax and Darumaka look to be quick friends, bonding over their love of food. You make it back to your house without further incident.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]
    Pitch lays the unconscious Drilbur on the ground. The Totodile had claws, right? He pulls out his switchblade, cutting the unconcious Drilbur. He tried to make the cuts rough, shallow, cuts that would pass as the claws of a Totodile. He tries to get the thing close to death; not dead, but close. He wipes his blade on his shirt, both cleaning the knife off and making it look like he might have carried the Drilbur.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to get it close to death: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Had that check at a 15+ pass. Gave Bad Sit a +5 circumstance bonus for fixing a beloved pokeball, so I'll give you a +5 for fixing a beloved pokemon enacting an inspired plan.


    The unconscious female Drilbur twitches each time you cut it, but it does not wake up. Though your cuts are not perfect, they are passable as a Totodile's claw marks. You very nearly kill the Drilbur, but instinct pulls your hand away at the last second. Perhaps this particular Drilbur is hardier than the average one...but certainly not luckier.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Fiddling with the Pokedex as she walked, Celeste brought up first a description of Magnemites, and then a list of other useful trainer information. Finding the moves that she could expect Randel to learn, she found that the list already included the Thunder Wave TM that she had been given. "Guess that means we can save it, right?" she says.

    ---

    Arriving at the Pokemon center, with Randel still floating alongside her, she hesitates a moment before walking in. She's a trainer now, after all; it's perfectly normal for her to be going in. The nurse behind the counter looks up at her, as she walks up, somewhat timidly. "Um, hello. I came to have Randel healed." Randel beeps several times in succession.
    Xylo's pokemon center, just like everything else in Xylo, is bigger and grander than its counterparts in the outer cities.

    The nurse smiles at you nicely and nods. "Certainly, Miss. Your pokemon will be ready shortly." Rather than take them anywhere herself, an assistant appears to escort your Magnemite to get healed. The nurse merely returns to her paperwork.

    One of your fellow patrons at the center approaches you. "First pokemon battle, huh? Zayir's a real treat."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas sccowled, annoyed that the captured Gastly wasn't taking him seriously. But then again, who would? He hadn't exactly proved himself as a trainer, something that the ghost Pokemon was sure to pick up on. If he had any intention of getting through to the Pokemon he would just have to be persistent. "I'm naming you Loki, after a god who loved to cause trouble, because that's who you are and nothing I do is going to change that."

    He couldn't just tell the Pokemon that it simply couldn't play around anymore. Was it really fair to deny a Pokemon what it really liked to do? Memories of a shattered tool kit said otherwise. "But you're going to have to know that there are going to be limits and while I want you to have your fun you need to know that sometimes I can't let you do that. Got it?" Thankfully, he manages to get through his message without stuttering even once. He didn't want to know what the Gastly would do if it knew he was afraid of it.
    Your Gastly has been flying all around, trying its best to make it clear that it's not listening to you. But perhaps your well-delivered message does get through in the end, because by the time you're done speaking, it's back to eye level with you. Only this time, it isn't spinning or making faces. It stares at you, looking for an indication of whether it should listen or not.

    It floats down to your Abra's level and asks it something, to which your Abra simply nods. Then it comes back up to you and smiles. "Gastly." It licks your face in what you can only assume is a gesture of acceptance.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo greets his father as he goes into the house. Pulls some tacos out of the fridge, and takes them to his room.

    He, Piri Piri and his newest friend have a quick snack before bed, while Leo plays his favorite song (Frealigator Sky, by Noctowl City) and the pokemon chatter loudly. After they're done, Leo goes to brush his teeth, when he gets back, the two pokemon are asleep on the floor.

    Grinning, Leo gets into bed himself, and drifts into sleep
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 12:30 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Xylo's pokemon center, just like everything else in Xylo, is bigger and grander than its counterparts in the outer cities.

    The nurse smiles at you nicely and nods. "Certainly, Miss. Your pokemon will be ready shortly." Rather than take them anywhere herself, an assistant appears to escort your Magnemite to get healed. The nurse merely returns to her paperwork.

    One of your fellow patrons at the center approaches you. "First pokemon battle, huh? Zayir's a real treat."
    "Ah, y-yes. He was really impressive," she responds, somewhat hastily due to her nerves. "I hope I can be as good of a trainer as him, someday."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Had that check at a 15+ pass. Gave Bad Sit a +5 circumstance bonus for fixing a beloved pokeball, so I'll give you a +5 for fixing a beloved pokemon enacting an inspired plan.


    The unconscious female Drilbur twitches each time you cut it, but it does not wake up. Though your cuts are not perfect, they are passable as a Totodile's claw marks. You very nearly kill the Drilbur, but instinct pulls your hand away at the last second. Perhaps this particular Drilbur is hardier than the average one...but certainly not luckier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I changed my mind after. Dead works better. Cab I save that +5 for later?

    Also, for the story, remember this guy was captured BEFORE Thales went all badass.


    Pitch looks at the Drilbur. No, the story wouldn't work as well alive. He goes through his Pokedex, looking at the Totodile. Five claws.... Putting the finishing tough on, he makes five parallel lines across the Drilbur's neck, cutting into the windpipe. The final, rasping breaths are like sweet music to his ears.

    Pulling out the empty Potion bottle, he unscrews the lid, pouring what few drops may remain over the Drilbur. He then puts the empty body to the side.

    "Thales, if he makes any hostile move towards me, take him down."

    Thales nods. He took down that one easy; he could handle this one as well.

    Pitch lets out the Drilbur as he slides his switchblade into his pocket. It's in easy reach, but out of sight.

    Before the Drilbur can act, he speaks.

    "Don't attack me yet," Pitch says, gesturing towards Thales. "I have a little story for you."

    Pitch comes closer, squatting about five feet away from the Drilbur.

    "Once upon a time, two trainers were training in the wilds when three little Drilbur came out of the ground. One trainer, being a cruel, vicious, person, set his fanged menace on them, blasting them with water and attacking viciously. The other," he says, pointing to himself, "did not attack. I caught you to save you from the other trainer's wrath. Your friend," he says, gesturing towards the dead female, "wasn't so lucky. The trainer encouraged his Pokemon to attack it, even though she showed no signs of hostility. It clawed, and clawed and clawed her. I made the trainer call of her Pokemon, but it was too late. The deed was done. I tried to heal her with a Potion, but she was too far gone," Pitch says, hanging his head.

    "Now is the time to teach you a reality of the world. Trainers are cruel, vicious people. If not for me capturing you, you'd look just like her, or worse. I will protect you, I will keep you safe from the other trainers. I will make you strong, make you able to fight back against these monsters that enslave Pokemon. We shall take their dignity, their honor, and perhaps their very lives. How about it? Will you come with me, safe from other trainers, or will I let you go to face them alone, without a pack to defend you?"


    That should do. That should do nicely, Pitch says, holding onto his knife, just in case, already formulating a story for if it attacks him.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo greets his father as he goes into the house. Pulls some tacos out of the fridge, and takes them to his room.

    He, Piri Piri and his newest friend have a quick snack before bed, while Leo plays his favorite song (Frealigator Sky, by Noctowl City) and the pokemon chatter loudly. After they're done, Leo goes to brush his teeth, when he gets back, the two pokemon are asleep on the floor.

    Grinning, Leo gets into bed himself, and drifts into sleep
    Sleep takes over, and you feel yourself falling through darkness. The world starts to form around you as you slow down and land on the ground. You can't quite tell where you yet, when all of a sudden a swarm of Scizors fly by you! A few of them pass merely inches away from your face. You also hear the sounds of a stampede from some distance away.

    As your ears adjust, klaxons blares all around you. A voice you recognize as Halle's comes over the PA system, "Pokemon uprising underway! All visitors and employees must evacuate!"

    A Braviary is flying directly at you, talons ready and with no intention of turning!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Ah, y-yes. He was really impressive," she responds, somewhat hastily due to her nerves. "I hope I can be as good of a trainer as him, someday."
    "Me too!" the girl responds, extending her hand out to you. "My name's Stephanie, I just became a trainer last week. I got this little girl," she says, releasing an adorable blue bird with clouds for wings, from Zayir too!"

    "So what're you going to do now?
    "
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I changed my mind after. Dead works better. Cab I save that +5 for later?

    Also, for the story, remember this guy was captured BEFORE Thales went all badass.


    Pitch looks at the Drilbur. No, the story wouldn't work as well alive. He goes through his Pokedex, looking at the Totodile. Five claws.... Putting the finishing tough on, he makes five parallel lines across the Drilbur's neck, cutting into the windpipe. The final, rasping breaths are like sweet music to his ears.

    Pulling out the empty Potion bottle, he unscrews the lid, pouring what few drops may remain over the Drilbur. He then puts the empty body to the side.

    "Thales, if he makes any hostile move towards me, take him down."

    Thales nods. He took down that one easy; he could handle this one as well.

    Pitch lets out the Drilbur as he slides his switchblade into his pocket. It's in easy reach, but out of sight.

    Before the Drilbur can act, he speaks.

    "Don't attack me yet," Pitch says, gesturing towards Thales. "I have a little story for you."

    Pitch comes closer, squatting about five feet away from the Drilbur.

    "Once upon a time, two trainers were training in the wilds when three little Drilbur came out of the ground. One trainer, being a cruel, vicious, person, set his fanged menace on them, blasting them with water and attacking viciously. The other," he says, pointing to himself, "did not attack. I caught you to save you from the other trainer's wrath. Your friend," he says, gesturing towards the dead female, "wasn't so lucky. The trainer encouraged his Pokemon to attack it, even though she showed no signs of hostility. It clawed, and clawed and clawed her. I made the trainer call of her Pokemon, but it was too late. The deed was done. I tried to heal her with a Potion, but she was too far gone," Pitch says, hanging his head.

    "Now is the time to teach you a reality of the world. Trainers are cruel, vicious people. If not for me capturing you, you'd look just like her, or worse. I will protect you, I will keep you safe from the other trainers. I will make you strong, make you able to fight back against these monsters that enslave Pokemon. We shall take their dignity, their honor, and perhaps their very lives. How about it? Will you come with me, safe from other trainers, or will I let you go to face them alone, without a pack to defend you?"


    That should do. That should do nicely, Pitch says, holding onto his knife, just in case, already formulating a story for if it attacks him.
    Your Drilbur weakly walks over to its deceased friend. He falls to his knees and starts sobbing. From how hard he's taking it, you could assume that he had feelings for the female. The crying lasts for a few minutes.

    When your Drilbur finally manages to compose himself, he turns and walks to you. You can see a certain bloodthirst in his eyes, but his arms are down so it doesn't seem like he means you any harm.

    Your Drilbur raises one of his arms, points back toward Port Tidings, and then drags his other claw across his throat with a low, coarse "Drilbur."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Me too!" the girl responds, extending her hand out to you. "My name's Stephanie, I just became a trainer last week. I got this little girl," she says, releasing an adorable blue bird with clouds for wings, from Zayir too!"

    "So what're you going to do now?
    "
    "Ah, um, I'm Celeste." She extended her own hand, and Stephanie took it, shaking it energetically. Her hand feeling slightly wrung, Celeste looked at the blue bird. "Oh, that is cute," she said as she pulled out her Pokedex. "May I?"

    To the girl's question, she paused. She hadn't though it through, she realized; she didn't have to go home again before departing, since she knew her father would be gone to visit her mother's grave in Orum, but now that she didn't have anything keeping her in Xylo, she didn't actually have any other location to go to, yet. "I haven't decided, actually," she admitted.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "Ah, um, I'm Celeste." She extended her own hand, and Stephanie took it, shaking it energetically. Her hand feeling slightly wrung, Celeste looked at the blue bird. "Oh, that is cute," she said as she pulled out her Pokedex. "May I?"

    To the girl's question, she paused. She hadn't though it through, she realized; she didn't have to go home again before departing, since she knew her father would be gone to visit her mother's grave in Orum, but now that she didn't have anything keeping her in Xylo, she didn't actually have any other location to go to, yet. "I haven't decided, actually," she admitted.
    "Of course!" she says cheerfully. You scan her pokemon and your Pokedex loads information on Swablu.

    When she hears you answer, she responds, "Oh! In that case...would you like to come with me? My grandparents' 50th anniversary is coming up and they absolutely love the berries from Shea O'Riley's garden in Elrem Forest Clearing. I want to go there and pick some berries to give them as a present, but to be honest I'm kind of scared to go into the forest alone and I can't afford to hire one of those mercenaries."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Sleep takes over, and you feel yourself falling through darkness. The world starts to form around you as you slow down and land on the ground. You can't quite tell where you yet, when all of a sudden a swarm of Scizors fly by you! A few of them pass merely inches away from your face. You also hear the sounds of a stampede from some distance away.

    As your ears adjust, klaxons blares all around you. A voice you recognize as Halle's comes over the PA system, "Pokemon uprising underway! All visitors and employees must evacuate!"

    A Braviary is flying directly at you, talons ready and with no intention of turning!
    Leo freezes for a moment, trying to comprehend what was happening. Then he threw himself to the ground, trying to avoid the razor sharp claws of the Braviary.

    He took a calming breath, trying to think rationally. Visitors and Employees, that was important, but what did it mean? Think! Find the connection. Then he realized the only place that it could possibly be How the muk did I end up in the Safari Zone?

    He felt Piri's and Nightlock's pokeballs digging into his stomach. When did they get there? Not important, just that they're not bird food.

    Leo stood and started running, for now away from any pokemon that seemed to be rampaging, and then stopped suddenly. Halle! She might be in trouble!There's nothing you can do about it. If you go to her, she'll just have to waste energy trying to protect you. Run, run and don't look back!

    Leo gritted his teeth, and ran away from the Nature Preserve, and away from Halle.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 04:57 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    She sighs and looks straight into the back wall as she answers with a shaky voice. "That Cubchoo I brought in earlier...it was fighting against the trainer after you...his Oshawott hit a weak spot and my Cubchoo was already hurt...poor little guy didn't make it."
    Mordecai's eyes widened. Whoa, that was nowhere in his list of expectations. "Wow, that's terrible - I'm really sorry to hear that!"

    He... he stopped, and looked at the pokeball with Kamoho in it. That could've happened to Kamoho, immediately outside. Was he being careful? The totodile was trusting Mordecai with his life!

    And it also reminded him - he had been about to attack the snorunt again, and was about to direct Kamoho to scratch Pitch's oshawott. Had he been being careful there too?

    Leia shakes her head and turns instead to you. "Mordecai...would you be willing to take my Cubchoo to Orum to lay him to rest? I really can't take leave of my duties here but he deserves a peaceful repose."
    "Oh."

    Mordecai nodded. "Of course - I'm more than willing to help! I'll leave soon, your cubchoo is - is in good hands, I promise."

    'Your cubchoo is safe with me' had almost come out of his mouth. He almost absently took his two pokeballs back.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-16 at 05:00 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo freezes for a moment, trying to comprehend what was happening. Then he threw himself to the ground, trying to avoid the razor sharp claws of the Braviary.

    He took a calming breath, trying to think rationally. Visitors and Employees, that was important, but what did it mean? Think! Find the connection. Then he realized the only place that it could possibly be How the muk did I end up in the Safari Zone?

    He felt Piri's and Nightlock's pokeballs digging into his stomach. When did they get there? Not important, just that they're not bird food.

    Leo stood and started running, for now away from any pokemon that seemed to be rampaging, and then stopped suddenly. Halle! She might be in trouble!There's nothing you can do about it. If you go to her, she'll just have to waste energy trying to protect you. Run, run and don't look back!

    Leo gritted his teeth, and ran away from the Nature Preserve, and away from Halle.
    You think you're running through the Safari Zone, but none of it looks familiar. The trees aren't where they should be, bodies of water are all moved around, and the sounds of pokemon cries aren't right at all.

    You hear a vicious battle off to the side and look over to see a Zangoose and a Seviper trading blows. Suddenly, half a dozen man-sized Durants burrow up from underneath you! They look angry, they look hungry, and you are surrounded with no visible route for escape.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 05:42 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Your Drilbur weakly walks over to its deceased friend. He falls to his knees and starts sobbing. From how hard he's taking it, you could assume that he had feelings for the female. The crying lasts for a few minutes.

    When your Drilbur finally manages to compose himself, he turns and walks to you. You can see a certain bloodthirst in his eyes, but his arms are down so it doesn't seem like he means you any harm.

    Your Drilbur raises one of his arms, points back toward Port Tidings, and then drags his other claw across his throat with a low, coarse "Drilbur."
    Pitch grins. He would do. He didn't even need to work hard to turn this one into a weapon.

    "Later my friend. First, bury your friend. She deserves that decency."

    The Drilbur digs quickly, creating a large grave for the female. Pitch searches for some flowers to lay on the grave. By the time he had turned back, the Drilbur had already finished.

    Better than a shovel.

    Pitch lays the flowers on the grave. "Return, Shovel," he says, absorbing the Pokemon with the ball. "You too Thales. I may need you later."

    And with that, Pitch heads back into town, making a beeline towards the Pokemon Center.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Oh."

    Mordecai nodded. "Of course - I'm more than willing to help! I'll leave soon, your cubchoo is - is in good hands, I promise."

    'Your cubchoo is safe with me' had almost come out of his mouth. He almost absently took his two pokeballs back.
    Another tear falls down her face as she pulls a pokeball out of her pocket. "This is a special pokeball designed for...pokemon who have passed on. Just get it to Avu in Orum and he'll know what to do with it. Thank you, Mordecai." She shakes your hand and walks back out of the pokemon center.

    The nurse observes, "Best thing about our leader, I think. How even after all the violence she's seen, after all the battles she's fought, that the loss of a pokemon's life still hits her this hard. I hope you never get used to that pain, young man."
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins. He would do. He didn't even need to work hard to turn this one into a weapon.

    "Later my friend. First, bury your friend. She deserves that decency."

    The Drilbur digs quickly, creating a large grave for the female. Pitch searches for some flowers to lay on the grave. By the time he had turned back, the Drilbur had already finished.

    Better than a shovel.

    Pitch lays the flowers on the grave. "Return, Shovel," he says, absorbing the Pokemon with the ball. "You too Thales. I may need you later."

    And with that, Pitch heads back into town, making a beeline towards the Pokemon Center.
    By the time you reach the entrance to town again, the sun is setting. The bustle of daytime has died down for the most part, with people having gone back to their houses for dinner. One little girl seems to recognize you from the gym battle earlier and instantly runs away.

    The Center, being open 24 hours a day, is still just as busy as ever. Inside, people are too busy to even look at another trainer walking in the door. The only person who pays you any attention is the nurse at the counter, who glares at you.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    By the time you reach the entrance to town again, the sun is setting. The bustle of daytime has died down for the most part, with people having gone back to their houses for dinner. One little girl seems to recognize you from the gym battle earlier and instantly runs away.

    The Center, being open 24 hours a day, is still just as busy as ever. Inside, people are too busy to even look at another trainer walking in the door. The only person who pays you any attention is the nurse at the counter, who glares at you.
    "Healing, and a washing machine, if that's possible," Pitch says, walking over to the nurse that was glaring at him. "And, have you seen Leia? I- I need to talk to her."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Healing, and a washing machine, if that's possible," Pitch says, walking over to the nurse that was glaring at him. "And, have you seen Leia? I- I need to talk to her."
    The nurse takes your pokeballs, and curtly points to a door to your right, back near the entrance. She stares at you indignantly upon hearing you ask about Leia, her scorn almost palpable. She ignores your question and goes to heal your pokemon.

    One of the other people in the center, an older man, chimes in, "Uhh, I heard that Leia's up and holed herself up inside the gym. She's mourning that pokemon what got killed and such this afternoon. You hear about that, youngin?"
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 05:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "It's the least I could do." Mordecai said, although Leia probably only heard part of that. He glanced to the nurse, and took a deep breath before letting it out.

    He didn't either.

    He looked at the two pokeballs he was holding with a little more hesitation than before. He needed to make sure Kamoho and the newcomer were stronger, but...

    No, there was no time like the present. Now he had to get moving - he wanted to get to Orum. Thus, after thanking the nurse and stepping outside, out came Kamoho - with another glare. He paused.

    "...Kamoho, you always seem upset when I send you out. You don't like pokeballs, do you?"

    "DILE!"

    The totodile's energetically angry response actually brought a smile to Mordecai's face. For a moment, he wasn't thinking about the cubchoo. "Ah. Okay, I'll try to avoid that, then. But! It's time to meet a new friend!"

    Out came the other pokeball - complete with drilbur. Mordecai knelt slightly, and smiled. "Hello! I'm Mordecai." He reached one hand forward. "I'm looking forward to - " He began, when the drilbur slashed him with one claw - and hard.

    "YEOW!" And amidst his shout of pain, Kamoho reacted - biting the drilbur fiercely who -

    ~~~~

    One quick repeat trip to the pokemon centre later, Mordecai tried again, releasing the drilbur. "Hey!"

    That caused the drilbur to halt long enough for the ranger to talk. "Okay! Yeesh! I don't get why you're so mad - you attacked /us/!"

    "Drilbur!"
    "Dile!"

    The drilbur swerved to the totodile. "DRILBUR!"

    The totodile snapped his jaws threatening. "DILE!"

    "ENOUGH! Both of you!" Resulting in two visibly pouting pokemon. Mordecai inhaled, and exhaled. Things were supposed to get /easier/ when you had a second pokemon, not harder.

    So he sighed. "Look, you're mad because Kamoho and I beat you up, right?"

    "DRILL!"

    "Then wait for a bit. We're going to be training right now, so we can get to Orum - if you stick with it, you'll get much stronger."

    Bull. The drilbur was having none of this nonsense - he wanted to go home. But as he stepped forward, he did notice Kamoho step towards him.

    Mordecai noted that with interest - the drilbur was actively afraid of Kamoho.

    It wasn't likely that he was getting through tonight, though. "Okay... let's get going! We're losing daylight."

    He returned his drilbur. True to his word, Kamoho got to ride on his shoulder. "Let's get you something to bite - besides me!" He added, jerking his head and the totodile away from himself. What was the saying - like herding meowth?

    He walked out the other exit of town, looking around - staying within or just out of sight of the city gates.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The nurse takes your pokeballs, and curtly points to a door to your right, back near the entrance. She stares at you indignantly upon hearing you ask about Leia, her scorn almost palpable. She ignores your question and goes to heal your pokemon.

    One of the other people in the center, an older man, chimes in, "Uhh, I heard that Leia's up and holed herself up inside the gym. She's mourning that pokemon what got killed and such this afternoon. You hear about that, youngin?"
    "I'm just trying to make things right," Pitch says sadly as the nurse walks away.

    Pitch tries to wash most of the blood off of his shirt in a sink.

    "Yeah, I heard about it," Pitch says, not elaborating more.

    When the nurse brings his Pokeballs back, Pitch heads for the Gym. Best to not let her stew on it all night.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo looked at the giant bug pokemon that surrounded him. I can't outrun them, and neither can Piri Piri or Nightlock. Which means we need a miracle or a distraction. He crouched, and released his two pokemon. When they saw what was around them, they blanched, and started suddering in fear.

    Listen Leo whispered I'm going to be honest with the two of you. We're not all going to make it out of this alive. Tears started rolling down his cheeks, I'll create a distraction, throw some pokeballs, ge them angry. You have to run, both of you.

    Leo shoved the last of his peppers to the two pokemon.Piri Piri, don't eat them all at once, Nightlock, the tears fell fast and thick now. I promised you would never go hungry again. I have to break that promise. And I'm so sorry you met me that day, because if we hadn't, you'd be safe now.

    He hugged them quickly, and pushed them away. Run, Run and Don't Look back. He pulled out his pokegear, his finger hovering over the send button. He clicked it, sending a message that he had typed while running. I'm sorry I never told you this in person, but I love you. And goodbye.

    Then he turned to the bugs, pulling out a pokeball, and picking up a stick off the ground.

    I'm sorry, so so sorry.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 06:15 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's the least I could do." Mordecai said, although Leia probably only heard part of that. He glanced to the nurse, and took a deep breath before letting it out.

    He didn't either.

    He looked at the two pokeballs he was holding with a little more hesitation than before. He needed to make sure Kamoho and the newcomer were stronger, but...

    No, there was no time like the present. Now he had to get moving - he wanted to get to Orum. Thus, after thanking the nurse and stepping outside, out came Kamoho - with another glare. He paused.

    "...Kamoho, you always seem upset when I send you out. You don't like pokeballs, do you?"

    "DILE!"

    The totodile's energetically angry response actually brought a smile to Mordecai's face. For a moment, he wasn't thinking about the cubchoo. "Ah. Okay, I'll try to avoid that, then. But! It's time to meet a new friend!"

    Out came the other pokeball - complete with drilbur. Mordecai knelt slightly, and smiled. "Hello! I'm Mordecai." He reached one hand forward. "I'm looking forward to - " He began, when the drilbur slashed him with one claw - and hard.

    "YEOW!" And amidst his shout of pain, Kamoho reacted - biting the drilbur fiercely who -

    ~~~~

    One quick repeat trip to the pokemon centre later, Mordecai tried again, releasing the drilbur. "Hey!"

    That caused the drilbur to halt long enough for the ranger to talk. "Okay! Yeesh! I don't get why you're so mad - you attacked /us/!"

    "Drilbur!"
    "Dile!"

    The drilbur swerved to the totodile. "DRILBUR!"

    The totodile snapped his jaws threatening. "DILE!"

    "ENOUGH! Both of you!" Resulting in two visibly pouting pokemon. Mordecai inhaled, and exhaled. Things were supposed to get /easier/ when you had a second pokemon, not harder.

    So he sighed. "Look, you're mad because Kamoho and I beat you up, right?"

    "DRILL!"

    "Then wait for a bit. We're going to be training right now, so we can get to Orum - if you stick with it, you'll get much stronger."

    Bull. The drilbur was having none of this nonsense - he wanted to go home. But as he stepped forward, he did notice Kamoho step towards him.

    Mordecai noted that with interest - the drilbur was actively afraid of Kamoho.

    It wasn't likely that he was getting through tonight, though. "Okay... let's get going! We're losing daylight."

    He returned his drilbur. True to his word, Kamoho got to ride on his shoulder. "Let's get you something to bite - besides me!" He added, jerking his head and the totodile away from himself. What was the saying - like herding meowth?

    He walked out the other exit of town, looking around - staying within or just out of sight of the city gates.


    You walk around for a bit, looking for trouble. Though you find nothing interesting for a while, eventually you catch out of the corner of your eye some rocks moving. Wait...some rocks moving? You look closer and there are indeed four smallish rocks scooting across the ground. It's confusing, to say the least.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "I'm just trying to make things right," Pitch says sadly as the nurse walks away.

    Pitch tries to wash most of the blood off of his shirt in a sink.

    "Yeah, I heard about it," Pitch says, not elaborating more.

    When the nurse brings his Pokeballs back, Pitch heads for the Gym. Best to not let her stew on it all night.
    You succeed in cleaning your shirt. There are still a few faint red marks, but nothing recognizable as blood.

    Outside, the sun has set. Every so often, the relative darkness is brightly illuminated by Port Tidings' massive lighthouse. You reach the Gym without incident.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    You succeed in cleaning your shirt. There are still a few faint red marks, but nothing recognizable as blood.

    Outside, the sun has set. Every so often, the relative darkness is brightly illuminated by Port Tidings' massive lighthouse. You reach the Gym without incident.
    Pitch goes to the front door.

    "Uh, hey," he says to whoever answers the door. "I'd like to talk to Leia. You probably remember me and my Oshawott from earlier," he says, flinching at the likely glare. "I- I never got to say a proper apology. I want to set things right."

    No, he didn't. But if he helped, perhaps they wouldn't run him out of town.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo looked at the giant bug pokemon that surrounded him. I can't outrun them, and neither can Piri Piri or Nightlock. Which means we need a miracle or a distraction. He crouched, and released his two pokemon. When they saw what was around them, they blanched, and started suddering in fear.

    Listen Leo whispered I'm going to be honest with the two of you. We're not all going to make it out of this alive. Tears started rolling down his cheeks, I'll create a distraction, throw some pokeballs, ge them angry. You have to run, both of you.

    Leo shoved the last of his peppers to the two pokemon.[COLOR="DarkOrange]"] Piri Piri, don't eat them all at once, Nightlock,[/COLOR] the tears fell fast and thick now. I promised you would never go hungry again. I have to break that promise. And I'm so sorry you met me that day, because if we hadn't, you'd be safe now.

    He hugged them quickly, and pushed them away. Run, Run and Don't Look back. He pulled out his pokegear, his finger hovering over the send button. He clicked it, sending a message that he had typed while running. I'm sorry I never told you this in person, but I love you. And goodbye.

    Then he turned to the bugs, pulling out a pokeball, and picking up a stick off the ground.

    I'm sorry, so so sorry.
    Your pokemon manage to squeeze past the Durants, who seem to understand the sacrifice you're making. Unfortunately, they do not share your capacity for compassion.

    They start to open and close their vice-like claw with brutal intent. They don't intend to cut you down methodically, though they easily could. No, they intend to execute you. The alpha male steps up for the first, perhaps only, strike.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guillotine!
    AC 15 (1d20)[11]
    If hit, target is set to 0 HP dies. (Guillotines do not render their victims unconscious, come on.)
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "....hm?"

    Mordecai glanced a little closer. "Are those rocks... moving?"

    Kamoho's eyes went level. Seriously. 'Sure, I'll bring you to something you can bite' and now he's staring at rocks? Did Mordecai seriously intend for him to bite rocks?!

    "Maybe those are... oh! Oh right!" And out came his pokedex. He had a method of detecting 'is this a pokemon'... and he'd forgotten to sync it to his styler. Bah.

    Still, he aimed it at the moving rocks. Which certainly did not help Kamoho's interest in the current situation.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •