Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    "Of course!" she says cheerfully. You scan her pokemon and your Pokedex loads information on Swablu.

    When she hears you answer, she responds, "Oh! In that case...would you like to come with me? My grandparents' 50th anniversary is coming up and they absolutely love the berries from Shea O'Riley's garden in Elrem Forest Clearing. I want to go there and pick some berries to give them as a present, but to be honest I'm kind of scared to go into the forest alone and I can't afford to hire one of those mercenaries."
    "I...sure. Yeah, if I can help at all, I'm sure I can come with. All I need to wait for is Randel's treatment to finish. Ah, that's my Magnemite." she elaborated, glancing over at the door through which the assistant went.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo ducks, and the metal jaws snap over his head. He takes a step back Buy time, just buy as much time as you possibly can. In the back of his head, he realizes that this was his first time in the safari zone as a trainer. Irony was so bittersweet.

    He throws the pokeball, hopefully the thing would die when the ball got crushed between its friends feet and the cold ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[12]

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch goes to the front door.

    "Uh, hey," he says to whoever answers the door. "I'd like to talk to Leia. You probably remember me and my Oshawott from earlier," he says, flinching at the likely glare. "I- I never got to say a proper apology. I want to set things right."

    No, he didn't. But if he helped, perhaps they wouldn't run him out of town.
    A girl answers the door and, yup, glares at you. "You have the nerve...Leia's in her office. I hope she beats your face in for showing it again here. She pointed to a door in the far back of the gym. That same glare is on all the other trainers who are still present. Then again, these are the trainers who spend all day every day with Leia, so their opinions of you are probably among the worst in town.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "....hm?"

    Mordecai glanced a little closer. "Are those rocks... moving?"

    Kamoho's eyes went level. Seriously. 'Sure, I'll bring you to something you can bite' and now he's staring at rocks? Did Mordecai seriously intend for him to bite rocks?!

    "Maybe those are... oh! Oh right!" And out came his pokedex. He had a method of detecting 'is this a pokemon'... and he'd forgotten to sync it to his styler. Bah.

    Still, he aimed it at the moving rocks. Which certainly did not help Kamoho's interest in the current situation.
    Your Totodile waits impatiently as your Pokedex beeps. Soon, it starts to load info on a pokemon called "Dwebble"! Apparently these moving rocks are indeed pokemon.

    Before you can really react though, a pair of birds swoop down and pick up two of the Dwebbles! Another pair of younger looking birds try to pick up the last two Dwebbles, but suddenly a big rock nearby starts moving and intercepts the birds! It launches some rocks at one of the birds and hurts it fairly severely.

    The two older birds return, and the bigger rock pokemon turns its attention to them. You are standing there, trying to decide how best to get involved if at all. None of the pokemon are paying attention to you right now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    "I...sure. Yeah, if I can help at all, I'm sure I can come with. All I need to wait for is Randel's treatment to finish. Ah, that's my Magnemite." she elaborated, glancing over at the door through which the assistant went.
    The assistant hands the nurse your pokemon. "Here you go, Miss!" the nurse says. She again goes right back to her paperwork.

    "Great! Oooh, your Magnemite looks strong. It's a little too late to head out now, unless we want to sleep in Elrem Forest tonight...I know I don't. But we can definitely get some training done so we're a little stronger once we do go. Want to?" she asks, gesturing toward the door.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    A girl answers the door and, yup, glares at you. "You have the nerve...Leia's in her office. I hope she beats your face in for showing it again here. She pointed to a door in the far back of the gym. That same glare is on all the other trainers who are still present. Then again, these are the trainers who spend all day every day with Leia, so their opinions of you are probably among the worst in town.
    Pitch walks through the Gym, head down, not looking to either side. He goes straight to Leia's office, trying to seem like he was blocking the glares. Really, they were praise. But he couldn't act like that. Even one of them could probably take him down.

    He finally arrives at the door and knocks on it. "Leia... It's Pitch. Can we talk?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo ducks, and the metal jaws snap over his head. He takes a step back Buy time, just buy as much time as you possibly can. In the back of his head, he realizes that this was his first time in the safari zone as a trainer. Irony was so bittersweet.

    He throws the pokeball, hopefully the thing would die when the ball got crushed between its friends feet and the cold ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9]
    The Durants had been laughing at you, dodging for your life like a little...well, ant. When your pokeball absorbs one of them though, the rest stop laughing.

    Not one second later, almost before the pokeball even hits the ground, the Durant breaks free. And they all resume laughing.

    This time the one you just tried to catch steps up. The rest chomp their jaws even louder than before.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guillotine!
    (1d20)[9]
    Good luck.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch walks through the Gym, head down, not looking to either side. He goes straight to Leia's office, trying to seem like he was blocking the glares. Really, they were praise. But he couldn't act like that. Even one of them could probably take him down.

    He finally arrives at the door and knocks on it. "Leia... It's Pitch. Can we talk?"
    Leia answers the door. Her eyes look bloodshot. It seems like she is about to scream at you, but she instead motions you toward the chair in front of her desk. She closes the door and takes her seat.

    When you two are both seated, she leans over and opens one of the bottom drawers of her desk. She reaches inside to pull something out.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo throws himself to the side this time. He knew he had no chance of winning. It was all a matter of how long they wanted to play with their food. But he had one more pokeball and by mew he would use it!

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100+5)[22]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 07:12 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo throws himself to the side this time. He knew he had no chance of winning. It was all a matter of how long they wanted to play with their food. But he had one more pokeball and by mew he would use it!

    [spoiler](1d20)[12][/spolier]
    This time, the pokeball actually shakes a few times. For a moment, it seems like you actually might catch it!

    But then it breaks out, already laughing. Seems like it was just toying with you. The Durants as a whole though, are not toying with you anymore. This time, all of them step up.

    You brace yourself for the impact, as there will be no dodging this.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guillotine! Times SIX!!
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[9]
    Wait...none of them hit?!
    Screw the numbers, I have GM abilities! You die.


    Everything goes dark. For just a split second, you are afraid that you've actually died.

    You snap awake, safe in your own bed. It is the next morning, and your pokemon are soundly asleep right where they were before.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 07:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Whoa!"

    Impulse one was to ensure any civilians in the area were safe, and that made clear to try to back away before he became the centre of attention. With no civilians around, he could...

    Wait. No, right. Pokemon trainer.

    Okay so instead, he took a good look. Okay, the birds were invading the rock things - dwebble? What weird rock pokemon. Anyway, didn't rock beat flying? Why were birds trying to eat rocks? Were those actually not flying pokemon? Or... not actually rocks? But they were named /pebble/!

    ....a war was going on in front of his face, and he was complaining about types. Man, Mordecai. He pointed.

    "Let's keep those birds out, Kamoho! Scratch that one!"

    Now /that/ was something Kamoho could get on board with. He launched himself off Mordecai's shoulder - teeth giving another of his strange slashes. Out came Mordecai's styler, which he launched forward in an arc.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses his styler on A2!
    Restraining roll: (1d100)[68] (Whoops, forgot the -20! That's actually 48)

    Kamoho moves to H-7!
    Kamoho uses scratch against Y2!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[16]
    Damage roll: (1d12+13)[14]

    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-16 at 07:56 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo lay in a cold sweat on his bed for a full minute while is mind was processing what had happened. Leo never has nightmare, not once that he could ever remember. And from what the books on them he had read, they usually weren't that bad.

    He glanced over at Piri Piri and Nightlock It will never happen, I promise. And then, a rather unforunate thought struck him.

    Oh muk! for holy love of mew and arceus and all the great pokemon above and below ... Pleas don't have sent that text in real life. He snatched his pokegear off his nightstand and checked it. No text, thank goodness.

    Leo got up and went to take a shower after putting his sheets in to wash. They smelled horribly now. That dream was not normal. Not normal at all... Hypno can induce nightmares, but there was no hypno in my room... and I'd probably be dead from the way that dream ended. No, it's something much more powerful than a hypno.

    After the shower, Leo went to his personal library and took three volumes from their shelves. "Legends of Wuhtu" "On the nature of the Unconscious Mind" and "Pokemon of the Darke" He heated up some spicy tea, and pursued the volumes at length, searching for an answer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    know check, (1d20+2)[10] i believe. Yes I have a very specific pokemon in mind.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Whoa!"

    Impulse one was to ensure any civilians in the area were safe, and that made clear to try to back away before he became the centre of attention. With no civilians around, he could...

    Wait. No, right. Pokemon trainer.

    Okay so instead, he took a good look. Okay, the birds were invading the rock things - dwebble? What weird rock pokemon. Anyway, didn't rock beat flying? Why were birds trying to eat rocks? Were those actually not flying pokemon? Or... not actually rocks? But they were named /pebble/!

    ....a war was going on in front of his face, and he was complaining about types. Man, Mordecai. He pointed.

    "Let's keep those birds out, Kamoho! Scratch that one!"

    Now /that/ was something Kamoho could get on board with. He launched himself off Mordecai's shoulder - teeth giving another of his strange slashes. Out came Mordecai's styler, which he launched forward in an arc.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses his styler on A2!
    Restraining roll: (1d20)[1]

    Kamoho moves to H-7!
    Kamoho uses scratch against Y2!
    Attack roll: (2d8+13)[22]
    Damage roll: (2d8+6)[15]

    You nobly decide to help these Dwebbles defend their home ground. Your pokedex beeps another time and shows you more information about them. They are Bug/Rock types.

    The bird you try to restrain is able to break free of your styler, but is too preoccupied with the large rock pokemon to be able to retaliate.

    Your Totodile scratches the closest young bird and looks to have done some solid damage.

    The battle, which you now find yourself a third party in, rages on in spite of your intervention. The two larger birds peck away at the large rock pokemon, which looks relatively unfazed. The distant small bird attacks one of the Dwebbles, also doing minimal damage to its target. The rock pokemon respond with considerably more painful strikes. The large one slams some rocks into one of the adult birds, knocking it backward. The two Dwebbles team up on the other adult bird, combining to be about as effective.

    The small bird that your Totodile attacked responds by backing up and launching itself at Kamoho!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tackle
    AC 3 (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d8+13)[22]
    Crit: (2d8+6)[15]
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo lay in a cold sweat on his bed for a full minute while is mind was processing what had happened. Leo never has nightmare, not once that he could ever remember. And from what the books on them he had read, they usually weren't that bad.

    He glanced over at Piri Piri and Nightlock It will never happen, I promise. And then, a rather unforunate thought struck him.

    Oh muk! for holy love of mew and arceus and all the great pokemon above and below ... Pleas don't have sent that text in real life. He snatched his pokegear off his nightstand and checked it. No text, thank goodness.

    Leo got up and went to take a shower after putting his sheets in to wash. They smelled horribly now. That dream was not normal. Not normal at all... Hypno can induce nightmares, but there was no hypno in my room... and I'd probably be dead from the way that dream ended. No, it's something much more powerful than a hypno.

    After the shower, Leo went to his personal library and took three volumes from their shelves. "Legends of Wuhtu" "On the nature of the Unconscious Mind" and "Pokemon of the Darke" He heated up some spicy tea, and pursued the volumes at length, searching for an answer.

    Spoiler
    Show
    know check, [roll0] i believe. Yes I have a very specific pokemon in mind.
    You pore over your volumes of forgotten lore, but while you ponder, weak and weary, about your midnight nightmare query, you end up feeling fairly dreary, because you are unable to find anything concrete.

    Eventually you are interrupted by your pokemon having woke up and poking you. They are--as could be expected--hungry.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    /Now/ Kamoho was much happier. His jaws were happy, and thus he was happy. He batted aside the attack by the bird - Time for another!

    He was then interrupted by the array of light from Mordecai zipping past him. "Keep it up, Kamoho! Scr... bite your heart out!" Mordecai shouted as his styler flashed by. The totodile happily complied.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses his styler on A2! Again!
    Restraining roll: (1d100-20)[59]

    Kamoho uses scratch against Y2! Again!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[10]
    Damage roll: (1d12+13)[23]

    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo frowns at his books. That he couldn't find anything was weird, and he didn't like it. He closed his books when the pokemon came in. I suppose you want some food, don't you? They smiled in unison. Alright, give me half an hour. We'll have scrambled torchic eggs, and tepig bacon, and toast.

    Leo sets off working in the kitchen, hoping to make his mother proud of him. It was also a good way to calm his nerves. He served the food when it was done, leaving the last serving for his mother.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo's father doesn't especially like spicy food, so he cooks everything for himself.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 08:27 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia answers the door. Her eyes look bloodshot. It seems like she is about to scream at you, but she instead motions you toward the chair in front of her desk. She closes the door and takes her seat.

    When you two are both seated, she leans over and opens one of the bottom drawers of her desk. She reaches inside to pull something out.
    "Look Leia, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. It was an accident, I promise-" he says, pausing so she can grab whatever she is grabbing.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas cringed as he let Loki's ectoplasmic tongue roll over his face. This was better than nothing and if he disapproved of it whatever rapport the Gastly had for him would go down the drain. It seemed that Orobas had been helpful once again; the name he had chosen was suiting the psychic type more and more by the second.

    "Let's get some training in today. I don't think I should be risking the road just yet. When we get back I'll buy us all something too eat."

    It was common knowledge that the roads were not particularly safe, so they would probably have to stick closer to the town. Or even find trainers within the tơn itself. Maybe he could challenge the other children who had received their Pokemon today. Would they be in the Pokemon Center? He would just have to see.

    Returning both Loki and Orobas to their respective Pokeballs, Nikolas moved back into the lobby wearing his deadened frown, to scout out familiar faces.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    /Now/ Kamoho was much happier. His jaws were happy, and thus he was happy. He batted aside the attack by the bird - Time for another!

    He was then interrupted by the array of light from Mordecai zipping past him. "Keep it up, Kamoho! Scr... bite your heart out!" Mordecai shouted as his styler flashed by. The totodile happily complied.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Mordecai uses his styler on A2! Again!
    Restraining roll: [roll0]

    Kamoho uses scratch against Y2! Again!
    Attack roll: [roll1]
    Damage roll: [roll2]

    As the battle rages on, your pokedex finally returns full info on the pokemon you scanned.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwebble: things and stuff.


    You attempt to restrain the bird once again, but it is able to slip out this time as well. It seems particularly quick.

    Your Totodile scratches the other bird with its teeth and is able to render his opponent unconscious. The bird falls to the ground, motionless but breathing.

    The two older birds, enraged at their young being knocked out, start to turn their attention to you. But the large rock pokemon is able to cut their aggression short by launching another rock into the large bird by it, knocking that bird unconscious as well! Then the two smaller rock pokemon, inspired by their bigger brethren's success, emulate it by downing their target too.

    Now alone, the bird you've been trying to restrain looks like it's panicking. This would-have-been routine food pickup is proving much deadlier than it had hoped! It tries to flee, but the opening volley from the large rock pokemon has rendered it unable to fly. It merely hobbles a few feet away.

    You find yourself on the victorious side, in a sense. You are unsure whether the rock pokemon will be grateful for your assistance or wary of your intrusion, as for the moment they are still paying attention to the birds.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo frowns at his books. That he couldn't find anything was weird, and he didn't like it. He closed his books when the pokemon came in. I suppose you want some food, don't you? They smiled in unison. Alright, give me half an hour. We'll have scrambled torchic eggs, and tepig bacon, and toast.

    Leo sets off working in the kitchen, hoping to make his mother proud of him. It was also a good way to calm his nerves. He served the food when it was done, leaving the last serving for his mother.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo's father doesn't especially like spicy food, so he cooks everything for himself.
    You successfully whip up enough food to feed yourself, your two pokemon, and possible another person! That is, if your newfound Munchlax doesn't feel especially hungry today. Your pokemon are very happy as they eat the food you made them.

    It would seem strange for them to have any knowledge of your noble sacrifice for them in your dream...but somehow, it feels like they understand exactly what you would do for them if push came to shove. When they are done eating, both Piri Piri and Nightlock hug one of your legs each.

    Then they stand back to back, and it looks like they're comparing which one is taller. They look at you, expecting a ruling.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Piri Piri loyalty: 2 -> 3!
    Nightlock loyalty: 2 -> 3!
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Look Leia, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. It was an accident, I promise-" he says, pausing so she can grab whatever she is grabbing.
    Leia slowly pulls her hand out, closes the drawer, and swings her arm up over the desk.

    She sets down a syringe and waves you off. "It's alright, Pitch. I believe you, that it was an accident. I mean, what kind of trainer tries to kill a pokemon in their first battle?"

    "I'm sorry for being so curt with you earlier. I was in shock about my Cubchoo. It's just...it always hurts when a pokemon passes away, but for on to die that young really tears at me. I forgot how much that must have hurt you and took my anger out on you. I'm sorry, Pitch."

    "I'm glad you came back, because I realized it was wrong of me to deny you a TM. You did win, after all. I also realized that I have the perfect TM for you, all things considered. This one contains False Swipe, a move that will bring a pokemon to the verge of fainting but no further. Teach it to your Oshawott--I'm guessing it feels bad just like us--and he'll never have to feel the pain of taking another pokemon's life ever again."

    "I also owe you another couple of pokeballs, so here you go.
    " She pulls out another two pokeballs and sets them down on the table next to the TM. She looks at you and smiles.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-16 at 10:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo inspects his charges, You know, I do think you two are exactly the same height.

    They looked at Leo, eyebrow's raised. yes, they just so happened to be exactly the same height, how convenient

    Noticing their looks, Leo smiled. How about we do some training, and then I need to go talk to Halle about ... traveling.

    The two pokemon nodded, they were looking forward to testing their strength. Leo returned the two pokemon, and headed off to try and find some of the trainers who had earned their starters yesterday.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-08-16 at 10:39 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia slowly pulls her hand out, closes the drawer, and swings her arm up over the desk.

    She sets down a syringe and waves you off. "It's alright, Pitch. I believe you, that it was an accident. I mean, what kind of trainer tries to kill a pokemon in their first battle?"

    "I'm sorry for being so curt with you earlier. I was in shock about my Cubchoo. It's just...it always hurts when a pokemon passes away, but for on to die that young really tears at me. I forgot how much that must have hurt you and took my anger out on you. I'm sorry, Pitch."

    "I'm glad you came back, because I realized it was wrong of me to deny you a TM. You did win, after all. I also realized that I have the perfect TM for you, all things considered. This one contains False Swipe, a move that will bring a pokemon to the verge of fainting but no further. Teach it to your Oshawott--I'm guessing it feels bad just like us--and he'll never have to feel the pain of taking another pokemon's life ever again."

    "I also owe you another couple of pokeballs, so here you go.
    " She pulls out another two pokeballs and sets them down on the table next to the TM. She looks at you and smiles.
    Pitch gives a genuine smile at the TM gift, which may have not been a good idea. Not a fake, normal smile, but a real smile.

    "Thanks," he says, pocketing the Pokeballs and TM. "I'll be sure to teach it to him soon. Try to avoid something like that happening again. I wouldn't want to have to put me, Thales, and another trainer through that again."

    "Anyways, about why I came here. I was wondering if you would like some help with a funeral, or maybe a service? I feel bad about it, and would be willing to help in any way possible."

    At least she isn't angry. Maybe they aren't as weak as I thought.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas cringed as he let Loki's ectoplasmic tongue roll over his face. This was better than nothing and if he disapproved of it whatever rapport the Gastly had for him would go down the drain. It seemed that Orobas had been helpful once again; the name he had chosen was suiting the psychic type more and more by the second.

    "Let's get some training in today. I don't think I should be risking the road just yet. When we get back I'll buy us all something too eat."

    It was common knowledge that the roads were not particularly safe, so they would probably have to stick closer to the town. Or even find trainers within the tơn itself. Maybe he could challenge the other children who had received their Pokemon today. Would they be in the Pokemon Center? He would just have to see.

    Returning both Loki and Orobas to their respective Pokeballs, Nikolas moved back into the lobby wearing his deadened frown, to scout out familiar faces.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Totally forgot you were still in the Center!


    Around the lobby, conversations fly and people all seem busy. Unfortunately, you don't recognize any of the people in there at the moment.

    Then the doors burst open and another trainer runs in, shouting excitedly, "Hooray! Hey everyone, I just caught my first pokemon! I'm a real trainer, wahoo!" The other patrons seem amused, and a few clap for him rather genuinely. He strolls up to the counter and tells the nurse, "Remember me? I came in earlier! I have two pokemon now. Please heal them up, it was hard capturing this one, he says with a huge smile. The nurse nods and takes his pokemon back for healing.

    The trainer turns to you and his face looks roughly familiar. His memory seems crystal clear. "Hey, you're the kid that went after me! Did you beat Mister Sylum too?"
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo inspects his charges, You know, I do think you two are exactly the same height.

    They looked at Leo, eyebrow's raised. yes, they just so happened to be exactly the same height, how convenient

    Noticing their looks, Leo smiled. How about we do some training, and then I need to go talk to Halle about ... traveling.

    The two pokemon nodded, they were looking forward to testing their strength. Leo returned the two pokemon, and headed off to try and find some of the trainers who had earned their starters yesterday.
    You walk around town for a while, but you can't see any of the other trainers who would have earned their starters yesterday just like you. Suddenly your pokegear starts ringing!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a phone call, just to be perfectly clear.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch gives a genuine smile at the TM gift, which may have not been a good idea. Not a fake, normal smile, but a real smile.

    "Thanks," he says, pocketing the Pokeballs and TM. "I'll be sure to teach it to him soon. Try to avoid something like that happening again. I wouldn't want to have to put me, Thales, and another trainer through that again."

    "Anyways, about why I came here. I was wondering if you would like some help with a funeral, or maybe a service? I feel bad about it, and would be willing to help in any way possible."

    At least she isn't angry. Maybe they aren't as weak as I thought.
    She nods as you accept the TM. To your potential surprise, she doesn't seem very perked up at the idea of a funeral.

    "No, it's alright. I'd rather like to just put this whole business out of mind and focus on happier things. Also, I've already asked Mordecai to bring the Cubchoo's body up to Orum for a proper burial. Avu is great with that sort of thing. Have you ever been to Orum, Pitch?" she asks you wistfully.
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo flips his pokegear open. Hello, this is Leo.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo flips his pokegear open. Hello, this is Leo.
    The voice from the other end comes out incredibly loudly at first. "HI! Leo?" Someone on the other end tells the speaker that there's no need to yell. "Oh, sorry. But hi Leo, my name's Billy and I went after you yesterday. I beat Halle too!"

    "So I just came back to the gym to ask her for the other starting trainers' numbers, and I got yours and another girl's. I called her first because she's a girl, but she's apparently already out on the road. So I figured, maybe we could have a little battle? It would be good for our pokemon! Whaddya say?
    "
    Spoiler: Pokemon!
    Show
    Friend Code: 4914-4268-7916. I play Y a lot.


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Leo smiled, this was just too perfect. Actually I as just trying to find another rookie to have a battle with. I caught another pokemon yesterday, do you have two? Either way, lets meet outside the pokemon center. That way we'll be close to healing after the battle.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas steps back suddenly, frightened by the sudden appearance of the newcomer. He quickly hid his discomfort and regarded the trainer coolly, "Yes I did. My Pokemon have just been healed." Though he was not yet comfortable with speaking to other trainers, the loud boy was exactly what he was looking for. Battling the other trainers in the gym was likely not a good idea, with at least half of them being somewhat experienced trainers or potential gym challengers. Thankfully, the excitable trainer was neither of these things, and a new trainer, just like himself.

    "If you would be willing, I should like to battle you," he said, jumping straight into the point.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-08-16 at 11:09 PM.

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •