Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo smiled, this was just too perfect. Actually I as just trying to find another rookie to have a battle with. I caught another pokemon yesterday, do you have two? Either way, lets meet outside the pokemon center. That way we'll be close to healing after the battle.
    "Cool! And that's neat that you've caught another pokemon already. I still only have my starter, but we trained all day yesterday so hopefully it's pretty strong! Sure, I'll see you there."

    You hear a click as the boy hangs up.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    A wild glitchmonster appears!

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas steps back suddenly, frightened by the sudden appearance of the newcomer. He quickly hid his discomfort and regarded the trainer coolly, "Yes I did. My Pokemon have just been healed." Though he was not yet comfortable with speaking to other trainers, the loud boy was exactly what he was looking for. Battling the other trainers in the gym was likely not a good idea, with at least half of them being somewhat experienced trainers or potential gym challengers. Thankfully, the excitable trainer was neither of these things, and a new trainer, just like himself.

    "If you would be willing, I should like to battle you," he said, jumping straight into the point.
    "Sure! Battles are a lot of fun. He extends his hand to you. "My name's Shane.

    The nurse quickly returns with Shane's pokemon. "Here you are, Sir." She seems to know what you two are planning from just looking at you. "Oh geez, you two are about to battle aren't you? You kids are always so eager. Can you please go outside of town? Thanks, and I'll be here when you get back."

    The boy shrugs and motions for you to follow him outside like the nurse asked.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    She nods as you accept the TM. To your potential surprise, she doesn't seem very perked up at the idea of a funeral.

    "No, it's alright. I'd rather like to just put this whole business out of mind and focus on happier things. Also, I've already asked Mordecai to bring the Cubchoo's body up to Orum for a proper burial. Avu is great with that sort of thing. Have you ever been to Orum, Pitch?" she asks you wistfully.
    "Yes, once upon a time. I have family there, family I'm not particularly fond of," Pitch says. "I try to avoid it, more to stay away from them than anything," he says.

    A passable story. Not your best, but passable.

    "Anyways, my condolences for your loss and thank you for the . If you change your mind about a service, call me. You should have my number; you gave me the Pokegear after all."

    Unless otherwise interrupted, Pitch rises to leave and goes to rent a room at the Pokemon Center.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Bad Situation's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Onboard the HMS Brave
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Nikolas accepts the hand warily and gives it a slight shake. "Lead the way. Based on your previous statement, you have two Pokemon. I have also obtained a second Pokemon in addition to my starter." Nikolas follows Shane for a ways before remembering to give his name, "My name is Nikolas."

    ⑨Strongest Ice⑨

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Yes, once upon a time. I have family there, family I'm not particularly fond of," Pitch says. "I try to avoid it, more to stay away from them than anything," he says.

    A passable story. Not your best, but passable.

    "Anyways, my condolences for your loss and thank you for the . If you change your mind about a service, call me. You should have my number; you gave me the Pokegear after all."

    Unless otherwise interrupted, Pitch rises to leave and goes to rent a room at the Pokemon Center.
    Leia bids you farewell as you leave. She pulls out her pokegear as you stand up. Right before you close her door, you think you hear her say, "Hey, Avu."

    The streets are mostly dead, as it's fairly late by now. You see no one on your way to the Center. Inside, only a few people go about their business and it looks like the nightshift nurse has taken over working at the counter. It does not seem like she recognizes you. "Awful late for a kid to walk in. What can I do you for?"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    It sounds like his started will probably be stronger than Piri Piri if he trained with it all day. Leo released his pokemon. Nightlock I know you want to battle, but we're facing an opponet stronger than both you and Piri Piri, and Piri will probably have type advantage over the opponet. i promise we'll go training today, but I need money if I'm going to leave town this week. Are you ok with that.

    Nightlock nodded somberly, and then looked up quickly. Lax? Leo laughed Yes, you can have some peppers. He hands some to Nightlock, and turns to Piri Pir. Eat this, we might need fire moves again today, and that starter will probably have the berry Halle gave them.

    Then, returning both pokemon, Leo heads to the pokemon center, to have his first trainer battle.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas accepts the hand warily and gives it a slight shake. "Lead the way. Based on your previous statement, you have two Pokemon. I have also obtained a second Pokemon in addition to my starter." Nikolas follows Shane for a ways before remembering to give his name, "My name is Nikolas."
    Shane is quite talkative as the two of you walk.

    "...so then Mister Sylum pulls out three pokeballs, right? And he's all like, 'Choose your fate' and stuff. Man that guy is cool. He's so...so...just cool. Did you know that he once survived a 50-person tournament to the death? Fifty people! And he came out on top. I can't even imagine."

    "Oh so anyway, I beat Mister Sylum's Drifloon with my trusty Natu. And then I found a feisty Poochyena outside of town! Man, being a trainer is just great.
    "

    Eventually you two reach a relatively open field outside of town. There are a few holes in the ground which is par for the course around Orum. Besides that, there are only some trees around. This place looks as good as any! I'll lead with my new Poochyena. Go, Pinto! You can go first, Nikolas."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 01:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Huh.

    Nope, totally didn't go how he expected. Or, well, it essentially went how he'd figure with a bird trying to eat a rock, but he thought the birds had an idea as to why they were attempting this.

    Or something.

    Anyway! Seems the rock poke... the dwebbles are in charge of or at least reside in this area. Depending on their reaction, travel in this immediate location could get more simple. Just one more of the invader - he glanced at Kamoho. How was he?

    "Dile!"

    The totodile danced in joy about the unconscious bird, calling out in exuberance. Okay, that was good.

    "This way, Kamoho." Mordecai looked at the last bird - and felt more than a little sorry for it, hobbling like that. Yeah, he'll ry to catch that one. He utilized his pokedex, then hurled a pokeball in that direction. Of course, the reaction of the dwebbles would determine what happened next - so there may be more biting to be done. Still, the ball was in their court.

    ...oh, maybe the larger dwebble was actually a different pokemon. He dexed that one too.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Pokedexing bird!
    Pokedexing big dwebble!

    Mordecai tries to capture the remaining bird!
    Restraining Capture roll: (1d100+5)[31]

    Charisma check: (1d20+2)[4]

    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-16 at 11:48 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    It sounds like his started will probably be stronger than Piri Piri if he trained with it all day. Leo released his pokemon. Nightlock I know you want to battle, but we're facing an opponet stronger than both you and Piri Piri, and Piri will probably have type advantage over the opponet. i promise we'll go training today, but I need money if I'm going to leave town this week. Are you ok with that.

    Nightlock nodded somberly, and then looked up quickly. Lax? Leo laughed Yes, you can have some peppers. He hands some to Nightlock, and turns to Piri Pir. Eat this, we might need fire moves again today, and that starter will probably have the berry Halle gave them.

    Then, returning both pokemon, Leo heads to the pokemon center, to have his first trainer battle.
    The eager trainer is already in front of the center when you get there. He's waving enthusiastically to you and you can see a small yellow camel-like pokemon next to him. You recognize it as a Numel. "Hey there!"
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Leia bids you farewell as you leave. She pulls out her pokegear as you stand up. Right before you close her door, you think you hear her say, "Hey, Avu."

    The streets are mostly dead, as it's fairly late by now. You see no one on your way to the Center. Inside, only a few people go about their business and it looks like the nightshift nurse has taken over working at the counter. It does not seem like she recognizes you. "Awful late for a kid to walk in. What can I do you for?"
    She's calling Avu. Muk! Pitch thinks to himself. He'd hoped to stay here for at least a week. It could just be the Cubchoo though, stuff is buried there, he thinks to himself. Anyways, he'd have to make his stay a little shorter, just in case. He'd hit up that Pokemart owner tomorrow and try to get a few jobs.

    As he leaves, Pitch attempts to scan any Pokemon that may be out in the Gym, trying to do it as covertly as possible. He'd probably miss a few scans, firing from his hip like this, but he didn't want to annoy the Gym Trainers even more.

    Pitch continues to test the device out on the way to the Center. It really was remarkable. Full body scans, anatomy, behavior... It was a useful tool, if nothing else.

    He continues the scanning as he enters the Center. All this data was almost orgasmic to Pitch; so useful, so perfect. Every little bit of it would help him in the future. He looks through the entries, finding Pokemon that would be useful.

    "Uh, yes. Just a place to crash for the night. I'm a new trainer, and didn't plan any other accommodations. Oh, and can I get a TM applied?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-16 at 11:58 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Huh.

    Nope, totally didn't go how he expected. Or, well, it essentially went how he'd figure with a bird trying to eat a rock, but he thought the birds had an idea as to why they were attempting this.

    Or something.

    Anyway! Seems the rock poke... the dwebbles are in charge of or at least reside in this area. Depending on their reaction, travel in this immediate location could get more simple. Just one more of the invader - he glanced at Kamoho. How was he?

    "Dile!"

    The totodile danced in joy about the unconscious bird, calling out in exuberance. Okay, that was good.

    "This way, Kamoho." Mordecai looked at the last bird - and felt more than a little sorry for it, hobbling like that. Yeah, he'll ry to catch that one. He utilized his pokedex, then hurled a pokeball in that direction. Of course, the reaction of the dwebbles would determine what happened next - so there may be more biting to be done. Still, the ball was in their court.

    ...oh, maybe the larger dwebble was actually a different pokemon. He dexed that one too.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Pokedexing bird!
    Pokedexing big dwebble!

    Mordecai tries to capture the remaining bird!
    Restraining Capture roll: [roll0]

    Charisma check: [roll1]

    Your pokedex beeps and boops as it searches for info on the two pokemon.

    The pokeball hits the injured but still conscious bird and sucks it in. The pokeball falls to the ground, bounces once, then starts to roll around. A few moments later, it stabilizes and clicks. You caught Starly!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 3
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Gentle
    Stats
    HP 4
    Attack 6
    Def 3 (-2)
    SATK 3
    SDEF 3 (+2)
    Speed 6
    Hp level: 10%


    You can't quite tell what the Dwebbles will do. But once they see you capture the bird pokemon, they seem to decide it would be best to leave the scene. They start to shuffle away.

    They aren't very quick though, so it's up to you to decide what happens next.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    A numel. I had the option of fighting one that Halle used, but I went with growlithe instead. What did you battle?

    Numel huh, well it could be worse, but not by much. Leo looked over the numel carefully, trying to figure out just how strong it was.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Frantic Research(1d20+4)[15] on 15 I know lv. On 20 I know lv and heath

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    She's calling Avu. Muk! Pitch thinks to himself. He'd hoped to stay here for at least a week. It could just be the Cubchoo though, stuff is buried there, he thinks to himself. Anyways, he'd have to make his stay a little shorter, just in case. He'd hit up that Pokemart owner tomorrow and try to get a few jobs.

    As he leaves, Pitch attempts to scan any Pokemon that may be out in the Gym, trying to do it as covertly as possible. He'd probably miss a few scans, firing from his hip like this, but he didn't want to annoy the Gym Trainers even more.

    Pitch continues to test the device out on the way to the Center. It really was remarkable. Full body scans, anatomy, behavior... It was a useful tool, if nothing else.

    He continues the scanning as he enters the Center. All this data was almost orgasmic to Pitch; so useful, so perfect. Every little bit of it would help him in the future. He looks through the entries, finding Pokemon that would be useful.

    "Uh, yes. Just a place to crash for the night. I'm a new trainer, and didn't plan any other accommodations. Oh, and can I get a TM applied?"
    On your way out of the gym, you see a handful of trainers either talking to or practicing with their pokemon. That has the dual benefit of allowing you to scan them while the trainers are distracted.

    Your scanning spree yields you info on four new pokemon: Palpitoad, Spheal, Snover, and Chinchou.

    Though no people were about, a Skitty runs past you and you manage to scan it as well.

    The nurse nods and points to the door on your left. "Cot room's through there, feel free to crash for the night. It won't be the most comfortable bed, but it's a place to sleep."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    On your way out of the gym, you see a handful of trainers either talking to or practicing with their pokemon. That has the dual benefit of allowing you to scan them while the trainers are distracted.

    Your scanning spree yields you info on four new pokemon: Palpitoad, Spheal, Snover, and Chinchou.

    Though no people were about, a Skitty runs past you and you manage to scan it as well.

    The nurse nods and points to the door on your left. "Cot room's through there, feel free to crash for the night. It won't be the most comfortable bed, but it's a place to sleep."
    Pitch takes the bed, asking to have the False Swipe applied as he sleeps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 2!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    A numel. I had the option of fighting one that Halle used, but I went with growlithe instead. What did you battle?

    Numel huh, well it could be worse, but not by much. Leo looked over the numel carefully, trying to figure out just how strong it was.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Frantic Research[roll0] on 15 I know lv. On 20 I know lv and heath
    "I fought an Oddish! Noles here has no trouble taking it down. So some older guy told me we should take this battle out of town. Something about "sanctity of town" or something. Want to follow me to the gate?" He motions for you to follow him and starts to walk toward the gate.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Numel is level 8. DUN DUN DUN!
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch takes the bed, asking to have the False Swipe applied as he sleeps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 2!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray!


    The nurse assents to your request and takes your Oshawott to apply the TM and monitor as it sleeps. She lets you know you can pick it up when you wake in the morning.

    The night passes without incident.

    You are awoken by some bustle around the center fairly early the next morning. The door to the cot room is not exactly soundproof.

    When you go retrieve Thales, the nurse lets you know that the TM injection worked without a hitch. He now knows False Swipe!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Thales' loyalty: 2 -> 3!
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hooray!


    The nurse assents to your request and takes your Oshawott to apply the TM and monitor as it sleeps. She lets you know you can pick it up when you wake in the morning.

    The night passes without incident.

    You are awoken by some bustle around the center fairly early the next morning. The door to the cot room is not exactly soundproof.

    When you go retrieve Thales, the nurse lets you know that the TM injection worked without a hitch. He now knows False Swipe!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Thales' loyalty: 2 -> 3!
    Pitch wakes the next morning to find he was clutching his switchblade. Apparently even monsters have nightmares. Although, his involve jail. Real jail. With big, smelly, men.

    Pitch takes Thales back, thanking the nurse, then goes to see what the comotion is.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch wakes the next morning to find he was clutching his switchblade. Apparently even monsters have nightmares. Although, his involve jail. Real jail. With big, smelly, men.

    Pitch takes Thales back, thanking the nurse, then goes to see what the comotion is.
    Near the front door a guy hastily returns a big bat pokemon to a pokeball.

    Another person says, "Klutz. What kind of trainer with six pokemon drops their pokeballs and releases them all? Inside a center, come on man!"

    The trainer who had the accident profusely apologizes to everyone. "So very sorry everyone, my mistake!"

    You notice that a lot of the other trainers present had been hastily scanning the released pokemon. Unfortunately, you just missed the fun.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 12:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    Near the front door a guy hastily returns a big bat pokemon to a pokeball.

    Another person says, "Klutz. What kind of trainer with six pokemon drops their pokeballs and releases them all? Inside a center, come on man!"

    The trainer who had the accident profusely apologizes to everyone. "So very sorry everyone, my mistake!"

    You notice that a lot of the other trainers present had been hastily scanning the released pokemon. Unfortunately, you just missed the fun.
    Pitch curses under his breath at the missed scans. They would've been strong too. He stops by the counter and gives the nurse his Pokegear, asking if she could store it somewhere as he planned on swimming today.

    Shrugging off the loss, Pitch heads to the Pokemart.

    He goes in to talk to the clerk. "So, you said something about work?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch curses under his breath at the missed scans. They would've been strong too. He stops by the counter and gives the nurse his Pokegear, asking if she could store it somewhere as he planned on swimming today.

    Shrugging off the loss, Pitch heads to the Pokemart.

    He goes in to talk to the clerk. "So, you said something about work?"
    The nurse absentmindedly nods and takes your Pokegear. After working through the night, she's not at her most attentive.

    As you walk past the trainer, he nods to you and a positively magnetic smile appears on his face. "Hello." He then turns and heads to the counter.

    At the mart, the clerk looks up from his newspaper and acknowledges you. "Yes, indeed. I find myself in constant need of some more water for various things around the place. Luckily, that river just outside of town is an endless source, and there is also an endless stream of trainers looking to make some money." He grabs two large buckets and places them on the counter.

    "I'll pay you ^100 per bucketful, so you can make ^200 per trip. Twice that if you want store credit. It's pretty easy work if you're up for it. You might see a few wilds out there but hopefully nothing too fearsome." He looks back down at his newspaper, as if your answer won't really effect him either way.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 01:09 AM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Pitch grins. "Do you have another bucket? And I have a Water Pokemon right here, he could just, you know, make water for you."

    "And how long will one of these trips take me?"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-08-17 at 01:21 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch grins. "Do you have another bucket? And I have a Water Pokemon right here, he could just, you know, make water for you."

    "And how long will one of these trips take me?"
    The shopkeeper looks up and chuckles. He pulls out another bucket to place on the counter. "I have unlimited buckets, if you want more. And no thanks, it has to be fresh water from the stream. You'd be amazed at how much some people would pay for the guarantee that their water's from a natural source and not a pokemon's mouth." You get the sense that he's heard that offer before.

    "The river's pretty close to town. Probably no more than an hour away toward Elrem."
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    "Yeah! Another catch!"

    Man was he getting lucky with his pokeballs - luckier than with his styler, and he'd practiced the latter considerably. Weird how that worked.

    Kamoho glanced to Mordecai, then to the dwebbles. Which meant he was actively seeking the trainer's opinion about something, which meant he was more interested in his trainer's opinion, which meant less angry bitings! Yay!

    "No sense pushing our luck immediately, heh. It's hard to tell what those dwebble are thinking, but we may have won some points with them. If so, that'll help when we head towards Orum."

    Right. At the same time, that did remind him of his goal, as he walked away from where the dwebble were going, but still into the wild. "Which reminds me..." And out came a pokeball.

    ...in which he smiled at the tensing Kamoho. "Nono, I said I wasn't going to return you, remember? Well, unless you're in danger."

    He patted the totodile on the head - who responded pleasantly. Maybe that was a sufficient quota of biting for the evening? Still, he released his drilbur.

    Who glared at him, but otherwise held still due mostly to the totodile on his shoulder.

    "Hey - it's gonna be dark soon. We don't want to be out when it's too dark just yet, but the early nighttime crew of pokemon may be about. Let's see what you can do, Pa'ao. Then we can head back to town and properly eat something."

    Pa'ao grumbled, but left it at a grumble. He followed Mordecai, who still had Kamoho on his shoulder. Backing away from the dwebbles, but lookin' for slightly more trouble.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-17 at 05:06 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

    ~ Final Fantasy Tactics

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CosmicOccurence's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aatos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    As Leo walked with the boy, a battle strategy was forming in his head. I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to let me use both of my pokemon, seeing as yours is stronger than both of mine? We could see which style works better, capturing or training. Of course, eventually you need to do both, but it would be interesting.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The shopkeeper looks up and chuckles. He pulls out another bucket to place on the counter. "I have unlimited buckets, if you want more. And no thanks, it has to be fresh water from the stream. You'd be amazed at how much some people would pay for the guarantee that their water's from a natural source and not a pokemon's mouth." You get the sense that he's heard that offer before.

    "The river's pretty close to town. Probably no more than an hour away toward Elrem."
    "Thanks," Pitch says, taking the third bucket. He sends out Thales.

    "Alright Thales, we're going to get you some training. You see this bucket?" he says, gesturing at the third one. "You and I will take it to the river at the edge of town. You'll fill it, then we'll bring it back," Pitch says, picking up his two and heading out to the river.

    Not glamorous work, but I was going to use the money for TMs anyway, so store credit is great. 600 a trip, 2 hours a trip. He could probably get at least 2400 in store credit today.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll do as many trips as possible until interrupted, stopped, or he sees something interesting such as a wild.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM





  27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mistral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The assistant hands the nurse your pokemon. "Here you go, Miss!" the nurse says. She again goes right back to her paperwork.

    "Great! Oooh, your Magnemite looks strong. It's a little too late to head out now, unless we want to sleep in Elrem Forest tonight...I know I don't. But we can definitely get some training done so we're a little stronger once we do go. Want to?" she asks, gesturing toward the door.
    Celeste looks at the energetic and excited Randel, then to Stephanie. "Um...sure. That sounds like a good idea."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    "Yeah! Another catch!"

    Man was he getting lucky with his pokeballs - luckier than with his styler, and he'd practiced the latter considerably. Weird how that worked.

    Kamoho glanced to Mordecai, then to the dwebbles. Which meant he was actively seeking the trainer's opinion about something, which meant he was more interested in his trainer's opinion, which meant less angry bitings! Yay!

    "No sense pushing our luck immediately, heh. It's hard to tell what those dwebble are thinking, but we may have won some points with them. If so, that'll help when we head towards Orum."

    Right. At the same time, that did remind him of his goal, as he walked away from where the dwebble were going, but still into the wild. "Which reminds me..." And out came a pokeball.

    ...in which he smiled at the tensing Kamoho. "Nono, I said I wasn't going to return you, remember? Well, unless you're in danger."

    He patted the totodile on the head - who responded pleasantly. Maybe that was a sufficient quota of biting for the evening? Still, he released his drilbur.

    Who glared at him, but otherwise held still due mostly to the totodile on his shoulder.

    "Hey - it's gonna be dark soon. We don't want to be out when it's too dark just yet, but the early nighttime crew of pokemon may be about. Let's see what you can do, Pa'ao. Then we can head back to town and properly eat something."

    Pa'ao grumbled, but left it at a grumble. He followed Mordecai, who still had Kamoho on his shoulder. Backing away from the dwebbles, but lookin' for slightly more trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Totodile receives 90 EXP for dealing with the two Starly! (No experience was awarded for the "larger birds" or "rock pokemon" as they only fought each other)
    Also, Kamoho's loyalty: 2 -> 3!


    The Dwebbles and larger rock pokemon--which your pokedex has returned all relevant info on--called a "Crustle" disappear into some tall grass.

    Now that dusk has taken hold, the cries of pokemon subtly change. Some cricket-like pokemon chirp in the background as you walk around. A large blue-and-black lion-like pokemon struts out of the treeline, regards you with what you imagine is contempt, and promptly walks away.

    A few minutes later, a trio of gray-and-black small dog-like creatures jump out at you! They snarl and howl at the night.

    Spoiler
    Show
    <Surprise round>
    All three "dogs" use Howl!
    (Raises Atk 1 combat stage)
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    As Leo walked with the boy, a battle strategy was forming in his head. I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to let me use both of my pokemon, seeing as yours is stronger than both of mine? We could see which style works better, capturing or training. Of course, eventually you need to do both, but it would be interesting.
    The boy shrugs. "Sure, why not? I think Noles here can handle it, right boy?" The Numel happily nudges its head into his hip. Soon, you guys reach a suitable battlefield. "This place look good, Leo?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HZ514's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Thanks," Pitch says, taking the third bucket. He sends out Thales.

    "Alright Thales, we're going to get you some training. You see this bucket?" he says, gesturing at the third one. "You and I will take it to the river at the edge of town. You'll fill it, then we'll bring it back," Pitch says, picking up his two and heading out to the river.

    Not glamorous work, but I was going to use the money for TMs anyway, so store credit is great. 600 a trip, 2 hours a trip. He could probably get at least 2400 in store credit today.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll do as many trips as possible until interrupted, stopped, or he sees something interesting such as a wild.
    You and Thales put your heads down and spend a few hours doing some honest labor. The first trip goes by without seeing a single person, since it's still fairly early in the morning. Only the chirping of distant birds keeps things from being utterly silent.

    The second trip also goes by without incident. You so notice a squad of Rangers stroll into town acting all high and mighty but manage to avoid being seen by any of them just in case. They do make it clear from their loud conversation that they'll be staying down by the harbor, which is far enough away from the Center and Mart that you shouldn't have to worry about bumping into them.

    By the time you reach the river for a third time, it is just past noon. It seems that some pokemon have been studying your habits because when you turn around to head back to town, two mean looking lion-like pokemon roughly 3 feet tall are crouched, ready to pounce. A third, smaller one is behind them and it looks much less intimidating. The two larger ones stare at Thales menacingly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Leer! x2
    AC 2 [/roll]1d20[/roll] <- Whoops, messed up rolls. Rolling in OOC.
    [/roll]1d20[/roll] <- They were 15 & 2.
    Also, Map!
    (The buckets can be knocked over, possibly into the river which you will then have to go retrieve as a move action. River flows to the left, by the way.)
    Last edited by HZ514; 2012-08-17 at 12:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show


    Disintegrate. Gust of Wind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    …you do understand how stories work, right?
    (Snipped from this post.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •